Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First56789Last >>
Author Topic:
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Sapphire Skies Among the Darkness. (Everyone Welcome!!)
on: January 01, 2007 06:26
Arnarel broke off from the group and took Mirelwen straight to the LAst Homely House, looking for Lord Elrond and Lord Glorfindel. He ran into the twins and they asked no questions, just went to get their father. Arnarel took Mirelwen up the staircase to her room and laid her down gently. Then, he retrieved a blanket from the wardrobe on the other soide of the room. Once he was done, he went to find her father.
" HAs anyone in this house seen the LOrds Elrond or Glorfindel?!" He yelled exasperatedly to no one in particular, running as he did so.Where are they? He sighed and headed for the gardens outside, coming from the library where he could normally find them. He wasin the gardens when he saw the outline of an Elf with hgolden hair. Finally, he thought as he approached Glorfindel, telling him of his daughter as well.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2007 10:39
(( I will get my char and her compainions in the other group up to the rest.))

Bain was shocked when the rest of the group arrived and barely stopped long enough for Bain to get the ill elleth on her horse and the other one to get on their horse as well.

By the time Lidar announced that Imladris was in sight Bain was exausted but pushed both her self and her mare to finish what she had started.

When the arrived there were many unkown elves around. Bain spoke firmly, "I need to get this elleth to a healing area and my mare needs a good rub down we have not stoped in many hours."

She handed the elleth down to a ellon and slide down herself.

She took the elleth back and followed an ellon who lead her to the last homely house. Not that she know it was that.

Just moments later an ellon entered. He went right to the unconsious elleth and began treating her. Bain spoke not at all this ellon was using methods she had never seen before. After some time he stopped and looked at Bain, "I am gald you brought her here. If you had not her most likely would soon be dead. I understand that I have more guests who are looking for me. Please come with me."

As they left the room the ellon continued,"I am Elrond, I believe it was you that kept the elleth alive."

Bain stopped walking her shock was written on her fact, " Lord Elrond, I have long thought to travel here and meet you. As a healer from Lothlien you are held in very high respect by the best healers there"

They then continued to walk back to the public areas.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2007 04:42
Lindar walked down the hallways of Elronds home.
Bragolan and Lindar had been given a room in which to stay, but Lindar could not sleep.
"I wonder if I should let her know how I feel?" Lindar thought.
He walked out and sat down on some stairs.
He then saw Narluin standing outside, she seemed to be waiting for someone, and she was alone.
Lindar took in a deep breath. "This is as good a time as any to tell her." Lindar whispered. He lifted his eyes to the stars and said a quick prayer to the Valar, then stood and wlaked over to her.
"Hello Narluin." Lindar said, he felt so nervous.
He closed his eyes and took in a breath, he felt like he couldn't breath.
"Narluin, I want to tell you...well I..." Lindar started, but it wasn't coming out the way he wanted.
Then he lost his nerve when she looked at him. "I must be wasting your time, I'm sure you want to visit with your uncle. I had better go." Lindar said quickly, then he turned and left.

He didn't stop walking until he was in the library. It was dark and quiet in the library.
Lindar leaned against the wall and breathed in deeply. "Why couldn't I tell her?" Lindar said angrily. He wanted to kick himself.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2007 10:46
Arnarel had been in the library when someone walked in. He was reading in a corner of the room, where two bookcases met, forming a hide away. No one could see, unless you came around the corner and walked in there. He heard Lindar and quietly sat the book on the floor and walked out.
" What could you not tell, Lindar. I am here if you need someone to speak with. If I am intruding, let me know and I will go, but maybe I can help you with your troubles." He looked at Lindar uncertainly, and started for the balcony, but looked back at the Elf, unsure of whether to stay or take leave. He then went back to where the book was, picked it up, and went out on the balcony, and cracked the door open slightly. Once outside, he sat on the railing, his legs folded under him as he balanced and started to read in the moonlight.Someone moving below caught his attention. It was one of the females with whom he had traveled with. He tried to put the name to her face. Ahh, that is it, Narluin. Then Arnarel understood what Lindar had been so upset about.[/i]Young love,[i] he thought,[/i] there is nothing more wondrous and torturous in all of the lands of Arda.[i] He silently chuckled as he recalled two certain persons who thought they were attracted, but it went disastrously astray. One silver tear slid down his face as he recalled his brother falling for one Elf, then she left shortly after, being caught in evil and could not escape.
"I will never forget the day Celebhiril left him on Arda and sailed to the Undying Lands." He sighed the whole sentence out, so it was barely audible and incomprehensible.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2007 02:29
Lindar was surprised to find out he was not alone.
He listened to what he had to say, but couldn't speak.
Lindar didn't want to talk about it, because if word got out, she might find out and be hurt by it.
"No, this is something that I cannot tell." Lindar said, he stayed in the library for the rest of the night.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 03, 2007 07:59
Narluin watched Lindar walk away with a sense of wonder. Why had he seemed nervous to tell her what it was he wanted to say? She shook her head and made her way to her room. Elrond would summon her when he required her; she had sent word ahead that she would arrive. A long time alone in her room was what she needed. Her footsteps led her through the deserted corridors to the oaken door that was the entrance to her chambers. It opened without hesitation when Narluin pressed her hand against it. She walked in and closed the door softly.

