Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First7891011
Author Topic:
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"Eruvilui, don't worry there is always hope, you've given me hope when I thought all was lost, we will make it through this, but I need you to be strong for I cannot on my own, if you fall who else will I rely on?" Legolas said with a smile, he sat himself up a little on his elbows and toughed Eruvilui cheek with the back of his hand, wiping a tear away.
The elves began it, waking up the trees, teaching them to speak...
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
She felt her heart slam heavily into her ribs as she closed her eyes and felt a stray tear slide from her eye and down her cheek. It was something of this emotion that few had ever been allowed to witness, and her embarrassment was evident as her cheeks flushed, "I...forgive me for speaking in such a manner, Legolas...Malcolm...I just..." she turned to look at Legolas for a moment, relishing the light touch of the prince's hand on her cool cheek before her gaze shifted back to Malcolm, "I know...I know we can fight whatever horde the Witch King has to offer us in battle..." her words were bitter as she reached up to place her hand on top of Legolas' before giving her hazel visage back to the elf.
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Malcolm nodded, "There is always hope, but sometimes it is hard to find. I guess Dira didn't tell you the latest news."
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"What news would that be?" Legolas asked, he gently lowered himself down again and shut his eyes to help with the pain, he still held on to Eruviluis hand but this time a little tighter.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Her head snapped to attention as Malcolm spoke with almost a hidden message in his voice, "News?" her brow furrowed at the man's choice of words, "Dira has not spoken anything to the company that might be considered news," she moved to wipe the wetness from her cheek with the back of her un-occupied hand, not wanting to let go of the prince's strong grip as though it was holding her to the realm of the living. Hazel pools sought the face of the young Dunedain, "Speak your peace, Gareth," she stated, using the name she'd known him by in the past, "we need no other surprises so soon into our long journey," she shook her head and settled down near to Legolas, allowing her free hand to rest upon the prince's thankfully cool brow.
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"The Witch King has grown strong and has challenged Gondor and Rohan to battle." Malcolm relayed the dreadful news.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas was speechless for once, "But they will not accept it right? They can't!" he said a minute later, he pushed himself into a sitting postion, a very painful idea at that.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"They will most likely," Malcolm said solumnly, "It will be a battle to end all battles."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui felt her heart skip a beat as she listened to what Malcolm was revealing to them. Why had Dira not informed her? Did her long-time companion feel as though they were hopeless in their endeavor? The She-Elf suddenly felt a void, a blackness growing around her as she looked up, eyes wide with complete understanding. She shook her head once and looked from Malcolm to Legolas, "What...what has this world come to that we must fight an evil again as terrible as one that came before? How many times must we defeat such foes, such horrid creatures that care only for the here and now and give no thought to what might come in the future?" she looked down, "I feel as though my heart is crumbling...that nothing might be able to heal it this time...nothing," she looked to Legolas and let go of the elf's hand whom she had known for many decades and yet told nothing of importance, nothing of her heart.

"If this is to mark our impending end, then I shall see myself worthy of battle...of protecting the ones I care about and regard more than even my own life," she looked to Malcolm, "When will Dira return?"
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"I will....fight as well..." Legolas said attempting to stand up, his hand on his side, he had to fight, hr had to for he had so many people to protect and he would not be left out for any reason.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
"Legolas, please," she looked to the elven prince and shook her head, "You must do what you can to take care of yourself and heal...for me? Please rest," she added pleadingly as she looked to Malcolm and stood, removing herself from Legolas' cot, "Gareth, my friend...do not let him move from that spot?" she smiled bitterly, "Not until he is fully healed in your eyes will you let him get up," the next statement was an order, "Whatever can be done against this impending doom will be done," she looked up and in the direction of where Dira had disappeared with the captain, "We will make sure of it..." she added defiantly, looking to Legolas again with a soft eye.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"I won't," Malcolm replied smiling.
=======================
Dira walked down the familar earthy halls grimly. It had been too long since she and Eruvilui had been alone so that she could pour out her troubles to her mellon.
