Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First678910Last >>
Author Topic:
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Sapphire Skies Among the Darkness. (Everyone Welcome!!)
on: January 29, 2007 01:12
Arnarel turned and looked at their group and smiled. " Bain, have you ever been here before? I think I speak for Elladan and Elrohir when I say that we need to show you a few things here." His face held a warm smile and his eyes held a light, but Elladan knew where hee wished to take her, and Elrohir as well. " We shall go to the wterfalls and then to their garden, Mirelwen's and Legolas'." He looked at them and smiled, letting his horse take off for the well hidden path.
Arnarel laughed and followed his suit, his horse quickly caught up and shot past Elladan, making for the path to be the first one. Elrohir went with Bain and both followed their companions to the path, but had to slow to keep from dropping off the side of the cliff. Elrohir started singing and Arnarel joined in, Elladan singing the loudest. He stopped quickly, holding his hand up in silence. they all heard a being coming at them slowly and all three Ellons drew their bows and waited. Mirelwen came out of the bushes to the bows, and her mouth dropped slightly, but not as much as the others.
What are you doing here!? I thought you were to be resting?" Elladan's voice was filled with relief and worry. " I am fine, I came to see if Legolas was here in the garden, but he is not. I am going back now to Imladris, and the Homely House. My strength is nigh spent and I must go before it fails me completely. Farwell, and watch the cavern up there, I ran into a few orcs on my way back. They are gone, but there will be more." She looked at them all and then continued on down the path, making her way back to the house and the stables to put her horse back.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2007 07:37
Bain was surprised to hear someone comeing. Naterually she was concerned about there being orcs in the area. Her hand stays near the hilt of her sword as they move forward again.

She is still looking at the beauty of the area but now she is not allowing her self to fall under the spell of the beauty any more, her eyes and ears kept looking around for orcs.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 12:07
Narluin stood at the entrance of the stable and shook her head in amusement. Her kin always seemed to be up to one thing or another. She let the others leave, knowing it was no business of hers to intrude. The elf went back to Arden's stall and tacked up the stallion. Leading him out of the stable, Narluin mounted him and rode slowly back into Imladris. She kept her eyes out for Lindar for she wanted to know if he would ride out with her and update her on what he intended on doing within the next day or two.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 01:59
After spending some time with Bragolan he slipped away while Bragolan began to speak with a very learned elf, something Lindar was not interested in.

Lindar walked outside, then he thought that maybe he should let his horse out since it was nice weather.
Lindar walked down to the stables and found Narluin there, he was very pleased.
"Hello again." Lindar said with a smile.
He walked over to his horse and patted his neck. "I thought maybe I would go for a ride." Lindar said with a smile.

Then he remembered what his brother had told him about leaving, he wanted to tell Narluin. "Narluin, my brother said that we had the oppurtunity to go back to Lorien, our home. I said that I would not leave," His voice dropped down to a whisper, "Not without you."
He wondered how she would respond to this, and was a little nervous, he thought maybe he was too bold.

Soon he had his horse tacked and ready to go.
Lindar rode out, then stopped and waited for Narluin.
"You can pick where we shall ride." Lindar said with a smile.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2007 06:38
Bain kept an eye on the way they were going. She knew she had no need to worry about finding her way back but she was alert now because of hearing about orcs in the area.

They went slowly, no one seemed to be in a rush.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2007 07:14
Arnarel could sanse Bain's unease. "Do not worry, we are taking it slow and watching. we have no worries, I think Mirelwen might have killed all of them." HE looked around and noticed the small nearly overgrown path to the left. He got off of his horse and led down the narrow path to their destination. It was a beautiful site when you made it down the trecherous path. There was an emerald green field with a rock formation around one side, where the waterfall came down into a clear pool that followed a little stream. It was all wonderful and peaceful.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 07, 2007 09:20
Narluin glanced at Lindar and smiled, entwining one of her hands in Arden's mane. "Lothlorien? I haven't been there in a while. Perhaps it would be well if I returned there and saw my kin again...and introduce them to you and you to them," she said, nudging her horse along a little known trail. "I doubt that many here have used this trail; it is one that my mother had cut a long while ago before she met my father. It leads to a hidden grove of juniper trees, and at this time of year, they cast a certain...atmosphere you might say. Care you to come with me?"
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2007 09:43
Lindar smiled and nodded. Then he gave his horse a little squeeze and he moved on.
Lindar enjoyed being arounf Narluin. She was always pleasant to talk to and she was just so kind. Lindar loved her so much.

