Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First7891011Last >>
Author Topic:
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Dark Times (please join. loosely scripted but free to join.)
on: December 11, 2003 01:27
Mika stepped out of the shadows behind the Lady Cassandra and tapped her on the shoulder.She didn't look all that pleased.
"My Lady, why do you tell lies to an innocent girl?" Mika asked Cassandra, barely concealing the anger in her voice.
"I have no idea what you're talking about," Cassandra told her. "It is rude to eavesdrop anyway."
"I can read your mind!" Mika said, a little louder then she had intened. "I don't know what you're plotting," she said in a quieter voice. "But stay away from Aroura, she has enough problems without you weaving your spider webs." With that said, she said the one word spell that dissapated (sp?) her body back into the shadows.
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2003 01:30
Rafe rode to the castle and found Robert near the stables. "Robert," he shouted. "Get over here."

Robert responded with alacrity, although not without some confusion.

"What are you doing back here at the palace? And without letting me know where you were going? I had plans to stay near the docks for another day or so, but you have made this impossible."

"I had thought you wanted me to come back here," Robert stammered. "To prepare your room and let your men know of your arrival."

"If I had wanted that I would have told you specifically. My business in Norway was the Queen's business and was to be kept secret. I had not told anyone of my whereabouts, and now my arrival coincides with the arrival of the Norwegian delegation. This will cause unneccessary speculation as to where I've been. If you have not wits enough to obey my orders, hopefully you have the brains to understand that there are spies in the castle looking for any reason to undermine the Queen's rule. If any of these well laid out plans are ruined because of your haste you will know the consequences of your actions," Rafe angrily told Robert.

Robert stood looking at his shoes.

"Take care of Ironfoot while I go greet my men. I hope there's nothing else to cause me to regret raising you as my squire." With another glance at Robert, Rafe went to the mess hall.

He saw a group of his knights in a table near the corner. "Where've you been Rafe? Well good to have you back," they said.

"I've been out of the world for a few days. Fill me in on what's been going on these past fews days."

Rafe did not learn anything new. He'd known that the Prince would come back without any definitive news. But it seemed that the palace was just sitting on its hands waiting for something to happen. Well, that something had just come in tonight. He was surprised that most of the knights and guards in the palace were preparing for war, although no orders had been given. They were all fighting men and could feel the tension in the air.

Stephen had watched Luke leave to follow Lord Cartwright and find out what he could. About an hour later, when he and some other men were preparing to leave, Rafe came in. They filled him in on all the news, but it wasn't much, nor was it anything surprising.

"What have you been doing with yourself these days Rafe?" Stephen asked.

"Just some minor business. It's all been taken care of. But all this going on at the castle is much more intersting. What do you think will happen with the negotiations?"

"Everything is at a standstill right now. But I'm afraid there will be fighting involved. Doesn't even matter how negotiantions go," Stephen said.

"That's awfully pessimistic. I still have some faith that things will work out in the end."

"The Lady Aurora will be departing for England tomorrow. Our Queen must not have your optimism if she is already seeking another alliance."

"Who knows what the night will bring?" Rafe vaguely asked.

[Edited on 12/12/2003 by CarolP]
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2003 05:49
Rose returned to the hall expecting to find her guests - but they had all left. She felt so guilty leaving them they way she did before, but she would have made more of a disgrace of herself had she remained and began weeping.

A messenger had come and was waiting for her. "Your Majesty," he said, standing and bowing to her. "I bring a message from my King in Norway for you. May I speak with you, alone?"

Taken back a little, Rose answered slowly,"A message from Norway? In that case, I must have my advisors with me. Have you any problems with this?"

This time, the messenger was taken back and answered, "No Your Majesty, I have no problems with this".

Rose smiled, a fake smile, then turned to call for her advisors to gather. Philip entered the room at this moment, reminding her of other matters - England. Were they going to need the English more than ever?

Go on Phillip. Everything is alright here. I will handle everything. I am sure that you are wanting to speak to Aurora," she spoke to Philip and made sure he went off to find Aurora.

She clapped her hands twice to get the attention of a page close at hand, "You there. Will you please gather my advisors, but make sure you find Lord Rupert, I need him most of all".

The page nodded and hurried off quickly. "And you," she looked at the messenger, "T'what is your name?"

"I am Jonathon Abbott, representing His Majesty and his board of foreign ministers," he answered smiling, his face starting to resemble that of a toad.

"Very well, Mr Abbott. Please take a seat," she gestured with her hand to the table nearby, "Would you like anything to eat?" she continued, trying to be polite - proving somewhat difficult.

"No, thank you," he replied slyly and took his seat.

"Very well, please wait for my advisors to gather, than you may deliver whatever message you carry," Rose instructed and took a seat herself. "They won't be too long as they were all here a few moments ago..."

[Edited on 12/12/2003 by Beleg_Strongbow]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 06:57
"Aurora, is it true that...that you are leaving for England soon?" Philip asked, straining to keep his voice level. "To marry an English lord?"

The girl before him lowereed her head. "It is so, my lord." she said softly.

"You can't." Philip stated. "You can't do this."

"It is necessary, my lord-"

"Stop. Before I left you were calling me Philip." he said, a little fiercely.

"It is necessary, Philip." the young man thought he detected a quiver in Aurora's voice, or had he imagined it? "To form a proper alliance with England."

"But...you just can't." Philip said. Without realizing it, he had put his hands on her shoulders and was standing closer than what would be proper. "You can't because I want to make you my Queen. I should have said so before I left."

(OOC: Okay Browynn, I'm doing my best, but I don't think he'll get really mad until she tells him that she doesn't love him or whatever it was you were going to do...)

Robert had put away Ironfoot's gear and was currying him as the horse ate. The boy's cheeks were still red from the scolding he had recieved; but at least it was only a scolding and he had been in the wrong.

'I need to pay more attention. I'll just have to work all the harder now.' he determined. 'And I won't let Sir Rafe down like this again.'

