Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678Last >>
Author Topic:
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
*jolts awake and looks around to see if anyone noticed her nodding off* I think it's okay, no one saw, my beautiful little dragon. Now where did Mareth go?

*wolf trots over from the corner and tugs on her sleeve* All right, all right, I'm coming. So who are you then? You seem kinda familiar... *walks out of door and sees hoof prints in the mud* I guess she went riding, then. Well, I'm off. I've stayed too long already. *wolf whines and paws at the ground* You can come too, if you want. But I'm going, and that's that. I just need to find a nice big tree to sleep in...

[Edited on 02/19/2014 by wolfbladequeen]
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Since I'm not sure, I must inquire: L_S and E~S, are you guys in the forest, or somewhere else? Sorry...
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
We were near the Forest when we stopped, had our argument and cooked dinner

*After they awoke the next morning LS and ES with out talking to each other, they both packed up their camp and hopped on their horses and rode. neither of them wanted to talk about that argument they had the night before. They did not stop for any breaks until finally they were at the Forests edge.* "I have been thinking ES that perhaps I should continue into the Forest and head North towards the space where the two Elves are heading to train their Dragonlet. If I recall the space isn't big enough for either the Queen or Guruthos to land so I will need to continue on horse back" "Ok that is fine with me LS, I will head along the Forest Edge and enter through the East Gate. It will however take me longer to ride. May be it will be best if I could ride Queen Dragon. I am sure Guruthos is a great Dragon to ride but he is yours and I think he may not like me on his back." "Tell me then how are you going to ask the Queen for a ride?" "I thought may be you could get Guruthos to ask the Queen if I could ride her. but if you are scared then don't worry about it" "Alright I will ask him, Guruthos come down hear" *Guruthos who was having to much fun flying around came straight down and landed near LS* "Guruthos my companion here would like to ride the Queen, it has been her wish for a long while now. Seeing that the Queen will listen to you, could you please ask her" "Ok I will go and ask her but" *Guruthos turns to ES and continues* "Do not blame me if she says no" "Thank you Guruthos" *ES replies as Guruthos takes off to find the Queen* "LS you go ahead into the Forest and I will wait here for the Queen, I have a good feeling that I will finally ride her"
*LS rides into the Forest*

Mareth I just entered the Forest E~S is still at its edge waiting for the Queens reply

[Edited on 02/20/2014 by Lord_Sauron]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Don't look at me like that! They don't need me around, they seemed to be having a great time. Of course they don't need my help! It's not like they're in trouble or anything, the journey is over! Oh come one, you have to admit that's good reasoning. No? Well Blade agrees with me, and so does this lovely wolf here! *glances at dragie and wolf and then back to the tree* I'm NOT going back. Why do you have to be so grumpy anyways? Here I was just wanting a nice tree to fall asleep in, and here you are... glaring at me! There's no way you are convincing me...

*wolf and dragon look at each other and roll their eyes*
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
*having ridden a goodly portion around the forest's edge, ES feels a mental push and stops, dismounting and hiding her horse in the dense foliage of the forest* Good day, my Queen! I hope you are well." *flushes and shuffles nervously from foot to foot, as she lands* My word, you are definitely larger than I expected! *the Queen lowers and turns her head so she can see the one who addresses her* Enough with the pleasantries! Guruthos says you wish to speak to me. Something about riding me .... *ES shivers with apprehension* Er, yes. I, er, would like to offer my services in the search for those who stole and abandoned your eggs. *snort and puff of smoke* I seem to be doing fine without your help. I can see them in the forest from above. *shuffles and inches slightly closer* Yes, but how will you actually capture them? Lord Sauron wants them alive. *the Queen's eye narrows speculatively* Alive? Well, that poses two problems: do I care if they are captured alive? and, more importantly, do I care what Sauron wants? I will have to think on this matter, small one. *launches herself into the air* Well, I'm still alive, which I guess is a good thing ... *ES mutters to herself as she watches the dragon gain height*
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Returns to camp where Tarc has just put some stew on* Didn't see much. I heard some rustling, but when I went to the spot where it had come from, I didn't see anything. *sits down by the fire*
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
E~S still hasn't got it has she, Mareth? The eggs were abandoned by mummy dragon not us. I refer you to the DE thread page 15. Or maybe she didn't abandon them. Oh dear.

