Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2223242526Last >>
Author Topic:
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella noticed Thurinlass’ look towards her. She glanced back and nodded, understanding his thoughts. However, they needed to rest before they could leave. She looked at Linriel and Adonnenniel making tea. The elf nodded, as thanking them and then she turned to Thurinlass. “I have only heard the great elf tales when I was a child.” She began, lighting her smoking pipe. “Were you really there in the beginning of everything?” She didn’t doubted him anymore, she was just so curious and admired him so much she couldn’t stop herself from asking about it.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel handed Linriel several cups to pass around. "I'll be alright" she said, "I don't think she meant to reject anyone, even if that's what it feels like". She served the tea and sat down. She was also very curious about Thurinlass's past and wanted to hear what he would tell them.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel spoke to Adonnenniel before she went to sit down. "Please forgive me Meldanya. That girl is not my kin and I know her not. I only know what I see and hear. I hope you are able to bring the child happiness and find some of your own."

She looked at the small band of travelers gathered around the fire and wondered what path they will choose. Linriel sat down on a tree root, a little apart from the group.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass recived his tea with gratitude. He smiled at Ella, though she had broken his thought. "I was," he said to her, "I was there at the beginning, and through it all, right up to this very moment. Mine eyes have seen all the things of which you read as a child. All the good and all the bad I beheld. I was there when we first beheld the Two trees, and I was there when Darkness fell after their destruction. I was there when The Silmarils were created, and when our people shed Tears Unnumbered." He looked down and shuddered at that phrase, "IS there any tale you wish to hear told?" He asked.
The sky is afire with wroth, and the rivers are red with blood.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
The cousins had not drank tea before; they had always had to make do with water from some spring or river. They took only one cup between them. Meri took the first sip. The heat stung her lips, and it was startlingly strong for water with leaves in, but after the initial surprise, she found she liked the taste. Beri thought it tasted like the forest. The smell of the earth, the feel of the streams, the certainty of the trees, all found in one small cup. She wondered how anyone had ever thought of tea in the first place. What cause was there to place herbs into hot water?

Beri listened to Thurinlass's words. She loved the tales of old, of the days when the world was still changing. The creation of the elves, she thought, tell us about the place where elves first walked. Tell us what it looked like, tell us why the elves left, tell us how come no one can go back. She had heard the tale many times, but she knew that everyone tells it differently, tells of a different part of the story. You can never know everything.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel smiled as she watched the cousins drink tea for the first time.

She looked up as Thurinlass asked if anyone had a tale they would like to have told. She got up and moved closer to the fire.

She said to Thurinlass, "Herunya, there are tales unnumbered for you to tell. Will you start by telling us a story from the time of the awakening? I have long desired to hear a tale of Cuivienen." She bowed her head and then looked at him. "You are Firstborn. How was it when you awoke and first gazed upon the stars? Could you tell us of the wonder of beholding the works of Varda for the first time?" she asked him.

She looked up at the sky and it was clear and full of stars. Menelmacar was overhead and Wilwarin was to the North.

[Edited on 11/17/2013 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella listened to everything. She was willing to know more about her kin and, of course, the dwarves. She saw Linriel was also curious to hear about the beginning of everything. She waited some time then she said, not wanting to interrupt Linriel. “I would love to know more about Aulë and Durin, the Deathless. Did you meet them? I know the dwarves are just the “adopted children” of Eru yet, it is the only thing I know, beyond the great tales I heard in Erebor.”

She wanted to hear what Linriel asked first and then to hear about Durin. Fili lightned his smoking pipe wanting to know more about his line.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel could not help but laugh and say to Thurinlass, "It seems to me, Herunya, that all of us are eager to hear any story you might tell us."

To Ella she said, "Ella, any tale of the Dwarves will be wonderful to hear. I think we should all get ready for a wonderful evening of story telling." I hope Ella and I are friends for a long long time.

[Edited on 11/19/2013 by Lindarielwen]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
This is a post from Legolas23

Iellwen frowned, perplexed at what the Uruk said. She tried to shake the thought off but could not. "Human? Who?" she thought. She turned and faced the Uruks with her back. She tried to sleep but could not. The sun was gone and the cold was setting in. She missed sitting by the fire and listening to her friends tell tales or even just sleeping by something warm. She wanted to go back but knew she could not. The Uruks would try to catch her if she ran and she knew that the company would not want her. She felt a tear run down her cheek and she fell asleep. She awoke the next morning with pains in her back. She turned and went to the fire. Her weapons were there. She slipped on her quiver and buckled her sword to her waist. She looked at the Uruks and said, "Come on. I am ready."
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
I smile at the others and take a sip of tea. It is good to have companions, I had forgotten that. I have been alone for so many years, alone other than Isilmë that is. Linriel had asked for a tale of the beginning, The Awakening of our kind, and that is a good tale to tell. However, Ella also asked for a tale, she wished to know of the making of the Naugrim, and that was a request not often made, since Linriel agreed to this Thurinlass decided that would be the tale.

