Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First7891011
Author Topic:
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
Post RE: Sapphire Skies Among the Darkness. (Everyone Welcome!!)
on: March 29, 2007 11:42
Elrond looked at the young elf in surprise and said calmly, "This has nothing to do with the marriage at all, mellon. I still give the both of you my full blessing. I trust you with Narluin; if I didn't, then I would have voiced my thoughts. I am concerned about her, yes, but if I didn't, then how would I show I cared about her?" Elrond was grim. "No, the reason I summoned you was to tell you that I sent Narluin to Lothlorien with a message for Celeborn and Galadriel. I thought you would want to accompany her, or at least know where she was at. You may go with her and know what the business is all about when Galadriel tells her for Narluin knows not what anything is about. It is a grim thing, but one I do not want to risk exposure at this moment. It will all be made clear in time."
Elrond dismissed Lindar and remained in his chair, deep in thought.

--------------------------------------------------

Arden maintained his steady pace through the forest. It had been one day since Narluin had left, but one thing nagged at the back of her mind. She was sure someone was going to follow her one way or another, that much was certain. But who? Someone in Imladris was sure to want to know what was going on, and after her meeting with Galadriel, the person would corner her. Elrond was secretive, yes, but others were just as furtive. But for the time being, Narluin continued on her journey, ever alert for any of the enemy.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2007 11:21
Lindar listened intently, then left when he was dismissed.
Lindar raced to the stables and got his horse ready in a flash.
"Come on boy, we have to catch up to Narluin." Lindar said.

Lindar jumped on the horse bareback and raced out of the stables, and nearly ran over Bragolan.
"Now where are you off to in such a hurry?" Bragolan asked.
"No time to talk, I have to catch up to Narluin!" Lindar said as he spurred Darkfire to a gallop.

Bragolan watched as his brother disappeared.
"Hmm, I wonder what this is all about." Bragolan wondered aloud, but he decided that it must have been private business. He might speak with Lord Elrond about it later.

Lindar raced as fast as he could, determind to catch up to Narluin before she got into trouble or something.
"Please be safe Narluin." Lindar whispered.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2007 12:58
Mirelwen pushed the healers away from her, her eyes were filled with fear as an animal in the wild that is cornered. The tried to comfort her and put her to ease, but she pushed past all of them and ran. She ran hard for the gardens, looking for a pplace to hide.

She saw Bregolan and quickly went the othr way, not wishing for anyone to see her and tell the healers where she was headed. HEr feet swept nimbly over the grass and she ignored the protests of Legolas, Elladan, Elrohir, and Arnarel as she passed the trio. She ran on until she reached her destination. She collapsed at the foot of a tree, too spent to go any further.

HEr sides heaved and a cold sweat broke out on her brow. She gasped for air and laid there, her chest heaving. She prayed to the Valar that no one would find her yet, until she could get over her fear of people touching her wishing to "heal her". She remembered the orcs words when they wanted to heal her and she shuddered, recalling their treatment of her. she shivered there on the ground, pulling her claok around her for comfort.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 04, 2007 11:13
Arden, after galloping hard for most of the afternoon on the narrow trail that wound its way through the forest, broke through the edge of the trees, and ahead of the pair loomed the craggy peaks of the Misty Mountains. Narluin halted her horse and dismounted, determined to make it through the range in at the most four days. But tonight she decided they would rest, for it would be a long few days, and their strength was needed.

Laying out a blanket on the ground, Narluin set out her cloak to dry. It had been raining earlier that morning, but now, with the sun at its height for the day, the weather had turned fair. Slate grey clouds still scudded across the sky, pushed by a hefty wind, but at least it wasn't cold.

The rest of the day passed uneventfully for the elf, and as night approached, she took flint to tinder and lit a fire. Narluin sheltered it in the lee of an oak tree to prevent its detection from a distance. Arden grazed nearby, and Narluin sat near the fire, listening as the night birds began to sing and the other nocturnal creatures as well, and waiting for any telltale sign that she would have a visitor.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2007 11:30
Lindar galloped for a very long time, but he could tell that Darkfire would give out soon, so he slowed down to find somewhere to rest.
Then he heard something, the crackle of a fire. He wondered if it was Narluin, or maybe another person camped for the night.

Lindar dismounted and slowly approached the area where he heard the fire. When he was about to walk in he suddenly felt a sword at his throat.
He looked over without turning his head and saw Narluin.
"Well, looks like you caught me off guard Narluin." Lindar said with a smile.
"I'm only glad that it's you and not someone else." Lindar said, then he whistled for Darkfire and the horse trotted over.

"Lord Elrond told me where you were heading, I've come to help you on your way." Lindar said.
Then he sat down beside the fire. "Do you mind?" Lindar asked with a smile, he pushed a strand of his black hair out of his face.
-----
Bragolan was still wondering why his brother had left in such a hurry when he heard the sound of heavy breathing.
Bragolan followed the sound until he found Mirelwen, she had her cloak wrapped around her tightly and she seemed to be asleep.

Bragolan knelt beside her, he tried to look at her wounds without her waking. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breathe when he saw how bad they were.
Then he decided that if she wouldn't trust anyone else she might trust him.

He didn't have any healing herbs with him but he knew where he could get some, so he stood and walked away quietly so he wouldn't disturb her and went to find the healers.

