Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First7891011
Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Sapphire Skies Among the Darkness. (Everyone Welcome!!)
on: May 04, 2007 01:26
Lindar listened to Narluin, her words hurt his heart because he could hear the pain in her voice. Lindar laid down silently, his eyes staring into space, he looked afraid.

Bragolan sighed, he was exhausted and now he would have to watch Lindar all the time, until the madness passed him.
As Lindar lay he fell asleep, and ill dreams followed.

Lindar was standing in the darkness. He could hear Easterlings and could see their fiery torches as they chased him. Lindar began running down the hillside and then ran into someone.

Lindar pushed and tried to get away from the person but he held Lindar. "You will get what you deserve, you lose this time." Lindar gasped when he saw Rauron's face, then he went into a rage.

The Easterling's began to close in on them. "No! You will not kill me, I will destroy you!" Lindar shouted.

Lindar thrashed around, Bragolan stepped over and held Lindar's arms down, trying to calm him without hurting him.
"Lindar, stop right now." Bragolan ordered, it went unheeded.

Then Lindar's eyes opened, they looked black, fury indescribable was inside them. "Get off of me!" Lindar shouted.
Lindar pushed Bragolan back then he jumped to his feet and lunged at Rauron.

Rauron cried loudly and jumped out of the way, but Lindar grabbed him by the back of his tunic and the two began rolling around fighting.

Bragolan was back on his feet and he rushed over to stop the fight, but Lindar would kick him back or do something to keep him away.

Then Lindar noticed a dagger in his reach. Lindar grabbed it and stabbed Rauron in the chest. "You were wrong, yuo will not take me back to them." Lindar said in a menacing voice.

Rauron gasped, his eyes widened, but his pain did not last long.
He died in moments from the death blow.
Bragolan stared in shock at what his brother had done. He had actually killed someone this time. Bragolan pulled Lindar away from Rauron and pulled the dagger from his hand.

"Lindar, do you realize what you just did!? You killed an elf! One that had done nothing to you but call you names!" Bragolan paused, tears rolled down his cheeks. "I don't know you anymore. I don't even think I can help you." Bragolan whispered. Then he walked away from the campsite, he couldn't stand to watch his brother anymore.

Bragolan's words hit Lindar like a ton of bricks. He then realized what he had just done and began to weep.
Lindar looked down at his hands, they were stained with the blood of the young elf. Then Lindar looked over at Rauron, even though he was dead his face showed pain still.

"What have I done?" Lindar whispered, then he fell down and wept.
------
After weeping for a short time he stood and lifted Rauron.
Lindar carried Rauron to a shady tree and buried him under the tree. He sat there staring at the grave for a long time, wondering what other things he might do.

"I cannot marry Narluin, I don't want to hurt you anymore. Leave me, and remember me the way I am now." Lindar whispered, he could feel that she was behind him.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2007 03:14
Mirelwen stood, and jumped to Bregolan's side when Lindar stabbed the Elf. She gasped, feeling odd. She took a step back, shaking her head. She had felt in the same manner as he had, but it had never driven her to killing.

"Oh, Lindar, friend, let go of the past, it shall consume you like it has me," she whispered to him as words of parting. SHe turned and called for Bruin, who trotted to her side. Mirelwn mounted him and she rode after Bregolan.

"Bregolan, mellon nin, im naer, it is awful for such a thing to happen. I know, my past has consumed me before, but i refused ot let it do so. Do not give up on your brother, it may pass. I am truely sorry, my friend, I know not what to say to you to comfort," she whispered softly, tears running down her cheeks as well.

SHe had not cried in many years and was shocked to feel the tears. "Ai, I forgot that sadness brings tears, for I have not cried in many years," she said quietly. Mirelwen then turned Bruin and they set off for Rivendell at a slow walk, barely moving.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 07, 2007 11:36
Aghast at what had just happened in front of her eyes, Narluin stood rooted to where she was standing. It was not anger that paralyzed her, it was surprise. "It is not within my character to hate, Lindar, but to forgive, for the most part. There are some things I will not forgive, but it is only to those who are my enemies, not my dearest friends. And no matter what happens, you are one of those." Her voice was soft without the merest hint of malice.

"But," she continued, her tone more serious, "it is not up to me whether or not we are to wed. That is your choice. I do not commend you for killing the elf, for it was yourself that did the deed, but I am willing to set aside it because you were not in your right mind. I want you to think this over for a while before you give me an answer. When you are ready to talk to me, I shall be in Imladris. I advise you to follow at your own pace."

With this, Narluin mounted Arden and kicked the elven horse into a gallop. He responded instantly and lurched off into the forest, where she overtook Bragolan and Mirelwen. She halted him and said pointedly to Bragolan, "I have spoken with Lindar, but to be perfectly honest, I know not what he will think of it."
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2007 12:06
Bragolan looked sadly at Mirelwen and Narluin.
"What can I do? I have tried so hard to help him and nothing comes of it. He must make his own decisions now." Bragolan said. Then he mounted his own horse and turned to leave, but something inside him told him to go back to Lindar.

Bragolan sighed. "I must return to him. I can't leave him alone, not when I might be able to help still." Bragolan said, even though he barely believed his own words.

Bragolan gave Aranon a squeeze and the horse took off back to the camp.

When he arrived he saw Lindar standing, he was holding something in his hand.

"No Lindar!" Bragolan shouted as he rushed over.

