Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
Post RE: Sapphire Skies Among the Darkness. (Everyone Welcome!!)
on: July 19, 2006 05:39
Narluin saw Nevawen ride ahead. Upon her return, she noticed that Nevawen looked melancholy. Not wanting to intrude, Narluin turned her attention back to Bain, however, keeping an ear out for any sounds that could indicate friend or foe.

-----------------------------------

The orc horde sent a scout party of ten out to search the layabout of the land. Having saw the four maidens, they reported back to their commander. "There are four of them. Maids all. Elvish by the looks of them," one scout hissed to the commander in a hoarse voice.

"Weapons?" the leader asked, withdrawing a wicked-looking halberd.

"Aye, we should be able to overpower them easily."

"Very good. Perhaps we shall."

(I put in this to add a little drama to the plot. This subplot won't be too long. Hope it works!)
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2006 05:52
((aahhh something exciting...yaeee))

Nevawen listened for Bain's answer but was distracted when a foul smell met her nose. She turned in discust towards the others, "Do you smell that foul odor as well? I fear that we are not alone anymore."

They had made it to the edge of the wood, light could bee seen coming from the world beyond. Nevawen unbuckled her dagger for easy access and readied her bow, she held it low for now. She watched in anxiety as they neared the foul smell...
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 19, 2006 06:23
A retched smell filled the air as the company reached the edge of the forest. "I fear you are right," Narluin replied, pulling out Arinya. "Perhaps we should split before something happens. Scout out the area, and see what happens." Waiting seemed like an eternity, but what else could be done?

--------------------------

The orcs looked out at the Elves from the shadow of the trees. "Should we attack?" one asked the leader.

"Not yet. Be patient. They are going nowhere." The leader narrowed his eyes and studied the maids more.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2006 04:34
Bain did not feel it was right not to explain some thing of her self to these elleth. She knew the time would come when they would have to depend on each other and knowledge often helped that.

Bain spoke, "I was born and raised right here in the golden woods but I had little thought in my head from the time I was a small elfling but to be a gaurd of this woods as my father and brother were. About 200 yeards ago I took a leave from the gaurd," At that point her voice had gone sad but she did not explain why she left. "At that point I took 100 years and learned all that the healers could teach me. Then I went back to the gaurd."

She had barely finished when

distracted when a foul smell met her nose. She turned in discust towards the others, "Do you smell that foul odor as well? I fear that we are not alone anymore."

They had made it to the edge of the wood, light could bee seen coming from the world beyond. Nevawen unbuckled her dagger for easy access and readied her bow, she held it low for now. She watched in anxiety as they neared the foul smell...

Bain nodded and pulled her bow off of her back and put an arrow on the thread. Her words " you are no doubt right. That stentch only comes from orcs."

As the smell intensified she spoke again, "This will be no easy fight Im afraid. THere are serveal of them by the smell perhaps 10 or 15. AS a former gaurd I recommend staying together so we can gaurd each others backs." Her voice became even softer, "do not worry if my horse ends up riderless, Gaurds learn to fight and move easily through the trees."

(sorry about the bit of a back up. cath up now..lets fo forward from here)
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2006 09:00
((SOrry for not posting I had some things come up and I have been trying to take care of them. ))

Nevawen and the others formed a moving circle, so that none could be taken by suprise from behind. The stench was getting even stronger and Nevawen's keen elf ears could hear a slight labored breathing, like someone was waiting in anticipation. She picked up more sounds and relized that they were surrounded, she figured the others had realized this as well.

Suddenly they attacked, they seemed to come from everywhere...the trees, all around them were raining Orc arrows. Bain had been right, Nevawen could spot about 15 of them...15 to 4...."Not the best odds but it could be worse..." Nevawen thought to herself as she pulled her bow back and quickly realised a rain of arrows. One of the orcs dropped from the trees and Nevawen looked to the others. They all seemed to be doing okay so far. Nevawen threw her dagger straight at the chest of the nearest Orc who was trying to cut her horses legs. He dropped to the ground dead...
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2006 03:45
As soon as the orcs began coming around the trees Bain started shooting. One arrow after another.But even as she took out her first 3 she knew it would not be a for sure victory. Bain knew the call of a gaurd in trouble but was not sure if there was a patrol close enugh to help out this little group or not.

Bain waited no longer. She let out the rally call for back up gaurds. Then the next instant she stood on her horses back and jumped in to the nearest tree which was only a few inches away.

