Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Elvish hearts *free to anyone!!!*
on: August 06, 2003 03:49
Enelya appeared next to her brotehr out of hte woods just in time to hear Amire apologize for Naralote. She covered her mouth with her hand to keep from laughing.

"Well, you got it right there," she muttered. Erubadhor elbowed her in the ribs rather hard, and she glared at him for a moment, before looking at every member of the company in turn, waiting to see who would make the next move.
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2003 04:49
Naralote relaxed her arms. She had been chipping away at the stone for nearly two hours, and the small statue was only half formed. It was a little sparrow, with a sharp beak and keen eye. She took a drink and stared up at the moon. Its pale light washed over her and she began to calm down. Amire's voice carried over to her.

..."Hopefully, I'll be able to keep her in line as we travel."...

She laughed inwardly. The amount of times Amire had said that before, Naralote could not count. She got up and walked over to Morgil, who was standing safely out of the way. The anger that had been in the air was enough to make even him uncomfortable. She stroked his black coat and sang softly to herself...

Ai! laurie lantar lassi surinen!
Yeni unotime ve ramar aldaron,
yeni ve linte yuldar vanier
mi oromardi lisse-miruvoreva
Andune pella Vardo tellumar
nu luini yassen tintilar i eleni
omaryo airetari-lirinen....
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2003 07:27
Gaelborn chortled at the Maia's remark on Naralote. "For the sake of my safety, I certainly hope so!"

He bowed again, out of respect, and noticed Enelya watching him. He quickly straightened, almost hitting his head on a low branch.

After all...cloaks these days didn't cover much.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2003 08:12
Enelya looked over at Gaelborn as he almost whacked his head on a branch. She laughed a bit, earning several odd looks from the others.

"So... is anyone going to say anything or are we just going to stand here all night?" she finally asked.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2003 01:57
Mirhith raised himself onto one of his elbows and stared at the scene before him in amusement, one eyebrow raised and a satisfied smirk on his face. He chuckled to himself and turned to find Iavasril absorbed with the carving in his hand. Mirhith frowned and touched his twin's shoulder, jerking the other out of his thoughts. The younger elf handed the carving and Mirhith set about examining it, trying to see what his brother had missed. Iavasril now took over his brother's position, watching the others in the night, shaking his head to hide his mirth.

((Yup, Iavasril is the youngest. Mirhith can be an idiot, so Iavasril acts more mature most of the time. And one more thing... sorry about the long time between my posts... i pulled an all nighter and ended up breaking two of my toes during it... so i spent about an hour at the doctors office and then camped out in front of the TV for the rest of the day. broken bones are no fun.))
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2003 04:02
((Ouch... how did you break them? Sounds like something I would do... lol. Hey waddya know, I think Mirhith kind of reminds me of Enelya and then Iavasril reminds me of Erubadhor... lol. ))

[Edited on 8/8/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2003 12:26
((I tripped.... down the stairs while running and I landed on my toes wrong. Yes, I realize who they remind you of... it's a little obvious.))
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2003 05:46
((Ow. Hope you feel better soon. Just so all of you know... I might not post this weekend. Depends on if dad lts me use the computer or not.))
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2003 06:01
[[Lol. I'm in the same situation. My dad is all mad at me and he banned me from computer until Monday...but I get on when he's not here, so he doesn't know :evil:]]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2003 06:29
((I can't get on the computer easily... my mom's making me do my summer reading, but she's been out of the house for a while, so I've been on... but it's also the matter of getting up the stairs.))
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2003 07:21
((SO sorry to hear about your toesies, Nimeneth!! Get better soon. ))

"So... is anyone going to say anything or are we just going to stand here all night?" she finally asked.

Trying his best (and failing quite horridly) to recover from nearly embarrassing himself, Gaelborn sheated his sword and dusted off his chest. "Yes! Well, the sun seems to be coming up," he said, looking to the golden horizon. "I suppose, if you really are all coming, we should get going."
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2003 07:27
Enelya nodded. "Sounds like a good idea to me," she siad. She and her brotehr began packing up their things.
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2003 07:45
Naralote looked at her finished stone sparrow. Her anger had caused the features to be sharper than she had planned. "Not bad," she muttered. She placed it in her pack on Morgil's back. Her things were already packed away, and she ate some food while waiting for the others.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2003 07:48
Gaelborn shouldered his own bag and went ahead of the others. Mirkwood was not to be underestimated, even by a group of this size. "Everyone ready?"
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2003 08:11
Gaelborn shouldered his own bag and went ahead of the others. Mirkwood was not to be underestimated, even by a group of this size. "Everyone ready?"

