Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First89101112Last >>
Author Topic:
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Dark Times (please join. loosely scripted but free to join.)
on: December 26, 2003 01:00
(((Gak! Sorry, I've been brain dead the past few days!)))

Mika looked deeply into her friends eyes.
"There are two paths that strech out in your future," she sighed. "One shows you in England, married, a child," Mika paused. "But the other path, it is obscure, hidden by a winding road and fog. It is up to you to choose the path you take." Mika suddenly stopped and screamed, doubling over as if in pain.
"What's wrong Mika?" Aroura asked, concerned. Mika smiled weakly at her friend.
"I didn't mean to startle you," She whispered. "THis is the farthest i've ever been of my brother, it...hurts. But don't worry about me, you have enough on your mind already, without my silly ramblings."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miki and Luke talked the night through, almost till dawn.
"You going to see the Lady Aroura off?" Miki asked Luke as he rose from where he had been sitting. Luke shrugged and stood also, and they both went off to watch the small party depart. As his sister was lost to the winding road, Miki fought with a deepening pain in his chest, but quickly turned to Luke.
"Do we have a deal?" he asked.
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 02:02
((Hahaha yes it was! teehee))
As the cart rode away from the castle Joan felt little remorse as the words of her father came back into her mind: You have the chance for a better life my child...

The castle fell behind the horizon and Joan fought with herself to forget what she was leaving behind; or rather who she was leaving behind. Maybe it is for the best, look what I am becoming; as coy as a regular tavern wench. It is time to remember who I was, before the ball, before any of this happened. She resolved to forget Robert, to stop worrying about her family as well; they would have to make due without her. She started chatting amiably (is that a word in english??) with another maid on their way to the port.

"I'm looking forward to England; rumors were going around about a war with Norway. Wouldn't want to be caught in that."

"No...certainly not. Have you ever been to England before?"

"Nope, but I had a friend who went, said the men were to die for. Suitors lined up at the gates for ladies like Aurora. Who knows, maybe there's some fine gentleman waiting for one of us." The girl smiled and nudged Joan with her elbow. "We'll be stopping for lunch soon, better get it ready."

((Hey I was thinking that maybe Aurora might confide a bit in Joan while they were having lunch, just to sorta encourage their friendship a bit.))
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 06:30
(Oh MLG, just to let you know we are already on the ship. You don't have to change your post though it's just fine the way it is. I agree with you though on Aurora spending time talking with Joan ) Oh and ROTK was sooooooo good I completely agree!!!

"I will let you be Mika." Aurora rose and left the cabin. Not wanting to go to her cabin she wandered below decks. A path hidden,a winding road unseen. She wondered what it could mean. The first future had been so clear she wondered if that was the more dominant future. She remebered what Mika had said about a child. For a moment her thoughts turned to Phillip. If only that child were his. She shook her head. You said that you would give him up. You must start now. She pushed the thought from her mind. Her mind began to dwell on the other path Mika had forseen. Why was it so hidden? What made it so different that even Mika could not see it?
As she turned a corner she saw her new maid Joan. She had not been able to talk with her very much and wished that she could. She felt sorry for Joan, being forced into this so suddenly.
"Lady Joan," she said approaching her, "might I join you?"

Lord Rupert followed Rose into the hall. Lord Cartwright and Greeve were already there. They bowed as the Queen entered. Before a word could be spoken teh doors at the other end of the hall opened and Sir Rafe stepped in and made his way to Cartwright's and Greeve's side. This puzzled Rupert . . .

[Edited on 27/12/2003 by eldir]
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2003 10:12
((Oops...I told you I hadn't been following the story well!))

"Oh...er, yes my Lady." She managed an ungraceful curtsy in the confined spaces of the ship and rushed to get some proper food ready.
"There's nothing very fancy to offer you my Lady, tis but simple food down here." Joan smiled at Aurora a little but bowed her head down as she sat next to her with two plates of food. "Must be exciting for you; you know, going to England and getting married and all, if it's not too bold for me to say."

"Yes, it would seem that way wouldn't it?" Aurora replied and a far-away expression came across her face.

Joan felt rather uncomfortable talking to her Lady with all the other servants watching them, eyeing both women oddly. She wanted to confide in her, feeling that maybe she would understand how Joan felt, but something held her back. When they had finished their meal Joan suggested taking a walk around the deck, which Aurora readily approved.