Immediately the sound of the rushing waterfall outside her window came to her ears. Narluin sighed contentedly; here was where she was supposed to be. A cool breeze blew through the open window. Her heart lifted, and the elf stiffened her resolve to tell Lindar when the opportunity arose. She glanced at her face in a crystal mirror that hung beside the window. Her beauty was hardly undiminished with the rough look of travel that others usually had when returning home. The thought that she would be compared to Arwen when she left the room caused Narluin to turn her face away from the mirror. It happened often; many thought the two looked alike, but it was always Narluin compared to Arwen, not Arwen to her. There were no feelings of jealously for that, just agitation.

Tired of wearing traveling clothes, Narluin sought for something else to wear. A blue-grey gown caught her eye. The color was reminiscent of the sea. She put the gown on, and it fit her perfectly. She took her hair down from its plait and let it loose around her shoulders. The elf placed a silver coronet around her brow and checked her reflection again. Certainly presentable enough for her uncle when he summoned her. Meanwhile, Narluin had the urge to walk again, and she soon left her room, her destination a garden that overlooked the waterfall.

The sound soothed her anxious feelings as her thoughts started to race through her mind yet again. Would Lindar find her? Would he want to talk to her again? Could she reveal her feelings to him? Narluin brooded over these things, and many more, as she waited to speak to Elrond.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2007 10:26
Arnarl did not move from his perch, until he heard the unearthly scream that filled all of Imladris it seemed. He jumped up when he realized it came from the wing of the house that Mirelwen's room was in.[/i]If anything happened to her, neither one of them would forgive me,[i] He thought as he raced through the house to her room. HE was thinking of her father and her love, who had asked him to watch over her on the journey back from MOrdor and Harad.[/i]Please be alright do not be hurt more. I hope she did not try to sit on the balcony as we tend to do.[i] At these new thoughts running through his mind, he went faster and then reached her room. Arnarel sighed with relief when he saw that Lord Elrond had simply been treating her wounds and he had used his special liquid that gave strength, the will to live, and it gave spirit. When you struggled, it made your chest burn as if Mount Doom were resting in your lungs. She never cooperated, ven unconcious.
Arnarel went over to take over the duties, so that Elrond could summon his niece.
" I will take care of her, you go visit with your niece, I will also get a message to Mirkwood, summoning her beloved. I am sure he will want news of the trip, and to see her. When I took her there, he was out hunting and I was told he would not be back for a while. In which case, the Lord will be back, lest she go and forget him. They have not met for nigh on three years, I think neither should suffer from the distance any longer." HE looked at Lord Elrond,hoping he had not gained disapproval o been too hasty, but Elrond just smiled and took his leave of the young ones, after showing Arnarel what to do.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2007 03:17
Lindar left the library after a long time.
He walked to the room that he shared with his brother. "Ah, there you are Lindar. I was begining to worry about you." Bragolan said with a smile.
Lindar didn't respond to what he had said, Bragolan walked over to him. "Something wrong?" Bragolan asked. "No, nothing is wrong." Lindar said. He walked out onto the balcony.
Bragolan laid down on the bed, he knew what was bothering his brother.
Then suddenly he heard a loud scream. Both brothers looked towards the direction of which it came. Lindar's first thought was if Narluin was alright.
"Sounds like it came from a room nearby, I'll go and see what is wrong." Bragolan said. He quickly made his way out.
Lindar wondered if he should go also, but decided to stay.
He looked out at the beauty of Rivendell, then he spotted a garden and a maiden was walking through it.
Lindar's mouth dropped opened when he realized it was Narluin.
He felt his heart leap, and he knew he could hide his feelings no longer.
Lindar quickly made his way to the garden.
"Narluin?" Lindar said. When she looked at him he couldn't believe how beautiful she was. He thought her beautiful in her travel clothes, but in the gown she seemed to glow with even more beauty.
"Narluin, I came to tell you what I couldn't before." Lindar started. He took in a breath. "I love you Narluin. You probably think it is wrong of me to express such feelings when you might not feel the same, but I cannot hide it any longer." Lindar said. Then he took her hand and kissed it gently.
Then he just held her hands and waited for her response, he expected the worst.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 05, 2007 05:39
Narluin looked at Lindar in surprise. "You.." she started then faltered. Never before had she been lost for words. "Then you share my feelings?" Her gaze strayed to their joined hands. A smile lit the elf's face, and she led Lindar towards the waterfall. "A beautiful sight, is it not?" Her heart was in her eyes as they met Lindar's.