"I need some healing herbs, and fast." Bragolan said.
"Why? You don't seem wounded." The healer asked, eyeing him suspiciously.
"My friend is hurt badly, I really need some of your herbs." Bragolan said.
The healer gave in and handed him three pouches of different herbs. "Thank you." Bragolan said, then he rushed out.

When he came back to where Mirelwen was he knelt beside her again and opened her cloak so that he could see the wounds better. He knew she would wake, but he hoped she would not try to run.
"Estelio nin." Bragolan whispered to her.
Then he slowly began using the herbs to heal her wounds.

(Estelio nin means trust me in Sindarin)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 04, 2007 11:53
Narluin sighed in relief that it was Lindar who had been there and not someone else. She sheathed Arinya and replied, "I mind not if you accompany me. To tell you the truth, it is good to have company, especially you." A smile lit her face, but then darkness flickered across it. "I'm sorry. I have an apprehension about this journey. And I don't suppose my uncle enlightened you any more than he did me?" Narluin bit her lip and unplaited her hair, letting it fall around her shoulders.

"Anyway," Narluin continued, resuming her seat around the fire, "it is late, and we should rest. I doubt I shall sleep, however. This night is too restless for me. But if you want to sleep,"-she glanced over at Lindar-"I will watch over you." It was nice to have Lindar with her. There was a feeling of love for him that overwhelmed her that it was all she could do not to take his hand right now. He was always there for her but still respected Bragolan, and she was content with that.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2007 01:20
Mirelwen woke with a gasp and tried to fight Bregolan off and run, but he held her still. Her eyes widened in fear as she recalled many nights where things had started this way, but ended very differently.

"Please," she begged brokenly," please do not hurt me anymore. I will give in, I will submit, just do not harm me any longer." She sobbed quietly and brokenly, her body shaking from the sobs.

Her head hung and she covered her face with her hands, not wishing to look if they were going to hurt her. Then two words entered her concience. Estelio nin. She was pulled out of the past briefly and into the present, she realized that she was no longer in Mordor, but she still sobbed from the horrible memories of being trapped there for so long.

Her ice blue eyes darkened with memories and she heard the whips again, felt their sting, heard the whispers in her ear of threats to keep her from runnning. SHe shook her head and her body shook hadrer now, but from fear and pain, as well as queit broken sobs.

She looked up with fear and pain filled ice blue eyes into Bregolan's face, then lowered it again and tried to still her shaking body and to quiet her sobs. SHe put her arms around herself, trying to keep the bone numbing cold she felt upon her heart and all over her.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2007 01:43
Lindar shook his head. "I fear that I can't sleep either." Lindar said, then he took her hand and smiled. "I wouldn't dare leave you to watch over me anyway. I would rather it be the other way around. I'm here to watch over you." Lindar brushed a strand of her hair behind her pointed ear.

"I'm afriad your uncle told me nothing about the adventure really." Lindar said. "but i'm glad he gave me a reason to be with you."

Then he laid down and looked up at the stars.
"The stars are very bright tonight. I have always loved a starry night." Lindar said as he stared up at the dark sky.
-----
Bragolan was surprised when Mirelwen asked him to stop hurting her and then began weeping.
"Calm down Mirelwen. I would never hurt you. I am only here to help you." Bragolan said, he wondered what could make one so afraid of being healed. He had never found out much about Mirelwen and he was never curious, but now he was.

Bragolan watched her as she wept and he saw the fear and pain on her face. He cupped his hand under her chin so that she would look at him. His deep brown eyes looked concerned, he hadn't known her for long but ha hated seeing pain more than anything.
"What happened to you Mirelwen? If it is too hard to answer you don't have to, but I am here to listen to you sorrows, if you wish." Bragolan said.

He continued to try and heal her worst wounds, but still she sobbed so hard that he feared he might harm her, but he was very good with herbs now and he had a gentle touch so he hoped she would be alright and trust him.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2007 01:06
Mirelwen swallowed hard and rubbed her wrists gently, then looked up into Bregolan's face, her eyes full of tears and hurt.

"As you may or may not know, I was captured by orcs while south on buisiness. They took me to Mordor where I was sold as a slave to them and they did whatever they wished with me. I was constantly beat more since they delighted in trying to make me sound out as the others did, but I resisted until at one time they uttered things so horrible to me that I dare not repeat what they told me.

I shall say only this; they said they would torture me more and with new weapons then hand me over to the men they had in service, allowing them to do as they pleased.

Unfortunately they did not count on my strength and I killed them off, but then was sent to Harad and from there it was much of the same, only some of the men frequently harassed me and tried to do things, but their leader would not allow it, for which I am suprisingly thankful," she said listlessly.

Her gaze was distant and filled with pain and hurt at the memories of her imprisionment and treatment. She recalled some of the orc's words whispered into her ear and the feeling of their breath on it and she shuddered with fear.

"I only wish that I could forget those years of tourment, but it shall never be. Nay, It will never be so. For those thoughts and memories shall be burned forever into my mind and concience. I cannot fall asleep hardly at night for fear of the dreams and memories that come back and haunt me until the blessed sun rises and chases them away into the fleeing night.