Luke had followed Lord Cartwright about, but it didn't seem the man was doing anything out of the ordinary. In fact, trailing the man was beginning to get boring. The red-headed theif stifled a yawn.

Suddenly, his attention was captured as a servant approached Cartwright and told him that the Queen requested his presence as a messenger from Norway was here.

'Hm, this could prove interesting.' Luke thought, smiling a little.

Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 08:28
As emotional termoil ran rampant in the castle, Elisabeth flew outside, all weariness forgotten.
The argument had grown dangerous er the young princess arrived on the scene. Sir Edward was irate and the only thing that kept him from the throats of the Danish soldiers was the spears they carried. He was shouting at the top of his lungs, and in the breif moment that she stood there, Elisabeth heard more curses and obscenities than she'd heard in her entire life, all of them from the English knight.
"Sir Edward!" she shouted.
The entire congregation, Danes, peasants, nobles, all, turned to see the Princess standing stiffly in the gateway, her hands on her hips and a venomous gleam in her eyes, which were focussed on her would-be gaurdian.
"Ah, Your Highness, so glad..." said Edward in a sickly sweet tone, but she cut him off.
"Just exactly what do you think you're doing?!"
"I was simply expressing my dislike about the lack of welcome we were given, m'lady, and then found out the incompitant fools weren't even expecting us! Can you imagine?"
" I've known worse." she said in a wrathful tone.
Sir Edward looked away from the young royal, not because he was repentful, but rather he found it impossible to endure her gaze....

[Edited on 12/12/2003 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 12:32
"Phillip stop!"
She could not bear it anymore. Tears were welling in her eyes. She dropped her gaze to avoid his. Phillip still had a hold of her but his grip lightened.
"Do you love me?"
She felt the weight of the question. You need to tell him , she heard Mika's words in her mind from their prior conversation.
"And I will." she whispered almost incoherently. She raised her watery eyes to Phillip's.
"No Phillip, I can't."
"No you don't love me, or no you can't? Which is it?" he sounded shocked.
"Both." she said almost in tears. "I did love you. You must believe that, but if I am to marry in England I must let the feelings of my heart go. My personal desires are no longer relevant. I must let you go."

Earnest was getting impatiant. It had been hours since the messenger had been sent to the castle and still he had not returned with news. He began to wonder if he should go there too.

Lord Rupert hurried into the hall after being found by the boy. The Queen was standing with a messenger and a few of the other advisors had arrived.
"What is it your Majesty?"

[Edited on 12/12/2003 by CarolP]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2003 12:19
Philip swallowed hard. "And I?" he asked, his voice cracking a little. "I must let you go as well?"

Aurora lowered her head and did not answer. Philip forced himself to let go of her and returned his hands to his sides. He didn't know what to say...didn't know what to do. Suddenly the thought that he would never see Aurora again, never see her shy smile or the way her eyes lit up or....Philip shook his head and turned away.

"I can't believe that...that you..." he shook his head again, closing his eyes. Words of his father came into his head.

'To be a king requires sacrifice. Sometimes, what is good for one's country must come before one's feelings.'

Philip bit his lip then straightened his shoulders. "Very well." he said in low, slightly husky voice. "Then if you must go you must. But Aurora, I cannot let go of my feelings as you seemed to have been able to do."

'Stop.' something in his mind said. 'This is not her fault; do not taint your remaining time with her by hurting her!'

"It seems I have realized that I love you too late." Philip continued stiffly. "I wish you happiness in the life you have chosen." The prince walked quickly from the room, his head bowed, and fists clenched.
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2003 12:57
"Ah Rupert, you have come," The Queen smiled and beckoned him to sit down with the other advisors. "This is Jonathon Abbott, a messenger of the King of Norway, or so he says. He comes with a messege from His Majesty and I felt it would be better that I had all of you here with me when he declared it. Please, Mr Abbott, address the council..."

Abbott stood, his face clenching into a smile. He closed his eyes a moment and began. "I bring news from My Majesty, King of Denmark. It is only short, and will take a few seconds of your time. I doubt very much you will need me after, as His Majesty requires no answer from you..."

Rose swallowed, her face turning white. She knew what he was implying.

"...His Majesty requires you Queen Rose, your advisors, and the whole of Denmark, to surrender to the power of Norway".

Rose stood eyeing him, "We will do nothing of the sort!"

"Tough, you can do nothing about it," he replied, his road-like face smiling crudely. With that he ran quickly from the room.

"Seize him! Seize him!" Rose called, but Abbott slipped from their grasps. Not only had he delivered the worst news possible for Denmark, but he had made a mochery of their guards. Rose swore under her breath, thankfully no one heard her.

Rose placed her hand in front of her eyes and sat back down again. Her advisors were now standing. "Well, Lord Rupert, Gentlemen, as my advisors I need you now. What must we do?"

[Edited on 12/14/2003 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2003 07:50
i did not choose it. Aurora thought sadly as she watched Phillip walk away. But his words had hit her hard and she could no longer remain complosed. She fell to the ground, her face curried in her dress and weeped long and hard. Her whole body began to shake because of her anxiety. She began to regret agreeing to this, not really agreeing but obeying to it. Now she would never see Phillip again. The man that she loved so dearly would marry to someone else and she would have to stand by and watch. There was nothing that could console her anymore . . .

(oooohh poor Aurora. )

"Your Majesty we must prepare the army. The men must be formed and at the ready. The attack could come at any time. And there will be an attack. God willing it will be after Aurora has left so that there is still a chance not only for her safety but to ensure that she reaches England and the alliance is confirmed. Once she is there there is no doubt that England will help us."
Rupert looked at the Queen's weary and worried face. He stepped closer to her and lowered his voice so that only she could hear.
"We have done all we could to avoid this confrontation Rose but it can not be avoided any longer. We have done the right thing. You have done the right thing. You are strong and with your valiant leadership we will prevail in this endever."