But other thoughts crossed Narluin's mind, and a shadow crossed her face. Still keeping hold of Lindar's hands, she fell silent. Droplets from the waterfall flecked her face, but she didn't care. She remembered Liniawe, Lindar's first love. What about her? Please Varda, Narluin prayed, please let this be real and not a jest.
She closed her eyes and waited until a voice snapped her out of her reverie.

[Edited on 1/5/2007 by Dinenlasse]
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2007 04:48
Bain was not surprised when Lord Elrond went into another room and treated another elleth. She was a tad surpised when he had give care of the elleh over to Arnarel, she thought his name was.

As they continued their walk Lord Elrond spoke, "I have been remiss in my host duties you need to be shown and room, not taken from sick room to sick room." When she would have objected her smiles slightly, "even healers must rest or they become pateints."

With that a servant showed up and guilded Bain to a room. Once there she cleaned up and rested bit before going for a walk around the house.

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2007 11:25
Lindar saw the shadow cross Narluin's face.
He cupped his hand on her chin and lifted it so she would look at him. "Is something wrong? Are you angry at what I have said?" Lindar asked. He felt sadness leak into his heart, maybe she didn't like him as he had hoped.
Then he heard a voice beside him, but he almost didn't want to take his eyes off Narluin, she seemd to be worried about something.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 08, 2007 07:59
(If you don't mind, Elfalas and tawar, I am going to have Elrond leave the sick bay and summon Narluin now.)

"No, it is nothing," Narluin said, stepping away from Lindar and looking out into the waterfall. She couldn't let him see the pain in her eyes. "And it was nothing at all that you said. It is just...other things."

An elf came into the courtyard and announced, "Lord Elrond will see you now, Lady Narluin."

She looked around, startled. "Where?"

"In the throne room. You are to come alone," he said, giving Lindar a meaningful glance.

Narluin nodded in acknowledgment, and the elf left. "I must go to my uncle now. But perhaps I will see you later on?" A weak smile lit her face, and then the fair elf swept by Lindar and into the dwelling where her footsteps took her to the throne room where Elrond awaited her.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2007 12:15
Lindar watched her as she left. He knew something was wrong for she was not acting like herself, she seemed uncomfortable.
Lindar walked back to his room, he was glad to have told her how she felt but he couldn't understand her reaction. "At first she seemed happy, then she seemed sad." Lindar whispered.

When he came to his room he laid down on his bed and stared at the wall. Bragolan came in a few minutes later. "The scream was nothing. Someone was being tended to." Bragolan said. Then he saw the look on his brother's face, and he knew it well. "Did you speak with Narluin?" Bragolan asked. "Yes." Lindar said, his voice was very soft. "What did she say?" Bragolan said. "Nothing really, but she seemed sad." Lindar said. "I warned you that she might not feel the same way towards you." Bragolan said. "I know, but I had to tell her." Lindar said, he sat up and brushed his black hair out of his face.
Bragolan walked over and put his hand on Lindar's shoulder. "Don't worry. It might hurt for a while but you will get over it." Bragolan said. "But she did not tell me no, I am just confused." Lindar said. "Maybe you should speak with her again sometime." Bragolan said. Lindar nodded.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 09, 2007 07:50
“Narluin,” Elrond murmured, walking forward as she entered the room alone. He embraced her as she stepped quietly over the cold stones and pressed his lips to her forehead. “It is about time you returned to Imladris.”

“I know, Uncle,” Narluin replied, bowing her head respectively and stepping back. “But it was not of my own will I came back here, and you know that. It was the girl that lay injured who was in need of your healing skill and so brought my companions and me here.”

Elrond nodded. “And what companions you have brought here as well,” the elven lord commented, sitting on his throne and indicating that Narluin should sit as well. The lady did so in a chair that was nearby.