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
Hargam entered where Malcolm and Eruvilui were talking. "Yes, I am afraid they must. Gondor and Rohan have no choice. If they fall, then there is no one else to prevent the Witch King from taking over all of Middle Earth. They are the last bulwark between freedom and total darkness."
ImageImage
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui moved as though to leave the room but was stopped by an unfamiliar voice attached to an even more unfamiliar man whom she assumed to be the Dunedain captain. The man's voice was gravelly and gave her reason to believe he was aged more than what he appeared, "You must be Hargam," she spoke coolly as he revealed to them the truth behind what Malcolm had already verbalized, "Gondor nor Rohan will fall...I believe there is strength yet left in this Middle-Earth, regardless of what many others might perceive...it is why I came back to fight. I know we stand a chance against any foe as long as we stand strong together," her words reverberated throughout the cavern as she looked up and smiled meekly when Dira appeared, "Mellon nin..." she moved to the other woman, "I am ready to fight...Malcolm promised to keep Legolas at bay...our race will surely be hurt if he should fall..." she looked to him with a soft expression.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"You cannot keep me here, I must fight...my friends are in danger, I have to help somehow, please..." his eyes were pleading with worry and determination, he would be apart of this even if he had to defy authority in order to do so.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Her eyes looked to Legolas and narrowed in a brief moment of uncharacteristic annoyance, and the She-Elf took a step toward Mirkwood's prince in an almost defiant manner. Shaking her head, Eruvilui parted her lips to speak yet again, "No!" she ground the word out in a harsh manner, "No. Legolas Greenleaf, you will do as you have been asked...you will stay behind and work on getting well before joining us in any type of fray. We will be able to handle ourselves for the time-being, but Middle-Earth cannot risk hurt...I will not risk hurt to one of the remaining royal bloodlines of our race, please," she shook her head again, brows furrowed, "You don't understand..."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
" This is something I must do, you're the one who doesn't understand Eruvilui..." he said and looked away, he was right in this and he washoping others would listen.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira decided to interrupt, "The Witch King isn't going to attack today nor tomorrow. Malcolm just told me that Legolas will recover in a week. We can't always shield the Royals, we are too weak, the Witch King too strong, and they are too stubborn."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui looked to Dira and nodded in an exasperated manner before looking back to Legolas with another narrowed gaze, "Stubborn is right to be sure, Dira," she shook her head and felt her eyes burning as she looked away from the prince she'd known for the majority of her immortal life, "And those of the masculine variety seem to never understand what might be standing before their very eyes. They see what they want to see and are seemingly ignorant to the rest," she clenched her jaw and moved to stand nearer to Dira, "Very well...I will do whatever it is I am asked, mellon nin..."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas sighed in annoyance, why won't people just understand?he thought to himself, he was going to do this no matter what, "Fine, I guess I have no choice.." he said in anger, he would still go but he had to find a way so no one noticed him.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Do you want something to eat Eruvilui?" Dira half asked before dragging the she elf out of the room.
==================
Malcolm smilled at Eruvilui's outburst, Legolas' response, and Dira's handleing of the situation. He beconed to an older Dunedain.
"This is our Healer Legolas he will stay with you while I go get you some food."
He then quickly followed Dira.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
She sighed heavily and shook her head, crossing her arms, "You do have a choice, Legolas. Did you not just hear what Dira stated?" she rolled her eyes and felt her face becoming more and more flushed, "You may willingly put yourself in harm's way if that is what you wish, for we cannot coddle you for any reason..." her hazel eyes burned with un-shed tears, "You may do what you wish as you have done for the years and years I have known you...with no regard of the ones who..." she cut herself off and looked to Dira for support.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"I do care! Why do you think I want to fight!" Legolas said and non-to-gently grabbed Eruvilui by the arm, his grip tighter than he expected but he was to mad to notice, "If you won't support me, you may leave my sight..." he said the last part quietly, releasing her arm and turning away.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Her mind was so focused on Dira now that Eruvilui seemingly tuned Legolas out as though he was rambling to no one in particular. It was only when she felt a sudden and tightening grip on her forearm that the woman turned on her heels to face the elven prince with a wide-eyed and shocked expression plastered on her face. It had been an age since anyone had laid a hand on her in such a manner and never had it been at the hands of one such as Legolas. Her eyes burned as she stared him down while he continued his statement.

