Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2324252627Last >>
Author Topic:
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass chuckled quite a bit. He looked at Ella and smiled, "It seems we have been chosen to entertain the group. I will agree to this, though I must admit Ella, the sight of you with that ax is thoroughly terrifying." Thurinlass readied his bow, no arrows though, he would just use the blade on the front. "What do you say Ella, a test of iron against silver?" He asked her with a grin.
The sky is afire with wroth, and the rivers are red with blood.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel was embarrassed with the idea she had. Ella felt somewhat guilty.
“I did not mean to hurt you, my friend.” She smiled to her and looked at Linriel, who asked almost for entertainment. Her attention turned to Thurinlass who smiled.

“I am an elf from Mirkwood, after all. In addition, I have learned from the mighty Erebor dwarves, also. Yet, battling against a First Born, is somewhat frightening.” Ella smiled looking at Fili, who nodded to her.

“Show him the power of Durin’s folk!” He yelled laughing.

Her expression turned serious as she looked at the silver bow. It was ironic that it was made by the creator of that folk. She walked slowly to him, throwing her cloak to the floor, such as her bow and her dagger.

“Herunya, show me all you have got.”
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass smiled, "Perhaps not that much." He said, then he ran towards her, but dropped. He slid between her feet using his bow to pull her legs out from under her. After he slid past her he got into a kneeling position, slid a feet more feet, then stood up, ready to respond to whatever Ella had to offer.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel sat on a tree root and watched the contest begin. She knew it was all in fun for she did not think Thurinlass would make any real effort to defeat Ella.

She looked at the others, all watching to see what would happen. This is just play. It will not be like this when we get to Mordor.

Linriel put her head down. Mordor! To go after that girl who brought trouble with her and still brings us trouble even though she is not here.

She shook her head, still not knowing what to do.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Merilwen approached Linriel.
"Linriel," she asked, "Would you teach me how to use a bow?"
Linriel had been watching the fight and shaking her head, an uncertain look on her face, so Meri wished to distract her as well as learn a useful skill.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel smiled at the lovely young elf. "I see you have found a bow that suits you. Yes, some bow work is in order." Linriel answered.

Looking at Ella and Thurinlass, she called out, "Come on you two! The orcs of Mordor will do more than just stare at us once we get there. Show us your skills in battle!"

"Adonnenniel, watch how they defend themselves against each other. Knowing some defensive moves can be much more important than attacking."

Adien was watching all the goings on about him. That lad has seen much more than he should have at such a young age.

Linriel asked Meri, "Do you favour your left or your right hand?"
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
This is a post on the behalf of Legolas23

Iellwen and the Uruks walked all day. The necklace had gotten cooler at one point in the day but was then growing warmer again. Iellwen still had no explanation for this. When they stopped for the night, Iellwen pulled out her bow and arrows, slinging her quiver over her head. "Hey there, where do ya think you're goin?" said a Uruk. Iellwen answered, "Do you want some fresh meat or not? I am not going to leave. Remember I came with you of my own free will, you did not force me." The Uruk nodded and said, "If you are not back within an hour, I will come and get you myself." "Like you could catch me." Iellwen muttered. Iellwen turned and walked into the woods, she walked and walked until she found some tracks. Deer tracks. She smiled as she saw they were fresh. She drew an arrow and pulled it to the string. She began to walk more silently this time. She walked more slowly and soon heard a rustling in the bushes. She turned and saw a herd of deer running from her. She loosed an arrow and hit a deer but it did not kill it, only slowed it. She shot again and this time the animal fell and did not rise. She went to it and slung it over her shoulder. "I should eat some now or else I might not get enough when I return." She reckoned she has been gone about 20 minutes, so she quickly started a fire and gutted the deer. She cut some meat from the deer and placed a large stone in the fire and placed the meat on the stone. After a while the meat was done. She ate all she prepared. Soon her hunger was sated and she put the fire out. She dragged the deer back to the camp and laid it before the massive Uruk's feet. "You ate some," the Uruk growled. "Of course I did, it is my catch! If I had not eaten some you would have consumed it all without a thought to me. So I took it upon myself to cook some." she said. The Uruk said, "Smart girl, but that was the wrong choice to make. As your punishment you will only receive half rations and you shall not hunt alone anymore."