Narluin cocked her head and frowned. “I beg your pardon? Is there something wrong with them?” she asked, knowing full well where the conversation was going to head.

“Not at all,” Elrond replied, shaking his head emphatically. “On the contrary, I am happy that they are among us. But word has come to me that you have given your heart to one of them.”

Narluin remained silent, no emotion flickering across her stony face.

Elrond continued. “The one called Lindar, I’ve been told, has attracted your attention and you his. I would advise you against such things.”

“And why is that?” Narluin inquired calmly.

Elrond hung his head sadly. “It would bode ill for you if you love him, Narluin. There is a darkness in his past, and he has loved one before. Nothing can come of this.”

“All this I know already without your prophesying, Uncle. His mind was not always right, but I can tell you that it is now, and he is one of my greatest friends,” Narluin said, raising her head high.

“I am not saying that he isn’t a good friend. What I am saying is that he could relapse, and it would be you that could be harmed. I do not want that for you, not after what happened to your father,” Elrond said, melancholy heavy in his voice.

“I know that you tried to dissuade my father from going to Dagorlad, but in truth, what could you have done? Do not blame yourself now; what’s past is past. But I haven’t had any misgivings about him, and I would know if there was something wrong. And I understand that you want the best for me; you always have. I am forever grateful that you have treated me as a daughter, but it is time that you let me try things for myself in this aspect of my life. I might hurt myself, but perhaps that is the best way to learn, even if I am older than most here in Middle-Earth.” Narluin placed her hand on top of her uncle’s and squeezed it gently. “Do not worry about me. I will be fine.”

Elrond tucked a stray lock of hair behind Narluin’s ear and leaned forward and kissed her forehead. “Then I hope for you the best.” The subject of the conversation turned to other things.

But unbeknownst to the pair, another had been listening in to the conversation, hovering right outside the door with their ear pressed against the keyhole.

(Elfmaiden, I thought that Lindar could be at the door, but that is up to you.)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2007 09:27
(Sounds good Dinenlasse)

Lindar sat down after hearing what was said. He didn't know why he had stopped at the door, he had just been wandering around then heard them talking. A smile brightened Lindar's face. "She loves me." Lindar whispered. He felt the urge to rush in and hig her, but he knew they were busy talking and he would have to wait until later.
Lindar walked back down the hall that led to his room. He had tried to fall asleep but couldn't, thats why he had been walking around.
Then he walked into his room and went straight the the balcony and looked out over Rivendell. Bragolan stirred, then woke. "What have you been doing?" Bragolan asked as he lay on the bed.
"I found out that my dear Narluin loves me." Lindar said. His eyes had a dreamy look. Bragolan smiled. "I am glad for you brother." Bragolan said simply, then he laid back down and fell asleep.
Lindar however could not sleep that night but continued to look out at the beauty of Rivendell, and his thoughts were always on Narluin. He planned to meet with her tomorrow in private, so they could talk alone. "I love you my dear Narluin." Lindar whispered into the wind.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2007 03:34
Arnarel had sent a message with Narfaroth to the stables to fing a messenger willing to go to Mirkwood to inform Mirelwen's long time friend and love of her condition, urging him to hasten to Imladris with all speed, for she had been asking for him in her unconcious state of mind. "Hold on, mellon nin. Word has been sent, we simply wait for the arrival of him." HE looked at her and smiled, seeing her face lose some of the lines and signs of pain. Arnarel sat on the chair by her bed and thought of the Elf with whom she had spent so much time with. They were close, and shared a bond very deep and loving. They were understanding and could communicate without words, simply using looks.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 10, 2007 05:35
Narluin took leave of her uncle eventually and returned to her room. A warm gentle wind blew through the open window, and the elf was immediately at ease. She stepped outside, and the sound of the waterfall greeted her like an old friend. Her heart was lighter than it had been in a long time. All the moment needed to make it perfect was Lindar, but he was probably asleep. Narluin sighed happily; she had someone to love, and Elrond had given his approval. Could things get any better? But, the shadow crossed her mind’s eye. What about Liniawe? There was still that unanswered question. Narluin gripped the balcony rail tightly in anguish. She would speak with Lindar on the morrow if he were around; it needed to be done. “Lindar,” she mouthed into the open air. A full moon hung over the quiet dwellings of Imladris, its silver light shining onto the waterfall, turning each droplet of water into a shimmering gem. What a beautiful sight, Narluin thought. She would never leave her home again if she could help it; this was where she belonged.

