Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First3132333435Last >>
Author Topic:
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel and Legolas were traveling through the woods, Legolas weak and out of it, riding on the horse with Eleniel. It wasn't until it was almost to late that Eleniel ran into two of Thranduils gaurds, who slowed down when they saw their Prince weak and being supported by Eleniel.

"What happened here?!" One of the gaurds asked dismouting his horse and crossing over to Eleniels horse, Eleniel gently lowered Legolas into the out stretched arms of the gaurd.

"He was shot by an Orc arrow..." Eleniel said dismouting his own horse, "He has to be brought to King Thranduil immediately."

"Of course, follow close behind." The gaurd said mouting his horse again.
The elves began it, waking up the trees, teaching them to speak...
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel turned just as someone tumbled from the tree and landed in a laughing heap on the ground. Tears of joy filled Linriel's eyes as she ran to Elf maid. "Meri! Meri! My dear friend!" She looked up just as Beri jumped down from the branches and landed beside her cousin. "Beri! Oh, how happy I am to see you!" Linriel laughed and cried as the three Elves hugged. "Galadriel told me the two of you were off on an adventure. I know we did not plan on coming this way but it seems there was some urgency and we were needed in Mirkwood. There is a new member of the party, a young man who is wounded."

She looked at Meri and Beri and pulled some dried leaves from their hair. "Legolas is here as well. He knows about the pig incident doesn't he?" Linriel could not help but smile at the look Meri and Beri exchanged.

"I am gathering some herbs I hope will help the injured young man and I must tell you that Legolas has also been wounded...by an orc arrow. Come let us go."

Linriel stopped to gather some flowers that she needed and as the three maids came out of the trees, they saw Harn laying on the ground. "It is the young man I told you about!" Linriel cried as she ran to the boy on the forest floor. "Harn! Harn!" There was no response. Linriel quickly opened her pack and removed elderberry leaves and some athelas water.

Harn was bleeding from the wound of the arrow and also again from his head injury. Linriel poured athelas water on a cloth and washed the blood from Harn's head wound. She tore his shirt where the arrow pierced his shoulder and put elderberry leaves on it to stop the pain and to ward off infection. Meri and Beri ran back into the woods and found some athelas. Linriel nodded, "Thank you, my supply is almost gone."

Harn moaned and began to stir. "Harn, Harn, can you hear me?" Linriel said. He opened his eyes slowly. Linriel leaned close to him. "I saw that arrow strike you. I do not know what is going on here but there seems to be trouble afoot. I will stay close to you but now we must get to the healing chamber to cleanse that wound and bind it. Can you stand?"

Meri and Beri joined Linriel in helping Harn to his feet.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn stood but fell back against the tree. He grasped Linriel’s shoulder.
“The arrow head is still in there. But wait,” he cried knocking her hand down, “It’s barbed I already tried.”
He leaned back his head was pounding and he could hardly think.
“What should we do Meri Beri?”
Harn jerked, could it be?
“Meri Beri?” he asked weakly.
“Harn,” they answered.
It was them! He blinked hard trying to focus.
“Ithil,” he murmured.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri grinned at Linriel and brushed the dirt off her leggings. Beri jumped down to join them, and they exchanged greetings with her. The cousins wondered who the injured young man was, and what help Mirkwood needed. When they were told that Prince Legolas had joined the group, they exchanged looked of surprise and guilty smiles as they remembered the pig incident. Yes, Legolas would probably have been told of that, as it had caused a lot of trouble, though he probably would not know their faces.
They walked with Linriel, and came to a boy lying on the ground. He looked familiar but his face was scraped and bruised, and anyway his injuries were more important. Linriel said something to the boy, but the cousins were too busy looking around for helpful herbs to pay much attention. Beri noticed some athelas a little way away, and they ran off to collect as much as they could and bring it back to Linriel.
Meri stared at the boy, a troubled expression on her fair face. He was so familiar... and she was sure she knew who he was, but he seemed so badly hurt... and why would he come back here?
Linriel was talking quietly to the boy, and Beri heard the words she spoke, but wished that she had not. It pained her to see her friend in so much pain. The boy answered Linriel, and sure enough it was his voice. They helped him to his feet.
"What should we do Meri, Beri?" Linriel asked.
Harn looked up sharply, startled, and whispered their names.
"Harn," they replied. Five years were not long in the life of an elf, but, perhaps because they were still young, they remembered well their time with Harn, healing his injuries and caring for him until he was strong again, then traveling with him, until finally they parted ways.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel had a worried, fleeting thought about leaving Linriel and Harn alone, especially since she still harbored suspicion about Harn's true intentions.