Adien watched as Linriel began to instruct Meri on archery. He smiled as he watched. "Pull the arrow to your ear." he said. Linriel continued to teach Meri.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Left or right...
"I do not know," Merilwen replied. "But I can throw and catch better with my right hand."
She took the bow in her right hand, then tried pulling it back to her ear as Adien instructed. The string did not feel comfortable in her left hand. Her fingers fumbled with the arrow. She changed the bow to her left hand. It was easier to pull back the string and hold the arrow with her right hand.
"I think this way is better than the other for me."

Beriadanwen was playing with her mice. The babies were so small and hairless, and could barely squirm even the tiniest bit forwards. Midnight and Sunlight were helping them, keeping them warm and comforting them when their attempts to move failed. She thought that their eyes were open, but she could not tell without getting too close, and she did not want them to get too friendly with other creatures. Many would hurt these creatures, humans, as well as orcs, and the creatures of the forests.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"Since you will hold the arrow in your right hand, you should stand with your left foot forward and your feet about shoulder length apart." Linriel started. "Your chin will be over your left shoulder and keep your shoulders down." she continued. "Once the arrow is nocked on the string, you hold the arrow and pull the string back to the side of your face, your fingers will be near the corner of your mouth." Linriel looked at Adien.

Turning back to Meri. "Your elbow should be even with the shaft of the arrow. Point the arrow at your target and take a deep breath. Release the arrow and do not let your hand drop. Move your hand along your face to the back of your ear. Continue holding the bow until the arrow passes the bow." Linriel finished.

"This is just a basic form to use, Meri. As you become better, you can adjust your stance to suit you. When orcs are attacking, you do not have time to stand properly. You must keep letting arrows fly." Linriel told the elf. "Let us gather some arrows and give you something to aim at."

Linriel added, "If your bow is not strung properly, you will have to pull the string further back. Your arrow should not be at your ear when it is released."

May the Valar protect us all.

[Edited on 12/23/2013 by Lindarielwen]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri tried to remember everything that Linriel was telling her, but she kept forgetting it. She tried to position her chin over her left shoulder, but it felt awkward so she kept moving her shoulder back, and the bow moved left. The arrow often fell off the string, and her arm ached from holding up the bow.

She went to collect arrows, and found plenty. There were many other weapons and pieces of armour strewn around, among the corpses. All of the dead orcs only served to remind her that they were not safe anywhere. She might as well fight orcs on the desolate plains of Mordor rather than in the beautiful woods which offered no more protection.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
The elf dived to Ella’s feet, trying to make her fall. Once she noticed it, she let herself being hit with the bow on one foot, and with the other, she tried to kick him. He was kneeling behind her. With one hand, she stood up, jumping to Thurinlass, swinging the axe to him. She knew he would dodge and attack again, yet she was near her dagger so she might use it.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel watched Thurinlass and Ella very closely, storing away ideas from everything she saw. A knot formed in her stomach as she thought of the brutality of orcs, the evil she would have to face. Her strength would be tested beyond anything she had yet faced before. She went to Linriel and Meri. Maybe a bow would work better for her, it seemed less personal, less frightening.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel put her hand on Meri's shoulder. "Do not worry, this is all new to you and will come easier once you no longer feel awkward holding the bow." She saw Adonnenneil approaching. "Would you like to try a bit of bow work?" she asked the elf.

"Maybe we should just watch Ella and Thurinlass for a while." said Linriel. They sat and watched the two continue their battle. Linriel glanced at Adien knowing he knew how to handle a weapon. But he is just a boy.

Linriel wondered what would become of the small group of companions. We have already been through so much and now it seems we are heading for Mordor.

Linriel looked at Thurinlass. He is Firstborn and has been in many fierce battles. She shook her head. Should I go to Mordor or should I go home to Lorien, the place I love?

