Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First910111213Last >>
Author Topic:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Blocks first attack, while awaiting the opportunity for a counterattack* You're good. *sees slight opening* *slashes with sword* All we need now is some epic music. Rhodil, would you put something on? LotR soundtrack, perhaps?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Of course! *scrambles down from the stands and almost falls into the swimming pool on the way to the stereo cabinet* Ah! Here it is! *inserts CD and skips to "Helm's Deep"*
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Tongue protrudes from my mouth in concentration* Thanks, Rhodi! *continues slashing and blocking*
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
*blocks* Hmm... you're better than I thought. *goes for a thrust*
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Tries to block, but misjudges slightly* *sword scrapes on my pillow vambrace* Rats. *lunges*
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
*Leaps back and parries* That was close. *holds sword to the front* *strikes, parries*
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
*suddenly wakes up* AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Swords! Help! *falls asleep again*
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Oh...maybe since these are pillow swords, they shouldn't be able to cut things. Just bounce off. That would make it more safe.

*Tries to poke Sir Alex with my blade, but has it knocked away* Aw man! *slash*
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Nope. These things are sharp! Remember your "experimental chops" at the pillow? Remember what happened to it?

*Continues crossing blades with Lady Mareth* I wonder if my armour can hold up against a blow...
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I know, I know...I'm sort of wishing I hadn't made that "experimental chop now..."...

*Grins at Sir Alexanda* It should. It is made of the same material as the blades. Besides, I made the armor and I wouldn't have challenged you to a duel if the armor would hold. *side steps a swing* *starts looking nervous* But...we're not actually battling to the death...right? We're just trying to knock the others sword out of there grasp? Or something?
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Haha. Something tells me you were trying to catch me off guard.

*Swings* *Mareth spins 'round, dodging the blow, and swung, bringing the end of her sword clashing at my side just below the breastplate* Argh! *drops to my knees, holding side*
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
*wakes up* Hey! You almost tripped over me! And I do not want to be impaled with one of those things... I think I'll just creep off to a quiet corner somewhere...
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Nearly drops sword in surprise* How did I do that?? *sees Sir Alex on the ground, holding his side* Oh no! Did I hurt you? *since his head is down, I cannot see the grin on his face* *kneels down next to him* *he jumps up and starts attacking me* *thus, you see, I am at a disadvantage because I'm still on the ground* Grrrrr...that was a very dirty trick, Sir. *parries and blocks as best I can from my position on the floor, whilst trying to get up*

[Edited on 03/15/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
[Awww.... you changed the 'plan', Mareth. :/ Oh well, I'll play along ]

Haha! *continues swinging* You are an honorable opponent, my Lady. *stops attacking and holds out hand toward Lady Mareth to help her to her feet* It is only fair that I return the honor. Would you trust me on this one?
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
come join me in the stands, wolfie! i still have some donuts up here.
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Ooh, donuts! Are they the chocolate sprinkle kind or the jam and icing suger kind? *runs up to stands, dodging between the fighters*
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
They can be whatever flavor you want, wolfie. Hurry before I eat them all!!
*licks donuty fingers while intently watching the duel below*
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
[Oops, sorry Alex. I didn't mean to mess you up...]

*Regards hand suspiciously, the gingerly accepts offer of help*
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
*Lifts Lady Mareth to her feet and returns to fighting stance* Now, your move.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Circles Sir Alex warily* *feints to his left, then goes for a quick slash to the right*
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
*Tries to block feint, then attempts to block slash clumsily but only managed to scrape the sword* *gets cut in upper arm* *mutters* blast *goes for a thrust at Mareth*
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Yey! chocolate sprinkles! And what's this in the middle? *takes an enormous bite* Ooh, caramel icing!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Nice avi, Alex.

*Is momentarily distracted by Wolfie's joyous outburst and misses Alex's thrust* *tries to leap back, but not quickly enough* *Sir Alex's sword leaves a large dent in the armor, leaving me gasping for breath* Humph. *clamps mouth shut to keep from yelling in pain, and continues trying to block Sir Alexanda's slashes*

Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
*Continues attacking* Are you okay, Mareth? *swings, parries, swings again* *withdraws for breath* Huff. How's this gonna end anyway? Huff.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I...just got...smashed in the side....and you ask... if I'm...okay? Does it look like it? *continues swinging, slashing, and parrying* It ends...whenever...you...like.
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
*Continues crossing blades with Lady Mareth* I have no...idea...when to end it. It's up to you...
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Well...truce? Maybe?...this has been....going on...a long...time. *keeps blocking*
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
*Lowers sword* Truce! *but I was a second too late, as Mareth had just swung a weary, blind blow at my helm* Crraaanngg!! *The force of the blow causes my helm to twist in an awkward shape so that it covers my eyes* ...err... *Holds up one finger, before crashing to the floor, without the energy to rise*
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
*bellows* MEDIC!!!! *rushes down and begins fanning Alex with a pillow fan* Are you alright????
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Would you like a donut? *wafts a donut under the nose of the fallen warrior*
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Stares in horror at blade, then at the prone figure of Sir Alex* *drops sword, and kneels beside Alex* *after much struggling, I finally managed to take his helmet off* *mutters to self* Oh great job, Mareth. Splendid. Knocking out Sir Alex as soon as he called truce. *glances around worriedly for medic* Rhodil, were's the medic? He should be here by now...*grabs first-aid book and attempts to figure out what to do*
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
*Tries to raise head, but still aching from the blow* *mutters* Ae Elbereth... am I bleeding?
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
*shreds a pillow into bandages and proceeds to swath Alex's head in cloth* Not anymore, you're not! Good thing I didn't have to whip out my CPR certification. You probably need some donuts to help speed your recovery. Wolfie! Any donuts left?
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
No worries! Just give me a few moments and I'll be up on my feet. Well, Lady Mareth has risen up as victor of this match. Congratulations, my lady! *starts to get up*
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Shakes head and gently pushes Sir Alex pack down* No, I did not win fairly. You called truce, but I didn't hear in time, so technically, I cheated, albeit accidentally. Nobody won. *picks up a box of donuts and gives on to Sir Alex*
<< First910111213Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email