12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The PP Pub.(KEEP)..pull up a chair and tell us what's on your mind
on: February 16, 2003 08:32
my well-founded prejudice
You have to forgive me, but I must tell you that YOU are the first orc that didn't shoot at me & my friends - or hit me & carry me off - or - see this scar on the side of my neck? I didn't get that from a bad barber! My quiver strap got sliced off & my neck got in the way. Uruk-hai! At least you're not one of those! -gulp- or ARE you! Maybe they just have too much testosterone, which -I assume- you don't. Maybe that's why I'm not having the creaps sitting with you. Us girls gotta stick together!
Right, RhoW? ? ? Put that silly straw down!!
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 08:42
You have to forgive me, but I must tell you that YOU are the first orc that didn't shoot at me & my friends - or hit me & carry me off - or - see this scar on the side of my neck? I didn't get that from a bad barber! My quiver strap got sliced off & my neck got in the way. Uruk-hai! At least you're not one of those! -gulp- or ARE you! Maybe they just have too much testosterone, which -I assume- you don't. Maybe that's why I'm not having the creaps sitting with you. Us girls gotta stick together!

(still, no matter the cause, I dislike prejudice.. and all its forms.)
*raises a brow* No, I am not an Uruk-Hai.. I am simply a female Orc from Mordor..
Ofcourse, I am not surprized by your treatment, as I am treated rather similar when I run into Elves... really, Elves and Humans are no better than Orcs when you really think about it.

^_^ And you are right, I am not a testosterone drivin maniac. (thank Melkor!) and don't think I ever will be.

Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 09:01
It IS a matter of one's perspective, no? Middle Earth Peace Accords, right here at Strider's table! I'm not sure "prejudice" is even the right word. There no "pre-" when it IS based on personal experience! Still, we should not judge an entire race/group based on personal experiences with every one we've met so far. Gimli would have missed a lot if he'd kept to his belief that elves were untrustworthy. He'd never have met the Lady of the Golden Wood! THAT was something not to miss!! *sigh* I miss that place. It will never be the same...
Next round of drinks on ME! To freindship and understanding!

[Edited on 16/2/2003 by Narulothwen]
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 09:13
Don't you find my moustache becoming? Naru...tell me that it's attractive, for it's my pride and joy!
It's leftovers from the STEW!
Testosterone is a wonderful thing in the right quanities & at the right times! RhoW, I think your brother's got a fine balance. It was your brothers who taught you that trick on the tree, right? Ents might not like that much, tho. Still, they are an un-hasty lot, & very forgiving!
Is that avatar an accurate pic of our favorite female warrior???
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 09:24
Still, we should not judge an entire race/group based on personal experiences with every one we've met so far.

It is common for an Elf to shoot and kill an Orc without hestitation.

Oh PervyOrc...whatever will I do with you? Orc-ale (**gag**).
But I guess it's no worse than lapping up tater stew like a dog, eh?

Will, for starters, you can get me a salad.
And how is lapping up stew like a dog better? I'll have you know that Orc-ale is a fine delicasy.

What's wrong with testosterone driven maniacs, anyway?

testosterone drivin maniacs *smiles a big toothy orc-smile* need I say more?

PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 09:39
PervyOrc...I AM NO ONES WAITRESS...I AM A WARRIOR! A WELL OILED BATTLE MACHINE! Delicacy schmelicacy, monkey brains are also a delicacy, but you won't find ME eating them!....so, do you want dressing on that salad, PervyOrc?

I am sorry for the misinterpretation, but you seemed to need something to do.
yes, some dressing would be nice, thank you. *cackles*
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 09:57
PervyOrc...I DO have an extra neon purple straw if you would like it...I will share with my Orc friend! Would you like to try the new "Man Flesh Chunky Dressing?"

I don't know about singing, but that twisty straw does look amusing! neon purple strars were always my favourite, especially when I was a young orc-lass.
And the mans-flesh dressing sounds delightful! I will try that.
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 10:24
Strider is a bit concerned that she may try to take you out, PervyOrc, but worry not, my friend, her sword is no match for mine.