She looked at the two as they continued their battle. Thurinlass had a smile on his face but Ella's expression was very intense.

[Edited on 12/28/2013 by Lindarielwen]
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass was beaming a smile the whole time. He did not dodge Ella's ax swing, instead he gave her a quick and hard hit to the knuckles, causing the ax to fall to the ground. In a flash he used the other side of his bow to pull Ella's dagger from her sheath and knock it away. He smiled at her, "Having fun?" He asked cheerily.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
This post is on behalf of Legolas23

Adien stayed where he was for a while, fingering the edge of his tunic. He thought to himself, "I might as well practice my archery, it wouldn't hurt anything and I have nothing better to do." He stood and collected his bow and quiver. He had used his sword in the battle so he had no need to search for arrows. He had a full quiver. Adien walked out of the camp, which had grown into a training ground by then and went a little deeper into the forest, wanting to be alone.

Iellwen sat alone on the cold hard ground. The sky was darkening and the stars were coming out. Iellwen tried to find the star that she and her father had named theirs but it was not there. It was gone. She lowered her head and looked at her boots. She needed to practive her archery. She was rusty. Standing, she grabbed her weapon and said, "I am going to practice archery!" "Hey," yelled a Uruk, "how do we know you are telling the truth? You might be findin' food!" "Then come with me," she said quietly. The head Uruk nodded and two of them grabbed their bows and followed her. The three walked into the forest some distance before Iellwen found a rotten log. "There!" she said. "I can't see a thing!" one complained. Iellwen said, "I can see clearly. The full moon is upon us and is lighting up the world. If you cannot see, then let me shoot and you watch." Iellwen nocked an arrow and aimed for a patch of moss on the log. She shot and missed, hitting inches from that spot. She nocked another arrow and aimed. Again she missed, this time hitting the grass underneath it. The Uruks chuckled and that was the breaking point. Iellwen nocked a third arrow, aimed, took a deep breath and released it. It hit in the dead center. She hit the center again and again until she had no arrows left. She turned and looked at the Uruks who were now standing with surprised looks on their faces, though it was hard to tell for Iellwen did not know they could have any expression except anger. She smirked and went to collect her arrows. "You will be very useful in Mordor, that I can tell you." one of the Uruks said.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass was always smiling and that gave her quite some nerves. He hit her knuckles and made the axe fall in the ground. With the bow he knocked away her dagger. She lifted her head looking into his eyes.

"Having fun?"

Ella gave him a sarcastic smile, lifting one eyebrow. Then she grabbed her axe, loosed her dark braided hair and her expression turned serious again.

“You, Herunya,” She gave the last word an irony tone, trying to provoke him, and making a small bow “should know better than anyone, this is no game to have fun with.” She gave one step to remove the distance they had from each other.

“You, Herunya, should know better than any of us,” she pointed to all the others “the pain of fight and battle.” She gave another step and approached her face to his, looking directly in his eyes, and there were only a few inches separating their bodies and their faces. She knew she was stepping the line, trying to press his wounds.

“You, Herunya” She grabbed the dark jewel in her chest and just whispered in a cold voice, with a point of grief “should know better than me, what is to lose those you love, especially those you should protect. You should know the grief of seeing your son dead and hold your beloved in your arms watching death coming.”

She held her axe tight and, with the point of the handle she hit him in the chest. She knew she couldn’t defeat him anyway.

“No, I am not having fun.” She turned back, so he couldn’t see the tears forming in her eyes. Fili stood up yet she ignored him. She used to have fun fighting Kili when he was nothing but a young dwarven prince, along with his brother, who was standing near her, and they used to laugh.

She remembered one day, she was alone with Kili, fighting him, to train both of their skills.

With a hit she gave him in the chest, he was falling to her, yet she stumbled, and he fell on her right on the ground.

”I am sorry, Lady Ella.” He whispered in his voice trembling looking right in her eyes. She felt her face becoming warmer looking at the handsome prince, who already took secretly place in her heart. She laid still beneath him.