The next morning, Narluin woke up to the slate grey clouds that indicated rain. There was a heaviness in the air but not overly oppressive. It was slightly cool; the elf changed into a forest green gown with silver embroidery that fell to the floor. She drew her traveling cloak around her shoulders and left her room to wander. Her footsteps led her to her other favorite place in Imladris, a ledge that overlooked the dizzying drop the waterfall had carved away as it plunged underground. From here she could just see a misty rainbow that would appear on sunny days, but not this morning. Her thoughts began their usual tumultuous race; Narluin could not keep one straight thought, but that was to be expected after what had just happened within the past few days. She seated herself upon a stone bench that was near the edge, and she closed her eyes and let herself wander.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2007 06:24
Lindar walked outside, he was thinking of what to say when he saw Narluin. Then he saw her sitting alone, her eyes were closed.
He walked over and sat next to her. He slipped his hand in her's, and she was startled out of her thoughts. "I'm sorry, did I frighten you?" Lindar asked.

He sat there for a minute, then decided to tell her. "I overheard you speaking with Lord Elrond last night." Lindar started. "I can't believe you said all those things in spite of Lord Elrond's arguements." Lindar said, he smiled slightly. He could see that something was still bothering her. "You worry about the one I loved before." Lindar said.
"I did love her Narluin, but...I love you Narluin. You helped me through that stage in my life, when I was just ready to die and be with Linaiwe again, but you showed me there was still something to live for. My brother, and now my true love." Lindar said as he looked into her eyes. "You maybe don't trust me, but I do love you." Lindar said. The he kissed her on the cheek and rose to leave. Then he extended his hand out to her. "Why don't we go and get something to eat. I'm sure they will be waiting for us." Lindar said. He hoped she trusted what he had said, he really did love her and nothing would sway him.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2007 10:43
Arnarel was awaiting word from the Prince of MIrkwood. As he sat in the tree, he was aware of two beings whose souls attracted so. He got up from his perch in the tree above them and silently jumped to the next tree and rested in it. After a few hours, he heard a healer under the tree who sounded very distraught." Miss, you should not even be crossing the room, and you are out here?! Lady, come back inside please. If they found out, I shall be skinned, and you will follow in my wake." " You worry too much, I happen to know this is his favorite tree, I am just sitting here on this bench. there is no harm, for I have not Moved the dislocated nor have I been on the broken. I used the crutch and my arm has stayed in the sling. As for feeling, I am fine. You do not know how well the spirit lifting liquid works. It makes wounds close, rids the body of poison, and restores all you have lost, however, some wounds run all too deep. The ones where you have been in utter despair, and cannot hold onto memories. You wish to seek the eternal sleep, then visit the Halls. Wounds that run this deep, never fully heal, I know, for I have had many." These last words she barely whispered. Arnarel jumped from the tree and ran to the bench where Mirelwen rested. Her eyes were haunted and sunken almost, they held no light. Her eyes were similar to chasms. " MIrelwen? are you alright?" She looked at him and smiled, but her eyes did not change."I will be fine, do not worry. By tomorrow I shall be able to walk to our waterfall. That is, mine and Legolas'. He will be coming soon, will he not?" She looked at him and her face loosened a little as she thought of her love. " Yes, but the twain are here and wish to see you, now. As does Lord Elrond. Come on." Arnarel took her hand, but let it drop as he realized she was unconscious. He picked her up and hastened to her room, taking the back way and going secretively, so as not to meet her father or Elrond. Once at her room, he was blocked by the twins. Elladan took Mirelwen and laid her gently on the bed. Elrohir grabbed Arnarel's arm and squeezed it tightly." Where have you two been? Father and Glorfindel have searched everywhere, and both have the angry eyebrows!" Elladan overdid it by demonstrating and using gestures to further it. All of them started giggling and falling over themselves with laughter.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2007 02:02
Bain laughed with the rest. when she recovered she spoke.
"I believe that were planning to be angry with you when they found you. That is why they sent me here, when it is appearent that they dont need yet another healer."

Her eyes had followed Elladan as he workd on the elleth. There was no doubting him a solid haeler.

Then she looked at Arnarel, "though if the looks on Lord Elrond and Glorfindel's faces are anything to go by, you may need a haeler soon."
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 15, 2007 05:36
Narluin was surprised that Lindar had happened to overhear her conversation with Elrond. She didn’t want to know why he had been near the throne room in the first place, and it probably didn’t matter anyway. All that mattered was that they were together alone, at least for now. She held onto his hand and replied, “I believe you are right; your brother and my uncle especially might wonder as to where we got to.” A heady gust lifted her hair and blew it around her shoulders. It was beginning to get colder. “It would be wise if we went inside. Rain shall soon begin to fall; it wouldn’t be good to be caught in it.”

