Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The PP Pub.(KEEP)..pull up a chair and tell us what's on your mind
on: February 18, 2003 12:25
Hi everyone! Word reached me from RhoW that Strider was here,and that I could come and quizz him on a few things.

Ah,mind if I sit down and order a pint?
Dolenaglar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2003 12:29
*A tall elf walks through the door and looks around, then spots Aragorn*

"Strider! ick, you still haven't washed your hair. RhoW told me I could find you here. I thought I wanted a glass of wine, but now I'm not so sure. Do you think next time you could at least wash the blood off your hands? You just ruined my appetite."

*She turns and waves to everyone else*

"Hey everyone, nice to see you here."
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2003 01:02
Gosh! How can so many humans fit in one building? I wish there was a pub for elves... but we only drink wine... EWWW! What's that smeeeeel??? *pinches nose in discust*

Oh, hi Aragorn. I thought I smelled, er, saw you walk in here.

"uhhuh."

Can you pleeeeease tell me where Legolas is? I tried Mirkwood, but his dad called me a "fan girl" and banished me.:evil:

"no"

*throws beer mug at him* "whatever":cry:

Well, hey you guys... Aragorn isn't very talkative today, huh?
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2003 01:38
Oops! Didnt mean to ask Strider that question! RhoW,I'll have a pint of your finest ALE Thanks!

No Fair Lady-Culin! You asked MY question!
*sits down grumbling*

Now what am I going to ask him?!Hmm,I'll have to have a drink or three and think about it.

*sits and eyes Aragorn to see what worthy bit of infomation he might have to tell*
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2003 01:40
Hey, three new faces! Mae govannen!

Goldberry, I think Strider's wondering why your first question is a drink order. He's not dispensing the drinks. Have you seen the specials here? Cocoa - hot or cold with all kinds of things to add and Aowyn's Fruit Rings. You can ask the substitute 'waitress' [ ] about the stew. She's wearing samples!

Dolenaglar, welcome to the latest meeting of Shampoo-ers Anonymous. If the hobbits hit him low and you go high, we might get him out back & clean before he can stop us!

Lady Culin, welcome to a place where we don't mind your race! I really am a hobbit & so is Sleeping Beauty under Strider's cloak.
Last I heard, Legolas was wandering around with Gimli. I haven't seen my old bow-friend since...Isengard? ... been a while. Too long. Someday, I wanna see Mirkwood...
Try the hot cocoa; it's better than wine!

Hannastirn, is that a shutter on the window making all that noise! I wish someone would bolt it shut or something. It almost sounds... human! [[*nah nah nah nah naaaaaaaaaah*]] ?? It doesn't sound like it needs anymore OIL, just shutting up! Now, you were saying...?

goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2003 02:13
Nah RohW,I think that was a fair thing to say

Anyways - CHEERS ,heres to sharing many ales together!
Umm.has Strider offered any bit of useful info yet???

*still trying to think of a good question*

So whos serving now if youre drinking with me?
elvenprincess_21
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2003 05:05
*A young maiden saunters in the pub, tentatively takes a seat*
"What's an pretty young thing like you doing around these parts?" asks someone. "It's not everyday you see someone like you in a pub!"
*The maiden smiles shyly, hands clasped on the countertop*
The man nods. "Wow...are you here to meet anyone?..."
*The maiden shrugs, long, silky dark tresses cascading over one shoulder. She looks through her eyelashes at him, playfully pursing her lips*
"I don't know. Is there anyone here to see ME?"
Man laughs. He gestures to a lone figure sitting in the corner. It is Strider.
"Who knows, he could be waiting for you. Long time he's been sitting around here, just smoking his pipe..."
*She gazes over at him, and for a moment their eyes lock. But briefly.*
*She can sense there's something different about him. But ah, there's something quite different about her...*
elvenprincess_21
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2003 05:26
*She is different from the others. Beauty and strength fused in one incredible breath. She is human, but unlike the humans of middle-earth.*
*Strider can sense her, feel her power. He can tell that she is not from this world.*
"Would you like a drink, miss?" asks the man, snapping her out of her thoughts. She agrees, and takes the first thing he offers. Other folk eye her a little bit, quite curious and somewhat uncertain. It's unknown if her identity is revealed, probably not. A ranger could feel her power, but not any ordinary folk. How is she different?....
"Penny for your thoughts," the man interrupts again, giving her a friendly smile. She nods back politely, more interested in assessing her surroundings.

