Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lorien_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What age are you and what education level?
on: April 03, 2003 03:23
I received my BA in Chemistry and am currently finishing up (1 1/2 years to go! Woohoo!!) my PhD in Environmental Chemistry. Full-fledged geek right here!!
Grade 3-6
0% (0)
Grade 7-9
25% (5)
Grade 10-12
24% (4)
College (age 18-25)
12% (2)
University (same)
17% (3)
Age 26-30
4% (9)
Age 31-38
5% (1)
Age 39-45
5% (1)
Older than listed above
5% (1)
Why should I even tell you how old I am? *growls*
1% (3)
~Lady_lothlorien~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2003 04:52
i'm 16 and i'm in college doing a GNVQ course in health and social care which is so boring, but i live in the UK.
Pènncrabaniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2003 06:58
I'm feeling older now for some reason. I'm a 16 year old in 11th grade in high school but I'll only be sweet sixteen for another two months...
pippinsscarf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2003 04:41
well i feel young im 14 and in the 8th grade!
Sony
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2003 05:26
I've been fourteen for about two months now and I'm in a sort of combination of ninth and tenth grade according to the American system. [UK system: tenth and eleventh year]... I homeschool which I LOVE! It works out quite well for me, but my mom freaks out at the idea of letting me do more work independently. I had to watch some of my lessons on videos. [right now I'm desperately looking for a bored smiley... with drool and everything] they're horrible! I'm working on Spanish by myself now and am getting through it a lot more quickly. I finally convinced my mom that I don't have to watch for pronunciation since Spanish is phonetic and I know how to speak it... sorry this is rambling so much. I'm really overjoyed about not watching Spanish lessons any more! YAY!!!
LadyRanger
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2003 08:27
umm looks like the school system in the netherlands is very different *lol*

I'm 15, turning 16 in about two weeks (19 days to be exact) ... so that would be... 10th grade?? :dizzy: I have no idea. I still have two years to go :cry:

for anyone who *does* understand the dutch school system and is interested: I'm in 4 gymnasium (vwo)
Firstbourne
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2003 03:16
umm looks like the school system in the netherlands is very different *lol*

I'm 15, turning 16 in about two weeks (19 days to be exact) ... so that would be... 10th grade?? :dizzy: I have no idea. I still have two years to go :cry:

for anyone who *does* understand the dutch school system and is interested: I'm in 4 gymnasium (vwo)

That would be really neat to have a different school stystem such as the ones in Dutchland even though I don't know how they work. I think what I go through is boring.. o.o But that is because I have lived here all my life and I feel sheltered from the other countries. Hm..
Erhithiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2003 05:41
Oh Dear! Seeing the ages, I almost did not reply, but oh, why not says I...lol...

Turned 41 this past March 2nd, but honestly, my mind rejects this whole "growing older" concept...lol...

I was not able to finish college ...(and my family refused to pay for my tuition, which meant that my choices of going to college were limited, and my dreams of being a Geologist/Ecologist/Oceanogrpher were on major hold)..and lived in Europe for a few years in during my volunteer military service. I was in the US Army for a few years, and then came back to the states...So I had basic public educational schooling...and had military training in many subjects throughout those span of years....

It was an exciting time, and I am glad to have had the life experiences...

Now, I take courses online when I feel the need or want to explore subjects that interest me...

Life is a constant source of learning and adventure...

[Edited on 3/5/2003 by Erhithiel]

iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2003 05:55
There are quite a few educated members.

yep, then there's me!
I live in the UK, i'm 14 (going on 15!!!) and i'm in Year 9. Doing SATS next week... well 3 days... :cry:. By using Veaglarwen's post - i should be in 8th grade... but i'm probably wrong. Next year i do GCSE's (to quote Scooby Doo - Yipes!:cry, then its A Levels... then AS Levels (i think)... then university if i go!
cosmik01
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2003 06:20
Almost Iar.. AS then A2s.. Both together makes an A-Level!

I'm taking my A2 exams in June and then university in September.
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
on: May 03, 2003 02:05
I'm glad to see there are a few members around my age too... I'm creeping up around there but thats ok...I'm young at heart:love: I have two BS's..one in Elementary Education and one in Special Education with minors in Psychology and Early Childhood Education.

Its cool to see how very different we are in age and education but yet have soooo much in common... Awesome!
Tinu
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2003 09:17
I'm 45. hold a degree in Chemistry and Biology. Worked numerous years in the varying specialties that exist under the 'Medical Technology' umbrella.
Plantagenet
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2003 05:53
I'm 19 and in my second year university studying the history of art...
Eowyn_Touched-By-Frost
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 08, 2003 04:26
Wow, I'm kind of supprised the majority of replies were from 7-9 grade. I just turned 13 and I'm in 8th grade.
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2003 02:25
I know what you mean! Anyways, I'm 14, although my b-day is in about a week! *dances around* I just started homeschooling this year, which would be my nineth. So, I'm not really sure what level I'm on since I haven't really done any math or science. I've been focusing on LA and History(Ancient Egypt to be exact). And I've been linking Tolkien to all of it! I think my mom's sick of that though. (lol)
Luincamiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2003 01:40
I'll be 16 in alittle more than a week (July 10) YAY! I can't wait!! Anyways, I'm homeschooled and I'll be going into 11th.
Linithiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2003 04:08
Hello!

