Register

<< First45678Last >>
Author Topic:
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Elvish hearts *free to anyone!!!*
on: August 19, 2003 05:37
Naralote was still smiling broadly. Gaelborn's antics were too much. Amire tried to glare at her, but she herself was too amused to act serious. She leaned over to Naralote. "Gaelborn is full of surprises, no?" she asked. Naralote laughed softly. "We all are, but he is the first to show it, aside from you that is." Her eyes were laughing. "I still haven't quite recovered from your stunning entrance." Amire shrugged. "I could not resist. It was such a perfect set up. Suspicions high, elves all too wary...You should have seen the looks on everyone's faces." Naralote laughed.

[Edited on 20/8/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2003 02:01
Iavasril rolled his at the other set of twin's antics. They were just too much. That was interesting. Didn't think that would happen in a hundred years. Mirhith thought.
I know. But happen it did. Apparently, Gaelborn isn't as rock hard as we first thought. Mirhith coughed to hide a chuckle.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2003 05:31
Gaelborn could hear the muffled chortles, and the feeling of Enelya's eyes on his back was becoming rather unbearable. "I ask again; does anyone know a quick and safe road to Tharanduil's palace?"
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2003 05:47
Iavasril burst out laughing. "Safe? In this forest?" he chuckled. Mirhith smacked him upside the head but couldn't help but snicker himself.
"No, we're as clueless as you are."
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2003 07:05
Gaelborn actually allowed a smile to show through at the other's antics. "I see. Well, I have heard rumors of dinners being hosted near the river. Shall we go find it?"
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2003 07:40
"Yes, let's go find the river. I know a path from there... but I can't say for sure it'll be safe," Erubadhor said. "Perhaps we'll have the fortune of meeting up with some of Thranduil's folk," he said. Enelya made a face, remembering the last time they had been "guests" there.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2003 08:00
"Something displeases you?" Gaelborn asked Enelya, catching the sour expression upon her face.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2003 10:05
"Yes..... I don't care much for Thranduil. Last time we were there we were put in his dungeons for... certain reasons," she said, wincing at the thought. "While they treated us kindly enough, being imprisoned so is not an experience I would like to repeat," Enelya answered. Erubadhor sighed as he thought of the occasion that had led up to being locked away: their father had sent them on a mission after one of his subjects, and the king hadn't taken to it very kindly. He frowned as he thought of his father... how he hated the man. He looked off to the side of the path and watched the endless trees rustle in the faintest of breezes.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2003 01:39
Iavasril managed to regain his composure. "Sorry." He muttered a hasty apology, a light flush covering his face. How embarrassing. He thought to himself. Mirhith agreed.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2003 02:46
((Well, I'm going to be gone for a day, so keep me alive please. ))
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2003 02:04
((Know how ye feel; I just started school today, and everyone is ahead of me in here!! :cry: ))

"I'm sorry to hear that," Gaelborn replied to Enelya's tale. He'd had some experiences of his own he'd rather not tell, even to those closest to him.

Some things were best left in the dark.

[Edited on 22/8/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2003 02:30
Mirhith noticed that the silence among his companions was slightly akward. He said nothing as they rode on in that silence, making for the river in hopes to meet some of the Elven King's people.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2003 10:32
There was a rustle from the bushes and in the blink of an eye, Gaelborn's sword leapt from its case. "Who's there?!" he yelled as the others prepped for what appeared to be another battle.

It wasn't a spider that walked out, nor was it an orc or a goblin.

It was an Elf. A very little girl-Elf in a white skirt holding what appeared to be a crudely made bow and arrow, the arrow pointed bravely up at Gaelborn. "Don't go any further!" she said as boldly as a little girl could, "or I'll shoot at you!"
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2003 10:38
((Ack, leaving again for the weekend... and I just got home, too... ))

Enelya looked down at the little girl, not sure whether to laugh or give her a giant hug, as she looked so cute.

"And why can't we go any further?" she asked smiling slightly at the little girl's bravery.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2003 01:04
Mirhith started as the little girl came out of the bushes. Iavasril blinked but remained silent, waiting for the girl to speak. He wanted to hear her reasoning, and didn't want to scare her by drawing a weapon. It was, he decided, better to let the others do the talking.
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2003 02:02
Naralote did not try to hide her amazement at the little girl. She burst out laughing, and Morgil jumped at the sound. Amire, seeing that the girl was slightly hurt, knelt down. "Don't worry about her, she's just surprised that the Mirkwood warriors start out so young." This made the girl smile, and Amire could not help but smile back.

