Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First678910Last >>
Author Topic:
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Well, if you want to know what this book says, go to the elves in Rivendell. And as you say, if a power from Mordor is at work, the elves are needed.
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The two Elves rested their heads against the tree and Amethysia curled up on the ground next to them. All three were weary from their journey to Rivendell. So many things happened since the chance meeting at the Inn that brought Erwedraith and Lindarielwen together and their journey as Dragondaddy and Dragonmommy began.

Lindarielwen closed her eyes and thought about how she originally did not want a dragon egg. She came close to giving it away when Erwedarith came to the inn and offered to take the sparkly egg. Others also were interested in it but there was something about Erwedraith. Something about the sincerity in his voice when he told her he would raise the baby dragon. She remembered looking into his eyes and she instantly knew he would be her choice if she was to give the egg away. But she decided not to give the egg to another. She smiled as she thought about telling Erwedarith they could raise the dragon together.

Erwedraith turned to Lindarielwen and saw she had closed her eyes. He looked at the little dragon and was glad to see her sleeping. Her sparkly little wings caught the sunlight, casting thousands of dancing lights amongst the trees. Erwedraith thought about the first time he met Lindarielwen. She was unsure about raising a dragon. When he offered to take the egg, she told him they could raise the creature together and he agreed. Now they are here, in Rivendell, trying to find sanctuary against the ones who wanted to take Amethysia into the dark world of evil. A grim looked crossed his face as he knew he would protect his little family with his life. He wondered what was happening to the others. Did their eggs hatch? Are they safe?

Amethysia stirred in her sleep and the buzzing of the Noobs could be heard in the distance.

[Edited on 03/16/2014 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
[Volume 1 of the Dragon Eggspedition is now available as Word doc, epub or (spit) Kindle AZW download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p1e4k6fpylm3lkb/NxrUNGEqq2]

I was just thinking the same thing Alex. Anyone coming?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I'll go, Tarc. We can ride on Blaze. *rises, being careful to not wake sleeping baby dragon*
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lady Miriel Gelliam
Council Member
Send Message
[Hey ya'all! Could I possibly pretty please join????? *bats eyelashes* I'm not quite sure what you want me to do - I've never done role playing before, but it looks awesome and I'd love to help out/barge on in.]

[Edited on 03/11/2014 by Lady Miriel Gelliam]
"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important." ~ The Eleventh Doctor
tarcolan
Send Message
[Welcome to the thread, Lady Miriel Gelliam. You don't have to ask, just jump in. It's not really a RPG though there are some who would disagree. It's actually an experiment in free-form multi-thread emergent behaviour in a chaotic system. Or FMEBCS for short. You can just be yourself, or be a character or three. If you want to know the story so far I recommend you to read Volume 1 at the link above, but I also strongly urge you not to read it if you value your time, sanity, eyesight etc. A resumé: it's about eggs, baby dragons, big dragons, goodies and baddies, and lots of food and drinks.]
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
[Tarc, you crack me up.]

Alex, do you want to go with us too? Or do you want to stay here?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
[ Tarc, your Dragon Eggspedition volume 1 is great!]

Of course I want to come! I was thinking of seeing the folks of Rivendell recently.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Right, then let's go! *leads the way outside to Blaze* All three of us will ride, plus the new baby dragon. Is that alright? *he nods* *smiles at him and pats his head* Good boy. *climbs up and motions for Tarc and Alex to do the same*

[Edited on 03/12/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
*Pauses before mounting on Blaze* *glances back at the stable at the end of the street* *mutters* Should I... *shrugs* Wherever we're going, it's no place for a horse. *get's on Blaze and looks at him. He seems to be able to take it* Alright. Let's go.
tarcolan
Send Message
Whoa! Hold your dragon there. What about Lady MG? (Or even wolfie when she stops moping up a tree. Not good for you, y'know) We can't all ride on Blaze.

You've got a horse Alex? I must have missed that.
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Oh yeah... If they're coming along, I might have to get my horse after all.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
[I did say to E~S that Blaze learned the art of shrinking himself when the need arose. I suppose it's time to prove my point.]

Blaze is plenty big, Tarc. *nods to Blaze* *he commences to un shrink himself* There's enough room. *grins at their surprised expressions* He can be different sizes when he needs to be. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I know it does. Climb aboard!

Besides Tarc, we've put quite a few people on Blaze's back before, remember/ I think it might have been back in the old thread...
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Well! I've never seen anything like that! *looks at Tarc* I don't think the rest will be coming any time soon. We might as well get going.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
*cracks open one eyes, yawns, stretches, and almost falls out of the tree she was sleeping in* Ummghhhpppphhhh... Where am I? How in Middle-earth did I sleep for so long? And where'd everyone else go? I swear they weren't that far away...
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
tarcolan
Send Message
Post Vol. 1 at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p1e4k6fpylm3lkb/NxrUNGEqq2
on: March 13, 2014 03:23
[Yeah, there were five of us at least and Barguest on Blaze back then, searching for orcs as I remember.]

I've got a feeling that wolfie might turn up, let's wait awhile. Oh, and I forgot my book. I'll get us some snacks for the journey as well.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
[I thought so.]