The lingering sensation of his fingers into her arm brought Eruvilui back to the reality of the situation, and she backed away from him. Her voice trembled with a mixture of anger and confusion, "You...You have not the slightest idea, Legolas...not the slightest..." she shook her head, "...I have and would support you to the very end of my life...as little as it might mean..." her words trailed off, "I'll...excuse myself for a time...I must check on Surean and Arandil..." she turned to leave the room.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira, confused and still needing to talk with her friend, followed Eruvilui.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas watched as Eruvilui left the room, he suddenly realized what he ahd done and ran after her, well as best as he could, "Eruvilui, wait!" he called after her as she walked further and further away.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
She barely noticed that Dira had chosen to follow her, for her mind was so caught up in painful memories and trying to get past the sensation of Legolas' fingers digging into her arm. Subconsciously the She-Elf rested her opposite hand on the spot and felt a burning behind her eyes as she allowed herself to concentrate on the odd feeling. Legolas' familiar voice albeit slightly panicked reached her ears, causing her to turn and face him.

"...Y-Yes?" her voice trembled as her heart plummeted in her gut, wondering what it was the prince had forgotten to say.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"I'm...sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you like that, it's just everyone puts me down because of who I am, but I can handle myself in a fight.." he said taking Eruviluis' hand gently, "I will tell you if it is to much for me to handle." he said with a smile.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui shook her head and looked to the ground before attempting to look into Legolas' bottomless eyes once more, "Put you down? Legolas, I have never put you down...I have never doubted you," she searched the depths of his cerulean orbs, "I just want you safe," she added, voice trembling, "You don't understand..." she spoke softly as she felt Legolas take her hand into his own, "I don't know how to make you understand..." she added as though terrified at the thought of speaking again.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"I'll help you understand." he said and gently lifted Eruviluis chin up and kissed her, he broke away with what seemed hours later, "I know you want to keep me safe but how could I just lie here in bed knowing you're not? I couldn't live with myself."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Her heart was suddenly in hear throat before plummeting to the pit of her stomach with the sensation of Legolas' lips pressed lightly against her own. Though the woman had secretly longed for this, her mind was reeling as she comprehended exactly what was happening when abruptly Legolas drew away. The moment left her stunned as she realized her eyes had been closed, slowly opening them to stare directly into the prince's eyes, "Legolas?...I..." she felt a knot forming in her stomach, "...I suppose...this means we are at an in-pass?" she felt a small smile forming on her lips as a tear rolled down her cheek, "I thought...I didn't know you felt anything for me other than comradery..." she stated in dis-belief, wondering inwardly if the prince was merely caught up in the moment or if he truly had feelings for her.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"I do, I just couldn't find a way to tell you." he said looking down into your eyes, "Now let us go back, they're probably all wondering where we've run off to." he said with a small laugh and took your hand, leading you back to the room.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
"All of these years...ever since I first began to know you, to really know you..." she shook her head with a small laugh escaping her lips, "As brave as I can be in battle, as fearless...I could never gather the courage to tell you what I have felt for you, Legolas...I have tried to hide it," she looked down and willingly took the prince's hand this time, not wanting to let go. What she was feeling was far from being a new emotion, but Eruvilui felt as though she could truly be enveloped by the sensation for the first time in her immortal life.

"Leave it to us to find the most intensely dangerous moment we've both experienced in a long time to reveal hidden emotions to one another," she smiled in a sarcastic manner, "I suppose the idea of potential doom has a way of bringing that out in people?" she turned to look to Dira in an apologetic manner.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Ahem," Dira replied nervously, "would you like something to eat?"
The group walked silently through the caves, well until Malcolm broke it.
"So how did you know that it was me at Wolf's Run?"
She sighed, "who else can sound like a dying nightingale?"
Dira smiled at the indignent look that spread over his face.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"This is the perfect time to reveal our feelings for we both don't know what tomorrow will bring, now do we?" Legolas said smiling down at you, "I don't see myself with anybody else, but you, Eruvilui."
<< First7891011
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email