Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Elvish hearts *free to anyone!!!*
on: August 12, 2003 08:50
Gaelborn glowered after Enelya. If it wasn't bad enough for another person (and a woman at that!) to save his hide, she had to cluck over him like his mother! He could feel his pride shatter as the twins walked off into the woods.

Frowning to hide the blush and shame, Gaelborn used his bad hand to pick up his heavy sword. The pain was the worst he'd ever felt in his long life, but he was determined to prove to these people, especially Enelya, that he wasn't as weak as they obviously now thought he was.

[Edited on 12/8/2003 by Siona]
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2003 09:04
Erubadhor studied the ground closely, looking at the prints the horses had left. Enelya knelt next to him, staring off into the woods.

"You really could be less harsh, you know. And if that doesn't convince you, think of it like this: he is much older than you and could kill you in a heartbeat if you annoyed him enough," he said. She rolled her eyes.

"Look... there," she said, pointing to a set of tracks that led off the trail. the twins followed them for a while, and sure enough there were the horses, standing on the side of the road.

"None are wounded and all the baggage is there, so the goblins must not have found them," Enelya said. Erubadhor nodded. The pair led the horses back to where the others waited. They mounted and were off again.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2003 09:14
Gaelborn delibrately avoided Enelya's eyes as she and her sibling rode up. "Is everything intact?" asked he.

"Yes," Erubadhor answered as he got off the steed. "None of the luggage or food is missing, and the horses are fine."

"Wonderful. Praise Eru that he had such good luck tonight; it could have been worse."

Without another word, Gaelborn grabbed the saddlehorn with his broken wrist and, although tears came to his eyes, threw himself up onto the horse. Taking the reins, he said to his companions, "I have the feeling that was the work of the wizard; we should get inside the forest as soon as possible."
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2003 10:39
Iavasril and Mirhith had done their best in the fight, and now sat on their horses, waiting for Enelya and Erubadhor to mount behind them. Goblins? This close to King Thranduil's realm? What...? Iavasril voiced his confusion mentally. Don't look at me. I have less of an idea than you do! Mirhith replied, helping Enelya onto the back of his horse. Erubadhor was already seated on Naur, so Iavasril kicked the horse next to Gaelborn.
"You really should be grateful that Enelya decided to help you. And you really should be grateful for people helping you. Had you been on your own, you would be lying there dead instead of those goblins." Iavasril was starting to get annoyed of the other's behavior towards them.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2003 02:39
Gaelborn sniffed and made sure that Iavasril nor anyone else could see his wound. No need to think that this noble-looking man was weak and frail. "So you believe. The goblin only took me by suprise, and I would have taken care of that fiend whether or not Enelya had intervened."

To the other's suprise, and Gaelborn's, he suddenly said, very quietly, "...Tell Enelya thank you," before nudging his horse into a trot into the dark woods of Mirkwood.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2003 02:48
Iavasril blinked at the request. "Well, that was unexpected." he muttered to himself. He still couldn't believe the other's arrogance. "Could have handled it himself my foot." he murmured, annoyed. He could now understand why his brother had wanted to attack Gaelborn.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2003 10:00
((Where are you people? Can we possibly get this thread moving again? I'm not about to machine gun post.))
ElvenWarriorPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2003 04:42
(I'll help! lol. Can I join?? I can make up a character or two....*thinks*Aha!!)

Tiosa walked through the woods. Where was Delvi? He was in front of her before. She shrugged and kept walking.
"BOO!" Delvi jumped in front of her. Tiosa rolled her eyes.
"Keep trying. Come on, I hear hooves." She started sprinting towards the sound, Delvi behind her. Tiosa ran into the path, Delvi after her. They came face to face with a small group of elves and horses. Tiosa backed up, Delvi stepped in front of her, ready to protect her. Tiosa cleared her throat and spoke up.
"What brings five elves to Mirkwood?" She inspected each face. Then she came upon one who was clearly trying to conceal the pain of a wound. Tiosa walked out from behind Delvi and walked up to his horse.
"My lord, do you need help with your arm? You must be in great pain. let me help you. I am a healer."
Delvi spoke up.
"She is the best in the family." Tiosa smiled kindly at the man.

ooc:good enough?
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2003 06:01
((To ElvenWarriorPrincess: Sorry. No more people are joining. SORRY!!! We just have too many!! :cry:

To Nimeneth: Wondering the same thing... :drool: ))
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2003 10:04
((*Is also wondering* Well I seem to have nothing to post without looking like I'm trying to hog the spotlight... *Gets a rather ticked off look from Enelya* lol ))
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2003 08:57
((HI EVERYONE! *hugs people* Sorry... little out of it today. *grins and gets a strange look from Mirhith* What? So what if I'm strange. Ok, as an apologie befor this happens if this happens, I might not post as often as I'd like to. Taking over two of my friend's characters. Ok, Siona... so no more people joining?))

