Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First3031323334Last >>
Author Topic:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn spurried Ithil up to Linriel.
"Will the King want to speak to me?" he asked. "I've been branded," he said wrapping the cloth back around his hand. "I can only describe the leader I could recognize him though. He knows my face as well if he sees me..."he trailed off. "I know where his camp is," he said finally.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel saw how quickly Harn wrapped the ragged cloth around his hand. "I have something that should help with your wound. I will tend to it the next time we stop."

She looked at him and considered what he said. "It would seem to me that you will have audience with Thranduil. You have valuable information that could help stop this wanton destruction. You will be protected once we reach the borders of Mirkwood. You need not fear."

Linriel wanted to ask Harn more about the rogue Elves but thought not to. He knows who leads them and where the camp is. "I think it would be best if you told everything you know to King Thranduil once we arrive at Mirkwood. Best not to talk about it while we are on the road."
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"There is nothing that can take it away for it is deep and has been there for eight years," Harn said ashamedly.
His headache returned with full force and he swayed unsteadly for a moment. He fell back until he was last, then leaned heavly on Ithil's back. He caught himself almost falling a couple of times but Ithil kept her master balanced.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel watched as Harn swayed on his saddle. She reached out to him but his horse seemed to shift its weight to keep her rider balanced. Linriel kept Meldir close to Ithil in case Harn needed help.

Tumion rode up next to Linriel. "How is the boy?" he asked. Linriel answered, "He is a bit feverish. I will tend to him once we stop. His hand must be shown to Thranduil and afterwards I will put a salve on it to help in healing." Tumion looked at Harn, barely holding on to the saddle. "He has been through a lot but it was deemed for this to happen. It seems he knows who the rogue leader is."

Linriel nodded. "Yes, it seems that he does." She spoke the words almost too quietly to hear.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel thought that she may know who the leader of the rogue bands was, too.

She heard Tumion and Linriel speak of the identity of the leader quietly, in hushhushhush voices. Linriel, Eleniel could tell just by her friends demeanor, seemed to know clearly of the threat that they faced. But did she know more? Did she know what Eleniel presumed? That Harn, as faithful and innocent as he may seem, could be the one to betray them? Eleniel did not know how to bring the thought up without showing outright hatred. Perhaps she could speak to Linriel about it later, although her friend seemed to care for Harn like he was a family member.

But it made sense. The discontent Harn had shown towards Mirkwood, towards Thranduil, and his tone when he spoke towards Legolas, even herself.

Eleniel tried to shake the possibility from her already troubled mind as they rode on.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel lit a torch sheding light on the path. Harn turned weakly to Legolas.

"Forgive my harsh words please," he said, "I spoke wrong. I belived still that your people destroyed mine. Can we be friends?"

He was silent for a time.

"What is it like to have a king that cares for his people?"

[Edited on 06/21/2014 by Cenor]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel sat up straighter at those words. A spark from the fire nipped her wrist and she jerked her arm backwards. Rather than retaliate honestly to a question from a maybe-traitor, she found herself asking, "Why does that trouble you, Harn? Why do you wonder what it is like to live under a king who cares? Surely you lived somewhere, once, where there was empathy shown to you."
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"My father governed the Fouth Point," he replied, "but our ruler was a coward. What is a caring king like?" he asked again determined to get an answer.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"It is wonderful to have a king who is both a loving father and loved by his people, he would give his life, I know, to protect anyone and everyone." Legolas said with a smile, he was still riding ahead of everyone.
The elves began it, waking up the trees, teaching them to speak...
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel didn't have the heart to analyze Harn's true intention's; she knew that they would emerge soon enough. "Legolas is right," she said, calling to her friend. "Legolas! Come and take a repreive, we will tend to Harn's wounds before we continue to ride on."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
((I'm adding a little suspense here ))Legolas turned around but was met with an arrow in his side from somewhere he didn't know, he couldn't focus on that, only the pain. That was when a band of Orcs came crashing through the brush. Everything was a blur, Orcs and elfs moving in slow motion, he eventually let the blackness overcome him.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn saw the arrow, Legolas, the orcs. All weakness disappeared and a battle lust strengthened his body and will. Without thinking he spurred Ithil forward and jumped into the fray over the prince drawing his sword in the process. He heard the others galloping up. He wasn't what one would call a swordmaster, in fact people would call him a dirty fighter. He fought using his sword but his dagger did most of the killing, slipping unseen to stab his opponent. He saw Eleniel hard pressed by two large orcs. Quickly he sliped his hand inside his boot, grabbed his knife, and flung it dispatching one of the orcs. Still more orcs poured onto the path.

[Edited on 06/21/2014 by Cenor]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Legolas!" Eleniel cried, as she saw the arrow. She leaped to her feet, snatched her bow, and jerked an arrow to the string. She brought it to her ear and aimed at the orc closest to Tumion. "Get down!" She yelled at him as the arrow broke into the orc's throat.