When they arrived at the beautiful spot Lindar gasped.
Their was a fragrance in the air that was most appealing and everything around the place was beautiful. "Amazing." Lindar whispered.
Then he looked over at Narluin and he thought she looked like an angel in the light, for it cast a golden glow.

'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2007 11:13
Bain dismounted and followed Arnarel.

once they arrived and she saw.

There was an emerald green field with a rock formation around one side, where the waterfall came down into a clear pool that followed a little stream. It was all wonderful and peaceful.

Bain was deeply drawn to the beauty. It was like nothing she had ever seen.

She dropped the riens and walked slowly toward the watterfall and pool. It was the most peaceful thing she had ever seen.

Her worries and fears quickly evaporated, leaving only peace and unforutately sadness.

She had buried her sadness for some centuries. Now it was coming back full force.

She sat down not far from the water hoping its calmness would some how help her sadness as well.

[Edited on 7/2/2007 by tawar_meldis]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 16, 2007 12:23
Narluin breathed in the heady scent of the junipers and sighed. Her eyes scanned the clearing, and they alit on Lindar. Her heart filled with emotion, and she beamed brightly. "I told you you would love it," she said softly, dismounting Arden and turning him loose. "My parents often came here to be alone, and I suppose that they brought me here as well when I was young."

Narluin sat down in the loam and ran her hands over the spongy turf. It felt like down, and in the clearing, there seemed to be a sense of serenity. It was a tranquil place, and Narluin had never been happier since they had first arrived back in Imladris, but she could only hope that Lindar felt the same.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2007 03:32
Lindar smiled at Narluin, he felt quite happy, but something inside him told him that something was missing.
Lindar walked over and looked around the place, he could hear the water falls flowing, it was so perfect.
Then he realized what was making him feel upset, he was worried that Bragolan was suffering because of him.
He knew how much Bragolan loved Lothlorien, he knew that it probably pained him to be away from it so long.
Lindar couldn't hold this in, he had to let Narluin know.
"Narluin, you know that I love you, but you know that I care very much for my brother as well. He wants to go home, and I fear that I am keeping him here, not letting him do what he really wants." Lindar said.
Then he knelt down beside her. "I feel that I must follow where he goes, if he goes. After being apart for so long it would be terrible to leave each other again." Lindar said, then he stood. "I'm sure you think I sound ridiculous, but this is how I feel. Have I upset you?" Lindar said.
Now he wished he hadn't brought up all that was on his heart, this was such a wonderful place and he wanted to stay here forever with Narluin, but what of Bragolan?
Lindar knew what he would have to do. "I must go and speak with my brother, I need to tell him how I feel. Will you excuse me?" Lindar asked.
Then he mounted his steed and rode off, he felt that he was being rude after her leading him there but he had to speak with Bragolan.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2007 02:44
Mirelwen had reached the house, but her strength was spent and she could go no further. She collapsed on the stairs, her head hitting a rock and she was unconcious, her mind fleeing and spirit also. She laid there, in the comforting quiet, not beig troubled with the pain that plauged her day by day. She was on the stairs in front of the house, and she could do nothing about it. She had uttered a faint cry of suprise, but she knew no one would have heard her. She was stuck there.
Arnarel watched Bain leave the group and sit by herself. He understood the need to be alond, for he knew one who preferred to be alone. The twins and Legolas were having a fight at the moment and each had a sack with water in it and beat each other mercilessly. Arnarel rolled his eyes and went to try and stop the "Elflings" before one of them was beat senceless.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2007 01:50
Bain's musings were interupted by a water sack fight. She knew it would not likely result in injury but you could never tell.

