Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Elvish hearts *free to anyone!!!*
on: July 31, 2003 10:51
[[w00t! okay....on with the RPG! ::charges::....ok...I posted the last..er..thing. So someone else has to continue. I'll bring in Amire after a few posts.]]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 01:24
((You posted the last thing? Alright, that's descriptive. Siona, thanks for helping me with my SSB problem. They have disappeared for the time being... but they will attack again... later today when I'm either on the bus or at the beach.))

Mirhith propped himself up on his elbows to stare at Naralote. He was beginning to like her. Seeing that he had no choice in the matter, he merely shrugged and lay back, lacing his fingers together behind his head. Iavasril gave a quick smile and lay back beside his brother. Are you starting to like her? Mirhith glared at Iavasril out of the corner of his eye. Now what makes you think that? he asked mentally. Oh, nothing. Iavasril smiled.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 02:30
Erubadhor took a seat near the fire next to Enelya, who was still humming and brushing her hair. He stare off into the flames and sighed, thinking to himself.

After a minute Enelya finished her hair and sat behind her brother and unbraided his hair and began brushin git.

"Why do always do that?" he asked, distracted from his thoughts as she continued humming and brushing.

"Because mother always used to... and I know if I didn't before long you wouldn't either," Enelya stated. He sighed again and let her finish though, as she was probably right.

After she finished braiding his hair, Erubadhor took two thick blankets and laid one on the ground, using the other to cover up with. He soon dozed off. Enelya, on the other hand, was used to staying up all night and keeping watch with her brother, so she found it hard to sleep immediately. She wandered off to the edges of their little camp and sat on a giant boulder, staring up at the stars and thinking.

[Edited on 1/8/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 08:15
Gaelborn had heard Enelya rise and walk over to the rock. Having his own problems with insomnia, he shed his blanket and walked over. "Nice, aren't they?"
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 08:30
Enelya nodded silently. "I'm so used to not stopping for the nights at all I find it hard to sleep," she said quietly, breaking her thoughts to glance at Gaelborn.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 09:02
The glance didn't get past Gaelborn's skilled eyes. "What? Is there something the matter?"
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 09:07
Enelya was speechless for a moment.
"Nothing's the matter... everything is fine. I'm sorry I looked at you," she said, a hint of annoyance in her voice. She sighed and continued her stargazing.
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 09:18
Naralote sat in a tree high above her companions. There was really no point in keeping watch; all of them were awake anyhow. She took out a small carving knife, broke off a short but reasonably thick branch, and began carving to pass the time. Every now and then, she threw the woodchips into the fire, feeding it. Her eyes roved to the star of Earendil, and a hot anger awoke in her. The light of that star was that of the Silmaril, and it belonged to her father. She forced herself to continue carving.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 09:21
Gaelborn frowned at the woman's slightly irritated reply. "Good," he said, and turned his own eyes back to the stars. The distant sound of carving could be heard.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 11:19
((O_O'... a daughter of Feanor? Interesting... and she still lusts after the Silmaril. Hmmm...))

Iavasril had drifted off asleep, leaving Mirhith to gaze at the stars alone. Alone. He was always alone, after Tathariel had died. His brother didn't understand how he felt, and Mirhith had spent time apart from his twin while he was mourning. He was still distant, but a little less so. A flick of a woodchip caught his eye and he looked up. He spotted Naralote in a tree carving, and then saw Gaelborn and Enelya sitting on a boulder at the edge of camp. He stood up and moved to the other side of camp, away from the others, and out of sight from Naralote. He wanted to be alone again. As soon as he was out of sight, he leaned against a tree and thought about things that he hadn't thought about in a while.
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 02:38
[[Yup]]

Naralote finished her carving and examined it. It was a dragon, perfectly carved to the last scale. It's eyes were angry and its sharp claws and teeth were long and deadly. The strong, sure tail was curved expertly, and the body and wings were poised as if flying. Naralote threw it to the ground and snapped off another branch, beginning a new carving.

[[Shall I make a unicorn? Just kidding ]]
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 03:01
Enelya stepped of fthe rock and over to where Naralote had thrown the carving on the ground. She picked it up and examined it, and had to admit it was very well done.

