Register

<< First56789
Author Topic:
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: any nordic people?
on: April 13, 2008 12:17
Middelalder then
Some of my friends play medival music at those markets in Norway, and they fight with swords and axes and stuff.

I don't think I've got the time this year, but I'd be very thankful if you could be bothered to send me some times and stuff. do they have a homepage or something??

:hug:

and hello Lossendiliel :wave:
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2008 09:57
Greetings! :wave:
That sounds great, Loss! If you let me know when, I can ask my mom, and she might help me to get there, and we could actually meet! Last year she went as well. And I know that she wants to see the jesters Trix again!

I think they have a homepage, Sigrid, I will look around for it. And meanwhile, I will check out times and stuff and let you know about it! :hug: It would be great if you could come! Hopefully you have the time this year, and we could all meet! :hug:
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 14, 2008 02:15
Wow, that could be really cool I'll just have to figure out when we could go... I'll try and look at the dates and see if they fit in with our holiday plans and stuff?
Do you dress up there when you visit? I've got a couple of Medieval dresses I made myself, and I love to dress up in them
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2008 06:30
well my holiday is pretty full this year. I've only got the two last weeks of my holiday free, and I think I'll spend them in Norway with my friends, and anyway that is the weeks, I think, when at least England goes back to school and stuff. I don't know about Sweeden though..
but it would still be great to meat you guys
but next summer I might visit my friend in Bergen on a medical market. I don't suppose you could come there? :naughty:
:hug:
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 15, 2008 02:18
Never say Never, Sigrid! I for one does not know where I am next year. Hopefully studying History in Lund...
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2008 04:06
hehe good advice Loss.
I'm also thinking of studeing history, but I think I'll go for english lit
I don't know what I'm doing either, bit it's a wish, 'cos my friend invited me and another friend of me up there for the next summer since she would just have moved in up there by then.. at the time of the medival market
I really hope i can go.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2008 11:24
I am always dressed in medieval style, Loss, that is all I own. So I always dress that way. Do dress the same way (if possible), as it is appreciated by all who see you .

I have no idea, Sigrid. I still hope that my future husband will show up this year :love: But regardless, it all depends on sponsorship. Anyway, I will check the times, and let you in on them. I'd love to meet you, Loss, and I will see if there is a possibility to meet you, Sigrid, because I'd really love to! :hug:
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2008 08:24
hehe
good luck then, with finding your future husband
I hope you do

Though I'd love to meet you too Raina, and you Loss, you must have no hopes of it, because I doubt you will see me in a long while.. sorry.. I'm too busy :hug:
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2008 06:58
Hmmmmm :naughty: One never knows... MUAHAHHHAHAHHA *cough*

And thanks for your sweet wish! Even though, I still think that I should be found... not the finder Men hunts, women are prey... :naughty: You can start to feel sorry for him already (just kidding)
*dreams herself away to the land of Elves and potential husbands, with mischief up her sleeve*

Edited:
I have now checked it and here is the results:
18-20/7 2008: Bohus Fästning gives "Kungahälla Medletidsdagar" (Medieval Days of Kungahälla, Bohus Fästning is a place - just so that all non-Scandinavian speakers will understand )

[Edited on 5/5/2008 by raina_alassë]
TheOrangeblossom
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2008 11:10
Hi!

Have read your comments about medieval markets and just wanted to give you these links: http://www.riddarveckan.com/eng/index.html

http://www.medeltidsveckan.se/default.asp

And I am sure that there are a lot of handsome strangers at the markets as well! Have a nice summer!
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 14, 2008 03:50
Thanks, Orangeblossom, for the links... *checks them out* Hova and Gotland... Hmm, don't think we'll get around there this year... Maybe maybe Hova... But we'll probably be in Stockholm at that time...

But it's nice to know so much going on. Maybe next year, then I can travel around and spend weeks and weeks at medieval places...
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2008 10:26
Meow! Love the links! Thanks a million! And... :blush: I guess there might be some handsome strangers there, yes... :blush:

But Visby I can forget, but I have actually planned to go to Hova for a day.

Loss, I so hope that we can find a day together! Actually, I forgot about 18th, but that is a possibility too. There will not be knight's games, as far as I know of, but it is definitely a possibility. Tell me what you think! :hug:
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 16, 2008 07:23
Check your mail box, raina

Well, we'll be arriving sometime during the afternoon, early evening 18th, so I don't know about that day...
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2008 09:23
We'll work something out!

I so hope that we can, nonetheless! It would be so great to actually meet each other! If nothing else, I will speak with my mother, and maybe I can go on 19th then. Would that be better for you?
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 03, 2008 06:03
Well, as it looks like now for us, plans for Göteborg (Gothenburg):

July 18th: Eat out, relax, maybe Liseberg,
July 19th: we'll be at the castle all day probably and see some things, buy things (knowing myself), and in the evening go see Rhapsody in Rock in Marstrand. My mom's big dream..
July 20th: My dad won't say what he has in plan for us this day, so I cannot tell where we'll be...

So if you could get there 19th, it would be so great, and probably the only day I can. Else I won't know anything until a couple of days before, so...
But I understand if you cannot get it to work with your family...
TheOrangeblossom
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2008 05:14
Hi guys! Wanted to go to Hova, but things came in between, you know how it is.... But anyway, I read in the local newspaper that Joakim Nätterqvist, the actor that plays Arn, visited Hova one of the days. It had been nice to see him...
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2008 09:56
I will be at Kungahälla the 18th... I couldn't make it to Hova, so I will most likely only be able to go to Kungahälla this summer. Maybe you can come to my town the 20th Loss? I hope you can! Otherwise, hopefully we can come together next year! :hug:

If anyone else is able to come to Kungahälla (Kungälv, Göteborg) the 18th, it would have been nice to meet you!
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2008 11:43
yeah, you're right Raina -about the men..
so.. has anyone found you iet?

i had a little fancier over the two last weeks, but he was way too wierd for me.. :nono:

and thanks for the festival info. I will se if I can get around to it, though I doubt it...