Bragolan slapped a dagger out of Lindar's hand and gripped his shoulders roughly.
"Stop this! You are being exactly what you hate! I don't know if you understand what I am saying to you but I love you Lindar and won't let any harm come to you." Bragolan said. Tears began to roll down his cheeks.

Lindar couldn't understand why Bragolan had stopped him. If he had been able to drive the dagger through his heart he wouldn't be a curse to anyone anymore.
"But I have caused nothing but trouble. How can you still love me?" Lindar asked.

Bragolan was surprised by this question. "You are my brother, Lindar. You are more important to me than anything I've ever owned. I don't care what you have done, wrong as it may have been. I am here to help you and I want you to overcome this madness that you have slipped into." Bragolan said.

Lindar took all his words in slowly. Tears formed in his eyes and he embraced his brother and wept. After a moment he pulled away and wiped his tears.
"I do not think Narluin loves me anymore, and if she does I don't think she should. I don't want to hurt her." Lindar said sadly.

"She loves you very much Lindar, she is just very worried and unsure right now. Don't give up on her yet, I believe you two will be wed sooner than you imagine. I want you to have happiness Lindar." Bragolan said with a smile.

Lindar smirked. "Come you can ride with me to Rivendell. I will not let you out of my sight anymore." Bragolan said, then they both mounted Aranon.

Then a question came into Lindar's mind. "Why is it that you never married Bragolan?" Lindar asked.
Bragolan laughed. "Oh, I don't know. I guess I never found the right maiden." Bragolan said.

Lindar looked away, back at Rauron's grave. He shivered, then he felt angry but he couldn't understand why.
"I don't want to go to Imladris." Lindar said as he dismounted.

Bragolan was surprised by this. "Why not?"
Lindar felt a mix of feelings, he didn't want Elrond to tell him that he was crazy when he went back to Rivendell but he wanted to go to be with his brother and Narluin.

"I have my own reasons. I wish to make my own way there so that I will have time to think." Lindar said.
Bragolan was concerned. "I'll stay with you then." Bragolan said.

"No! Leave me alone!" Lindar said angrily.
Bragolan couldn't understand, hadn't they just decided to return to Rivendell?
"Lindar I can't leave you when you are like this." Bragolan said firmly.

"Like what? Like a mad man?" Lindar shouted. Then he realized who he was shouting to and fell down on his knees, suddenly weak.
"Just leave me." He whispered.

Bragolan jumped down and lifted Lindar onto Aranon. Lindar didn't struggle anymore. Then Bragolan mounted and kicked Aranon to a gallop and they raced back to Rivendell
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2007 12:36
Mirelwen listened to the brothers argue, then she saw Bregolan come through with Lindar on his horse.

"May I ask one thing? Lindar, do you fear your past?," she asked him quietly, her eyes steadily gazing at him, her ice blue eyes trained on him.

"I feared my past at one point, and it nearly got me killed, along with my father, my friends, and my love," she said softly, turnnig away. She had never told anyone of that instance in her life.
"I never todl anyone that in my life, thought they would label my crazy, but it is true. I have only noe piece of advice for you Lindar, do not let the past consume you, else you end up like me, an individual bent on killing, and no feelings left inside ecept when coaxed out. You do not want to be like this, trust me," she said quietly, then urged Bruin into a gallop, leaving them behind her.

She sighed and stopped, being far ahead of them.

"Ai Bruin, why can I not keep my mind shut when I need to? I should never have mentioned that, one of them may slip to father and Lord Elrond, coem mellon nin, we wil lwait for them," she said quietly slipping from his back.

She let out a cry of suprise as she fel lto the ground, growling in discomfort. a twig had pricked her in her back when hse fell and she pulled it out, glaring at it angrily. She threw the small piece of wood off to the side adn got up, albiet stiffly and walekd to Bruin's side to mount once again.

"I think I may ride on ahead, act as a distraction in case we get ambushed. Then I can reach Rivendell early and get some help," she whispered. Mirelwen rode ahead, her back now starting to tighten up in discomfort.

She cursed her il lfortune but kept going. She saw an orc up on a ridge and shot him with her bow, watching the body fall to the ground. She smiled grimly with satisfaction, then rode on back.

"I shot one orc, but there are most likely more. I will travel with you, but ahead, so do not worry if I disappear, for I wil lmost likely be scouting," she said softly to them.

[Edited on 22/5/2007 by Elfalas]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2007 04:13
Lindar looked up at Mirelwen and nodded in response.
"Yes, I'm afraid. Sometimes when I close my eyes I can see them chasing me. The Easterlings. That's why I attacked Rauron, he was preventing me from running away from them, he wanted me to be killed by them." Lindar explained.

"But it was only a dream Lindar." Bragolan said.
"Maybe, but it seemed real enough. I don't know, all I could do was attack." Lindar said sadly.
Lindar listened to the other things that Mirelwen told him and began to wonder if he would kill everyone he loved.

No, I won't let myself. Lindar thought, but he had killed someone already. It might be a possibility.
"I don't want to kill anyone." Lindar whispered.
"You won't anymore Lindar. I'm going to be keeping an eye on you all the time." Bragolan said.

Then he spurred Aranon to a canter and they began to make their way back to Rivendell.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 08, 2007 12:00
Narluin wheeled Arden around and left Bragolan and Mirelwen. The ashen stallion galloped into the forest but halted at the sound of footsteps coming from in front of them. An orc loomed right in front of him, and Narluin cursed softly in elvish. The orc raised a broadsword and slashed at Arden. The horse sidestepped and whinnied, lashing out at the enemy with his hooves.