Bain then resumed firing arrows moving from branch to branch as she had learned in gaurd training. It was confusing for the orcs to have there members falling dead but not be able to see where the arrow came from and by time they shot at the branch Bain had been standing on she was not longer there.

Just a minute after Bain took to the trees 2 orcs decided her horse would be an easy target. Both ended up with hoof prints on their chests for getting to close to the animal who dislikes orcs as much as anyone. These orcs were winded but not dead.
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2006 06:42
(Sorry, this post will not be long, I have been VERY busy as of late. Will post again when I get the chance. If need be, you guys can do whatever you want to my character... except kill her. LOL!)

Firniswin slipped from Rochdu's back and gave a great whinny, mimicking the horse's speach.

The beast fled quickly, kicking orcs are it went and snorting ferosciously as if to frighten the smaller beasts of Morgoth.

Brandishing the scimitar from the sheat at her side, Firnsiwin wielded the blade fiercely and slew and oncoming orc.

She looked back behind her quickly, checking on her friends to make sure they were all alright.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 25, 2006 03:33
At the first sound of the trampling of the orcs, Narluin had taken Arinya in both hands and had turned Arden around to face the oncoming enemy. Holding on with nothing but her legs, Narluin charged Arden in the midst of the battle. Slashing hither and yon with her sword, she maintained her balance and fought as tough as any elven warrior could. The slender blade of Arinya cut through the orc skin like a knife through warm bread and where it dug in to an enemy's chest, there was no returning of that foe. Hoping they wouldn't be overwhelmed, Narluin glanced around at how her companions were doing. They seemed to be faring well, but looks could be deceiving, and they could only hope that there were no more of the enemy around.
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2006 06:15
Nevawen slew another orc and lept off her horse to retrive the dagger that had taken the life of an orc, she knew that if there were any others they would not be able to over come them. She heard Bain let out a call for backup and then she lept into the trees. Nevawen fought hard, she jumped off Starfire, "Go I will call you when I need you, I do not want you hurt." she spoke in elvish. She knew he would understand, and he was soon out of sight.

She ran to an orc that distracted, he was trying to follow Bain through the trees. He was shooting arrows every which way and Nevawen knew he would never hit her. She crept up behind him and slit his throat, he let out a girgle and fell to the ground. She did not like to kill...it made her sick, but these were evil, vile creatures and she knew that if they did not stop them, they would be the ones killing them.

Soon Nevawen could hear the call of the patroling gaurds, they were headed this way. Nevawen silently thanked Bain for being so brilliant. Nevawen could see a second wave of Orcs that seemed to come from no where...about another 10. She knew that they would be able to take them though for they now had many on their side.

She jumped into the trees where she crouched down and began to take them out, one by one they fell as they ran, like puppets after their strings are cut, except of course they had arrows sticking out of them every which way.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2006 03:23
(Hey hope you don't mind if I join!)

"Take them down!" A guard named Bragolan shouted. The elven guards began slaying the orcs. "Are you alright?" Bragolan asked the maidens. They nodded. Bragolan turned back to the fight.
Soon they were dead,but fear of more orcs lingered in the air. "You had better hurry on your way if you expect to get out of here alive." Bragolan said. As the maidens mounted their horses,Bragolan turned back to look at them. "Maybe I should escourt you for a while,until we are sure there will be no more attacks." Bragolan suggested. The maidens nodded.He whistled into the forest,then a beautiful dark brown horse ran over. "Ah Aranen,you have come." Bragolan said as he mounted. Then they began their journey again.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2006 09:01
(( you are aware that there is very little change of Bragolan and Bain not having at least met, with him having been in the gaurd long enough to be leading a patrol. I am going to act on the idea that they know each other. We can decide how well as things move along))

After the last orc was dead and Bain gave one last good look around. Then Bain dropped to the ground not far from Bragolan. She spoke in her normal soft tone. "Good to see you again Bragolan." She then saluted him in normal fashion of one gaurd to another. "I am relieved your patrol was close enough to back us up. I dont know if the lord and lady have made a decision on how many the golden woods can spare right now. You and your patrol fought honorablely and well as always."

She walked over to her horse and spoke softly to him. "Good job my friend." She smiled and rubbed his nose a minute.