"Very well Ella," He said, "We will hear of the Naugrim and their making." Thurinlass took another sip of tea then began. "The Naugrim were first wrought by Aulë. They were made in dark and secrect for Aulë feared that the other Valar may condemn his actions. Aulë made his children not out of rebellion or malice towards Ilúvatar, but instead out of a loneliness he felt. He longed to have things to teach speach and craft, lives to teach and care for, he merely did not have the patience to wait for that which Ilúvatar had ordained to take place. So he forged them, small in stature, for he knew not what the Children of Ilúvatar looked like. He made them hardy and strong, unyielding to any foe, for Morgoth ruled yet over the earth. He made them and taught them the speech he had prepared for them. But Ilúvatar was aware of him the very same moment that Aulë finished his work. And so the voice of Eru came to Aulë and told him that what he had done was beyond his power and authority. Eru told Aulë that these creatures did not have wills of their own, but that Aulë's will is what controlled them. He asked Aulë if that is what he desired, lordship over these creatures. Aulë told Eru that he did not desire power or lordship, only things to love and teach, something apart from himself that he could care for. Aulë admitted his impatience and mistake. Aulë told Eru that he only desired to be as Eru. Aulë told him that all his deeds were done as a child who sought to be as his father, but avoid mockery and scorn. Aulë then in his great distress resigned to destroying his creation. He took up his great hammer and raised it above the Naugrim, weeping as he did. The Naugrim coward away from the hammer and begged for mercy. And when Eru saw all this he spoke again, staying Aulë's hand saying that these creatures were alive, for the recoiled from Aulë's hammer, and Eru say that they had voices of their own and he was moved by pity. Eru gave his blessing to the Naugrim of Aulë, and Aulë was thankful. But Eru spoke once more and bid Aulë to make the Naugrim sleep, for none may be permitted to awaken before the Elves, the Firstborn of Eru. And so where the first seven father of the Naugrim made. Thus is how the tale was recounted by Aulë to the Noldor, among whom I kept company." Thurinlass ended his tale with a smile, and another drink of tea. "Does that satisfy you Ella?" He asked.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella listened to every word Thurinlass was saying, nodding here and there while she followed the story delighted. Fili was also truly interested since he never heard that story told from someone who heard it from Aüle himself. At first, he felt angry with Eru yet he quickly understood why he was that way.

“I have heard stories about the creation of dwarves when I was a child. I was born in Mirkwood after all. It had always been my favorite one. However, there are some things I never understood. Some pieces I only could have guessed by crossing the elvish tales with the dwarvish ones. Now, I can truly know what happened. Thank you, Herunya.” She made a slight bow with her head.

Fili, though, wanted to know more about it. “Did you meet Durin himself? The first of the Seven Dwarven Fathers? What was he like”
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel loved listening to stories from long ago. Stories such as this were the bedtime tales her parents used to tell her. But this, this is a story told by one who was there!

I do not think I would ever grow tired of listening to the stories this noble Elf can tell.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel listened to Thurinlass tell his story. It seemed almost surreal that she was hearing a tale of old from one who was so close to it, who was lived when the dwarves awoke. His words shifted her perspective. He was there for the great tragedies of the first age, he witnessed the horror. What was her loss compared to this? How did one so great come to be among their company?

She watched him as he told his tale, wondering how he could be so strong to live through all these things and continue on. She had no request for a story herself, but she wanted to hear whatever he would tell.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass smiled at Ella, "It is a blessing and a curse to have lived as long as I." He said, "For you see all that was good and right with this world, and yet you see all that is dark and evil as well. Though I think it is more a blessing than a cures. For much like he memories of ones you love last longer than of those you hate, the memory of all that is good and holy, will forever outlast the memory of suffering." Thurinlass smiled, finished his tea then turned to Fili, "I did meet Durin, but only for a short while, and I did not know him for I found, and still find, the Naugrim to be a strange race; though I now find your kind more agreeable than I did then." He said with a chuckle.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel listened with delight as Thurinlass told his story about the Dwarves. Her parents always taught her to respect all races, Dwarves included, so learning about them was of great interest to her.