But now, Legolas was her main concern. Her dear childhood playmate had slumped to the hground as if he were a felled tree. The skin near where he was shot was red and swollen. Blood had stopped flowing from the puncture, but it would be a long time before it was even somewhat healed. Remembering that he had dropped to the ground, Eleniel hoped that no bugs or other infection had touched the wound, including the dreadful poison Harn seemed to have.

Eleniel watched with a swollen heart as Legolas was quickly taken away by attendents in russet robes. "Alert the king!" she heard somebody call, and a tall, dark haired Elf dashed off towards the throne room.

Eleniel picked up her feet, going after him as he moved quickly over Mirkwood's tunneled bridges and halls. The roar of the river was fierce in her ears as she raced passed the doors of the old armory.

The Elf was talking to King Thranduil as she caught up. Not wanting to intrude on the explaination, she held back, half obscured behind an ochre pillar. She sensed Tumion's presence behind her, but couldn;t bring herself to acknowledge him.

The second the messenger was gone, Eleniel sprang out of her spot, racing down the slight incline and up the steps to Thranduil's throne.

"My lord," she said quickly before realizing that the one before her was her king no longer, "You sent for me."

It was in that second that Eleniel realized she may have stpped forward too soon. The grief was still fresh in Thranduil's eyes and on his face. But somehow managed to say, "That I did. Eleniel, what do you know of this accident?"

"I was there," she said quietly, "it was an Orc ambush."

Before Thranduil could say anything more, Tumion cleared his throat. When Eleniel turned, she could see Linriel stumbling in with Harn;s arm over one shoulder, with the cousins Meri and Beri on his other side. Meri! she thought. Beri!

Thranduil quickly ordered attendants to see to Harn. Eleniel wanted to warn him that Harn could be a traitor, but did not know how to do so without offending her companions. The attendants came quickly, and then Thranduil looked up at the rest of the group. However, Eleniel's companion's were hustling away after Harn.

"Come," Eleniel called hastily, not wanting them to ruin their first impression in Mirkwood,and also knowing that Thranduil would not give them a formal invitation to come down. "Quickly. I will introduce you!" But they were gone after Harn.

Eleniel turned to Thranduil. "I will bring them to you for introduction later. But this is Tumion."

[Edited on 06/27/2014 by findemaxam48]
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn saw Elenial whisper something to one of the Elves supporting him. He looked desparately at Linriel, Meri, and Beri before he was half carried through the many hallways of Mirkwood. They reached a room an Elf stood waiting.
"Bring him to the bed."
The Elf examined Harn's wounds.
"I will have to cut that arrowhead out."
Harn watched helplessly as the Elf prepared a small knife. The Elves held him down as the Elf approached.
"Hold this," the Elf said placing a piece of wood in Harn's mouth.
Harn screamed as the blade cut the arrow out. All was swimming in a blur of pain. The last thing he could remember was the sweet smell of some plant.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel was glad she did not have to remove the arrowhead out in the woods. It was much better and safer to have a healing Elf tend to Harn but she knew he must be in great pain. The tiny blue plant with the sweet fragrance should keep Harn asleep for some time.

Meri and Beri looked on with concern for Harn. They know him! They have spent time with him! It should be an interesting story to hear. But first, they must see Thranduil and find out what reason he has for sending Legolas out to find Eleniel.

Linriel laid her hand on Harn's brow and it was cool to her touch. His fever has broken She looked to Meri and Beri. "Come, we must see Thranduil." She noticed hesitation on the faces of the two cousins. "Or perhaps since you have just arrived, maybe you would rather sit here until Harn wakes." Linriel stood and said, "I must see the King."

Linriel hurried from the healing chamber and made her way through the darkened passages. She arrived just as Eleniel began to introduce Tumion to Thranduil.

[Edited on 06/26/2014 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Thranduil was in another room with Legolas, he wanted to be there when he woke up, which could be anytime. He didn't want to take any chances of being away from his son.

"Tell me is there poison?" Thranduil asked, trying to stay calm for him and Legolas, but it wasn't working very well for the healer could hear the hurt in his voice.

"There is, but do not worry my lord, Prince Legolas will live, I promise you this.." the healer said, she felt worried to promise the king such a thing when they hadn't gotten a good look at injury yet but she had to tell him some good news to calm him down.

