Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
"Lord_Sauron, I have met Tom often enough. He IS master, but feels no need to lord it over others. And when he finds Old Man Willow or the Barrow-wights trying to lord it over others, he puts them in their place. Now he does not go out of his way looking for such as these all over Middle Earth, but when those who would lord it over others come to the land he feels at home in, his welcome is unusually cool. And if he senses bad intents, there is no welcome at all."
*looks at ES* "I do not need to hear the sounds to know the words, milady. You are thinking of a different kind of weed, this one clears the mind wonderfully, at least it does so for me."
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Says to Blaze* I'm absolutely roasting in here. You want to go outside for a little bit? *he nods and we walk out*
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
*Mr Squiggle I mean Mr Hopvine walks over to the corner table looks at me and says trying not to laugh* "Did you fall off your chair" "No I just thought that if I sat on the floor, I would be able get a Hobbits perspective on things that are around me. of course I fell off the chair". *Mr Hopvine tidies up the mess that was made and goes back into the kitchen. I get up off the floor and sit back on my chair pick up my pint*
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
*wolf squeals when Amethysia tries to fly, and barricades herself behind some fallen tables. She then wanders over to the evil bit of the room and sniffs curiously at E~S's feet*
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
*looks down and spots dragonlet* "Here wee one. Aren't you just the prettiest girl? Such a beautiful colour." *drops a couple of tidbits onto the floor which are consumed post haste* "I'll just bet you'd like to make a new friend, wouldn't you?" *picks up dragonlet and sits her on her lap* "Now who's the happy girl? Isn't she the sweetest thing, L_S?" *glances slyly at him*
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Erwedraith and Lindarielwen were glad to be out of the Inn and into the fresh air with Amethysia. The little dragon flapped her wings and breathed a little more smoke. She stayed in Lindarielwen's arms.

Lindarielwen spoke in a soft voice to Amethysia. "You must not fly so close to strangers, little one. Not all are friendly and some would mean to cause you harm." Amethysia looked up at her Dragonmommy.

Erwedraith talked quietly to the baby dragon. "You must start your training soon Amethysia. We will go deep into the forest, away from prying eyes." He looked at Lindarielwen and she nodded. Amethysia puffed smoke at her Dragondaddy.

"Someone at the Inn is not paying attention to their baby dragon. Did you see how it took food from E~S and then sit on her lap? Our girl will be taught differently." said Lindarielwen. Erwedraith stood close to them and together they started down the forest path.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
The door is slammed open very forcefully, then swings back forcefully and hits the person trying to enter in the face. With her hand pressed to her slightly bashed nose and her head hidden by a hood, she stalked across the room, right up to E~S.

"I would appreciate my dragon back, thanks." she said quietly but coldly.

Her eyes glittered in the shadows given off by her headgear. One hand was on the hilt of the dagger in her belt. She was fairly tall, but not overly so. The hood was a part of a long grey cloak, and she wore a brown tunic and faded leggins. On her feet she had light shoes, good for moving quickly and quietly.

The dragonlet squirmed in E~S's arms, and agitatedly fluttered her trapped wings.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
"Well look what we have here ES it seems someone wants their little Dragon back, perhaps if she didn't abandon it in the first place it wouldn't be here with us now would it" *I look up at this new visitor and ask* "Tell me who are you? and where do you come from?"
*I take out my pipe and begin to smoke*

[Edited on 01/26/2014 by Lord_Sauron]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
"My name is unimportant. I have been wandering the woods and the open lands from across the mountains, in the east. I came to this inn because my dragon, er..." she began to sound flustered, and was losing her composure.
"My dragon wanted a pint, so here we are. I do not know why she went to you two of all people, but you don't seem to have poisoned her, so I won't take action against you."

She sat down at the table next to them.
"What about you? Who are you, and why are you here? I presume they are not your companion?" she turned in the direction of the others.

*the wolf started to crawl out of her corner towards the newcomers, but then was motioned back by a tiny flick of the hooded girl's wrist, as if she was brushing dirt off her leggings*
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
"No we are not their companions, although their presence neither offends nor hurts us." *looks a small dragon still sleeping on lap* "Isn't it a wee bit young to be drinking pints of anything? Besides dragons are the ultimate carnivores, so I don't see how they get any nutritional benefit out of ale, or mead." *glares at young woman sitting across from her* "You have more to be concerned about than whether or not I'm trying to steal your dragon. The Queen is on the warpath over the thieving and ABANDONING of her eggs and hatchlings. May I assume this is one of the few survivors of the brood?" *nods down at still sleeping small dragon* "She's informed the sire of the brood who's a 'friend' of my companion here *nods toward L_S* and he's hanging about close by awaiting her arrival."