She wondered about the bothersome human child, Iellwen. She is smart and can take care of herself, at least for a while. Linriel still had not made up her mind if she would go to Mordor. She has been alone for a long time and so longed for peace in her life. She is weary of all the fighting and wandering.

Maybe I will go back to Lorien. My friends are all there and of course Lady Galadriel would be heartened if I return and settle down. I could make myself a home and who knows, someone there might stir my heart....Maybe Bildarion will.....No! No! That is over!

She looked at Thurinlass. But I would so miss his tales of long ago.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel admired Thurinlass's perspective. She longed for the day when her bad memories would fade and good ones consistently predominate her thoughts. Iellwen waged heavily on her mind. She wondered where she was and what had happened to her. She sensed that already she was in trouble of some kind. She tried to turn her thoughts to happier things, but it was not easy. She looked at. Adien, wondering if he had the same sense she did. He wanted to go after Iellwen so badly, but how could they find her without getting themselves captures as well? Adonnenniel did not even know enough about the area to try to make a plan. If they were going to do this, she and Adien would need a great deal of help.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella and Fili were amazed by hearing Thurinlass’ words. However, the dwarf felt somewhat offended with his consideration about his kin, though he was too enchanted with the previous tale to show it.

Ella was thinking about Kili and their son. It had been wonderful if they met that mighty elf. Now they were in the company of Durin himself, so they could hear those tales. She smiled at him and said “Thank you for sharing this precious tale and information, Herunya. You cannot even imagine how important it is to me and to my brother, Fili.” It was the second time she called him brother and the first in front of someone. He looked at her and smiled. It was clear he was happy with that statement.

“Have you ever been in the great halls of Erebor?” She asked. Then, Fili added “After we get that girl back, you shall have the greatest meal in those mighty halls.”

Suddenly, the decision of going to rescue Iellwen returned to everyone’s minds. Ella said to Thurinlass “I know I had not explain you this before, and if you want to hear more, I can tell you my story afterwards, since I am an elf after all. I am Ella, from Mirkwood, friend of the dwarves. My beloved was Kili II, King Under the Mountain, and he gave me my son, Frérin. They were, and they still are my life, even if they are not amongst us anymore. However, let us make everything we can for the girl. We cannot let her throw her life away, even if it was her choice. Let us help her, or at least try one last time.”

She looked at Adien, then to Adonnenniel and finally to Linriel, asking for approval of her friends.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
This is a post from Legolas23

Adien waited impatiently to see who would be accompaning Adonnenniel and him. Ella and Fili sounded sure but not quite. Linriel he was not expecting to go. The twins were unsure, or at least, that is what he gathered, and Thurinlass would not go. "That makes four members, possibly more." he thought.

Iellwen walked with the Uruks through the forest. She was tired, hungry and cold. She pulled her cloak tightly around her. She wondered how many more days it will be until they were in Mordor. She wondered who the other human was and how and why they were captured. "I will find out soon enough," she thought. She noticed her necklace was warm against her skin and she wondered why. She could not find another reason for it but that when she got closer to Mordor, the hotter the necklace would get. "Let's hope it does not burn a hole in me when we arrive," she thought.

[Edited on 11/28/2013 by Lindarielwen]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beri was not sure what she would choose. Meri would surely go, but for her the decision was made harder by the 'burden' of the mice, though few burdens could be so joyfully accepted. Should she go to Mordor and leave behind her charges, or turn back for Moria, perhaps lingering in Lorien?
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass eyed the group carefully. His gaze met each of theirs in the eye. He looked at them like this for a long while. He knew that all of them were pondering what to do next, and how to do it. "Aiden and Adonnenniel will go, What of you Ella and Fili, Linriel? And what say you, Meri and Beri?" He questioned, "It has come to it, the time to choose." He stood and seized his bow, "This is not a plea for consent or aid!" He said with a commanding voice, "This is a call to arms! This is a call to show Mordor it cannot have our young! It cannot take from us those we hold dear!" He said this part looking a Aiden, then his gaze turned to Linriel, and his voice lowered, "It cannot take anymore lives. I have seen the shadow and it's master," He voice picked once again, "And I would see the daughters of this world safe and at peace! I would see Iellwen snatched from t he Black Hand of Sauron! So I ask once more, who will answer the call?! Who will stand and fight!?" He cried this with the passion of a soldier.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel stood slowly, trembling. She was honored that Thurinlass would again help her save her niece but somewhat intimidated by his intensity. She gazed at him steadily, not sure what to do next, but follow. Thurinlass gave her confidence, but she did really expect to survive this mission.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
"I am no fighter," Meri answered, "And neither do I have the weapons or skills for a call to arms. But she was my friend, and if we do not stand by our friends, what do we stand for? However, this choice is not mine alone."
She looked at her cousin.
"I do not wish to go to Mordor." Beri spoke quietly. "I would rather look after my mice, and keep my other friends safe. What will happen if we bring back Iellwen, perhaps against her will? Will she strain to return? Perhaps she will find her peace of mind there, or perhaps will lose it? I cannot make my decision yet."
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella and Fili looked at Thurinlass seriously. She already thought about it and she already did answer that question, just before the mighty elf questioned them. The dwarf had already avenged his brother and his nephew, thought they still needed to go back to Erebor to bury the axe. However, his mind was set up since the moment Ella decided to go.

