<< First910111213
Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The talented Elijah Wood
on: April 18, 2007 01:50
hmmm, I don't know either, but I think I've heard of it....not sure Esmerelda
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2007 12:47
Apparently 'North' was a film Elijah made in 1994, starring Bruce Willis amongst others. A supposedly 'feel good family comedy'. Lij was 13 years old, playing an 11 year old.

However, although North was deemed a flop at the box office,:O Elijah was praised as the only good thing to come out of that movie. ...... Of course!! :love:
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2007 10:26
One time I saw a movie at Walmart, I think it was called "The War" was like freaking out and going "OMG it's Elijah when he was a kid!!"

[Edited on 4/19/2007 by MerryandPip]
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2007 02:02
From HollywoodReporter.com:

Wood to produce 'Black Wings'

Elijah Wood is making his first foray into producing, teaming with Anthony Moody and Rob Malkani's Indalo Prods. to bring to the big screen an adaptation of Elliott Chaze's legendary noir novel "Black Wings Has My Angel."

The script is being penned by Barry Gifford ("Wild at Heart," "Lost Highway") and writer-producer-director Christopher Peditto.

Chaze was a newspaperman and columnist in Mississippi who wrote books on the side. "Angel," published in 1953, is considered one of the shining lights of the Fawcett Gold Medal paperback line and a pulp classic.

The story centers on an antihero, an ex-convict, who stages a daring armed car robbery in Colorado with the help of a call girl whom he picked up in a backwoods Mississippi motel.

The book was out of print for about 50 years and Peditto spent 10 years chasing down and securing the film rights.

"It's the material," said Wood, summing up why he decided to dip his foot into producing waters. "I've always been intrigued by noir novels and noir films. I love that style. And to unearth something from that era that hasn't been made into a film or is not a remake is really exciting. It's a lost classic."

"Angel" reunites Wood with Indalo, the producers behind his recent "Day Zero," which is set to have its world premiere this month at the Tribeca Film Festival. That experience also helped in his decision to become a producer.

"It's an easy way to cut your teeth when you're going it with someone you're familiar with," he said.

The film is set to lens this year, with MBS Prods. and Amaranth also on board to produce. Wood does not plan to star in the picture, whose casting will get under way shortly.

Wood recently wrapped production on the crime thriller "The Oxford Murders" in London and is lending his voice to the Shane Acker animated film "9." Additionally, he recently started his own record label, Simian Records, signing indie rock bands Apples in Stereo and Heloise and the Savoir Faire.

Wood is repped by WMA and Stone, Meyer & Genow.

[Edited on 20/4/2007 by Lorienel]
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2007 03:33
Thanks Lorienel.

Sounds awesome. Well, Lij may as well try out all the pies.

For him to say that he like novels noir or the film noir genre, doesn't really surprise me. 'The Faculty', 'Eternal Sunshine' and others shows his seeming interest.

I think he is capable of doing a good job at producing. Is he going to appear in it?
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2007 05:35
Well, he's producing it, but I have'nt heard of him being part of the cast.

By the way, if you want to see Elijah reading "Me And My Cat" to kids, you can find it in http://www.storylineonline.net/

Sean Astin is there too reading "Bad Case of Stripes".

MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2007 11:06
I didn't know Elijah produced movies, I just know he was in the music producing business.
I laughed at Me and My Cat, it was so cute to watch him read it.
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2007 11:21
I didn't know Elijah produced movies, I just know he was in the music producing business.
I laughed at Me and My Cat, it was so cute to watch him read it.

Yeah the movie producing news is still new, we just found out couple of days ago.

I love Me and my Cat video, and Sean is also good.
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: April 21, 2007 06:05
Thanks for the info, Lorienel.

I've seen a few pics of Elijah in "Day Zero"... However, I really hate seeing him with his head shaved. It just ain't right.

I recently purchased the movie "Everything's Illuminated" since it never came to our local theaters. I love it ~ quirky, sweet, and moving. I found myself actually envying the dog in it because EW gave him a forehead kiss. Imagine....envying a dog...LOL. :drool:
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2007 06:12
*Laughs* I always envy people in movies who get kissed by hott guys...
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2007 08:01
Hot guys? Yeah, he definitely is one!

He's a sexy angel.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2007 11:25
Dear Elijah far exceeds all that we say about him. Well in my book anyway. *sigh*

I was watching tv this morning before leaving for work and noticed that 'The War' was on the movie channels. *remote control flick*. Wow, wowowow!! You have got to see it if you get the chance.

Elijah was 13 years old and is the most amazing actor!! He puts his heart and soul into his work. The other kids in it were good, well very good, but Elijah shone just that bit brighter!

I was late for work....but oh my, it was worth it. :love:

Eorlinga
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2007 12:00
Well, he's producing it, but I have'nt heard of him being part of the cast.