They were both gasping yet he couldn’t move his body, for his eyes were stuck on hers. She raised her hand, gently removing a hank of hair from his face. “Prince Kili, we should ret…” She was stopped when she felt his lips on hers and her heart could’ve exploded that moment.

She was standing alone supporting herself against a tree and her eyes full of tears with the memory of her first kiss. Fili didn’t approach since his presence would only make the thing worse, yet he looked to Thurinlass, trying to ask for help without saying anything.

[Edited on 12/29/2013 by Ella]
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel watched Ella's response to Thurinlass's comment. It seemed Thurinlass had not meant anything by his comments, he seemed to be enjoying it himself, but he had brought up memories that were painful for Ella. She went to Ella, but paused to give Thurinlass a look that said "you need to appologize."

She stood behind Ella and lightly touched her shoulder. Seeing that she was crying, she offered a handkercheif.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass' expression grow grim, very grim. This was not the first time he had seen someone work themselves into a fury, and it never ended well. "The fire of the young..." He thought to himself, recalling deeds he had done rashly, and regretted to this day.

He walked over to Ella and Adonnenniel. "Ella." He said, "It seems I have pressed a wound with you that I never intended to touch, and for that I am sorry." He gave a small bow, "And though I do know the pain of war, and loss of family, I cannot imagine the loss of a child, for I myself have never wed." He look down stopping tears of his own, remembering his former master and friend, "You have my apologies and my pity. And I guess that once you have calmed down you will regret a bit of what you say, so I will tell you now that you are forgiven. I will take my leave." And with that, he bowed and turned back towards Linriel.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
A playful battle suddenly took a different turn. We have all experienced loss but not that of a child. Linriel put her head down. How much more will this cost us? Can we not just have peace in our lives for once?

Linriel stood up as Thurinlass approached her. She said, "Herunya, this has brought out some bad memories for Ella. I am sorry it ended like this. Come, let us walk for a bit."
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri watched the mock fight. She heard Ella's outburst, and Thurinlass's reply. They all seemed to be thinking that the loss of a child would be a terrible thing, but all she could think of was Iellwen, her friend.

"Iellwen is a child, and may well be lost if we do not bring her back." She spoke quietly but clearly.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel stopped and turned as she heard Meri's words. "I do not think Iellwen would like it very much if she heard you call her a child." she said to Meri. "With all she has been through, all the battles she has fought, all the deaths by her own hand, she is much more than a child."

Linriel sighed as she looked at Thurinlass. "Perhaps it is time to decide what we must do. There is no more time for delay."

She looked at all of the company one at a time. Her turquoise eyes met Ella, Fili, Adonnenniel, Adien, Meri, Beri, and lastly to Thurinlass. "What say you?" she asked.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass stood tall as Linriel looked at him. This was it, it was time to move, one way or the other. Erebor lied to the North East, and Mordor to the South East. He knew that the choice needed to be made now. Hundreds of thoughts raced through his mind but they were all silenced by the most pure and simple wisdom he had heard in all his years. The words echoed in his head again, 'Iellwen is a child, and may well be lost if we do not bring her back.' Thurinlass sighed. "I will go to Mordor, even if it be alone." He paused, searching for words, "Sauron has taken much from me, and no longer will I allow it."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel looked up at the face of the brave Elf. Her turquoise eyes glistened and her heart pounded as she heard his words. Resting her hand on the hilt of her sword, she knew what she must do.

"No, Thurinlass, you will not go to Mordor alone. You know I have not been eager to go after that girl. But you will not go alone." She put her hand on his shoulder and said, "I will go. I will go to Mordor with you. If with the blade of my sword I can help you stop the evil of Sauron, then so be it."

Linriel stepped back, surprised at her own words, and looked at the others. "So, are the rest of you ready? Are you ready to go to Mordor?"

She looked at Ella. She knew Ella had a choice to make as well.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel looked Thurinlass in the eyes, greatful for his decision. His experience gave her hope. But she knew Ella had a mission of her own which was important to her. She did not want Ella and Fili to feel pressured to go to Mordor when they had a family to return to in Erebor. She turned to Ella, "I will not hold it against you if you choose to go to Erebor now. You need not suffer more."