She ventured her opinion now. She came back to Bragolan. "As far as I am concerned you are welcome. The woods are getting more dangerous all the time and an extra gaurd would make this little group an even stronger fighting force. Which we may need. But I am not the leader of this group so I dont have the final say I am here to help and to do what I can to keep these safe."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2006 09:50
"It's a good thing you were here Bain,more and more orcs are gathering.It would be safe to have another guard." Bragolan said. Then they heard a strange sound. "We had better get going.I'm sure the noise attracted more orcs,but I'm sure they'll be more careful now that there are two guards." Bragolan said. Bain and Bragolan rode on each side of the maidens so that they would be able to protect them from any side attacks. "It makes me sad to see the beauty of Middle-earth destryed by these foul beasts." Bragolan said sadly.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2006 03:28
Nevawen smiled at the newcomer, Her eyes searching for any sign of ill intent. Nevawen really had trust issues...Seeing nothing she smiled, "Glad to have to with us." She said as she whistled for Starfire. He came running and she laughed, he had managed to get a twig stuck in his mane and it was sticking straight up...she pulled it out and mounted.

Soon they broke free from the wood and were on their way. Nevawen looked to the far northeast, there were no signs of Mirkwood yet but she knew that soon they would be there. The sun was in the middle of the sky and starting it's decent that meant it was going to be evening in a few hours. She turned to the others, "Are the designated camping spots or do we just ride untill dark?" she asked. She did not know much about exploring outside the wood.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2006 03:39
"Around here I think the safest thing is to keep riding." Bragolan said. They continued for a long time,then they heard something,like a twig cracking. "I fear more orcs have followed us." Bragolan said. Suddenly an arrow flew out of the bush and hit Bragolan in the shoulder,wounding him badly. Bragolan pulled the arrow out of his shoulder and shot the orc with it. "Only one orc? That is strange." Bragolan thought. Then a surge of pain went through his arm.He fell from his horse and went unconscius.

[Edited on 29/7/2006 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2006 01:47
Nevawen looked back just in time to see Bragolan falling from his horse...She quickly turng starfire around and rode over to him. She jumped down landing gracefully.

She shook him, "Are you okay Bragolan? What happened?" He was not responding and that was when Nevawen saw the wound on his arm.

"Stop everyone, Bragolan is hurt we need to heal him!" Nevawen shouted.

That was when Nevawen saw them coming, the last of the orcs had followed them out of the wood and were gaining on them fast in the fading light. Nevawen knew their they were their strongest in the dark...She quickly pulled Bragolan out of harms way.

"Hang on my friend we will help you soon." She said as she took out her bow and began releasing arrows. There were only 5, after the one that Bragolan had shot, but Nevawen knew they had to get rid of them quickly, before anyone else could get hurt. Firing off arrows she hit the leading orc with three arrows, one in the neck, one in the heart, and the last one right in the head...he fell to the ground.

The others had turned around and were readying themsleves to take care of the last 4. Nevawen turned back to Bragolan, he was starting to stir...
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2006 06:45
"Nevawen! My arm!" Bragolan said as he clutched his arm. Nevawen helped him to his feet. "I'll be alright." Bragolan said. Then he grimaced and gripped his arm tighter. He ripped a piece of his cloak and wrapped his arm. "We must get into the forest before nightfall,or the orcs will find us." Bragolan said. When they had mounted their horses Bragolan looked down at his arm. He knew he wouldn't be much help now,he could barely move his arm without it being painful.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2006 05:19
Bain fought untiul all the orcs were dead. Only then did she take time to look around at her companions. She saw Bragolan.

Then she spoke "dont fear old friend you have a pair of healers here today. I need to stem the flow of blood. I am not going to lose as fellow gaurd over an orc arrow."

Bain then quickly wrapped the wound. "If it does not stop bleeding with the presure of the bandage I will take further action later. Now I agree we need to move." The Bain and another elleth helped Bragolan back onto his horse. Bain stayed right becide him and kept a close eye on him.

When they reached the forest and found a defendable place to camp for the night, then bain helped her friend and fellow gaurd down and told him. "Sit still, your fighting is over for a few days." Bain tone of voice left no room for arguments.

Then Bain went to make sure that the camp was set up and that there would be a gaurd posted. While she had never been in Mirkwood before she had heard enough stories not to be willing to take their saftey for granted.

(sorry if your chari is female but when I looked in the BD I couldnt find them and actions seem to be to be a bit male if I am wrong ill edit.)

Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2006 05:59
Nevawen decided that she would take first watch since she had so much on her mind and she kenw she wouldnt be getting to sleep anytime soon...she sat atop a rock bathed in moonlight, thinking of her sister. She touched the necklace around her neck softly and held back the tears she knew were coming.

She sighed and pulled her knees close to her, she rested her head on her arms and looked up to the sky. Such wonderful mysterous beauty she had head so many stories about the stars. Nevawen thought about Bragolan, she hoped he was okay, he had come with them to protect them but now they were the ones that needed to protect him, how ironic. She smiled, he seemed like a great person.

Nevawen sat there lost in her thoughts untill someone tapped her on the shoulder...
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2006 06:00
Firniswin smiled in greeting as she sat down beside Nevawen.

"I hope you don't mind if I join you, I can not sleep."

She sighed and dragged a hand through her bedraggled black hair. "I am sorry I have not been more helpful today." she smiled sadly and looked at the gently glittering stars. "Things have been on my mind of late and I haven't been able to gain proper control of my thoughts."

She looked to the other and noticed the trace of tears in the moonlight. She caught her breath and leaned over to Nevawen. "Are you all right? You seem distressed."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2006 12:43
Bragolan say the two maidens talking. Bain was doing something else and he had nothing to do. "I think I'll go find some firewood or something." Bragolan said to himself.

He walked around for a while,he wasn't really looking for firewood. "What use am I if I can't fight." Bragolan grumbled. Suddenly he heard a loud shrill sound. Bragolan turned quickly. His hand was on the hilt of his sword. Bragolan knew he shouldn't have been walking alone. He heard nothing else,so he approached the area where he heard the noise. He looked around,no one was in sight. "Must have been my imagination." Bragolan said. But when he turned around he was face-to-face with an orc."Got ya." The orc said. The orc banged him over the head with the hilt of his evil orc sword. Bragolan lost consciusness and the orc dragged him deeper into the forest.
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2006 03:56
About to speak again, Firniswin was stopped by a loud sound that caught her attention.

She looked about, but nothing seemed amiss. The horses were chewing grass quietly and the rest of the group was all quiet in the camp.

She turned to Nevawen, not wanting to frighten anyone else. "Did you hear something?" she questioned her quietly as she could, looking about again. "Wait," she said, rising to her feet she searched the trees. "Where is Bragolan?"
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2006 05:09
When Bragolan woke up he is tied to a tree,an orc looked at him with hungry eyes. "Why can't we just eat him!" The orc snarled. "Cause' we have to wait until the she-elves get here.Then we kill 'em all." The orc leader said. Bragolan looked around,he saw his sword next to another tree far from his reach. He sighed. "How could I be so stupid! Now we're all going to be killed!" Bragolan mumbled. "What was that elf?" The orc asked. "You can't get away with this! and you won't get the elf maidens!" Bragolan shouted. "Oh really. Even now they are beginning to search for you, my scout just came back with the news." The orc said. He slowly approached Bragolan. "One more peep out of you and you won't be seeing your lady friends again!" The orc said,he held his dagger at Bragolans neck. He was thrown back by another orc. "I told you,we ain't killing him till we get the others." The leader said. Bragolan knew he didn't have much time,but he had to find a way to warn Bain and the others.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2006 05:11
AS soon as Bain realized that Bragolan was not in camp she was worried. He was not up to his normal ability to defend himself.
Bain looked at the others. "We must find him, but if he just wanted some time alone and we go looking for him it would be foolish." Bain frown for a moment. "I will signal for trouble and he will come if he can, if he doesnt get back here in a minute we will have to stick together and keep on alert."

Then Bain let out the same whistle she had in Lorien to call Bragolan's patrol. Being in Mirkwood there was not much chance of anyone but him answering it. They waited about 2 minutes and when there was no reply Bain went and picked up her bow and quiver. Checked her sword for easy drawing and the looked back to make sure the rest of the group was right behind her. Then she went in to the woods. She only wished that she had better tracking skills.

They crept around the camp. After the second trip she stopped and pointed. She whispered softly, "that could only have been done by an orc. IF there are more then one of them, I fear that Bragolan may have been captured or killed we must be on alert."

Then she put an arrow on the string then she followed the path the orc left behind. It was not hard to see. But orcs were known for being careless of how they walked.

Bain could see no sign of anyone being dragged so either the elf was being carried or he had gone down a different path.
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2006 08:55
Nevawen smiled slightly..."oh it's nothing really important but..." she was cut off by Firniswin noticeing that Bragolan was gone..."Oh no" she thought to herself. "I hope that he is okay..." She got up and got her bow and dagger, they waited and waited but he never returned and thus began the tracking...they could see very strange imprints, very clumsy.