It'll take more than a sword to take my out! so no worries, I can simply pull out my schimatar in lightning-speed if any person dares pull a knife or sword on me..
I am perfectly able to protect myself when attacked..

anyhow, strider hasn't answered my question yet.. *eyes the man dangerously* boxers? or briefs?
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 10:35
I believe I STATED earlier that I WON'T dance, don't ask me. Get the taters out of your ears & pay attention!
I AM A WARRIOR! A WELL OILED BATTLE MACHINE!
Oh, yes indeed, and some pumpkin soap will cut that oil-slick out of your hair like magic!
You even THINK that stupid song & I'll be showing you my high-kick (Might actually hit your knee!)
I think you have a crush on a certain brother of mine, Naru...perhaps we could double date?
Do NO-O-OT! We just ride together. Strider set it up. If Legolas & Gimli can share a horse & just be friends, Hannastirn & I can & do, too. Like I said, he's a gentleman! And a good singer, and has a great sense of humor for a Dunadan!
I wouldn't worry about Eowyn if I were you... but I'm not & she scares me!
That dressing is really veal, y'know, Pervy. Never trust a woman with a leftover-stew mustache, my old Gaffer always said!
Y'know, I think the 3 of us can take Eowyn down without help from any male. She just needs a guy in her life -- that isn't already taken! What do you say, Pervy? RhoW?
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 10:38
What do you say, Pervy? RhoW?

I say we devour her flesh and hang her remains in a tree.
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 10:41
I say we devour her flesh and hang her remains in a tree.
W-H-Y-????

What did that innocent tree do to YOU?
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 10:45
W-H-Y-????

What did that innocent tree do to YOU?

*gasps* your right! Tree's don't deserve that sort of torture!
...but where to put her remains? ..I don't think contaminating a river or waterfall would be an option, any ideas?
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 11:12
. And do not mistake, PervyOrc...you may have been able to protect yourself in the past, but you have never met the likes of me. Look at this sword! Thousands of your kin have been impaled upon it with my speed-so-fast-you-can't-even-see-it-coming attack. Are you afraid? Not nearly afraid enough.
But never fear, little Orc, I shall not slay you, for I have grown accustom to your face.

I'm not afraid of you at all, deary. Nor am I afraid of elves or hobbits or humans or ents.. I've seen alot of blood-shed in my life, and I have caused alot aswell.. and I will tell you again, I am NOT a typical Orc.. I never was and never will be..
And I'm guessing that you've never heard of the witch from Mordor..
Plus, I'm quite skilled with swords and daggers myself, so don't think I will be that easy to slay.. as I still have alot of vicious fight in me yet.

^_^ but ofcourse, I never liked attacking first, so aslong as we all stay on good terms, no blood-shed should happen.
Though, for you to state that you have killed many of my 'kin' with your blade, is a statement that will never be forgotten.

I hope you have the ability to apologize..

[Edited on 16/2/2003 by PervyOrcFancier]
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 11:12
ROTFL ** Lemme catch my breath! ** RhoW!!!!!! Keep your motor-oil-golden hair! Just don't lean on MY shoulder! (like you could lean that far down!) If a friend can't tell you about your mustache, would you rather it be a stranger, pointing & laughing?
Suuuure your not fancy on my brother...whatever you say.
AAa! Whatever, back!

I say we let Eowyn live! She doesn't deserve death. If she saw Strider & -say, maybe, RhoW - making out in the booth, not THAT would make her miserable for a lifetime!

Naru, I thought that was your favorite song, I could have sworn I heard you humming it.
Mel said that she was humming it! Like Frodo needs a promoter, spreading his fame all over the place! I actually have a soft spot for the "Beren & Luthien" song. I love when Strider sings it! Puts me to sleep - crying myself there. Now get Strider & Hannastirn's tenor together... We got music! I might dance for that!
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 12:29
Take this straw as a peace offering, and let us break bread, and man-flesh (in your case) together.