The pair walked down from the ledge and into Narluin’s dwelling. They were silent for a while, each lost in their own thoughts, but the elf spoke up again as they neared the infirmary. “How is the girl we brought here, by the way? I haven’t heard much in the way of her condition.” As much as Narluin wanted to reveal exactly was on her mind (more than just the whole Linaiwe issue), she wasn’t one to show her feelings often. She fell silent as they strode along.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2007 10:33
Arnarel was outside in the garden that he and friends shared and called a home to some extent. when he heard someone come to the tree which he was sitting in and tell him someoner was arriving and Lord Elrond wished him to go greet them. He jumped form his perch and ran to the gates, but stumbled and stuttered when he saw who was there. "How did you get here so soon? I did not send word only a few days ago." Legolas dismounted and went to Arnarel's side."I was already half way here, on a suprise visit. I got word yesterday and we did not stop riding until I reached our destination." He looked at his horse and went to her side and told her to go to the stables. She trotted off, leaving the two friends alone. "Can I go and see her now? If not, I shall wait until I can." He looked at Arnarel with a questioning gaze." Right now she is unconcious and resting. Elladan tended to her and I am now hiding from Lord Elrond and Glorfindel. If you wish to join me, be my guest. I think Elladan and Elrohir will join me shortly." As Arnarel finished this, the twins burst out of the bushes to the right of them." Hide with us, father found us a short way from her room and suspect that we 'kidnapped the injured under his care, wich will be severlty punished'". They quoted Elrond's words together, not missing a beat. Legolas looked around and sighed. Can I come here once without having to hide form someone? Once without having to be swept into some sceme? I guess not. "Come on, the usual spot, no one ever looks there, even though it is right in the open". They headed for the usual spot, and form the looks of the full packs the twins carried, the Lords were very angry and their packs had food, water and extra clothing. It was going to be a while before they would be back, and they could get fresh meat, all of them carried their weapons.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2007 09:17
Bain would have liked nothing better then to leave with Elladan and Elrohir but she was not asked and it was an honer to watch and learn from such highly respected healer.

Bain's only concern was that both Lord Elrond and Glofindel both cared for this elleth far beyond a normal for healer.

After the healing was done Bain spoke softly to them"you both care very deeply for this elleth. Are you sure that does not cloud your judgement on some points."

She had heard the comment about other kidnapping the elleth and seen their anger at her not being there.

Lord Elrond looked at her "tell me young healer, how did she leave if she was not kidnapped?"

Bain looked at him,"My Lord Elrond, I have no idea how she left I was not here and as near as I can tell niehter where you. I only know that the ellon who brought her back carried her in and that he cares for her a good deal."

He looked at Bain for a few minutes, "you are right we dont know who took her out of this room. But when we find out the punishment will be severe."

At that point Bain said her goodbyes and left the room.

She walked thourgh the gardens and along the stream, it was very pieceful here.

She walks slowly not really concerned about were to go. Seh wandered the paths. Well out of site of the house but still a nice peacefull place.

She is shocked when she walks in to a clearing full of aquantances and a newcomer.

She smiled, "I hope i have not barged in on some private meeting."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2007 02:29
Lindar looked over at her. "I'm not sure, haven't heard much of her since we got here." Lindar said.
Then they saw Legolas and Arnarel speaking together. "Looks like they're talking about something important, we should leave them." Lindar said, and he walked passed them.