Let's see. *takes things from saddlebag* Cheese, dried beef, little spinach and ricotta pasties, salad rocket and burnett, tomatoes, raw mushrooms, walnuts, pine nuts and some guacamole. Mr Hopvine certainly makes a good picnic basket. Ooh! And lemonade. Should I wait for Mareth to get back? Yes...no. *tucks in to pasties and salad*
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
We started taking Mummy's eggs, but she got mad...so we left. Than we found another cave where there were some abandoned eggs, and so we helped ourselves. So I don't know where these stolen eggs came from...oh well. Maybe we'll get this figured out.

*Sneaks up behind Tarc* How dare you start without me! *laughs at his surprised expression* Did you leave any thing for me to eat?

[Edited on 02/21/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Erwedraith and Lindarielwen noticed a menacing shadow on the ground which came from above. Onward the horses galloped, Celeg and Amberon snorting, but staying steady on the road. The two Elves heard the buzzing of the Noobs, loud buzzing. Erwedraith looked up and saw that the Noobs were turning the deep red colour that signified the tiny creatures were angry and were preparing to attack the danger overhead. Lindarielwen and Erwedraith both knew they were approaching Rivendell and would soon gain the protection of Lord Elrond.

Amethysia grew restless as she sat in front of Erwedraith on the saddle. He kept his arm over her as he said ,"Haryuvalve ture." We will have victory.

The air was still. The only sounds were the buzzing of the Noobs and the pounding of their hooves as Celeg and Ambaron neared the river. They were at the edge of Rivendell at last! "The river! The river!" shouted Lindarielwen. The mighty steeds entered the water and continued across. The Noobs flew down to form a protective barrier against all who would try to follow.

Water splashed around their legs as Erwedraith and Lindarielwen held tightly to the reins as their horses reached the shore. On solid ground, the Elves looked at each other. "We are safe, Lindarielwen. We have reached Rivendell." said Erwedraith. Lindarielwen slid from the saddle, exhausted. Erwedraith laughed as Amethysia jumped from Celeg and emitted a puff of smoke and a burst of flame. She seemed to have grown bigger. The two Elves and Amethysia turned to the forest.

"A pusta! Mana yalye? Mana caral sinome?" Stop! Who are you? What are you doing here? They were stopped by a small band of Elves who had their bows drawn.

[Edited on 02/21/2014 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
*Mareth and Tarc jump at a sound coming from one of the bushes, and turn around to peer into the shadows, then, thinking it was must have been a rabbit or something, turn back around to see that some cheese, most of the spinach and ricotta pasties, and a as-yet-untouched glass of lemonade have disappeared*