As the footprints went on Nevawen started to think....what if this is a trap...what if they want us to come looking for him, But we cant let him die. He came to help us, it's the least we could do. We at least have to try and save him.

She shook her head and quieted her thoughts, She kept a keen eye out for any sign of struggle...He must of bee carried. she thought to herself. Everyone was slient as they moved through the forest.

Wait! Nevawen whispered, "can you hear that?" She asked the others. There was a slight crackling of firewood coming from somewhere up ahead. "Someone is there...she whispered, "We have to be careful. We should send two up to scout and two should stay close behind incase anything goes wrong. That way we are not all captured at once if it is an ambush or anything like that." ((There are 4 of us right))
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2006 08:28
(Yes, there are. Me (Firniswin), Narluin, Nevawen, and Bain.)

Firniswin nodded and leaned forward. "I will scout for my eyes are accustomed to this darkness- I travel more often at night than in the day." she looked to the spot where the crackling could be heard. "Who will accompany me and what will be our plan? I think it wise that the two who stay behind hide somewhat, in case they come looking for more of us."

She looked into each of the elves eyes and smiled as best as she could.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2006 10:09
Bragolan heard not far off the soft sound of the maidens voices. He looked over at the orcs to see if they also heard them,but they made no move. He whistled the Lorien signal to warn them about the orcs. Then the leader orc heard him and walked over. "Calling to your friends are you? They must be close." The orc said as he smelled the air. Bragolan looked worried, he had given his friends away. "Lets go look for 'em. They're only maidens whats the worst they could do?" The other orc said. "I wouldn't do that if I were you. They are stronger than you know." Bragolan said, no fear showed on his face. "You lie Elf!" The orc shouted. "Maybe I am,but how could you know. Maybe a battlion of Elves are with them. You'll never know." Bragolan said. He was trying to strike fear into them. "Shut up if you want to keep your head!" The orc hissed. "Thats enough, Elf you tell us if there are other elves with the she-elves or we will kill you." The leader said. "I'd rather die than give away my friends." Bragolan said determindly. "Kill him." The leader said. The orc thrush his dagger into Bragolan. Bragolan cried out. Although he had been hit he still felt life in him, maybe it wasn't fatal...
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2006 08:34
Nevawen spoke up, "I will go with you to scout, I fear we might of already been heard though by the sounds that are coming from the camp, we must hurry. Be careful my friends, hide untill you can sneak up on them if they come looking for you...they are not smart but they will kill you for they feel no mercy towards anyone, not even their own kind. We must go through the trees, they will not be expecting us from above. I have a feeling they think we are nothing but silly girls...which we are not! Us two will go into the trees and come from above, you my friends should hide on the ground and when they are distracted...attack with everything you have. Remember this is a rescue mission so as soon as we have Bragolan we need to try and get as far away as possible. I wish every well and hope that our plan works out..."

Nevawen was suprised at her own leadership skills...she had never been the leader type. "I guess when it really counts I can actually be somewhat of a leader." She thought to herself.

They quickly took to the trees, Nevawen glanced back just in time to see the others dissapear into the darkness. They moved swiftly covering much ground and soon they were at a perfect vantage point, they could see everything.

What Nevawen saw brought tears to her eyes. Bragolan had been stabbed in a potentially deadly area, "NO!" she whispered...She turned away and looked at Firniswin, "We have to save him." She whispered...
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2006 11:20
Although Bragolan was weak, he was not dead, yet. Then Bragolan noticed Nevawen in the tree with Firniswin. "Yes,they will destroy them, with or without me." Bragolan thought. He watched them above, they were devising a plan, or at least thats what he thought. Suddenly he felt a surge of pain. "If they wish to save me they had better hurry." Bragolan whispered with a groan of pain. The orc heard him. "You still alive elf, I'll finish you this time!" The orc said as he approached with his dagger again...
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2006 01:03
Bain has slipped into the darkness Then she had climbed a tree. She comfortable in the trees at night. It came from patroling.

She moved, silently as she had been taught, the others were moving as well. the whistle of warning was not truly needed but it did tell Bain that he was alive.

The cry he let out shortly later told her this recsue need to be done soon.

