Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First7891011
Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Sapphire Skies Among the Darkness. (Everyone Welcome!!)
on: July 24, 2007 09:19
Lindar was furious with that elf. How could he have been so stupid?
"If he is unable to aim in the right direction his bow should be taken from him." Lindar said angrily.
He paced back and forth, his fury shown in his dark eyes.

Then he saw Bragolan walking towards him.
"I heard the proposal brother, I'm very proud of you." Bragolan said with a smile.
Then he noticed that Lindar was very angry.
"Lindar, what's the matter? And where is Narluin?" He asked.

"Some idiot shot an arrow and it hit Narluin in the arm. I would have strangled him had I the chance." Lindar said.
Bragolan raised an eyebrow. "Lindar, I'm sure it was an accident." Bragolan said.

"No one should use a bow if they can't aim!" Lindar argued.
Bragolan sighed. "Maybe he's still learning. Everyone deserves a scond chance Lindar." Bragolan said calmly.

Lindar didn't believe this was right, bt he nodded in agreement. "Fine, I'll give him another chance. But if he does one more stupid act don't stop me when I go to kill him." Lindar said furiously.

"Lindar! I do not want you speaking that way. Don't you remember what happened last time you killed an elf? You nearly died yourself. Control your anger brother, just stay calm. If you need anything you know you can talk to me or Narluin." Bragolan said.

Lindar let out a sigh. He was still tense and angry, but he had a cool off a little bit.
"You're right. I don't want to upset Narluin. But if he does do something else he'll regret it." Lindar said firmly.

Bragolan nodded. "Good. Now why don't you go check on Narluin. I'm heading to the gardens if you need me." Bragolan said. Then he walked off.

Lindar brushed back a strand of dark hair that had blown into his face and he made his way to the healing room.

When he came in he was angry to see Elenion standing by her.
Suddenly another thought came to mind, he said he was simply a friend to Narluin but maybe he would try to take her from him.

He quickly walked over, his eyes flashed when he looked at Elenion.
"Are you well meleth nin?" Lindar asked. He made it so he stood between Narluin and Elenion.

Then he looked back at Elenion. "I do not think you need to stay any longer tithen edhel." Lindar said. He wanted Elenion to know that he was superior to him, no matter what. He knew he was the stronger, for he could aim an arrow from a very long way, and hit his target.

Then he turned back to Lindar and put his hand on her cheek, carassing it gently.
"I promise not to let any harm come to you anymore my love, I will protect you forever Narluin." He whispered.

(tithen edhel: little elf.)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 24, 2007 11:50
Narluin met Lindar's eyes and pulled away from his embrace. She was not angry but slightly bewildered. "You cannot think that Elenion would take me from you, but I see you do. Jealousy shows on your face. If you do not trust me to think for myself and let others know if they have gone too far, then how can you trust me otherwise?"

Turning on her heel and wanting some peace of mind, Narluin left Lindar and sought the solitude of her uncle's chambers. She found him seated at his desk, pondering over a scroll.

He looked up as she approached and appraised her with his timeless gaze. "Is there something wrong, niece?" he asked as the sound of the waterfall crashed behind him.

Narluin inclined her head. "Indeed. You have the prophesy, do you not? Can you not foretell what would happen between Lindar and I? I feel his spirit is not quiet, and darkness still lingers. I fear for anyone who comes into close contact with me would only upset Lindar, and his jealousy would be roused."

Elrond replied somberly, "To be truthful, Narluin, I see only darkness for Lindar. But as far as you two are concerned, it is hazy. For certainty, you are the only one who can know what will happen, but I can advise you on what I think of your betrothed.

"I feel that there will be tensions between you two no matter what happens, and the fault is neither of yours'. It is just a matter of his past, your past, and your own characteristics. I cannot say for certain if the marriage would work out." He sighed heavily, fingering the silver diadem that encircled his brow. "I am not discouraging you from marriage, my dear, I am merely advising you on what I think."

