Post The PP Pub.(KEEP)..pull up a chair and tell us what's on your mind
on: February 14, 2003 01:34

[Edited on 11/10/2003 by RhovanionWarrior]
pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: The PP Pub.(KEEP)..pull up a chair and tell us what's on your mind
on: February 14, 2003 01:40
Me: Hey, can I come on the next adventure?

Strider: No way.

Me: PLEASE?!

Strider: Nope.

Me: Come on, I might even die!

Strider: Well, that IS a tempting offer...

Me: In fact...I could even save Middle Earth!

Strider: And have to head over seas to heal?

Me: Exactamondo!

Strider: Pack your bags, kiddo, kansas is going bye bye!

something like that, I think.
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 01:46
I believe I have a reserved seat in the left-handed section.
Pipsqueak! good to see you here! If anyone could sneak in ahead of me it WOULD be you!

I want a pint of cider as soon as possible, please!

So, when is Figwit getting here? Or is she hiding under the table again?

What would I ask Strider?
Hmm... no, not that. This is a public place.
What have you and RhovanionWarrior been up to lately? (Maybe I shouldn't ask THAT in a public place, either!)

[Edited on 14/2/2003 by Narulothwen]
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 02:09
All right my first order from the Thread Mafia! Ok One pint of cider for Naru and tater stew for Warrior! Enjoy and for anyone else I'm your server Melilot. You can call me Mel; just hollor and I'm here. Oh Strider some people have been complaining this is now a non smoking section. Pip, join the club. Strider is mean about joining the fellowship, Naru and I had to sneak our way in! Sorry Strider. Well I'll be off. Remember I'm just a few tables away.

Mel

[Edited on 15/2/2003 by Melilot_Bolger]
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 02:20
"I won't dance; don't ask me! I won't dance, madam, for you!" Thanks for the cider, Mel. Haven't you grown up! I was at Rivendell already when you started working here. I heard the hobbit-boys messed up the sleeping room for you on their first visit! I can't believe it because my brother Sam was always SO neat & fussy as a child!

RhoW, how's the stew?

[Edited on 19/2/2003 by Narulothwen]
Gypsy
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 02:46
I'd ask Strider if he's ever heard of the wondrous product that is usually called shampoo. If he said no I'd hand him a bottle of Herbal Essences (He's got the uuurge...) and then get directions to The Shire.

(I nearly typed 'shower'. Lol it must be later than I thought! :dizzy: )
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 02:52
what would I ask strider? ..gee, I don't know..
If I ever walked into the Prancing Pony, a bunch of heads would turn my direction and people would be jumping over tables and pushing people out of the way to slay me... so I doubt I would be able to ask strider anything..

But, if I was say, heavily concealed! I could probably get past such persons and ask strider the most important question I can think of at the time.

"boxers? or briefs?"
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 03:04
First- Pervy, I've seen you around, but I don't believe we've met. I'm Narulothwen, but the lazy folks call me Naru, except for those who still cal me May...
With the Misty Mountain Monster hanging around here, you won't seem too out of place. Speaking for myself, I haven't killed an orc since... Pelannor.

RhoW, what about you? Can Pervy sit safely? And try a SPOON next time, huh?

Gypsy, are you human? If so, you can't go there! Mel goes back to the Shire often enough, she can give you directions!
Gypsy
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 03:08
Gypsy, are you human? If so, you can't go there! Mel goes back to the Shire often enough, she can give you directions!

Well now that you mention it, I was born on a small planet 500 light years to the west of the solar system you humans call home...

Um - what exactly do you mean by 'are you human' ? I'm presuming you are some kind of martian hybrid, yes? And...I can't go where? To the shower??

My mind can't make leaps of logic at one in the morning.

Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 03:14
Gypsy wat she means is are you hobbit, human elf,...? And also if anyone needs anyhting to drink eat or watever I'm your server so let me know! need more stew RW? pervy or Gypsy if you need anything holler.
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 03:19
First- Pervy, I've seen you around, but I don't believe we've met. I'm Narulothwen, but the lazy folks call me Naru, except for those who still cal me May...
With the Misty Mountain Monster hanging around here, you won't seem too out of place. Speaking for myself, I haven't killed an orc since... Pelannor.

I'm glad to know there are a few people who are Orc-friendly! And I am well aware that there is that complex Misty Mountain Monster about here..
But I guess the reaction to Orcs in the Prancing Pony depends on the person.. and luckily for those people, theres only one Orc in the entire population of this forum.. (there may be others, but they don't seem to speak up..)

Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 04:25
Gypsy - Sorry for the confusion (*another world, right!*). The king passed a law keeping Big Folks out of the Shire. I haven't been home since. I am, BTW, a hobbit. Don't let the height (& name & clothes & language &...) fool you.
Let me guess, Strider & RhoW stepped out for a decent smoke.
Pervy - I wouldn't call myself orc-friendly - seen too many. I spent TOO much time with Uruk-hai (3 days too much!). But, I guess if Legolas & Gimli became friends, we owe you a seat & and drink in Strider's Corner.

OPEN QUESTION: So where were YOU during the Ring War?

[Edited on 15/2/2003 by Narulothwen]
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 05:38
Pervy - I wouldn't call myself orc-friendly - seen too many. I spent TOO much time with Uruk-hai (3 days too much!). But, I guess if Legolas & Gimli became friends, we owe you a seat & and drink in Strider's Corner.

Hehe, Aslong as I'm not dead, I'm happy. And don't worry, No trouble has come from this Orc in a long time.. So I'm actually rather harmless. (unless you get on my bad side..)

^.^ Drink, please!
pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 06:00

OPEN QUESTION: So where were YOU during the Ring War?

In the shire! With friends! and then that...*mumble* Lotho...and the Lockholes.
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 07:57
Mel, bring a LARGE WOODEN spoon for our friend (nothing metal, please!) and her stew.
Lucky you, Pipsqueak! Then again, to see the Party Tree... No, I don't want to think about it. I'm just glad Gaffer was okay. Sam & I have given him enough grief.
PervyOF - A drink of WHAT? Which side IS your BAD side? For me & RhoW, it's the right side. LEFTIES! Maybe it's best if we DON'T know where you spent the war...( RhoW, get your hand off that hilt and around that wooden stick in your bowl. Now dip and lift... )
Pipsqueak, have an apple. They are good this year!
RhovanionWarrior, YOU are NOT lazy. You speak in haste & brevity, that's all. You can call me "Red" if you want to! [like in Bambi, the skunk says: He can call me "Loth" if he wants to!" or something like that *tee hee*] (And how many times have I tried to find out what your parents called you?)
Yes, the elf is fast. I'll never outdraw him! BUT HE calls me "Narulothwen Pengmeldis" every time! (He's fast but not hasty!)
Have I not protected you? Have I not drawn my sword on your behalf?
Yes, you have. And have I not dropped an enemy or two with my arrows before they got into sword range? Hannon le & LOW FIVE, RhoW!
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 08:23
ok I'm back so Pervy what is your poison? I like the Lorien punch. Warrior I think I just might give you the whole pot with a giant spoon, unless you want a straw? Strider, put it out or you will have to fish your pipe out of the water bucket. Just kidding (says quickly before I see the sword in my face, but we are good friends so I doubt he would mind). if you wonder how a hobbit who works in PP could be great friends with Strider well here is my story: Well when the boys came here I went with my crush Frodo. Next thing I know me and May AKA Naru are packing to get out to the ford to met up with the Fellowship. I did some fighting and stuff and now I'm back here serving drinks! One main reason I left Bree was so I didn't have to clean up the feathers the Wraiths scattered everywhere! Well I better get more stew before Warrior goes crazy!!! Pervy when you figure out wat you want let me know!

ok Warrior a spoon is to help pick the food from the bowl to your mouth holding the small end and putting the big end in the bowl and put it in your mouth. Get it now? I'm sure your ranger friend, the one who better stop smoking, can help you.
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 08:51
keep the bowl on the table! put the big part of the wooden thing in the bowl and put the big part of the wooden thing in your mough while holding on to the small long part! as for Strider telling you to dive in well he's a bad KING! I hope you have figured this out by now? if not I have more to teach you and if we find a big straw or cut the taters small they might go thruogh it.
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 09:30
Ú-moe edhored ['There is nothing to forgive'], RhovanionWarrior! Legolas councils that anyone can learn to be less hasty - look at the Ents. It just takes practice, patience and time (like -- centuries!). I know you eat with fingers & dagger on the battlefield, but when we're under a roof...! Dunedain! Dress 'em up, but you can't take 'em nowhere! Aragorn, be more careful with the figures of speech! -Dive in!- Your lady-friend is a literalist!
How long does it take for a Misty Mountain Monster to eat, for pity's sake!
She is a dainty eater, unlike some who go unnamed... You should have seen a certain Ranger/Heir of Someone wolf down that stew at the Isengard Gate-house! That was a great day! AND we took the smoking OUTSIDE, didn't we, Ranger?
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 10:15
[Can we get RhoW on a liquid diet??]
We were speaking of speaking in haste, not acting in haste.
At our house we blame everything on Pippin!
Strider, you know you wanted to join the Ents!
But he couldn't; his bite is worse than his bark!
(incorrigible punster - do not incorrige!)