Narluin unsheathed Arinya and dispatched the orc with a thrust into its chest. "Let us leave here, Arden," she whispered to her horse urgently, and the horse responded by turning on his hindquarters and galloping up a hill that rose in front of them.

The elf halted Arden beneath an oak tree and leapt from his back nimbly up onto a thick bough. From there, she watched as a horde of around thirty orcs headed away from her friends, bound east. Narluin hoped that they wouldn't run into them. But she felt that they would be able to avoid them anyway.

But not being given to taking chances, Narluin remounted Arden and headed back down the crest toward the company. Upon reaching them, she called out softly, "There are enemies heading our way, around a score and a half. If we are cautious, we should be able to avoid them."
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2007 04:17
Bragolan nodded in response. "We had best find somewhere to lay low until they pass." Bragolan said as he turned from the road.
Lindar looked surprised. "Why can't we just go and kill them? They are the enemy!" Lindar said.

Bragolan glared at him. "You will get yourself killed if you do something as stupid as that." Bragolan said. Aranon trotted into a safe clearing in a forest. They would stay there until the orcs had passed.

Bragolan took his opportunity to rest, but he made sure to keep an eye on Lindar. After a short time though Bragolan fell asleep amd Lindar saw his opportunity.

Lindar did not have any weapons, because Bragolan had took his, so Lindar crept over and took his weapons back then he ran away. "I'll face them if everyone else is too scared." Lindar said with a smirk. Obviously he was not in his right mind.
-------
The sound of screeches floated to Bragolan's ears. His eyes opened and he saw his brother was no where.
"Narluin, Mirelwen, have you seen Lindar?" He asked.
They had not, so Bragolan jumped to his feet. He saw that Lindar's sword was gone and he knew where Lindar was.

Bragolan grabbed his own sword and rushed out to save his brother from certain death.
When Bragolan came he could see his brother surrounded by the orcs. He was fighting strongly, but he was losing quickly.
He already had many scrapes and scratches all over his face and body.

Bragolan raced through the orcs, killing any that were in his way. "Idiot!" Bragolan shouted. Then he grabbed Lindar's wrist and ran as fast as he could.
Lindar continued to fight as they ran, and Bragolan cut his way through the orcs.

They didn't stop running until they came to the forest and the orcs had stopped chasing them. Bragolan collasped when they stopped. He was weak and tired and barely made it.
He had many wounds and so did Lindar, but Lindar didn't notice them.

Lindar knelt beside Bragolan, but he wasn't sure what he could do, so he carried Bragolan with his last ounce of strength over to the clearing where Narluin and Mirelwen were.

"Take care of him." Was all that Lindar said. Then he mounted Aranon and took off toward Imladris.
-------
When Lindar arrived at Rivendell he didn't stop until he came to the court yard of Elrond's house. He jumped from Aranon's back and raced through the halls to find Elrond.

When Lindar came to Elrond's room he pushed open the doors and fell into the doorway, his strength finally giving out.
"Lord Elrond, I need your help. I am losing my mind, I fear. Can you heal an elf from fear? From insanity?" Lindar asked, tears began to roll down his cheeks. Blood was crusted on his wounds and scars.

"If you cannot do anything to help me, please kill me. I am a curse to everyone. I killed an elf, and I almost hurt Narluin and I don't know what will become of Bragolan." Lindar said.

Then the overwhelming fear and realization to what he had done washed over him and his wounds had weakened him, and he fell into unconsciousness.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2007 07:18
Mirelwen's eyes widened in shock, looking at Bregolan. SHe watched Lindar ride off, haeded for Imladris. She looked at Narluin.

"If you wish to go and follow him, do so. I will not stop you, I will heal Bregolan and return the favor," she said softly in Elvish. HEr eyes then turned toward Bregolan, filled with remorse and sadness.

"I only hope you can trust me as I did you," she whispered to him. With that, Mirelwen grabbed her hearbs from the sack she had and went to work. SHe crushed some athelas and some other herbs, along with some root. When it was a fine powder, she added it to soem water and mixed it well, until it became a paste.

SHe rubbed it on his wounds, packing some Athelas leaves in first. She then wrapped them up tightly with cloth and sat back on her heels, her hair hanging in her eyes. She looked at him through the curtain of dark hair, her ice blue eyes filled with anxiousness and sadness.

"There, I have done as much as I can, my friend, the rest is up to you. If you choose naught, then I will give my strength to you until you are well enough," she said stubbornly, her eeys flashing. SHe laid down, the fire to her back, watchnig him closely.

"Ai, mellon nin, I wil ltake you back when morning comes. Now, we, or you, rest. I am going to keep watch, you get some sleep and reserve your strength, you nearly spent it in the battle," she remarked softly.

[Edited on 22/5/2007 by Elfalas]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2007 02:37
Bain was shocked when Mirelwen came back.

My friends, be careful up ahead. I fell from Bruin's back from weariness and fell on a poisoned arrow," she murmured, her eyes unfocused as she gazed ahead. Mirelwen felt lightheaded and dizzy, so she shut her eyes and rubbed them

Bain spoke, you must let one of the brother treat you injury. I will look about to see if There are more orcs around or any or source of trouble."

She jumped up on her mare and knew that the brothers were good healer and would help the posion.

She continued, "Legolas It would be best if you stayed here on gaurd. It is very difficult to heal if you have to worry about an attack any moment."

She went down the trail. It did not take her long to find the arrow on the ground. From that point she started her search for enemies.