"I'm sorry my lord, but you will have to step out. We don't want to take you away from your son but this injury will require surgery, something I'm sure you do not want to see..." a second healer said, Thranduil was hesitant about leaving his son but in the end he agreed.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
For the first time in forever Harn's dreams were peaceful and deep.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel watched Thranduil enter the throne room. He must have gone to see Legolas

She thought about Harn. He is most likely deep in slumber. The chicory will allow him to rest. I will go see him later

Linriel slipped quietly into the throne room.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Thranduil was just turning to leave when he noticed someone walk in.

"May I help you with anything?" Thranduil asked, a little stressed out over Legolas' injury.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel turned to Linriel, who had just come down from first the healing room and then the main enterance. "I am sorry that the king left before I could introduce you," she said quickly. "He barely spoke to Tumion and I. I suppose he is concerned for Legolas, as am I. Meri, Beri," she called up. "I am glad to see that you have returned to us."
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 06/26/2014 by findemaxam48]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn woke hours later. The pain was gone but his vision was a little muddled. The healer Elf and another, tall and lordly Elf stood talking. Linriel stood by the bed along with Meri and Beri.
"He's awake."
The lordly Elf walked hastly towards him. It was then that Harn noticed a intricate band of gold around the Elf's head.
"Who are you and what do you know about what happened to my son," the Elf demanded.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beri was feeling confused. She was happy to have seen Linriel again, and of course pleased to cross paths with Harn again, but what was he doing here? Why would he venture back to the place where he had been so badly injured before?

She exchanged a greeting with Eleniel, but was surprised to hear of Eleniel's deep concern for Prince Legolas. Of course it was worrying for anyone to be hurt, never mind a Prince, but she spoke as if she was a close friend of his.

And now Thranduil, the King himself, was here in the room where she stood, interrogating Harn. She felt she should speak in his defense, as Harn was still weak, but no words would come to her.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel was glad to see that Harn was awake. Her hand on his forehead told her his fever was gone. She looked at all who were at his bedside. It seems we are all connected in one way or another.

King Thranduil was in the chamber and turned suddenly to Harn. The King was angry and spoke harshly to the boy. Harn's eyes were unfocused and Linriel knew he could not answer.

"My Lord," said Linriel with a bowed head. "forgive me, but the boy is unwell. We were ambushed by orcs and..."

"Silence!" Thranduil stared at Linriel. Several moments passed. The room was quiet save for the sound of Harn's rapid breathing.

The King tilted his head towards her. "Linriel?" The Elf maid lifted her head. "Yes, my Lord. I am here with Eleniel. We are all here with Eleniel. When Legolas came to fetch her, we decided to join her...to join you...to help in any way we can." She nodded to Harn. "Harn has come to help as well."

Thranduil looked at the small company. "It is good. It is good for all of you to be here. Help is needed."

[Edited on 06/27/2014 by Lindarielwen]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel wanted to dash after her king to see his reaction to his son's health, and to help in any way that she could. But something held her back, a slight mistrust-no, not mistrust- a sense of unpredictibility of Thranduil's actions.

As if mirroring her thoughts, Tumion said, "The King of Mirkwood seems harsh."

Eleniel turned to Tumion. "No, not harsh," she said. "Perhaps a bit guarded. And maybe misguided. It would be best not to anger him, especially at a time like this."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn blinked hard trying to remember how his father used to address the Ruler.
"I'm Harn, son of Nain, from the fourth point of The Five Villages. Eight years ago my village was destroyed and he that leads the marauders has hunted me recently. He placed a price on my head and sent orcs to attack us. I can describe the leader and take you to his camp."
He looked questioningly at Linriel hoping he said the right things.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 06/28/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel gave a slight nod to Harn and she knew his remarks would be of great use to Thranduil.

The healing Elf stepped forward. "I am sorry but Harn needs to rest. He will recover from his wounds but he must lay still for a while. Please, all of you, take your leave and return tomorrow."

The Elf said to Thranduil, "My King, your son is asking for you. Let me take you to him." Thranduil agreed but turned to Harn. "Your information will be of great help. We will discuss this further when you are better able to tell me what you know."

Thranduil left the room and the others began to leave as well. Linriel went to Harn. "Your words lay heavily on the mind of the King. We must all prepare for what lies ahead. Gather your strength."