*a few minutes later, in a tree a few minutes walk away from where Tarc and Mareth where picnicking* Whew! That was a close one! Lucky there was a nice big stone for me to throw... *dragie puffs smoke from her nostrils* Well, I needed it more than them! It's been days since I had anything more than berries to eat. Besides, Mareth said earlier she would be happy enough to get me something to eat, that she would pay for, and as I never answered I say the offer still stands.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*The dragons continue to lazily circle overheard. Guruthos turns towards his Queen.* "Why are you so intent on reclaiming eggs that aren't yours?" *She turns angrily toward him, causing him to veer off slightly* "I am the Queen of all dragons. I consider all dragon eggs lain in Arda to be under my protection. Any eggs being removed from any hatching grounds, especially by men, elves, or dwarves, must be returned. I will not fail in my duties to my subjects. These individuals have claimed the eggs were abandoned. How dare they? Abandoned? No female dragon in our long history has ever abandoned her eggs." *Guruthos falls silent, thinking to himself: "I must bring this to the attention of Lord Sauron. Perhaps this is something we can exploit." *Is about to ask where the other female is but hesitates and decides to drop the subject for now.*
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
*After days of riding through the Forest, LS was beginning to wish he did have Guruthos burn it down. As he went on the trees became closer together and he had no choice but to abandon his horse. Which forced him to walk which of course made him angry* "I am getting fed up with all these good for nothing trees. I bet ES is having a pleasant ride. I can not even see the stupid sun." *LS continued North and after a few hours he came to a large space that he believed would be the place where the two Elves would be to train there Dragonlet. He looked around and saw no one and his anger doubled. He had gone into the Forest for no reason* "Well I am not going back that's for sure, Where would I go if I was an Elf with a Dragon." *He didn't have to think long before the word Imladris came wandering into his mind* "Ah yes of course the Elves are heading for Rivendell. So that is also my destination though I must be careful as I will be going into enemy territory and anything could happen. If I leave ES a sign someone else may read it, however she is smart and she will come to the conclusion that I have gone to Rivendell". *LS began his walk towards Rivendell*
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
*I pushed my way through the bushes and branches into the clearing, stopping in my tracks when I saw everyone* What's going on here?
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Looks at Tarc* Wasn't there more food there a second ago? *scratches head in confusion* *notices a person standing a few feet away* Oh! Hello there! *stands up* We were just having a bite to eat. Care for some? *gestures to food* We're actually looking for a couple of people...
tarcolan
Send Message
(Welcome to the...errr...chaos, Alex)
*opens bleary eyes* Where am I? What's that about missing food? Must be the raider of the lost tarc. (geddit Mareth? Lost tarc? Eh Mareth?) Well we know it wasn't this fine fellow or Barguest would've barked, or run away or something. *Barguest lifts an ear but keeps eyes closed* Strange. Normally he would've raised enough noise to wake Melkor in the Void if someone took food. Maybe it was someone he knows.

Sit here by the fire friend and have some houmous. I sense that you are an honorable man and I can tell from your bearing that you are an enemy of evil. That and the 'Goodie' badge. So tell us stranger, withersoever have you come and whereforwhy?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
No, I don't get it..."lost tarc"?

*Pours a glass of lemonade, and hands it to the stranger, then pours another and sips it*
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*paces beside the campsite she's made on the outskirts of the forest* I wonder where L_S is? I thought he was going to meet me here. *laughs* I bet he got lost. Now, where would he head? I guess I will have to send the Guruthos off to see if he can pick up his trail. *opens her mind to the Queen* What? *cringes as she sounds testy* er ... L_S was supposed to meet me here but he's gone AWOL. Would you please send Guruthos after him? *no response, pacing increases, and finally* Done! Is there anything else? *tries to hide thoughts, unsuccessfully it turns out* Yes, I suppose I can come down and we can discuss the possibility of my becoming a beast of burden. *deafening silence* Well, that went well.
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
I thank you for your hospitality, fellow travellers. *Takes a sip of the lemonade* Ahh! A familiar taste. One I've not felt in my mouth since I left my homeland. *Sits on the ground, studying my new companions* Before I reveal more about myself, I would prefer if you would kindly state who you and your companions are and the business of your party, if I may ask.
tarcolan
Send Message
I have a feeling that you already know the purpose of our present business (see above) and the events that led up to it (see the DragonEggspedition thread (which shall remain nameless) somewhere in the Games Forum (and which I am in the process of condensing and posting on googledocs for no good reason), and indeed the events that led up to those events (way back in the Green Dragon thread (the Inn that is)))(All these nested brackets remind me of LISP).

I would say it is for you to reveal your intentions. Anyway we were here first. Fancy a cherry bun?
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Just to be sure, are we in the forest somewhere?

Ah yes! The DragonEggspedition! Last I heard, you fellows were starting in an inn, but I lost information of events following that time. *(truth be told, I was just rather lazy to read through the whole thread just to get the idea of where we are now lol)*

Ok, well. I am a ranger, in the sense that I do not have a permanent home. I greatly desire to use my skills with the sword and bow, but I have no interests in being part of a kingdom's army. So now I'm a wanderer, helping country folks and fighting off orcs. I was just passing by when I heard voices. So I came to investigate.