Narluin nodded once, knowing the decision she had come to. "There is only so much that one can take. If there is nothing about him that can change, then I shall bow out and wander on my own, for maybe it is that I crave my own company and those of a friend and confidant than those of a significant other."

"Only you can be the decider of that, Narluin. Only you can chose your destiny." Elrond leaned forward and pressed his lips to her brow. Stroking her raven hair gently, he added, "But remember you always have a home here, no matter what ill befalls others. You come from a great lineage, and do not forget that. Others will fall, but I think you will endure, regardless of what happens."

Narluin bit her lip anxiously and turned to leave. "Thank you, uncle," she muttered, bowing and taking her leave.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2007 01:34
Lindar frowned when he saw Narluin leave. He had upset her anyway, even though he had promised not to.
Lindar wandered away, also looking for solitude. He had to think about this, maybe Narluin didn't love him as he had thought.

He came to the waterfall and sat there. Mist sprayed on his face as he sat. He was deep in thought, and soon he felt tears in his eyes.
"I cannot even keep myself calm for one moment. I tried, but I had to fight didn't I?" Lindar whispered.
He was angry with himself now.

Lindar pulled his knees to his chest and hugged them, tears silently rolled down his cheeks.
"How can she love me after all I've done? I should have known better." Lindar said sadly.

Then he felt his heart aching. It was the worse hurt he had ever felt. He would have rather been beaten by an Easterling than feel this kind of hurt.

Bragolan noticed his brother sitting alone and went to him.
"Lindar, what are you doing out here?" Bragolan asked.
Lindar continued to stare at the water.
"Go away Bragolan." Lindar said angrily.
Bragolan was surprised by his tone of voice, but he respected his wish and left him.

"I'm sorry Narluin. I don't blame you if you leave me." Lindar whispered. Then he broke down crying. He decided to leave, if she didn't love him he would travel away. There were places he could go, maybe he would visit Lorien again.

"I guess I couldn't go to Mirkwood. Maybe I'll head North." Lindar thought sadly. He didn't want to go, but he would not stay if Narluin didn't love him anymore. He would leave alone, he wouldn't even tell Bragolan.
-------
When Bragolan came inside he saw Narluin.
"What is going on between you and Lindar?" He asked.

[Edited on 25/7/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]

[Edited on 25/7/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 26, 2007 05:08
"I honestly do not know what to do anymore, Bragolan," Narluin told the elf, running a hand through her hair distractedly. "I have talked with my uncle, and he feels the darkness that penetrates Lindar will not lighten. I am beginning to be of the same mind as him, and that is unlike me." Tears filled her eyes, and she fought the urge to break down.

"I am not the one for Lindar. And maybe he is not the one for me. We are too different to be alike, and I cannot help but think things would only worsen. Do not feel any reason to stay here, Bragolan. Certainly not on my account."

She left Bragolan and sought the solace of Elenion. Her friend was seated in the library, staring out a window that overlooked the dell. The sight was astonishing, but as soon as he heard footsteps and saw the stricken look on Narluin's face, Elenion stood and put a hand on her shoulder.

"What is wrong? Surely the danger that writhes in Moria cannot have reached us here yet," Elenion said, holding Narluin against him as the dam broke. She could not hold it in any longer.

"Elenion," she sobbed into his chest, "I cannot do it any longer. I cannot remain with Lindar. I cannot entwine my fate with his. I cannot..." A knot caught in her throat, and she tried to swallow it.

Elenion embraced her gently and remained silent, not wanting to upset her further. "Then maybe you should leave here." Narluin stopped crying long enough to gaze into her friend's eyes.

The elf continued. "Lord Elrond has told me of the danger that lurks in the bowels of Moria. Perhaps the best thing would be for us to scout it out."

Narluin agreed and the next day, the pair of them rode out, due south. The mountains were to their right, the cool air of being in the mountains surrounded them like a blanket. Narluin huddled deeper into her cloak, holding it closed with one hand while the other held Arden's reins. Little did they know that they were about to meet up with Lindar again.