Only then can I sleep and tis a brief rest for even then I am constantly plagued by these, thoughts. I have told naught to anyone of this and I would advise you to do the same for my well being, I could not bear it if another knew what I just told you. I trust you with this secret, and you must keep it.

My father, friends, nor Lord Elrond shall ever know of what happened to me there, else I be locked away like some treasure, never to see the ewaking world again in my life unless it be a trip to the Grey Havens for my departing," she whispered bitterly and with pain evident in every word.

She sighed and slumped forward, being tired from all of these recent events. She tried to right herslef and stand, but her legs did not support her and limbs refused so she tumbled to the ground. She breathed in deeply and cursed under her breath, slowly and steadily in Elvish.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 13, 2007 09:54
Narluin laid back on the soft grass and let her eyes travel up to the sky. There were indeed many stars, clusters of the silvery dots scattered across the ebony horizon like a painting. She sighed contentedly and remarked to Lindar, "Do you ever wonder how the stars came into the sky? There are so many. It is little wonder our kind have such a fascination with them." She looked over at her betrothed, and a prickle of apprehension streaked through her.

Arden raised his head from grazing as he sensed his mistress tense up. He whinnied softly and came over to her, nudging her. She stroked his neck and whispered, "I am fine." But her thoughts were otherwise. Narluin didn't understand why her instincts were on edge about Lindar, but he wasn't to know that. Instead, she said, "I am glad also that you are here with me."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2007 10:09
Lindar smiled at her, he leaned closer to her and kissed her on her lips. Then he sat back up and smiled at her.
"I'm glad too." He whispered. Then he sighed and laid down, he covered himself with his cloak as the wind would whip by and it was a little chilly.

He couldn't wait for tomorrow, they would get to go to Lorien, and this would be the first time Lindar would return since his captivity with the Easterlings.
A shiver when down Lindar's spine. For the first time in so long he was thinking about the pain he had gone through, and he remembered all the scars on his back from the whippings he'd received.

Lindar rolled over, he didn't want to think about this, not when he was happy and to be married. He looked at Narluin, she was so beautiful and it made his heart stop racing and he relaxed and fell asleep.
------
Bragolan nodded and listened to all she said, it made him very sad and reminded him of his brother, but his brother no longer lived in the past.
"I will keep your secret Mirelwen, but I will need to help you as best I can. You can't go alone without healing." Bragolan said.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 13, 2007 10:29
Narluin watched Lindar lay back, and soon he was asleep. She could see it in the way he was breathing lightly. The fair elf knew that there was no sleep for her tonight, not with the apprehensions that crossed her mind. She couldn't get the thought out of her head that something was about to happen that concerned Lindar. Tears came to her eyes, and she wept silently, not wanting him to be hurt anymore. He had had a harder life than anyone she had known, and she could not bear to see him hurt anymore.

The next morning dawned bright and sunny. The great plain before the Misty Mountains lay before the pair of elves. The day promised to be fair, but the foreboding Narluin had overcame any feelings of joy she had.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2007 10:36
Lindar mounted his horse and smiled at Narluin.
"I hope we reach Lorien today. I have not seen it since..." Lindar's voice trailed off, he was thinking about it again.
He saw Narluin's concern and forced a smile.
"I have not seen it for so long is what I meant to say. Come, it is a beautiful day and we have a long way to go." Lindar said, he spurred Darkfire to a trot.

He looked at Narluin, something seemed to be bothering her, he wondered if she was worried about him. His heart seemed to ache again, like it had years ago. He pressed his right hand to his heart, as if trying to stop the pain.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 18, 2007 11:52
Narluin remained grave the entirety of the morning. It was sunny, but the mist that rose off the ground reduced the visibility of what lay ahead of them. Arden stepped carefully over the sodden grass, and his breath came out smokelike in the chilly morning. The elf drew her cloak about her and shivered, not with the morning but of her apprehension of Lindar. "It will be good to see my distant kin again, I suppose," she said absentmindedly. "And to find out about this mysterious foreboding my uncle had." Her tone was distant, her eyes forward with sadness in their depths. She worried, but Narluin hoped it was for no reason.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2007 09:48
Lindar and Narluin rode in silence mostly. Lindar tried to keep his thoughts off things that made him uneasy. He felt a terrible tugging at his heart, a warning. Lindar didn't understand it.
-------
By nightfall they arrived at Lorien. Lindar smiled when he saw the Golden Wood, he had missed it for so long.
They came upon some guards who asked what they were doing and Narluin explained that they had come to see Galadriel.

The two of them dismounted, but Lindar wanted to walk around, he wanted to see the things he hadn't seen for so long.
"Narluin, why don't you go to see Lady Galadriel by yourself. They really wanted to see you anyway. I want to walk around a little." Lindar said. Then he kissed her cheek and walked away.

After a long time of walking around Lindar found himself at the site of the attack, the last place he saw before he was taken away. Lindar could hear the metal clashing metal, he could hear crys and shouts. Lindar could imagine the battle before him again.

"Kill them all!" The Easterling captain shouted.
The elves battled against the terribly Easterlings, and the elves held out very well.
Then an Easterling saw Lindar, he began to fight with him and Lindar was very strong with a sword at the time, but he was also young and Bragolan and his Father were far from him.

Lindar cringed as he remembered the fight with the Easterling.
Tears slowly rolled down Lindar's cheeks.