Iavasril slowed his horse until he was riding next to Mirhith and Enelya. Mirhith raised an eyebrow but didn't question the surprised look on his face. Iavasril looked Enelya directly in the eye and said "Gaelborn voices his thanks." He turned his attention back to the path and mentally grumbled his hatred of being the messenger. Mirhith rolled his eyes.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2003 09:06
((No more, unless a character up and dies, leaves, or whatever.))
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2003 09:38
((I'm hungry. That hamster stuffing it's face on your av, Siona... yum..... *needs food* lol..... :drool: ))

Enelya raised an eyeborw. Of all things Gaelborn could have said, she had definately not expected that. She looked to her brother and he shrugged, not having any better clue than she did as to his sudden change. She shook her head and turned her attention to the woods beside the path.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2003 10:07
((Ahhh... foshpickle, my stomach gave a rumble when you mentioned food... I need to eat...:drool)

Mirhith glanced around the path and before them, senses on alert in case of another goblin attack. That last one had taken them by surprise, and he wasn't in the mood to be attacked again. Iavasril glanced upwards into the tree tops for any spiders that might lurk in the darkness before turning his attention to the forest on the side of the path.

((Don't ask... there are spiders in Mirkwood.... heeey... I just got another idea! Don't kill me, but what do you all say to a spider attack? Just curious, and it's much more interesting than just riding through the woods, doing nothing.))

[Edited on 16/8/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2003 04:22
((Alrighty, sounds like fun to me. Attack away, since I kind of started the last one. ))
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2003 02:30
((Oooohhh.... spider attack... THANKS! *goes off to plot how to start the attack* Ah-HAH))

The company rode along in silence for a few moments before Iavasril heard a rustling in the leaves somewhere off of the path. He halted Nuar and dismounted, starting towards the sound, knives drawn. Suddenly, a spider came out of the bushes and headed straight towards them.
"Spiders!" he hissed, barely managing to avoid the pinchers. Mirhith saw what happened and had his bow out in a flash. He fitted an arrow to it, aimed, and let it fly. The spider went down. There was little time for relief because more spiders came out of the underbrush.

[Edited on 17/8/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2003 09:30
Enelya jumped of Mirhith's horse and took out her sword again. He brother joined her.

"Will we ever be able to travel without being attacked every five minutes?" he asked.

"I hate spiders," Enelya said, slicing the head off of one that came to close. "I really really hate spiders." Her brother laughed and the pair continued fighting.

Suddenly, a spider that had been watching the pair fight from above decided to jump. It landed on Enelya, taking her down. She dropped her sword and it landed where she wasn't able to reach it. Slowly, other spiders began to circle around Erubadhor, making it so he was unable to help her.

"Oh, you shall taste beautiful...." the spider hissed at her in a hoarse voice. She shuddered and twisted, trying to reach her sword. She could see Erubadhor a short distance away, trying to get to her. The spider pinned her arm down, and she bit her lip so as not to cry out.

The spider put her head down near Enelya's neck and was going to bite her, so she could drag her away to it's web. Enelya smiled now, the spider had let her arms go. She reached down to her belt and found her dagger that she kept next to her sword. She plunged it deep into the spider's stomach. It shrieked, but such a blow was not enough to kill it, and it went back to trying to bite her. She punched it in what she assumed was it's face, and while it was still tryng to recover from the blow she stuck her dagger in it again. It finally bcaked off and she quickly got to her feet, grabbed her sword and beheaded it. She went back and joined her brother.