(I looked back in the thread and found that the message Elrond had sent to Galadriel concerned a variety of foes lurking in Moria. If that is where you want Lindar to go, that is up to you.)
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2007 05:27
(okay, maybe he can defend her from an attack in Moria? Just an idea.)

Bragolan had listened sadly to Narluin. It was her decision alone what she wanted to do with her life and Bragolan completely respected that, but he knew this would hurt Lindar.
----
Lindar had been sulking for a long time. The last he had seen of Narluin was when she rode off with that elf, Elenion.
Lindar was furious. He had loved Narluin so much, and she didn't love him at all.

"Maybe my heart has even turned against me. It only causes me unwanted pain." Lindar whispered.

After a short time he decided to leave. He wouldn't tell Bragolan, because his brother had plans to return to Lorien anyway. Lindar didn't want to drag his brother around anymore.

He decided to head South. He wasn't sure where he was going to go, but he wanted to go far away.
---------
After many days of traveling he saw riders ahead of him. He immediately knew that the two riders were Elenion and Narluin.
At first he wanted to ride up to them and beg forgiveness, but his blackened mind and hardened heart wouldn't allow him to do that.

Lindar began shaking with anger. He was angry at himself and he was angry at Narluin.
After a while of fighting with himself he decided to approach them.

When he rode up to them he saw the surprise on their faces.
"I have not been following you, I was simply riding this way to escape from my old life. I began wondering what you might be doing and if I could offer any help." Lindar offered.

He felt like he was begging on his hands and knees and he hated that more than anything. His pride was shattered, at least for now.

"You don't have to forgive me for the past, and you don't have to speak to me at all, but I'm coming anyway. I know you're going to Moria." Lindar said.

He deliberatly rode far from them, he felt disconnected. It wasn't unusual, he had felt this way for many years before he had been found.

Then he began remembering the day Narluin helped him in Mirkwood. She had coaxed out the reason he had been so angry...it was because of Linaiwe. His first love that he had also lost.

Then something stirred in his heart. He knew he couldn't have Narluin but he would defend her until his death, because he had been unable to rescue Linaiwe. But the fact was, he loved Narluin much more than he had ever loved Linaiwe, for he had had more experiances with her, seen more with her.
And he had ruined everything.

"Ai, my heart is so hard. Lord Elrond was right about me. I am dark and evil." Lindar whispered.

(Bragolan will probably follow behind. I'll add him in my next post)

[Edited on 26/7/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]

[Edited on 26/7/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 31, 2007 08:57
(Both ideas sound good.)

Narluin was disconcerted by the sudden appearance of Lindar, but she hid the shock on her face. Gripping Arden's reins even more tightly, this time with both hands, she kicked the grey into a fast gallop, wanting to run from it all. Arden mirrored her tension by tossing his head wildly as his legs pounded the ground. Her hood fell down, and Narluin's black hair streamed out behind her.

Elenion followed his friend on his black. Equally as sturdy as Arden, the black picked up the pace eagerly and soon began to lessen the gap between him and Arden. Elenion leaned low over his neck, clutching the reins and muttering in elvish to his steed, encouraging him to run even faster.

Eventually, Elenion overcame Narluin and placed his black in front of Arden. The grey slowed and halted, breathing hard. "Narluin," her friend said, concern showing in his eyes, "you must calm down. You are the one person that I know that is least likely to break down, but it seems that you are at that point."

Narluin continued to gaze into Elenion's eyes, and she sighed heavily. "You are right, of course, mellon nin." She turned her face away. "But maybe I shall find out what the fates hold for me soon." Her gaze turned upwards to the sky as if trying to discern the future in the depths above her. Her thoughts turned to Lindar, and she thought she spied him out of the corner of her view of vision.

The pair continued on towards the caves of Moria, their senses on high alert for any telltale signs of danger: footsteps, arrows, howling, the like.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2007 10:25
Lindar watched with a hard stare as Narluin and Elenion took off, trying to escape him. Soon they both slowed and he was near them again, though still far off.

Then he heard a sound behind him and he unsheathed his sword. His pitch black horse with the white muzzle turned with an angry whinney and Lindar faced whatever was behind him.