*covertly glances around the pub* "Things should heat up, pardon the pun, very nicely when they arrive. Be off, young lady! I have nothing more to say to you!" *waves her away*

Edited later in the day to take into account Mareth's subsequent post.

[Edited on 01/26/2014 by Evil~Shieldmaiden]
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I don't mean to sound nasty (though I must admit I am a bit annoyed) but as I have already stated, the eggs taken by those on the Dragon Eggspedition were abandoned. We did not steal them. Sorry, but it's getting on my nerves...

*Glances at stranger* Hmm...wonder what she's doing here? She reminds me of somebody. Maybe I'll get a chance to speak with her later on. *scratches behind Blaze's ear again, then goes off for a refill of hot cocoa* *said softly over shoulder to Blaze so only he can hear* Keep an eye on her for me, please.

~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Sorry, but I forgot the eggs had been abandoned. My post has been modified to reflect that fact.
Erwedraith
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen and Erwedraith continued their trip into the forest. Amethysia seemed renewed with everything she was taking in. This was the perfect place to develop her senses with everything that was around them. She lifted her head in excitment and felt the breeze touch her scales. Soon she would be the master of the skies!

As they walked Lindarielwen and Erwedraith looked at each other and with no words they knew what was missing. Erwedraith took of his pack and took of running to the Inn. Amethysia got tense for a second thinking something was wrong but Lindarielwen calmed her with her conforting words.

"Nothing to worry about, little one. We just forgot something."
And with that she relax back into her dragonmommy.

After a good bit of running the Inn loomed into sight. Before going in he stopped to catch his breath. After a few minutes he stepped into the Inn.

"Ah Mr.Hopvine, we forgot something. We couldn't leave with a barrel of Bywater Blond. I will take one please if you don't mind!"

Going into the kitchen Mr. Hopvine grabs a barrel and give it to Erwedraith.

"I assure you that we will bring the barrel back. See you all around in some time."

And with that he put the barrel on his shoulder and tried to jog his way back to the spot where Lindarielwen and Amethysia were.

"Okay...got what we forgot but let me breath for a second. That was quite heavy, especially with the jogging. After recovering his breath Lets walk a some more until we find a good place to rest for a bit and then we could have serve same ale to celebrate this day!"

With that they continued with more weight but with the best ale of the Green Dragon for later on in the day.

"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I've found. I found it is the small things. Every day deeds by ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay." - Gandalf
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
*A man enters the Green Dragon Inn, walks up to LS and whispers* "Just letting you know Sir that the men and Orcs have set up camp on the outskirts of the Shire. We can see Farmer Maggots Farm in the distance. Well anyway Sir we are hungry see and I thought maybe with your permission we could take some of Mr Maggots livestock and vegetables" *I look around the Inn and smile* "Hey ES is that Farmer Maggot over there with his wife" *I point towards the other side of the Inn. ES looks and nods* "Yes LS that's him alright, why do you ask?" *I turn back to the Man* "Take some of your men and pillage his farm but do it quietly, I will not be made responsible if you all get caught. After you have taken everything, pour this liquid on to his field it may not seem as much but it will spread like wildfire and destroy the earth so nothing will ever grow on it" *I hand the man a bottle of black liquid. the man leaves*
"What is that liquid LS and where did you get it from?" *ES asked* "It came from Mordor ES" *ES went back to her food while I got up and went to the bar to order a pint and more food*
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
*calmly gets up and sidles out after the strange man*
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks much, E~S.

*Returns to Blaze's side with a steaming mug of cocoa in each hand, but one is noticeably larger than the other* *Blaze looks up at my approach, and he looks questioningly at the big mug* Thought you might like some too. *sets huge mug down for him, then sips at own mug* Any updates on the girl? *he shakes his head, slinging hot cocoa on me* Flapdoodle. You might try saying "yes" or at least waiting until you are finished drinking to shake your head. *he shrugs apologetically, but continues to drink* Humph. *wipes cocoa off front of leather jerkin with Blaze's tail*

[Edited on 01/27/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
This is post 9000!

Lindarielwen smiled as she saw Erwedraith returning with a barrel of Green Dragon's finest ale. As they walked deeper into the forest they both laughed as they watched Amethysia playing amongst the leaves.

"It is time for Amethysia to have a taste of meat," she said to Erwedraith. Lindarielwen gathered her bow and a few arrows and called to Amethysia, "Come, little one, we will go find a rabbit." To Erwedraith she said, "Could you prepare a small fire pit? I will return with a rabbit and we shall have a fine meal."

Amethysia followed Lindarielwen deeper into the woods. It wasn't long before a rabbit scurried into the open. Lindarielwen took careful aim and brought the rabbit down. Amethysia puffed a bit of smoke. "Let us get back to Dragondaddy and you will taste meat for the first time."