"I have been for some time," thought Naralote, but she didn't dare say anything that would annoy Amire further. "Er--yes, I'm ready," she said, casting a sidelong glance at Amire, who was sitting atop Nimril, her white mearas. Amire looked at Gaelborn. "I am ready as well."
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2003 08:29
"All right then, let's go." Gaelborn strode on, aware that the Maia was on his heels. He could feel her breath on the back of his neck.

He didn't trust wizards. Not even Gandalf, not anymore. Used to, but now...
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2003 11:33
((Thanks... my foot doesn't hurt as much as it did, and I'm walking! That's always a good sign.))

Iavasril rose and nudged his twin with his foot. Mirhith looked up from the carving and rose, handing the carving back to Iavasril before going over to Naur and Randir, speaking softly to the horses while his brother got their packs. Iavasril came over and handed Mirhith his pact, mounting as he did so. The silver haired elf did the same and joined the rest of the group.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2003 11:45
"Well, seeing as we're the only ones without horses, it loks like we'll be walking eh?" Enelya said to her brother. He nodded, not really hearing her, for he was content watching the sun rise as the group set off.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2003 04:19
Iavasril looked around fo rthe other set of twins and noticed that they were missing. He glanced back over his shoulder and noticed that they didn't have horses. Looks like we're going to be doubling up. he thought. MIrhith looked over and nodded, turning his horse back towards Enelya and her brother. Iavasril followed.
"Need a ride? We'll be happy to double up with you." Mirhith said, extending a hand to Enelya. Iavasril extended his hand to Erubadhor with a small smile.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2003 07:34
Gaelborn watched the others get ready. How was it just a few hours ago, he'd been on this mission alone...and, yet, now he had a company of six? (is that right?? >_>'))

Oh, well. It was never said that even Elves could choose their destiny.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2003 08:06
((yup, there are six of us. not as crowded as some of the others that ive been in... so having only six is kinda surprising to me... LOL! not that i object or anything.))
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2003 09:58
((Yeah, I've seen up to 15 people in other RPGs. ))
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2003 11:02
((It's kinda scary how people keep track of all of that... one of the others that im in should have at least 12, but they all went away... theres only five of us now... sad))

[Edited on 10/8/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2003 07:42
((Yeah. Hey, maybe I should actually POST now! ))

Gaelborn had never been in Mirkwood before, to tell the truth, but he really didn't want the others to know. It was always an unspoken rule for him to be as noble and intelligent as possible.

Unfortunately, it didn't work on Enelya: "You don't know where to go, do you?"

Turning his face from the woman, to hide the blush, and said, "Well...not really...I have heard of the river running through it...but that is all, I fear. Have you?"
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2003 10:57
((WOOHOO!!!!! I'm back!!!!! We had computer problems. :cry: I missed you all... *hugs all* Anywho... ))

Enelya smiled. "My brother and I have been through Mirkwood several times. If we don't have a guide who knows the way, we are likely to get lost and never come out again,' she said. Erubadhor glared at her.

"Why don't you just be done with it and tell him that you think you could lead better than he any day?" he said to her in a soft voice. "Stop showing off."

"Fine then," she said, blushing. "Hold on," she called, and the group stopped. She dismounted from the horse, and stepped up in front of Gaelborn. She looked around and examined the faded trail. "We need to keep going this way, and after a bit turn off. There's a clearer trail up ahead," she siad. She got back on the horse with Mirhith and they were off again.

[Edited on 11/8/2003 by foshpickle~greenleaf]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2003 12:13
((Glad to have you back... I was beginning to wonder what had happened to your characters... NE ways... I really should post now))

Mirhith glanced around at the trees of Mirkwood. He had only heard tales of the great size of them and was awed. Iavasril fared no better. Both twins looked around in wonder.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2003 12:26
"Big, isn't it?" she said to Mirhith. She was still in awe of the size of the forest, and how it seemed to go on and on forever. It was dark was well, and stuffy. Only the occasional chirp of a bird was to be heard, and nothing moved in the shadow off to the side. In truth it still scared her, although she would never admit it.