[[My school starts on Aug. 26, so after that I won't be able to get on much. *curses*]]

[Edited on 23/8/2003 by Gilraen]
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2003 03:11
((School...SUCKS!! ))

Gaelborn, deciding he should take lead of the situation, got off the horse and walked over to the little girl. She barely came up to her knees. "Excuse me, young warrior/maiden, but we really do need to see your lordship, King--OW!!"

The girl had kicked him in the shin.
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2003 03:42
By now Naralote was laughing so hard, tears were streaming down her face. She had not laughed like that in a long, long time. Even Amire had to smile as Gaelborn rubbed his shin.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2003 04:07
Gaelborn glowered over at the company as they snickered behind polite hands. Before the child could take aim again, he had her by the collar and up to eye level.

Which was quite a difference, giving both of the Elves' heights.

The little girl howled and Gaelborn could feel Enelya's glares burning into his back but he rightly didn't care. "I'm being very polite, young miss, so please tell me where I could find your king."

"Why should I do as you ask?" the little witch demanded.

"Because I have a short temper and a rather fond tasting for little girls' curls."

She pointed into the woods she had emerged through. "Through there."

Gaelborn set her down and she walked off, pride obviously panged. The others walked by, still chortling, and Enelya asked, "You're so good with younglings." She laughed. "You sounded so serious about eating her!"

"Me, Gaelborn, eat a child? Pah, never...they taste funny."
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2003 02:59
((UGGGG! SCHOOL! grrrrrrrr...... I hate school.))

Mirhith frowned as Gaelborn held up the child by her collar. Iavasril put a hand on his brother's arm to keep him from doing anything rash. Don't. You know what happened last time you fought someone while in this mood. I'm not in the mood to bring you back from close to death. Iavasril glared at Mirhith, who relaxed under the glare. He was in no mood to face his brother in full wrath, and he wanted to keep his pride.
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2003 12:43
Naralote was still howling with laughter as they made their way towards the palace. Amire, however, glowered at Gaelborn. His behavior towards the child had been horrid, and she made a mental note to make Gaelborn pay later on. She walked back to where the little girl sat miserably beneath a tree, and held out a slender hand. "Come. The forest is a very dangerous place, especially for a girl like you." The girl made a loud "Hmph!" Amire whistled softly, and Nimril came out of the gloom. The little girl looked with wide eyes at the mearas. Amire smiled. "You can ride Nimril," she said softly. The girl gasped with delight and was upon Nimril in a flash. Amire smiled and led Nimril back to the group.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2003 02:16
The twins glanced Amire as she led her horse with the girl on it back to their group. Both dismounted their horses.
"I feel the need to walk." Mirhith said to Enelya. "Randir will obey whatever rider is on him, so do not fear." With that, he dropped back to where the Maia was walking.
"Nuar is under your command." Iavasril told Erubadhor as he, too, dropped back to join the Maia and the little girl. "Are you hurt?" he asked softly, glancing momentarially at Amire.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2003 04:14
Gaelborn saddled the horse again ((does it belong to anyone? A name, perhaps???)) and started in the direction the girl had directed.

Enelya rode up beside him. "Why did you have to be so harsh on the child."

"I wasn't."

"You were," she hissed back.

He frowned, aware that the entire group was watching and listening eagerly.

"...sorry," he mumbled to the girl and urged the horse to go faster into the bushes.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2003 04:39
Enelya urged Randir to go faster, and she caught up with Gaelborn.

"I'm not saying I actually care for the child," she lied, trying to keep some of her pride. Not to mention she didn't want to look soft to anyone. "But I don't mind children in general. I didn't have that great of a childhood, and I wish to make sure at least someone does. And it's hard to do that when you go around yelling at every little girl you see. Alright?" she asked. Gaelborn opened his mouth to say something, but then decided it was best not to. "And speaking of children... you really should swallow your pride and ask someone to care for your wound."

"It's fine," he said in a defiant tone. She frowned and took his hand, twisting it slightly off to the left. He cried out in pain, but then bit his lip.