As she got close she called out, "excuse me, hey gentlemen excuse me. A touch of self control would be apprecaited by the rest of us. Or t least some thing quiter with less chance of inflicting unjury, to resolve any real issue here. I would prefere not to have to use my healing skills because of your elfling behavior"
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2007 03:48
Arnarel laughed along with the twins and Legolas. He got hit in the face with one and they all stopped dead, Elladan was smiling wickedly. "Ooh, I am so terribly sorry Arnarel, my hand slipped. I hope you shall forgive me." He was trying to keep from laughing as Arnarel walked slowly toward him, his face mock anger and his tone murderous.

"You would be smart not to do that again, Elladan. I might have to do something in return." Arnarel picked the sack up and threw it t him, then ran in the other direction, laughing at Elladan who stood there dumbstruck. Legolas and Elrohir decided to stop their fight and watch Arnarel's and Elladan's instead.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2007 07:27
Bain laughed heartily for the first time in a century, "I should have known better then to interfere with ellons acting like eflings."
She smiled "I had forgotten just being arround warriors for so long how silly others can be."
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 27, 2007 11:47
Narluin remained in the clearing, surprised at Lindar's abrupt departure, but not angered. She understood the bond between siblings, even if she had none herself. Her bond with her cousins was as close as she could get. Arden walked over to her and nudged her hair with his nuzzle. She stroked the velvet at the tip of it and whispered, "You and I are very fortunate to have each other, aren't we?" In response, the grey stallion nipped her ear and pranced away.

Laughing, Narluin mounted him, and he trotted away back along the trail. Back to Imladris they went. The sound of laughter caught her ears, and the elf went to investigate. Her cousins, Legolas, and a few others were engaged in a water battle of sorts. Halting Arden near them, she inquired, "Might I ask what is going on here? Especially between such mature elves!"
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2007 06:06
Bain chuckled as Narluin arrived and reprimanded the ellon.

She spoke softly, "I agree Narluin, in fact I have asked them that same question and they seam intent on not listening to me. Maybe you will have better luck."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2007 08:05
Lindar found Bragolan speaking with an Elf in the library.
"Bragolan, may I have a word with you?" Lindar asked.
"Of course brother. Will you excuse me." Bragolan said.
The Elf nodded and Bragolan and Lindar walked out of the library.

"What is bothering you?" Bragolan asked, he could tell that something was preying on his brother's mind.
"I don't want to be a hinderance. I want you to go to Lorien if that is what you wish. I will go with you too." Lindar said.
"Ah, you worry that I want to leave but will not because of you." Bragolan said.
Lindar nodded. Bragolan placed his hand on Lindar's shoulder.
"Wherever you are brother is home to me. I know that you love Narluin and I want you both to be very happy, for I can see that nothing could part you. Please do not worry for me anymore, a time may come when I do leave, with or without you, but that time is not now and I am very happy here." Bragolan said.

Lindar smiled at him. Then the sounds of laughter floated up to them and they spotted the elves that seemed to be having fun together. Narluin was there as well.
"I think you should go and be with your friends now Lindar. They seem to be having fun without you." Bragolan said as he turned to leave. Lindar tuned to look at him.
"Are you too old to have fun now brother?" Lindar asked, he smiled.
"No, not too old, but maybe too mature." Bragolan said with a smirk.
Lindar laughed then he walked away.

"Well, looks like we are in a bit of a mess here. If any mortals saw you I'm sure that they would begin to believe that we are not as wise and mature as we seem." Lindar said with a smile.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2007 10:31
Mirelwen came to on the steps in front of the doorway of the Homely House. She at first did not know how she had gotten there, but she remembered when she felt the blood flow down her face and her back burned from a slice of an orc blade. She winced and tried to walk inside, but her body was too weak to support her.