[Edited on 12/8/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2003 01:55
"Yeah, it is big. And a little scary. But I've heard stories that the Woodland king Thranduil has protected the northern part of the forest from the evils in it and his realm is very beautiful. I've never seen it myself, but friends of mine who have are impressed by the beauty." Mirhith said to Eleyna. A faint rustling was heard somewhere off to the side, but he ignored it.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2003 05:15
Enelya nodded. "I have been there... although not always under the best of circumstances," she said, grinning. Her brother cleared his throat, but she ignored him. "Never end up in his dungeons," she said. Erubadhor sighed and shook his head. She looked up sharply as a slight noise was to be heard of to the side. She could tell Mirhith had heard it as well, and she looked around suspiciously, but nothing was to be seen.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2003 07:21
Gaelborn also heard the mysterious noise. As the others chattered about Mirkwood and the safest roads through it, he cautiously walked over. Taking a small dagger from inside his belt, he held it up and looked over and into the bush.
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2003 08:08
When Naralote saw Gaelborn take out his dagger, she placed an arrow to her bow. Amire, however, glanced toward the bush, and dissapeared. Naralote felt a tiny breeze as Amire moved, unseen, towards the sound...

[[What's the noise-maker going to be? Is it an orc or something?]]
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2003 08:11
Erubadhor watched as Gaelborn stopped the company and got off his horse to investigate something in the woods. He dismounted as well and followed him, keeping his hand on the hilt of his sword. He crept up behind him and watched as the older elf looked over the bushes and brush that were in the way. Past them he could see a group of goblins; they were standing as still as stones, trying not to make any more noise than they already had.

Gaelborn looked to Erubadhor, and then the two elves looked back to the goblins. They looked at each other for a moment, before the goblins began shouting and running towards them. Erubadhor drew his sword.

"We're being attacked!" he shouted.

Enelya looked up at her brother's shout. Faster than anyone could see she had drawn her sword and was at his side. The two charged into the fray and began fighting, neatly slicing off the heads of their enemies as they had been trained. They stood back to back and fought, each knowing where the other would go, and how he or she would move and when.

Soon they had a circle of headless goblins on the ground around them. They looked up to see how the others were doing and if they needed help.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2003 08:24
Gaelborn was in his element. Without another thought, he threw the dagger straight into the forehead of a goblin running for the horses. The creature let out a horrible shriek and fell, spooking the horses into a dead panic into the woods.

Seeing the horses take flight, Gaelborn cried out, "No! All of our luggae are on those steeds!" He tried to run and bring them back, but he was suddenly grabbed by a Goblin from behind. It was the biggest he'd ever seen, almost as tall as Gaelborn himself!

The wretched demon had a hold of Gaelborn's wrist that held his sword. All it took was one swift movement and the crack of a bone to force the Elf to drop his sword. Trying to overcome the pain, Gaelborn swung at the Goblin with astonishing speed but his fist met only air.

He felt a burning pain as the Goblin swung him around, making Gaelborn dizzy and, with a broken wrist and no sword, defenseless.
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2003 08:25
At Erubadhor's cry, Naralote had leapt into the nearest tree and began shooting at the goblins. Her arrows flew into the foreheads of the orcs, and they fell, one by one. Amire was no longer a breeze, but a hurricane wind, and she knocked the goblins to and fro like rag dolls. The others slew them as they fell. Naralote's bow sang, metal crashed, but only the goblins fell.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2003 08:37
Seeing Gaelborn fall, Enelya left her brother to fend for himiself and rushed to his side. She fought off the goblin, but found it harder than she had thought. The thing was huge, most likely one of their captains, and with him dead there was a good chance that the others would become disoriented and flee.

The goblin captain had obviously been through many fights, and was much more skilled than his soldiers. She found it hard to attack, and was most of the time defendingherself. The creature advanced, and would have killed her then but for the fact that Gelborn stuck out his leg and tripped him. Enelya beheaded the captain.

Soon after noticin their leader was dead, many of the other goblins ran off into the woods. Enelya sighed and sat down next to Gaelborn. She took his arm and examined his wrist.

"It's broken," she concluded.

"Well thank you for stating hte obvious," he muttered. She set his arm back down, none too lightly, and he winced.

"I am no healer. Someone else will have to take care of it for you. Besides, you should have been more careful," seh said, walking away to examine the trail and see which way their horses went.

Erubadhor stepped up, wiping off his sword.

"That's her way of saying she hopes you're alright," he said, finishing cleaning his blade and sheathing it. He followed his sister to help look for the horses.
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email