Linriel hurried to catch up with the others.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn hated being alone. He wished that someone had stayed just to keep him company. He realized that he had been alone too long. The healer Elf returned and mixed something. Hours dragged on giving him too much time to think. He slept restlessly throughout the day. The healer Elf came and went. It was near evening when two Elves, dressed as guards, entered, carrying chains.
"King Thranduil ordered that the boy be contained lest he be a traitor," one of them addressed the healer.
Harn watched in horror as the Elves chained his ankles and wrists together. Traitor, he was only a prisoner of war to be used then cast away. Traitor.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel paced back and forth in the hall, and Tumion watched her with interest. "Where are they?" she asked out loud.

"You yourself told Thranduil to see his son," Tumion answered her. "Why do you not go after him if you still wish to talk?"

"I couldn't intrude," Eleniel said quickly.

"Why ever not?" Tumion asked. "You are familiar with the King, anybody could see that."

"I may be familiar, but he is still a king," Eleniel responding, momentarily ceasing her pacing. "I am his subordinate."

"And Legolas is your friend," Tumion said.

He was correct. And it angered Eleniel to admit such. "We will stay here until THranduil and the others return."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn was staring at the shackles when he heard a knock on the door.
"May I come in?" he heard Linriel's voice call.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel saw Thranduil as soon as he emerged from Legolas' room, far above from where they were standing. "Come with me," She said to Tumion, and dashed upwards. Thranduil saw her coming, and stopped. Greif was fresh on hos face, but Eleniel persisted. "King Thranduil," she said, "I feel that I must warn you. The boy, Harn, I fear he may be traitorous. When we were attacked in the forest, he seemed to be weak and tired and leery to fight. I do not know if I was the only one who saw it, but..." She looked at Tumion out of the corner of her eye and saw that he still stood silent.

"I fear that your companion may be a traitor as well, Eleniel," the king said, slowly and tiredly. "I have given orders for him to be contained."

Eleniel breathed outward. So perhaps she had not been wrong. Perhaps she was not the only one to read Harn's aura of suspicion. Relief covered her from head to toe. "Thank You, my Lord," She said with a slight bow of her head. "And how fares Legolas?"

Thranduil's expression was hard. "He fares," He said.

Eleniel nodded. There was nothing else to say.

"Your father is here," Thranduil said suddenly.

Eleniel stiffened. "I do not care to speak with him."

"You know that once the details of the boy's potential tretchery is addressed, the situation must be introduced to the council. As one who holds many details in this matter, you must speak to them all, including your father, eventually." Thranduil slowly turned one of the gleaming opal rings on his finger. "You will speak to him about your arrival before then."

Eleniel hesitated. She could not deny direct orders, but she quietly cursed herself for desiring to come here in the first place. All that had occured was battle and accusations, so far. She knew that if she and her father were placed in the same place for a long period of time, something else even more destructive was bound to happen. And, she could not bear the grief of speaking to her only living relation.

"I will speak to Linriel about going to see my father with me," Eleniel said. "I merely need to see where Linriel is."

"She might be with Harn," Tumion spoke up.

Eleniel nodded. "Yes. With Harn." She looked to Thranduil. "I will go seek her out in earnest. With or without her, I will see to my father."

Thranduil merely nodded at Eleniel's assent to contact. "That is good. You will find him residing in the far North corridor, the last door in the hall. I can send up food and drink, should you require it." He turend away. "I must consult the captain of the guard with news of this attack. It was far too close to my borders for comfort. Expect extra security. I will place guards in your halls and outside your doors at night for protection in these times. Because you were affiliated with Harn, your own lives may be endangered, especially if he is proven of treason."

Eleniel nodded. "I will go see Linriel now, my lord, by your leave."

Thranduil raised his hand, waving her away. Eleniel turned away and gestured for Tumion to follow. They were halfway down the hall before Thranduil callled after them, "Eleniel."

She froze and slowly turned back. Thranduil hadn;t moved an inch, down to the way he was standing and the way that his head was angled. He had been watching them. "I will ask your father if you had spoken to him when the sun dawns tomorrow. I suggest you speak to him by then."

Eleniel nodded numbly and continued on towards Harn's room.

The guards allowed them both in, but Tumion shook his head. "I am going to go see the area for a few moments." It was no secret to Eleniel that he was looking for easy ways of escape, should it be nessesary.