Then the two of them finally arrived at the dining hall. Lindar sat down next to his brother who seemed to be almost finished. "May I ask what took you so long to get here?" Bragolan asked. Lindar looked down at the food on his plate. Bragolan just smiled. "I see you two have been talking." Bragolan said with a smirk. Lindar glared at Bragolan, he did not want the world to know, and now he was even unsure. He wasn't sure that Narluin loved him.
Bragolan kept smiling at Lindar and Narluin when he looked up.
Eventually Lindar felt very embarrssed because he didn't know if she loved him anymore. Lindar jumped up and rushed out.
Rain was pouring down, Lindar got wet almost instantly.
He ran until he came to the place where he had told Narluin that he loved her. Then he sat down and looked at the waterfall in front of him. "Why can't I do anything right? I'm sure Narluin doesn't love me, and she must think me a terrible person for sharing such feelings." Lindar said to himself, then he broke down and wept.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2007 03:33
Arnarel smiled and waved her over to them. "You can jion, if you wish. You cannot tell anyone that we are here. You must promise this." HE looked at her very seriously and his eyes held a pleading look. Legolas walked over to Bain and gently pushed Arnarel out of the way."Do not mind him, he is overly dramatic. We are hunting and hiding, for they are in trouble as I gather. The yare keeping from Lord Elrond and Mirelwen's father, Glorfindel. I was simply swept into this, I arrived only a few moments ago. My name is Legolas, forgive me for not introducing myself." He looked at her and bowed to her , showing respect ot her. "We need to move t oour spot now, before someone else finds us, that I do not wish to meet just yet." Elladan looked around at the company and made for some horses that they had brought with them.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 19, 2007 04:39
Narluin, concerned for Lindar, followed him outside until they were in front of the waterfall. She heard him weeping and fell down beside him. She didn't catch his words, but she tried to comfort him anyways. "What is wrong?" Narluin asked, taking his hand in hers and squeezing it gently. "Is it something I said or is something Bragolan did. Please tell me." Her blue eyes locked onto his, and she told him with her heart that she loved him, even if she hadn't said it out loud.

They sat there in the rain, hand-in-hand, but Narluin didn't know how to say what she wanted to say. There really were no words to describe it; maybe his answer could help her, but she didn't know.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2007 10:08
Lindar looked up at her, he brushed his soaking wet, black hair out of his face. "I thought I had offended you by sharing my feelings. Ever since I told you that I loved you, you seemed far from me. I'm sorry." Lindar said. He looked down at the river of rain water rushing by his feet. Lindar felt this moment was like the moment when he told her why he had almost killed his brother in Mirkwood, she could coax things out of him. Her gaze held his, he loved her, that was all he could think about.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 20, 2007 03:10
Narluin was startled. She squeezed his hand more urgently and replied, "Never did I think that you offended me, Lindar. I just have many things on my mind. Worry not; I love you as much as I think you love me, even if I never said it before." She leaned forward and pressed her lips to his gently.

Shock overcame her, and Narluin stood and fled, embarrassed at what she had done. Never had she done something that impulsive before. Her steps took her to underneath eaves that hung from a dwelling. There the elf halted and stood shivering beneath the overhang. Why had she done that? Now Lindar must think her a common scullery maid, not an elf. Narluin pulled her cloak tightly around her and turned her face to the wall, ashamed at her wantoness, or so it seemed to her.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2007 11:50
Bain smiled and bowed to Legolas, "I would like to go along if you dont mind the company of a mere warden and a limited experince healer." Bain know that this was of group of freinds but was a ware of the fact that for the most part they were lords or the like in their own righs.

Bain looked at the others before looking back at Legolas. "They speak the truth about Lord Elrond and Glorfindel the are both very upset with him. I tried to be logical with them and they nearly bit my head off as well."

Bain looked over the group. "At least you had the sence to come fully armed." Bain carried ony her dager at the moment.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2007 10:21
Legolas laughed gently, looking at her as he did so. "Yes, those two have been known to be overly angy in slight situations. I understand that Mirelwen is not good. Before we head for the spot, may we go and check on her?" His eyes held a pained look and his voice became soft. elrohir looked at Legolas andsighed."Yes, I will risk my life as well as my brother's and Arnarel's so that we may let you see your love." Elladan snickered and looked at Legolas, but quickly shut his mouth when he saw the look Legolas gave him. "We will go in the back way, so no one will see us. Shall we go now?" Arnarel looked around and he got on his horse, offering Bain a seat behind him. The others followed suit, and they went off to the house, riding fastly. When they reached the house, Legolas ran in and went to her room. "Mirelwen, are you with me or unconcious?" He looked at her and was suprised to se her turn towards him. "Legolas, I have been waiting for you. It has been long, too long." He sighed and smiled quickly crossing the room to her and he sat on the bed, grabbing her hand and holding it gently. "I have missed you, for I stayed away far too long. I sholud have never left you." his eyes were pain filled to see her hurt like this. " It does not hurt that badly, I do not feel the pain. Lord elrond keeps that liquid in me, the soul strengthening one. Without it, I would have gone on the road here, but Arnarel had some with him." She looked at him and squeezed his hand as best as she could. " I heard you were up this morning. That was foolish, for you shall wear your strength down and not be able to dance, walk, or ride with me. That would not be very good." He looked down and smiled into her face, gently kissing her and giving her a hug, for she had went unconcious. He stayed for awhile until Arnarel came and told ihm they had to leave. He shook his head, looking down at Mirelwen's troubled face." I thnik I shall stay here with her, you go ahead." He looked at Arnarel and bowed his head.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2007 11:12
Bain's healer instinct had compeled her to go with Arnarel. She related to the pain in the ellon' eyes.