She fell again and she let out a fairly loud curse, her head hitting a corner of the wall where it had collided with the steps earlier. She growled and pushed herself up, trying to get to her room. She slowly made it up the stairs, but had to stop once at the top, her head was pounding and her back was on fire. She gasped and put a hand on her head, trying to rub the pain away. "Help me, please."

Her cry for help was soft and small, barely a whisper and full of pain. She felt dizzy and lightheaded, yet it still throbbed with the slightest motion. She inched her way to her room, using anything she could for support. ONce at her door, she collapsed with only a small thud, her body too weak to support her any longer.

Arnarel and Elladan were beating each other sensless, neither wishing to give in or forfeit the fight. Legolas and Elrohir sat on laid on the grass, watching the two with amused looks and occasional outbursts of musical laughter. "So, when do you think they shall give up and admit defeat, Elrohir?" Legolas looked over at the dark haired Elf and both burst with laughter.

"The day one of them gives up in a fight is the day Arda will be destroyed. Legolas, they will never quit, they shall always be known as the two Elves locked in eternal conflict with nothing but sacks filled with water. Bain, do not worry about them and hurting themselves. After all, if father sees them bruised like now, perhaps we shall get a nice show out of it. They do deserve a nice telling off once in awhile, we never do anything wrong, Legolas and I. We are perfect in every way."

Legolas and Elrohir dawned serious looks until they looked at each other. They both burst once more with laughter at themselves and the two beating each other sensless with water filled sacks.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2007 11:15
Lindar smiled at the Elves, he walked over and stood beside Narluin, he smiled at her.
Then suddenly he felt water splash on him and looked over to see that Elladan's sack of water had broken, and Lindar had been the closest one to the fight.

"Alright! That's it!" Lindar shouted, at first he looked angry. He walked up to Arnarel and took his sack of water, then smacked Elladan over the head with it and it broke, soaking Elladan completely.
"There we are, end of fight." Lindar said with a smirk.
He knew another fight would probably begin, and he laughed at the looks on their faces.

Bragolan was walking down the hall with his friend, Dorion. They were both very interested in lore and loved researching their pasts, therefore they spent much time in the library.

As they walked down the hall Bragolan saw a figure on the ground, he ran up to her.
"Mirelwen. Her wounds are not fully healed. I'll take her into the room, you go and see if there is a healer nearby." Bragolan said.
Dorion nodded and quickly made his way down the hall.

Bragolan laid Mirelwen down on her bed.
"What were you doing wandering around like this?" Bragolan whispered as he looked at her wounds.
He was skilled with healing but he did not know where the herbs were, so that's why he sent for a healer that might be able to help.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 01, 2007 11:40
Narluin laughed as the fight finally ended. "It is little wonder that Uncle wants to send you two off when you act nothing like the noble elves you were born to be," she said in a serious tone though her crystal eyes sparkled with mirth. Her voice was directed at Elladan and Elrohir, but part of it was aimed at Legolas as well. They stood, seemingly shamefaced, but Narluin knew that things could begin again.

She glanced sideways at Lindar and asked, "What are your plans with your brother once you return to Lorien?" She kept the pain out of her voice and instead sounded curious, as if it was of no real importance to her.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2007 11:45
Lindar looked at her. "We will not be leaving, my brother has friends here as well and says that he has no reason to leave." Lindar said he smiled.

Lindar began to walk over to her, but then he felt water hit the back of his head. Lindar turned around and glared at Elladan, who was smiling mischiveouly.
"You want to fight, Elfling?" Lindar asked, he smiled.
"Choose you weapon of choice friend, even if it is merely a water sack." Lindar said.

(I wanted to get Lindar sort of involved with the acitvties, but he's a little more drawn back, considering he doesn't really know them at all. I figure he'll play their game for a little while then back off)
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2007 11:54
Elladan smiled and threw a sack at Lindar, waiting for him to fill it with water. Elladan filled his with water hurriedly and walked back to where everyone was standing. "Narluin, we Elves need to have fun also. we tend to find amusement in strange but fun and highly entertaining games." He smiled and innocently sweet smile and turned to Lindar.