Then she turned back to Thurinlass and Linriel. A wave of fear swept through her, so strong it made her feel sick, but her decision was made. Iellwen was all she had left; she couldn't live with herself if she didn't try to save her. This is it then, i will probably not be coming back from this mission. I hope it has not been a waste
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel turned her gaze to Adonnenniel. "I know Iellwen is your kin and that you want to save her. Now there are three of us who will go to Mordor. I do not go to Mordor thinking of defeat for that will happen if the thought is there. We go to find Iellwen and bring her back. And kill some orcs as well. Find a bow and gather some arrows to take along with you. An extra weapon will be good to have."

Linriel would not let the thought of defeat cross her mind. She has fought and killed orcs in the past and is not afraid to do it again.

But that girl went to Mordor of her own free will. What if she does not want to come back with us?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
This is a post on behalf of Legolas23

Adien was glad Thurinlass was going to Mordor as was Linriel. "I will be going, of course, she needs our help. and no one else will give it to her but us. I have seen what Mordor has done to her and I know they will torture her even more, this time for escaping. They could do anything to her! We need to get to Mordor before they do much harm!" All eyes were on him now. He had to say something convincing, something that would hit the right spot on all of them. "Iellwen needs our help. No, she is not a child but we are still young. She will not be able to defeat Mordor alone. We can all strike at Sauron by sneaking into Mordor and taking his prisoner. Sneaking into Mordor will not be easy, but Iellwen has done it more than once. We can prevail! We must prevail!"

Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass looked on at all of them, hardly the Seven Sons of Feanor, but they were true of heart. He looked at Adonneniel, and could see the doubt in her eyes, "Do not fear herinya," he began, "Let not your heart be troubled. Things are indeed grim, but hope always remains." He smiled at her in order to reassure her.

Thurinlass now looked at Aiden. He had given little thought to the boy since he joined the company, but now he felt it necessary to say something to him. "You are right in most respects young one." He started, "Iellwen is in great danger. I have tasted such torture and it is bitter. As well, stealing a prisoner right out from under Sauron will shake his confidence, and ignite his wrath so that he may act rashly. But be wary," He continued, "Do not let your mannish pride be your downfall, you are but children in the sight of the world, only your kind reckon manhood so soon. Iellwen, and your self, are both children, but there is no shame therein." He finished.
Erwedraith
Council Member
Send Message
Lothlorien had been more than he had imagined. The Lady herself had given him a bow and thirty arrows made out of the mallorn trees. Caras Galadhon could of been his home but that would have been in the way of his plans. It had been a month or so traveling and that was a well earned rest. Sleeping in a talan had been wonderful experience which he hadn't had before. His faithful companion barked to wake him up from his daydreaming. This would not be the last time he saw Lorien and so he wished with his whole heart and soul. White as snow she walked beside him with deep blue eyes aware of all her surroundings. On they walked with the Anduin to their left off to the south the Limlight and Fangorn Forrest.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I've found. I found it is the small things. Every day deeds by ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay." - Gandalf
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
"so tell me, what will I be doing in Mordor? " Iellwen asked. " You said I would be useful in Mordor, but last time I was there all they did was torture me. So what will be different now?" " I do not know," one said. That was not was she was looking for. " You are hiding something," He scoffed. " and what are you going to do about it," Iellwen was angry now. : Just tell me!" she said with gritted teeth. She thought that she either looked very intimidating or they had just recalled she was extremely more skilled with a bow and she was armed. " I know you will be working along side the other human," That was not satisfactory but she knew that this was all he knew. They walked back to the camp and she sat down by the fire. She pulled out her dagger and fingered it, for she had nothing else to do. it was beginning to get colder. She rubbed her hands together and looked at the sky. No stars were out tonight and dark clouds covered the moon. She thought it might rain. " Wonderful," she muttered.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
"I... I will go, if there is somewhere along the way where I can leave the mice. Somewhere they will be safe and looked after." Beri said nervously.