She found the dead orc at the bottom of a hill.

There was no obvious way up to the top so she hoped there was no easy way down either.

She went back to find the female treated.

She spoke "The orc you shot is dead. I could find to hint of more enemies in this valley. I could not find an easy way up to the ridge where the orc was shot. I hope that means there is no easy way down either.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2007 03:44
Mirelwen nodded to Bain and sat with Bregolan, not wanting t omove him yet, until he was ready. She looked over at him, her eyes filld with sadness and blame for herself.

"Ai, my friend, I am sorry, I should have followed to help you fight. Just tell me when you wish to leave and Bruin will bear us both to Imladris on his back. All you have to do is say when you want to go back," she said softly.

Her eyes turned to the sky as she looked up, watching the stars. She sighed and laid back in the grass, her hands folded behind her head. She felt herself relax and feel for the first time at ease since Mordor.

"perhaps I should look to the stars more often, they comfort me and relax my tight nerves," she whispered to none in particular. Her eyes drooped but she kept them open, taking out some wine and drinking it. She ate a piece of Lembas she had with her and felt more awake and her strength replenished some.

She sighed and stretched, her back flaring with pain but she ignored it. Mirelwen looked over at Bregolan, making sure he was well, then turned back to the sky and stars. The moon was full and shone brightly in the sky, illuminating the night with a silvery white light. Everything seemed more bright and still erie lit in this way. She looked around, getting up to pet Bruin. She stroked the stallion's neck, feeling his slick coat under her fingers.

"My friend, can you bear two back to Imladris? I think you can, for it is not far at all from here. As soon as Bregolan is ready, we will leave. Reest mellon nin, and be at ease, the orcs are gone for now," she whispered to the horse.

Bruin nodded his head and snorted, nudging her affectionately. She smiled and laughed at him, patting his neck again. Bruin trotted away from them some and stood still, his eyes closing in sleep. She laiy back down, watching the night with ice blue, cold eyes.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 18, 2007 04:48
Elrond gazed sadly at the fallen figure at his feet. He hadn't an opportunity to talk to Lindar before the elf fell unconscious. He summoned a guard and said authoritatively, "Take him to the infirmary. I shall be there soon." The elf nodded and picked Lindar up lightly, bearing the body effortlessly.

Elrond followed at a sedate pace, his thoughts tumultuously wending their way across the expanse of his mind. He had foreseen this happening, and he had tried to warn Narluin, but it hadn't helped. And now, she could be hurt by his outburst and...Elrond pushed the thought from his mind. He would talk to his niece when she arrived back from Lorien.

---------------------------------------------

Narluin felt a horrid sense of foreboding as she urged Arden after Lindar. She didn't think she would catch up to him, but she had to try before he made matters worse.

Arden broke through the brush into the valley of Imladris, and the sense of foreboding increased. She halted Arden near the elven lord's dwelling and dismounted swiftly.

Elrond spotted his niece as she came towards the dwelling, and he met her on the threshold. "Narluin, come with me," was all the elven lord said.

Sickened to her stomach, Narluin followed.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2007 07:32
Lindar was trapped in his dreams, he could have wakened if he wished, but he was too afraid. His mind raged, he wanted to see his friends, but he was too afraid that he might harm them. He knew he was a killer.

Lindar could feel the presence of different people as they walked around them, but his eyes would not open and he wouldn't speak. He acted like someone who was in a coma, even though his mind was wide awake.
----
Bragolan felt much pain, but after a while woke. He looked and saw Mirelwen and Bain, he smiled at them both, then remembered what had taken place.

"Where is Lindar?" Bragolan asked. When they told him he had set off to Rivendell he stood slowly and walked over to Mirelwen.
"Take me to him." Bragolan ordered.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2007 12:23
Mirelwen nodded and helped Bregolan mount Bruin, then she rode off with him. They rode for a long time and she sighed softly, feeling her head swim once again.

"I think I may have to face my father and Lord Elrond when we get back, my head is light and I feel strange. I think that arrow may have been poisoned," she said softly.

She allowed Bruin to travel as fast as he wanted to, and she let him take total control. He snorted, understanding their haste and he picked up the pace, galloping at a fast pace, his hooved drumming steadily on the forest floor. When they reached Rivendell, Mirelwen helped Bregolan into Lord Elrond's home. She saw her father and walkd up to him. THe golden haired Elf lord looked relieved to see his daughter again and he embraced her. '

"My daughter, thank the Valar you are unhurt and safely delivered to us here," he said. She smiled weakly and looked away, preferring to look at Bregolan.

"Ada, I am afraid I am not as well as you think. I am hurt, but do not worry, I shall be alright," she said softly

" Ada, take us to Lindar, this is his brother, Bregolan. Bregolan, this is my father, Glorfindel. Come on ada, we need to go, Bregolan wishes to see his brother, and soon," she said urgently.

Glorfindel nodded and hurried off, leading them down the hall. He stopped at a doorway, stepping aside so they could enter.

"There you are, he is in the bed, right there. I am sure Lord Elrond will not mind if you go to check on him," he said quietly.

"Oh no father, I am not going. This is for Bregolan alone, it is his brother. I shall see him later when he is in a better condition," she said quietly.

She looked over at Bregolan, nodding to him and giving him a little push into the room. She stood there for a bit with her father, then he looked at her.

"Mirelwen, iel nin, come here. You need to go and rest, I can feel the hurts coming from you. And your back is bleeding heavily, come here, allow me to see to your wounds," he siad softly.