As Thurinlass stood up, they truly understood his honor and his strength. As he spoke and called them in a commander voice, Ella and Fili stood up, grabbing their weapons. “For my loved brother... What would I’ve become without him? Or maybe, what I wouldn’t become… It’s so unfair I get to know your son better than you sister.” He stopped for a while. “That girl will not have the same end.”

Ella smiled to Fili then her expression turned serious again. “For my son and my dear Kili, I will go. Dear Iellwen, with my bow and my beloved's axe, I will do everything I can to rescue you.” She whispered and raised Kili’s axe high and they both cried, answering his call: "Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!" [i] The axes of the dwarves! The dwarves are upon you![/i
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel shook her head as she stood up and looked at them all one by one.

"Ella and Fili, we have already fought together and Adien, I have seen you fight as well."

Her gaze turned to Meri and Beri. "The two cousins, so sweet and so innocent. Beri, your mice were very helpful in the last battle but Mordor will present different dangers. You still have time to decide yoru path. Meri, find a bow and some arrows. I will teach you to shoot."

Turning to Adonnenniel she said, "Our brave Frying Pan Warrior, it will take more than a frying pan when we get to Mordor. Are you willing to take up a blade? Find one on the ground and we will practice some swordplay."

Linriel just looked at Thurinlass and said nothing to him. She began to gather arrows from the ground.

[Edited on 12/06/2013 by Lindarielwen]
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
So it had come, thought Adonnenniel, the time when she too would take up a sword. She knew Linriel was right, it would take more than she could do to get to Mordor, and even if she learned to fight, she knew it wasn't possible to develop such a skill in this short amount of time. But she had to try, Iellwen was her only family, she couldn't live with herself if she didn't try.

She found a sword and approached Linriel slowly. She was nervous and it showed, but determined to do what she had to do. "Please teach me, Linriel, I do not wish to remain useless," she said. Even though she knew this was something she had to do, her mind battled an element of shame, feeling improper holding a sword. She was raised a lady, and ladies didn't do this in her community. The ideas associated with it scared her. Somehow, she had to overcome this for Iellwen.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel put her hand on Adonnenniel's shoulder. "Useless? Useless? You are a valuable member of this company! It is you who cared for us and nurtured us when we were weary. It was you who helped with our wounds and your kind words have been a comfort to us all! No, useless is something you are not, Adonnenniel."

Linriel looked at the sword in Adonnenniel's hand. "How does that sword feel as you hold it? Is is too heavy? I need 2 hands to wield mine. If that one does not speak to you, find one that does. Remember, you are not using it to kill. You are using it to protect and defend yourself and your friends and your family."

Linriel looked for a tree with low branches that seemed to be the most orc-like. "I like to slice off the heads of orcs. It is just my style of fighting and I also like stabbing them in the eyes and throat. Try slicing off some of these branches to get the feel of your sword in your hands," she said to Adonnenniel.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass returned Linriel's gaze, but his was a bit sharper, less looking at her, and more looking into her. Adonnenniel got for herself a sword and went to Linriel to be taught. Ella and Fili were quite ready to once again cut at the Hand of Sauron. Thurinlass however, began to weigh things in his mind. Among those skilled with a blade there was Ella, Fili, and Aiden. Then there was Adonnenniel and the twins, whom he was undecided about. On one hand, they were another hand, another blade, or rock thrown. They could cook and tend wounds and were such a joy. On the other hand, they were a joy, and they were so young. Thurinlass had seen all the war of this world, he had seen elflings not more than two hundred fifty hold a blade and stand against the Glamhoth. He shivered at the recollection.

