Register

<< First2930313233
Author Topic:
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The PP Pub.(KEEP)..pull up a chair and tell us what's on your mind
on: March 24, 2003 08:46
Jeanne, I'm so tired I can't quite puzzle out what you meant but you have brought up a point that we should address...
How can we celebrate the important days in our lives if we don't know when they are? When is your birthday? Goldy, I don't even know yours! We might find that some of us were born close enough together to have a combined party now & then!
My birthday was the end of February. Hann's is the end of Novemeber. Who else would like to share?

Tegol, want to take notes? You always have your notebook handy.

(A new pic of Tegol is in my Journal. He's the one on the right! )

[Edited on 24/3/2003 by Narulothwen]
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2003 09:39
*Blushes slightly as Tegol looks asks for birthday*

"My birthday is April 21st, the day after Easter this year."
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2003 11:33
Hello Tegol, welcome to the pub. I am Poppy, and this oaf *starts to pinch Tudo, then remembers what happened last time and pokes him instead* is Tudolen. Gondor is a fair land, I have but newly returned from there myself. For your records, I share the same birth month as our friend Goldberry, but my birthdate is the 29th. Let us know if we may be of service during your stay here.

[Edited on 24/3/2003 by Rudhwethiel]
*MelioftheShire*
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2003 01:04
*Walks over to the crowd*
Welcome Tegol I'm Meli Baggins secound cousin of the famous Frodo Baggins!!Those 2 hobits eating over there are Pippin Took and Merry Brandybuck! Please to meet you!

*Goes to see M*
Glad you picked a date!! I'll be glad to help with any thing you need!

My birthday is January 11th, Pippin's is Juin 11th and Merry's is August 26th

*Goes back to see Pippin*
Doesn't it seem like everyone is engaged......except for um....us?!?
*Pippin looks up at her and smiles then continues eating*
So what you're not going to say anything?
Pippin: Well not for now!!*Goes upstairs*

*Sits down and grabs a bread from Merry's plate and starts eating it*

[Edited on 25/3/2003 by *MelioftheShire*]

[Edited on 25/3/2003 by *MelioftheShire*]
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2003 02:18
I guess that you're right Naru! There have been too many weddings here lately! And now that I think about it that engagement is not long enough for me...Sorry Haldir. Can you wait longer?

Haldir: For you my lady, I would wait a lifetime. There is no rush...as long as you don't change your mind about getting married! My birthday is on the 15th of August, Rumil's is on the 3rd of December and Orophin's is on the 7th of January.

Mine is on the 10th of October. And have no fear Haldir, there will be a wedding unless you decide to do something really atrocious!
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2003 03:47
*Looks over to Tergol*

"So Tergol, would you like to join me for a cup of tea or a pint, whatever pleases you, and tell me more about yourself."

*Waits for a response*
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2003 04:20
Oh, Tegol, I'm sorry I swamped you with record-keeping before you could finish your first ale! At least you have everyone's names for future reference!

TEGOL: Not to worry, Narulothwen. I'm in my element now. Thank you all for both the welcome and the information. M? Did you say M? Is that short for something? I'd like the records precise if possible.

NARU: M - M - M - M !!!! Do NOT delay your plans because of what I said! I was busy pretending to be awake when you announced your date. I am sorry. PLEASE don't delay on that account. A month from now... plenty of time to recover and plan! You two deserve to be bound when you want. Forgive the tired old married lady!

TEGOL: Poppy, I hope your visit to Minas Tirith was a pleasant one. Jeanne, if you like tea, that is good. Maybe it can help you remember that my name is TE-gol, not Tergol. Not a big deal, really, we've only just met. I don't want to take you from your companion, though. Shall we return to your table and you can apologise all you want while I finish this fine ale. I'm curious to know why you do not know of my home.