Earnest looked up as the messenger returned. The boy hurried over to him.
"Well Abbott? What knews?"
"I delivered the King's message and that is all. The rest is in your hands."
"Very well. Tell the men to prepare themselves for tomorrow. We ride to the castle in the morning."
He turned to Lord Greeve and smiled slyly.
"Yourself, my lord, Sir Rafe and I will go to the Queen tomorrow morning before the attack to officially declare war on this country."

[Edited on 12/14/2003 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2003 03:00
Joan fell asleep as quickly as she reached the chair, exhausted with recent events. But her dreams were in turmoil. She saw herself leaving for England on a ship, then herself in England, stiff and reserved. She saw Robert going to war, his face looking determined, though she knew he was at least a bit frightened. Then she dreamed him getting married to a lady, a real Lady and the queen knighting him; it was all he wanted...
She woke up suddenly as someone jabbed her with a broom in her leg. It was Jetta.

"Get up you lazy girl." she said scornfully. "We won't dress you ourselves and you smell like a pigsty."

She got up slowly, watching other maids bustle around the room, filling trunks and pressing clothes. She was disturbed by her dream, and feared it's potential to come true.

After a thorough scrubbing by an old, scruffy-looking maid, and a change of clothes, Joan was made a maid. She was shown her palette that she would share with another of the maids and given a list of her duties when in the presence of the Lady. She was then instructed to go find Aurora and present herself to her new mistress.

Glad to be out of the presence of all those women, Joan took the time to try to memorise her way around the castle. But before she got very far, she saw Lady Aurora slumped on the ground, crying. The maid approached her cautiously, she had not been told what to do if her mistress was crying.

"I...um, m-my lady..." she stammered nervously. Oh, hang the rules! she thought, and put a hand on Aurora's back while crouching down to speak with her at eye level.

"My Lady Aurora, if it's not too bold for me to ask, not that I would know since I'm new and all, but are you alright? Do you want me to fetch you anything?"

[Edited on 15/12/2003 by MrsLegolasGreenleaf]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2003 05:02
Elisabeth led her entourage into the coutyard and rushed inside. A young man directed her to the east wing, a part of the castle reserved for guests. She quickly chose a room and returned to the coutyard. She selected a single trunk, placing select garmets, gowns and necessities inside. Calling for Anna, her most beloved servant, she sent the rest back where they came from, ordering Sir Edgar to lead them back to the coast and await her and Aurora's arrival. She would wait until she had returned to England to explain why she'd run away from her caravan.
Returning to her room with Anna at her side, Elisabeth changed from her worn and tattered traveling gown into something far more regal. The gown she chose was a garnet colored silk and pale gold brocade. Anna braided Elisabeth's long sable locks, lacing the braid with gold ribbon. After whispered reasurance from her best friend and servant, the beautiful English princess left the guest wing, headed for the council hall. There was to be a meeting between English embassadors and the Queen tonight. Those very same embassadors Elisabeth had just sent packing. She was now resolved to speak with Queen Rose herself. Little did she know what tragedies had unfolded in her absense...
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2003 05:32
Aurora looked up through watery eyes at the servent girl beside her. It was the same girl who had caused the accident in the hall earlier.
"I am afraid I am quite distressed lady but I shall be fine. Thank you for your consern though."
She got to her feet and straightened her skirts then looked at the girl again. She cocked her head to one side.
"Who are you?" she asked wanting to know the girl's name.

[Edited on 15/12/2003 by CarolP]
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2003 06:34
"We have done all we could to avoid this confrontation Rose but it can not be avoided any longer. We have done the right thing. You have done the right thing. You are strong and with your valiant leadership we will prevail in this endever," Lord Rupert spoke to her in a hushed voice. The rest of the council now stood and spoke angrily with one another, fists raised and scowls. Rose listened to her dear friend closely as he spoke, her lips pressed tightly together, and tears that had been forming disappeared.

"Gentlemen, gentlemen!" Rose stood raising her hand to them, an attempt to stop their quarrelling. "We must do what is suggested, and this bickering will not help. Do we all agree with what has been proposed?"

"Aye," they all agreed and took their seats again. Rose remained standing.

"Very well, I give the order that the army be prepared. They will be positioned at various points to stop Norwegion intrusion. I am unsure as to where they should be, so Lord Cartwright, we will have to have your military guidence on that...Lord Cartwright?" Rose looked up from the map in front of her.

The council were at a loss, searching faces for the one Her Majesty called for. "He is not here Your Majesty..."

"You there," Rose called to the young messenger used earlier to gather the council together. "Where is Lord Cartwright, did you not alert him?"

"No M'am, we searched at searched. Lord Cartwright was no where to be found, Majesty," the youth replied, lowering his gaze.

Rose listened, her face forming into a confused look. She went to speak, but said nothing. "Very well, he must be found. His guidence is essential!" She said, her voice raised, she stood up and paced the room. Her red cloak trailing behind her in a vigerous fashion. She placed her hands behind her back as an advisor spoke.

"Your Majesty, would you like us to send someone for him now?"

"Yes, make sure he is found. I cannot understand where he would be. In fact, I have seen nothing of him the whole time he has returned. Perhaps he has fallen ill? Whatever the reason, he must come to us. We need him now," Rose replied.

The young messenger ran off to find other young pages to spread the word to find His Lordship.

Rose returned to her seat, and sat slowly, her face set in determination. (Think Cate Blanchett in Elizabeth) "Gentlemen, we will close this meeting now. Do as you have been told. We will meet again once Cartwright has joined us. As it is getting late, I suggest first thing in the morning. We will need our rest. Lord Rupert you remain, as I believe we have some English ambassadors meeting with us soon".

The council nodded, and went off to do their duties. Rose remained, and once the other advisors had left, she rested her head in her hands and signed. Her eyes began watering, but they did not cry.

"Your Majesty, Elisabeth of England to see you," the doorman called, and Elisabeth entered. Rose recognised her as the newcomer who had joined them for dinner, the night she left the room.

"Lady Elisabeth, we have not yet been formally introduced. How do you do?" she said, smiling to hide how she was really feeling. She reached out her hand to the young woman to kiss. (Yeah, that's how monarchy were greeted on first meetings!!!) "T'what may I do for you? I did not expect you and the ambassadors for at least another hour..."

