Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Post Dragon Expediton (Eggspedition)
on: January 31, 2014 07:38
This is a continuation of the game known as Dragon Expedition. Somehow the game started up in the Green Dragon Inn where it did not belong. Belle kindly invited the group into the Prancing Pony forum. I have transferred the pertinent posts from the GDI to this thread.

A download of the original quest is now available: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p1e4k6fpylm3lkb/NxrUNGEqq2

[Edited on 03/11/2014 by tarcolan]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
*Walks in, stumbling under weight of baby dragon* Helloooo, everyone! We have returned from our journey...somehow. Does anyone have any food for my baby dragon?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Yaaay!! Welcome home!!!! *delivers sandwich to Bubbledragon and returns to coordinate a welcome home feast with Mr Hopevine* Break out the ale! These travelers are thirsty!!
Someone catch Gandolorin. He doesn't look like he's in any shape to be wandering around looking for Bilbo.
*sticks head back out of kitchen* umm, Maxie, what do dragons like to eat?
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"Welcome back to the Green Dragon, all of you! Where is Mareth? I hope the Noobs did not delay her. Come partake of some Bywater Blond generously provided by Erwedraith. He has a whole barrel he wants to share."

"Gandolorin, come back here! Have a pint!"

"Bubbledragon, it seems the Dragon Eggspedition is making it's way back one at a time. I hope they all return without incident."

"Yes, Rhodilwen, a great feast is in order to welcome back the Eggspedition. Let me help you and Mr. Hopvine make a splendid array of food."
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
*mumbles to himself* “Did I just hear pint?” *shakes head* “Waitaminute! I’ve heard that before – and quart, gallon, all that western stuff! Oh boy, am I ever too far west of The Shire!” *sigh* “But I can’t hear the sea either! Should have gotten my staff smart-jewel loaded up in Rivendell!!!”
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
"Did I hear that correctly Mr Hopevine free ale for the rest of the week?.
I went to Rivendell once but ended up getting kicked out"

*goes and gets another pint, trips over Gandolorin's staff but stops myself from falling buy grabing on to a nearby table*

"that was close, does anyone else want a pint?"

[Edited on 01/06/2014 by Lord_Sauron]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
*wolf gets to her feet and looks hopefully at the door, but Wolfie seems to be lagging behind with Blade and the sparkly lilac dragon egg*
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Falls through the ceiling, covered in mud and scratches, with bits of twigs in my hair* Oof! *sits up, rubbing head* Well, hi! *gets up the promptly falls down again* *mutters* Heavy pack I got here...*pulls strap up over my head and heaves sigh of relief* My, but its good to be back! Now, egg time! *rummages in pack* Lookie here, Bubbledragon! I got you an egg! Or somebody did anyone, and it's in my pack, so I assume I got it...*hands egg to her with a big silly grin on my face* And wherever Castorn's got to, I think Maxie has his egg. And I've got a few other extras in here, if any of you others would like one. *looks up suddenly, sniffing* *follows nose to kitchen where I espy Mr. Hopvine lifting a pan off the stove top* *glances in the pan at the brown liquid that looks suspiciously like...* Is that hot chocolate? *he nods* Like, real, honest to goodness, actual hot chocolate? *he nods again* *gasp* *in a small, quiet, reverent voice* Could I have some? *he nods yet again* *grabs a mug and he ladles some in it* Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!! *walks back out, careful not to spill any* Look! It's real hot cocoa! I haven't seen the like since...well, since I was here last. I don't even remember when we set out on this "mission...quest...thing." *everyone's looking at me like I just said that the sky was neon pink* What? *sips cocoa*

Now, how did we get here again? Oh yes. Merlin showed up and transported us back here, didn't he? Or was it Santa and his magic portholes? Or did we perhaps accidentally walk back? I can't remember. I wonder what's become of Wolfie...and where's Tarc? And Nary, and everyone? *casts a worried glance in Maxie's direction* We didn't leave them behind by accident, did we? *gets up and goes outside* *calls* Wolfie? Tarc? Nary? Where'd you people go? *shivers* *peeks under a stone* Nope, not there...*finally goes back in and stands in front of the fire to thaw out* I didn't see them...but perhaps they were hiding. For some reason. *brow creases in worry*

[Edited on 01/06/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"Mareth! Mareth! You have returned safely, thank goodness! How did you get back here so quickly? I see you have brought some eggs. Castorn has not been seen since you all left. I fear he has met with a bad end. May I bring you something to eat?"