[Edited on 25/3/2003 by Narulothwen]
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2003 06:43
Our poor Mae-Mae! We broke her with all this planning! Hann, I have to go up & see her for a few minutes at least. Keep an eye on things, please! Melánë le, Sadron nin!
Excuse me, everyone, please! Goldy, coming?
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2003 07:46
HANN: Okay folks, we have a warrior down but Strider assures us she is not out. And since my sister doesn't like wet blankets, we can't let her become one by stopping the party. I imagine she will beat us all individually & collectively as soon as she can if she doesn't hear some celebration sound drifting up the stairs.

So this is for you Maethorien!!
H=A=P=P=Y N*E*W Y<>E<>A<>R !!!!!!!
*Hann grabs his brother and kisses him, a few tears trickling unheeded.*

HANN: Happy New Year, Tudo!
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2003 02:26
Happy New Year!!!
Oh and Tegol, M is my name.Just M. It's not short for anything. I know it may sound weird but that's what everyone's been calling me for as long as I can remember.

Awww...Strider! Is Rho alright? Tell her that we hope she gets well soon!

Naru, we have no problem with changing the date for the ceremony. Poor Barliman has been swamped lately with us...even when there are no weddings!

Haldir: And Happy New Year to you also M *gives M a big kiss*
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2003 04:02
Poor Rho! I hate she is missing the party. But Hann is right, it will only make her feel worse if she knows we're all down here moping.

*Turns to Tudo*

Strider, Goldy and Naru will take good care of her, darling. You know you don't have to worry. As we await her recovery, might I entice you to dance with me? And where is MY New Year's kiss?? Did your brother get it all?
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2003 04:19
*Sits with Tegol and tells him about her tale.*

"So you see, that's why I don't know anything about your city or any city of this...world. I hope you understand."

*Looks to Tegol for a response*
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: March 25, 2003 05:19
(( Just a note and a suggestion here- once a thread gets this big it takes a long time for anyone with a phone modem to load up all 1300 posts when they wish to add a new post- You may want to consider starting a new thread and just calling it "The PP PUB II " just so that it loads better. I know that I have already started the"Stay Awhile Inn III "-
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2003 09:04
((( PotbellyHairyfoot, good to see you! I guess you didn't mind that we kinda named the Pub after you, then? Folks, we've racked up 40+ pages in less than 40 days! It boggles my mind!
The New Year's party will continue!!!!
If and when "Our Author" gives the word, we will have this version locked and start a Potbelly Pony Pub thread again.
Goldy, I think he has the answer for your posting troubles! We may just start the new year with a new thread!
BUT, don't anybody hesitate to post here until then! Back to the party...)))

TUDO: Poppy-pants, Hann is NOT that good a kisser. He was just a warm-up. Ready for the real thing?

NARU (coming back downstairs): Rho is sleeping & will be less active for a bit and, Tudolen, I heard that! Says YOU! Hann's probably just not your type! Happy New Year, Hann-Hon! *Shows Tudo how it's done!*

TEGOL: Jeanne, I must say I have never heard a story like that. If you would like to, I can show you my maps of Middle Earth. they aren't much. I'm more a writer than an artist, but the scale is accurate.

[Edited on 25/3/2003 by Narulothwen]
*MelioftheShire*
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2003 01:02
Aw!!Poor Rhoooooooo!!!I hope she feels better!!

*Goes to see Pippin whose playing his banjo*
Hey Pip!! Great music!! and Happy New Year!!
*Pippin puts down his banjo and turns towards Meli*
Pippin: Happy New Year!!
*They smile at each other then kiss*

MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2003 01:33
Hmm...I say in honour of Rho and New Year's Day that we have a dance-a-thon! Come on! You all know that you want to! I say that the couple, which doesn't mean that you have to be in love or anything, that lasts the longest on the dance floor wins...uh the couple who was first to stop dancing as their slaves for two days! Ok so who wants to be in it? And who wants to be a judge?
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2003 02:17
Tuddie-pants, I was BORN ready for you! Let me have it, muscles!! And after you're finished wowing me with your lip-locking prowess, how about that dance-a-thon? Think we can show these kids how it's done?
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2003 03:57
*Looks over to Tegol*

"Would you like to judge or dance with me?"