Somehow he was caught off guard and taken captive by some of the Easterlings, the captain wanted him as a slave.
"Ada! Bragolan! Help me!" Lindar cried.
Lindar saw Bragolan trying to rush through the crowds of elves and Easterlings. "Lindar! Hold on Lindar!" Bragolan shouted.
Then everything became dark, but the sounds roared in his mind.

Then Lindar fell to his knees and began to weep. He covered his ears with his hands.
"Ada! Make it stop, I hate them! Ada, help me!" Lindar whispered hoarsely.

Then Lindar felt someone touch him, he whipped around and grabbed the persons arm, his eyes burned with anger, but then he stopped when he saw it was Narluin.
Lindar stood and embraced her, he wept quietly.
"Narluin, I keep imagining them, imagining that they are coming. I must stop. I'm sorry." Lindar said as he began to regain his composure. He wiped his tears away and stared sadly at the ground.

(I hope this is okay with you Dinenlasse. If you want me to edit anything let me know)
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2007 11:25
Mirelwen nodded in agreement to Bregolan's words. She sighed heavily and went to stand up, her limbs still not cooperating. She cursed once again, but this time in Westron, and used the tree to help her up. She leaned haevily on it, panting for breath a little. SHe cursed herslef for being weak, the orcs for being who they were, life for torturing her so, and all the times she had been hurt.

She glared stonily at the ground, her ice blue eyes flashing with anger and frustration. Her head hung for a moment, she reflected on Mordor and her time spent there. She then brought her head up in a defiant manner, her eyes flashing once again with anger and frustration.

"Bregolan, I need to ask a favor; could you send Elladan here to help me back? I cannot move, my legs nor arms wish to cooperate. I will not ask this of you, you just go and bring him here for me, I promise this shall be the last time I ask anything of you," she said softly in Elvish.

HEr eyes pleaded with him, saying what she could not. She sat back down heavily, ignoring the root that slammed into her back as she did so. She crossed her arms over her chest, watching him, making sure he would go. She planned to leave Rivendell somehow, once he had gone. She felt that she was a shame to her father, and she wished to leave and not dissapoint him. He was Glorfindel, after all.

She planned to call Bruin to her and leave from there. Rding would not be too hard, and she was accostomed to doing so for many weeks and months at a time. She made a mental note to cal for Bruin as soon as Bregolan was out of sight. She only hoped her face did not have the plotting look she tended to get when she planned things like this. She also hoped her eyes did not betray her as well, for inside she felt horrible, not wishing to live in some ways.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 19, 2007 11:47
(Don't worry, you're fine!)

Narluin just held Lindar and let him weep. He had seen too many hard things, and all that he needed was someone to be there for him. She whispered softly as he buried his head in her shoulder, "It is all right, love. Do not apologize." Her tone hardened. "You have faced more things that others have neither the heart or courage to face. Do not be afraid to weep. Tears are part of healing, and healing is what you are still doing." She stroked his hair and fell silent.

The quietness of the glade was interrupted by the sound of soft footsteps. "Narluin?" a voice asked, as gentle as the sound of bells. "What are you doing here so soon?"

Narluin looked up to see the lady Galadriel. "I have a message for you from my uncle," she replied, standing and handing the lady the scroll. "I am to be told what it is that is contained within there also. He said that I am to be made aware."

"I see," Galadriel said, taking the scroll and unrolling it. "Come with me, the both of you." She indicated Lindar on the ground as well.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2007 12:28
Bragolan nodded to Mirelwen. "I will go." Bragolan said, then he turned and walked away, he knew that she was planning something else though.

Once Bragolan was out of sight he ran and found Elladan.
"Lord Elladan, I believe Mirelwen is planning on running away, or something of that sort. Though in her current condition I do not know how she plans to do it. Can you help me persaude her to stay?" Bragolan asked.
----------
Lindar stopped crying after a little while, he felt comforted when he was holding Narluin.
Then he looked up and let Narluin go, he was surprised to see the visitor.

Lindar bowed when he saw Lady Galadriel. When she asked them both to come with her Lindar began to feel a little unsure, he thought that whatever was in that message was just for Narluin, but he was also curious and he took Narluin's hand and followed Galadriel.

Lindar looked back once at the battle site, he closed his eyes and then faced forward, he wanted to forget that part of his life, but he had a feeling it would be etched in his heart and mind forever.

Then they both stood before Galadriel, waiting to hear what was in the scroll, and for some reason there was a hint of dread in Lindar's mind.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2007 09:41
Mirelwen watched Bregolan walk away and she felt like laughig at his foolishness at leaving her. If he had only known her as long as everyone in Rivendell had, then he would have tied her to the tree and left, only after making sure she was bound tightly. She laughed coldly, her laughter holdnig no mirht at all in it. SHe stood once again and gave a shrill trill like a brid and she heard Bruin's neigh echo faintly.

"Spawn of Morgoth, too far away for riding off now. What to do? I could try and walk off, but legs are of no use, for mine do not work. What of crawling? Nay, take too long and I plan to be far from here when they return. Ah, well, Bruin, I am coming to you," she said soflty to herself.

She trie walking, grabbnig every tree in sight to keep herself upright. SHe finally came to Bruin, who reached her first at a ful lgallop. She patted his neck and mounted him.