Mirelwen sighed and allowed him to lead her off, taking her to her room. He then cleaned the wounds, giving her an antidote for the poison that did inded run through her veins from the arrow wound in her back.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2007 01:22
Bragolan bowed in thanks to Glorfindel. He was glad to be able to see his brother, but also very worried.
When he stepped into the room he gasped, Lindar didn't look well, he looked weak and worn.

Bragolan slowly walked in and sat down beside him. He stroked Lindar's forehead, watching his face.
"Lindar, everything is alright. I made it, come back, don't be afraid." Bragolan said softly.

This hurt Bragolan to see Lindar. Lindar's face seemed calm, but every once in a while his brows would furrow or he would cring. He was obivously afraid of something.

"Please Lindar." Bragolan whispered. Then he looked up as the door opened. He saw Narluin and Lord Elrond.
Bragolan stood and moved aside. "I will leave now, I need to rest and I've seen enough." Bragolan said.

He began to walk by, but stopped. "Please help him Lord Elrond, I can't anymore. I've tried, but I can't." Bragolan said sadly.

Then he walked by Elrond and made his way down the hall, he needed to think alone now.

[Edited on 20/5/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2007 02:09
Mirelwen was walking out of her room, headed for the kitchen for something to eat. She was starving, for she had not eaten in five days and it was beginning to take its toll on her. She saw Bregolan and started to follow, but hse stopped, sensing that he needed to be alone, and she was too hungry. She snuck into the kitchen, grabbing a piece of bread with butter and honey on it. She also grabbed a water skin full of wine and walked outside, sitting in a tree. She chewed thoughtfully on the bread and took a drink of the wine. She sat there, obliviuos of all else. Elladan climbed up and sat beside her, smiling when she looked over.

"I heard about you and your injuries. That was very intelligent on your part, you knew that ada and Glorfindel would find out sooner or later, so why try and hide it?," he asked, his eyebrow raised in amusement.

"Elladan, you know why, I am tired of them always asking about me when I get back, have I been hurt, is everything alright, why are you bleeding so much and my personal favourite, where have you been the last six months? It is all very annoying and I always seem to get the bear the most of the questions we recieve. Besides, I thought I might be able to get away with it this time," she added, laughing.

He looked at her incrediously and laughed as well, shaking his head. The two sat and talked ofr a long while, sharing the wine she had brought.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 05:48
Bain was glad when the female agreed to ge back to her room in Lord Elrond's home.

Bain went to an area just out side of the building, enjoying the sites and sounds of nature.

This was different from the Lorien woods she was raised in.

She heard soft foot falls, She saw it was on on Lord Elronds sons.

He spoke, "I understand you volunteered to travel with our friend. At least she would have company." His voiced droped, "I understand you do some healing as well as fighting."

Bain nodded. "Yes, but dont tell her she seams to be rejecting the former." Her voice also very soft.

He nodded and they stood in silence.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 25, 2007 11:50
Narluin entered the room with Elrond. Upon seeing him on the bed as if comatose, she rushed to his side. "Lindar," she whispered, bending down and kissing his forehead. "Please come back to us. We will help you; I am here for you. Do not fall into the darkness."

She stood back and waited while Elrond inspected him. "He seems alright, but I know not how long he will be like this. It is lucky you came when you did, for you might be one of the only ones to save him. If he loves you, then perhaps love can turn this around. Physical endurance is not enough. He needs to forgive the past, and his spirit must heal. You will be able to help him." The lord took his niece's hand and squeezed it tightly.

"You take care of the physical; I will deal with the spirit," the elf maiden vowed softly, her voice quiet but strong. "But I must go talk to Bragolan and see how he is doing. I shall return." With that, Narluin swept out of the infirmary, and the one she loved in his state, not knowing if he would live or die.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2007 12:20
Lindar felt something, a soft touch to his forehead, a warm and soothing touch. He could barely hear voices, but he didn't want to go back. Again, he was scared of what he might do.

They'll be better off without you. You're a killer. Lindar's mind told him. Lindar hated being trapped in the darkness, but where else could he be held and prevented from harming anyone?

Just die, what good is life now? Lindar would not give up, something didn't want him to, the little bit of spirit that had not been utterly destroyed by what he had done.
-----
Bragolan had gone to the library. He sat down on a window seat and stared out at the sky. Tears rolled down his cheeks, but no sound came from his lips.

His mind was flooded with thoughts of Lindar. He remembered what Lindar was like before he had been captured by the Easterlings...all the memories of Lindar, past and recent, reeled through his mind.

Then he heard a soft voice near him, he turned and looked over to see Narluin. Bragolan rose. He held back his sobs, but then suddenly they all burst out. Tears flooded down his face.

Bragolan covered his face with his hands. "I'm so worried about him Narluin. He doesn't deserve this death. He has made many mistakes, which I am very upset about, but he is still my brother." Bragolan said.

After a moment he calmed himself and sat back down. He wiped the tears away, though his face was still wet.
"I feel as if my heart will break if he dies." Bragolan whispered.
Then he looked up at Narluin. "I'm sure you feel the same, but you must bring him back...Lord Elrond and yourself. I am too weary, I can't do anymore, but you still can." Bragolan said.

