Register

<< First89101112Last >>
Author Topic:
pippin_lovin_fool
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The talented Elijah Wood
on: October 10, 2005 02:08
Wow, thanks, Linwe!!!!! That reaally is a great site! i am normally a Dom fan (though i have a few posters of Lij....one with him w/o his shirt :drool: ....go me!) but i am slowly succoming to Lij's charm....that site is now bookmarked...great link! Now, back on topic. I have seen almiost all of lij's films (except Sin City.....but i have a feeling its going to be great, i just got it off netflix). Also, could anyone tell me what his role was in that movie..big or small part and who did he play? I have seen radio flyer, the good son, deep impact, flipper, the faculty, and of course LotR. I have to say that for as young as he was when he made those movies, he did a hell of a good job!!! i look forward to more stuff from him.
hobbitnamedeliza
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2005 02:52
Thanks for the tip, Linwe! Really nice site--some good stuff over there...including the trailer for RINGER! ....and I thought there was nothing to look forward to this November! Can't wait!

I'm also going to move this over here:

Okay....reposting:

I Saw Elijah Wood interviewed last night on Tavis Smiley (PBS). They were talking about his new film EVERYTHING'S ILLUMINATED. Elijah seemed his usual self--he maybe looked a little tired; but he seemed very enthusiastic about the film. I was wondering if anyone had seen it yet? I'm lucky to have an "art" theatre where I live, but I don't think it's playing yet...can anyone comment?

LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: October 11, 2005 07:01
Your'e welcome..

I can't shed much light on his new film...(I really didn't intend that pun). I'm also eagerly awaiting its arrival in my humble town. We get most everything, but if it's considered too 'arty', I don't know if it'll come here. It's in the major cities already.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
IloveFrodoBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2005 06:33
Girls, did you saw the CNN video with Lij? He basically explained about his Everything is Illuminated film and when the interviewer asked him: Do you miss Frodo? he didn't answer that question with a yes or no. He only said: It's time to move on, but he misses the people and his experience in LOTR.
I like Lij, he seems to be a really nice person. I really loved him as Frodo.
Roheryn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2005 05:51
I managed to see both Everything is Illuminated and Elizabethtown this past weekend. Two very different but both enjoyable films.

Elijah is delightful as Jonathan. He (and the film) makes you laugh and makes you cry. I have been waiting rather impatiently for this film since I read the book last year. I couldn't imagine it as a film, but they did it! It's a great film. And as usual Elijah does not disappoint, the kid continues to be a marvelous actor.

I also liked Orlando's Elizabethtown, but Lij's was my favorite of the two.
Skadhi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2006 01:49
I must say, Elijah doesn't have a very good taste in choosing movies.(Come on, Sin City anyone?) He is a good actor, no doubt.
There's no Elijah like Frolijah
Everything is Illuminated seems good too.

[Edited on 5/6/2006 by Skadhi]
Lady_Dreamer
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2006 03:59
Elijah is one of the best actors, but Frodo was my favorite character of his.
Gwaihir_Goldenfeather
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 02, 2006 05:11
Oh no! Don't die thread! Don't die! I just got here! *pummels thread in desperation*:cry:
Well, I'm going to post anyway, even if this thread IS a little old. Tsha! People. How can you just stop talking about Elijah Wood?????

Anyways, I just wanted to say that (many years ago)when the first movie came out, I saw a preview for it at a bookstore. Up until then I had only read magazine articles about it, and, being the book fan that I am, I was quite worried. All the magazine pictures of the hobbits (who have always been my favourite characters) didn't look right...or rather, they just looked like handsome boys dressed in baggy clothes with fake ears and hairy feet. I wasn't even sure that I wanted to go see the first film, afraid of the disappointment I would get.

Then I came into this bookstore and actually saw a preview for the film, with the acters actually acting their parts, and I was awestruck. But what captured my attention wasn't the set, scenery, script, or any of that. I was captivated by the performance of a small young man with dark curly hair and huge, almost alien blue eyes--Elijah Wood. For me, in that three-minute preview, my mental image of him was suddenly changed from pretty young man to Frodo--the hobbit whom I had always loved most.

I'm not in love with Elijah Wood. However, I am in love with the beautiful and tender performance he gave on screen. He brought my Frodo alive in my eyes, and continued to do so throughout the movies. Yes, there were flaws, but those don't matter so much to me. What really matters is that now, when I think of Frodo, I think of Elijah Wood's performance of him...something that couldn't have ever happened if that performance hadn't touched me so deeply.
Gwai
Skadhi
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2006 09:17

I'm not in love with Elijah Wood. However, I am in love with the beautiful and tender performance he gave on screen. He brought my Frodo alive in my eyes, and continued to do so throughout the movies. Yes, there were flaws, but those don't matter so much to me. What really matters is that now, when I think of Frodo, I think of Elijah Wood's performance of him...something that couldn't have ever happened if that performance hadn't touched me so deeply.

Well said Gwaihir...... I'd have posted something like that if I wasn't this LAZY

Gwaihir_Goldenfeather
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 10, 2006 08:08
Thanks, Skadhi!