*Waits for a reply*
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2003 04:08
Awww...come on Gold, Legolas! It's all for fun and no one can be TOO hard on their slave!
Hey Tegol! Why don't you put down that pencil for a while and come and join the fun! Jeanne needs a dance partner!
Hey who you calling a kid Poppy? I believe me and Haldir have over 1000 years on you!

Haldir: Speak for yourself M! I'm still a boisterous little elf at heart!

That what you think eh, Haldir?*laughs*
Come on everyone! We have get this dance started soon!
Dinturion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2003 04:20
Just a quick note from Nin. The Dance Contest sounds interesting. I think it would be great, and something My lady, and I could do. BTW: Has anyone seen her? I have not heard from her in a bit.

For those you wish to know. My DOB is October 5.

To Tegol: *Bows out* Again, welcome. Yeah, just look me up.
*MelioftheShire*
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2003 04:22
Pip? What do you say?!?
Pippin: For sure! We may not be kids Poppy but we are the yougest ones here meaning we have to most energy!!! Barliman! some ale please!*Chugs his ale*Alright Meli let's show them what we got!!*Picks up Meli and spins her around then puts her down*
Woohoo!!!Let's go Pip!
Dinturion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2003 04:46
Did you go and scare her off or something?
hope not.

And that reminds me. I hope Rho, will be OK!! I am positive she WILL be, but I hope it is a quick recovery
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2003 07:50
TUDO: Happy New Year, Rudy-cheeks! *kisses her soundly & swirls her onto the dance floor. Patrick Swayze would be jealous of Tudo's moves.*
Thanks to Naru's fantastic fingers, I'm ready to boogie all night!
M: Hey Tegol! Why don't you put down that pencil for a while and come and join the fun! Jeanne needs a dance partner!

TEGOL: I don't dance anymore, really. What about your table companion, Rumil?
*Rumil looks at Jeanne who is gazing at the new guy. He looks at Tegol, shakes his head slightly and rises, heading to the bar.*
TEGOL: Very well. If you insist.
*He rises, holds out a hand to Jeanne and walks her onto the dance floor*

HANN: Well, wife, shall we join the contest? You're the one always itching to dance.

NARU: Thought you'd never ask! I wish Rho were feeling up to it. I love watching her & Strider dance.

[Edited on 26/3/2003 by Narulothwen]
Dolenaglar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2003 08:58
Hey everyone! What do you mean, where have I gone off to? Okay, so maybe I fell asleep and slid under the table. How can you expect a poor little elf like me to stay awake so long after all that excitement? And no, Goldy, why would a couple pints make me pass out? You said that as if I were drunk or something.

Din, my love, I'm ashamed of you. How could you possibly lose your fiance? I mean, aren't you always supposed to be there for me? Obviously you need to try harder, if you can't see me sleeping in a corner. :cry: I mean, really. Although I don't understand why you thought you might have scared me off. No man scares off *hic* Dolen. Blast these hiccups!!!

Rudh, do you think you could find me a glass of wine somewhere? My stomach needs a little settling. Oh, Tegol, my b-day is Dec. 27, in case you were wondering.

Happy New Year everyone! Din, let's dance!
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2003 09:07
Legolas ,dance over towards to the bar,Im thirsty!
Barliman,quick a pint! this is thirsty work!

* downs a pint and legolas spins Goldberry back onto the floor*

* goldy knocks into tudo and Poppy*

Oops sorry Toodo..Poopy!.oops did that come out right? think that last pint went to my head! Sorry Poopy,Toodo! Hahahaha

Legolas: I think you've had too much to drink! No more for you!
Sorry Poppy, Tudo ,I'll try to control her!

[Edited on 26/3/2003 by goldberry]
Dinturion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2003 09:30
To Dolen: oh There you are. I am sorry honey, I guess I should be used to people disappearing from site. I have been doing it myself for Centuries. And yes, I should have been paying better attention. Please forgive an old fool. I don't know why I never thought of it before, but our names alone destine us. Silent Victory, and Hidden Glory! Yes, let us dance.