When they got back to camp, Erwedraith had prepared a small fire pit lined with branches and dried leaves. Lindarielwen put the rabbit down and smiled as she said to Amethysia, "Light a small fire if you will." The baby dragon breathed a small burst of fire and the branches and leaves quickly ignited. "Good girl," said Erwedraith proudly.

Lindarielwen prepared the rabbit for roasting and soon the aroma of cooking meat filled the air. Amethysia puffed some smoke and Erwedraith poured Lindarielwen and himself a pint of ale. "Life is good," he said.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Michael, you are most welcome to join the fun at the Green Dragon Inn. There are a wide array of beverages and the cook has created a wonderful menu. Enjoy!

*looks at L_S and speaks quietly to him* "Did you just see those two take out a barrel of ale? Perhaps it would be a good time to follow them and see exactly how much ale they will consume this fine evening. If they end up on the tiles, so to speak, we may have the opportunity to grab that lovely little dragonlet." *laughs* "Look! Blaze just blew cocoa all over his companion!" *laughs again* "Let's go."

*dumps dragon curled up on lap unceremoniously onto the floor as they get up and leave the Inn, making sure they're not being followed* "Have Guruthos keep an eye overhead. I don't want to be caught off guard."
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
The girl looked around, taking in the whole inn, then, at a leisurely pace, strolled over to E~S, and blew gently on the dragon's snout to wake her. The sleepy dragon coughed slightly, singeing E~S's clothes and allowing her to fly away unhindered.

She went over to sit near enough to the other group of people to be able to hear their conversations, but not seem intrusive. Instead of sitting down, she leaned against the wall beside a grubby window. The dragonlet seemed to be paying special attention to the other dragon. She seemed to want to be with her kind, but the girl spoke a few words and she consented to remain where she was. The girl brought a blackened ball of twine out of her pocket and threw in the air, not too far away.

The young dragon caught the ball a few times, then missed, and it rolled close by the other dragon. She hung her head apologetically, but the girl just folded her arms as if to say 'I know your tricks'.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Glares after E~S* That was not funny. *Blaze gives a dragon chuckles, and I turn my glare on him* The behavior of dragons these days! Laughing at their masters! Shameful. *glances down at jerkin* Oh whatever. I'll just change it later. *turns attention back to the mysterious girl* *muttering to self* I wonder what she'd do if I went over to her?
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
"Ok ES lets leave this pub for a while and see what those other two are doing. I will try and contact Guruthos when we are a fair distance from this place I don't want that wizard over there" *I nod towards Gandolorin and I continue to talk* "to come out all fires blazing so to speak and kill my Dragon. I didn't tell you that on our way here, we were followed by a couple of those nosey Eagles, lets just say they followed us no more. Guruthos had enough food to last him for a while. long story short he dropped me off near Rohan where I took a horse and road here. Anyway getting back to following those two if I remember correctly there is a big clearing in the woods. which would be a good place to set up camp perhaps they are headed there. Only one way to find out lets go"
*LS and ES leave the Green Dragon Inn*

[Edited on 01/30/2014 by Lord_Sauron]
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Arveleg swigged down the last of his Bywater Blonde, and standing up, he headed for the door.

"Was nice to have the rest, but I must be off to the Weather Hills. I understand there is some trouble coming out of Rhuadur."

He stepped out and the door closed behind him.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
The girl, her face still hidden by the hood, turned towards the little dragon, and tapped her foot expectantly. The dragonlet padded over to the older dragon, picked up the ball of twine by his foot, and returned to the girl.

"Don't worry," the girl muttered. "You are my friend, I am not your master."
The comment was directed at the companion of the other dragon. It was meant as a cutting remark, but was also an opening for conversation. She decided to take the risk of being recognised, if it meant she did not have to be unsociable.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*staggers in* "By the Valar! I had no end of trouble finding this place! Apparently we're no longer welcome in the Green Dragon Inn. I wonder what mischief got us tossed out of there." *looks around at the welcoming decor, and sniffs appreciatively at the welcoming aromas wafting in from the kitchen* "Very nice. Very nice indeed." *Mr. Hopvine arrives and he orders a pint of Bywater Blonde and a bowl of stew.*
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
*wakes up from his deep thoughts ah his pipe goes out* "Where do i have my pipeweed pouch ... huh?" *looks around quickly and recognises the Prancing Pony* "*groan* teleported myself absentmindedly again!!" *fiddles around with his staff's crystal while lowly murmuring some unintelligible words* "It's back to the Green Dragon Inn for me, I have business in Hobbiton!" *disappears in a flash*.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
"Well that is interesting one minute I am opening the door to exit the Green Dragon and then all of a sudden I am in the Prancing Pony. I bet that Wizard did this with his Staff" *Looks around the Prancing Pony and sees that the Wizard is not here, walks over to the bar and gets a pint from Barliman Butterbur*
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen smiled at Erwedraith as she finished her pint. She got up and removed the cooked rabbit from the fire pit. To Erwedraith she said, "Here, you should be the one to feed Amethysia her first taste of meat." Amethysia stood close to Erwedraith and Lindarielwen as she sniffed the meat. Erwedraith laughed and said, "Here, little one, give this a try." He pulled the rabbit apart and offered Amethysia half of it. She sniffed it again and made a low roar. Amethysia took the meat and scampered off. Lindarielwen and Erwedraith laughed as they watched the little dragon devour the meat. Amethysia gave a bigger puff of smoke than she usually did.