Would someone be able to give me a review of Everything is Illuminated ? I know (from reading the posts above) that quite a few of you have watched it, so if you could just give me a few quick lines about it, that would be great! I would really like to hear an Elijah Wood fan's impression of the film. Also, could you let me know if there is any "immature content." I prefer not to watch films that have inappropriate scenes, and some of Elijah's other films (*cough* Sin City and Try Seventeen *cough*) fall into that category.
Much appreciated!
Gwai
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2007 10:55
So this is the Elijah thread... And I'm his fangirl since I discovered his Frodo. Though at first I saw him in Back to the Future II, he was a cute little kid.

But he has been acting since he was eight years old, so I don't wonder why he is doing such great job in the movies. And his eyes are more than the windows to his soul. They're so expressive.

I think that he fits well in description of the books, both in looks and nature. Some people call him Frodo, and if it's a nickname, it's a well earned nickname.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2007 02:19
Elijah is like the real live Spider Man! I mean they dangled him from something....you know so that it looked like he was being attacked by the Watcher, pretty crazy.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: March 26, 2007 09:45
Yes! He was dangled from a crane. Among the documentaries on the theatrical version DVD is a shot of Elijah being hauled up. He has only a foam cuff round one ankle and is dragged along the ground and swung upside-down, just off the ground. People caught him at this point. I wonder how many takes there were of that. Later he was dangled head-down from the crane high above the water so that he could thrash about and scream. Sean Astin had visions of multiple dislocations ... but then Sean is a worrier. Elijah isn't!

These shots are not on the EE, which is a shame.
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2007 02:19
By the way, did you know that Elijah has based his own record label, called Simian records. The first band signed to it was the Apples in Stereo, and Elijah directed the first music video of Simian...

Wiew by clicking

Edit: Or if that did'nt work, try YouTube link

[Edited on 27/3/2007 by Lorienel]
Esmerelda~Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2007 05:35
Hey! Isn't it obvious I'm a fangirl? lol. Well, I've seen around 7 of his movies! Let's see, the most recent one (saw it yesterday, actually) is the 1997 Oliver Twist with Lij as Dodger. Love him as that character! :drool: :disco: I've fallen into talking with that accent of his; can't stop myself! Before that I saw Flipper. Everyone seems to hate that movie! Why?! I guess It's cuz I'm a Florida girl and love dolphins and the Keys and stuff, so it was great to see him around what I love. Plus he did a great job in it and was highly cute (what's new?). I also saw The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Adorable movie! It's not exactly like the book, but unless you read it first, who cares? lol, jk. Also saw Happy Feet just to hear his voice, but I didn't love that movie.
Deep Impact was a great storyline, but I was disapointed with how much unecessary swearing there was. Other that that, great acting from Lij. (Can't say the same for Tea Leoni) Well, that's about it. I know, I'm insane. I'm kind of new to this fangirl thing. I'm 14, and never really fell into it. Didn't see any movies with hot guys til PotC 1. But yeah, Lij is amazing!! :drool: *Hugs The Artful Dodger*
T-hee!
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2007 12:14
Elijah Wood is definitely talented. I haven't seen all of his films, some are a little *cough* strange. But those I have seen, especially when he was a child, I have thoroughly enjoyed.

'Forever Young', I reckon is my favourite.... he is so adorably cute. And *I* like 'Flipper', EB. Lovely film, Paul Hogan is great. He was extremely good in 'The Faculty', spookily so. Never got to see 'Oliver Twist', looks like it was on US TV and I don't think it made it to the UK. I bet he made a great Artful Dodger.

'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'. Good performance but a little quirky. :twitch: I haven't seen 'Happy Feet' yet, not sure about it, really, not a cartoony person really, despite whose voices they are.

*thinks* Wasn't there a couple or three other films I saw with Elijah in, hmmmmm ... what were they. Oh, of course. ' Lord of the Rings'. *sigh*

It's those eyes!!!! And that smile!!! :heart: budump, budump, budump :heart:
Sunstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2007 12:17
Nice to see the Elijah thread at the top of the forum.

I recently rented "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" and enjoyed it for Elijah's sake, although I found the story laughably unbelievable and wouldn't recommend it to anyone if they were just after a good film to watch.

The one I'd really like to see is "The Bumblebee Flies Anyway" but I don't think there's much chance of that as I understand it wasn't released in the UK. Is that right?
Esmerelda~Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2007 08:28
Glad to see someone other than me likes Flipper! And sorry about Oliver Twist, it's a great movie.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2007 01:58
hmmm, I actually haven't seen mant movies with Elijah in them, I didn't even know who he was until LotR, but I saw a movie in the movie rental store that had him on the cover and he's like a gangster or something, he looks mega hot!
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Esmerelda~Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2007 04:24
Not, a gangster. A super cute pickpocket! It's so funny every time he starts speaking to someone and secretly grabs their wallet. As a matter of fact, I liked his character so much I made this avatar and added a quote of his to my signature, as you know. Well, hope you get a chance to see it! One of the best movies (other than LotR and PotC ) I've ever seen!
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2007 10:22
It's those eyes!!!! And that smile!!! :heart: budump, budump, budump :heart:

Tell me about it. :heart:

(There was a rumour that Elijah is now married but it turned out to be april fools... )

[Edited on 3/4/2007 by Lorienel]
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2007 10:22
Oh. My. Gosh. I LOVE Elijah Wood! I can't believe I haven't found this thread already!