[Edited on 12/15/2003 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2003 05:03
"Your Majesty." said Elisabeth, bowing deeply."I am well. I pray I have not been too much of an inconveniance." She took the queen's hand and kissed it, after the fashion of royal aquaintances. "T'what may I do for you? I did not expect you and the ambassadors for at least another hour..."
Elisabeth panicked, if only inwardly. Have I come too early?!...
"My deepest apologies, Your Majesty, but in this present mayhem, I seem to have forgotten the time. I suppose while I am here I should tell you that the embassadors have returned to the coast. I will be facing your advisors alone this evening."
Elisabeth imagined she could see a look of panic on Rose's face and could hear the woman's thoughts 'A child!The fate of this alliance is in the hand's of a child! It's clear the king of England has no backbone if he sent a child to handle these matters....' This, of course was all in her head, she hoped.
"I shall return to my room and shall be ready to come when ever you seem fit, Your Highness." she said, with another deep bow.

[Edited on 12/15/2003 by Vanimacar]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2003 08:16
(OOC: Wow, this moved fast! O.o I couldn't get on yesterday 'cause of homework and then the restaurant I work at kept me late...)

Philip took another deep breath, pausing before the throne room. It would not do to show his mother how upset he was; not when she had so many burdens right now.

Opening the door, he walked into a quiet room. Rose was seated on her throne, forehead in one hand. Philip went up next to her. "Mother?" he asked softly. "Where is everyone? Have they come to a decision that quickly?"

Luke strained his ears to hear what Lord Cartwright was saying to the messenger. He heard, "Sir Rafe" and "war" but not much else.

The theif sighed. Well, he'd hang about a little longer; maybe try to figure out a way to hear more.

Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2003 03:22
Aurora knew that she needed to get her things ready to leave. She and Mika would be departing with the Lady ELizabeth at dawn.
"Come with me. We will talk while I prepare for my journey."
"My Lady, your father, Lord Rupert, sent me to present myself to you. I am to accompany you on your voyage to England as your maid."
"Very well, what was your name?"
She and the girl walked back to her chambers and began to pack her posetions. The girl packed Aurora's dresses. Each one that she took she stopped and stared at for a moment admiring it.
"They are nothing special." Aurora said trying to lighten the mood.
She turned back to gather more of her things when Mika walked in . . .

"Lady Elizabeth!" Lord Rupert called running after the princess. "Forgive me my Lady. There is no need to wait, now would be a fine time to hold negotiations." He raised her hand and kissed it, then led her back to the Queen just as Phillip entered.
"Your Majesty, with your permission I believe that we should begin the talks with England. Her Highness has a long journey ahead of her tomorrow and will mostlikely want to rest." Rupert said to the Queen.
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2003 03:38
Elisabeth re-entered the hall at Lord Rupert insistance. Seeing the Prince, she bowed, greeting him with the utmost respect. She was very nervous and very unprepared. You must live with the consequences of your actions....
Suddenly she realized, to her horror, she didn't know what these talks were about. Surely they were to talk of Aurora's betrothal and the new-found alliance, but she knew there was something else on the agenda....but what was it?
"I will not decieve you, I am not prepared for this. There was a...missunderstanding... between my father's embassadors and myself and they are now on their way back to the port to prepare for our departure, leaving me alone for this council. Surely there is much on your minds, and I will gladly tell you what it is you wish to know, if only I...." she paused. "Well, to be perfectly honest if I knew what we were here to discuss!" she concluded with a nervous smile.

(( Elisabeth has no idea that Norway has declared was on Denmark.....))

[Edited on 16/12/2003 by CarolP]
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2003 08:13
(Wow so much has happened! Sorry for being out so long! )

Rafe was waiting in his room when Ernest came in. "The messenger has informed the court of Norway's intention to declare war. So it has begun," Ernest said.

"When I left Greeve, he said he would begin preparing his troops for the long march. I don't think he has enough men to storm the castle, but there will be a bloodshed on the coast. He may want to play around with the Queen and try negotiating terms, but he will have an attack organized," Rafe mused aloud.

"What you say is true, Greeve will want to be as prepared as her can be. But we will come out the victors for the Queen and her advisors have no idea of our involvement. In fact, I am as near to the Queen as can possibly be and have her eating out of my hand. She will make me commander of her army," Cartwright said with a smirk.

"And of course I will have the lead of a large and very substantial contingent of your army?" Rafe questioned Cartwright.

"But of course. We are in this together. I will have to make an appearance at the council meeting or else they will begin to comment on my prolonged absence. When it is time to make our battle plans I will have you summoned to the meeting and the council will then be informed of your new position in the Queen's army. This way they will have no chance to object and will be forced to accept you no matter what," Cartwright detailed to Rafe.

"I understand perfectly. Later tonight I will ride out to speak with Greeve. We need to know exactly what he plans to do."

"Good. Now I must go." With a last look at him Cartwright left the room.

Rafe decided to wait another hour, just until most of the knights and guards had gone to bed, before attempting to leave the castle grounds.

Stephen had remembered he wanted to speak to Rafe about something and went to his room only to find that someone else was there. He was about to leave when he recognized Lord Cartwright's voice. Curious he caught bits and pieces of the conversation. "...we will come out the victors ... near to the Queen ...make me commander..." Cartwright said. But he heard Rafe ask very clearly, "And of course I will have the lead of a large and very substantial contingent of your army?"

Stephen had no idea Rafe and Cartwright even knew each other that well. And now Cartwright was offering Rafe the leadership of his army? He was so shocked he missed some more of the conversation and only gathered that the rest of the conversation was about battle plans and speaking to other people.

There was going to be war, Stephen thought to himself, and that is was vey soon. He was just confused about the role Rafe and Cartwright were playing in it. He walked a few paces away from Rafe's door just in time, for while he was thinking Cartwright exited the room. He gave Stephen a very sharp look, but said nothing and went on his way.