Red. She's wearing a slim red dress, assymetrical cut at the bottom, almost as if it were ripped in battle. Sandles...the straps are two strings that wrap and tie around her calves...reminescent of the romans in the height of their majesty and glory. Unlike anything seen in middle earth as of yet...

She crosses one slender leg over the other, and pulls her cloak tighter.
Strider looks on, expression looming, pressing, growing increasingly urgent...
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2003 07:12
*Wakes from the sound of a weird lady talking to no one!*

Ok Warrior I'm up. I'll go ask what that lady wants.

*On my way to ask her I go get other tables` empties that Warrior forgot and my on way trips on Striders cloak and spills 3 pints of ale on her red dress.*

I'm sooooooooo sorry!!! Can I get you anything to eat or drink? The rangers in this room tell me that they feel some weird vibe from over here. By the way where is this roman you talk of? I've heard of Rohan but not Roman. I shall be back when you know what you want! If you need help deciding on what's good those actual people over there know whats good. Also Bill Ferny is not the best person to talk to. He walks away in the middle of the convo leaving you to talk to yourself! Better keep an eye on him cause you look odd from our standpoint, talking to yourself.

Warrior, Barliman wants to know if you ever plan on working here again cause lets just say my baby nephew could do better at least he goes to the other tables! He will pay you a bit for helping me out!

Fatty I thought I told you to help Warrior out!!!! I'm going to tell dad when I get away from here! Also have you gone over to the Shire yet to see Merry and Estella?

Well guys I'm back to work so I shall talk later. Thanks for your warm cloak and lap Strider! *kisses him on the cheak* don't hurt me Warrior.

[Edited on 19/2/2003 by Melilot_Bolger]
elvenprincess_21
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2003 07:30
*She looks over again at Strider, who is trying to conceal the fact that he notices her. Then she looks down at her soaked dress*
"Haven't you caused enough trouble for tonight? Hand me a towel to soak up the ale, will you please?"
*More people are coming into the pub, mostly humans and hobbits. There are no elves in sight...yet.*
"Are you an elf?" someone asks out of the blue. She turns to him and gives him a shy grin.
"Yes, I am one of the last who stayed behind. I came back to experience the great life that is drinking ale!"
A young one comes up behind her, tugging on her dress. "Wuts ur name?"
She looks over again at Strider, and then notices Warrior. She nods, acknowledging the latter. "My name is..."
Suddenly a ruckus erupts in one corner of the pub. Someone has gotten very drunk and is causing a commotion. The young maiden slips behind the bar, and watches things unfold from a distance.
elvenprincess_21
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2003 07:37
"What's going on over there, Warrior? You must be a fine hostess to be able to handle all these rowdy guests!"

*she looks down at mel, smiling and laughing*
"I've never met a hobbit before, this has been one of the first times I've ventured far from Lorien! I suppose I can excuse your clumsiness...hee hee!"

*turns to Warrior* "Who is that mysterious man you were with a minute ago? those eyes..."
Someone points out how she hasn't mentioned who SHE is.
*she looks around coyly, catching the attention of a couple of elves who have surfaced from the crowd*
"Not many know my name, as I am not from these parts. My name is Galia."
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2003 07:51
sorry Galia. if you haven't noticed we don't talk the way you do. I suggest you go back and read what we've been doing. Warrior, help! By the way I was the one working. Warrior has been only doing it for about 5 min. She has been doing a good job but she won't be doing this for long. Barliman says she is not the best he has had but not the worst. When I was a kid I did bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did just wake up before i triped. I was thinking about how i was just laying on the KING! Oh well. I'm really sorry. I would give you some clothes instead of those wet ones but I have nothing in your size.
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2003 10:06
Maethorien Rhovaniel ! Oops! Pardon my elvish! (Too many years in Imladris, I guess) Rhovanion Warrior! You say,
I "travel" with Strider the way I accuse you of "traveling" with my brother... maybe I got carried away playing cupid...forgive me?
You've forgotten that I've shared a horse with BOTH of them? I got "saddled" with your brother because Strider needed to be free to lead us all, not babysit one hobbit. I had no idea "travel" had another meaning! I am sorry about the salad plate! Fiery hair, fiery temper, as my Gaffer says. Besides, I thought the salad went well with the stew you've been wearing all day now!:blush: But I meant it when I said Hannastirn was a perfect gentleman. Ae le gohenan nin u moe edhored, qwathel nin. {{If you will forgive me, there is nothing to forgive, my sister}} We will talk more later. I don't want to add to the mayhem we've already had.