Thurinlass approached Merilwen, "Merilwen," He called softly, "Might I have a word with you?" He waited to hear Merilwen's answer.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel swung at the branches over and over, trying to learn how the sword moved and responded. When she stopped there was a pile on the ground and her arms were burning. She had a long way to go and she knew it, this was not easy. She looked at the others, wondering what they must think of her. What did Thurinlass think of her? He was their leader on this mission, his opinion was very important to her.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel watched Adonnenniel with the sword and was so proud of her!

"Adonnenniel! For your first time with a blade, you are doing so well! I know your arms must be hurting but there will be no rest in Mordor. Take some rest now. Are you happy with that sword? I think you should also try a bow. Both weapons have different uses. Join us when I give Meri a few lessons." Linriel told her.

Linriel looked over at Thurinlass. He wanted to talk to Meri and seemed to be deep in thought. She remembered how he looked at her earlier. Like he knows what I am thinking.

[Edited on 12/08/2013 by Lindarielwen]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri smiled at Lindarielwen when she told her she would teach her to use a bow and arrows.

Thurinlass spoke to her, 'Might I have a word with you?'
"Yes..." she answered uncertainly. What did he want with her? Would he try to convince her to fight, or not to fight?
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Everyone was trying to get better with the fighting since they had few time to go to Mordor. Fili, though, was restless. A feeling there was something wrong in Erebor grew inside his heart. Ella felt his pain. She went to him, when he was smoking. “Do not fear. I am sure your father is safe, for now.”

Then, she went to Adonnenniel. She wanted to train his skill with an ax, since she was more used to her dagger and her bow. “My dear friend, I challenge you for a fight.” She glanced at her with a serious look in her eyes and with a defiant smile on the corner of her lips. “Bring to me all you have got.” She held the ax with a defensive pose, while she waited for Adonnenniel to attack her.

Fili stoped smoking and went to Adien. “Hey, laddie. How’re you feeling?”
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass knelt in front of Merilwen, a gentle yet somber look on his face, "I am not so sure you should accompany us on this journey. I know when I gave my call to arms I called on all of us, however I did that so we may save the young among us. You are young, you are free and full of joy, and I do not want to see Mordor taint that. I have seen Elves your age go to battle, and the ones that return are never the same. Perhaps you should go home, wherever that is for you I know not."

Thurinlass rose, "Consider it." He said, then he turned and walked nearer to Adonnenniel and Ella. Ella challenged Adonnenniel to a fight and Thurinlass chuckled, "Come on Adonnenniel!" He laughed, "Show her the might of your sword!" He smiled.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel looked at Ella, what?!?, she thought, how could I possibly... She stood there more a moment looking rather shocked, unsure how to respond. Then she hurt Thurinlass laugh, what did he mean by "the might of her sword"? it sounded sarcastic. She blushed, embarassed by the whole situation.

"I am sorry Ella," she said, approaching her meekly. "I am not ready for this. I do not know the moves yet." She looked at Linriel, quickly asking her for support. Saying "no" to an axe weilding experienced warrior was intimidating, even though she knew her. "I need to learn..." she trailed off. She glanced back at Thurinlass, was he disappointed in her now?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel quickly rushed to Adonnenniel's side. Putting her arm on Adonnenniel's shoulder she told the lovely maid, "We will practice some moves later and you have done very, very well so far."

Turning to Ella and Thurinlass, she smiled at them both. "Ah, so the two of you want some swordplay I see. Since both of you are such experienced warriors, I think you are the ones that should do battle and show us how it is done. Ella, your axe against the unique bow of Thurinlass would make for some fine fighting. Let us learn from both of you. Battle each other."

Fili, Adien, Meri, Beri, Adonnenniel and Linriel sat on the ground and waited to see what would happen.

wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh. So Thurinlass wished for her to remain behind.
As he walked away, Meri whispered, "We have no home."
She went to sit beside the others. She was looking at Adonnenniel but she was not hinking about the fight. Should she stay? Could she stay, while her friends were in danger? Where would she go? What about Beri? Should she stay behind? Yes, she thought. Beri should stay, and so should she. But would she, or would she plead to go with them? What did her cousin want? She seemed unsure of fighting, and she wanted to protect her mice, but did she really want to stay? And if Beri remained, would she gone on without her cousin?
<< First2223242526Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email