"It is nice to be able to stretch our legs at last. Tell me my Lady, does this venture to foreign shores displease you?"
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2003 06:18
Aurora thought for a moment.
"It is not that it displeases me Joan but it does make me sad. I did not want to leave my homeland or my father or . . . well I could not refuse my father's request and so I obeyed. I love him so much, to refuse would have hurt him and I could not bear that. As to what you said earlier, it is more frightedning than anything else to be going to England. I am afraid that this will not help Denmark and that I will be left in a country where I am scorned because of who I am. I also fear that I could never learn to love the man that I am to marry because my heart is still in Denmark."
Aurora paused for a moment gathering her thoughts.
"The servants have told me that you to were placed here against your will. I do not doubt that you wish to return to your family and believe me, if I had the power to I would release you from your service but even here I can not. That power lies in those who have power over me. We must be there for each other Joan. We are both prisoners no matter how different our sercumstances are."

((I think Joan and Aurora are about the same age right? How old is Joan?))
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2003 06:36
"Lord Cartwright, I have been calling for you the last twenty-four hours. Where have you been?" Rose asked sternly. SHe was angry with him, but there was a hint of teasing in her voice. It sounded like an angry wife quizzing her absent husband.

"Forgive me, Your Majesty. I have been in meetings to discuss the good of the country," Cartwright replied, lowering his head to her as he spoke. "I hear that Norway is now declaring war?"

"Indeed, Norway has. If you had been here, you would have been able to speak with the messenger himself," Rose continued, standing with her hands on her hips and pacing the room. "From now on you are restricted to the grounds. As ourt advisor in military, we need you here constantly. Especially now as our future is unknown".

"Yes M'am," Ernest replied with a cheeky grin. This order meant he would almost constantly be in Rose's company. Rose returned the smile, realising what he was thinking. She blushed slightly, "I mean it. You must remain in palace grounds. None of our messengers could find you when we needed you. Yes, it would be easier all round".

Rose looked up and realised the two men at Cartwright's side for the first time. One she recognised from the ball, the other she did not know. She stared at them a few moment, then turned to see Lord Rupert's expression.

"Who are your companions? Why are they here with you? What business have they got with the Queen?"

[Edited on 28/12/2003 by eldir]
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2003 10:34
Elaine shook free of the person who grabbed her and went inside the castle. Somehow she found herself at the doorway that led into the secret chamber she had listened at a few nights before. She used the spell she had learned to unlock the door and quickly rushed inside. Sqeezing through the tiny crawl space she found herself above the main hall. The last time she used it she was above a meeting room. But she was captivated by the goings on below that she chose not to dwell on that subject.

(Would it be possible for Elaine to join Luke and Miki in the spying?)

The Queen had finally noticed Rafe and Greeve's presence and looked inquiringly at Cartwright for explanations.

"My Queen, it seems that my missing the messenger was not all that dire, for here is Lord Greeve, the ambassador of Norway. He has come in the hopes of seeking to forge an alliance that had not taken place when we had gone a those weeks ago," Cartwright said.

Greeve gave an oily smile and bow to the Queen.

"And this is Sir Rafe. He is the head guard to the Lady Cassandra, but his uses there have been wasted. His uses would be better served as member of our council. He is knowledgable in all military matters, being a knight of much valour," Cartwright continued.

Rafe also offered the Queen a smile and a low bow. He waited for her to speak.

(will Greeve declare war?)

[Edited on 29/12/2003 by eldir]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2003 08:16
"Do we have a deal?" Miki asked. Luke grinned and shook his hand.

"Aye, that we do." the theif answered. The two seperated, Miki going to castle and Luke to the barracks to find Stephen.

(I think it would be a great idea for Elaine to be a fellow spy. *grin*)

Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2003 04:15
(((I think it'd be fun to have another spy! Hey, anybody wanna see a pic I drew of Mika? http://images2.deviantart.com/i/2004/01/f/2/The_Mage_From_Denmark.jpg Ignore the fact that she's impossibly skinny. And i/m working on one of Miki, but guys are just so hard to draw!)))

[Edited on 30/12/2003 by eldir]
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2004 11:49
(OOC: I think war has already been declared, hasn't it? That was why Rose was making such a fuss about Cartwright not being with the other advisors?)

"My Lord Greeve, and Sir Rafe, forgive me. You have caught me at a bad time you see. But now that you are here, perhaps it won't seem quite so bad?" she paused to smile at the men, then take a seat. "We have already heard news from a Mr Abbott that Norway has declared war on us".

Rose paused again, wary of Lord Greeve's presence. "Lord Greeve, how is it that you wish to form some kind of allience when less than twenty-four hours ago we were threatened by your country?"

"Your Majesty I..." began Greeve.