*takes the straw* ^^; wow! thank you! no one has ever givin me a straw before.. not least a BENDY twisty straw! always good, I say!
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 12:48
Pervy! And it's neon purple, just like you wanted!
As Naru can tell you, I have quite a short fuse
Pervy, RhoW has a short fuse, I can tell you.
I am NOT a typical Orc
Of course you aren't! You are the first orc to set aside centuries of hatred & sit at a table with humans, hobbits, and whatever else shows up and share food, drink & conversation! A toast to Pervy and to friendship!

RhoW, I have too much to do keeping peace at this table to play your little match-maker games!
Lie down on the couch and start from the beginning. (grabs my notes, pen and clipboard and sits patiently beside you). So how does that make you feel?
It makes me feel like my friend-playing-Freud needs to trade places with me, and maybe take a powder before the healers come for her with a net! *sniffle* Can we change the subject please? ( )
anyhow, strider hasn't answered my question yet.. *eyes the man dangerously* boxers? or briefs?
Yeah, Strider! Answer Pervy's question! [[ I need another cocoa & some cookies.]]

[Edited on 16/2/2003 by Narulothwen]
Gypsy
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 01:25
*strolls in, puffing on a pipe, intending to order some of that cocoa she keeps hearing about*

Hang on...what's all this? Pervy, Rhovannion? It seems as if chaos has broken lose...:dizzy:

Well if there's going to be bloodshed please give me advance warning and I'll scurry back to my hole on the double. I have no wish to be involved in fisticuffs!

Now can I have a cocoa, please?
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 01:36
It seems as if chaos has broken lose...
Gypsy, you are SO right! We tried to keep the chaos on a leash under the table, but... I think the "little girls" are settling down now, tho. [[Is it your naptime, RhoW? ]]
Sit & have a cocoa - hot or cold? Marshmallows or cinnamon? Twisty straw? [[When is Mel getting back...?]]

Barliman says NO bloodshed!! Blood ruins the wax job on the floor!
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 02:29
Of course you aren't! You are the first orc to set aside centuries of hatred & sit at a table with humans, hobbits, and whatever else shows up and share food, drink & conversation! A toast to Pervy and to friendship!

I feel special.

Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 02:39
Well, you should feel special! :love: One of a kind, you are! [[there was talk of asking us to leave, cuz you two were scaring off customers!]]
Later, we'll get some soapy water & let you and RhoW blow bubbles with your twisty straws! A less poluting version of Bilbo & Gandalf blowing smoke. I saw a guy blow smoke inside a bubble -- SO cool!! If RhoW will let Strider have a go at it... Pretty bubbles!!
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 02:44
Well, you should feel special! One of a kind, you are! [[there was talk of asking us to leave, cuz you two were scaring off customers!]]
Later, we'll get some soapy water & let you and RhoW blow bubbles with your twisty straws! A less poluting version of Bilbo & Gandalf blowing smoke. I saw a guy blow smoke inside a bubble -- SO cool!! If RhoW will let Strider have a go at it... Pretty bubbles!!

Well then, I'm sorry if we were starting to scare costumers. (lol) ^^;; but I felt something needed to be said on my behalf.
bubbles? I don't think I've heard of those before.. tell me, what are they?
~Witch_Queen_of_Angmar~
Queen of the Dark Nine
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 02:52
This is getting off track now, so I must ask you to either get back to the actuall topic (what would you ask strider), or to move this discussion to the RPG forum (as that is what it seems to be now, a roleplay).

[Edited on 17/2/2003 by ~Witch_Queen_of_Angmar~]
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 03:00
It's okay that you feel defensive. This is not a place that welcomes your kind unconditionally. You have friends here now, tho. Relax and have fun!
bubbles? I don't think I've heard of those before.. tell me, what are they?
(Soap bubbles are probably not in RhoW's experience, either, having an allergy to washing up...