*Yawns* I hope he hurries up...
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
*Leans on Blaze while checking the fletchings on my arrows* *once done, pulls hood over head and eyes and rests head on Blaze's back* *immediately starts snoring; a slight smile creeps over face*
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
*wolf tugs at wolfie's shoelaces* What is it now? You want me to follow you, is that it? So where exactly are we going? *wolf yips* Sorry, I forgot I don't speak wolf... Ah well. What's that up ahead? It looks pretty big... it's probably dangerous... and what's that I can hear? Some sort of growling... something very evil must be up ahead... *Alexanda keeps snoring* Yup, definitely evil, and probably very dangerous too... I think I'll stay here, if it's all the same to you. *stays out of sight while the wolf trots towards the others and circles them, running around and almost tripping Mareth over*
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Well hello there, little wolf! *scratches behind her ears* *she yips* What is it? *she trots off towards the woods where Wolfie is concealed* You want me to follow you? *yip yap* Alright. *follows wolf* *looks around* What? *sees very slight movement and hears an exasperated sigh* Wolfie? Is that you?
tarcolan
Send Message
I'm back! And look...packed lunches for us all. And some more lemonade, made from the lemons of Lebennin. Now where's Mareth gone? Alex, wake up. What happened to Mareth? And why is Barguest sulking?
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Aww... I guess my acting is too good. [so that everyone knows, it's a little joke I sometimes play with my mom: suppose she says, "I'll be back in a minute." I would find a place close by and pretend to doze. Yeah, it's very 'sarcastic.' ] Mareth went off with a wolf. Look, she's over there. Mareth! You ready?
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
*peers out from behind bush* Oh, it was only you lot. It sounded like a bunch of... well, that doesn't matter, what are you all doing?

*wolf sneezes*
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
We're going to Rivendell. Would you like to come along? *gestures to Blaze* There's plenty of room.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
What about Blade? Can she come? She wouldn't be able to fly that far... And what about this wolf... she seems to be following me... though I dunno if she would want to fly...
tarcolan
Send Message
That wolf's been following you for a few months now. Hasn't she got a name yet? Who's a pretty girl then? *scratches wolf on top of head, Barguest growls* I don't think he likes the wolf. I wouldn't want to be around when those two start fighting. Definitely not on the back of a dragon at five hundred feet. Perhaps I'll go by horse and take Barguest. Will the wolf like riding a dragon? I know, I'll take the wolf as well... no, hang on..ummm...
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
*Walks quickly to the stable* *returns with horse* Alright, I'll be riding my horse. Would anyone like to ride with me? *wolf eyes the black saddle horse and creeps towards it* *the big animal bends down and snorts* *wolf dashes back to Wolfie*
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Um... well, I don't know how to ask her her name, and it would feel wrong to give her a new name... Perhaps she can just run beside Alexanda on her horse... If the horse doesn't try to step on her, that is. And I dunno what I'll do... I wouldn't want to give Blaze too many people to carry.
tarcolan
Send Message
Right, we're sorted. You, Mareth and Barguest can ride on Blaze and I'll keep Alex company. Here's your packed lunches and drinks. We'll catch up with you in Rivendell. *Goes back to PP and borrows Philomena again from BB* We should get to the Forsaken Inn by nightfall, assuming there's no trouble on the road. Giddup horsey. *Barguest starts whining* Stay boy! Stay. Nice ride on Blaze. You enjoyed it last time. Hold on to his ears Mareth. See y'all later.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
*looks around the inn slowly and realizes that everyone is gone.* Glory, but have I been asleep for a loooong time! What is the date? What is the time? Everything is kind of a blur...I remember the trees and some coffee and...*hears noise in corner and turns to look* Ahh! Lorien! You have grown! *Lorien spreads his wings, stretches* Now, I wonder if you can fly? The last I recall, you were flying little circles around the inn...when everyone was here. Where'd they go? Oh, I forgot, you cannot talk. *shrugs* Oh well. I suppose we will come to understand each other in some time. For now, let's go find the others! Can you carry me?

*Hops on Loriens back, and he flies out the door and into the air.* Well done, Lorien! Off to find...uh...someone familier! *under breath* I hope they didn;t get too far ahead of me this time...
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
*checks waterskin* Right, we're good. *pats horse on the neck* Meet Shadow, Tarc. He's a faithful one. *mounts Shadow with Tarc sitting behind* *takes off*
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
*wolfs yelps, surprised, and trots off after them*

I guess the rest of us are flying, then... Find a good seat, Blade... No, don't do that! You know Blaze won't be very happy if you sit on his tail!
tarcolan
Send Message
Hello Shadow, meet Philomena. I've only known her a few hours but she seems a steady sort. So tell me Alex, what brought you to this neck of the woods? Chance or fate, if they are not two sides of the same coin?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
*still flying* We should be finding one of the two groups soom, Lorien, and let us hope we don't encounter Orcs along the way There were a lot of those on the last journey, now weren't there? Oh, I forgot, you were just an egg at the time...
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Laughs at Blade* Oh, I don't think Blaze minds, Wolfie. *Blade grins [Can dragons grin?] happily at Wolfie* *Wolfie rolls her eyes* *Looks down at Alex and Tarc, far below* *hears the flap of wings behind, and turns around to see...* Maxie! *waves* *calls to her above the wind* I was wondering what happened to you!
<< First678910Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email