"Times have changed, Majesty," interupted by Lord Cartwright. "You have before you now your answer: a talanted knight to become another advisor to you, and a proposal of allience with Norway. Think, your Majesty, all of your problems would be over. We would no longer be at war, and your advisory would be so much more benefitted by this allience, and the input of Sir Rafe".

"That's all very well and good, but how do I know that the allience will not be broken?"

Cartwright smiled, "M'am, war will be avoided and Denmark's future will look brighter. Norway will have an important ally, so why would they wish to break such and allience?"

Lord Rupert spoke up, "Her Majesty will consider all factors. We will need to forge a council (again) to speak more of this. Please, gentlemen, come this way. We will all of us need to speak in private, where others cannot hear".

Rupert led them through a few doors to a room with a massive table, inspired by King Arthur's round table. Filing through another door came a dozen of HM's advisors and each took a seat.

When all was settled, Rose spoke. "Gentlemen, Lord Cartwright's companions here are Lord Greeve (ambasador of Norway) and Sir Rafe. Sir Rafe wishes to join you as an advisor, and Lord Greeve comes on behalf of Norway to negociate an allience," she paused.

"Gentlemen, please explain everything to the council, and we will proceed with a discussion..."

[Edited on 2/1/2004 by eldir]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2004 08:41
Elisabeth leaned against the railing of the ship with her chin in her hands. Aurora had gone below and left her there. I don't want to see my brother harmed by this arrangement?!What were you thinking? Now you've gone and alienated the one person you should be kind to...
Elisabeth's train of thought was broken by the sound of quiet footsteps. She turned to see Anna looking at her. The young servant looked conserned. "M'lady? Are you alright?" she asked. Elisabeth offered a weak smile to her friend. "I'm afraid not, Anna." she said. Her servant's questioning gaze prompted her to explain. Anna came closer so that the two girls stood side by side facing the sea. "I think I know why father doesn't like me very much." the princess said flattly. "I always manage to mess things up." "Oh! Don't talk like that." said Anna, trying to sound reassuring. "It can't be that bad."
"Oh, but it is. I think I may have offended Aurora. I didn't mean to. I just...well, Henry doesn't want a wife. He's not ready to marry and I think this whole alliance thing isn't the greatest way to find a bride. I fear for them both, Anna. I don't know what I'd do if he ever lost his temper with her...probably kill him." she said with a grim laugh "and it's clear Aurora loves someone else....what am I supposed to do?"
"Perhaps you should speak with Lady Aurora." Anna said.
Elisabeth nodded and made her way below deck to find her would-be sister-in-law.
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2004 11:32
Elaine watched as the Queen and the men filed out of the room, but instead of being left to look at an empty room, she was somehow able to follow their progress into the meeting room. Not wanting to miss a word being said, Elaine failed to hear someone enter the little room.

(Maybe Miki can catch Elaine in the middle of her spying? btw Kuramas Girl your picture is lovely. She's not too skinny - it gives her a certain style and look. )

Lord Greeve spoke up after the Queen asked for an explanation. "Your highness, my leige lord was truly distressed when an alliance could not be negotiated when the Prince and Lord Cartwright journeyed last. Matters for negotation were unclear and our positions in the world are unstable. After many meetings and discussions, Norway has come to the conclusion that we will be bettered through an alliance with Denmark. Therefore my lord sent me on my way to settle on terms for an alliance. I approached Lord Cartwright as quickly as I could."

"Then why have we had declarations of war from your country, Lord Greeve?" the Queen asked suspiciously.

Greeve had the sense to look confused. "War? You had mentioned it earlier, but I have no idea where that message has come from. Nor do I know of a man called Abbott. There must be some mistake."

"I have held the suspicion that someone has been trying to sabotage our negotiations, my queen," Cartwright interjected.

"Where is the messenger?" the Queen demanded. "Go find him and we will have some of our questions answered."

A page hurriedly left the room in search of the messenger. The Queen now turned to Cartwright, "Where does Sir Rafe fit in? If there is no declaraction of war, what need have we of another military advisor?"

Cartwright hesitated for a moment, so Rafe decided to speak. "My queen, I have been a knight for many years and have been one of the most successful at campaigning for my lord and lady. But the opportunity to serve my queen and country was not a thing a man would want to pass up. I offered my services to Lord Cartwright, and he was generous enough to appoint me an advisor. I have years of knowledge and experience, especially that of practical and hands-on experience, that I believe will be a benefit to the country."

Rafe patiently waited for the Queen's response.

The entire court seemed to be holed up inside the castle for meetings and discussions. Rafe was also a part of this, so Stephen decided this was the perfect opportunity to find out some information. He was going to look for Luke, but instead found Luke waiting to speak to him.