"Ah, mellon nin, mae govannen. Good to see youn once again. We need to set a quick pace, and go soon, for Elladan and Bregolan are coming for me and I plan to be far from here. Nuro lim, Bruin, nuro lim. Take a good look, for this is the last time I plan to see these woods for many years, we are gonig to Lothlorien," she whispered to him. The stallion shook his head and gave a loud cry, his hooves digging the ground and he took off, his long legs flying, hooves pounding the ground.

They did not get far, for she saw Elladan and Bregolan ahead of her. She scowled and her face darkened, her eye glaring coldly at Elladan.

"Oh, well, I am I to stop for two unarmed Elves in one measly attempt to block me from leaving? If so, you are wrongly mistaken mellyn, for I have stood up to more than this, with no weapons myself. You two shall not stop me, I intend to leave and go to Lothlorien, Mirkwood, possibly the Grey Havens, or perhaps I shall stay some time with Aranor and Arithil. Any place is better than here, the memories are too strong my friends, as weak as I sound. Forgive me, but you must stand aside, else i do somethnig I shal lgreatly regret," she said, he voice cold and filled wit hanger.

Her eyes flashed dangerously as she stared them down with her cold, ice blue eyes. Elladan stepped up. "Mirelwen, you have friends here whom will help you, your own father would give his life for you, as well as myself, my brother, Legolas, all your friends would lay theri lives down for you, do not throw your own away so carelessly," he said calmly. Her eyes widened and her face darkened more, she dropped to the ground, holding onto Bruin for support.

"You think I am throwing my life away?! You think I enjoy the torture I live through everyday, the choice to live or allow myself to die?! I have news for you, Elladan, I have chosen to live thus far, I think my actions are reasonable and I can judge for myself my actions rash or folly. I do not need another protector, what I need is a friend! I do intend on leaving, but I only wished for a short leave of my duties here, so that is why I leave. I am tired of you always following me around, wishing to protect me from every little thnig! I have done a decent job thus far, despite what you might think. Before I was captured, I took close to fifty orcs out on my *own*, no help. That is a good accomplishment, and if I get tortured, beaten, and treated in other ways I shal lnot speak of, then so be it! As long as I can go on killing the cursed creatures, I will be fine," she said coldly.

HEr voice rose with each word, but she was whispering with rage when she finished. Elladan stepped up and did somethnig that caught her off guard: he pulled her into a warm embrace. She stiffened from his touch, her body rigid.

"Mellon, you went through much, but all I ask is that you not take it out on friends alright? We are here to help you, in any ay possible. Do not forget this, please, for it shal lbe your distruction. Do not try and disagree, for we both know it is true," he said wryly.

She smiled faintly and pulled away, mounting Bruin. Elladan walekd beside her and they made their way back to Rivendell. SHe stopped Bruin though and walekd along side Elladan and Bregolan, wishing she would quit living in the past.

[Edited on 23/4/2007 by Elfalas]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2007 03:18
Bain was following behind bruin and the elleth.

She knew the female would wish to leave. She hoped that it could be delayed long enough to allow her to gain some strength.

Bain spoke softly, "when you are ready to leave, I will accompany, you as a friend and together we will take out even more orcs this time, if the need arises."

Bain was not going to tell this elleth of her other abilities. She seam deterimined to push away healers.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 23, 2007 10:41
Narluin, still holding Lindar's hand, followed Galadriel to her arboreal dwelling. The wind blew softly through the forest, rustling the leaves and creating a soothing effect. Had she not been there on serious business, Narluin would have been calmed. But now, her nerves were on end.

Galadriel unrolled the scroll, and her blue eyes skimmed the writing slowly. No emotion showed on her serene face except that she seemed to grow more grave. "There really is no other way to say this, my friends. Middle-Earth is in danger yet again, but we are not sure to what extent. The danger resides in Moria, and it seems to consist of orcs, goblins, and other foes. Their leader is not known nor much else. I would tell you to return to your uncle and question him further. There are some things in here that only concern me," the elf-lady said grimly.

Narluin nodded, knowing not to argue. "Very well. Is there anything else, hiril nin?" she asked, her crystal eyes filled with sorrow. She tightened her grip on Lindar's hand unconsciously and waited to hear what he had to say before taking her leave from the elven lady.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2007 11:35
Lindar watched in silence, more evil was rising. Lindar began to tremble without realizing it. He closed his eyes and tried to calm himself but for some reason his mind was telling him that the enemies would come and destroy everyone.

Then Lindar felt Narluin squeeze his hand and he took a deep breathe. "Is that all you have to say to us my Lady. I think I must go and rest, unless you have more to say." Lindar said.
Lady Galadriel excused them and Lindar quickly walked away, he let go of Narluin's hand.

Calm down Lindar. You made a fool of yourself before Lady Galadriel! Lindar thought. He leaned against a tree and took deep breathes. He could see that Narluin was concerned but he smiled at her.
"I am alright meleth nin. I just needed some air, all this traveling has made me weary." Lindar tried to assure her, even though he knew she wouldn't believe him.

"What will we do about those enemies. What if they attack? Will we return to Rivendell soon and help them protect or stay here?" Lindar asked, all these questions flooding into his mind at once.
Then he sat on the ground. "I'm sorry Narluin. I have become such a fearful person now. I wonder if I will still be able to fight the enemies." Lindar whispered sadly.