She turned around quickly and drew her knife from her belt. Used only for the nescesities of travel; it had never seen battle before. She gripped the stone hilt and moved towards the next orc, her hair blowing back into her face. An orc saw her lunge at it's companion, and quickly went to the backof her, trying to block her movement. Its weapon grazed against her arm, but Eleniel moved to make sure it would make no move on anyone again. As she brought up her bow, a knife came and stuck the foul creature in the back. It fell, and from behind him, Eleniel saw Harn. What is he up to?

As she went to go swipe at the next orc, she felt someone run into her from behind, knocking her to the ground. Her forehead struck the dirt ground; stones pressed into her ear. As she struggled to regain her footing, she saw Tumion dash over to Legolas, who had regained movement, and help him over to safety before he dashed back into the fight. Safe.

Just as Eleniel drew out her new sword for the first time, she saw someone dart into the trees. A flicker of brightness caught her eye before she was forced back into the fray.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Be careful little one. I have put a price on your head. You will never make it to Thranduil."
Harn jumped, it was him. He turned, hatred gleaming in his eyes.
" I'll kill you," he screamed.
But the speaker was gone. Only a silver gleam fast disappearing into the woods. Just then a black arrow whizzed past his head. Harn ducked as several more hissed around him. I have put a price on your head. You will never make it to Thranduil the words echoed in his head. His companions were defeating the orcs around them but most of the orcs suddenly surged around him. Arrows still flew until Harn was forced to use an orc shield.

[Edited on 06/23/2014 by Cenor]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel almost pursued the brightness she saw, but decided against it. The orcs kept surging forward, and it was too hard to concentrate on else occuring.

She clenched her sword and went further into the fight. Harn was dodging arrows as if he was locked in a strange dance. He was now clenchiong a roughly fashioned Orc shield, trying to defend himself. Eleniel started sending her arrows to the Orcs around him, hoping that the man wouldn;t be killed before they could find out more about him.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn swung his blade at the orc in front of him. A sickening blow to his head sent him to the ground. He watched helplessly as an orc raised his ax to finish the blow.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Tumion suddenly swung his sword at something Eleniel could not see. When she blinked, Harn was scrambling away from an Orc that lay dead on the ground.

The battle was winding down. Tumion and Linriel went around back through the Orcs, picking off the remainder of them Eleniel stood on solid legs and walkied swiftly over to Legolas.

"How are you, mellon?" she asked, kneeling to tend to his wounds. "Linriel!" She called. "Legolas' wound needs binding!"
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"I've been better, my friend....." Legolas said, his voice a whisper, his breathing came out in small pants.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Hannon le," Harn thanked Tumion in broken Elvish. "You saved my life

[Edited on 06/22/2014 by Cenor]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"Filthy things," said Linriel with disgust as she withdrew her blade from the body of an orc she just felled. She took a deep breath. "Tumion, it was good to fight along side you once again. It seemed like..." Linriel stopped talking as she heard Eleniel call for her. "We must get back," Linriel said as she ran off.

Tumion and Linriel ran between orc bodies and reached the others. Tumion went to Harn as Linriel hurried to get her pack and go to Legolas. She knelt on the ground beside the Prince and looked at his wound. An orc arrow! It could be poisoned. "Good thing you removed the arrow, Eleniel. All I need do is apply a salve of elderberry leaves and a bit of athelas. Will you help me with the binding?"

As Eleniel wrapped the wound, Linriel leaned close to her and whispered, "We must waste no time in getting to Mirkwood. I fear the arrow was poisoned."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn crawled away from the worried group around Legolas. He placed his head between his knees, trying to ease the painful throbbing. An hour passed while Linriel tried to bandage the prince's wound.
"Come everyone we must make hast to Thranduil," she called.
"I'm not coming," Harn said.
"What?"
"Today's attack was all my fault," he stammered. "Legolas and Eleniel wouldn't have been hurt. He was here. He spoke to me but when I turned he was gone. He told me that he had a price on my head and that I would never make it to Thranduil. From the way the orcs shot and surronded me I believe he did, and a large sum at that. Don't you see I'm a danger to you."
Harn bowed his head again, orc blood stained his hair an awful black but a red stream of blood slowly trickled down his head.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"Harn....please, come with us...speak with my father..." legolas said, his eyes fluttering to stay open.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Who told you?" Eleniel said, a little sharper than she meant to. "Who told you that you would not make it to Thranduil?" She checked the knot of Legolas' bandage. "Hush, now," she said to him. "You need rest."

Harn seemed a mess, shaken and agitated. Eleniel stood up to stretch her legs and crossed over to where Tumion was standing.

Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"The leader," Harn whispered. How much further till we get there?"
Harn didn't want to delay them. Death would be a sweet release from the past that plauged him.
"Let Legolas ride Ithil she jostles less."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel rushed to Harn when she saw blood trickling from his wound. She poured Athelas water on a cloth and wiped his face. He was feverish and mumbling about not going to Mirkwood.