"I see youfinally got yourself out of that one. I was beginging to worry," he said, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm sre you were," she answered, rolling her eyes. The two fought for a few more minutes, and soon it was clear to the otehr spiders that none who attacked them would survive, and quickly ran back into the woods, or attempted to attack the others. Enelya sat down and set her sword next to her. She examined her right hand, the one she had used to punch the spider with. It was rather swollen and red, and apparently when she had punchedit it's fangs had knicked her, as there was a small gash that was turning an ugly purple color form the poison.

"I hate spiders," she mumbled to herself. Her brother looked down at her from cleaning his sword, with a bit of worry on his face.

"You really have to be more careful," he said as she tore a strip off of her cloak and wrapped it around her wound.

"I'lll be fine," she said, standing and wiping off her own blade. "Let's go see to the others, shall we?" she said. The twins walked to where the group was re-assembling after the attack, since they had all goten separated somehow. Enelya instantly went over to Gaelborn.

"Did you have problems?" she asked, gesturing to his broken wrist.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2003 11:57
((Awww... I always miss the action! Why am I the one who misses the action? *drums fingers on desk and pouts*))

Iavasril had been pinned to the earth and the spider that had been trying to bite him had almost succeded. It would have, too, if Mirhith hadn't seen what was going on. The elder twin had dispatched the spider easily enough and now lent Iavasril a hand.
"Caught off guard?" he inquired.
"Shut up." Iavasril growled back before turning to look at his companions.

[Edited on 19/8/2003 by Nimeneth]
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2003 01:52
When the spiders jumped out, Naralote had immediately rolled her eyes. Were all the evils of Middle Earth out to get them? It really did not make sense. Amire, however, had drawn out her sword and was slicing Spiders to and fro, her white gown splattered with their red-green blood. Naralote did not move from her position atop Morgil, but pulled out her bow and began shooting at them, almost lazily. She was too proud to allow a few spiders to worry her. Amire glared as Naralote yawned and shot at the same time. This was one of those times when Amire saw not an ageless elf, but an ignorant twit.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2003 08:55
"No", replied Gaelborn hotly, pulling his arm out of Enelya's grasp and pulling out his sword to join the battle. With one sweep, two spiders were slain before they could leap upon the unprotected steeds. They shrieked, inking the ground with their foul-smelling blood, and helping to restore Gaelborn's wounded pride.

He looked over at Naralote. She seemed almost bored at this battle, and he almost agreed with her. He could see that she was as old as she, if not older, and had lived an active if not bloody life.

It was one of the few times Gaelborn felt admiration to someone.

[Edited on 18/8/2003 by Gilraen]
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2003 03:18
Enelya frowned. It's no wonder I don't try to be nicer to people, if this is how I'm going to be treated for it, she thought. She decided that since no one seemed to need or appreciate her help, she would just sit back and watch the fight. She stepped back and blended into the shadows to the side of hte path where she would not be seen and watched as her companions fought.

Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2003 01:55
Mirhith was a deadly whirlwind of steel as he fought, Iavasril covering his back. How many fights do we have to go through before we prove that we're a threat? Mirhith was getting annoyed. Iavasril shook his head and shrugged. But Mirhith was right. If this was the evil Istari's doing, when would they be considered a threat? Iavasril pondered this in his head as he fought.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2003 06:08
Finally, after what seemed like hours, all the spiders had been killed or driven away. Erubadhor had not expected to find more after meeting up with the others again, and the fact that Enelya had dissapeared bothered him.

"Have you seen my sister?" he asked Iavrasril, a hint of worry coming into his voice. But before the other elf could answer, someone tapped himon the back.

"I'm right here," Enelya said. He frowned.

"Where in Middle-Earth did you dissappear off to? And why right in the middle of a battle?"

"Never mind," she said sullenly. He didn't ask further, as she was obviously in a very bad mood at the moment. He shrugged and turned to Gaelborn.

"Should we get going again, then?" he asked.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2003 07:29
Gaelborn pulled out a cloth and wiped the goo from his blade. As he did, he noticed that his wrist had begun to bleed, of only a little, and was aching again.

"I suppose so. Do we really have much of a choice?" he replied as he sheated his sword and walked over to his jittery steed. "But I think we should fly; Mansaru can reach us even through the thicks and magic of Mirkwood, and the only true safe place we can find is with King Tharanduil."
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2003 08:00
Naralote was walking about the remains of the spiders, looking for arrows that were not damaged. By the time she had filled her quiver, everyone else was already ready. Amire beckoned to her. "Naralote, if we are to get anywhere today, you must hurry!" Naralote grinned. "I'll take my time, thank you..." she said. Morgil began to stomp impatiently. Naralote laughed and swung upon him. "All right, Morgil, I'm ready," she said. She turned to the others. "Shall we be off? Thranduil's palace is still a ways off, and the sun is nearly mid-sky. We have not much time if we wish to reach the palace before sundown..."

