Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: any nordic people?
on: September 11, 2006 02:43
Yes, the summer was indeed amazing! I went to Sweden for 4 weeks all in all, and we only experienced bad weather 2 afternoons! Else it was almost 30 degress all the time!

But it's been great weather here in Denmark all summer, although August was the third most wet August in 140 years here!

And now it's been 15-20 degress, except these days where it's been a bit over 20 degress...

Well, just started my senior year at High School! And it's great, but I know what you mean about much homework! Wow, sounds so great, I just love my Ancient Greek and History, it's wonderful!
Shadowfaxie
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2006 10:29
Celedë_Anthaas - I'm from Langhus, 20-30 minutes with car outside Oslo You then?

I'V been in Mirkwood today! hahaha. Well kinda. Been in a forest that was so tick that just some sunrays came through! Such a pretty forest!
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39791919/?q=by%3Alittlelonnie+sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps

lol just felt for telling hehe
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 15, 2006 04:01
Wow, that's beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
on: September 15, 2006 01:16
Lovely picture:love:

I live in Sør-Trøndelag, not too far from Trondheim
paran
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2006 06:39
nice pictures...
Melianmaia
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2006 06:12
Do you think those of us of the elvish persuation (and blonde of course) are the Vanyar?
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 29, 2006 06:20
Do you mean, if Tolkien created the elves over the Nordic people?

Then yes, to some degree I do... I have a vague memory of having read so somewhere, but I'm not sure if he actually did so... It would be quite obvious though, even though the Vikings resembles Rohirrim more..
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 09:27
hei folkens!
i'm norwegian! or at least, i've lived here most of my life. i didn't really know that there were any nordic people here, so this is kinda cool.

by the way, i saw a documentary or sumtn like that some time ago, and it's true what you say: the rohirrim were inspired by the vikings, and some other people though i don't remember who they were
Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 09:46
Hei Sana!:wave:
A Norwegian Vardian! Yaay! I was starting to think I was the only one Welcome to the Nordic thread:disco:

Yeah, the Rohirrim are definitely inspired by the Vikings, and well, Germanic peoples in general, I'd say
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 02, 2006 12:11
Hello, and welcome, Sana! No, we're quite a bunch of Nordics in here actually...

Yes, it's cool, right? I love it, especially because the Rohirrims are my favourite people (well, human race at least)!
OselleElentari
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2006 05:03
Er...hei folkens!!!

I'm actually an intruding Aussie...! I'd just like to say how much I love and appreciate Sweden and Norway!:heart: They are the most breathtaking countries ever!!!:heart:

My family has friends in Sweden (near Gothenburg) and Norway (Hamar) and we've visited.

It's so magical walking through a forest or walking over a frozen lake - just like being in Middle-Earth or Narnia!!!:love:
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 30, 2006 01:43
Hehe, glad to hear others appreciate the beauty of the Northern Europe... I agree with you, I've had some wonderful views and times walking in the Swedish nature... Denmark is more like the Shire, so driving through some places makes you expect two hobbits turning up every second. But in Sweden (never been to Norway more than just over the border from Sweden, so can't really say anything about it) you really feel the magic, and yes, it's almost like being in ME or Narnia!
Eruthiawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2007 05:21
Hey! I'm from Canada, but most of my family lives in Finland... so I'm mostly finnish. I have been to Finland and Sweden this summer for Nordlek Folkdance/Folkmusic festival. It was sooooo great. I would love to come back sometime, even to live there, but i can't really speak any Swedish except for some very basic words. And my Finnish is not much better, but I can understand more than I can speak, and I can't read or write.
Eantylië
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2007 09:16
Aiya! Everyone!

I'm from sweden to! Good to find people from your own contry! I seek msn friends, who's intrested?
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 16, 2007 05:31
Hey, and welcome to you both!

Eruthiawen, Swedish isn't the most difficult language to learn, so just jump right out into it if you want to go to Sweden! Else, you can get my Messenger and I can teach you some if you like? Well, the time difference is going to be a problem, but we'll figure that out if necessary! Else, are there any classes you can take in Canada?

Eantylië, nice to meet another Swede! I'm interested, I'm moving to Sweden in about 1½ year, so I guess I could use speaking/writing some Swedish... Else, if you want to write in English, that's fine with me! Just send me a PM if you're interested!
Melianmaia
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2007 12:23
OK Lossendiliel, can you explain the difference between the two "neutrals" den och det? My mum tried, she said there were no hard and fast rules just something one had to learn. Can you shed any light?
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 03, 2007 05:49
Your mom's right... There isn't... It's just like German (except they have some rules to cover som things...), you just have to learn what word is what... A somehow good rule is to try to make the word definitive, like "bordet" (the table)... If it "sounds best" ending on "t", that's the neutral you should use then...

But I'm sorry, it is complicated...
Desta
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2007 02:54
Just wanted to say hi... Nice to see so many nordic people here... I'm from Denmark my self (a bit north of Århus)...
Cothiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2007 06:33
I,m from sweden ond so is my sister Meadow who also is a member. We are from gothenburg.