Did I hear you call Melilot "Meli-Mel"? I am so gonna use that on her some day! I didn't know she could sew! Spend all that time on the road with someone & never learn the simplest things! MEL, why weren't you helping with the mending that whole month we spent in Lothlorien? Patching the holes we got from the mines was busy work!
(I said your WHOLE name, Naru, don'tcha just love it!)
*chuckle* Yes, you did! And you said it right, too! I'm proud & honored, RhoW.

I know we couldn't have made it through all those miles and days without Strider! I was glad when he found you, RhoW. He needs a lady of equal strength, not a fair, fragile flower.

And I think this is getting WAY too deep and serious! I came here to relax, chat, have a good time with old friends and meet some new ones!
I want a big, fresh batch of Aowyn's fruit rings for all -hobbits, humans, elves & whatever may be lurking shyly in the corners! & I call dibs on the green ones!
When is the Bree Metal Forging Society Ball, this year? I want to see our proud warrior in a GOWN!! Sit, everyone, be comfortable! Enjoy!

[Edited on 19/2/2003 by Narulothwen]
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 10:44
I'm honored you called me the power hostess. You may keep the money you made! I got my reward just to be abel to sleep on strider for a few min. I had chances when we were in the fellowship together but I left with Frodo and Sam before I could! AS for my baby nephew, the only way he is better than you is cause he crawls to every table to show everyone who cute he is. Don't forget his father is Merry Brandybuck! Well since i don't have any orders from over here I better go to my other tables.
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 11:50
RhoW calm down!!!!!!! It might be some other blonde lady on a stolen horse. Maybe not. Strider stop it! Naru I don't think you can stop her! Hann run, your sister is crazy! Please take this outside cause you're upsetting the customers you haven't killed! RhoW go wait for her outside with Hann with swords and Naru go with your bow! I'll keep Strider company! Does she have anyone with her? No hobbits, men from Gondor, Rohan anyone? Oh well I better get drinks and stuff. Strider what do you think she wants? Barliman do we have a human size closet that locks? Well better go fix up some stew in case she wants any. Strider wipe the :drool: from your mouth! I'm off to hide..er..check on food!
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 11:52
Hey Mel,come back 'ere,I think I'll order some of that stew youve been talking about and another pint to go with that thanks.BTW loved how you "accidently"spilled the ale on the princesses pretty red gown hehe.

Did you guys know that Aowyns Fruit Rings are becoming famous? Passed some guys place on the way here,um what was his name ? Saru..,Saru..,Saruman and he's got this billboard thingy happening telling of the virtues of THE RINGS!

RohW,like the sound of those party favours,the diamond thingy sounds good.Put me down as coming alright.What are you goin to do about the blond wench thats comin up the road?

*looks at Strider who is smiling broadly*

Um,I think he's going to enjoy watching a good cat fight!
Mel hurry up,Im thirsty!
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 12:02
*brings out stew,pint of ale, and drip bucket.*

Here you go Goldberry, stew and drink and for you Strider, drool bucket. I think he is having fun watching his girls fight for him except me I don't care who wins but my money is for RhoW. I should be out there figthing for his love but I have Frodo!

*Brings out a board for a betting pool!*

I have all my tips on RhoW. Any takers?
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 12:30
Okay Mel.Ill take you up on that bet.I'll put 50 shire pennies on RohW.This should be good! Cant wait to see her kick the blonde ones ass!

*looks at Strider still smiling*

You should be ashamed of yourself Strider,typical male!

mmm,this stew aint half bad,um think Ill need another pint to go with this - hic

Um,I dont want to alarm anyone,but did you guys know that theres an orc sittin at the table?