She gave him an encouaging smile. " I understand your pain and your fear of losing her. Stay close by her. Take care that Lord Elrond and Glofindel do not decide to blame you for some thing that you did not do."

Then she added even though it was needless to say it," there is no place on the good earth that she has a better chance of willing her battle."

She bowed her head and followed Arnarel back out. She had taken the time to go to her room and get her sword. Feeling any thing else would have drawn attension.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2007 02:11
Lindar sat there, he was surprised by the kiss but not angry in the least.
He stood and wanted to follow her ut then Bragolan grabbed his arm. "Brother! I have news!" Bragolan said, he smiled brightly. "Come, we can discuss it inside, it is too wet out here." Bragolan said. "I would rather be out here." Lindar said, his eyes searching for Narluin.
Bragolan nodded. "We can return home next week!" Bragolan said happily. The news hit Lindar like a ton of bricks. "Home? You mean Lothlorien?" Lindar asked. "Yes, of course! You will finally come home after all those years." Bragolan said.
Lindar breathed in deeply and thought about this. "I can't go." Lindar said. "What do you mean?" Braolgan asked.
"I can't go, I would rather stay here." Lindar said.
Bragolan nodded his head, he knew why. "I will unpack my things then." Bragolan said as he turned. "You don't have to stay on account of me." Lindar said.
Bragolan turned back to him. "I lost you once, I am not losing you again. Maybe we can go home together one day, all of us." Bragolan said. Lindar knew he was referring to Narluin as well.
Lindar walked over and hugged his brother. Bragolan nodded and walked away.

Lindar took his time to look for Narluin. When he found her she was crying. He turned her around.
He really didn't know what to say, it was a surprise that she kissed him but it wasn't like he didn't feel the same way, he loved her and that would not be changed, or at least thats what he hoped. He just wanted to hold her in his arms forever.
"I think I must go now, for my brother will be looking for me. Why don't you come along, I cannot leave you out here, all cold and wet." Lindar said with a smile. He took her hand and led her back inside.

"There you both are. come you must get into dry clothes." Bragolan said. He grabbed Lindar's arm and led him to their room so he could get into some dry clothes.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 22, 2007 12:43
Narluin shuddered with the bone-chilling cold that coursed through her body. Brushing aside her damp hair, she hurried back to her room. Rain pounded on the roof of her dwelling as she tossed off her sodden gown and changed into a green tunic and breeches. She plaited her dark hair and threw on a thick cloak that warmed her immensely. Narluin closed her eyes for a moment and sighed happily. She wanted to remain here forever, but something told her that she was about to leave Imladris yet again but would return soon enough.

She strode out of her room and made her way to the stables. Hood up, Narluin entered to the warm smells of horses. Arden poked his head out of his stall and whinnied at his mistress. She went into his stall and stroked his mane, burying her face into his warm mane. "I am happier than I ever have been, boy," she whispered to him. "But there seems to be something wrong with Uncle and Glorfindel, or so it seems on their faces. What could it be?"

(Sorry about the ignorance, but I am assuming Narluin has no knowledge of what has happened.)
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2007 10:05
Legolas walked to the stables and saw a young woman in there. "Suliad, greetings. Forgive me if I am intruding, but I am to meet some friends and in need of my horse." He looked at her and then went to his horse, who whinnied and pawed the floor, wanting out. "Peace, you are leaving here now, we are going hunting." She looked at him and nickered, nudging his chest. He laughed and opened the door, letting her take off outside into the day. He chased after her, but let her go and stood at the door laughing at the horse. He turned to the Elf and smiled. "I heard you speak of Lord Elrond and Glorfindel. I know what troubles Glorfindel, for it troubles me also. The well being of Mirelwen, she is in fairly bad shape."His eyes became pained and he walked out of the stables, standing at the entrance.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2007 11:48
Bain went with Arnarel and the others. She knew that the house of elrond would be a bit estragned to her for a while so she chose to leave it for a nice quite time with her new freinds.

As quite as things got when you lived off the land but she was accustomed to that.

As they rode Bain enjoyed the beauty of the land and knew why it was well loved by those who were born here.
<< First56789Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email