WHAT!! You are from Gothenburg soo am I.
Sibynelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2007 01:36
Is here really this much nordic people? Amazing! I'm from Finland and so is my sister who is also a member.
Image Image Image
AinarielPalantir
Maiden of Nienna and Éomer`s Loyal Puppy
Send Message
on: August 11, 2007 11:58
Yes, there are quite a few nordic people here And there's an own thread for Finns somewhere here too... Has been very quiet there recently though.
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2007 01:14
You are absolutely right, AP.

Hi Zenja. Click here for the thread for Finland. And I'll bump it too, so that you can see it.
TheOrangeblossom
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 19, 2007 04:32
Hi everybody!

I haven't discovered this thread until today, but better late then never...

I'm from Sweden, born in Kiruna, lives in the country outside Örebro and is moving to Hallsberg very soon. My husbands mother is finnish and his father is danish, and I have some ancestors in Harstad, Norway. So I guess we are quite scandinavian.

And: two of our five kids recently moved to Oslo for work, and one just came back from two month of work in Finland...

Of course I like to live here, but for some reason I have always wanted to go to Australia, and New Zeeland. Maybe because it it on the opposite side of the world?

[Edited on 19/11/2007 by TheOrangeblossom]
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 20, 2007 01:43
Well, welcome TheOrangeblossom to this Nordic part of CoE!

Glad to meet another "Scandinavian". I like to use that term myself, as I have blood from all three Scandinavian countries in me.

Born in Kiruna, living in Örebro and moving to Hallsberg. That is quite a change, I mean, from Kiruna to Örebro/Hallsberg... Kinda like my mother: Born in Korpilombolo and lived just outside Stockholm most of her life until she moved to Denmark to be with my father.

Lol, you too? I'm going to NZ in January... And I hope to start studying at Lund University in August/September...
TheOrangeblossom
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2007 01:28
Hi Lossendiliel!

Where in Denmark do you live? We have spent some vacations there as my husband has relatives around on Jylland. Last time we lived in a cabin in Hals for a week and we drove around the countryside because my hubbie should take pictures of old churches...

NZ!!! You really make me envy you!! Is it for vacation or are you going to work? I wish to be young and free to see the world. Don't forget your sunglasses!
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 28, 2007 10:29
I live in Århus, or just south of it! You've probably heard of it if you've been around in Jylland.

I'm just going on vacation, for 2 months, backpacking around and seeing a lot of things!!

Well, we have a lot of old churches around here. The one in the town I live in is from around year 1100.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2007 10:51
Hi! I am a Swede, and I am happy to see there are more people in here coming from my country. i was born in Gothenburg, but unfortunately, i am unable to go there... I live in Brämhult/Borås. Anyone living nearby or even passing through every now and then? I have MSN Messenger if anyone would like to stay in touch.

With much delight
raina
TheOrangeblossom
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2007 01:21
Hallo raina! You seem to miss Gothenburg! Well, that's a bit bigger than Brämhult... I hope you will be happy at this site anyway, it is so many nice people around.

Lossendiliel: We drove through Århus on our way to Legoland one summer. As I recall it was a nice town. I like Denmark a lot. But Legoland is a bit to crowded for my taste.

You have to report from your backpacktrip! And be careful out there!
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2007 01:58
Yes, indeed I do miss Gothenburg! But i am very happy at this site! I made a couple of new friends in here, one from belgium, some from England and at least one Canadian . I am well off! I really love this site!

Na-den pedim ad!
-raina
Nevthónîel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 01, 2008 05:46
Another Swede here, though I live in the south, in Malmö. Nice to meet you all! Are there any Icelandics around here? I'll be moving there in half a year so I'd need someone to practice my rubbish Icelandic with. If there are; gleður mig að kynnast þér!
TheOrangeblossom
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2008 04:25
Hi Raina! Glad you like it in here!

Nevt! I love your avatar! Another Faramir-fan? Sounds exiting with Iceland.

Hope you guys had a really good holiday!
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2008 09:32
Thank you for the welcoming! And my holidays were great, and I do hope that yours has been as well! And may this year be the best ever for ye all! :heart:

Nevthónîel, be greeted!
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: January 14, 2008 04:01
Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this, so I'm sorry if this is OT. :blush:
I'm not a Scandinavian but I can speak/understand Swedish a bit, and am able to produce a couple of words in Norwegian. Currently trying to make sense of the "Lite Dota" song by Basshunter and got stuck, so I'd be grateful if there's a Scandinavian here willing to help me/PM with me on this matter.
:wave: to all Scandinavians here! :love: your countries and languages.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2008 10:31
:wave:

Be greeted, nólemë! What language is this song written in? I am not myself familiar with it. Even if I understand a lot of written Norwegian and Danish (and much less if they speak... LOL ), I will not try to translate any of it, I will remain with my own language, and leave the rest to our lovely country-neighbours .
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: January 15, 2008 11:39
Ok, song problem solved via PM, tack så mycket/ thank you so much Raina and Malinornë! :love: Um, and if there's someone here who wouldn't mind chatting with me in English/Swedish, or someone who actually likes the basshunter guy's songs, I would be most grateful. Need to practise my Swedish.
*end of off-topicness*
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email