*Din and Dolen walk off to Dance floor to join in the fun*
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2003 10:53
"Tudie & Poopy!" Goldy, stop it! And no fair trying to cheat by knocking a couple off the floor! No drinking & dancing, huh?
Dolen WAS living up to her name! "Hidden" from everyone! If 'dolen' means hidden, what's Tuddie-pants' name mean? Hidden MUSCLE! Boy did they name you wrong!

Hann, look at that! Tegol is dancing with Jeanne! Ummm... Didn't he have a girl in Minas Tirith? I wonder what became of her? Weren't they engaged?

HANN: They were going to be married about a month after I left the City, but that was almost a year and a half ago. Something must have happened that he is here and alone. I don't want to pry, but now you have me curious, too.

goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2003 11:31
Naruuuuuuu, dont spoil my fun! Poopy doesnt mind! Do ya Poopy? Heck ,I bet toodie doesnt either

Legolas: Goldy! Enough! If you dont behave..... the water trough is outside!

You wouldnt! Rhooooo,can you hear this?! Rho get better you have to save me!

Legolas: Leave the poor woman alone,she is not well.....

Legolasssssss leave me alone - I need a drink!

Legolas:I'll tell you what you need and its NOT another drink!
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2003 12:40
Amen to that! the LAST thing you need is another drink, Goldy! Perhaps when you can pronounce my name again I'll consider playing slave again and getting you another

*dances over close to the bar and grabs a drink for Dolen, then whirls over to hand it to her*

Here you are, m'lady!

Come on, Tudo Swayze, we've got a ways to go! You're rocking the house, baby!
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2003 02:28
YAY!! Ok so here are the rules:

1-The dance partners cannot stop dancing at any point during the contest with the exception that you may take 3 five minute breaks but that's all!

2-At no point can BOTH partners be off the dance floor or else it counts as disqualification.

3-Everyone who enters the contest must accept that if they lose they are going to be some other couple's slaves.

4-This is not really a rule but I would not recommend drinking and dancing.

5-Have fun trying to outlast me and Haldir!

Ok the dance-a-thon has officially begun and our contestants are:
-Haldir and M
-Goldy and Legolas
-Tegol and Jeanne
-Meli and Pippin
-Naru and Hann
-Poppy and Tudo
-Din and Dolen

Let the fun begin! *starts dancing with Haldir*

[Edited on 26/3/2003 by MrsLegolasGreenleaf]
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2003 05:49
*Tegol spins me onto the floor and begin to waltz a bit*

"My Tegol, you're a wonderful dancer. Could it be possible that while we're dancing we could get to know each other more? You know...I'll ask a question, then you, then me and so on and so forth."

*Looks into Tegol's eyes and feels a bit lost*
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2003 07:53
*Naru sizes up the competion*
Hann, I think the elves have an unfair advantage! But between hobbit enthusiasm & ranger stamina, I think we can outlast SOME of these couples even if we can't possibly win!
Goldy, just having fun with you! Why don't you have another ale -- on me!

TEGOL: There is not much about me to know, but ask if you like. I'll try to answer. *continues the waltz*
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2003 09:21
*Ponders a while*

"Well...umm...I guess a question that could start this all is how old you are."

*Waits for a reply*
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2003 10:33
TEGOL: On June 9th I will be 30. I was taught it's not polite to ask a lady's age, so... tell me about your friend Rumil. Am I interrupting something by dancing with you? I don't want to get in the way of a relationship.

HANN: Hey, Tudo! Keep up that pace! You'll be tired out in no time!!
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2003 10:42
*Smiles at Tegol*

"I'll be old enough come April 21st. And Rumil....we're just friends...that's all."

*Smiles at Tegol again as they pick up the pace a bit.*

"So, what are your hobbies?"

[Edited on 26/3/2003 by Frodoslover]
<< First2930313233
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email