Stephen decided not to go speak to Rafe - in fact he couldn't even remember why he'd gone there in the first place. Rafe was his friend and Stephen respected him a great deal, but he got the feeling something wasn't right. Walking back to the barracks he decided to ask Luke to find out some information for him.

Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2003 08:55
Rose looked at the young English Lady quizzically as she spoke. Surely Elizabeth knew why she was here and why Aurora was to marry into the English Royal Family?

"My dear, do you not know?" Rose asked. Elizabeth returned an equally quizzical look. "The reason young Aurora is marrying into your country is so that England will be our ally in the proposed war with Norway. I had thought you had been spoken to about it?"

"Well...no Your Majesty, I had not been told of this," Elizabeth answered.

Rose looked up and saw her son enter. He had heard what she had told Elizabeth. She could not tell what he was feeling. Did he blame her for Aurora's fate? She was unsure, so moved her eyes from him and back to Elizabeth.

"Ah, well now you know. What was this about your Ambassadors leaving? Surely we need them so we can speak about the forthcoming war?"

[Edited on 12/16/2003 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]

[Edited on 17/12/2003 by CarolP]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2003 07:29
(OOC: This will be short because I just got a last-minute free ticket to Trilogy Tuesday! I'm so lucky! *dances*)

Philip bowed his head as his mother spoke to the English ambassador. All he could think about was Aurora's words and the fact that she was leaving when she should have been his...

That thought startled him, and he gave a soft gasp. His mother glanced at him, but continued to speak to Lady Elizabeth.

"I'm sorry." Philip said abruptly ."But I must excuse myself."

"Are you all right, Philip?" Rose asked gently.

"I am afraid I am not myself at the moment, Mama." He answered distractedly. He made his apologies to the ambassadro, bowing and left the room. As he walked towards his apartments, his thoughts were in a whirl.

'Is that how I thought of Aurora; as mine? How long.." Philip stopped and leaned his head against one of the cool stone walls. He didn't know when he had fallen in love with Aurora; he had just been trying to find a woman he wouldn't mind having to spend the rest of his life with. He hadn't been looking for love.

But he had found it and it had been snatched away. The prince gave a slightly bitter laugh that echoed in the empty hall. What irony life was.

But he should dwell on it. Mother needed now; Denmark needed him. War seemed immenent and he would be responsible for leading the army.

Luke was walking back to the barracks, trying to make sense of the snatches of conversation he had overheard, first with Cartwright and Abbott, and then wth Cartwright and Sir Rafe.

'This doesn't make sense...' he thought distantly. 'And I have a very bad feeling about all this...'

(OOC: Cate, love your quote! lol)
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2003 01:51
Your an idiot, Elisabeth! An absolute idiot! What are you going to do now?! Elisabeth thought to herself.
"Well, Your Majesty, I can assure you I can manage without father's advisors. I'm quite confident that I know his will in this matter more than they...they're only peacocks anyway. Aurora's bethrothal to the Prince is indeed a strong tie and I can assure you are troops are at your side. If the king of Norway wants war," she said with a brief pause "he shall have it. Though not in the way he imagined. What asistance do you wish for, Your Highness? I have only to speak with your military advisors to see what you would have and I shall draft a letter tonight and send it on ahead of us to Glastonbury."

[Edited on 17/12/2003 by CarolP]
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 12:53
"My Lady the only thing that I would have your soldiers wait for word from us. I ask his Majesty to have his army prepared for any assistance we may need." Rose said.
Then she stepped away.
"No I am sure that you will want to get some rest before you sail tomorrow. You will be escorted to your room." Rose gestured and smiled gently.
"Good night everyone. I wish you all a pleasent rest." And then she left

"Mika, it was awful." Aurora said running to her friend. "Phillip will never forgive me. I am looking forward to our voyage tomorrow."
She stepped back and wiped her eyes, suddenly she remembered the girl that was with her. "Oh this is . . . I'm sorry I never caught your name."
"Joan my Lady."
"She will be traveling with us. Have you packed yet Mika?"

Lord Rupert escorted Rase to her rooms.
"Your Majesty, I am sure that everything will turn out alright. Our Aliance with England is ensured now that Aurora will be leaving in the morning. We have only a little time to wait

(If it's alright with everyone I would like to get to tomorrow morning. )
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 12:33
Joan listened carefully to the conversation between Mika and her new mistress, sighing inside. It was sad for the Lady Aurora, because it sounded as though she had really been in love, yet at the same time, Joan couldn't help feeling some level of content. She still hated courtiers, they were truly dispicable people...Well at least most of those she had met. And the maids were no better; all throughout the evening while she packed, Jetta kept sending her dirty looks, for no apparent reason Joan could think of.

When she had finally finished the packing at a late hour, Joan was dismissed, though not before being instructed by Lady Aurora to be back promptly in the morning as she wished to leave as early as possible for England.

"But, my Lady, we are leaving already? You do not wish to spend a few more days at court?" she asked.

"No, we shall depart tomorrow morning, and make sure you are ready, I will not suffer any more delays. Goodnight child."

Joan was frantic; what would happen to her father if she left? And her mother, what about her? Oh and how she would miss all her little brothers and sisters, who knew when she'd see them again...As all these feelings swelled inside her, none was as strong as the thought of leaving Robert after he had just so soon returned.

As she ran down to the kitchens, getting lost several times, her dream came back to her...Robert becoming a knight, Robert getting married to a lady...Joan knew she had to find him, whether she'd be able to bear saying goodbye or not. She did not want to leave him suddenly, with no forwarning, like he had done.

"Robert?" she whispered, entering the kitchen. A single candle was lit, and it stood on the table in the middle of the room, casting Robert's shadow against the wall. On the table there was an untouched bowl of soup, with a piece of bread and a mug of ale accompaning it.

His head snapped up roughly, as if she had woken him.
"Joan!I was so..." His mouth gaped and his eyes surveyed her. He had noticed her garments. "Are you...Are you a maid Joan?"

"Yes! A maid to Lady Aurora, all because of that man before; Sir Rupert was his name I believe..."