"What news have you?" Stephen asked after they'd greeted each other.
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2004 11:35
((I am soo sorry that I have been gone for so long. Our net connection has been down at home.))

"Your Majesty there will be no time for council." Earnest said. "We are here to give you one last chance to accept Norway's rule before an attack is made. Our army is right outside the gates ready to attack."

Lord Cartwright took a step towards the queen and lowered his voice.

"It would be wise to accept your majesty. Norway's forces are far greater than Denmark's."

(Greeve can declare war if you want him to. I will post more when our connection is back. It should be up this evening.)

[Edited on 4/1/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2004 03:33
"I beg your pardon? Did I hear you say Norway's rule?" Rose demanded looking at Ernest with shock. "Surely you have made a mistake?"

Ernest smiled gleefully, Rafe and Greeve followed suit.

"And what is this about our army? Our as in Denamrk, or our as in," she paused, digesting the information Cartwright gave her, "as in Norway?" She nearly choked on her words.

Ernest smiled again. He stepped forward and took Rose's hand tenderly. "M’am, Rose, surely you can see it is hopeless? Why fight it? You cannot be victorious in this battle. Denmark would be in safer hands if Norway’s King ruled it. Do it M’am, for the good of Denmark”.

Rose grabbed her hand from Ernest’s grasp and swore. “Ernest, you leech! You, you…how could you? You used me! You used everyone. Just who do you think you are, all of you? This is not Norway’s country. Denmark is Denmark, and we will not let another country take that away from us. Especially not for the likes of you!”

“Come, come My Lady. We know how you have struggled. You may be beautiful and expect to get your own way. But face facts: a woman ruling the country? It is Madness! You have no husband, and Philip is not married. You have no right to this throne. You make a good Queen, and consort, but absolute rule? No, it is not a woman’s job. Besides, His Majesty, of Denmark, has taken quite a fancy to you. If you do as you are asked, perhaps he will pity you, and keep you in possession of Queenship? You never know,” Greeve said casually, his lips creeping into a smile.

Rose scowled. What Greeve had just spoken to her hurt. In a way she believed him. Who was she? An Englishwoman ruling Denmark? Why, it was almost the same as a Norwegion ruling Denmark!

“I will not step down,” Rose said simply. She looked to Rupert, her eyes frightened. “Gentlemen, I ask that you give me a moment to speak with my head advisor, alone”.

“As you ask My Lady, but it will do no good…”

“Her Majesty is still Queen here, address her in the correct title!” Rupert snapped, Ernest’s tone getting to him.

“Very well...Your Majesty…”

Once away from everyone else, Rose fell into Rupert’s arms and wept. Rupert comforted her. “Oh Lord Rupert, what can we do?”

(Is anyone actually from Denmark in the RP? Or Norway?)
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2004 09:46
(OOC: Sorry I haven't been on lately...)

"Not good news, I fear." Luke said as he and Stephen found a place to sit. "In fact, I'm not sure if you'll believe me entirely."

Stephen looked confused. The red-headed theif sighed and leaned forward. "But it seems there's some plot afoot; a rather foul one as well. And it also looks like Sir Rafe may be a part of it."

Luke paused, suddenly worried. If Sir Rafe were up to some mischief, what would become of Robert?

Philip had meant to retire to bed early, but had found it impossible to sleep. After pacing his room and restlessly trying to read, he gave it up and went to seek out his mother. It was time he spoke to her about all this anyway.

She was not in her apartments; a maid told him that she was in a conference. Philip frowned as he walked towards the conference room; had he missed something?

Using a side door that allowed a quieter entrance - Philip did not want to disturb any discussions going on - but found it empty save for Lord Rupert...and his mother in tears. Philip's green eyes widened and he swiftly walked forward.

"Mother, what is wrong?" he asked urgently.

[Edited on 6/1/2004 by maeghin]
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2004 02:23
Aurora began to feel sick as the ship rocked harder back and forth. It was not only the motion of the boat but her nerves as well. They were so far out to sea that there was no point in returning to Denmark now. She let out a sigh and looked at Joan.
"I am sorry Joan, I am not feeling well. Will you excuse me?"
She get up and left heading to her cabin. She fell into the hamock and was soon asleep. She lost herself in a dream. There she saw Phillip; he was beckoning her. She went to him and he took her hands in his. For a moment all seemed to stop but then, in the blink of an eye, Phillip vanished. Aurora saw herself surrounded by great stone walls in a dark castle. Dark cloaked figures were all around her starring at her. She forced herself awake. Looking around she wondered what time it was.
She made her way up on deck to see a dark velvet sky glittered with stars. The breeze had picked up and now filled the sails till they were taught.