[Edited on 20/8/2003 by Adueldaiel]
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2003 08:57
Gaelborn looked up, rather marveled at how Naralote could see through the dense upper canopy of the woods to see even the Sun. "To be perfectly honest, fellows, I have never been in Mirkwood until now; perhaps one of you knows a shorter route?"
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2003 11:50
((Thrabduil doesn't have a castle. It's more of a palace, where most of the stuff is under the ground... *gets smacked in the head by Iavasril* Alright! I can't help if I'm touchy over things like that!))

Mirhith shrugged at Gaelborn's question, wiping the blood off of his blade on one of the carcassas before sheathing it. Iavasril came back leading Naur and Randir, who had bolted when the spiders had attacked.
"Neither my brother nor I have been in these woods either." He said, vaulting up onto the horse's back. He guided Naur over to Erubadhor and offered the other a hand. Mirhith carefully studied the spider on the ground with a wary eye. He hated spiders, and this was the first time he had actually seen on of the giant ones of Mirkwood up close.
"Mirhith." Iavasril said softly, trying to gain the attention of his twin. Mirhith's head snapped up and he glanced up at his brother before mounting his own horse and offering Enelya a hand.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2003 01:31
Enelya took Mirhith's hand and mounted his horse. She looked down to the carcasses on the ground one more time and shuddered.

"Ugh... spiders," she said, rubbing her sore hand gently. "Let's go," she said, and the group started off again.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2003 02:00
Gaelborn mounted the other horse and rode alongside Enelya and Mirhith. He noticed a stain upon Enelya's leg, crimson red, and asked, "Are you alright?"
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2003 02:13
Enelya glared at Gaelborn. "I fine," she said, before she noticed he was looking at he leg. She looked down to find a large red stain, that seemed to be growing. "When did that happen?" she muttered. She carefully peeled her dress off the wound and lifted up the bottom of it. It was then that she noticed a gash going from her ankle to her knee. She cursed. "I'll fix it when we stop," she said, noticing htat now she knew she was wounded it actually began to hurt.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2003 02:18
Gaelborn pulled on the reins of both his and Mirhith's horses. Whlie the group stared on in shock, Gaelborn lifted the wounded maiden from the horse and onto a nearby stone. "If we don't care for it now, you'll run risk of falling ill."
Adueldaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2003 02:24
Naralote's eyes sparkled with amusement at Gaelborn's act. Amire smiled to herself as she and Naralote exchanged glances. It seemed that Gaelborn was warming up to Enelya.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2003 02:35
Enelya opened her mouth to protest, but found that she had nothing to say. Erubadhor, after recovering from his own shock, grabbed her pack and tossed it to her. She caught it and took out a rag and wet it with some water from her bottle. She wiped off the wound carefully, and went to lokin her pack for something to wrap it with. "I... don't have anything to bandage it in," she said, feeling rather stupid.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2003 02:45
"That's alright." Gaelborn rummaged through his pack and brought out a small roll of cloth and, to his suprise, Enelya allowed him to bandage the wound. "Can you ride?"

Enelya nodded, still a little suprised.

"Good." He lifted her again and set her on Mirith's saddle. "We can't have dead weights in this group," he said as he got back on the horse and started on again.

Unbeknownst to the group, this was one of the first kind acts that Gaelborn had acted upon anyone in years.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2003 02:52
After the group started out again, Erubadhor begin thinking. He wasn't sure what was more surprising, the fact that Gaelborn had actually wanted to help his sister, or that fact that she had let him. He was quite surprised that she hadn't punched him in the face (as slapping wasn't her style) as soon as he had lifted her off the horse.

"I'm not dead weight... at least I'm not too stubborn to let someone help me with my wounds," he heard her mutter from beside him. He turned his head to glare at her; he knew this was far from the truth, and that she had been taken by surprise, otherwise their leader might have ended up with another broken wrist.

"Well that was odd, no doubt," he muttered.
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email