But then a cream colored horse carrying an elven rider on his back came into view. Lindar sheathed his sword when he saw his brother.

"Thought you could leave without me did you? No Lindar, I'm still watching out for you." Bragolan said with a smile.

Lindar turned away from him without a word and continued marching ahead, toward the dark halls of Moria.

For some reason Lindar did not fear what was ahead, or at least he refused to show it. He felt that the darkness of Moria matched the darkness of his soul. Maybe he would be more at home there.
But the thought of what dwelled within the caves was what worried him most. He was worried about Narluin.

Bragolan rode beside Lindar. "Lindar, I have never seen you so look so angry. What upsets you?" Bragolan asked.
Lindar turned sharply and glared at Bragolan.
"Why do you pry into my life? You wonder why I am angry while you know very well that my betrothed left me and she does not love me," Lindar said angrily, but then his face softened and so did his tone of voice, "And yet my heart still aches for her touch."

Bragolan bowed his head. "I understand it hurt Lindar, but she was free to make her choice. It was probably best for both." Bragolan said.

Lindar felt tears beginning to well in his eyes, but then he hardened again and refused to let weakness show with his tears.

"I care not what you say brother." Lindar said in a low voice.
Bragolan sighed and continued on their way.

When night began to fall they had to make camp. Bragolan gladly helped Narluin and Elenion make camp, but Lindar immediately seperated himself from them. He covered himself in his dark cloak and stared at the trees surrounding them.
He was listening to the sounds around them.

Then he heard the creak of a bow string being pulled back and he jumped to his feet.
"Yrch!" He shouted as his sword was drawn. A cold light shone on his blade.

Bragolan dropped everything and took out his sword as well.
Lindar had found the small band and destroyed a few, but there were many more.
Bragolan rushed over to aid him, but the orcs caused little trouble and soon they had fled.

Lindar wiped blood from a scratch on his brow.
"They were spies. They've gone to warn the others in Moria." Lindar said.
Bragolan felt his heart sink. Moria was a nightmare in his mind and he shivered and closed his eyes.

"Then they shall be waiting for us when we enter." Bragolan said.
Lindar looked at him with a hard, piercing stare.
"If you are too afraid to enter than leave. We need not have children on this journey." Lindar said in an equally hard tone.

Bragolan was upset with this. "I am your elder by five years Lindar, you do not speak to me that way." Bragolan said firmly.
Lindar glared and then pushed by the three elves before him and went back to his sitting position under the tree, covering himself in shadows and allowed anger and grief to swallow him.

He clutched his hilt of his sheathed sword so hard his knuckles were white. His dark eyes were closed, though if they had been open they would have looked black. His mouth was clamped shut and he would quiver with his anger.

Bragolan went back to making the camp with his two friends, but he glanced over at Lindar and sighed sadly.
"Everyday I'm losing him. I thought I could save him, but perhaps I was being foolish." Bragolan said sadly.

[Edited on 4/8/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]

[Edited on 4/8/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 10, 2007 10:24
"The fault is my own, Bragolan, and I accept it. I cannot explain my feelings, but something arose in my heart," Narluin muttered softly to Bragolan, holding her head in her hands. "If anything should happen to him, I will be to blame." A sob wracked her body, but she stifled it quickly, lest the others hear.

Arden whickered and nudged her, nodding towards Lindar. Narluin lifted her head and gazed at him, a lone tear leaving its mark as it fell down her cheek. She stood and made her way over to him. Her very breath was soft as she stepped over to him and said as light as the wind, "I don't suppose you would let me explain myself, would you?"

The stony silence that lay between them was oppressive. Narluin tried again, still maintaining her distance. "You must understand that it was my own choice, but I never wanted to hurt you."

Again the silence.

Narluin remained there by Lindar for a while, and when he finally turned his head to look at her, there was so much anger and hurt in his gaze that she stepped back and fought the urge to cry. She bit her lip and turned away, only to be alerted to the sound of footsteps heading towards camp.