Bragolan stared at the ground. He wondered if Narluin thought he was rude to tell her what she must do, but he really couldn't do anything more to help Lindar. He had already done so much.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 27, 2007 05:13
Narluin hesitated then put a comforting hand on Bragolan. When she spoke, her voice was tired but urgent. "Bragolan, mellon nin, you are strong, but you must be stronger than you are now. If Lindar loses you, then there is no hope for him to live. You are the world to him. It may come to pass that he might not care for me anymore. Who can tell? But you, you are his brother, his kin, his best friend. You have seen him at his worst, as I have, but blood is stronger than the bonds of love at times, and this is one of those times." The elf fell silent and moved away from Bragolan.

She faced the window, and her dark hair fell swept around and covered her face. Leaning against the smooth glass, Narluin continued, "I cannot be the only one to continue in this venture, Bragolan. I have only known you both for a year or so. That is such a short time, especially in the time expanse of our lives. Please do not give up. I can only be so strong for so long." With that, tears poured down her face silently, mingling with her hair and dampening it. The elf made no move to hinder them.

Her heart hurt; she needed the strength of another. Elrond was a healer of both body and spirit, but the hurt Narluin had felt throughout her life had begun to take its toll on her. She could not be the strong one for much longer.

"Bragolan," Narluin whispered, the tears still rolling down her face, "I need you."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2007 04:31
Bragolan had not thought about the pain that they had gone through and endured. Everyone who knew him well would have to help now.

Bragolan walked over to Narluin and pulled her into an embrace, like a brother would for a sister, and he let her cry on his shoulder.
"I will do what I can." Bragolan whispered.

"Shall we go now and see if there is anything we can do?" Bragolan asked as he pulled her back and looked at her.
Then they both walked out of the library and headed back to the room.
-------
Lindar lay still. He had not made one move since he had fallen unconscious. His breathing even seemed unnoticeable.
Lindar's eyes moved under his eyelids, like he was searching for something in his dreams.

Lindar was hurting himself in his mind. He kept telling himself that nothing could be done, he would have to give up.
He couldn't hold out forever, so why was he trying? Surely no one cared about him anymore, why would they?

I just want to tell Narluin that I love her one more time. I want to tell Bragolan that I'm sorry, and thank him for helping me. Lindar thought. His spirit was slowly diminishing, he was beating himself down. Wearing himself out.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 29, 2007 08:20
Narluin dried her eyes as she walked alongside Bragolan. "I do not know what more we can do," she said quietly. "But he must awake before we can do anything to help him. And I think he is going to have to want to be helped."

A soft breeze blew into the infirmary as they entered the room. Narluin sighed with relief for the wind calmed her down, and she approached the bed with Lindar on it. Then, she resumed her pleading with him.

"Lindar, you must wake up. Come back to us, veleth nin. Your brother and I are here for you. Lord Elrond will aid us as well. Do not go into the darkness. You have everything to live for. If you cannot think of a single thing, then remember Bragolan. If you forget me, then remember your brother. He loves you as much as I do and possibly more. Come back to us."

-------------------------------------

Elrond looked in on the hurt elf and saw Narluin and Bragolan tending to him. He gave a small smile and enterd the room.

"Narluin," he said, coming up to the pair.

"How fares he, Uncle?" Narluin asked, crystal eyes on the bed.

"He has been tossing and turning for a long while, but I think he might come back to us soon. He just needs to fight his own demons."

"I pray he overcomes them," Narluin whispered, strength slowly returning to her voice.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2007 09:01
Bragolan walked with Narluin, hoping to find his brother awake again. But when they walked in the room Lindar still lay silent.
Bragolan felt discouraged for a moment, but he knew this was no time for discouragement, he had to be strong for Lindar.

Bragolan took a seat on the other side of Lindar, watching his brother's face. "Lindar, it's me. Please come back, I know you're very strong. Too strong to be beaten by your own fears. Wake up little brother." Bragolan whispered.

Moments later Lord Elrond walked in. He seemed glad to see both of them there.
Bragolan looked back at Lindar, pleading for him to wake.

Lindar heard what they were saying, his heart becoming stronger when hearing their voices. But his mind was still against him.

I want to be with them... Lindar told himself.
Then he forced his mind to wake, his eyes opened slightly.
He was still afraid that he might hurt someone, but he knew that he would have to be strong now.

"Narluin...I'm sorry, I do love you." Lindar said, he touched her cheek. Then he looked over at Bragolan. "I'm sorry, as well, my brother. I've caused you both so much pain." Lindar said sadly.

Bragolan smiled when he saw Lindar. "Do not be sorry, it is in the past now. Stay awake Lindar, we are going to help you." Bragolan said.

(I won't be able to post tomorrow)

[Edited on 30/5/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2007 09:32
Elladan looked at Mirelwen and he put an arm around her shoulders in a brotherly way. "Come on Mire, I think you need to go inside and lie down to rest some. You have been gonig for a while now as I figure it, plus you are not in the best condition at the moment. I'll help you in, but you must promise me that you will sleep, long and uninterrupted, and without event," he added, seeing her face fall and her eyes fill with indignance.

"Fine, I shall, I shall. I promise with Varda as my witness that I shall rest, and sleep, as you wish. But I refuse to be in my room. I know you and your brother, as well as everyone else in this household. Nay, I sleep where I want, and you are not to disturb me, not anyone. If I must sleep, then I do not want you and Elrohir hovering around, nor my father or yours," she said stubbornly.

He nodded and helped her down out of the tree. She walked to the falls and laid down by the water, pillowing her head on her arm. She looked over at Elladan, who made no move to leave. She sighed heavily and looked at him.