You all missed the fun of watching Isengard crumble. I heard the weather at Helm's Deep was ... humid? Not that it was dry around Orthanc! Steamy, nasty, dirty waters! Us hobbits like our water hot and bubbly and in a tub, thank you!

[Edited on 19/2/2003 by Narulothwen]
Gypsy
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2003 03:52
Hee hee, sorry about that guys, it was late and I was utterly confused. Have slept now...clarity returns. (Returns? when was it ever there in the first place?!)

I am in fact a hobbit, yes...small but perfectly formed. There are those who believe I am a teenage girl from the North West of England, but we all know they're just hallucinating now don't we.
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2003 07:06
*gnashes teeth in joy* Ah, yes! ofcourse, no stew for me.. unelss it has man-flesh, in which I would gleefully gobble it up.. Though I doubt some of you know the recipe for man-flesh stew..

You all missed the fun of watching Isengard crumble.

..That wasn't fun at all..Many of my friends and relatives drowned in that incident.
And helms deep? funny, I don't think I've been there before.

PipPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2003 07:20
hmmmm i'm sure i'd ask strider why the heck he doesn't dump arwen for MOI! :love: also, i'd ask him he'd teach me some of those cool sword-fighting moves!
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2003 08:13
RhoW! Sit, Stay! Slide that sword right back wher it came from. PipPip can dream, can't she?

Gypsy, what were you drinking yesterday? (& do they serve it here??)

Pervy, do YOU want to see a recipe for orc flambe? Mel, he'll have the veggie plate & like it!

RhoW, you and your sword! Helm's Deep was a nice place to visit on the way back to Rivendell, but I wouldn't want to fight there! Did you SEE those caves? WOW!
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2003 09:16
Pervy, do YOU want to see a recipe for orc flambe? Mel, he'll have the veggie plate & like it!

That would probably taste pretty good, mind you. Us Orcs happens to be rather cannibalistic when we want to be, ya know.

he? (*looks around*) If your talking about me, then you are mistaken, I am a She.
And a Salad would sound quiet nice at this time of day.

Gypsy
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2003 10:49

Gypsy, what were you drinking yesterday? (& do they serve it here??)

Um...I dunno...*looks on the menu for 'Meths cocktails' *
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2003 02:03
I'll tell you what, PervyOrcFancier...after I'm finished with Saruman, I'll serve him to you on a silver platter, sound good and yummy?

Saruman on a silver platter? dear me, that does sound good.. but I don't think I'm up for that.. As Saruman was a very kind and wise wizard, atleast, when I met him he was.
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2003 05:31
We are not the place where we cook road kill! We do have some nice rabbit and sheep! oh and pervy here is your pint of ale! Gypsy as for the Meths cocktails I'll ask Barliman if we have that but i doubt it whatelse can i get you like i said above we have rabbit and sheep! We got great cooks! well as i said we got stuff here and if you want anything just scream MEL and I'll come. Warrior knows all about it! speaking of Warrior thanks for the poem me and Naru love it! Strider if she won't do the last part I will or like i said put it in the water bucket! well I'm off to the shire if anyone wants to visit it you can join me! I have to go to Bag End and to see my sister and bro-in-law Merry! i might even see Pipin if anybody has any messages to deliver I can take them over. See ya if you need anyhting ask Barliman!
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2003 06:00
Welcome to the Poetry Corner at the Prancing Pony. Tonight, we feature a lovely piece by someone who can't handle a spoon!
RhoW, Don't they teach you northerners nothing? LOL Threatening to relocate Strider's pipe, THAT was NOT so courteous! Didn't you're momma teach you better? Your brother is a near perfect gentleman, skilled in sword, bow AND spoon ("I know 64 ways to kill a man with a spoon"-- X-men comics)
Okay, the face-off between Strider's pipe & RhoW's twisty pink straw, I DON'T wanna see. The healers will NOT remove said objects from the sunless regions (& I don't mean Moria!)!!

You know what we need in Middle Earth? CHOCOLATE!
If I could bring one thing from our reality (?) to Middle Earth, it would be chocolate.