"Not again," she cried, rushing over to the fire and flinging her cloak over it to put it out, plunging them all into darkness. It took a moment for their eyes to get adjusted to the moonlight that reflected off the mountains. Arden came up alongside her and nudged her again. Grabbing her weaponry, Narluin jumped on Arden barebacked and motioned for the others to follow her. "Fighting will avail us of nothing other than injuries. We cannot risk it," she said quietly.

Seeing the torches from the enemy, Narluin headed away from them. She was bound for the mountains, with Elenion behind her. Turning Arden quickly, she waited for Lindar and Bragolan to follow. "Hurry!" she cried urgently, wanting to leave the orcs behind.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2007 04:30
Bragolan understood that Narluin had made her decsision. It was her life, and he respected that. But Lindar was hurt, he felt like she was against him.

When she spoke to him, he just turned and stared at her.
"Why do you speak now?" He asked in a hard voice.

Then suddenly the sound of orcs came toward them. Lindar stood and unsheathed his sword but Bragolan grabbed his arm.
"Let's get out of here. We can fight another day." Bragolan whispered.

Lindar mounted reluctantly. Why did they always have to run?
"I will run this one last time, but next time those foul creatures come near us I'll kill them." Lindar said.

Bragolan was shocked by the strange tone in his brother's voice. He truly had lost him to the darkness that consumed his soul.
"Lindar, I'm sorry I failed you." Bragolan said softly.

Then they rode away in the darkness toward the mountains. Lindar imagined they would be having lots of trouble with orcs in the mountains if they were having trouble now.

"I'll fight them in the mountain." Lindar whispered.

Then he looked at Narluin. He wondered if she possibly loved him deep inside. But then he hardened again. She didn't love him, she left him, denied him. He was forgotten and maybe thats the only way he could ever be.

"Just in a memory. Perhaps that is all I can be." Lindar whispered. Then he spurred his horse a little faster to catch up with the others.

But he was still so angry, so upset. His mind would rage when he thought about why she left him. Inside he knew it was because he was an elf that lived in darkness and the darkness would never lighten, but that only made him more miserable because he hated the darkness.

But now he allowed the anger to consume him. He had no room for love for anyone anymore. They were all against him anyway. He knew deep inside that this was against his nature, but he didn't care, not anymore.

(I think Lindar will die in the next post, unless you had other plans. Do you want them to reach Moria?)

[Edited on 11/8/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]

[Edited on 12/8/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 15, 2007 10:12
(Should he die the next morning?? When you read below, you will see why I asked.)

Narluin was thankful that it was night, lit by a full moon, so that no one could see the tears that poured silently down her face. She was in front, leading the riders toward a grove of pines that climbed the slope of the mountains. The elf halted Arden and turned her head in the direction of the old camp. Footsteps still followed them, but they were fainter. Narluin sighed with relief and allowed the others to catch up with her.

"I know not how many there are, but I think it would best if we holed up in a cave or crevice for the night and wait until morning to ride out again," she said, trying to make out something else other than rocks and the peaks that loomed up in front of them.

Narluin could feel Lindar's hatred of her penetrating every sinew and muscle of her body. She disliked the feeling immensely but knew that the fault for that was her own. Different feelings tugged at her heart, but Narluin thrust them away and dried her tears. There was no need for this, she thought, feeling as though her insides were turning to stone. I tried to explain myself, but he will have none of it. Arden sensed this hardening, and he turned his head around and nipped Narluin's leg in protest. She nudged him forward, but he refused, instead bending to the right where a darkness (somehow darker than the night) came into view.

Coming upon it, Narluin saw that it was indeed a cave. After setting up a small sheltered fire, the companions leaned against the stony walls and were left to ponder the morning.

A dark-haired elven child ran up to Narluin, arms thrust out. She picked him up and kissed his forehead. He nestled his head in under her neck and sighed happily.

Lindar came up to them and touched the child's head as he fell asleep against his mother's chest. He met her eyes, and an unspoken love filled his heart. His darkness had gone completely, and there was only light.