XoX
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2008 12:42
It would be great of you could! :hug:

No, no Elven-hearted man has yet found me.
So far only former drunkards, drunkards, druggists, old ones and one who is sweet but not medieval & Elven-hearted have found me... :cry: I want a man who is medieval and Elven-hearted like myself. He is neither... He is very kind, but not the kind of man who makes his woman feel safe.

Oh well... My time will come one day...
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2008 10:43
sorry.. abit short time notice I suppose, and I'm visiting my gran at time 'cause it's her birthday..

that sounds nice... drunkards and druggiests..?
I'm sure someone will show up! Noone can resist such a fantastic person as you!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2008 11:23
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw... Thank you, Sigrid! :hug:

Yes, I will wait for that Elven-hearted man to come into my life. The others are no options... :rolleyes: And I anyway want my own soulmate! :heart:

So... I read your long mail, my dear! I love it! But I must say, I am really happy that I didn't do something like that myself. And I am shocked to hear how bad food they had! They must be focusing more on nutrition. No one can function well on over-sweetened junk food! I was happy to hear that you were wiser than to eat such things.
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2008 11:58
Good Luck with it Raina :hug:

YAY! I'm happy you loved it.. I thought it might be a bit too long..? I actually left out some stuff as well.. one thing is that on the second thursday, it was karaoke again, but me and the rest of the bunch and the italian guys went to another disco. we had to pay for the taxi of course to get there.. and when we did, there was only rock music and such, so we ate some pizza and went to do bowling instead. but there we had to be 16 to get in, and only 1/4 of us were.. so then we went to see a movie (this was all in the same building..), but there were no good ones on, so then we ordered a taxi back to Boho. we had to wait for the taxi for about 20 minutes.. outside.. and since it was raining and quite late, it felt like we were going to freeze to death. and we hadn't got any jackets either, since we were going to the disco.. it always gets so hot in there, so we only had our t-shirts..
when we got to Boho, half of us went back to LC and the karaoke and sang a couple of songs :disco: , and half of us stayed. (by the one that stayed I mean some russian girls who came the second week..) when we got back to Boho at about 12.. whoops the others had been taken for drinking whine in their room, and we all got a round of "yelling" (Christina never did this, but you probably get what I mean..)
luckyly for us, we were going home on sunday..

so you might see that if I was going to wrtie everything... then there would probably be about 12 pages..
but I did have a really great time!

why wouldn't you do something like it?
because of the food?
I did actually get a bit hungry in the mornings..

XoX
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2008 03:08
Food, and in my case also age I am 35...

Now, some sad news, namely these:

I am starting to get severe computer problems... I don't know for how much longer I will be able to be online. If any of my friends who haven't got my address would like to remain in touch with me, let me know through a pm, and I will give it to you. I could actually do so in here, as I am not afraid of getting nasty people's letters. They are good to use when one wants to make up a fire... :evil: Just kidding... As I said, i am not worried, but I know that others worry on my behalf, so... to keep everyone relieved, that will be through a pm. If my computer goes out before I get a chance to reply to any pm:s, then maybe one of my other friends are willing to give it to you? (If any of you are, let the others know, please.)
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2008 08:15
Nooo! I don't like your computer!!! :cry:
you have to fix it or get a new one!
and I would love to stay in touch with you, but I'm so bad at writing letters, and I don't get around to do it often.. :'(

Promise to be back as fast as you can!
Lots of Love
XoX
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2008 12:33
I won't be able to be back... This isn't fixable and a new one is too expensive... :cry:

It is ok, I'll take any letter I can, if you'd like to stay in touch. We can even just send Elf-day cards and such, if you'd prefer that. But I will miss you terribly if I know that I'll never hear from you again.
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2008 12:12
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I'll just get your address of someone!
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2008 06:03
:hug: You're so sweet! :hug: I'll send my address to you through an sms. :heart:
Ven
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2008 10:58
I'm or Nordic descent but I live in the USA...Does that count?
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 31, 2008 06:30
Of course it does!

May I ask how you are descending from the Nordic countries?

Anyone following the Olympics noticed that quite a few athletes from the US, Canada and other places had Nordic ringing last names, like Hansson, Jensen, etc.? I just found it quite fun...
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2008 07:28
*giggles* No, I haven't followed the Olympics very well, but it sounds funny really!

Greetings, Ven, and I'm delighted to meet you! :wave:
Shiranui
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2008 08:45
Hehehe.
Well, I do have a tiny bit of Norweigan in my blood, but it's pretty diluded because of the 8 other nationalities I have.

Dad's side:
Puerto Rican (He was born on the island)
Taino (Natives who lived on Puerto Rico and other islands before the Spanish came)
French (very small amount)

Moms side:
Irish
Scottish
English
German
Cherokee (Or Apache, we're not entirely sure)
Norweigan
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 02, 2008 05:41
Wow, that is a lot of nationalities! That must be really interesting to have so much different "blood" in you.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2008 01:09
Wow! Now that was a tremendous amount of different bloods! Must be confusing, isn't it? Or maybe you belong to the category that feels at home everywhere instead?
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2008 08:22
wow! that sounds great Shiranui
I'm norwegian too

I haven't sent you a message for ages Raina! I will very soon :hug:
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2008 01:49
Don't worry, dear Sigrid! :hug: I am a very patient person! :hug: And I haven't been doing that well either, so no need to rush or feel guilty!
<< First56789
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email