"Fine Elladan, you may stay with me. I obviously cannot get rid of you, so stay. But please, if anything happens, wake me. Do not let me sleep. If ada calls for me, then you may wake me and we can go elsewhere so I will not be found, understand?," she asked quietly.

Elladan looked at her and nodded, then laid down himself.

"Mirelwen, you are very complicated as well as confusing. You never want to be messed with, never want to be found when you go into hiding. I will wake you, I promise. Now you sleep and leave the rest to me," he said, smiling.

His eyes filled with mischief and mirth. "Ai, that's all i need, you looking like that right before I rest myself," she murmured.

He laughed and rolled over, her eyes staring at his back. She rooled over and her eyes were soon glazed over in Elven sleep.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 06, 2007 10:45
Narluin let a smile cross her face as she watched Lindar wake. "It is about time," she whispered, pressing her lips to his forehead. "You have come back among us." The happiness in her voice was apparent, even though her tone was soft.

"We will help you fight your demons. Bragolan, Uncle, myself. Stay with us, and do not fall back to the darkness."

Elrond came into the room quietly and observed the scene around the bed. He smiled to himself and remained in the doorway. He had been wrong; Lindar would change for the better. If he had made it through this, then he would be fine. Bragolan and Narluin would help him, that was for sure, and to see Narluin that happy made his heart glad.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2007 11:39
Lindar felt his heart lighten when he heard Narluin's voice and saw her face. He touched her face with hand, his dark eyes watching her face.
"I thought I hurt you. I thought you didn't love me." Lindar said, his voice softer than usual. His eyes showed his confusion.

Bragolan squeezed Lindar's hand. "You were telling yourself lies, Lindar. I was hurt, but not too badly. You should not have left like you had." Bragolan said.
Lindar looked sad, then he looked up at Bragolan's light brown eyes. "I'm sorry. I thought I was doing the right thing, I was scared." Lindar said.

Bragolan chuckled. "Don't be so hard on yourself, little brother. It is behind us now. Let go of your fears, we'll help you over come them." Bragolan said with a smile.
Lindar smiled, his eyes looked brighter than they had for a long time. Then he closed his eyes, and at first this alarmed Bragolan and he shook his brother.

Lindar looked up at Bragolan. "Don't worry about me. I'm just tired, I haven't slept well for a long time. I won't stay asleep." Lindar said. Bragolan sat back and let his brother dose off.
Braglan felt tears of joy rolling down his cheeks.
"You'll be alright, Lindar." He whispered.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 13, 2007 09:34
Narluin placed a hand on Bragolan's shoulder and said gently, "He will be all right. We just need to give him his space for now. Come, let us leave him alone and let him rest. I am sure we can find something to occupy our time with until he wakes up."

Taking Bragolan by the arm, the fair elf led him past Elrond and out into a courtyard. The waterfall sounded like music to their ears. Narluin seated her friend down on a stone bench and looked him in the eyes.

"It seems to me that we have been companions for how long, and I do not even know that much about you or your brother. Tell me something of your history, Bragolan. I am deeply interested in learning more about you. But if there is too much that is painful to recall, then tell me not for I do not want you to be uncomfortable around me."

A gentle breeze blew through Imladris, rustling the leaves on trees and creating a pleasant atmosphere. It was times like these that Narluin was happy to be home, and she didn't want to be anywhere else.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2007 03:05
Bragolan looked at Narluin and sighed. "It was not a pretty thing to speak about, or even think about, but you need to know if you are to become one of the family." Bragolan said with slight smile.

"Lindar and myself actually had many good times in childhood, we often played tricks on our friends and sometimes our parents if we could get away quick enough." Bragolan smiled at the memory.

"But as we grew older we seemed to lose connection, and I regret it. I became proud of my fighting skills, and soon their was competition between myself and Lindar. We tried to outshine one another." Bragolan shook his head slightly.

"We did move past that as you can see, but that competition consumed many years of our youth. As we became older we found we needed each other, for once when we were trapped in battle alone, our proud hearts wished not to ask for one anothers aid. But as the battle went on we found we needed to work together, and then we became brothers again." Bragolan explained.

"Ai, but then I lost him. And it broke my heart, for our friendship was blossoming, and I thought that we were now true brothers. But then I failed to be by his side." Bragolan said sadly.
---
Lindar closed his eyes and then opened them again. His eyes focused and he saw that the others had now left.
"Lord Elrond, I'm still afraid. Do you think I will hurt anyone? I fear to hurt Narluin and Bragolan more than anything." Lndar said worriedly.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 19, 2007 04:54
Elrond felt a pang of pity for the young elf that lay on the bed in front of him. Not wanting to burden Lindar more but knowing that to keep the truth from the elf would only hurt him more, the elven lord decided to tell Lindar the truth.

"To be honest, I do think that you will hurt again, but not necessarily Narluin or your brother. It pains me to tell you this, but it is part of your nature. Regardless that you try to fight the darkness within you, it is still there, and there might be times where it will consume you. But, there is a chance that I am wrong. Do not worry about it much, for I have been wrong about such things before." And Narluin is a prime example of that, he thought to himself in anguish, remembering that he had warned against Lindar from the beginning.

-------------------------------------

"Pride is something that most of us have, and if we cannot keep it in temperance, then it can destroy us," Narluin told Bragolan sagely as she listened intently to his story. She had remained silent throughout the entire tale, not wanting to let out anything that she had been feeling.