Both of them were happy, living in Imladris, with Elrond's blessing. They had been married for several years, and there had been no huge quarrels between them. Both were content.

Narluin woke up with a cry. The sun was just beginning to rise, and mist rose in tendrils to make the atmosphere seem mystical. Hence why the Misty Mountains were called what they were, Narluin thought ironically. A pang filled her heart, and she looked upon Lindar, still sleeping. Part of her wanted to go over to him and tell him that she had made a mistake, but another part told her that she had made her choice for a reason. She huddled against the wall and watched as the sun began to peek over the mountaintops. Today was going to be eventful, that much Narluin knew, but little did she know that eventful meant horrible.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2007 11:13
(sounds fine to me. I loved that dream! It works so well with what I've planned!)

Lindar stood beside a beautiful water fall. The land around him was lush with beautiful green landscape. Lindar knew this was Imladris, but why was he here?

Then he saw a little boy with dark hair staring at the water. Lindar watched him for a long moment and then the boy turned. He looked much like a younger version of himself, save a few features that seemed different. "Suilad Ada." The boy said as he smiled.

Then Lindar turned and saw Narluin by his side, she held his arm.Then the boy stood and rushed toward them and held his arms out to Lindar and he lifted him into his arms and held him.

Suddenly he woke. He sat up and ran his hand through his hair. What in Arda was this dream suppose to mean? Was this a vision of the future? They were married in his dream, they had a child. Could it be real? He saw Narluin looking at him and he stared back, but then turned away. It was too painful to look at her, for as he did he knew his dream was only a fantasy.

Bragolan was already up and about. "Alright, we better keep moving. Come on." He said with a smile.

Lindar grumbled but stood up. But at that moment they heard a loud orc call and suddenly they came upon them.
Bragolan's eyes watched the enemies as they surrounded them. They all unsheathed their swords and prepared to fight.

Lindar watched them eagerly. He was ready to destroy these orcs, and the dark light in his eyes shone brightly.
Bragolan grabbed Lindar's arm. "Do not fight alone, stay beside me." He whispered, but Lindar did not heed him.

Soon they were thrust into battle. Lindar was the first to notice that above the crowd stood a taller orc that seemed to be the captain. Lindar decided to take this orc on himself, and if he slew it perhaps Narluin would think differently of him.

He slipped away from Bragolan and the others and came upon the orc captain. The orc captain seemed surprised.
"You dare fight me elf? I am very dangerous." The orc captain said as he held his crude blade.

Lindar smiled evilly. "I am more dangerous." He said. Then he charged toward him and began fighting the orc viciously.
Bragolan saw his brother fighting alone and became concerned, but he had no way to get over to him, for the orcs prevented it.

Lindar and the orc were locked in combat for some time, but then Lindar was caught off guard. He heard Narluin cry out and he turned his head as he remembered that it was his duty to protect her, even if she didn't love him.

The orc saw this and took advantage of it, stabbing Lindar too close to his heart. Lindar gasped and turned back and stared down at the blood that blossomed on the front of his dark blue tunic. It was a fatal wound, he knew it. The orc smiled and raised his blade again, but Lindar would not allow him another strike.

Lindar swung his sword and cut off the orc captain's head and then collasped to the ground. As he laid there for a moment with his eyes closed he felt something different, something peaceful. The darkness was gone...in his last moments the darkness had fled his heart.

Bragolan had seen his brother fall and he ran to him, driving his way through the orcs. He knelt beside Lindar with tears forming in his eyes.

"Lindar, I'll help you." Bragolan said desperately.

Lindar grabbed his hand. "No, it is fatal, I must die. But Bragolan, I am free. In these last moments I am the same brother I was before I was taken by the easterlings." Lindar said as he looked at his brother.

Bragolan felt tears of great sorrow and some of happiness to see his brother. Lindar's eyes had a kindness in them, and his face was not hardened with anger. His voice was again kind and he could even hear the mirth that had been there years ago.

Lindar gasped for breath and then grabbed Bragolan's shoulder. "I need to speak with Narluin, please hurry." Lindar said.

