Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Nimrodelanduin
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Hobbit film
on: March 21, 2004 07:35
Aye, but i thought that we can either make 1 movie with 19 scenes, or 2 with 10 and 10 scenes, or 3 movies with 6-6-6scenes. I am going to finish scene 5 tonight. All im doing is im writing a summery of each chapter and then i am going to wright the speeches. So i thought maybe you guys can help me. plz?
Nimrodelanduin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2004 08:30
Since no one is answering i'll take it as the fact that i shall work on the script on my own hoping that one day i will see the the Hobbit on the big screen! Infact, i know- i WILL see the Hobbit on big screen(that reminds me when Boromir said: "I will see the glory of gondor restored" but thats off the point) And as Gargie said,"we shall meet again though all the hosts of Mordor lay between us" I say this now, infront of you all:"My friends! I will see the Hobbit on a big screen" *Anduin re-reads what she wrote and thinks that she is completly messed in the head* Sorry guys i'm a bit messed today... Please excuze me for my pointless essay...?:blush: i feel really bad now...:cry:
bighara
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2004 04:37
Thrainduil and the Wood elves aren't really bad in the book, but they are somewhat distrustful of strangers in their realm. Remember that the dwarves were made prisoners, but only after they had refused to explain where they were going and why. Even then, the elves treated them fairly and humanely. Mirkwood was a dangerous place in those days, when the Necromancer (Sauron) still lived in Dol Gulder. Thrainduil is more along the lines of when Faramir is questioning Frodo in TTT than mean or nasty. Suspicious, but not evil.
frodobaggins1986
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 08:35
Well, I'm glad everyone is so postive! Personally, having written a Hobbit script myself, I would LOVE for this to happen. (I'd also like PJ to see my script and have him tear it to pieces in front of me [I mean editing it BIG TIME!]...then I'd get 7 t-shirts that say PJ TORE UP MY HOBBIT SCRIPT!) But he probably already has it all planned out in his head.

Anyways, PJ, in fact, could film "the Hobbit," since New Line has the rights, but here's the thing...
1. Funding for the Film
New Line wouldn't grant funding until the big legal matter
is over, and they were sure they'd be able to make the
money off of it.
2. The (EEEEK!) Distribution rights
Due to afore said matter, production wouldn't start until
this right is acquired. I hope they get them...
3. Bilbo
Ian Holm could only play Bilbo one way, serving as a model
and voice for a digital Bilbo. (Hey, no scale problems! Or
mounds of Hobbit feet to make!) But it is more likely
they'll get someone else to play Bilbo.

As to:
"Thrainduil and the Wood elves aren't really bad in the book, but they are somewhat distrustful of strangers in their realm. Remember that the dwarves were made prisoners, but only after they had refused to explain where they were going and why. Even then, the elves treated them fairly and humanely. Mirkwood was a dangerous place in those days, when the Necromancer (Sauron) still lived in Dol Gulder. Thrainduil is more along the lines of when Faramir is questioning Frodo in TTT than mean or nasty. Suspicious, but not evil."
That's them in my script!

Returning cast from LOTR:
Ian MacKellan as Gandalf
Andy Serkis as Gollum
Hugo Weaving as Elrond
---LOTR characters in my script---
Cate Blanchett as Galadriel
Christopher Lee as Saruman
That guy who played Cirdan in the FOTR prologue as Cirdan
(The White Council Subplot, created by Yours Truly)
Orlando Bloom as Legolas
(Cameo at the elves' feast in Mirkwood, which happens once, not three times like in the book.)
---And now that I have your attention,---
---other additional roles to be cast---
Estel
Radagast
Pallando
Alatar
Khamul

[Edited on 22/1/2005 by frodobaggins1986]
Alkin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 12:53
They should defietly make a movie for the Hobbit. It would really tie up any loose ends. And some of the people who [/i]haven't [i]read the books would be able to know the story to and understand the LOTR story line better.
almarea
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2005 12:40
I'm the only one here who thinks that the hobbit is really different than LOTR?
I've read the hobbit years ago and don't have time to read it again now, so I really apologize if I'm wrong, but I remember for my feelings that the characters like the elves for example, really don't work with the idea we have into lotr. I remember that when Bilbo and compagny go to Rivendell the elves sing a song quite not really um...noble and looks like I don't know...litlle fairies who plays like children...I can't see the elves of lotr singing such a song. And I also think that elves in Mirkwood are really different.
Tolkien has done Bilbo as a tale for his children, and lotr was supposing to be the following but have taken a very different way.
If the film is used to develop the story of Aragorn and Arwen for example, it's really not the idea of the book. It could be interesting, but I don't see that as an adaptation of Bilbo in that case, much like a pre-beggining of lotr inspired by the hobbit.
almarea
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2005 02:42
Sorry I forgot to say that : did you know this link? Fight for the hobbit!

http://www.thehobbitfilm.com/
fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 02:49
It will take time.
almarea
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2005 05:05
It will take time.

Time fo what? doing the film?
The_Oakleaf_Ranger
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 11:05
When they began making the LOTR movies I knew that The Hobbit would be made afterwards. It's just like Star Wars.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadow shall spring;
Renewed shall be the blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

**Edited by Nienna Hello, I edited out the bbcode you had here for a quote because it was doing weird things to the page. If you have any questions about signatures or something of the like, please PM me .**

[Edited on 6/30/2005 by Nienna-of-the-Valar]
fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2005 06:40
For everything. I think there are legal issues to be dealt with.
Ellwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2005 07:49
So just to recap, Peter is doing King Kong, and Narnia (whoot). Is he doing any other films after those?