Suddenly Lindarielwen felt a chill wind in the air. She looked up and said, "Herunya, we must leave this place. Now. I will secure horses for us. Make ready." Lindarielwen ran off.

Erwedraith trusted what Lindarielwen said and he began to gather their things. He knew they could not take the barrel of ale with them but he did fill two wine skins full of the potent beverage.

He looked at Amethysia and saw her jumping up and down and flapping her little wings. She did this over and over. Erwedraith watched her for a while before he realized what she was doing. "She is amazing," Erwedraith said aloud. Smiling, he went to her and put his arm over the baby dragon's back.

Amethysia stopped jumping and they both stood still and listened.

[Edited on 02/04/2014 by Lindarielwen]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
*Maxie wakes up from nap* Goodness! What have I missed?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*Mr. Hopvine comes trudging in the door and calls out to Barliman* "Can you use an experienced barman?" *Barliman, who's rushed off his feet says* "You bet I can! When can you start?" "Right away!" replies Mr. Hopvine. "Well, come along then and I'll get you an apron and you can get started!" *Barliman trundles into the backroom followed by Mr. Hopvine*
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Steps closer to the cloaked girl* I am assuming you'd rather not have everyone here know who you are...*wispered* Wolfie. *in normal voice* Would you like to walk around a bit? Or would you like something to eat? I'll treat.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
*Staggers in tired and bedraggled lugging a big chest* Hey! Hey! Charming! Thanks a bundle. I've been carrying this thing around for miles. What happened to you lot? I went to the GD and you weren't there. They said Mr. Hopvine sold it and now it's a coffee house. They said he's got a mind to take over this place and...oh, hello Mr Butterbur. How are you? A pint of bitter please. Any food on? *Butterbur points at a blackboard* Oh right. Ummm...I think I'll have the poached quail eggs reclining on a futon of chard served with a duvet of kohlrabi and a fluster of persimmon sauce. With fries. Got a new chef?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
"Yep a new feller by the name of Hopvine came in a while back and asked for a job. The Pony ain't been known for its grub, but he said he's a fair cook, and the geezers seem to like it." *wanders off toward the bar* A pint, did you say? Bywater Blonde: that's a best seller that is. How about trying a new beer? Mirkwood Dark is a new ale produced by an micro-brewery run by some Dwarves. It's surprisingly tasty with a distinct oaken flavour and scent. Must be the barrels they're using to ship it. Unfortunately, it has a tendency to cause extreme sleepiness after a couple pints." *calls out food order while awaiting patron's decision*
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
*I Look over and see tarcolan carrying the chest across the room to a vacant table, so I walk over very casually*
"I will pay for this mans food and drink Mr Butterbur" *Mr Butterbur nods and goes to take orders from other customers, I ask a very innocent question and as I do ES looks up from her table* "So tell me friend, what have you got in that chest?"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen ran through the woods, looking for a farmhouse. She knew she must get horses and get back to Erwedraith and Amethysia as fast as she can. She came across a farmer in a field and quickly told him what she needed. He was happy to help her because he took great delight in the shiny pieces of gold she offered him in payment.

Riding one horse and leading the other, Lindarielwen started her journey back. She also bought several wine skins from the farmer so they might take some of the Bywater Blond with them. That brought a smile to her face.

She looked to the sky and wondered if the two strangers would be coming after them. Anger surged through her and she urged the horses into a gallop.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*watches L_S approach the newcomer* I wonder if he can ferret out what's in the chest. It looks mighty interesting. *calls Butterbur over* I'll have a pint of that new dark ale and a plate of braised beef ribs and roasted potatoes. What's the vegetable this evening?" "Mashed turnips and carrots, and fresh green peas." "I'll have those as well." *sits back and waits for the stranger to answer L_S's question*

*door opens causing a flicker of a thought to pass* I wonder where those two are with that lovely little dragonlet?
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email