"That is wonderful news! Look at us, we are moving up in the world! I am to be a knight one day, and you, perhaps a lady-in-waiting someday. I know Lady Aurora to be very nice with her servants..." He had stood up and was walking towards her.

"Wait, you must know something Robert...She is leaving tomorrow, for England..." Her head went down and her eyes moistened.

"Who is leaving Joan? I don't think I quite understand."

"The Lady...the Lady Aurora is leaving for England to be married tomorrow, and I...I must go with her." She looked at him, tears threatening to spill over. "I do not know when or even if I shall ever return..." But she found her wits again as she remembered her father. "Where is my father? He is not in the cell anymore, what haver they done with him?"

"Sir Rupert let him go and paid his debts for him. He sent him off to be cared for and I believe he will be released once he is in better health...But Joan, you are going away? Surely not for good though, you cannot go so soon." His expression looked like disappointement but he tried to mask it as well as he could.

"I do not know Robert, but I must see my father. I never wanted to leave, but we must do what we must do. We live to serve." She picked up his hand and gave it a kiss. "Do not forget me Robert, for I know I shall not forget you."

As she turned to walk away, the mood in the room was heavy and she didn't wish to leave it so.

"And say goodbye to Luke for me. If he ever proves to be useful, be sure to write to me!" she shouted back to him, before leaving him alone in the kitchen.

Making her way silently to the hospital wing, Joan crept beside the beds, finally finding her father's.

"Papa, papa wake up." She nudged him softly and he woke up slowly.

"Oh Joan...Everything is going to be fine now. That man has let me go, even paid off my debts. He gave me enough gold to last us a lifetime. The farm shall prosper and food will be so abundant that it will fall off the table! I cannot wait to be home with my wife and all my children..." A dreamy look crowded his eyes and Joan found it in herself to smile a bit.

"I will not be going home Papa...I have been appointed to go to England with Lady Aurora. I do not wish to go, but I haven't the choice."

"Go my dear girl, go! You have the chance for a life other than this. England is large, and people are happier there."

"But when will I see you again father? I do not think to be returning unless the Lady releases me from her service..."Her smile faded away and tears prung to her eyes again.

"You cannot hold on to this life forever Joan. Do not worry about the future, all will come together just fine. But be sure to write to us, we will want to know that you are alright." He cupped her cheek with his rough hand and smiled at his little girl. "You really have blossomed my child, you will make a good wife someday. Now go, leave this old man to get his rest since you will need it too. Goodnight my girl, farewell and do not be sad, changes are what life is."

Her chin quivered as she made her way back to the servants quarters, though now she had a slightly better outlook on this trip; her father believed in her and her family would be fine.

[Edited on 19/12/2003 by MrsLegolasGreenleaf]
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 03:43
Mika embraced her frend as she ran up to her.
"I have most of my things packed," Mika nodded, shool hands with the new girl, then sat down with her friend by a window.
"Aroura, tell me what happened," Mika asked.

-------------
Miki had been sitting in his favorite tree, when he saw Luke aproach, now this looks like someone I can work with, he thought to himself, and hopped out of the tree, right in front of Luke.
"Hello," he said. "My name's Miki, and I belive we're both looking for the same thing. My I take some of your time to explain things in a little more detail?"
(((If anybody doesn't like this idea, just say so, but i thought Miki and Luke could team up to spy on Rafe and Ernest? that okay?)))
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 04:25
(OOC: Thanks Jaid!)

Rose's Motherly instinct took hold of her once Philip answered her question. Her face grew into a more worried and concerned expression when he mumbled his quick reply. He looked so torn, upset - definately heart-broken. Rose wanted to go to him, to comfort him, tell him things would be alright - but she could not. She had to stay and work things out with the young Lady Elisabeth who was representing England, and Denmark's future.

She nodded to Elisabeth's suggestion, "Yes, do do that my dear. I only ask one thing, that I see your letter before you send it. I will write one myself, the sovereign must be the one to send the letter for help. I think Lord Rupert might wish to actually write the letter," He nodded, "and I will sign it".

"I think what we are doing so far is the right thing, Your Majesty," Lord Rupert assured her.

"Yes," Rose sighed. "I hope so. There is still one matter that puzzles me..."

"What be that Your Majesty?"

"Where on earth is Lord Cartwright????!!!"
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 07:30
Aurora watched Joan leave and gave her one last smile before she left. Aurora felt sorry for her. She was almost in the same situation as herself, being forced into a situation that was completely unexpected. When Joan was gone Aurora turned to Mika.
"Mika, I had to tell him that I have let hime go, I have to let him go. He was shocked. He grasped me and held me tight. There was a strength there that was comforting and his eyes. Mika his eyes were huge and fearful as if he was holding onto life. Mika I will never forget the look he gave me, it was full of pain, a pain that reached deep into his soul. He said he wanted me to be his, his Queen." She paused remembering the event. "Mika you know the rest, you can read my mind."
She stood up not wanting to make a scene in front of her friend.
"Well we should both get to bed. It will be an early day tomorrow."

(OK in my next post I'm going to make it the next morning.)
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2003 07:01
(OOC: Wow, things moved quick!)

Robert stood there after Joan had left, then looked at the hand she had kissed. Slowly, he sank back down into his chair.

'Forget you Joan? No...that would be impossible...' He thought.

Luke cocked his head; he knew the mage by sight, but had not yet met him before. The theif grinned. "Sure. I'd like to know a little more information."

[Edited on 21/12/2003 by eldir]
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 03:52
(Everyone ready for the next day? If not let me know and I'll change the post or something...)
The next day swept upon the city too quickly for Joan; her escapades the night before had worn her patience and tolerance thin from lack of sleep. But nonetheless, she woke and presented herself to Lady Aurora's chambers on time.

"Good morning my Lady," she said, pulling back the curtains of the bed and bowing to her mistress, "are you ready for the journey to England?"

Lady Aurora rubbed her eyes and sighed.
"Yes, I suppose so Joan."