Rupert held Rose unable to speak. It was as much a shock to him as it was to her. He looked up as Phillip entered the room.
"You son." he whispered to Rose.

[Edited on 7/1/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2004 10:34
"Your Son," Rupert whispered to Rose.

She looked up to see Philip, looking both concerned and confused. She realised Philip had not been with her earlier, when Ernest confronted the council and revealed he was working for Norway.

"Oh Philip," she whispered to her son. Her cheeks were wet with tears and her face was pale. She related to him all that had happened over the past half hour.

"I knew it!" Philip exclaimed, punching a wall in anger. "How could he? That...that...demon...he will pay for this! We won't let him get away with it, and Denmark will never give into Norway's demands!"

Rose stepped toward her son, and gazed at him tenderly. In this small outbreak of anger, Philip had shown his quality - that he was capable of being King. Rose was soon saddened again, realising that he may not get that chance.

"But Philip, my boy, what else can we do. Norway's army is far larger than our own. They are at our city's boarders as we speak. Cartwright is in the other room expecting me to bow down to His Majesty of Norway. You know I don't like this! But what else can I do???"
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2004 11:53
Rafe, Cartwright, and Greeve filed out of the room followed closely by the other advisors of the Queen. The three men clustered themselves in a quiet corner to discuss their next plan.

Rafe spoke up once they were far enough away from the other men. "We tried our best to convince the Queen that an alliance with Norway is what is best for the country, but I'm afraid she and her obstinate son will not take up our offer."

"The Queen is a tender-hearted creature and may feel it is best to avoid any confrontations, especially war. But I agree with you about Philip. He has been a thorn in my side ever since I got here. He will fight - I am sure of it," Cartwright grimly stated.

"Well, if it is war that they want, it is war they will get. Norway's army is eagerly waiting on the coast to attack. We have enough men for now to harry Denmark's forces," Greeve enthusiastically proclaimed, wildly waving his hands around.

"Fortunately, the entourage to England has only just begun this morning. It will take more than a week for a response of any kind to reach back here. And I doubt England will be so quick to act," Cartwright said to Rafe.

"I have massed a small army of men who oppose the Queen's rule, and are willing to join with Norway. They will aid us in the fighting. But now we must wait for the Queen's official descision," said Rafe.

"I'd reached that impression also, Luke," Stephen said with a weary sigh. "I overheard Rafe and Cartwright speaking the night before about a war and how they were to be commanders. And now the delegation from Norway has arrived."

"It is cause for trouble," Luke agreed.

"I don't even want to think about the implications of Rafe being involved with Norway. He has always been such a good and honorable man in all the time I've known him. Just look at what he's done for Robert." Stephen leaned back and rubbed his head in confusion. If Rafe had been so deceptive all this time, then their friendship was also a lie. He didn't know what to think anymore.
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2004 04:39
((Sorry, I know I haven't posted in over week, I've been busy with school and didn't want to post a little short dumb thing, you know?))

Joan hadn't known what to say to Aurora. She was in shock that courtiers could actually be as kind as her. When she didn't answer, Aurora went below decks, complaining of feeling ill. So Joan sought solitude on deck, ignoring her duties as a maid for the day. She was confused and sad, but another emotion welled inside her that almost frightened her. She felt excited.

She had never been out to sea, or even left her own little village. It was all new, but she dreaded what she had left behind.

When Aurora came up on deck after dusk, Joan didn't notice her at once. She was remembering the ball and wondering if Robert was thinking about her. But her mistress' footsteps echoing on the deck brought her back.

"My Lady," she said to her while bowing. "I am sorry for not answering you earlier, you caught me a bit offguard. I took the position of a maid willingly and when it was announced that we were leaving for England, I never thought it was to be so soon. I guess I was taken by surprise, that's all."

She turned and looked at Aurora in her eyes, giving her a searching look.
"You will not be abandoned in these new halls we go to, not unless you choose to be. And I, my Lady, will be loyal to you until the end. There is no need to dismiss me, perhaps this trip shall not be as horrible as we anticipate."
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2004 06:39
Aurora was glad for Joan's kind words.
"Thank you. And I lady Joan will never abuse your friendship. There is no reason I would ever dismiss you from me. I know that those who travel with me are loyal. They are the only family I have now."

The captian approached them then and bowed. "My Lady we will be ariving in England by tomorrow evening if the weather holds. I must say it has been a pleasure having you aboard my ship."

Aurora nodded. The captian invited ehr to dine with him but she declined saying that she wished to eat with her companions. The truth was she wasn't the least bit hungry after just recovering from the ill feeling she had had.