Edited due to the realization that we're in Middle Earth

[Edited on 02/28/2014 by Alexanda]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Weariness overtook her and Lindarielwen leaned against her horse. She was tired of being pursued. At least in Rivendell, they could find peace and she and Erwedraith could begin Amethysia's training. But now, they are facing drawn bows. Amethysia stood very still as Erwedraith stepped forward and began to speak to the Elves.

"Aiya! Essenya Erwedraith. We have come to seek sanctuary so we may train our dragon. We come in peace but fear we are being followed by those who wish to cause us harm." All the Elves looked up as the Noobs continued their buzzing.

"Noobs! Noobs are with you! Noobs have not been seen for many ages in Rivendell. They must have a special bond with that dragon for them to follow you here." the tallest Elf said. Amethysia jumped up and down and flapped her little wings which caused the Elf to smile. "Yes, this little one has qualities that must be developed." He motioned to the other Elves to lower their bows.

"Come. We will take you to Lord Elrond. He will be most intrigued when he sees this dragon. What is her name?" asked the Elf. Lindarielwen answered, "Her name is Amethysia and she has already begun to puff a bit of flame and she will soon take to the skies."

The armed Elves led Erwedraith and Lindarielwen into the woods. Amethysia followed, happily puffing smoke and flapping her wings.

The Noobs continued their buzzing as they formed a protective barrier at the edge of the river.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, we are in the forest, Alex.

I am a ranger as well, and my name is Mareth Ravenlock. That's Tarcolan, though most of us call him Tarc. *takes another swing of lemonade*
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
*Nods toward each of my companions* A pleasure to meet you, Mareth Ravenlock, Tarcolan. Forgive me for not introducing myself. My name is Alexanda.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Well, that was a lovely glass of lemonade... But now all the food is gone *glares at dragon* and I don't think they'll be caught off guard as easily next time. So who exactly are you, little wolf? And why do you seem to understand every words I say?

*wolf yips and chases her tail*
tarcolan
Send Message
*Barguest is sniffing round in ever wider circles* I think he's lost the scent.*hound stops under a tree and looks up* Yes Barguest, I too was wondering what a wolf was doing up a tree. *shouts up*You can come down now, or stay there if you like.

I wonder what happened to those two with their dragie. We've lost the trail now. What shall we do? We'd better send the horses home, this forest is getting too thick for them.
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Is someone lost? *starts to my feet* Do you need any help?
tarcolan
Send Message
It depends. If we've got nowhere to go then it doesn't matter if we're lost. Anyway, faithful doggie here will... now where's he got to?
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
*Looks around* Well, it's been a pleasure getting to know you all, and thanks for the drink. Perhaps I should leave you to your business? *starts to sling my long bow across my shoulders*
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
*Guruthos lands beside ES* “The Queen sent me to look for LS for you. I was able to pick up his trail and followed it until it just stopped as if by some sort of magic. My guess would be that LS has crossed into that horrible place Rivendell.” “Why do you think he went into Rivendell that is just stupid doesn’t he know that Elrond lives there, he will be captured for sure”. “Those two Elves must have gone into Rivendell to seek the advice from Elrond. The Elf Lord may be lenient towards a baby Dragon but if he was to see me or the Queen he will likely have us shot down. That is why I wont go into that place. I thought that I saw another company in the South I am going to take a look” *Guruthos flew back into the sky and headed South*

*Meanwhile LS was in Rivendell hiding from the Elf guards, he was about to run into a nearby building when he heard the sounds of footsteps, he lept back behind cover just in time and watched as a group of Elves walk past and in the middle of the Elves were Lindarielwen and Erwedraith* "Good they didn't see me they must be going to Elrond. I will follow them but first I need a disguise" *LS went into to the building and discovered a set of Elvish armour and knew what he had to do* "Yuck I suppose I have to wear this stuff. Oh well as long it allows me to walk freely around this horrid place" *LS left the building and started to walk up the path to where Elrond was located*
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
As Erwedraith, Lindarielwen and Amethysia walked with the Elves to meet Lord Elrond, a tremendous buzzing was heard. All looked up to see the Noobs, now dark, dark red and buzzing with anger. The Noobs made such a sound and numbered so many that the sky could not be seen. Suddenly, like an arrow shot from a bow, the Noobs swarmed down upon a lone figure, dressed in Elvish armour and walking along the path leading to Lord Elrond.