She was near the edge of the trees she could see the orcs miling around and she saw Bragolan he looked near death. Then he moved and she was releived for a minute Then the orc came toward him.

a groan of pain. The orc heard him. "You still alive elf, I'll finish you this time!" The orc said as he approached with his dagger again...

Bain was not too far from directly a front of the orc. She pondered what to do, the group of orcs was to large for the four of them unaided but she would not let an honorable gaurd die when it was within her to give him a repreeve at least.

Bain drew and arrow from the quiver and put it on string. She pulled back slowly waiting for the perfect shot. Straight though the heart nothing else would kill the orc fast enough.

It was only a couple of yards away from Bragolan when the opening came. Bain took it. The orc with the dagger fell dead.

Bain then let out a load sharp whistle. The same one as before. No sooner had it died then Bain was moving. There was a couple of archer in the orcs and they shot at the area the arrow had came from but Bain was no longer there.

Bain stopped a few yards away. Her body behind a tree tunk. She yelled out loadly in common knowing that orcs usually do not speak sandarin and this plot could only work if the orcs heard. "Patrol, take out the orcs. They have already killed one of our own." It was followed by the loadest warlikest cry Bain could summon.

The orcs were instantly in kaos. They had though they were up against only four females. A patrol was not what they wanted to fight.

The orcs started to flee. All but a half dozen who were too close to the leader and feared him more then they fearer for there own lives. Who was yelling for them to stand and fight.

The voice of the leader was cut short when Bain placed an arrow in his chest as well. It missed his heart but he fell down to his knees and the last 6 orcs took off like they were afraid they would be next. As the neared the edge of the clearing, Bain had moved closer to the end of the limb she was on and short one more running orc in the back. The one who was behind but off to the side a bit from Bain screamed even loader then then shot one and redoubled his speed.

Bain made no further effort to the orcs. Her primary concern now was the injured gaurd.

Bain stopped to try and figure out just how she would be able to treat Bragolan. Her healing supplies were back at the camp they had made. And more then a few orcs had gone in that direction.

Her thoughts were interupted by the curse of the leader. "i'll still kill you elf."

The sound was far nearer that it should have been.

Bain wasted no time, she dropped out of the tree and landed in position so she could be running in moments. She took off for Bragolan and the orc, they were not far apart now.

She know she had to take the orc from its path. TO make matters worse right now she didnt have time to draw her sword she cursed herself for not taking time to do so before running but once in a while she would act with thinking. She did the only thng she know that would stop the orc's forward progress. She hurled herself bodily into the chest of the orc.

They were both toppled back ward. Bain rolled quickly away from the orc. It had been so intent on fininshing off Bragolan it had not heard her only felt it self being pushed back wards.

Now it turned on Bain with a vengence. The pain from the fall had actually stengthened him. As Bain lept to her feet her dagger was in her hand, and she was pulling her sword from its sheath. the orc roared and lunged for bain It managed to deflect her sword with its own and the dagger seamed woefully small but Bain could not bring her sword into play when the orc was maintaining pressure on it with is own. Bain stabed it, twice with her dagger. It finally felt it and backed off.

It stood glaring at Bain. It took a step toward her then it fell dead.

Bain turned quickly to Bragolan She had no herbs and was concerned that the blade may had been poisoned plus by looking at him she know he had lost a lot of blood.

Bain pulled at the bottom of her under tunic it was the cleaniest she had at hand and she pressed it to the wound. The she pulled another strip from it and wrapped it very tightly around the bandage.Bain spoke softly to her friend"I am very sorry to hurt you but if I dont stop the bleeding you will die."

Bain knew they would need to move asap and waited for the rest to get there to decide how to do it. Ther was no way that Bragolan could walk he would not even be able to ride unaided.

(hope i didnt go too far. I can edit it I need to. I cant seem to stop writing once i start.)
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2006 02:10
((It was GREAT long posts always welcome!))

Nevawen jumped into the shadows and killed off 3 or 4 of the retreating Orcs, they never saw here coming for she was much to graceful in the woods, espically in the dark. She quickly made her way back to the orc camp and looked at Bragolan, he was very pale and his breathing was shallow.

"We need to get him back to camp now! He cant lose anymore blood," She knew that firniswin already knew this because she was in the process of trying to stop the bleeding.