"Alright, the rules are simple. Anywhere and anyone is a target, no hiding or using of some sort of shield other than your sack. If you get bruised, then it shows you are one of the best and are worthy to hold the sack." He laughed and stood there, waiting for Lindar to make his first move.

Legolas watched Elladan with an amused smile on his face and Elrohir was shaking his head and laughing helplessly. Both of them were now laying on the ground rolling with laughter at the scene since Arnarel had snuck up behind Elladan and pelted his head with a sack.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 01, 2007 12:01
Narluin backed off with a huge grin on her face. "I don't think I will partake in this game right now. I would like to stay dry if it is all the same to you," she said with a laugh. The elf made her way over by Elrohir and Legolas. "Some things never cease to amaze me, and the joviality of you four astounds me. Not saying that I can't be as well," Narluin added as the pair looked at her. "But I am more likely to step back and watch everyone pelt each other with water than participate."

Narluin knew that she would get involved one way or another, and that was alright with her. A little fun never hurt anyone, and one needed to savor those precious few times when fun was allowed and no evil was afoot.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2007 01:30
Lindar smiled at he began to hit Elladan with the sack of water.
He laughed like he hadn't in so long, and his heart felt light.

A moment later Lindar fell to the ground from one hard hit by Elladan. Lindar laughed, but stepped out of the game and allowed Arnarel to begin to fight.
Lindar sat down beside the others. "I am afraid I'm not very good at that game." Lindar said with a smile.

Lindar left the group a moment later. He felt the need to ride and he quickly took his horse out of the stable and rode away bare back.
He did not know why he wanted to ride, but he felt something was wrong, a shadow grew in his heart.
"Hurry my friend." Lindar whispered.

Then they rode on a road that led to a cliff edge.
An arrow flew out at him from the bushes of the cliff.
Lindar jumped off his horse and ran for cover.
"Go and warn the others Darkfire." Lindar whispered to his horse.
Darkfire turned and raced down the cliff road.

"I knew the peace was too good to be true." Lindar sighed.
He began to shoot at the evil men with his bow, and eventually he shot one. Then he ran out and met the last man with his sword.
The man fell to his knees. "Please spare me." The man said, he looked very young to be a warrior.
Lindar knew these men were Easterlings. "Stand boy." Lindar said firmly.
"Tell me what I want to know and I will let you fo free, as long as you do not return to your home." Lindar said.
The boy nodded quickly.

The young Easterling quickly explained everything he knew.
"They wanted us to spy on you Elves, and watch your moves. I do not know for what reason, but you and the Elves you were playing games with and the Elves who were watching you are all wanted by my leader. I do not know for what purpose." The boy explained.
Lindar nodded to the boy.
"Will you throw away what you were before, and go to the lands where men are friends of Elves?" Lindar asked.
"But I would be hated there." The boy said.
"I will have you speak with Lord Elrond. He will know what to do with you." Lindar said. The boy looked very afraid.
"I will make sure nothing happens to you." Lindar assured him.

Then he heard sounds and saw his friends racing up to him.
"Do not worry. There is a dead man here, take him away." Lindar said, then he walked away with the boy in front of him.
He saw the curious look on Narluin's face.
"Do not ask questions, I'll tell you later." Lindar said. Then he made his way down the cliff road and to the House of Elrond.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2007 05:37
Bain sat with the others. She watched the fighting.

she was surprised when Lindar whent off.

She waited to see what was going on. THen she followed the others and was shocked to see a child with Lindar.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 14, 2007 11:28
Narluin stood and followed Lindar in her uncle's house. "If my uncle is to be involved, then I am to be informed," she told Lindar firmly. Her eyes caught the frightened gaze of the boy that stood in front of Lindar. He seemed to be of Easterling descent, but she kept that opinion to herself. There was no need for her to allow her thoughts to be known for now. "What have you brought him here for? If he is an enemy..." She hesitated, a realization coming over her.