Amethysia made a low roar and before Erwedraith had a chance to stop her, the little dragon broke away from the group and, puffing fire, charged at the lone figure who was now covered with swarming Noobs. Her sparkly purple wings were flapping wildly and just before she was going to emit the largest burst of flame in her young life, the Noobs picked up the now screaming figure and lifted it high into the air. Amethysia began jumping up and down and, like a baby bird learning to fly, she lifted herself off the ground.

Erwedraith and Lindarielwen watched in amazement as Amethysia rose into the air and began to fly towards the Noobs. "Amethysia!" cried Erwedraith. "Come back! Now!" Without any hesitation, Amethysia turned and flew to her Dragondaddy and landed softly on the ground beside him. Both Erwedraith and Lindarielwen looked at their little dragon but loud screams caused them to look upward.

The Noobs were carrying the lone figure, now stripped of it's armour, high above the trees and towards the river. The figure was carried back across the rushing water and was thrown unceremoniously onto the ground.

The Noobs, once again, formed their protective barrier across the river.

[Edited on 03/03/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Another Ranger is always welcome when tracking someone, but I suppose you have other things to do. It was nice to meet you, Alex.

*Cracking sounds come from my bag* *muttered* Well you picked a wonderful time to be hatched...*lifts egg out of sack*
tarcolan
Send Message
Ooooh! A hatchling dragie! What do we do? Shall I get hot water and towels? *sits down holding head* Oh dear, I feel faint.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
*LS landed on a big rock that was protruding from the ground* "Ouch! dumb noobs did that on purpose, they could have dropped me anywhere but no they had to drop me on a rock. Now I have no bag or weapons since I left them in Rivendell. At least I left my clothes on under that armour." *LS decided to try and find ES and tell her about the events in Rivendell.*

*After a while of flying, Guruthos found the other company. and what he saw was a group of Rangers one of which was holding a Dragon Egg that was hatching* "I need to tell the Queen about this new baby, she will be very interested in it. I have a feeling that my master needs me" *Guruthos immediately turned around and flew towards the Forest, he knew that the Rangers below had spotted him but he did not care*

[Edited on 03/04/2014 by Lord_Sauron]
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
*Glances up to the sky to estimate the time* *spots a flying creature leaving the area* Dragon, I whisper to myself. *looks back down* No need to get hot water and towels, Tarc. Nature's process will do fine. By the way, just curious: are there any hostile dragons?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Erwedraith and Lindarielwen almost did not believe their eyes as Amethysia fluttered her little wings and landed next to Erwedraith. "She flew! She flew!" gasped Lindarielwen. Erwedraith hugged the little dragon who did not seem so little anymore.

He looked at Lindarielwen. "It appears Amethysia did not need any training in order to fly." Erwedraith said. "She has done it on her own." Lindarielwen answered.

Amethysia was very careful not to puff any smoke or fire as her Dragondaddy and Dragonmommy talked to her. "That was very brave of you, Amethysia, to try and help the Noobs remove the stranger from these lands. But you must be careful. As you grow, your powers will increase and you have to learn to control them." said Dragondaddy. Lindarielwen hugged the little dragon. "Your Dragondaddy is right. You will grow into a mighty dragon with powers beyond compare. Soon, you will be able to soar high into the skies. You will no doubt meet other dragons and you must chose your companions wisely. There will be those who will be pure of heart and others who might try to deceive you." Amethysia puffed a bit of smoke.

The tall Elf approached the little family. "Your young dragon is very brave. She would have defended us against harm. Lord Elrond will be pleased. Come, let us go."

With a last glance at the sky, they all continued down the path.
<< First45678Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email