Then he looked at Narluin. "I overheard Lord Elrond speaking with you about me. Do you also fear that I may go back into my madness? I know that I do, I would hate to become an enemy again, but I fear that the darkness creeps ever closer to me, and wants to take me back." Lindar said, then he covered his face with his hands.

When Narluin tried to touch him he pushed her back.
"Leave me be! I need to be alone, I hate looking like a fool!" Lindar shouted angrily, then he ran farther away from her, but not too far. Then he fell down and sat quietly, he had just lashed out at someone he loved. "I am the enemy." Lindar whispered, he felt like a time bomb that could go off at anytime.

(He is starting his relapse, so be prepared for a little bit of craziness)
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 24, 2007 11:17
Narluin bit her lip in anxiety as she watched Lindar. "If you want the truth, I feel that you will relapse. But to the extent, I know not. But, Lindar, I am here for you, regardless if you lash out at me. Just remember I might not always be around you, though, should something of your nature return. Others might see it as madness, and I can offer no words of comfort for when that happens. For happen it will, of that I am certain." She continued to gaze steadily at Lindar, not knowing what he would do. He was becoming unpredictable.

Touching the sapphire of her sword Arinya, she left Lindar, her steps taking her along a well-worn path. Tears began to slide silently down her face. The agony of losing her parents began to take a toll on her. A shuffling of hooves behind alerted her to the presence of Arden.

Grasping the stallion's grey mane, Narluin mounted Arden and nudged him down the trail at a slow walk. She would let Lindar to himself and hope that he would soon become himself again.

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2007 03:28
Lindar sat alone for a while, he didn't get up until the stars had come out. He had to push back this feeling, he wouldn't let it take over him.
"I won't relapse like everyone thinks. I'm stronger than that." Lindar said, then he rose and went to find Narluin.

When he found her he was upset to see that he had hurt her feelings. "Narluin, I am not going to let myself relapse. I am going to be strong for you, and everyone else. If you have changed your mind about me, about marriage, then I understand." Lindar said, he hated to say those words but he wanted her to make the decision.

"I don't want to be loved out of pity." Lindar whispered sadly.
-------
Bragolan smiled when he saw Mirelwen was going to stay. He thought she was a very strong and amazing person, Mirelwen reminded him of Lindar.

Then Bragolan paused, he wondered how his brother was doing. "I hope they made it to Lorien safely." Bragolan whispered, but he had heard no ill news from them so he figured they would be fine.

[Edited on 25/4/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 30, 2007 11:54
Narluin gazed at Lindar steadily through her tears. "I love you not out of pity nor will I renounce our betrothal. But I do not trust that you will not relapse. Rather be cautious than not. Then we won't be surprised." Her tone hardened. "But, if you are too proud to think that you will not relapse, then perhaps you are not as wise as I know you to be. I say this not to harm you, I say it because it is the truth. Do you think I ever intended to hurt you? I have been with you through the worst, and I will not turn on you now."

Her eyes turned to the starry horizon above her. A cold wind blew through the trees, and the elf shivered slightly. Drying her eyes, Narluin sighed heavily. "Come," she told Lindar softly, mounting Arden, "we should leave here soon and seek better shelter."
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2007 12:24
Mirelwen walked along silently, brooding and dee pin thought. A branch cracked under Bruin's hoof and she jumped, nearly falling over. It had startled her severly and she shook slightly with uneasiness. She looked over at Elladan and gave him a weak smile.

"I suppose I am still a bit shaky from all that happened to me in Mordor," she said softly. Her eyes were icy and cold, but filled with anger and fear. He smiled sadly and turned to Brgolan.

"Well my friend, I think I may leave you to escort her back, I have some pressing matters to attend to. I left my brother and Legolas in the midst of a rivalry, and I am afraid it may go ill, those two are chidlish at times," he said, shaking his head in mock dissapointment. Mirelwen turned to him.

"Elladan do not even think of going serious now, you also are like them. Always starting some sore of competition. On more than one occasion I had to stop all of you from bashing your heads off," she remarked sarcastically. He glared, but then smiled and laughed. He walked on ahead, leaving the two.

"You realize he had no matters, he did not wish to be the one bringing me home injured once again. He has had his share of those lectures, but worry not, I shal ltell father that you found me hiding from the healers, which is very true. They hover over you at all times, I barely have privacy when in their care," she said dryly, laughnig mechanically.

Her eyes were empty of emotion, as was her face. She turned to Bregolan, intending on asking him a question.

"Bregolan, why did you help me? I barely know you, yet you helped me, why? And you also offered to keep my secret, and did not tell Elladan, I thank you for that. I will tell none I think, it is far too painful. when I close my eyes to sleep, or even rest, all those memories flood into my head, and I feel as if I am suffocating once again," she remarked quietly, her face unchanging, her eyes still haunted and empty.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2007 02:18
Bragolan smiled at Mirelwen. "You remind me much of my brother, Lindar. He was captive in a Easterling camp for many years. He was tortured and he was mad for a while, he almost..." Bragolan stopped, he didn't want to talk about that time.

"I helped you because I hate seeing someone going through such hurt." Bragolan said with a smile.
-------
Lindar frowned, he knew that it was folly for him to try and stop it, it would probably happen.
"I'm sorry Narluin, I just don't want to hurt you." Lindar whispered.