Looks at empty mug.. "I need a refill!"
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I think my baby will eat whatever he can find, rhodil. He's hungry! *gets some bread and feeds it to dragon* We aren;t really sure how we got back ehre so fast. Perhaps some enchantment of the Elves. Last I remember, we were in the beautiful forests of Lothlorien. So, I decided to name my dragon Lorien becasue oif that! What do you think?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Bubbledragon
Council Member
Send Message
Good golly! You're all back! (almost) I'm so glad to see you safe and in one piece! *Looks at the dragon egg with eyes like saucers* Oooooh my... This is so much responsibility to take on! I will look after the dear creature as well as I can! I wonder what he or she will be like...
findemaxam48, I think Lorien is a wonderful name for your dragon!
*picks up the egg with a lot of care* Wow! It has the coolest colors! *The egg shines sweetly to the fire light and changes hues of green as it is angled in one way or another* *whispers*: so pretty...
*snaps out of her trance* Oh!! I wouldn't mind some hot chocolate too Mr.Hopvine!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, I can get something for myself, thank you Lindarielwen. *goes to kitchen* *comes back with two mugs of hot cocoa and a tray of sandwiches* Yes, perhaps it was the Elves. And that's a good name, Maixe. *hands Bubbledragon a mug of hot cocoa* I some more sandwiches, if anyone would like some. *munches*

[Edited on 01/07/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"Mareth, where is Eruwestiel? I have looked under the tables but cannot find her. And what of Blaze? Is he outside? Are all of you here?"

refills mug from the barrel of Bywater Blond that Erwedraith so generoulsy offered to all of us.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
She can't get on a whole lot...she has lots of school because she's graduating in May and she's trying to finish up. Perhaps I could ask her to drop in sometime. Yes, Blaze is outside, but...*glances at Mr. Hopvine uncertainly and he nods* *mutters* Seems like that's his favorite thing to do. Anyway, I'm going to bring Blaze in here because it's so cold out. *goes out* *returns a few minutes later with him* *strokes his nose and he makes a purring sound* I don't know what's happened to Wolfie, Nary, and the others. I think after we rest a bit I may fly around on Blaze to see if we can spot them. *fills giant mug with hot cocoa and sets it down for Blaze to drink*

[Edited on 01/08/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
*the wolf whines and scrapes at the door, and when it is opened for her, a sparkly lilac egg is revealed, with a note on top. The note says:

Dear all at the Green Dragon,

I have decided to wander the woods with Blade for a while. Perhaps I will come back soon, perhaps not. Anyways, here is a baby dragon egg for Lindarielwen, if she wants or, or anyone else if she does not.

Wolfie
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Pats the wolf, then picks up egg and note* Oh! *sheds some tears, then passes the egg and note to Lindarielwen* I wonder if she'd mind if I visited her with a thermos of hot cocoa and some cookies...
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
*Stops up short* “Hey! Where IS my staff, anyway??? If I’m going to visit that Dwarf Thorin … Thorin … Pinecone or something like that? Anyway, if I’m going to visit him after Bilbo, I have to find my staff first." *sits down on a tree stump* *mumbles to himself “oh Eru, I need an aspirin”* “Wait! Headache! Now how did I get that?”

[Edited on 01/08/2014 by Gandolorin]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I think that you could use some Bywater Blond, Gandolorin.

*sighs* It's so nice to be back, however it is sad that Wolfie will not be joining us for a time.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
*touches lump on forehead* “Ow! Low door beam? Going in somewhere … in … INN! Hmmm – Grey Dungeon Inn? Nah – but GD something …” *looks around* “Oh, there’s a house over there.” *shuffles over to the “house”, remembers to duck head this time, looks in the door* “Hi everyone! Ahem – did anyone notice a long, gnarled, stout stick with a crystal thingy at the top around here?”
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Is this what you're looking for, Gandolorin? *holds up staff* I kept tripping over it in the kitchen. *lays out variety of food on counter* help yourself, weary travelers. Pity Wolfie won't be back. =( But what a very pretty egg, Lind!! When do you think it will hatch?
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Holds the egg gently in her arms and rocks it. The egg sparkles with many different colours.