I'm almost positive he will make The Hobbit at some point (who else would have the ability to do it as well as The LOTR team? no one of course). I'm just wondering if there has been any word on how the legal process is going?
cotton_candy_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2005 07:59
I am actually reading the hobbit and it would be so cool if it was a film:heart:
Taraisilwèn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2005 11:45
Is it PJ who is going to make Narnia? My god I love that man

I really can't wait for the hobbit, no if, it HAs to come out.
But as much as I'd like to see Aragorn again, even a younger I don't see really a place for him in it... *sobs*
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2005 10:45
Yeah, if Aragorn was in it...That would just confuse all the poor people who haven't read The Hobbit. Viggo could have a small role as maybe Bard (The dude who kills Smaug)
Fattybolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2005 01:34
I don't mind who plays Bilbo (though Ian Holm is a splendid actor).

I'm looling forward to seeing Smaug in all his glory.

I hope they don't mess up Thorin like they messed up Gimli.

And oh, I DO HOPE that Aragorn won't be in it. Absolutely no Aragorn. Absolutely not at all. Not a whisker. Not a scruffy hair of him. We've earned a rest from Aragorn. Let this be an Aragorn-free zone.
Calaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2005 06:06
The hobbit and LOTR really differ: the first one is a story mostly aimed for children, while the second one is a great epic masterpiece! Don't get me wrong I really like the book: my Tolkien addiction started from it. But I think that it would have to be a very different film from LOTR.
Anyway if they want to make it McKellen would have to be Gandalf again and as far as I know he's not concerned. I absolutely cannot imagine someone else portraying the good old wizard!

[Edited on 24/10/2005 by Calaquende]
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2005 11:06
Yup, Ian simply has to play Gandalf! It wouldn't be The Hobbit without him! I wonder if Hugo Weaving would play Elrond again? (Though he only has a minor part in The Hobbit)
Laer
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2005 06:22
Wow, the fake movie trailer was so well donel Wish it would really happen.
XmeldonX
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2005 06:41
I don't mind who plays Bilbo (though Ian Holm is a splendid actor).

I'm looling forward to seeing Smaug in all his glory.

I hope they don't mess up Thorin like they messed up Gimli.

And oh, I DO HOPE that Aragorn won't be in it. Absolutely no Aragorn. Absolutely not at all. Not a whisker. Not a scruffy hair of him. We've earned a rest from Aragorn. Let this be an Aragorn-free zone.

messed up Gimili? I like how they portrayed him in the movie. I'm not really the biggest fan of house the Dwarves are described in The Hobbit. When I think of these mighty dwarves I don't exactly see them in hooded capes etc. I see 'em almost like Gimili without the armor but definitely more rugged working clothes. After all they are working underground all the time they're going to be a very rugged grundgy race unlike the well kempt Elves.
Aragorn1
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2005 09:40
I like the idea of Billy Boyd as Bilbo, and how about Mel Gibson as Bard? I've always imagined Bard to look something like Gibson in "Braveheart", only without the facepaint, of course! And I think Marton Csokas would be great as Thranduil. The same guy who did the voice of the Witch-King in LOTR should do the voice of Smaug.

[Edited on 12/31/05 by Aragorn1]
Silverdust
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2005 11:05
I just watched the trailer and WOW it looks so real. If it is done by a fan, they are brilliant.

I am praying that PJ does the hobbit. I heard that the are arguing over the rights to back the hobbit.
Silverdust
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2005 11:27
I have always imagined that the Rock would make a good dwarf and what about James Earl Jones (the voice is perfect)
Aragorn1
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2005 02:15
Oh, and I don't think having Aragorn in The Hobbit is a good idea, since he was only 10 years old at the time, according to the Tale of Years (LOTR Appendix B).
Sweet~Athelas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2005 09:00
Well, since King Kong is out, does anyone know if PJ is already occupied with another film that would keep him away from doing the Hobbit?
frodobaggins1986
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 05:40
I hear his next movie is going to be called "Lonely Bones."
Aragorn1
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 07:26
Does that mean he won't work on The Hobbit?
Grey_Pilgrim
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 04:30
I've heard also that Jackson will be executive producer of the movie version of the xbox game "Halo". I don't know how time consuming the role of executive producer is though.
Dream~Giver
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 04, 2006 04:06
Does that mean he won't work on The Hobbit?

I wouldn't say that. It will just take a while.
Give him some time. You can't expect him to jump right back into Middle Earth again after his experience with LotR.
Johannes
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2006 02:38
Darn that is cool if it is right!
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2006 04:50
So, is the hobbit being made into a movie or not?
Brethil
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2006 09:07
The same guy who did the voice of the Witch-King in LOTR should do the voice of Smaug.

Didn't andy serkis do the voice of the witch-king?

I've just watched the trailer and it doesn't seem right, plus I've looked on imdb.com ad i cant one thing about the hobbit either
(i haven't read ALL of the other pages so sorry if someones already said this! hehe)
Aragorn1
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2006 02:31
Didn't andy serkis do the voice of the witch-king?

No, it was Lawrence Makoare (Witch-king, Gothmog, and Lurtz). I think he would make a great Smaug.
Rebecca_C
CoE Volunteer & Weeper of Nienna
Send Message
on: June 06, 2006 08:14
About PJ being busy with other filoms, as fas as I'm aware it's the Dambusters next, I admit I'm not holding out much hope for the Hobbit, even though I would like to see it.

I thought Andy did the voices and Lawrence Makoare did the visuals for the Witch King? But don't qoute me on that, I"m not totally sure.
Chaendra
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2006 10:33
I saw the trailer, it looked very much like a fan creation. I really hope that someone (preferably PJ) makes it into a movie.

Anyways, I think Lawrence Makoare did both the visuals and the voice. Maybe they did something to make his voice sound more menacing.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email