still tryin to think of suitable question to ask Strider,must be something his good for,wicked thought entering mind,too much ale.Mel better make that one of them cocoas,complete with marshmallows,blah blah blah....
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 12:59
Unless the blonde bets on herself, I don't think anyone can cover those bets. I'm not getting into this. Betting on a sure thing is boring.
Hold me back, Naru,
Yeah, like I'M gonna be able to do that! Hannastirn & I will sit here with Goldberry. sipping hot cocoa & watching the fur fly.
Goldberry, what's your favorite flavor of Fruit Rings? Even a pitchman like Saurman can't ruin them!
RhoW, Hann told me you kids were taught to be responsible for the manitainance of your own weapons, so sharpen it yourself! Ha! You ain't BAAD, girl, you are TERrible!
Strider, scoot over! I can't see around you.
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 01:10
Jus cause Im gettin tipsy,doesnt mean you can con me into pokin an orc with a fork! Haha,thats funny! It rhymes and I must be gettin tispy if Im laughin at my own jokes!The ball sounds great and I sure like the sound of them neon straws and all,but fightin to the death?

*pokes the orc with fork*

Mel dont bring that pillow yet.Not ready for sleep,need more entertaining! Isnt Barliman goin to get a little upset with that graffiti youre carvin on the floor RhoW??

Naru I havent tried them yet,dont know if they go with ale.Sorry cant say full name.too tipsy.Mel,bring some fuit rings please...
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 01:22
Goldie, dear, RhoW Dunks them in her ale! I like the green one, apple is just a hobbit favorite, I guess. Be careful of the yellow one, tho. No one can identify the flavor. Orcs AT the table are no big deal. Under the table, you gotta watch your ankles! ON the table means they are the main course! 'Naru' is just fine.
Rhow, you'll just dull the point on that sword!
Dolenaglar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 01:50
I think I'll go ahead and have that glass of wine now, Mel. Red please, if you don't mind. RhoW, when you fight Eowyn, make sure not to get any blood on the floor. I don't know who's worse about blood; the MMM or Barliman. Although Strider seems to find it attractive. *Looks at his hair meaningly*
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 01:54
Elvis has left the building
, Yeah, but you spelled it wrong: ELVES have left the building, wretching, along with your people, my people & some I've never been sure of!

Hann, 50 lashes wasn't enough! Wanna try again?

Y'know, guys, I don't think that's an orc at all. It might be someone's nasty, mangy, bloody-dirty *poke with RhoW's wooden spoon* cloak?
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 02:12
*claps Loudly*

Yeahh!Thanks for the poem RohW,that was great!
Um,I tought that orc felt a little soft when I poked it,youre right I think that could be someones smelly cloak.Time for another ale gotta try dunkin those fruit rings in it!

Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 02:17
well first of all Dolenaglar I don't know if we have any red wine but i think our friend Strider does. I'm glad you are better RhoW. alright so when is she getting here? I don't know what that thing is but it has said some things and then it just stopped moving. RhoW since you can't figure how to use a spoon maybe you can use it to hurt the blonde! Hey giving the purple straw to orc helped out you guys maybe if you give one to her she'll listen to you.

*brings out another pint for Goldberry and some fruit rings*

[Edited on 20/2/2003 by Melilot_Bolger]
elvenprincess_21
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 03:04
*wakes up*

Omigod, I seem to have fallen asleep for a bit here...Warrior, who's this blonde one you speak of? and a society ball? Can anyone come? I'd have to literally scrounge around for something to wear, especially seeing as I left all my other clothes in Lorien...
Dolenaglar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 03:25
It's all right Mel. I don't want to ask Strider for any wine, since it might have blood and dirt in it (again eyes his hair as if itching to wash it) so I'll just have a cup of hot cocoa if that's all right. And marshmallows too, please. And I'd also like to try some of those fruit rings. *Looks from Strider's hair to that of RhoW, as if suddenly considering something*
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 06:37
"Welcome to the Prancing Pony Pub: home of Aowyn's Fruit Rings, cocoa - hot & cold, and the Neon Twisty Straws of Peace!"
Yeah, I wanna be known for all that AND the site of the Battle of the Blondes for Strider! This is why I left Imladris! This is why I left the Shire! This is why I left my bed this afternoon! Bring on the Maiden of Rohan who dared cast her eye on our Personal Pillow! Like I said earlier: I wouldn't worry about Eowyn if I were you... but I'm not you & she scares me!

RhoW - a side bet, Maethorien! If Eowyn lays a blade on you at all we get to wash & style your hair with the soap of our choice! I'm confident you can take her, so what do you say?
Nut crackers unite!!!
RhoW! Chose your words more carefully! I saw most of the men in the room draw up their knees when you said that!
And your poem... sorry. I spent too must time around the greatest poet of our time - Master Bilbo! (need proof that he was the best, you just had to ask him - modesty not among his virtues!) Between him & Lord Elrond's minstrels, I've heard some of the good stuff. Yet there is hope for your verse-crafting... (hope that you'll quit trying...) What? I didn't say anything.

