Author Topic:
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: any nordic people?
on: January 16, 2008 03:57
Then just keep pm:ing me then!

*sends in an extra hug - strong and warm - to her Quenya-tutor Malinornë*
I miss Thee, my Lady! And I hope that Thou hast a wonderful time being off the Quenya part, and I do look forward to Thy return! Dirk_math is nice as well, though.
moonletters
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2008 09:24
I'm half Norwegian, though I didn't grow up that way.

And I enjoyed the Aragorn/Arwen part of the movie. I agree that it definately didn't make up for the scourging of the Shire or anything, but it did help sell the movie to more people, which in turn helped us to enjoy (far, far down the line) CoE!
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2008 01:28
Greetings Half-Norwegian! Happy to have you among us!

I think that it was that idea - to have it sold to more people, to make it more interesting on the screen - that was the reason why P.J. made those scenes. It is also why all of the sudden a number of Elves turned up at Helm's Deep, though we missed them when they were supposed to be there, it was the reason why Haldir died (which he otherwise wouldn't have done), and also why Faramir's father didn't commit suicide without Gandalf's help. It is also why the Ents at first didn't want to help Pippin and Merry. And I guess also why Lord Glorfindel was replaced by Arwen. And a number of other things that will annoy some and while others aren't bothered with it at all. I like the movies, in spite of the rewritings by P.J. even though I personally hoped for it to be more in accordance with the books.
moonletters
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2008 06:54
Oh, believe me, I was almost irate at the first movie. I realized, however, that I wasn't really justified to feel that way and finally, by the third movie, gave up an enjoyed it.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2008 06:56
That is indeed the best way to do it! And I recommend a movie marathon (watching all three in a row the same day) if you haven't already! I love doing that myself, even if I have to watch alone.
moonletters
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2008 10:00
Whenever I can talk my fiance into it, we do just that! I'm glad that he enjoys it, too, though nowhere near as much as me.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2008 03:16
Great!!! And I am happy that he does enjoy it... Who knows? One day he is just as hooked as you
moonletters
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2008 04:08
I doubt that, but we can hope! Maybe at least I can convince our future children of its greatness and he'll have no choice but to watch it and enjoy it.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2008 10:50
Sounds like a good plan to me! All my best wishes to you in this plan! I hope it works out very well! :disco:
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2008 02:54
Fellow Norwegians! Yaay!

One more here
I'm from Ås, which is just outside Oslo.
I have family both in Fredrikstad and in Trondheim, so if there's anyone here from those places, i'd love to have a chat
Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
on: February 21, 2008 12:45
:wave: I don't live in Trondheim exactly, but in Sør-Trøndelag. I've been to Trondheim plenty of times
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2008 03:26
I've been to Trondheim plenty of times

me too
algened93
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2008 04:20
hey all,.
i'm from denmark,.
it could be great, if there is someone who wants to talk.,
if there is,. then just write to me,.
understands a bit norwigian, but i don't understands swedish,. ,. if there are some danish people out there,. then just write,.

cecilie,.

[Edited on 23/2/2008 by algened93]
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2008 11:44
Thanks for posting, algened93.

Can I remind you that as this is a predominently English speaking site, it is preferred that you post in English, so that everyone can understand. Also, the moderators and staff need to know what you have posted. Thanks.

If you wish to speak in your native tongue, there is always the private message facility.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Rosearialelven ~ Moderator
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2008 01:04
*curtsies low*
Lady Rose!!!! No matter what the reason, always a delight to meet Thee, my Lady!
*gives Lady Rose a huge hug* :hug:

Nice to see you, Sigrid and Algened and all the rest of you! :wave:
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2008 01:59
nice to meet you too, raina :wave:
i do like you avatar!
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2008 11:48
*grins widely*
Thank you, thank you!

And likewise, indeed nice to meet you as well! :hug:
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 29, 2008 04:23
hello again, raina :hug:
i just remembered.. your avatar looks like galdriel.. am i totally lost now??
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2008 02:22
Suilad, Sigrid :hug:
I am not sure. I was looking for an avatar, and frodofan14 made this one for me. I loved it, since it expresses me quite well , being 100% elven-hearted

I was choosing between a very cute little kitten (which I so loved), a horse (loving horses as I am) but I thought this one expressed me the best.

and, since I became so happy seeing that hug you gave me, here is another one! :hug:
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2008 08:55
wow, that is cool! I really do like your avatar
and horses and dogs as well. do you do riding, then?

I also like hugs btw.. :hug:
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 27, 2008 11:13
Always nice to meet fellow, new Nordics....

