Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Legolas!!Legolas!!!Legolas!!!
on: February 24, 2003 07:18
Hi all - my first post here I feel funny typing this post!
I read this thread and just had to post! I too am an "older" woman (32), married w/2 kids and am addicted to Legolas!

I think Orlando did a great job with the character, although I am addicted to Legolas, not him. I keep wondering why too, and I think part of it is his "gentle" way of dealing with things while being an incredibly great protector.

I have now seen the movie 5 times, number 6 coming up on Thurs, and just can't get enough. I love the whole movie though!
Mirkwoodgal2003
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2003 01:11
Hey I'm considering buying the Fellowship 4 dvd set, is there loads of stuff with legolas/Orli in, cos I won't spend £25 on it if there isn't? I've heard its very good, what is the extended section of the movie like?
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2003 06:32
I have the extended version and I must say that it is EXCELLENT!Worth every cent for all the extra footage and cast commentaries and behind the scenes look at things.I can't say that there is loads of stuff with Legolas,but I still feel its worth the money,its the only one I watch now.I don't even look at the first release.But I'm just saying that this is my opinion
sepdet
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2003 09:22
Me ... again! (God, this is getting embarrassing!)

I had this sudden insight - maybe my elf-crush really stems from jealousy - I'd like to able to do all this swashbuckling stuff myself, archery, hores-riding etc - AND get paid for it !!! (But please, don't picture me as some walkyrie, I prefer the image of an amazon ... *giggle*) ... Okay, Tara, I confess. Really, it's those legs!

(attempts to avoid commenting on amazons)

I should have teen kids by now but I keep failing to grow up. Okay, okay, you young ladies have a few years on me... but the fact that The Boy With The Bow looks much like the college students I teach when he's out of costume makes me cringe.

I had grown out of my Legolas phase along with Wonder Woman and Horsies and Unicorns, about 15 years ago, and then That Boy had to go and trigger it all over again. Partly it's his lines and eye-catching moves, but a lot of it is indeed the archery and horsies, which make me jealous. I own a sword and a decent bow (viz), and I can ride well enough to stay on if the horse does something insane under me, but I can't do what HE does, and it makes me stare agog.

Also, as obsessed ringer notes, it's really endearing how he keeps protecting all his friends. What's not to love about such loyalty?

[edited to conceal my Naughty Streak manifesting itself yet again... ah, bad sep. ]

[Edited on 2/27/03 by sepdet]
Linithiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2003 09:21
I LOVE LEGOLAS!!! I am seriously obssessed. He's just so cute and brave and loyal and sweet and gentle and I could go on and on.:heart: He is just the coolest character in the movies, and pretty nifty in the books. I am so obssessed I'm scaring myself. Orlando is gorgeous too - he seems such a nice guy in the DVDs. I'm never going to be able to get a boyfriend coz I'll keep thinking that he's not as cool as Legolas.
Poldalle
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2003 05:49
I will admit that when I first read the books I had nothing even slightly resembling a crush on any of the charecters (this is probably highly due to the fact that I was a ten year old tomboy who thought that being called a "girly girl" was the worst possible insult) Now however I am completely obsessed with Orli, especially as Legolas.
legolasgurl
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 11:43
Lily, could you hand me SEVERAL of those towels please?:love:
My cousin and my sister told me that there was this REALLY cute elf in FotR! Since I was imagining a Santa Claus elf I didn't really believe them. But then I watched the video, and well the rest is history... I LOVE HIM, I LOVE HIM, ILOVE HIM!!!:heart:

[Edited on 11/1/2004 by legolasgurl]
Legolas_Land
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 31, 2004 08:31
Oi vay...Yum yum OB, the man is yummsum as Legolas.
In the books I prefered Legolas in TTT, now I've read the books again I can't get pictures of the films out of memory. Damn...
As I am over in Britain, have heard recently that during renovating Toliken's house they have found TWO NEW BOOKS!!!!!
Yay! Apparently Tolkien wanted to change some of his conclusions to his characters, IE Legolas going with Gimli to the Haven's, apparently there is more to tell about our sexy elf- can't wait to hear more!!!!!!!
Nimloth_Ilivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2004 10:19
I LOVE Legolas. In the books and in the movies. ( More in the books)