Then he mounted his horse and followed Narluin. If he hurt Narluin when he relapsed, he would probably kill himself.
Then Lindar spurred his horse to a gallop and took the lead, he wished his fears could blow away with the wind, but that was impossible.
---------
The next morning they were on their way to Rivendell, they were getting close to, they had traveled very far.
Then as they rode they saw an Elven traveler on the road ahead of them.
Lindar spurred his horse to a trot and came beside the lone traveler.

"Hello friend, do you need help?" Lindar asked, he smiled.
When the elf turned to look at him Lindar's smile disappeared.
The elf before him was Rauron, the elf that had been the guard in Mirkwood and he was the one that had almost killed him and had called him all those names.

Lindar's dark eyes almost looked black. He jumped down from his horse and pulled out his sword.
"You scum! You came back to finish the fight." Lindar said, his voice did not sound like his own.

Rauron was surprised by this sudden attack, he pulled out his sword quickly and looked hard at Lindar, then recognized that this elf that was going to fight him was the one that sent him from Mirkwood.

"Thats right, I never got to finish with you, Easterling spawn." Rauron said, he grinned evilly.
"I'll kill you this time, you won't walk away from this!" Lindar shouted, then he lunged.

(I thought it should begin now, the relapse,)

[Edited on 27/7/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2007 09:38
Mirelwen stopped, turning to face Bregolan. She surveyed him evenly with her cold, empty eyes, then nodded, seeming satisfied with his response. She then turned back to the path, focusing on walking by Bruin, although he was bearing most of her weight, which was not much. She sighed nad closed her eyes briefly, then reopened them.

She heard Elladan yelling at Legolas, his voice carrying far. She laughed humorlessly, then turned to Bruin.

"Ai, mellon nin, you would think they would learn, after all these years living," she said softly. Bruin snorted in agreement, nodding his head up and down. She laughed again and patted his neck. They then heard Elrohir yelling at Legolas and Elladan. Mirelwen turned to Brgolan.

"You, you, I- you will pay for this, Legolas, and you Elladan! These were the best books father had in his library, and look what you have done!," they heard him yell. Mirelwen turned to Bregolan, her face full of knowing and mischief.

"Bregolan, trust me, you do not wish to go back at the moment, trust me. If what I have heard is true and they did do something to Lord ELrond's books, it shall be worse than dying a thousand slow, painfilled deaths. Come, we can go this way,"

she said, pointing to a grownover path. She turned Bruin to the path and mounted his back, waiting for Bregolan to come along with her. Bruin pranced around a bit, eager to go down to his favourite spot in all of Rivendell.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 01, 2007 11:30
(Like the idea!)

Narluin felt a surge of horror as she witnessed her worst fear played out in front of her. "Lindar! No!" she cried, throwing herself from Arden's back. Withdrawing Arinya, the elf rushed to place herself between the flashed blades.

"Enough!" Narluin said harshly, locking blades with the one who raised his blade to strike at Lindar. "There is no reason for this!" Flicking Arinya upward, she disarmed the elf and caught his sword.

Turning to Lindar, she tried to reason with him. Blue eyes pleading but her tone equally hard, she confronted him. "I told you this would happen, but I know not if you are in your right mind to listen to me."

Narluin peered hard into his eyes, trying to discern his thoughts. Then, Lindar shoved her away from him with a curse and continued to lunge at the other elf. Narluin fell heavily to the ground, unable to comprehend what he had done. She had never thought that he would relapse this bad.

Throwing the elf's sword on the ground, Narluin mounted Arden and spurred him away from the encounter, knowing full well that there was no way she could get to Lindar without help.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2007 02:46
Lindar didn't understand why Narluin had stepped in his way, he hadn't seen Narluin he had seen someone in his way.
Then Lindar lunged at Rauron, Rauron scrambled back, then grabbed his sword and blocked Lindar's blow.

"You will die for offending me!" Lindar shouted.
Rauron's eyes were wide with fear. "But that was so long ago, I'm sorry! Please don't kill me!" Rauron begged.
"Nothing can change what you did!" Lindar shouted, he struck again.
-----
As Bragolan walked along he heard the sound of hoofbeats.
"Narluin?" Bragolan whispered, then he raced over to her.
"Narluin! Where is Lindar?" Bragolan asked, his voice full of concern.

After she explained Bragolan ran to the stables and found his horse, he mounted bareback and rode out to her.
"Take me to him." Bragolan said, then he followed her.
But then he turned back to Mirelwen. "Come with me, you might be able to help." Bragolan said, then he galloped away.
----
When they came to where the two were fighting it was obvious that Rauron was losing and getting weaker.
When Rauron saw the other riders he raced over to them for protection. "Help me! He's gone mad!" Rauron shouted.

Bragolan unsheathed his sword, he knew he would not be able to stop Lindar if he did not wield a sword, but he would not harm him.
"Lindar, stop this madness. It;s me, Bragolan." Bragolan said, he slowly approached.

"No one can stop me, I'm going to kill him!" Lindar said, he glared at Rauron.
"No Lindar, you can't kill him. It would be unjust." Bragolan said calmly.
"Unjust! He has made fun of me for too long." Lindar said.