There was a hint of sadness in Lady Aurora's eyes as she spoke those words, but the woman stepped out of bed all the same. Joan prepared her for the day, applying her rouge and dressing her with the other chamberlains. When she was all ready and her breakfast was brought to her, Lady Aurora had them bring the baggages down to the carts while she went to say goodbye.

"I will not be long, so be ready." she said, before walking away.

Joan lingered in the apartements long after the baggages had left, seemingly not wanting to leave. She contemplated hiding out somewhere until the Lady was gone, then she'd be free. But she knew the penalty to be severe for maids who abandon their posts.

So down she went to the carts that would bear her away on her voyage to England and found other maids saying goodbye to servants, chefs, cooks, and lovers. Joan plopped herself on the edge of the cart and looked away, knowing she had already said her goodbyes...
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 06:27
Aurora awoke the next morning with the help of Joan. She was greatful to her new maid. Without her help she probably would not have gotten up at all. She pulled the lone dress from her closet. It was black and grey with a silver ringlet belt. The maids helped her dress and prepare. As Rebecca was about to put her head peice on she stopped her.
"Let me do it Rebecca. You do too much for me already." The maid gave her the veil but also took a hold of Aurora's hand. Wth tears streaming down her face Rebecca brought her lips down to the hand and kissed it. Aurora touched Rebecca's cheek.
"We will find happiness in our new home." was all she said before putting the veil on.
She trust her servents to look after all the baggage and so she went to say her good-byes. Walking into the Great hall she saw the queen seated on her throne and the entire court there lining the carget to the throne. The comotion stopped and everyone stood at attention as Aurora entered and made her way down the long carpet. She recognized many faces as she walked along, many were sad. As she neared the end she saw her father standing at the bottom of the steps. He knodded to her as she assended. The Queen rose and greeted Aurora holding out her hands. Beside her Phillip stood his face full of sadness and anger. Aurora only glanced at him, knowing that if she looked anylonger she would cry. Rose's voice echoed through the hall as she addressed Aurora and the court . . .

Earnest mounted up with Greeves. "Today is the day my friend. Your men are ready I pressume?"
The kicked their horses and advanced towards the palace, the army following a short distance behind.
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 12:52
((sorry I haven't posted in so long, I kinda forgot:blush)

Elisabeth stood outside amid the crowd of servants and piles of baggage. She wasn't sure why, but she felt aweful. She hadn't seen Aurora all morning and was quite resolved not to. Why bother the girl at such a sad time?...I don't want to make it worse.
Elisabeth had been up half the night drafting a letter to her father. It was sent just after midnight. To top that off, she'd risen far before dawn, unable to sleep. Now she could hardly stand on her feet. Her servant, Anna, looked very concerned."My Lady, are you well?" she asked in a hushed whisper. "I'm fine." replied the princess ofering her beloved servant a weak smile. It wasn't true and they both knew it, but let it lie.Elisabeth straightened her cloak a bit, fiddleing with the clasp. They were all gathered outside the palace gates waiting for Aurora. Normally, she would have grown impatient by now, but she felt so sorry for the girl that she shunned those feelings, telling herself that she should at least be happy to be returning home.
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 05:21
A letter was drafted and passed on for Her Majesty's approval. She sent word that it be written up on official document paper. Reading it again, she signed it: Rose.

Rose had a restless night sleep the day before young Aurora was bound for England. She felt guilty. Guilty that Aurora had to forget her own happiness and go to England for the sake of Denmark. Rose was doing exactly what her parents had done to her all those years ago. She was turning into her mother...

Looking at her son's face, she could see the look of heartbreak in his face. He had not spoken with his mother since the meeting yesterday and Rose couldn't help but think he was blaming her. Rose blamed herself, so she would understand if her son was blaming her as well.

Aurora disguised her misery well. Her face was pale, but she managed a very small smile across her lips. The bags under her eyes had been well concealed, as had Rose's own eyes. Rose closed her eyes a moment, a flashback to the day she left England nearly 20 years ago...

She had been nineteen years old when she dressed smartley and boarded the ship to her new home, Denmark. Her Uncle had been King, and Rose had been given to Denmark as an allience between the two countries. At the time, war had been probable with either Spain or France, and England wanted as much back-up as possible. Her future husband had been much older than her, and he was soon to be crowned King. She was lucky, she left no one behind that she was in love with. Her parents were hard to talk to - so Denmark and a future "HM" in front of her name was a step up. She had been scared, and for a while it worked out for the best. She had had a beautiful son, and her husband had cared for her greatly. Yes, it had been good...

"My Lords, Ladies and Gentleman. We are here to bid farewell to the Lady Aurora as she goes on her long journey to England. She is to marry His Highness Prince Henry, son of the King, as an allience between out two countries. The allience is neccessary," Rose addressed the court.

She was unsure whether to announce war or not. Rupert nodded to her, and she went on. "Aurora will become the future Duchess of York as Prince Henry's older brother Prince Charles will succeed as King one day. The present King has ensured myself and advisors, represented by Lady Elisabeth," Rose gestured to Elizabeth, "that with this allience, England will come to our aid should we need it".

She left out the high chance of war for the moment. She could tell that once war began, the people would riot knowing that she knew and did not tell them. She decided to take the risk.

She finished her announcement to the sound of horses coming from outside. "What on earth is that commotion?!" she asked in a loud firm manner.

A young page ran into the hall and came up the aisle towards The Queen. "Your Majesty! It is Lord Cartwright on horseback! There is an army close behind him, and I do not think it is ours!"

(OOC: I hope this post is good for the storyline. It is long I'm sorry, to make up for absense, and I hope I am advancing the plot a little more? If it is wrong, please let me know and I will edit. I'm ending it here, as it can make people think that perhaps an enemy army is chasing Ernest and Greeves. There are all sorts of possibilities, and the real one may not be so obvious for the characters in the RP. It will give everyone a shock when they find out the truth - esp. Rose who is rather, erm, fond of Ernest!)
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2003 05:53
Earnest saw one of the watchtower guards run from his post towards the great hall. They've seen us. Drat! He raised his hand and the army stopped.
"Wait back here. It appears that our presence has been noted. i do not want anything to spoil the meeting with the queen. We will go on ahead. When we have finished I will give you a signal to prepare for attack."