By the way, if you want to see Elijah reading "Me And My Cat" to kids, you can find it in http://www.storylineonline.net/

Sean Astin is there too reading "Bad Case of Stripes".

thank you for the link, i like very much
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2007 12:07
Ooops, sorry, yes I meant to say thanks for the link too, Lorien. It's great to see and hear Lij and the lovely Sean reading ... wait a minute, they were reading! What ... reading stories ... oh yes, of course. Lol!!
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2007 03:24
You're welcome. Here's another update.

Elijah has completed the voice-acting job for an animated sci-fi movie called Nine. It's produced by Tim Burton and directed by Shane Acker. Elijah gives his voice to the main character called 9.

9 was originally released in 2005 as an animated short feature and it was nominated for an Oscar. There's no dialog in original one, but now it's being remade into a full length animated film with dialog.

You can watch the original short movie here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=964QHmjLqa0. (10 minutes long)

More... ShaneAcker.com

Plus... movie stills from his new movie Oxford Murders:

[Edited on 24/4/2007 by Lorienel]
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2007 10:44
Awesome pics!!
Sunstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2007 10:55
He does serious-and-thoughtful so well, doesn't he? :love:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2007 11:10
*sigh* he does..... :drool:
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Eorlinga
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2007 11:01
pay atention to this video:heart::heart:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbtmojEe8NI&NR=1
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2007 03:37
Whoa!! Men*ace*. Does he make a great hooligan or what!! Although one shouldn't condone hooliganism. *cough*.

I think he has the most expressive eyes and eyebrows!! Beats Elrond....Lol!!

I always felt shivery when he is debating whether to throw the ring into the fires of Mount Doom, when he gets that wild look on his face.

The boy has talent oozing from his fingertips. Oh, and I adored the pic near the end of the vid, of the four bad boy Hobbits.

Thanks Eorlinga. :love:
LinweSingollo
Send Message
on: April 26, 2007 06:32
ohhh...myyyyy...wow....
great pics:love: I will definitely have to see this movie!
I agree about the eyebrows, Rose. Elrond's got nothing on him. He can say so much with those eyes and brows of his.

"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Esmerelda~Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2007 10:27
Love the pics! :drool:
Hey, today I had testing for homeschoolers, and when I was doing my punctuation test there was an example and one of the names was Elijah. I kind of just stared at the page a while, even if it wasn't a picture. And last night I had a dream that I met him and he hugged me. That's pretty sad... lol. In my dream I was like "wow, now I can tell everyone I met Elijah Wood" but then I heard my mom screming at me to get up and I almost cried.:cry: lol.
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2007 11:52
Cool vid! *Rocks to the electric guitar and drools over "emo Lij"*

Lij is in the 'hood!
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2007 07:12
There's this brick thing going on, and I just thought I'd spread the word to fans could show their strength together...

Top Dog City is a virtual city, where you can build a house for your favourite celebrity. The celebrity with the most bricks placed in the year will be named Top Dog. Just be careful following the rules. You can place only one brick a month.

The new season of the city started June 1st.

To visit Top Dog City, click here: http://www.topdogcity.com/.
To give Elijah's building a brick, click here:http://www.topdogcity.com/elijahwood1.htm.

Have fun & good luck.

[Edited on 27/4/2007 by Lorienel]
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2007 11:14
I added a brick!
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2007 12:20
I noticed you did.

By the way, take a good look at this picture...

Image Image

[Edited on 30/4/2007 by Lorienel]
Esmerelda~Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2007 03:32
That... doesn't... really look like him for some reason.
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2007 06:20
That's probably because the lighting and his weight. He has lost a lot of weigh for his roles recently. But the *thud* was for his eyes once again. :heart:

And for playing Iggy Pop next he has to lose weight even more. Which makes me kind of sad. At least don't starve him!
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2007 10:16
Poor guy, I feel kinda sorry for him...
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: April 30, 2007 10:45
The reason it doesn't look quite like Elijah may be because it's a flip-shot. Look at the words on his t-shirt!
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2007 12:20
I notice that too, cirdaneth. Although, I flipped the pic and Elijah's face looks the same. Maybe it's because his eyes look brown. Heck, brown eyes, blue eyes, thin, cuddly. Who cares. Lol!!
LinweSingollo
Send Message
on: April 30, 2007 01:38
Backwards, forwards, upside-down...I recognized him right off....LOL. :drool:

[Edited on 30/4/2007 by LinweSingollo]
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2007 01:13
That pic actually made me wonder... how long are his eyelashes?
Eorlinga
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2007 05:50
It´s a romour, In a newspaper I have read that Leonor, The co-star of Crimenes in oxford is embarrased. The name of the father has not been extended. I don´t want to say that Lij is the father, but she is embarrased is true. I don´t like romours, but i have wanted to share this whit you. If somebody know something about that put the coment.Thank you

[Edited on 3/5/2007 by Eorlinga]
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2007 10:48
If that was true then... ...but I don't think it's true.

What newspaper is that rumour from?

I posted that ahead to my fellow Elijah fans in a site where they are good in solving rumours like that. I can forward their answers here.

Crimes in Oxford? You mean Oxford Murders? :twitch:

[Edited on 3/5/2007 by Lorienel]
<< First910111213
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email