Lindar had lost his blood lust, and Narluin had been afraid that if an enemy had returned, then he would have returned to his previous state. But he hadn't, and Narluin was relieved. "Come," she said, leading the way. "The sooner my uncle meets you, my lad, the better. And," she added to Lindar, "no others may know about him. It is for his own safety. I cannot promise that he will be taken to heart by Elrond. He is in a varying mood right now."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2007 01:01
"I understand Narluin, but as long as he is not unjustly slain. I have seen that too many times in my life." Lindar said as he followed her.

The young boy looked around, his eyes had fear in them. When they came to the door that led into Elrond's office. The boy began to tremble.
"You do not have to fear. What is your name?" Lindar asked.
"Akaji." He whispered, his voice trembled.

Then he pushed open the door, he saw Elrond and he seemed to be reading something.
"Lord Elrond, I found this boy, he was with another Easterling but he was killed. He has some interesting information that I thought you would like to know." Lindar said.

"Me and my friend were sent here to watch your sons and the Prince of the Wood and any friends that they had. For what purpose I do not know, for I was not informed of that." Akaji explained.
They waited to hear Elrond's response.

(I don't know if you wanted to play Elrond Din, if not I can play him)
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 15, 2007 11:35
(I can, Elfmaiden. It is no problem.)

Narluin waited on the word of her uncle. Elrond surveyed the boy with interest, his brow furrowing as he frowned. There was suspicion in his eyes, but it was hardly evident. "You were sent to spy? I had knowledge that your kind were in the area, but I never assumed that Easterlings would spy. But perhaps that is my folly. But it is good that you speak to me, young lad. I cannot allow you the comforts of the elven-kind, but I can tell you that you are in the company of friends. You will not be harmed here." Elrond spoke in a kind voice, his eyes meeting Narluin's over Akaji's back. He sat back in his throne. "Is there anything else you wish to tell me?"

Narluin sighed with relief at the acceptance of the boy by Elrond. She had also known that there were Easterlings in the area, but she hadn't thought too much of it. She let Lindar take the lead and knew he would speak if Elrond asked a question to either of them.

(I hope I am not being presumptuous.)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2007 12:59
(of course not Din, he is going to find out about them sooner or later, might as well break the ice)

Lindar looked down at the boy, he looked relieved now.
"I wish I tell you something Lord Elrond, but first I would like to ask the boy to leave." Lindar said.
Akaji wondered who would take him to wherever he was to spend the night if Lindar wasn't. But he was led away by another Elf.

Lindar became a little nervous now, he wanted to tell Elrond what he felt for Narluin, but what if Elrond was displeased about the idea.
"Lord Elrond, I have traveled with Narluin for many adventures, and she helped me come passed a terrible time in my life. I love her very much and I would like to ask for her hand." Lindar said, he took her hand and looked at her, he hoped she felt the same way.

"What say you to this union Lord Elrond, for I know that she is your niece." Lindar asked. He waited for both of them to react to what he had said.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2007 01:00
(of course not Din, he is going to find out about them sooner or later, might as well break the ice)

Lindar looked down at the boy, he looked relieved now.
"I wish I tell you something Lord Elrond, but first I would like to ask the boy to leave." Lindar said.
Akaji wondered who would take him to wherever he was to spend the night if Lindar wasn't. But he was led away by another Elf.

Lindar became a little nervous now, he wanted to tell Elrond what he felt for Narluin, but what if Elrond was displeased about the idea.
"Lord Elrond, I have traveled with Narluin for many adventures, and she helped me come passed a terrible time in my life. I love her very much and I would like to ask for her hand." Lindar said, he took her hand and looked at her, he hoped she felt the same way.