Bragolan stood in front of Lindar, not letting him by.
"Don't force me to kill you." Lindar said.
"You will not kill me." Bragolan said, he kept his eyes on Lindar.
"you underestimate me!" Lindar shouted, then he struck at Bragolan.

Bragolan blocked the blow but did not engage in fighting.
"You are mocking me!" Lindar shouted, his fury unleashed.
"You aren't my brother, my brother will not fight unnecessarily." Bragolan said, still calm.

"Get out of my way!" Lindar shouted angrily, then he shoved Bragolan back and struck at Narluin, missing by an inch.
Bragolan turned and hit Lindar on the back of his head, he fell unconscious.

"I'm sorry, this is the only way I'll get him back to Rivendell safely. Are you alright Narluin?" Bragolan asked. He lifted his unconscious brother and put him on his horse, getting ready to go back.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2007 09:02
Mirelwen nodded and took off behind the two on Buin, but she reached there slightly ahead of them. She waited for them to catch up and then she dismounted, allowing them to pass. She saw Bregolan knock his brother unconscious. Mirelwen saw that the other Elf was trying to slink away unoticed, and Mirelwen went to him on horseback, for her legs still did not support her as they should.

Bruin stepped in front of the Elf, blocking his path. She looked down at him, studying his face and taking everything in about him. HEr ice blue eyes were hard as she gazed at him, he looked innocent enough in the face, but she knew what to look for. He would not look her in the eye and they held a look that was not of one totally innocent in the events. Mirelwen turned around to face Bregolan and Narluin.

"Shall I take him along with us as well? His face tells of innocence, but his eyes say otherwise," she said somewhat cryptically.

She turned back to face the Elf, Bruin still blocking his path. The horse snorted and pawed the earth impatiently, eager to get Mirelwen back to Rivendell where she would hopefully rest and not keep doing such things. The horse could feel the strain comnig from her where her body was so tired and pushed from her exertions.

Mirelwen felt dizzy and her vision swam. SHe blinked and nearly fell off of Bruin, but the horse shifted to keep her staedy. She murmured thanks to him and waited for an answer.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 03, 2007 11:35
Narluin gazed tiredly at Bragolan. "I am fine," she said, her thoughts clearly elsewhere. But her mood changed as she faced the other elf. Her crystal eyes blazed hatred as she addressed him icily, "There is nowhere that you are going other than straight to Imladris and explain yourself to Lord Elrond." She took the rope that held her haversack to Arden's saddle and bound the elf with it.

"Mount up," she commanded him harshly. The elf did so, with help from Narluin. Arden whickered gently and nudged Narluin with his nose. "I pray we will arrive home soon, boy, but for how long we will be there, I know not."

Her temper spent for now, the elf turned to Mirelwen, who was looking tired and not at all well. Narluin glanced at Bragolan and said in a calmer voice, "I think we should travel as long as the sun is out, but once night settles, we should rest. We are all exhausted, and we need to decide what is going to happen once we reach Imladris." Especially for Lindar, she added to herself.

And so the unhappy party set off, Bragolan in front with the unconscious Lindar, Mirelwen in the middle, and Narluin in back with the captive elf for the dual purpose of keeping alert for enemies as well as watching Mirelwen. She only hoped that disaster would not strike.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2007 04:43
Bain stepped up to the side of Mirelwen and her horse. She reached up and ehlped to stabelize the elleth.

Bain nodded. "I agree this one is not fully innocent. As he looks. Why I can not tell."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2007 07:46
Rauron would have argued but he had no choice and he followed the commands of Narluin. "I should have known better than to fight with a mad man." Rauron grumbled.
------
They rode until the sun sunk behind the mountains. Bragolan dismounted and laid Lindar on the ground, he was starting to wake.
"What happened to cause this?" Bragolan asked when they were all settled.

Then Lindar opened his eyes, he felt suddenly scared and he turned and looked to see his friends and brother nearby, and Narluin his love.

Then Lindar's eyes caught the presence of another. Rauron, his enemy. Lindar jumped to his feet with his dagger, but Bragolan grabbed Lindar's arm and yanked him back down.

"Lindar, haven't you had enough violence? Sit down and rest for the night." Bragolan said firmly.
Lindar glared at Bragolan. "You let the enemy sit near us? You are an idiot to do so." Lindar said in a low menacing voice.

"He is not the enemy. He may be doing evil to you but he has not harmed you."
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 04, 2007 11:00
Narluin had been sitting in the shadows while Bragolan and Lindar were talking. "If you think Rauron is an enemy, then perhaps you should reconsider your idea of violent. Of course he has antagonized you, but he is young, far younger than any elf with common sense. But you," Narluin's eyes grew sad. "you are not that young. I believe you are older than me. Put aside your anger, and learn to forgive. And if not, then perhaps there is another side of you I have yet to see." Feeling more hurt than she had ever felt before, Narluin turned away from Lindar.

The night passed on peacefully though the fair elf kept away from Lindar. She felt that he was still not in his right mind, and she did not want to push things further. There was a stirring in her heart that had nothing to do with the impending danger. This restlessness kept her up all night, and when the sun began to break through the ebony horizon of night, Narluin sat in a tree, her blue eyes watching for anything out of the ordinary. She refused to look at Lindar; doing so might cause her heart to break.
<< First7891011
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email