Algened, I am from Denmark, more specific: Aarhus. Whereabouts do you live?
algened93
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2008 02:19
helllo lossendiliel. i'm from samsoe. he he.
i can pm you if you want. ?
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2008 03:09
Sorry for the delay in reply, Sigrid! :hug: I've been sick.

I love horses and I have done some riding in the past, and hopefully, i will be able to do some more. I do like dogs, but i am more of a cat-person myself. Though i tend to love every animal on Arda. LOL! I simply love life, I am afraid of spiders and their webs, but i wish them no harm. Just that they stay away from me . I love people too, and trees, flowers and everything else alive.
I really long to go horseback-riding again! Do you do riding as well?
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2008 07:54
Hello again Raina :hug:
No worries, poor you et: I hope you're well now.

I'm not really a cat person, though I really love my friends's, Ada and Julie, cats. they are so beautiful :love:
You seem to love most things in the nature, don't you
I really enjoy being out and active. I've climbed some mountains, and i like the woods and the sea, and all the rest of the beautiful countries..

I do horseback-riding every summer. I go to a place called Kvistli Islandshestesenter (with Islantic horses) somewhere in Norway called Dovrefjell (mentioned in Henrik Ibsen's play: Peer Gynt.. if you know about that ), with my friend.
we go riding for a week in the mountains, all day, and it's so fun!
you should bring a friend of yours (if you have any friends that also can ride) over the same time as me and my friend.. then we can ride together.. :naughty:

.. long post ..

ooo.. forgot.. I'm scared of spiders as well.. *yikes* .. but i'm actually more scared of the dark.. :blush: .. and i'm allergic to pineapple.. *wierd me*
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2008 12:47
Greetings, Sigrid! :hug:

I start to feel better, but I am still coughing my lungs up.

(I am allergic to honey... Raw honey, not if it has been cooked somehow.) And it would have been fun to ride together! :naughty: But I have no money what so ever, so I guess that will have to wait until I find a "sponsor" . I have been taken by my mother, though, to a center where they have Icelandic horses only, but that is only for an hour or two. It was fun! But I cannot remember the name of the center.
I've not seen the play Peer Gynt, but I have heard about it, of course. Dovrefjell rings a bell, but I cannot remember it currently.

I am happy to hear that I am not the only one disliking the sight of spiders! And yes, I do love most things in the nature... I live close to the forest, and I so love walking there, and I love the sea (my grandparents used to live close by, so as a child I often played and walked by the sea) and the countryside (been around there every now and then) and the mountains (my father took as for walks in the mountains when I was a child) and every other part... Nature is so beautiful and calming! OK, not during disaster-time, but otherwise .

And long posts are great! Much more sweet stuff to read! :hug:
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2008 02:52
Hello again, Raina :hug:

I just have to inform you about Nólemë telling me that you are a great person, and I have to agree with her
I'm happy you're starting to feel better, and I hope your cough won't last much longer

allergic to honey.. poor you! I love honey.. but I don't eat it too much anymore becuase it's so sweet and unhealthy.. :blush:
I have not much money either.. I make my mum pay for almost everything.. (still living at home and stuff..)
I used to ride at the local university of enviromental and biological stuff, where they have lots of animals, and a stable with horses.. so.. it was fun, but it was always around 9 on fridays (bad time) and we almost just did jumping after some time (I hate jumping).. so I quit..
I've just read PG for a school project and I actually quite enjoyed it..

I love nature as well I almost live in the countryside.. it's a really tiny place where nothing really happens (exept for our expanding university), and it lives a lot of farmers aournd here..
I also live by the "forest".. but I think it's a bit too small to be called a forest.. actually I live by two forest.. the second one is a bit bigger than the very tiny one.. actually it's quite big, but at the same time it would be like a fly compared to amazonas or some other big forest.. (amazonas is a big forest isn't it.. :twitch: )
anyway.. I don't live by the sea, but my gran lives in Fredrikstad, wich is by the sea .. almost.. at least the river..
My family are real mountain fans, so we've climbed (walked up) a couple of mountains, but no especially big ones, exept from the tallest one in Norway.

I love long post as well
there are so many things to say and to read in them

ohh.. and you'll probably notice all my smilies.. sorry, but I just can't help it.. I love them! :love:
:hug:
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2008 10:22
Dear Sigrid! Thanks a million! :hug: :love: That is so sweet of you!!!! :love: :hug: :love:

And I enjoy those smileys as well!!! Which is very shown at Ulmo whenever I have an Elf in my random block... There is a thread there where we tell each other our random blocks. :love: )

Honey is healthy, not unhealthy. It is a well known medication. It is sweet, however. The sad part is that most things that makes it medication are lost when heating it up. :cry: :sob: :cry:

I don't like jumping either, though one time we were doing dressage. I loved that! And when we showed what we had learned, I was told good things about my program! I did give the credit to the horse though, and no matter what the teacher said, I still give the horse the credit!