Wow, Gildor-Inglorion, I am SO impressed and amazed that you are only 17, and yet you are teaching us all Sindarin! You should be very proud of yourself.

As for me, I'm 16 and have just finished year 11 ( I've just taken all my GCSEs!) So next year for A-Levels I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Music.
And then University, although I can't decide what to study - music or medicine, music or medicine... Can anyone help? I love music so much, and yet I really want to be a doctor and help people.
eowynshue
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 02, 2003 06:53
Can anyone help?

unfortunatly i'd be of no help at all really. i go by the "go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes" rule. lol only advice i can give is to toss a coin and go with the other side. have u ever noticed that? when u toss a coin to decide something u seem to want the other side more? maybe its just me.

anyway, i'm 16 too. am so glad to have survived year 11. alll that coursework! sheesh! evil GCSE's. bring on A-levels! woot! i'm doing maths, further maths, french, economics and pyschology. i figure if its too much for me i can drop one after AS. no idea what i'm going to do after that. will definately go to uni, but i don't know what i'm going to do there. i was going to do something with computers but since i protested against my stupid *tries not to swear* moron of a teacher by not doing the work then that option's kinda out the window, depending on what grade i get. though if i do get a good grade for it i have no idea what i'll be doing a A-level. it'll screw it up a bit.

*tries to stop rambling* *fails*

Gildor-Inglorion, ur 17!?!?!?! sheesh! i thought u were some sort of middle-aged tolkien professor or something! lol am impressed! where'd u learn it all from?
eowadia
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2003 07:05

I'm 18 years and I just finished my school. Next year I'm going to the University of Antwerp, Belgium. I'm going to study History:love:

bye
Naurlas
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 02, 2003 10:51
I'm 42 and work with my partner in our construction/remodeling business on the southern coast of the U.S.
Arvedui
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 08:22
Wow! I have kids older than many who posted in this thread!

I'm 45 and am a grandfather. I did attend a two year technical college, and have been a working stiff since 78. I was glad to see some elder folks posting here!
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 04:09
Well... I'm 45 and have a Bachelor's Degree....

"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Gildor-Inglorion
Elvellon ar Pethdan
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 05:58
Gildor-Inglorion, ur 17!?!?!?! sheesh! i thought u were some sort of middle-aged tolkien professor or something! lol am impressed! where'd u learn it all from?

Personal study my friend Its amazing what the brain can do when it is fully engaged! I constantly find that I wish I had a PHD in linguistics though. Constantly feeling like there must be more dimensions to this language and I might be able to find them if I only knew of more ways to look at it . Ah well thats what books are for right?
Adanethian
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 07:43
I'm 13, and I'm in my second year at high school... (i'm turning 14 on april) that's the ninth or tenth grade equivalent for you guys, i think...
Poldalle
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 07:44
I just turned thirteen a little mre than a month ago and have still not gotten any presents.
Eloise
Giver of Smores
Send Message
on: August 02, 2003 03:43
I'm nearly sixteen and I'm in fifth year. I don't know the american equivelent though.
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2003 04:09
Eloise I'm nearly 16 - I'm in fifth year and I don't know the american equivelant!! When's your bday? Mine's December 15th. I know it's sometime in September but what date?
Moogan1689
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2003 08:25
I'm 15 in grade 11.
theoddhobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2003 05:19
I'm 15 in grade 11.

Wow! You guys must start early or something! I'm 16 and in grade 10 (high school sophmore!). Of course, I am the oldest one in my class because I didn't start school til I was six...
SilverMoonLady
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2003 10:49
Wow... the range is amazing...
I'm 27, and have done 4 years of college but no degree (yet). Started in Cultural Anthropology, changed my major to Early Childhood Ed, transferred across the country & lost lots of credits due to bureaucratic idiocy :angry: ...... That's when I decided to interrupt formal schooling to engage in field training in Child Development and had 3 kids Free education and training in anger management, disaster control and organizational skills! I'll go back to school someday.. Maybe the kids can front me the money when they get done

I'm very impressed by the creativity and maturity of some of our younger members here. You will go far, and leave a mark on our world, hopefully better for your experiences here and with The Professor's beautiful works.
Iaurcoireiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2003 04:49
Wow there are soo many younger people in here.. i thought that i was a young one.. but i'm not.. hehe
hmm i didn't know that schooling around the world was so different.. i am from Australia and I have just finished year 12 (6th form for the english people) and have just turned 18..
i think that is old for finishing school compared to other countries.... i am going to a technical collage called TAFE in Janurary to do a course in Graphic Pre-Press Design stuff...
wow soo many people have (multiple) degrees.. this has gotta be a group of the smartest people i know.. hehe

[Edited on 12/11/2003 by Iaurcoireiel]
_Rilaisseth_
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2003 12:13
I'm from Oz too and I just finished forever I can't wait for exams to be over so I can get in the real world, i'm hoping to goto uni next year and do journalism.
AzniNtEgRaElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2003 02:36
im 13... and im in 1st term of 8th grade.
Ivorwen_
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2003 04:57
Ummm, im nearly 19. I've graduated, and Currently have 15 college credits.
Vanwaelen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 07:22
I'm 16 and a sophmore in high school. So far, I'm thinking of taking Linguistics in college along with Asian Studies (Japanese Concetration) and maybe French (since that's what I'm taking now-year 2).
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email