"I will also go." If only to protect my cousin, thought Meri.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel stood before the two young cousins. "Beri, I know not which path we will take to Mordor, but I am certain we will find a safe place for your dear little mice to await our return." Linriel turned her eyes to Meri. "It was your words that helped us arrive at our decision to bring Iellwen back from Mordor. Gather your weapons and begin to make ready. Help Beri find a weapon she is comfortable wielding."

"Adonnenniel and Adien, you must also gather your weapons and begin to make ready for the journey."

She walked over to Ella. "My dear friend, it seems the time has come for another journey to begin." Linriel put her hand on the lovely elf's shoulder. "I have followed wherever you have led. I so long to go with you to Erebor and see with my own eyes the beauty of which you have spoken. But it seems now our paths might take a different turn. What will you and Fili chose to do?"

Linriel knew the time had come to leave for Mordor. She stood silently next to Thurinlass.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella smiled to Adonnenniel, who gave her a handkerchief. When Thurinlass approached, even before he spoke, she regretted almost everything she said. He was in pain, too, and she needed to learn other people had their grieves and they were not the same. She took a deep breath but before she could apologize, he left.

"Iellwen is a child, and may well be lost if we do not bring her back.”

As Meri spoke, Ella woke up to reality. It was completely true and it was all she had said for the last hours. Her mind became full of thoughts of the girl and the entire journey they shared. She looked to Fili, who now was approaching her, trying to calm her down. She was so deep in her thoughts she didn’t answer anyone.

Linriel walked over her and put her hand in her shoulder. Ella smiled to her. She was afraid and that was the truth. Not afraid of dying, just afraid of not returning the ax to Erebor, afraid of not to see their bodies once again. However, that time, Linriel gave her hope.

“Thank you, my dear friend.” She whispered. Then, she walked to the others and said. “Iellwen is a child, as much as I am, which means she is.” She looked at her ax and held it tight in her hand. “However, I will not go to Mordor.” She looked at Fili who grabbed her other hand. “I mean, I will not go there, unless that is extremely necessary. I said to her once that I would always be there to bring her back, so I will bring her before she reaches there. She cannot be that far away. Let us head South, always by the edge of Fangorn.”

Along with Fili, she began packing her weapons and some food preparing her horse. Then, she went to Thurinlass and made a bow. “I am sorry. Truly, I am.”

[Edited on 01/13/2014 by Ella]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
"Help Beri find a weapon she is comfortable wielding."

Beri did not know what weapons she was comfortable with. She had tried a bow and arrow but the wood in her hands felt strange. The swords lying at the edge of their little clearing were too heavy, and she did not want to use an orcish weapon. She had two short daggers, but there were for cutting and slicing, not killing.

Eventually she found a spear with a broken shaft. It was a little too long for her, but she could trim the broken end, and the weight seemed better to her. The blade was small, and the spear was obviously meant for throwing rather than a hand-to-hand fight, but she turned the shaft and the head seemed to sparkle. It was probably just her imagination though. But of one thing she was sure. She would take no weapon but this. Her heart was set on it as firmly as it was set on protecting her friends.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass watched them all prepare. Ella was making her rounds to various people and everyone was buzzing about, getting ready to depart. Thurinlass was pleased to kne that Ella would go. She came and apologized with a bow. "It is forgiven. I am pleased you will come, your blade would have been badly missed." He bowed back.

Thurinlass the surveyed the scene once more, Beri had found a weapon, a spear nonetheless. Thurinlass approached Linriel, "I will be honest with you," he said, "I did not think you would accompany us. It is apparent to me that you are none too fond of Iellwen. I just wished to say that I am glad you will come with us, you presence will be..." Thurinlass searched for the right words for a moment, "A comfort." He finished.

[Edited on 01/15/2014 by Mr.Panda39]
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel packed her things up quickly, including the sword she had used earlier to practice. A dreadful excitement filled her. She wanted Iellwen back safely so badly, yet she could not know what they were going to face. She turned to Adien. "If there is anything you know that might help us, anything about Iellwen's past, anything she said about it to you, please tell us."
<< First2324252627Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email