The others had just shown up and by the looks of it they had also had a few run in's with the Orcs that had scattered.
"Are you guys okay is everything fine." she asked.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2006 02:27
"whatever you do I will not mind, it seems I have no feeling I am so weak." Bragolan said. He felt much pain. The quiet of the wood made him feel safe and at peace. "Thank you Bain and maidens, I am glad you are safe." Bragolan said. Bain concentrated on his wound as he talked, but Bragolan grabbed her hand. "Don't you think it is too late Bain, I don't think I have a chance. I've lost too much blood." Bragolan said....

[Edited on 7/8/2006 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2006 03:54
Bain allowed Bragolan to hold her hand but kept firm pressure on the wound with the other one. When she spoke the sadness was apparent. "I know you are in pain my freind but I have no supplies to help with that. I also know that is why you feel it is too late."

Bain looked shocked at the idea of going back to camp even though they needed much of what was there. Bain spoke softly not wishing to alarm Bragolan, "you know as well as I do that a number of these orcs went right toward that camp. There is a very great likely hood that they will stop there. The find of the packs and the horses, if any of you actually tied yours down, would be too great of a find for the beasts to pass up."

Bain knew that her horse would take off at the first sign of orcs. He would use his nose to try and find her but with orcs running around he could still be caught by them. Not that he would make it easy on them.

Bain sighed heavily, "unless we get a miracle everything that was left at that camp except for one or 2 horses will already be in the hands of orcs."

Paused not sure if she should voice her next thought ot not. Bain expected that Bragolan being a gaurd had already thought of it as well. She decided to say what was on her mind.
"It is possible that the orcs may turn around once they only find 5 packs."

Bain paused to let that sink in. then she continued. "For Bragolan's sake we must head for the nearest city with all speed. We will need to create a litter and carry him."

Bain started looking around for branches that would be straight enough for the project. She soon spotted a couple and pointed them out to the others.

Just shortly after that a sound was heard. In moments it was obviously a horse. Bain was glad when her horse troted into the open. He was looking suspiciosly at the dead orcs.

Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2006 08:42
((Its ultimately your decision but I think he sould live))

Nevawen looked up at the horse and wondered where her own was...she knew that she had not tied him...as a matter of a fact she had not yet taken the small pack that she kept around her horses neck...the one with the healing supplies. She was not a great healer but she beleived that if they could someway help him...he might make it.

Nevawen looked back at the others, "I have to find starfire, I didnt take my healing pack off him I forgot to...I'll be back I have to find him." Nevawen took off into the woods without another word. She ran a few feet and then stopped to whistle, if he was in range to hear her then he would come running she just hoped that nothing had happened to him.

Running further she finally heard hoofbeats, "There you are Starfire!" He had gotten hiself tangled in a thicket of Vine like brambles...she quickly ran over to him and started untagling his legs main and tail. He snorted impatiently as she picked the vines away from him.

She petted him and told him where the others were...he trotted off with Nevawen running quickly beside him. She was staring at him with a smile on her face when suddenly she felt a stab of pain through her abdoman...She turned to see a pair of glowing eyes...she could not tell who or what they belonged to but as she fell to the ground the last thing she remembered was a pair of big dirty boots stepping beside her and then everything went black...

((Figured that I would add to the drama...haha drama is always nice...if anyone doesnt agree with this please tell me and I will edit.))
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 03:17
(Love the drama. Its so me!)

Although Bragolan was badly wounded he still had his elven senses and he felt something was wrong. "Bain where is Nevawen?" Bragolan asked weakly. Bain looked around. "We msut find her." Bragolan said as he started to stand. Bain gently pushed him back down. "Alright you go find her, but watch yourself. More evil lurks in this forest than we know." Bragolan said. Although he wanted to go he stayed with Bain's horse...
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 08:19
(Sorry I haven't posted in a VERY long time...way too busy lately!)

Narluin had stayed behind with the horses when Bain, Nevawen, and Firniswen had gone off to find the guard. Her senses on edge, she had guarded the horses when she had heard a low whistle. Arinya drawn, she hid behind a tree. She sighed with relief when Nevawen's horse had answered the whistle, but when Nevawen had come into sight, a hooded figure had stolen up beside her and had knocked her unconscious.

"Halt!" Narluin cried, leaping on Arden and booting him into a gallop toward the figure. To ensure that the figure didn't get away, Narluin withdrew a dagger and threw it accurately at it. A groan of pain escaped the thing as it lodged itself in its leg. As Arden neared the figure, Narluin let out a gasp as she laid eyes on what had hurt her friend.

(Hope this works as a comeback post.)
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email