"I want you to meet Mika." Aurora suddenly said to Joan taking her hand.

Rupert had stepped back to allow Rose some time with her son but now he came forward to offer his advice.

"Your Majesty, they may not think that you as a woman can rule this country but every subject knows that you have the strength of any man. Use that strength to tell them we will give in. His Highness can help defend you if they dare attack you again."
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2004 12:09
"There has to be a way. We cannot stand for this. Denmark is our country." Philip took his mother's hands and spoke more softly. "You may have come from England all those years ago, but our people still think of you as our queen; this I am sure of. Listen to Lord Rupert, Mama. We can't lose our people, our ways. It's giving up too much."

"Robert is exactly what I'm worried about." Luke said in a troubled tone. "He obviously looks up to and is in awe of Sir Rafe...and I think a little afraid of him as well. And he's so in love with this dream of becoming a knight..." Luke trailed off, his gray eyes distant. "I'm worried what could become of him once he finds out what Sir Rafe may be plotting."

Robert sat outside the stable, one knee drawn up to his chest and an arm hanging over it. The boy's blue eyes were looking upward, where a bright moon nearly blocked out the stars with it's light...a full moon. Nearly as full and bright as the one under which he had danced with Joan.

Joan...Robert's hand once again went to the cheek where she had kissed him that first time. He slightly blushed remembering the event and how unexpected it had been.

'But she's gone to England, idiot!' a voice in his head shouted. 'She'll probably never come back; she'll make a new life for herself there. Maybe even marry an Englishman.'

'I know.' he said back lowering his head. 'But I can't stop thinking about her.'

'Because I think I fell in love...'