"Very good," she muttered. Though she was an elf, she had never seemed to pick up on art as well as other elves, and she secretly envied them. Even her brother seemed to be better at such things than her, execpt when it came to singing. Other than her skills as an assassin she had nothing but that, and she never told anyone of her love of music for fear of apperaing soft.

She shook her to bring herself out of her thoughts. "Might I keep it... if you don't want it that is?" she asked quietly.
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 04:31
Naralote waved her hand absentmindedly. "Keep it. I have no use for it," she said. The second carving was already taking shape in her hands. She had inherited her father's skill of hand, maybe even more than her younger brother, Curufin. She stopped and spoke to Enelya. "Why would you want it?" she asked.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 04:43
"Because... it is well-made," she said, kicking herself for making such a stupid excuse. She put the carving in her bag with her clothes and took out a blanket to lay on, setting it a few feet away from her brother's. She lay back and watched the flames. They calmed her, and she was soon sleeping.

[Edited on 2/8/2003 by foshpickle~greenleaf]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2003 03:34
((Sorry about coping your idea of carving! It's just that it kinda has a calming effect on me... so I transfer that to my characters. Sorry!))

Iavasril had followed his twin's path mentally. He could sense that Mirhith was upset, and let his brother go without question. He could never get any sleep when his brother was distressed. He rose quickly and silently, so as not to wake the others, and went out in search of his brother. He climbed into a tree to make it easier to get closer to Mirhith without detection. He noticed that Naralote was carving something and he had an urge to do the same. Carving had always calmed him. He pulled out a small knife from within his boot and broke off a small branch.
Iavasril was close to Mirhith when he dropped down to the ground and approached his brother. Mirhith turned around and noticed that his brother had a small wooden carving in his hand and managed a small smile.
"Sorry if I'm keeping you up."
"No, it's alright." Iavasril finished the carving of the pheonix that he was working on and studied it before putting the knife back into his boot. "I probably wouldn't have been able to sleep anyway. It's a little difficult to trust people that you only met about an hour ago enough to not cut your throat while you sleep." He chuckled. Mirhith smiled.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2003 07:12
((Yes, it seems to bring tranquil to our tempermental characters. ^^))

Gaelborn did not sleep. He sat on the boulder, looking up at the stars again. They seemed...dimmer tonight. He had once heard that when evil was afoot, the stars dimmed to warn the Elves.

He smiled and walked back to the camp, nestling under his blanket. "Thank you for the warning," he mumbled.

[Edited on 3/8/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2003 05:54
((Ah, this was on the second page. How hurtful. :cry: ))
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2003 09:20
Naralote watched Iavasril carve. When he had finished, she leapt from her perch to sit beside him. "May I see?" she asked. Iavasril nodded and handed her the pheonix. She observed it, turning it this way and that for a better view. Her sharp eyes took in every angle. "This is good work." She said.

[Edited on 4/8/2003 by Adueldaiel]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2003 11:03
"Thanks. Carving usually takes my mind off of problems that I had encountered during the day." Iavasril grinned at Naralote. "Which I had a lot of today."
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2003 12:02
Naralote laughed. "That is very true."
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2003 01:42
Iavasril laughed himself. "Some of them were the cause of my own brother." he turned to look at Mirhith and found that his brother had moved off. "Excuse me." He slipped over to where Mirhith was. "What's wrong?" he whispered.
"I don't know. It's just that something is bothering me. And I have no idea what it is." Mirhith replied.
"It might be nothing."
"I know. But it's still bothering me."Image

[Edited on 5/8/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2003 05:38
[[I'll bring in Amire now]]

Naralote listened to what Mirhith was saying. She, too, had felt something, but it was not a bad feeling. She turned her eyes to the fire. Suddenly, the flames began to lean to one side. A slight breeze ruffled her cloak, lifting her hair off her back. The breeze began to get stronger, whipping stray blankets into the air. Several people began trying to catch the blankets. The breeze turned into a strong wind, and packs began to fly up. Naralote leapt up as her supplies began to lift from the ground. She ran to catch them, finally pinning them down under her blanket. She weighed it down with several large rocks. The camp was in comeplete hysterics. Just then, the fire went out, and Naralote stood still, not daring to move. There was some strange power at work here. A white light appeared right where the fire had been, gradually growing brighter. There was a blinding flash of light, the wind died, and a tall woman appeared. She was floating a foot from the ground, and a light was around her. Her hair was long and white, and her flawless skin was as pale as the moon. Her large, violet eyes were staring straight at Naralote. As she landed softly on the ground, her hands were revealed with long, slender fingers. She walked towards Naralote, and did not stop till they were eye-to-eye. Then she smiled, finally speaking with her echoing voice.