Well, compared to Amazonas most forests become like flies in size... On the other hand, I think it is much nicer to walk in a forest in our Nordic countries... Less humid if nothing else! :naughty: And less malaria too :disco:.
And rivers are lovely as well! :love: I saw a picture of one great river once... the scenery was breathtaking! I have only walked on smaller mountains, like the center of Sweden and another one that i don't know the name of. But I loved it! My mother and brother took the skylift the last part while me and my father walked.

I like the sound of your town! Small ones tend to be a bit calmer! I really love that! And with many farmers around, you have always close to nature, and can at least watch the animals when you pass by for a walk or so. And small forests are ok too. And you have also the larger one to walk around dreamingly in! I usually let my thoughts wonder around when I am out walking, pretending that I see Elves, Hobbits, Men and Dwarves, but mostly Elves! The scenery is like a fairy tale, so I dream myself away while walking.

Long letters and long posts... what can be better than that? :disco: It enlightens the day! Of course, any note from a dear friend is giving the day a golden shimmer!
Lady_Janora
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2008 07:51
Hi! It's so great with people from sweden and scandinavia! Would love to meet new friends

Lady Janora

[Edited on 4/4/2008 by Lady_Janora]
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2008 08:22
well.. where to start.. I think I'll ditch you in my first sentences Raina, and hope you won't be too disapointed

Hello Lady Janora :wave:
you're from sweeden then? Me, I'm from Norwy
nice to meet fellow scandinavians

now.. you deserve my and Nólemë's comments raina, you really do :hug: ---but so do Nólemë, btw.. lots of people do!

I can't help but use smilys all the time :love: :cheers: :naughty:

I didn't know honey was used in medication.. but I know that warm milk and honey coocked togheter tasts like puke! :killcomp: hmm.. fancy smiley
I still think there is a lot of sugar in huney..
sugar honey sweety :love:

I like the nordic forests as wel.. they're so .. nordic.. I like the air in them so well it gets a little too hot in other places.. i like to feel the slightly cold breeze (sorry for my spellings..) in my hair!
ok.. time for a coclusion.. to be out in nature gives an absolutely.. undescribably fantasticly awsome felling

I think I'll have to disapoint you a little.. .. the nature ent that great here.. and I have to go into the university park to see any animals.. exept from the dogs, which are popular animals around here!!
and some horses pass by my window a couple of times in the month/half year/year..
and there are no real good walking forest, 'cos a lot of trees are chpped down, and where it isn't, it's almost to thcik to walk in.. but there are some roads of course. we usually go jobbing there in the summer in pe at school.

and there are defenetly no Elves around here! no dwarves, no hobbits, but there might be some men.. but they're no Numenoreans or anything like that.. the ones in the woods are usually old men in ... ehmm.. joggedresser og rumpetasker .. don't know what that last word's in english... do you?
but anyway.. those creatures you're refering to only existes in my head and dreams :love:
and to see the nice guys btw, I have to go to my orchestra :naughty:

you shold see the messages between me and Nólemë.. they take for ever and ever.. I think we've reached the level of two pages in word (with TNR and 12 on text size)

but maybe this message will as well.. hold on.. i'll check..
that's one page yay!
well.. I'm looking forward to your reply (hopefully there will be one )
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2008 05:35
Greetings to you both, Sigrid and Lady Janora! :wave: Do dig yourself in, Lady Janora, you are so welcome! And I love to pm with you!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL@Sigrid!!! Rumpetasker?!?!?! ROFL! I have no idea what it is, but it sounds very funny!
*dries off a tear from laughing* Hihihihi...

And thanks, Sigrid! :hug: :love: And I agree with you, there are many here that deserves such sweet words, with Nólemë indeed included! :heart:

And here the storms has caused a number of trees to fall down in the woods. :cry: It is sad, but causes many new adventures , as a before ordinary path no longer is an ordinary path, containing obstacles to climb over (fun!!!!!!!) and balancing parts and one tries not to fall down into sudden new rivers created by all the raining.

:nono: And I do know about the old men in jogging suites and "rumpetasker" *giggles* I just look further behind them and into the empty wood... :drool: And there is at least one Elf in that forest... Me! :naughty:

Hmm... Guys... :rolleyes: Good looking guys... :dizzy: Oh... now I know: The medieval markets! I saw one last year... Yikes that man was handsome! Even though I don't fancy beards in any way (or mustaches either for that matter), but that man was handsome! It is something special with a man dressed in tunic and hoses! :love: And there were many other handsome men there as well! All in tunics and hoses... :drool: Hehehehe...