(OOC: Guess who was in an angsty mood? *points to self* lol, well, I posted! Yay for me! *now I'm just being sarcastic...*)
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2004 12:58
Miki was wandering around the castel, not really doing much if anything, pondering his new situation, when her heard voices down one of the less-known corridors. When he went in to investigate, he found Elain, peering over a balcony.
"I think they've gone," Miki whispered into her ear, making her jump. "Now what is a Lady as youself doing in these dark and drafty passeges, eaves dropping no less?" Miki asked, grinning crookedly, his eyes glittering with an idea.
~~~~~~~~~
Mika was sitting off the side of the ship, letting her bare feet dangle out of her dress, her toes streching out to the ocean, refelcting the glittering sky. Her black hair fell down her back, her eyes fixed upon the stars.
"Mika," she heard someone call, and turned to see Aroura and Joan walking toward her.
"Hello m'lady," Mika smiled. "And Miss Joan, care to join me? The sky is exceptionally beautiful this far out to sea."
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2004 02:59
Elisabeth had gone below to appologize to Aurora only to find the girl shut away in her cabin. She took what food was offered her to her own quarters and ate in silence. Anna was there with her, but the servant girl said nothing. After eating, the young English royal climbed up on deck. She walked briskly to and fro in the star light, her head filled with thoughts of home. She loved being at sea, but her head spun with a thousand things, too many to take much notice of the moonlit seascape around her. She wondered how much her life was going to change, now that Henry was getting married, whether this was for better of worse. He and Anna were all she had. Would marriage change the brother she knew and loved? She hoped not.
Elisabeth ambled from stern to bow and found Mika and Joan on the forward deck. She slipped up quietly behind them and leaned against the railing, relishing the feel of salt air on her face. She smiled warmly at the two but said nothing.

[Edited on 9/1/2004 by maeghin]
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2004 08:22
OOC: Forgive me, I thought I would post this here as I am unsure how often everyone checks the ooc thread. This is crucial for the plot, and involves everyone, so I hope I can get away with posting this here. Right now, Rose has to make the crucial decision as to whether to give into Norway or not. As I rp her, what I need to know is what is she going to decide? Is she going to give in and maybe come back later with an army big enough to overthrow Norway? Or will she stand firm and come up with an army big enough to scare off Noway? What do the rest of you think? Have you got some better ideas? Right now Aurora, Elizabeth and Joan are at sea on the way to England. The rest of us are in Denmark. Rose, Rupert and Philip are discussing what Denmark should do, and are awaiting Rose's decision. So, what I'm trying to say is, what is it??? I don't want to make it myself as I do not wish to upset any storylines, and I think we should all have some kind of input. So there you are. Either post some discussion here (and we can delete it later if it intrudes in the flow of the rp), use the ooc thread or pm everyone with your ideas. Also, I am moving house on Thursday (NZ time) so I would like to be able to post before then as I do not know when my computer will be up and running again, so this would hault the rest of you trying to rp. Thanks for your patience! I think this thread is fantastic, and I'm having a lot of fun being involved.

Thanks

~ Cate, aka "Rose, Queen of Denmark"
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2004 05:37
OOC I was thinking that Rose would stand firm and fight. I was thinking out of sympathy for her, since it looks as if Cartwright still has feelings for Rose, he would give her one day to raise an army. The moment that Aurora arrives in England she will plea to have men sent to Denmark to help. I denfinately am hoping there would be open war because that will give certain characters a chance to return to Denmark. As soon as we figure out what we are doing we can delete these or move them to the OOC (probably near the end of the list in the forum) so we can refer to them when needed. Thanks Cate!
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2004 07:41
((OOC: I like Bronwynn's idea about England helping out, but can we still stay there for a while? I was hoping to introduce another character into the plot (muahahahahaha ), a teacher of some sort, that would teach Joan to write and stuff, kinda help her get an education of sorts. It doesn't really make a difference to me what happens, I'll go with the whatever yall decide.))

"Yes, it is every beautiful, isn't it?" The three stared out at the night for a while, but Joan was itching to know more about Mika.
"So you and your brother are like mages at the castle are you not?" she asked Mika, tearing her gaze away from the sky.

"You could say that."

There was a mysterious tone in her voice, but before Joan could ask her anything more, Lady Elisabeth came and joined them.

"Goodnight my lady," said Joan, bowing. "has the sea cooperated with you so far?"
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2004 09:18
OOC: I'll write my post later, but in answer to your questions since we now know that Rafe and Cartwright are evil, it seems that war is imminent. How can Rose trust them? Unless she thinks they are counseling her to ally Denmark with Norway because they don't think Denmark is strong enough to oppose Norway in case of a war. I would like to hold off the big war though, because then it'll give some characters time to get used to the idea of a possible war and some to plot their nefarious schemes and others time to hang out in England and give England time to respond to Denmark's plea for help. ...My two cents...
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: January 11, 2004 10:26
Just a suggestion- you have enough OOC comments clutering this up that it may be worthwhile to start an OOc thread for it
This comment will be removed in a few days

[Edited on 11/1/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2004 12:40
(Back to the story!)

Elaine whirled around startled at the voice in her ear. She jumped when she saw who was behind her. "M-m-my lord Miki," she stammered. She looked down at her feet as she tried to think of something to say.

"Just Miki, please. But what are you here?" he patiently asked.

Elaine wanted to run away and hide for being caught eavesdropping on such important matters. But Miki was a mage and would know if she was lying so she had to tell him the truth. She blushed furiously as she began her explanation. "I was trying out that spell you taught me the other day about opening locked doors and I stumbled onto this room. I swear I thought it was nothing more than a broom closet. I was about to leave when something drew me to this hiding space and I overheard a meeting between the Prince and his advisors. I truly never meant to eavesdrop, but this room is just so fascinating. It changes, did you know that?"

Miki said nothing, merely smiled at her mysteriously.

Nervously staring at him, Elaine blurted out her fear, "You are going to report me to the Queen, aren't you? For eavesdroping on state secret?"