Gyspy, want a hot cocoa? It's really good!

Pipsqueak, is that a new signature line?! I love that moment & what happened right after it -- seeing Strider flipped on his royal a-----!!

Perv, sorry about the gender confusion. Truth is I try not to look at your kind close enough to tell the difference. Does salad go with hot cocoa?

Shall we send out a search party for FIGWIT? I'm beginning to worry. (Do Misty Mountain Monsters hibernate??)

Mel, tell Thain Peregrin that I still owe him for that orc bruise -- he'll know what I mean!

[Edited on 16/2/2003 by Narulothwen]

[Edited on 16/2/2003 by Narulothwen]
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2003 07:52
Warrior, don't ever bring Martha in here i might have to kill her! She is the witch king..er...queen. pumpkin soap? I'll ask Barliman! well i shall deliver my message to Pip and i'm off enjoy and when i come back i better not see martha!:angry:
:evil:=martha
:drool: sorry thinknig about Frodo!
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 06:25
I think maybe chocolate would be a bad idea...for the Hobbits anyway.
Not at all! We would love it & cherish it &...

You can HAVE an Uzi 9mm ONLY if the 1st thing you do with it is take out Martha Stewart. From Random Block:
Witchking of Angmar~
"He had a Kingly crown; and yet upon no head visible was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. And Martha Stewart was at his side."

Mel's mind was wandering! "Pumpkin SOAP?" She needs to go home & visit her fella! Aren't fellas a wonderful invention? Except for Pippin, only now and then. He's the bratty little brother that SAM never was! (But I love him anyway!)
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 06:45
Perv, sorry about the gender confusion. Truth is I try not to look at your kind close enough to tell the difference. Does salad go with hot cocoa?

Alot of people get my gender confused.. I guess its hard to tell the differance between a male or a female Orc..
Maybe you should start to look alittle closer next time, it can clear the confusion.
Hot cocoa, a salad and a pint of ale! bwahahaha.

I MUST be losing my hearing, for I swear I heard PervyOrc decline my generous offer. Keep in mind PervyOrc...he turned on Gandalf, he will turn on you too.

Depends on his mood, really.

Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 07:17
I MUST be losing my hearing, for I swear I heard PervyOrc decline my generous offer. Keep in mind PervyOrc...he turned on Gandalf, he will turn on you too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Depends on his mood, really.

You live dangerously, lady! If Saruman's mood goes sour, he only has to kill you ONCE!
I always thought orcs were sick and twisted but -- cocoa & ALE? Together? EEeeewwww! Is that the liquid fire the Uruk-hai were drinking in Rohan? Nastiest stuff I ever had to drink!! I need a hot cocoa with extra kosher marshmallows, NOW!

Hey, RhoW -*TIG*-
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 07:31
Actually, we've remained good friends for awhile.. And I was truly happy when he began his industrial ways.
It was comforting, plus, If he ever does get the notion to kill me (which, out of the long years of our friendship, he has never done) it would be harder than it seems.. as I am not the typical Orc, and I'm sure others will concur.

Hot Cocoa and Ale together is rather good, actually.. Though, not as fiery and lavishing as the Uruks own Ale..
Though judging by your random reaction, I take it that not many people outside of the Orc species do not take to kindly to that certain beverage.. *wink*
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 08:05
Hot Cocoa and Ale together is rather good, actually.. Though, not as fiery and lavishing as the Uruks own Ale..
Though judging by your random reaction, I take it that not many people outside of the Orc species do not take to kindly to that certain beverage.. *wink*
I can only speak for Myself, Merry & Pippin -- we agree that that's some nasty stuff, especially if that's ALL you get for three days on the run! Between that "happy memory" and Moria, you might guess where my well-founded prejudice of your kind comes from. Still, we can't be completely close-minded. (Right, Legolas?) Water over the dam? Would you like to try a a marshmallow in the cup, Pervy?
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 08:12
I can only speak for Myself, Merry & Pippin -- we agree that that's some nasty stuff, especially if that's ALL you get for three days on the run! Between that "happy memory" and Moria, you might guess where my well-founded prejudice of your kind comes from. Still, we can't be completely close-minded. (Right, Legolas?) Water over the dam? Would you like to try a a marshmallow in the cup, Pervy?

Prejudice sickens me..
There are benefits to the Orc-ale, as it gives a high energy boost which is well needed for certain tasks.
And no, never be completely close-minded, especially if your around me..

mm..Marshmallows.. *drools*
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email