"Go on," Eleniel said. As Tumion left, she went into Harn's room.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
It was not Linriel but Elenial who stepped in.
"You must help me Elenial," he cried, "they call me a traitor."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel did not know how to respond to Harn. She sat down across from him, avoiding the chains, and said, "Thranduil is merely suspicous of you. Im sure your name will be cleared in due time."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn stared again at the chains. Was he after all of their promises to be killed? The chains rubbed painfully against his wrists.Was he deceived? But no Meri and Beri were there. But had they too been deceived? It was then that he heard footsteps outside the door.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel heard voices in Harn's room and without knocking, she opened the door and entered. "Harn, I got here as fast as I....." Linriel began but stopped as soon as she saw Harn in chains. "What is the meaning of this?" she shouted and looked at Eleniel. "What is going on here?" She went to the bed and pulled on the chains. "This is a disgrace. We came here to help and this is the way one of our company is treated?"

"Eleniel, what do you know of this? Where is the King? This will not be tolerated. I will go seek Thranduil." Linriel spoke quickly. To Harn, she said, "Just lay still. I will find out why you are in chains and will return swiftly."

Linriel left Harn's room and ran down the hall, looking for Thranduil.

[Edited on 07/02/2014 by Lindarielwen]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel caught up to Linriel as quickly as she could manage. "Linriel! The King is meeting with the guards! You will only inturrupt and anger him!" Linriel didn;t cease moving. "Linriel!" Eleniel slid in front of her. "I can lossen the chains, just a little bit so that Harn can move. Thranduil is suspicious. No, better yet, I will remove the chains in such a way that Harn can slide them back on. The guards will not enter the room; they fear harn himself. Come back. I need to ask a favor of you as well."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn felt confused and fearful. Here he once thought was a safe place. But now...
Eleniel followed by Linriel entered. Eleniel reached for his wrists. Frightened he moved away. He didn't trust anyone, anymore. He had learned his lesson.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel quickly went to Harn. "Eleniel is going to slacken the chains. Do not fear, I will not tolerate this treatment of you. I will speak to Thranduil." The Elf maid leaned close to Harn's ear and whispered, "Do not struggle. Save your strength. I am not sure if Eleniel can be relied on."

Linriel stood up and faced Eleniel. "What is it? What is so important that you kept me from seeing the King? We came to this land to offer help, not to be imprisoned."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Just then guards entered.
"The Healer declared him well enough to be transported to the cells."
They proceeded to force him up and out of the room. Harn, like a wild horse, that has realized to late, fallen into a trap, fought despite the agonizing pain in his shoulder. He could hear Linriel screaming something but it was all an act he thought. One of the guards knocked him over the head and all went black.
Harn woke in a drery cell with a guard pacing right outside.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Nearly as soon as Eleniel began to work on the chains, two guards emerged, declared Harn well enough to wait in the dungeons, and then began to haul him away. "Wait!" Eleniel found herself shouting. "Stop!"

Surprisingly, the guards did. Harn hung,listless from their arms. The two guards looked at her for a moment, and then continued on. It was then that Harn began to struggle, and one of the guards hit him violently over the head. Harn slumped down, unresponsive.

Linriel was screaming, and Eleniel ran back to her quickly. "Linriel!" She said sternly. "Listen to me!" Her friend was still shaken and still bent, Eleniel assumed, on protesting to Thranduil. "Listen! What I was going to ask of you before can wait. I know you fear for Harn, as do Meri and Beri. And I must say that I thought Harn would do us more harm than good. But now I see that his actions are not that one of who has done wrong. Harn is wounded, inside and out. We cannot let Thranduil treat him this way, especially since..." Eleniel hesitated. "...Especially since I told him I suspected Harn."

At Linriel's horrified expression, Eleniel said quickly, "But I know how to clear his name. And you can most definitely help me with that. Come. We must speak to the Captain of the Guard, most quickly. If we go now, KIng Thranduil may be done speaking with her. If not, we hide until he is. He will speak to the council, Linriel. And my father is on that council. If we can convince not only the Captain but also my father of Harn's innocence, this matter can be complete and we can move on to what we were called here to do."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn sat, supporting his weak arm. His head pounded from the blow from the guard. Why had he trusted them? Now escape was imposible and death inevitable. He traced the deep scars on his hand. Pain and distrust swelled in his heart.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Come," Eleniel said to Linriel, who was still in shock, and worse, standing still. "Hurry! We may have little time to do this."
<< First3132333435Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email