And yes, honey is a medication. It is sweet, yes, but it is a more healthy sweetness than the one found in refined sugar. And I disagree with you about the milk and honey. :banghead: But it shouldn't be cooking. Just heated up and then drank. One can also use it on wounds, since it kills bacteria. And it is used in creams for smoothing the skin.

2 pages??? Wow! But I usually write snail mails... 6 pages are the most common! :rolling:

Now, I have been at the computer all day :yawn: :sleepy:... But I still have some stuff to do here. Like checking out Games and Ulmo and write some pm:s to my poor tutors. LOL! :evil: :naughty:

So for now, all my best with any hugs :hug:
Your mischievous friend Raina
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2008 09:10
A Rumpetaske is a kind of small bag that you wear around your waist.. it can look something like this: http://magasi.net/catalog/images/XD-775141.jpg
but it wasn't really a good picture.. anyway.. it is the most horrible thing a person can wear!!!

Storms.. no dangerous ones I hope.. where exactly is this then? I love exploring :love: so good luck with it. I hope you find some interesting paths
I'm not so sure about the jumping into rivers part though.. :twitch: I'd rather jump into the sea by the beach
And maybe you're right about the elves.. I'll look out for them the next time I'm in the woods

what's a medival market? I don't really get your fancy for tunics and hoses though.. explain please.. but I can agree with you on the beard thingy I like sideburns though :love:

I think I'll just stop the honey talk before .. I don't know .. anyway.. I'll never forget the awful taste of warm milk and honey.. :Ø .. sorry..

and you are mad (!!!) writing 6 pages.. how do you do that???
I think it's hard enough to write 3 ..

hihi
Big hugs for you too Raina!
:hug::hug::hug:
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2008 10:19
I never know how to stop... I have to limit myself to 6 pages because of the cost of stamp.. LOL!

And don't worry. Forget the honey/milk thing. Honey in water is just as fine!

No, no dangerous storms - unless one stands under the falling trees .. which we tend to avoid! LOL! And where it is. If you find a map of Sweden, look at Borås or Brämhult (they are twin towns, I live in Brämhult). Then look at Ymer and Kype. That is the two places where I am found at.

A medieval market, is a place where you can buy medieval things: old sorts of fabric - newly made of course! - and medieval food and candy, and there are often jesters (not narrar, but gycklare) that are really funny. And one can buy necklaces and all sorts of medieval things there. Sometimes, they have tournaments too, between knights. Or archery games, or sword-fights. I just love it! Tunics and hoses are the way men dressed during Medieval times. I prefer men dressed that way, completely... :blush: Maybe because I dress that way myself. (The female medieval version, that is.)

Cannot say that I like sideburns either... :blush:

But it is a good thing, that we don't all have the same taste!
:hug: :hug: :hug:
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2008 03:18
oh wow.. I think I'll just stick to 2 pages..

honey in water...?? no.. btw.. please.. I do not want to know..!

I didn't find your places on the maps, partly because the maps were to small, and parlty bacause there were almost no imformation about the places on the internet..

I think I understood what you meant now with the medival markets, and it seems so fun.. but I got a problem, 'cos I couldn't find medival in the dictionary.. :blush: is it the middle-age or something?
you so have to take me to one of those markets... or I so have to go to one.. it seems kind of me-like, so I think I'd enjoy it
and I just so fancy tournaments, and I'd really like to learn how to handle swords and arcery and those kind of things

I don't like huge sideburns, I just like small ones.. like those who have it now, has it.. I think I liked it even more when I saw the new doctor in the Brithish "Doctor Who" series (if you know what that is.. not many scandinavians do..). I totally love the series, and the new doctor, 'cos he's so funny and stuff. and I totally love his hair for some reason.. :love:

XXX -Sigrid
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2008 10:53
medieval= medeltida, Medeltid (Swedish words for medieval, just helping my Norwegian friend out here)

There are some for a few days in the summer every year held at Bohus Fästning. I'd love to meet you there! If you have an e-mail (pm me if so), I will try to look the dates up and send it to you. I am sure you'd love it!

I haven't watched Dr Who myself, but I know it is Sci Fi. I have seen a few seconds while zapping around.

With love
Raina
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 12, 2008 10:07
Medieval markets are so much fun! We have a great one in Horsens here in Denmark each year, last weekend in August, with a lot of Swedish people attending. But I've heard about the one at Bohus Fästning. We were there a couple of years ago, but not while there was one I'll try to make our trip come around it this year Now I've got the money for it
<< First45678Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email