"We are not leaving you behind to fend for yourself." she said to Harn. "You are now part of this company and we are all going to Mirkwood. Do not blame yourself for the orc attack. If you are the reason they are following us, we shall find out soon enough."

"Let us continue on. We do not have far to go." Linriel called to the others.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
“I will go,” he said summoning up his courage.
Harn grabbed his water skin from his saddle. He lifted it to his lips but something on the rim stopped him. He flung the skin down onto the dusty path. Clear liquid flowed out creating a muddy stream, when the last of it gurgled out a deadly green fluid leaked from the skin. Harn stared horrified at the skin, as did the others.

johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"How far are we now?" Legolas asked, he was too tired and weak to remember anything about where they were, all he wanted was to see his father.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Just about fifty leagues or so from Mirkwood," Eleniel answered her friend. "With any luck, if we ride with no further dealy, we will be in your father's courts by nightfall."

Eleniel's arms ached from the blows she took and blocked, but she knew that the pain would not last and that Harn and Legolas's wounds were the ones that currently needed tending. I hope that arrow wasn't poisoned.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn picked up his water skin and tossed it into the woods. He stepped over to Linriel.
"Do you have any water?"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel stared at the green liquid that came from Harn's water skin. Poison! Who would do such a thing? What does Harn know that someone wants to silence?

"I have plenty of water," Linriel said as she handed a water skin to Harn. "Keep the skin, I have several others."

Linriel noticed Harn's head wound no longer was bleeding so she went to Legolas and looked at the wrapping on his injury. It was still seeping and the blood was a dark brown colour. She looked at Eleniel and shook her head. "Let us continue on our way to Mirkwood." said Linriel, trying to keep her voice calm.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel took Legolas with her on Meldir so Harn rode Ithil. They rode fast but not hard. The horse’s hooves keeping a steady beat on the worn road. Harn, shaken from earlier events, rode at the back of the group. Hours passed, Eleniel shouted that they were not far away. Harn was staring at the trees arching over the path with the sun shining through the leaves, like a canopy of emeralds. When out of nowhere a soft twang sounded. Harn reeled in the saddle as an arrow dug deep into his shoulder. None of the others noticed so he broke the arrow off and stared at it. It was no orc arrow for the shaft was straight and smooth. No poison, the blood was running a clear red. Casually, he wrapped his cloak around him hiding the wound and tossed the arrow into the brush. He did not need to slow them down Legolas needed tended to first.
“We are here,” Eleniel called.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
The trees and the paths looked exactly the same as Eleniel had left them, still worn down and weary with the pass of time. But seeing them enlightened her, and she said with new life in her voice, "Come. Legolas and I will take you to see King Thranduil."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel heard a noise and she turned around just in time to see Harn breaking off an arrow that was lodged in his shoulder. She almost cried out but thought not to. He has his own reasons for keeping quiet. I will tend to him later.

Mirkwwod at last! Linriel slid from the saddle and handed Meldir's reins to Eleniel. "I am not going with you right now. There are flowers just outside the trees that I have been looking for. I will join you soon." With that, Linriel ran out into the forest.

She found the flowers immediately but that was not her only reason for leaving the company. She sensed something. A presence. She did not feel threatened but kept her hand on the hilt of her sword just in case she needed to defend herself.

Suddenly she heard a branch crack! Quickly, she turned and her eyes filled with delight at what she saw!
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
The cousins ran on through the woods, then slowed to a walk as they approached the vast realm of Mirkwood. They gazed in silence at the trees that had once seemed so welcoming and protecting, and now appeared to be warding them away. But it's just apprehension, Merilwen thought. She remembered when they came here first, laughing and joking and playing tricks. She grinned, and lay down in the crumbly earth. Beriadanwen turned around, and offered Meri her hand, but Meri pulled her down to join her, and they played in the dust, using what little they had for their games, making something out of almost nothing, the way they always had.
Finally, with twigs in their hair and smiles on their faces, they ran towards Mirkwood again, with a little more hope in their hearts. They were just nearing the borders when they heard the sound of someone or something, a little ahead of them. They were still wary, so they climbed the nearest trees, their bare feet making no sound on the strong branches, and were able to make their way closer to the sound. It was hard to see through the mass of branches, but they could make out a figure, presumably an elf. Their back was turned towards the cousins, but as Meri lent forwards to get a better view, a thin branch snapped, and the figure turned around.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn staggered slightly as he dismounted Ithil but clenched his teeth and walked behind Eleniel, Tumion, and Legolas. Linriel disappeared into the woods. He was lagging far behind the others so he decided to wait for Linriel. He leaned back against a tree and waited. The blood was running down his tunic as he tried to staunch the wound. But everything was growing dim and slowly he lapsed into unconsciousness.
<< First3031323334Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email