Greenleaf_is_MINE
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 03:42
Ooooooooooooo, I LOVE Legolas!!!!!!!!! :love:
But I'm not a rabid fangirl. I have more rwasons for liking him than the fact that he's HOT. He's also an incredible warrior, a loyal friend, the quiet, sweet type of elf, he's an elf, and he's just so incredibly cool! I've liked him ever since I read the books (I think that was the year before FOTR came out.....) but I've really started having a crush on him after hte movies. You get to see more of his intense, deep side. True, I would have liked it is he was a bit more cheerful, but I love the intensity and the way you can tell what he's thinking by looking at his eyes. They're soooooo expressive.... :heart:
Rainyaviel_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2006 08:40
omg Legolas is so gorgous.he is just perfect.he is more than just gorgous he is fearless,loyal,an excellent fighter........*sigh* i could go on forever.
LadyWoodelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2006 08:06
omg Legolas is so gorgous.he is just perfect.he is more than just gorgous he is fearless,loyal,an excellent fighter........*sigh* i could go on forever.

I agree. I also like the fact that he feels everything very intensely.
elvengirlchild
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2006 05:47
i know i am so in love with him to he is so cute i pllan on marrying him one day want to come to my wedding?
elfgurrl
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2006 02:45
Shhh, don't tell the other Aragorn fans I'm posting here

I'm here to confess a most secret crush on book Legolas. :love: He was thoughtful, brave, intuitaive, and loyal - who could ask for a greater friend? Being an Elf does help - I'll admit - but his character is sort of a more perfect human, which makes him really cool! I'm not too sure about the way he was portrayed in the movies, but he'll always be wonderful in the books.

*leaves quietly*
Thalionaglar
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2006 10:22
:heart::love:Leggsie:love::heart: is the mpst sexy elf i've ever seen, and :heart::loverli:love::heart: is the most sexy actor i've ever seen
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 02:09
Got that right.
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2011 04:52
Ah, Legolas. Pretty but pretty stupid as well. No offense, but he's Captain Obvious and he doens't have a clue. But he's pretty to look at and Orlando Bloom is a great actor to play him
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2011 06:54
LOL, yeah, I know, but he's my favorite character anyway...books+movies.
Ah, Legolas. Pretty but pretty stupid as well. No offense, but he's Captain Obvious and he doens't have a clue. But he's pretty to look at and Orlando Bloom is a great actor to play him
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
belldoras
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2011 11:06
Since the character of Legolas will be in The Hobbit film it will be interesting to see what style they will give him. Will they still go with the long blond hair again or will they outfit him with a page boy hairdo or short, back and sides.

I love the Legolas of the book which gives a better and deeper description of him and I agree that Orlando does a wonderful portrayal of him.
Dream~Giver
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 25, 2011 05:56

I think I'd blame the script writers on that one.

Even though he's not in the book, I'm pretty excited to see him in The Hobbit (as long as it's not too big of a role).
eruanna246
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2011 12:40
LEGOLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Ok, when I first saw LOTR, I said "hey, Legolas is quite good looking!!"
When I next saw it, I said "wow, Legolas is really attractive!!!"
Next time I saw the films: "OMG LEGOLAS IS THE HOTTEST PERSON IN EXISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:love: :drool: :love: :drool: :love: :drool:

Since then Legolas is my all time favourite character, and Orlando Bloom is my all time favourite actor, and I have a huge crush on them both. :love:
Andowen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2011 03:04
Just been reading The Book of Lost Tales (Part II) and was really excited to see Legolas Greenleaf get a mention. I guess that makes him one of the very first characters of the Fellowship to come into existence.
ThatLegolasFanGirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2012 12:50
YES Legolas is absolutely amazing in every way!!!! I love him sooo much... I have like a major crush on him. The first time I saw him I was like "I guess he is pretty cute..." but then i just fell for him more and more and now all my friends know that I have a crazy obsession for him. I love the book and the movie version, both are fantabulous! And for all the other girls who love him, I have made him a "shrine" (what my mom calls it) thingie with lots and lots of collectibles and merchandise, written letters, poetry, stories, drawn pictures, you name it. Beat that Well I think I have made my point pretty clear by now sooo yeah... Bye! xD
:love: :love: :love: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Julianna Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Legolas!!Legolas!!!Legolas!!!
on: December 30, 2012 03:05
Legolas is the best! My friends are creeped out that i have an obsession over him! But hes just so awesome!
Legolas is ~L~ovely! Legolas is ~E~verlastingly talented! Legolas is ~G~reat! Legolas is ~O~h so awesome! Legolas is ~L~ovable! Legolas is ~A~mazing! Legolas is ~S~weet! ~LEGOLAS~ rules! Mrs.Greenleaf
Elendome
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2013 08:14
Oh Legolas, why must you be fictional? :'(
I kid you not, I have had a crush on him since I first saw the film when I was seven, and I still love him to death to this very day. I remember when I was little and I found out that Orlando Bloom didn't actually have long blonde hair, and I felt like all my dreams had been crushed, because I wasn't sure that I wanted to marry him if he didn't have that lovely hair. XD Such a silly child I wash.

Also, on a random sidenote, the sound I emitted when I found out he was going to be in The Hobbit was not human.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2013 06:30
Lol
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2013 07:59
I do have a crush on him, but I do realize that if I was ever in that world he probably would not even know of me. (Nor care, since I see him mostly caring about doing what he can to protect his home rather than finding a wife. LOL)
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2013 08:18
Well, I hope Legolas is in the next 2 Hobbit movies and I wonder what role Tauriel will play in his life. I hope not a love interest. I think Peter Jackson knows not to dare give Legolas a girlfriend since his fans would all have a fit!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Julianna Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2013 08:19
Hes my husband
Legolas is ~L~ovely! Legolas is ~E~verlastingly talented! Legolas is ~G~reat! Legolas is ~O~h so awesome! Legolas is ~L~ovable! Legolas is ~A~mazing! Legolas is ~S~weet! ~LEGOLAS~ rules! Mrs.Greenleaf
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2013 09:29
Lindarielwen, I saw/heard something (written by fans I think so I don't know how true or false it is) but if I'm correct it mentioned Bard the Bowman as a love interest for Tauriel. It does sound like he'll be in the next two movies due to the fact that Mirkwood is his home, and that he'd most likely be at the battle of four armies...But I don't think any of it is confirmed, it's just what I've heard/guess. As for the 'love interest' for Legolas, due to how the LoTR movies are filmed, I think they realize that it would not flow/make sense if they give Legolas a girlfriend in the Hobbit movies. Though who knows?
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2013 10:15
How interesting it would be if Bard and Tauriel would get together. I think they would be well suited for each other. As far as Legolas is concerned, it is a good thought you have about a love interest for Legolas not flowing into the Lord of the Rings. Well, we only have 10 months and 29 days to find out.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2013 10:33
I'm not sure about Bard and Tauriel. But then again I'm not sure about Tauriel in general, the description of her on the action figure box made her sound like a 'mary sue' character. I'm also waiting to see her in action before I judge (too awfully much) it will be nice to see a female warrior if she's done right. ^.^ With Legolas, it may be a good thought, but we have no idea if the people at Weta and the Directors believe that it's a good idea for him or not. And agreed, counting down the days already!
Taug anin ú-daug.
Julianna Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2013 06:14
me too! Im SUPER excited
ithildinilis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2013 09:06
PERFECT!! Yet could have gotten better lines. "A diversion." C'mon, they could have done better than that.
Ithildinilis "Do not cast all hope away. Tomorrow is unknown. Oft red is found at the rising of the sun" -Legolas
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2013 10:10
I can't wait to see him in the Hobbit! I have a calendar and he is on the December page. He is so cute! lol. My uncles, the funniest people in exsistance, tease me saying, " Oh Legolas! He is elvish mcdream boat!" sometimes they say if i am talking about COE like a guy i know on here they are like it's (whoever) mc large huge!" they don't make any sense sometimes! lol
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email