"You and Lindar have a chance now to become close, and do not throw this opportunity away. I do not believe you will, but one can never be sure."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2007 03:06
Bragolan listened to Narluin's words and nodded in agreement.
"I'm not going to lose him again." Bragolan swore.
Then he took in a deep breath. His light brown eyes watched the beautiful trees as they swayed with the slight breeze.

He smiled. His brother would be good, they would start over again. Life would be fine, they would truly be brothers.
--
Lindar frowned when he heard what Lord Elrond said.
"I feel it within me. Like a...a black hold in my heart. Claws that cling to my soul. And I feel in dispair, I feel afraid." Lindar said. His voice sounded nervous.

But then he looked up, his eyes looking black.
"I-I love Narluin. I am not going to hurt her again." Lindar promised.
He tried to sit up, but his body still felt tired. He had been through so much.

"I do not think it can leave me, but I won't let it destroy me." Lindar said. His voice rose with determination. His dark eyes showed that what he said he intended to do.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 17, 2007 04:35
Elrond stared at Lindar and replied, "Your strong will shall be a great asset to you, my friend. Keep a faithful mind, and it will guide you. Listen to your heart. Follow the path that is not known to you. Most of this you have already heard from one person or another, but the values ring true. And the last and certainly most important: Love and be loved."

The elf-lord let a smile slide across his face as he thought of Narluin and this young one together. Two opposites. But they had been through so much. Let them be happy, if only for a little while.

--------------------------------

Narluin placed a hand on Bragolan's shoulder. "You will not lose him again," she whispered to him. "I will make sure of that."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2007 04:46
Lindar smiled, he would be happy. He would have Narluin and he would care for her.
He fell asleep with those thoughts on his mind.
---
When Lindar woke the next morning he felt free. His mind was at ease and he felt better than he had for a long time.

He rose and got off the bed. He dressed in a dark green tunic and black pants.
Then he decided to find Narluin and Bragolan.

Bragolan was walking down the hall when he saw his little brother coming towards him. He looked strong again.

Bragolan pulled his brother into his arms and held him.
"Ai Lindar, I am so glad you are well." Bragolan whispered.

Lindar smiled. "I'm so glad you never gave up on me." He said.
Bragolan smiled back. "I'm sure you wish to see Narluin." He said.

Lindar nodded and Bragolan told her that she had been outside. Lindar thanked him and went outside to find her.
--
When he came outside he touched her shoulder gently.
"Narluin, I'm so sorry for the trouble I've caused you and your family. Lord Elrond has helped me so much, and so have you and Bragolan. But now, I need to ask you. Narluin, will you be my wife?" Lindar asked.

He felt himself trembling. He was unsure how she would react.
But he had to ask, he had to know if she loved him as much as he loved her.

Bragolan watched them from the shadows, smiling at his brother who was making a very big decision.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 20, 2007 05:36
Narluin held Lindar's gaze with her own. Her deep blue eyes were dead serious as she addressed him. "You should already know the answer to that question," she said, taking his hand and pressing it to her lips.

Silence mounted and the moments lengthened until a slim arrow flew through the air and thudded into Narluin's shoulder. A cry followed, and an elf ran into the clearing.

Narluin let out a gasp and stood quickly, trying to stop the bleeding. "I will return," she said breathlessly and hurried to the infirmary where she could be treated.

Meanwhile the elf, called Elenion, stared into Lindar's hard eyes and tried to explain himself. "It was nothing but an accident. I have no intention of harming Narluin. She is a great friend of mine, and she could tell you the same." There was no fear in Elenion's eyes, but there was a wariness. He had heard about this elf, the one Narluin was to wed.

He stepped back as Lindar stepped forward.

(I thought there could be some tension between them, unless you had other ideas.)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2007 06:39
(lovely idea Dinenlasse)

Lindar smiled at Narluin and caressed her cheek. He wanted to embrace her, but then an arrow flew threw the air and struck Narluin.
Lindar rose quickly and glared at the elf who had shot her.

"What a ridiculous accident." He growled angrily. His dark eyes flashed as he looked at this elf.
Then he took a step forward as Elenion stepped back.
"You had best watch your step elf." He whispered in a menacing voice.

Then he turned and followed after Narluin.
----
Bragolan had returned to the library after he had heard Lindar's proposal.
He was very proud of his brother, he seemed to have lost his fury for a time, and maybe Narluin would calm him down a little.

Bragolan was finding life in Imladris very nice. He still missed Lorien, but he wanted to stay where his brother was happy.
He couldn't wait for the marriage, and maybe someday he would be an uncle.

"Oh, I had best not rush things in my mind." Bragolan said with a smile.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 24, 2007 08:58
The halls flew by in a blur as Narluin hurried towards the infirmary, blood staining the sleeve of her shirt. She thought she heard footsteps behind her, and Narluin slackened her pace. Elenion came up behind her and grasped her arm.

"I apologize, Narluin," he said, his dark eyes gazing into hers, concerned. "I was aiming at something else, certainly not you or your betrothed."

Narluin clutched the arrow and removed it. "I know that, but I do not think he will understand. You might have to explain yourself to him, Elenion. Be honest and above all, do not show fear." She smiled slightly and added, "Not that you would fear anything."

They arrived in the infirmary, a large and clean room, with beds lining both stone walls. A breeze caused the curtains to billow and recede, and the atmosphere was calm. A sagely elf came forward and proceeded to clean the wound and bind it with a cloth. "No harm done," Narluin said, looking at her friend.

But she didn't think Lindar would feel the same way.
<< First7891011
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email