"Well, it seems I now have a dragon egg. I must take great care of it since Wolfie has entrusted it to me." . fashions a sort of sling to hold the egg in order to keep her hands free.

"I really know nothing about hatching a dragon egg. I will keep it warm and hope for the best."

"Rhodilwen, what news of your book?"

The Inn is getting a bit noisy and crowded. People are gathering and laughing. All is well.

[Edited on 01/09/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
"Lets have a look at that staff and see what I can do with it" *takes the staff and stands infront of Gandolorin smiling*
"You can not stay! I am the servant of Morgoth, wielder of the flame of Utumno, the Dark fires will avail me, servant of Manwe. Go back to Valinor! You Shall not stay!"
*Bangs the staff on the ground and a flash of light brightens up the Green Dragon Inn and when it fades Gandolorin is nowhere to be seen*

"I do believe that he will return eventually but in the meantime back to my pint I go"

[Edited on 01/09/2014 by Lord_Sauron]

[Edited on 02/01/2014 by Evil~Shieldmaiden]
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Now what did you do that for, Lord S? *helps self to Rhodi's delicious food* Yum, this is splendiferous!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
All we did with are eggs, Lindarielwen, was to make sure that they didn't break. I sincerely hope we didn't draw Mommy Dragon all the way here.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie...we got our eggs from a different cave where there were abandoned eggs, remember? At least...I think we did.

Yes, just keep it warm and make sure it doesn't break. It's not too difficult.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
"I didn't do anything it was the staff that sent him away, all I did was put some words together.
I have an idea! let me see if I can use Gandolorin's staff to make Lindarielwen's egg hatch a giant spider instead of a dragon"
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Am I allowed to giggle at that, Lord S?

Lind- my book is printed and I'm just waiting on my publisher to give me a release date. I have a facebook page, if any of y'all do facebook. You can get more updates from me through there. The Rise Of Aredor

*Assembles a plate of food and gets a refill from the kindly Mr. Hopvine* He does an excellent job with this bywater blonde.

I've changed the link 'cos it didn't work.

[Edited on 01/11/2014 by tarcolan]
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
*I look at rhodilwen who is trying not to laugh at my idea of using Gandolorin's staff to make Lindarielwen's egg hatch a spider instead of a Dragon*
"Go ahead and giggle, am I the only one here who thinks spiders are misunderstood creatures and yes even those giant ones which you could use as faithful steeds to ride up the walls of your enemies"

*I look around the Green Dragon*
"Now where is Lindarielwen and her egg hiding"

[Edited on 01/13/2014 by Lord_Sauron]
Bubbledragon
Council Member
Send Message
I like spiders, yes. But I wouldn't want to switch my poor dragon to a spider.
*Hides her egg under her cloak*
*looks at her mug* Oh! I'm out of hot chocolate... Mr.Hopvine? May I have some more please?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I went outside with my *dragon* egg. I held it close and spoke to it but in truth, I never wanted a dragon egg. I did not approve of the Eggspedition in the first place and never asked for an egg to be brought to me. Well, I will still take care of it until it hatches and then I will decide what to do with it.

I need another pint
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Mr. Hopvine comes out of the kitchen with a pot of hot cocoa and pours some for Bubbledragon* May I have some more too, please? *he pours some for me as well*

What's this I hear about turning dragons into spiders? *shakes head* Pure nonsense, that. I like dragons better than spiders.

Lindarielwen, if you don't want a dragon egg, you needn't keep it. I'm sure we can find someone else who wants it.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
If a dragon egg is unwanted, I'll take it! *whispers nervously* so much responsibility!
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
*wolf stands in the doorway and whines, then re-enters the inn, her tail drooping*
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Wolf! What's wrong?

*Lorien my baby dragon suddenly sits up the best a dragon can sit up, spreads his wings, and begins to fly around the room*

Nooooo! Come back!
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Aww! Wolf, what's wrong? *pets wolf and gives a dish of water*

Can we use this net to catch him, maxie? *stands on a chair with net and waits for the little dragon to fly in my vicinity*

12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email