"Liar. And you're telling me about having dead weight in the group? If you don't get someone to fix it, I will, and as I said before I am no healer, so don't expect it to feel good. Try asking Amire, she should know a bit about healing," she said, turning Mirhith's horse and going back so she was once again riding next to her brother. She had a slight grin on her face, and Erubadhor looked to her and smiled.

"Feeling better?" he asked.

"Much."
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2003 04:43
Gaelborn gave the she-elf his very best glare but she paid no heed to it at all. Muttering the worst profanity he could think of at the moment, he turned his horse to Amire.

"What?" the Maia asked.

"I...I am in need of medical aid," Gaelborn said in a rushed, furious whisper. "My wrist...it's broken."

[Edited on 24/8/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2003 02:17
((What horse are you talking about, Siona? For all I know, it's yours. Could be wrong.))

As Gaelborn came back to the Maia requesting medical aid, Mirhith raised and eyebrow and walked up towards Enelya. "What did you say to him?" He asked, a little laughter coming into his voice. Iavasril, who was still walking with the Maia, shook his head.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2003 03:36
Enelya smiled, the first true smile she had smiled in a long time.

"I threatened to heal him myself," she said, making her brother smile as well. "What matters, though, is that there won't be any dead weight in the group," she said teasingly, and loudly enough so that Gaelborn could hear her, making him blush furiously.
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2003 04:28
Naralote had recovered from her laughing fit, and her eyes now glittered as she watched Amire inspect Gaelborn's wrist. She smiled coldly at Gaelborn. "It seems you have swallowed enough pride to ask for aid, Gaelborn." she said. Amire glared at Naralote. "I hope you have enough wit to shut your mouth, Naralote, before I get angry." Though Amire was slow to anger, her wrath was terrible when unleashed. She now turned back to Gaelborn's wrist and pulled a small cloth from her pack. She wrapped it tightly around the wrist, so that it could not bend,and then removed a small bottle from inside her cloak. She handed this to Gaelborn. "This will dull the pain and heal you within the hour." she said. Gaelborn's eyes were distrustful, but he took a small sip anyway. Amire replaced the bottle in her cloak, then turned away, glaring at Naralote as she passed. Naralote's eyes flickered, and she put both hands on Morgil's reins to keep them from reaching for her dagger.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2003 02:48
"I see." Mirhith chuckled. As Gaelborn passed, he glanced at the other, his eyes shining with tears of mirth. He had managed to swollow his laughter, but still found what Enelya had told him funny.

Iavasril was looking at the Maia, trying to decide whether he should ask her about the potion or not. Finally, curiosity won.
"What was that potion, if you don't mind my asking?" he asked quietly, still a little afraid of the Maia's wrath.

[Edited on 25/8/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2003 03:03
((Mirth? What be that, pray tell?))
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2003 04:54
((Look it up in the dictionary. That's what they're for. You don't go around with dictionaries hitting people over the head. But you can do that. But anyway... mirth: /murth/ n. happiness or enjoyment, especially accompanied by laughter [Old English myrgzz. Ultimetly from a prehistoric German word meaning "pleasant, joyful," which is also the ancestor of English merry. Sorry... just typed what the dictionary said. I'm rambling. Again.))

[Edited on 26/8/2003 by Nimeneth]
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2003 12:02
((Nice, nice...*runs over to brother and hits him with dictionary* :devil: ))
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2003 01:41
((Ok, last post before I go on vacation. I will be gone until Friday.))
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2003 03:49
[[I want to go on vacation! Curse you, Nimeneth! No, just kidding XD have fun!]]

Amire looked up at Iavasril. She smiled when she sensed his fear. "You need not be afraid, Iavasril. You have not upset me. Only Naralote. As for the potion, I assume you mean the cordial of Melian. She was a fellow maia, and when I last saw her in Doriath, she gave me enough to last a long time." Naralote clenched her fists at Doriaths name, though none but Amire noticed.

[Edited on 27/8/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2003 11:54
((What be Doriathe, pray tell? Have fun, Nimeneth!!))

Gaelborn saw Enelya smirk as he passed.

He ignored it. Instead of responding, he rode up to the girl. She pushed aside some bushes and pointed to a clearing. It led to the palace of Tharanduil.
<< First45678Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email