"What say you to this union Lord Elrond, for I know that she is your niece." Lindar asked. He waited for both of them to react to what he had said.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 19, 2007 11:38
Narluin looked at Lindar in askance. She had never thought that it would come to that so soon. Elrond glanced at the both of them, appraising the situation. He folded his hands together and said in a low voice, "Narluin, you know my mind after our last conversation about this, but I am of the belief that even my opinions can change." With a smile, he placed his hands on both of theirs. "We need to be merry about something in the midst of darkness for I know that there is darkness that is about to overcome us yet again. I know not when, but it will come."

A bright smile lifted the corners of Narluin's mouth even though she worried at her uncle's warning. "I consent," was all she said before slipping her hand out of Lindar's and walking towards the door. "Hannon le," Narluin added to Elrond. She opened the door and went out into the corridor, happier than she had ever been but worrying at the same time.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2007 01:31
Lindar smiled when Naluin consented. He turned when she left and wanted to follow her, but he thought that maybe she wanted to still think about it alone.
Lindar bowed to Elrond then quickly left.

When he came to his room he opened the door and saw Bragolan reading. "Bragolan! I have great news!" Lindar said with a smile.
Bragolan placed the book and down and looked up at Lindar.
"What would that news be?" Bragolan asked.
"Narluin and I are to be wed!" Lindar exclaimed.

Bragolan was shocked by the news for a second, then he jumped up and slapped his brother on the back.
"Wonderful news! You'll finally be settling down." Bragolan said with a smile.
Lindar nodded. "She is the most beautiful maiden I have ever seen. I love her so much." Lindar said.

A tear came to Bragolan's eye. He remembered when Lindar was wild and afraid, attacking and almost killing people.

"They said that the only escape I had was death, and they wouldn't even give me that. The leader beat me, and always said that I would have to kill my own before I was free."

"The Southrons!!! They told me I would never escape unless I killed my own kind, they told me that everyday I was in their possestion. Maybe thats what happened, maybe I don't even have to think about it to attack someone."

"I almost killed my own brother, the only one that cares for me, I almost killed him!"

Bragolan looked at his brother, he had changed completely from what he had been before. Bragolan was so proud of Lindar, he was growing up to be a strong Elf.

(Just so you know, the phrases I took from earlier in the story, so that it could be like he was thinking of the way Lindar had been before.)
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 27, 2007 11:40
Narluin made her way along the corridor until it led out into the courtyard that lay beneath her window. The pulsing of the waterfall soothed her tumultuous thoughts. But the elf had sensed something wrong with her uncle when he had spoken to her. Her suspicions were confirmed when an elf summoned her back to the throne room.

Elrond sat in his throne, grasping the arms of the chair rigidly. "What is it, Uncle?" Narluin asked, bowing her head but speaking with concern.

"I have a message for you to take to Lorien immediately," the lord responded, handing Narluin a scroll with a wax seal. "You are the only one I trust enough to make the journey. Go now, and worry not about Lindar. I will speak to him."

"But..." Narluin began but faltered. There was nothing she could do. If it was that important to Elrond that she go, then she would. "I shall see you soon then. What is this about, might I ask?"

"Galadriel will enlighten you eventually. I promise. Safe journey."

Confused but obedient, Narluin went to the stables, tacked up Arden, and the grey horse sprung into a gallop into the woods, bound southeast for Lothlorien.

(Sorry this is kind of abrupt, but I thought we needed a change of pace.)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2007 06:02
(I agree that we needed something to happen. I suppose Lindar will be going to meet Elrond)

Lindar was watching from his balcony when he saw Narluin rush out on horseback. Lindar's first reaction was to follow her, but then there was a knock at the door and an elf told him that Lord Elrond had summoned him.
Lindar nodded and then quickly made his way to meet with Elrond.

When he walked into the room he bowed, then shifted nervously, what would this be about?
"Lord Elrond, have you summoned me here because I asked to marry your niece?" Lindar asked. Then he became upset ebcause he thought that Elrond did not trust him.

"I would take good care of her my lord, I would not do anything that would indanger us and I would let her have whatever she wanted. Why do you not trust me? My past is behind me now." Lindar said. He hoped that Elrond had not changed his mind about them now.
<< First678910Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email