"Hello, Naralote."
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2003 07:38
Gaelborn leapt from the boulder, sword in hand. "Who are you, witch?!"
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2003 08:08
Enelya lept up, drawing her sword as she did. The new arrival had wakened her, though as she looked to her brother, she saw he was still sleeping soundly. She stood near Gealborn, glaring silently at the woman, waiting for answer to his question.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2003 01:13
Mirhith stared at the woman standing before Naralote and his hand started towards one of the swords strapped to his back. Iavasril noticed the movement and stopped his brother from making a mistake. He sensed something about the woman standing in the camp and he was sure that she was on their side. But he wasn't sure, so he kept his distance from her.
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2003 01:42
Gaelborn leapt from the boulder, sword in hand. "Who are you, witch?!"

Naralote lost her temper at these words. She knocked Gaelborn's sword from his hands, grabbed him by his shirt's collar, and slammed him up against the nearest tree with immense strength for such a slender elf. Gaelborn gasped for air and struggled to release her grip. Naralote was fuming.

"Don't you DARE speak to her like that! APOLOGIZE you pompous oaf! If I were to slit your throat right now, it would be no less than you deserved!" The woman in white cried out. "Naralote, NO! Release Gaelborn before you kill him!" Naralote hesitated before throwing him to the ground. Then she turned to the others, her eyes full of fire and her hands clenched into fists. "Does anyone else have a problem with Amire?"

[Edited on 6/8/2003 by Adueldaiel]
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2003 05:22
Enelya glared now at Naralote. "Well, maybe I wouldn't have a problem with her if I knew who she was and why she just appeared in the middle of our camp!!!" she shouted, lowering her sword so she could step up to Naralote and look her in the eyes. "He didn't know, and I don't see what gives you the right to throw anyone around like that!" she screamed, fuming. She glanced back at the woman in white.

"I am sorry," she said, feeling, a strange, but definately not evil, air about her, and also for some reason the need to apologize. She then turned and continued glaring at Naralote.

It was at this moment Erubadhor decided to wake up. Naralote's and his sister's shouting had broken into a rather pleasant dream, and now seeing the lady floating above where their fire had been, he wondered if he had really woken up.

But looking around and seeing his sister locking eyes with Naralote, he shook his head and stood. He stepped over to where she was and put his hand on her arm.

"I really have no clue what's going on here," he said, yawning. "But I'm pretty sure it's not worth you two getting in a fight over," he mumbled. Enelya gave one last look to Naralote, then stepped back and stood by her brother a short distance away. Both waited for the woman to explain who she was and why she was there.
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2003 06:27
Naralote glared right back at Enelya and opened her mouth to say something. The woman silenced her swiftly with a wave of her hand. When she spoke, her voice was calm, but Naralote could detect a hint of anger. "My name is Amire, Enelya, and I came to help Gaelborn in his search. He knows that he will be facing one of great power, but how great he obviously does not know if he intends to rescue his sister with a few elves. However, I now wonder if I have done the right thing; coming to Gaelborn's aid. His greeting was a foolish one, and Naralote was right in calling him a pompous oaf. She was not, however, in the right to throw him about like that."

Naralote sneered. "He should have been able to throw me off. You'd think one of his pride would have the physical strength to back it up."

Amire threw Naralote a dangerous look. Naralote fell silent, but her eyes glittered. Amire turned to Gaelborn, and her anger was unveiled to all. "If I did not know better I would say that you were a young child of immense size. You jump to conclusions too quickly for your own good, Gaelborn son of Bregborn. In answer to your question, I am the Maia Amire sister to Eonwe, a handmaiden of Varda Elentari. And the Lady of the Stars does not take kindly to those who scorn one in her service."