Stephen looked sadly at Luke. He really cared for his friend Robert, and yet there was not much he could do to help him. "I don't know what will happen to Robert. He has to be the one to make his own descisions, and face those consequences," Stephen said. He sighed. There really wasn't much they could do, but they could try. Putting on a brisk tone he asked Luke, "What do you know about Cartwright?"
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2004 01:14
Rose looked to her son. She saw determination on his eyes, the same determination her late husband had had. It was almost as if the past King was here with her now, spouting his thoughts through their son. To her, it was a wake up call.

She straightend herself up and wiped the tears around her eyes. She went to mirror and wiped the lines of black that had streamed down her cheek from her mascara. She took a deep breath to clear the uneasy thoughts she had and to focus on what Denmark should do.

"Right..." she said to herself. Looking to Philip and Rupert she said,"Denmark will not give in. We will fight, if we must, but we will not give in".

Rupert and Philip nodded slowly. A small smile creeped on Philip's cheeks - his mother was finally seeing some sense. The three of them went out the door to where Cartwright, Greeve and Rafe were waiting for them.

"Well M'am, what be your decison?" Cartwright questioned her seriously.

"Denmark will never give in to your demands," Rose announced firmly.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2004 07:28
Luke nodded. Stephen was right; and besides he knew Robert. As much as the boy wanted to be a knight, Robert was the best person he knew and Luke was sure that Robert would make the right decisions.

"That guy is a snake." he answered Stephen's question. "I think he's trying to take over Denmark; and I think that's what Sir Rafe is helping him with. I'm not sure, but they may have allied themselves with Norway somehow."

Philip couldn't help but smirk slightly at his mother's words. Rigth now he was seething with anger at Cartwright; this man had come into thier home and made them believe he was a friend...even going so far as to "help" Philip with his first important diplomatic mission. Philip now wondered how much of Cartwright's advice had really been of any use. He stepped a little closer to his mother, hoping his presence would be of some strength.
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2004 09:33
"Ah my Queen," Cartwright drawled with an ironic smile, "you've made a bad descision. Norway will crush your defenseless army."

"We would have graciously allowed you to keep your rule here, in name only, but now Norway will show no mercy," Greeve added maliciously.

With a murderous look in her eyes the Queen ordered them to get out.

Rafe stepped forward and swept into a courtly bow to the Queen. "As my Queen demands."

The three men headed towards the door, but Rafe turned around to address the court once more. "You'll find out soon enough, but nearly half of your guard has decided to join with us. Apparently a woman's rule was not enough to keep the loyalty of your men." Provoking them even more, he gave them a jaunty salute and left the room.

The men hurriedly rushed to the stables to be on their way. Rafe found Robert sitting quietly in some corner. "Robert," he barked. He was in no mood to be patient with the boy today. "Saddle horses for the three of us and yourself. And be quick about it. We will be leaving for the coast in ten minutes."

Cartwright took that time to inform those treacherous and disloyal guards what had happened with the Queen. In the ensuing chaos that would follow with the announcement of war, those men would take the opportunity to sneak off and meet them at the coast.
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2004 11:16
(OOC: This will be my last post for a few days, I'm moving house )

From where she stood, Rose was ready to scratch the eyes out of Rafe, Greeve and, especially, Cartwright.

"You'll find out soon enough, but nearly half of your guard has decided to join with us. Apparently a woman's rule was not enough to keep the loyalty of your men,"Rafe addressed the Court. With that, the men were gone.

Rose thought to shout, "Seize them", but she realised that that really was of no use. Biting her lip she took a deep breath, her temper had raised and was ready to be unleashed. She did not know whether to take Rafe's words seriously or not. They had certainly irritated her, and pressed upon a sore spot, but she did not know if he should be taken seriously. If he was telling the truth, Denmark could be in trouble.

"It certainly hasn't helped matters having Cartwright as out Military advisor earlier - he knows what sort of a state our army is in," Rupert commented.

"And what sort of a state is it in?" Rose queried.

"It could be better M'am," another advisor spoke up.

"Oh..."

Rose said nothing for a few minutes. The council broke out in discussion as to what must be done.

"Gentlemen, I believe we should let the people know that war is upon us..." Rose began, "...as we will need their support, won't we?"

The council nodded. Rose looked to her son, "Philip, I think you should do the honours - you may not yet be King, but the people will have to get used to the idea that you will be. You will be King, you hear me? I will make sure you are. Denmark will prevale (sp?). Besides, as Sir Rafe has already commented, a lot of the country frown upon my rule - simply because I am a woman. Perhaps I will forgive them for it, once I have brought Denmark through this war victorious!" Rose smiled, the colour returning to her cheeks from the sickly pale they had been before.

Philip beamed at Rose, and nodded in agreement.

Rupert then spoke up, "Well M''am, let us get on with it shall we?" he too smiled gladly. Rose's attiude had changed for the better, and this sort of attitude might help keep the country on her side.

"Indeed, on with it we must..."

[Edited on 14/1/2004 by maeghin]
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2004 12:49
Rupert followed Rose and Phillip out of the hall.
"I will summon the army your Majesty." he said bowing to them and headed to the stables. His horse was already saddled when he arrived. Swiftly he rode out across the land stopping at every village to gather those soldiers who were there. It was night when he returned, followed by 6,000 torches.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2004 06:57
Robert jumped up at Sir Rafe's order, which came out harsher than usual. The boy ran into the stable and quickly saddled four hourses. Leading them out, he helped the noble men and the knight mount, the mounted his own horse.

As they rode, confusion built up inside of him. Why were they leaving for the coast and in such a hurry at such a late time? Did something happen? One of the noblemen was from Norway, he knew. Had something broken through in the negotiations?

'Guess I'll find out eventually...' he thought.

Philip nodded as Rupert left to alert the army. His mother retired to her rooms for a few hours rest. He knew he should have gone too, but instead, the prince made his way to the chapel in the palace. Kneeling near the front, he looked up at the stained glass windows. The next day he would announce to his people that they were going to war. Philip bowed his head and began to pray for strength. It was something he should have been asking for before this; and he would need it all the more now.

[Edited on 15/1/2004 by maeghin]
<< First89101112Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email