I saw Happy Feet only because he was in it, thought he did a terrific job as Mumble.
Esmerelda~Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2007 06:50
(There was a rumour that Elijah is now married but it turned out to be april fools... )

That would have killed me!!!
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2007 06:57
I saw Happy Feet because Elijah was in it too, but I loved the movie and thought it was cute. He was the only penguin with blue eyes!:love:

wow, it would have been weird if Elijah was married, that would have been sad because that would mean that I wouldn't have a chance, lol! :drool:
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2007 08:56

That would have killed me!!!

Well here's the april fools interview. It's from http://elijah.netg.se/.
DailyNews24 had a tiny, small report in a recent article of theirs, and Elijah was mentioned. The short article reports that Elijah is getting married on the 26th April, around the same time his new film Day Zero will premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival. Here is what they have to say about it.

Lord of the Rings star Elijah Wood, a well known actor in Hollywood, has reportedly lately been seen with a dark haired woman, not much older than himself. Elijah has previously dated 7-year-older german actress Franka Potente and has been rumoured dating actress Bijou Phillips. In a recent interview with DailyNews24, Elijah revealed some information about his past, including his lovelife.

- I was drunk, I didn't know what I was doing. It just happened. She was 17 and I was far too young. One night in Vegas and it just happened. We got a divorce one day later, when we both realized what we'd done. I never told anyone before. We decided it was best to keep it a secret. What always makes me laugh and not cry at the thought is that Billy asked me if she had a sister, she was a real bomb you see. The freakish thing was that she actually had an identical twin. Both Billy and Orlando got crazy 'n wild that night.
... Elijah comments on his accidentally marriage with an young american girl he'd met in New Zealand while filming Lord of the Rings. But this time it's for real.

- Oh I already bought the ring and all. We got married last month, in Venice ... I've always loved Italy. I had a break off "Oxford Murders" and thought "Oh what the heck. I'm already 26". So we took a flight and just did it.

The wedding was kept short due to the filming of Oxford Murders. Guests who attended included Liv Tyler, Marianne Jason, Dominic Monaghan, Karen Wood and Mandy Moore. Ozzy Osbourne sang a duet with his daughter Kelly to honour the newly weds.

- I've only been married two times before. The second time it held for about 4 months. It was just a teenage crush I had. Her name was Anne. Amazingly, the press never found out! We were very discreete. Eventually, Anne, ohh by the way, who was a chef, decided she wanted to quit her job and move to Rwanda to work with the mosquitoelarvas breathing process. She was very intrugued by them and we decided to part as friends. I didn't wan't to go. I mean I loved her but who is going to hire an actor in Rwanda!

The more I read it the more sure I am that this guy is not Elijah.

[Edited on 4/4/2007 by Lorienel]
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2007 10:30
Man that was weird.... :twitch: I would have died too!
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2007 10:59
Man that was weird.... :twitch: I would have died too!

Yeah... good that I was'nt eating anything at the first time I read it, I would have choked in my food! Because I was that surprised. He is dating, though.

But whatever Elijah does, I want him to be happy. Because I'm a fan.

[Edited on 4/4/2007 by Lorienel]
Eorlinga
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2007 12:56
I´m Lij´s fan. Some pics of a new film of Lij
http://www.lashorasperdidas.com/index.php/2007/04/11/fotos-nuevas-de-los-crimenes-de-oxford-murders/
This film have been derected by Alex de la Iglesia.

This pics are of Day Zero.
http://salwood.livejournal.com/865800.html

Thanks>

[Edited on 16/4/2007 by Rosearialelven]
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2007 10:45
Gosh those are SO FREAKING HOTT!!!! *Practically drools a river*
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2007 11:10
he is mega hot! *sigh* :drool:
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2007 11:00
*lies in a pool of drool* *ba dum ba dum ba dum* Be still my heart!!! Can you believe those eyes!!

*drags herself away before she makes a complete idiot of herself*

[Edited on 17/4/2007 by Rosearialelven]
Eorlinga
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2007 12:00
A link of the oficial page. There is trailler
http://www.dayzerothemovie.com/
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2007 10:09
I have seen the trailer. You can actually see in the trailer how his hair is being shaved off!

He's ready for sacrifices what comes to his look. Another proof that he's an excellent actor.
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2007 10:46
Oh gosh...*Drools over the super-hott voice and face* That was a great trailer!
I'm a little sad that he shaves his hair...
Esmerelda~Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2007 12:08
What's the deal with "North"? I don't know anything about it, aside from the fact that Elijah was in it.
<< First89101112Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email