Bubble defined for an orc (& RhoW)... You know when the melted rocks in the Crack of Doom get air that squirts up and goes "bloop!"? That was a bubble. You know when a dying enemy has blood trickling out of his mouth & he's still breathing and his breath makes the blood swell into a round shape and then it pops? That's a bubble. We can make them in a cup of cold cocoa, too. BUT if we use soapy water, the bubbles can float free in the air until they pop (or get popped). Lots of fun!
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 11:23
* Figwit knew it was going to be moved to the RPG Forum - see guys, I told ya! *

mmmm, what would I ask Strider? *pulls up a chair* I guess I would ask him to teach me how to track little crawling Hobbits in the mud and how to mend a tooth with superglue... Oh well, I'm sure we'd have lots of interesting things to talk about: tracking, herbs, shampoo, Arwen, sword fighting, Arwen, shampoo, Boromir (:blush

hey, PoF, since when am I complex? I am not! It's not because I'm old I'm complex... *mutters under her breath about easily impressed Orcs*

so, erm... how very out of hand has it gotten?
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2003 04:17
I get to be the first to say MAE GOVANNEN to all who make it to our new home! I'm very happy to be settled in & thank yous will be forthcoming & fifthcoming &...

I believe we were blowing bubbles when I last looked...

[Edited on 18/2/2003 by Narulothwen]
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2003 05:22
hey all. I walk back into PP and went to our corner and no one was there. Then I heard the screaming and laughing in anoher corner so I finally found you! Again I have to go talk to Barliman so anyone want anything? I'm glad to be back. Oh Naru, Pippin says he's waiting for whatever you plan to do to him. Also everyone Frodo, Merry, Sam, and Rosie say hi. Oh Strider, Frodo says not to hurt anyone! Is it song time yet? being a hobbit we love to sing and dance and I feel like singing and dancing. No we will not sing Frodo of the nine fingers but since we have Strider we and get many a great song! Well I better go and tell Barliman I'm here. Pick a song while I'm in the back!
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2003 08:07
my dear hobbit friend and Mel
I'll have you know Mel is in tears now! Mater & onion hair wash, you'll get!
Go blow bubbles with Pervy while I soothe her!
You are rubbing off on your brother if Hannastirn said anything about...! I keep my hair neatly braided all the way down to my waist when I'm riding! Just because it's gotten thicker lately doesn't mean I let it fly. Nice to have you back, Maethorien!

Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2003 08:58
That's better, RhoW. I'll save the kick for when you forget you've got one coming. Then it will be a surprise! I still haven't settled with Pippin, but he's safely in the Shire...
Since you're being good-er, would you like to try a treat that Mel brought over to the table? They are Aowyn's Fruit Rings. Five flavors:
Apple
Orange
Watermelon
Yrch (Pervy, what is THAT supposed to taste like?) &
Nectarine.
They are made by a sweet lady right here in the Prancing Pony! Try one!

Hold it!
How could I have ever suspected you without investigating the facts?
Suspected me of WHAT?!? For once you better talk FAST, warrior-girl!:angry:
Anyone else want a fruit-ring?
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2003 10:01
I know ur thick headed :cry: but that was mean to say. :cry: and I just might take you up on your offer to wait my tables. First I better let Barliman you are taking over. Now I can get a chance to talk to my old war buddy Strider!!!!!!!!!! Well have fun and just to let you know table number 5 with Bill is not the best. Enjoy!!!

*Sits down and leans on Striders arm, well forearm. -Can't reach any higher- and sighs.* I feel like I'm about to fall asleep but before I do can I have a nice pint of Hot cocoa? Ms. Wonderful!

love the pic of you and my man ( just kidding my man is that hot hobbit who i just saw) who took it? Eowyn?

[Edited on 18/2/2003 by Melilot_Bolger]
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2003 10:27
I blame lighting. I have shampoo here waiting for you and pumpkin soap but Naru says your hair color comes from the pumkin soap. We have a shower/ pond with water wheel in the back. I just hope SHE doesn't come while your back there. While your out I think Barliman will handle the tables or maybe one of my family members. Fatty is here so he can do it!