[Edited on 6/8/2003 by Adueldaiel]
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2003 06:53
After hearing who the woman was, Enelya instantly regretted being so rash. Her brother gave her a worried look, but at the moment was rather preoccupied in trying to remember his dream, and not fall asleep standing on his feet. Enelya continued to glare coldly at Naralote, but refrained form saying anything fo fear of what Amire might do.
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2003 07:49
Naralote glared unblinkingly back at Enelya; her fiery eyes meeting Enelya's. Amire sighed, and turned to Mirhith and Iavasril. Her the anger left her voice and she smiled. "You two did not attempt to draw a weapon, and for that I am grateful. If only your faith would spread to those two," she said, indicating Gaelborn and Enelya (but mostly Gaelborn). She then turned to face Erubadhor. "I am grateful to you as well. Even though you awakened to find me, a strange newcomer, floating above the camp, you did not behave in a rash manner." She rounded on Naralote, who was still locked eyes with Enelya. "You could learn a few things from those three." she said angrily.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2003 08:07
Erubadhor was begining to get annoyed with his sister. He took her by the shoulders and turned her around to face him. He found that her eyes were beginging to go from green to the strange orange glow they tok on because of their special "gift"... now he was angry. He stared her down, and she seemed to get the message.

"I'm sorry, m'lady," Enelya muttered quietly. She pushed her brother's arms away and stormed off a distance from camp and sat down on a random boulder, arms crossed.

"Someone's not going to last very long," she muttered to herself. She attempted to calm her anger so that the whole forest didn't suddenly burst into flames, and not to mention Naralote. She nodded to a random branch laying on the ground and it went up in flames. She sighed, feeling a bit calmer, and sat back, watching the fire intently.

Erubadhor let his sister go, it was better, that way he wouldn't have to worry about her setting things on fire. He turned back to Amire.

"I'm terribly sorry about my sister... she gets like that," he said, sighing.
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2003 09:10
Amire shook her head. "You don't have to apologize for anything. If it weren't for Naralote's temper, none of the would have happened." Naralote grunted. She hated it when Amire treated her like a child. She walked away and started a fire again where the old fire had sat. Carving would not calm her now; she was far too angry. She needed stone. Grabbing a fairly large rock, she put together a make-shift hammer and chisel, and began chipping at the stone.

[[Poor, angry Naralote. The only thing that can calm her down in the woods is cutting away and some solid object. She needs to go to anger management one of these days XD]]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2003 01:28
((O_o;... yup. She defenetly needs anger managment classes. But where would we find someone in Middle-Earth willing to take her and her temper to the classes? Scary Naralote...))

Mirhith lowered his hand back to his side and stared at the woman before him. Iavasril bowed slightly to the Maia before the twins in respect. He was glad that he had stopped Mirhith from drawing a weapon. Mirhith noteced a little late that his brother had bowed and followed the example. The twins then sat down some way away from the fire to discuss.
"A Maia? Since when to Maia just appear out of nowhere and talk to people like they know them?" Mirhith hissed, confused.
"How should I know? I'm just as surprised as you are. But I don't understand how Naralote knows her." Iavasril whispered back, fingering his carving which held more meaning to him, but he couldn't find it. He sighed and turned his gaze up to the stars, hoping to find some answers there. Mirhith lay on his back, thinking about what had happened.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2003 07:09
((*stares at Naralote* DOWN! *whaps Naralote with PFOD* BAD ELF, BAD!!!))

Gaelborn glowered at Naralote, barely able to contain his fury. Thanking Valar that at least he had been raised with some manners, he ignored her and approached Amire. "My apologies, Lady. I did not know, and these are...untrustworthy times, even for the Elvish race."

[Edited on 6/8/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2003 11:05
[[VERY bad Naralote! *gives spanking* And her temper right there was not that bad. You want to see her worst? Try insulting her family... *shudders*]]

Naralote smiled with satisfaction at the furious look on Gaelborn's face. As far as she was concerned, he deserved it. Amire tried to hide her frustration with Naralote. That elf! If she didn't watch out, her temper would get her into unescapable trouble. Amire turned to Gaelborn. She was still angry, and her temper (when unleashed) was nearly as bad as Naralote's. Thankfully, she could control it. "I understand your suspicion, Gaelborn, and you are forgiven. Now allow me to apologize for Naralote's...er...rash behavior. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep her in line as we travel."
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email