[Edited on 20/2/2003 by Narulothwen]

elvenprincess_21
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 06:46
really? mel, could you make me a dress? seeing as there's ale on my current one, lol...that would be great! I'd say I'm about a size 6...is that considered big around these parts? I know quite a few elves much smaller than I...

hmm, someone carrying a torch for strider! what do you have to say about that? *turns to strider, he is absorbed in his pipe* I c...someone told me he was already smitten...I'm going to have to check in with my elven companions and see...word has it she's an elf as well.

im with you on that one, naru, im sure Warrior could take this eowyn...haha, does she come around these parts often? Strider here has so much more to choose from than just a girl with a crush...or an obsession!
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 07:32
Dolenaglar, how do you like the hot cocoa? I'm getting a warm-up for mine & some cinnamon. It's good that way! Need anything while I'm up? Fresh marshmallow? I was wondering where are you...
*Stops, tilting head up, listening hard*
Is it starting to rain?

RhoW, I will confirm that Lord Glorfindel was the rider who sought the boys, and Mel was there with them, not I. Arwen was in Imladris the whole time.
Much thanks and props go to Naru on that smoting.
Please don't lay that burden on me alone! I was one of many that day. Lord Elrond need never know the details. I owe him so much. That pain is best hidden from him! (And I thought I was in trouble with HIM for sneaking off with Mel to join the Fellowship.)

Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 10:11
One thing Galia, I didn't make the dress. I have connections and found the dress! So many ppl come into PP so I get things I need or want from travelers. I got an elivish necklace from Stirder. If you want a dress go over to table 9 and ask Bob. Tell him Mel sent you.

RhoW I don't like the way that scroll read. Strider, what do you make of this? Well I can't wait to see the fight! I think that you need to get rid of both girls and join me in the Shire or go to Rivendell and find your high school sweet heart Arwen, Strider! Now don't hurt me for saying this RhoW, but right now you AND Eowyn are sounding a bit crazy!

*brings Dolenaglar the hot cocoa with marshmellows and a cookie for being so nice! Also brings out a busket of fruit rings for everyone on the house AKA the Bolger family!*
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 10:47
*runs to the back to the blender and throws in lots of fruit rings and 2 raw eggs. Also with a blue neon twisty straw !*
There you go, Warrior, enjoy! I know Eowyn is a fruit loop but I'm not putting her in the blender! I think your lying about Arwen!!!!!!!!!!!! She was so sweet when I met her in Rivendell. I'm telling you if we went to Rivendell and talked to Elrond he would tell us where she is! They are all there alive! Frodo is in the Shire and Elrond and family are in Rivendell, ALIVE!!!!!!!!!! So there!
*Kisses Strider and whispers something to him that no one can hear.*
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 11:30
I'm glad u like the straw. As for my whisperings if i told you what we were talking about it wouldn't be secretive!
Dinturion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2003 02:11
OOC: Please ingnore the other one I posted. Mistake. Sorry.

IC:*a deep voice apears from nowhere* Ok, I have heard enough to peak my curiosity.
*To anyone who turns to voice, Now sees an Elf that was not "there" before. Height 6'2", Black Hair, Black eye make-up. At glance of trying to guess Age, looks would be comperable to Elrond's*

I heard something of an interesting fight, and something of "This should never get back to the great Elves" I am no "Great" Elf, but I am Old enough to fair close. Please, fill me in.

*spots Aragorn, and gives proper Elf salute* A pleaser to see you once more, Estel, my young friend.
Dolenaglar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2003 05:32
*Dolenaglar opens her eyes and stretches blearily*. What? Oh, sorry, Naru, I must have dozed off. I haven't slept in a fortnight, so I hope you excuse me. Oh! Cookie! I do so feel loved now. Did you say something else about Strider and wine? Wel, I guess I can ask him.,

Strider, dear? Do you suppose you could maybe share some of that lovely red wine Legolas gave you? No? Please? Do I need to sing "It's a Small Middle Earth" in orkish foor you? Didn't think so. Now hand it over! *smiles* Gee, I love that threat. Works every time.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email