"Let him in and close the gates." Lord Rupert said.
"Yes my Lord." the guard said and hurried back to the gate.
"Show him here, tell him I will be here to meet him shortly." Rose said. She turned to Aurora. "I think it is time for you to leave my lady."
Aurora curtsied and left on the arm of her father. She led the way out to the courtyard. The carriages were prepared. Mika opened the door for her and let her climb in. Mika and Elizabeth climbed in after her. Rebecca took Joan's hand and led her to their carriage. It was smaller than Aurora's but still luxurious. Before they left Aurora looked out the window at Phillip. He stood there so straight. Meeting his eyes she did not move 'I'm sorry' she thought wishing he could here her.
Then the carriages pulled away and headed for the docks. Aurora did not speak even as she borded the ship. As the baggages were brought below Aurora stayed on deck looking out over the harbor. She would not look back at the palace, it was too much for her to see.

((( Van, now is a good time for Aurora and Elizabeth to talk. I think a bond between them would be good.
lyrav where are you? )))
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2003 09:23
(Van wanted me to post for her since she will not be able to post for a while.)

Elizabeth looked at Auora standing there beside the railing. She still felt pitty for the girl and wanted to be her friend. Slowly she walked up to her. As she did the ship left the dock.
"My Lady, will you not say good bye to your kinsmen?"
"No your highness, I can not."
Elizabeth moved to Aurora's side. The wind picked up then and blew gently against their faces. Elizabeth looked at Aurora thinking of what to say. The wind blew Aurora's viel back and made the loose hirs dance about her face.
"I hope that you will find happiness in England. Perhaps I can help make your transition easier."
Aurora smiled at Elizabeth, the first smile since she had awaken.
"You are very kind your highness. I hope that I can look to you for friendship and advice when we arrive."
"That is also my hope."
Aurora suddenly laughed. She almost sounded happy as her voice rose clear up into the air.
"I quess the first thing we should get out of the way is the matter of your brother. I have never met the man, what is he like?"
Elizabeth bit her lip worried that what she knew of Henry might frighten her.
"Henry is a good man, Aurora. He is kind, gentle, and loving. But he also can be a bit short tempered. When he was younger he through very violent fits, but he hasn't done that for a while. I guess the hardest thing for him is that he has never loved anyone."
"I can not say that I will love your brother, but I will do all I can to be a good wife to him. That is the promise I will make to you."
"Perhaps over time that love will form." Elizabeth said. She did not want to see her brother harmed no matter how kind Aurora was.
"I can not say, my lady."
"I do not want to see Henry hurt by this arrangement. He is a good man, as I said, and I do not want him harmed."
She paused realizing what she had said and how she might have hurt Aurora. But Aurora did not faulter.
"I will do what I can to the best of my ability. You have my word."
She then curtsied to Elizabeth. "I should see how things are getting along below decks. Excuse me your highness."
She decended the stairs and went past the baggage carts seeing that everything was taken care of. She went to her cabin and threw open the door. Mika was there on the floor meditating. She looked up as Aurora entered. Aurora shut the door quickly.
"Tell me what you have seen?"
She sat in front of Mika looking deep in her eyes.
"What have you seen of my future?"

[Edited on 24/12/2003 by Saurid]
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2003 10:06
(aaah everyone I'm so sorry for taking so long to post! I've been busy with holiday stuff and concocting ways to watch Return of the King at least once a day.... It's an awesome movie!:love: )

Lady Cassandra had chosen to spend the day in her morning sleeping in. She would rather not witness the Prince's reaction to Aurora leaving. So she ordered her breakfast sent in to her and proceeded to catch up on correspondence.

Elaine and the rest of the girls were dismissed for the morning. So Elaine wandered down to the courtyard to watch the departure of Lady Aurora. Things were going smoothly when a large army was heard approaching. She rushed over to get a closer look, when she was pulled back by a strong hand on her arm.

Rafe had spoken to Greeve the night before and they agreed to stall for time. They would fool the Queen and Prince in thinking that an alliance was possible, while in reality Norway was sending over more men for the coming battle.

But they would not wait too long. The quicker Denmark was taken by surprise, the more chance of a victory. In case of war Cartwright would lead the Queen's army. But he would manuever it so that Denmark's forces would be vulnerable at some various points in their defense, leaving them open for easy attack by Norway's army. And when Denmark's army was wearied and struggling, Rafe and Cartwright and their loyal men would join with Greeve and crush Denmark.

Rafe watched with some apprehension as Aurora rode away with the English. The spy Cartwright had set in Aurora's company to destroy any chance of a forthcoming alliance between England and Denmark had better do his job properly. If England came to Denmark's aid, there would surely be trouble for him, Cartwright and Norway.

There was a loud commotion occuring outside and Rafe saw Cartwright riding towards the Queen. He could see that a large host of men had stopped behind him. Rafe strode nearer to the Queen, so that if CArtwright could send him signals if needed.

(btw I don't know who the spy in Aurora and Elisabeth's company is - or if it's a man or woman.)
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 12:02
(Yes it is! ^_^)

Robert had been in the courtyard, with some of the other knights and footmen. He had tried to catch Joan's eye, but the girl had not looked up, but merely stared at her shoes.

Robert kept his face calm, but inside he felt all broken. Joan leaving had been so sudden, so unexpected. Just like the feelings he had had for her before this...

The entourage rode away and some in the courtyard began to dirft back to their stations and duties. Robert stayed, however, until he could not see the dust from the carriage any more.

(OOC: Bleh, that was incredibly sappy. >.<)

Philip also watched the entourage ride away and then sighed, lowering his head. Beside him, his mother turned towards him and opened her mouth as if to speak, then seemed to change her mind and turned inside to go to the house.

<< First7891011Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email