Bragolan nodded and called Narluin. Then he stood and walked away, glancing back at his brother.

When Narluin was beside him Lindar lifted his hand and brushed back a strand of her hair.
"Narluin, you must forgive me for what I was before. I want you to tell Elenion that I am sorry for the trouble I caused. We might have been friends if the chance had been given. I wish things could have been different between us Narluin." Lindar said. His voice was becoming weaker and lighter.

Then he took Narluin's pale hand and placed it against his heart, his life blood flowing onto her slender hand.
"My heart belongs to you alone, Narluin." Lindar said softly. But it was spoken with the such deep love and compassion that the words were very strong.

Then he looked up at her and studied her face one last time. He smiled at her and the same unspoken love that Narluin had seen in her dream was shown in his face.
And then then his eyes closed and he passed away from the world and his spirit went to dwell in the Halls of Mandos where he would reside until he forgot the life he had before, and maybe longer for the evil deeds he had done in the past.
But at last he was free from the darkness.

And as he laid there, there was a peace on his face that had not been there for many long and tiring years. At last he had found his peace, sad though it was for the living.

Bragolan covered his face with his hands and wept.

(Well, there we have it. That's my last post here and I'm signing off. Please put this RP in the archives. Thank you. I'll be back to see Dinenlasse's post of course.)

[Edited on 15/8/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 15, 2007 04:12
The tears came fast and silently, flooding down her face in a torrent. A sob came into her throat, and she threw herself across Lindar's still warm chest. She cried her heart out and remained there for the longest time until Elenion touched her shoulder softly. Orcs still swarmed around them, and Narluin stood, tears still in her eyes, but they were blazing with anger as well. A fire sprang up in her heart, and she took Arinya in her hands and leapt into the fray.

There were no more than ten or so orcs left, and between them, Elenion, Bragolan, and Narluin dispatched them all. With minor injuries sustained, Narluin returned to Lindar, whose hands had finally grown cold.

"Lindar, why is it that I hurt you so? The dream I had this past night, I am sure you had something of the same. It could have happened if I would have tried harder. We could have been happy, we could have lived in Imladris, we could have..." Sobs wracked her slender body and she could not continue.

Elenion touched her shoulder again. "I am sure things could have been different, but, Narluin, there is nothing you can do about it now. He is happy and at peace with himself."

Narluin turned her crystal eyes upon her friend and replied, "He would have welcomed you as a brother. You two might have been friends, but I got in the way." Agony coursed through her, and Narluin tried to swallow the knot in her throat.

Standing up, she went over to Bragolan and grasped his shoulders comfortingly though her own shook. "I feel for you, but no words can express my...our pain. Bragolan, I.." Narluin faltered.

Elenion came up and put arms around them both. "Time will heal all," he said gently, tears streaming down his face as well. "But all we can do is honor his memory and give him a decent burial."

Narluin nodded and slowly, her tears ceased. The dream, she bit back a cry as she remembered. It could have been, but it was not meant to be.

Time would heal their wounds, Narluin knew, but it would take a long time. But maybe there was nothing left for her here anymore. Maybe it was time she moved on.

"No," Elenion said abruptly, reading her thoughts. "You cannot heal when you run away. Going to Valinor will not solve anything."

Angered that Elenion was right, she let go of Bragolan and knelt by the body. "I love you," she said simply, pressing her lips to his cold ones. "Wherever you are, wherever your soul flies, I will remember you and hold you close to my heart. You are mine, and I am yours." A peace settled over her, and tranquility filled her heart.

"Come," she said, standing and lifting Lindar's body. She placed him on Arden's back and covered him with her cloak. "We must be away from here, and we will take him to Imladris."

"Come, Arden," she whispered to her horse. "Let's go home."

Slowly, the three survivors began their journey north.

(And that is a wrap. A bit confusing on the emotions, but hey, not a bad end for an rpg. Archives away!)

[Edited on 8/16/2007 by Dinenlasse]
<< First7891011
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email