I too have an announcement! That pic you see to the left is my baby pic took about 30 yrs ago. Enjoy it! oh and RhoW we got your back incase she-freak tries anything!

as for my hot cocoa unless you got kosher marshmellows I want Whiped cream if you do then I'll have both!

[Edited on 18/2/2003 by Melilot_Bolger]
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2003 10:59
The cold-box kosher supplies have made at least 2 hobbits happy!
I love this portrait gallery everyone is adding. Spruces the place up nicely!
Yes! It's the pumpkin soap! Thanks for clearing that up, Naru, does this mean I don't have to wash my hair?
NO! It means you have to use a DIFFERENT soap for your hair if you want it the natural color! Besides, what's wrong with ORANGE hair???
is that why I so conveniently met him right outside on the road?
I thought you met long ago, like when you were born!:dizzy: I don't need anyone to help me deal with you, especially not an older brother who would likely take YOUR side, anyway?
Did you say "right outside"? Like riding around here? I've gotta go see Baran! I miss that sweet horse! Give me some of those fruit rings for Baran, will you?
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2003 11:57
I am well aware of your infamous archery skills.
INfamous? I was train by several of the best Imladris had! I've killed many a hay bale in my short time. And a few moving targets of races we shall not name out of respect for our friends here.

I don't know who fed you those cheap, syrupy romance novels, but really! As I said much earlier -do you still have taters stuck in your ears? PAY ATTENTION- We just rode together. Strider set it up. Two people can share a horse & just be friends. Hannastirn & I have. Like I said, he's a gentleman! We rode over many leagues & days & through 2 battles together. And he's a good singer, and has a great sense of humor -for a Dunadan! (Unlike his sister, I'm beginning to suspect!)
YOU, on the other hand, have a vivid- but SINGLE PATH -imagination.
I was thinking...etc.
I bet you were. Get your mind out of the marsh, girl! And you forget one thing. You are Numenorean, human, Dunedain, and as we say in these parts, "Big Folk." I, however, am still a hobbit, no matter that I have grown a foot or so taller recently. I am still of the "Little Folk." Next you'll be pairing dwarves and elves!
How could the same parents raise such a gentleman AND a- a- a DAUGHTER like you!?!
so maybe you could pretend we argued
Pretend? PRETEND!
*Breathe.* *Calm.* I am going to take a treat out to the horse. I will invite the NICE rider in, but advise him not to join THIS table because the company is a bit coarse right now. We may sit & talk awhile privately in public. How's that, little sister?

Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: February 18, 2003 07:36
Since you're being good-er, would you like to try a treat that Mel brought over to the table? They are Aowyn's Fruit Rings. Five flavors:
Apple
Orange
Watermelon
Yrch (Pervy, what is THAT supposed to taste like?) &
Nectarine.

LOL! Very funny and imaginative..be sure to get one of the new boxes next week...I've roped Saruman into advertising for me. He needs a new gig to get Orthanc flushed out.
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2003 10:44
Lady Aowyn! So nice of you to visit! I don't think these treat need a pitchman to sell them, but if you're feeling sorry for the bloke & want to give him work... I guess.

Mel, dear, you're snoring again. Strider, jiggle the hobbit & she might stop.

I'll chat with you all in a while. I have a guest.
What does that say to you?
Did someone hear a disagreeable noise, a chair creaking, perhaps? Never mind. I'm sure it was nothing!

Hannastirn, where in the realm have you been lately? I enjoy traveling, but not the battles! I noticed Baran still has his sweet tooth.

[Edited on 3/3/2003 by Narulothwen]
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2003 11:07
*feels a nudge looks up and around room* Strider, Hannastirn, Naru. Hey when did he get here? oh well good job RW at doing my job don't forget if you need help my bro is over there! Is this brother day? I think we need to get Sam. ok back to sleep. Strider you make a nice pillow. *fluffs his cloak*
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email