Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Sapphire Skies Among the Darkness. (Everyone Welcome!!)
on: October 22, 2006 05:15
The two guards soon came outside and met with the evil elf again. "Did you do it without anyone finding out?" Their leader asked. "We were almost caught bacause of him, he almost gave us away!" The angry guard said as he pointed at the other guard. "We can't have people who are going to give us away." The leader elf said angrily. "Look, I want nothing to do with this, just let me go." The king guard said. "If we let you go you might tell them where we have hidden our captives, and we can't have that." The leader said. Then the angry guard came behind him and tied his hands. "Take him down to the dungeon as well." The leader said. The guard nodded and did so.
As he took him down the hall Bragolan saw them and ran over. "Whats going on here?" Bragolan asked. "This elf has been causing trouble." The angry guard said. "I don't believe that." Bragolan said. "You've got to help them sir! They're down in the dungeon!" The kind guard shouted before the other could stop him. The angry guard looked scared, he threw the other guard at Bragolan and sped off toward the dungeon. When he got there he quickly opened the dungeon door and grabbed them both. He tied their hands and covered their mouths. Lindar tried to get away but it was no use. The guard quickly ran them out a secret exit and brought them to his leader. "Whats going on here? Why did you bring them out here?" The leader asked. "Because they know sir, they found out." The guard said, he was out of breath. "Tie them up against that tree." The leader said. They were soon tied to the tree, two guards stood by them and pointed their swords at Bain's and Lindar's throats. "When they see what will happen to you they will surely give in and we shall destroy all of you." The leader said evily.
Bragolan pushed the elf off him. "You two go tell the king what is happening, I'm going to go and follow him." Bragolan said to the guard and Narluin. He could see that Narluin was upset at his decision. "Alright Narluin, you may join me but we must be careful. Our friend's lives are in their hands." Bragolan said, they quickly followed the path that the evil guard had taken. When they came to the dungeon Bragolan looked around. "So this is where they kept them." Bragolan said, then he turned back and found the secret exit which led them outside. "Well,well. Looks like we have some visitors. I wonder if you've come to see your friends?" The leader said, he moved out of the way and revealed Bain and Lindar. "Lindar!" Bragolan gasped. Then he turned back to the Leader, anger burned in his eyes. "How dare you do this, just because of one mistake...you are a horrible example of our race." Bragolan said angrily. The leader just laughed. "If you don't watch your words my friend then your firends may end up with swords in their throats." Leader said. Bragolan looked at the few guards he had. "Why have you followed him? You are all elves with good hearts so why throw your lives away?" Bragolan asked all the guards. The guards looked at him. "Stop, if you want to talk you talk to me." Leader said angrily. "Come back my brothers, be what you were before he came along. I can see you were all great warriors with a love for your land but now you have turned against your own kind as the Noldor did many years ago." Bragolan said, he could see the guards were now ashamed for what they were doing. "I said stop!" Leader shouted. Then he unsheathed his sword and swung it at Bragolan. Bragolan deflected the blow with his own sword. "If you want to fight you fight with me." Leader said. "With pleasure." Bragolan said, then he pushed him back. Leader jumped back up, the fight raged.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2006 01:00
(hopefully I can finish this before I have to leave. If not will post again tom)

Bain was totally paying attension to Lindar. She was shocked when the dorr can barging open. She drew her dagger and put turned it up and laid it beside her forarm. The gaurds were in such a hurry they did not notice.

After theywere pushed through the secret door and sat down by the tree Bain waited patiently for the right time to cut her bounds.

When the leader and Bragolan started talking there was not likely to be a better time. She cut her bounds but she knew if she moved she would have to get Lindar to go as well.

Now that they had gone to fighting the gaurds wered even more distracted so Bain cut Lindars bounds as well and nodded for him to go away from the elves into the trees were he could hide.

Bain wanted to let Bragolan knew what was going on but would not distract him or interfere with Lindar getting some distance away from these elves with swords.

(the best I could do with short time will fix typos tom)
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 23, 2006 07:40
Narluin looked with horror as the two elves fought. Crying angrily, she leapt in among them and grabbed their sword hands. "There is no need for this!" the fair elf exclaimed harshly. "Why do we see a need to fight amongst ourselves? There is a more terrible enemy among us, one darker than we can know. We need to stop feuding over trivial things and learn to get along. There is no pride or honor in such fighting. Enough is enough." Finishing her passionate tirade, Narluin stood between them, eyes blazing as she looked at the leader and then in turn to Bragolan. "Is this really necessary?"
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2006 08:16
Bragolan lowered his sword. "I am sorry, you speak truth Narluin." Bragolan said. Then he turned to the leader. "Will you come with me and speak to the king?" Bragolan asked. The leader seemed scared, but he nodded his head. "All of you must stand trial for what you've done but since you did not harm the captives I will plead for you not to get too harsh a punishment." Bragolan said. The guards nodded and followed Bragolan back to the kings court.
lindar came out, he was very happy to be free. "Is Bragolan alright?" Lindar asked Narluin. She nodded. Lindar smiled. "Well lets go and get something to eat." Lindar said with a smile, he was hungry after sitting in a little cell room.
(I'm going to be gone for a few days.)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 24, 2006 11:25
Narluin walked alongside Lindar, trying not to let her concern for him show or the relief that she felt now that he was safe.
As they sought out the dining hall, Narluin commented in a perfectly calm voice, "We are lucky that things turned out the way they did. What happened down there?" She clenched her fists in anger as she remembered the hatred that had been on the leader's face as he confronted Bragolan. It was lucky that the elf had stepped in when she did or the consequences could have been fatal.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2006 07:14
Nev watched the fight, just as she was about to pull out her wepon Narluin spoke...The two lowered their swords and Bragolan spoke, "You speak the truth Narluin."

Nevawen smlied at Lindar and Bain, she was glad that they were okay and no one had been hurt during all of this. Just then Nevawen remembered the girl lying in the room...the one that the gaurds had brought in...she remembered how she had said that she would find a way or a way to get a message to rivendell and tell Lord Elrond of her so he could help.

Nevawen smiled at the others as they rejoiced in having everyone safe again. She waited untill they were all done before she said anything to them about the girl that she had seen...
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2006 10:32
Lindar smiled as he ate. "The guard captured me, he hit me on the head when I wasn't looking thats what happened." Lindar explained. "I'm glad we found you when we did." Bragolan said. Then he noticed Nevawen seemed very quite. "Are you alright Nevawen? You look like you have something on your mind." Bragolan said.
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2006 11:34
Nevawen looked at the ground for a second, "Well...I kinda.... said that I would find a way to get to, or get a message to Lord Elrond, there is a girl...I saw them bring her in...she is very sick and they dont know what is wrong with her. They told me that she could not last for very much longer without help. So I was thinking that if I was the girl I would want someone to help me...ya know." Nev took a short breath and it caught in her chest. "I can go alone....if you guys do not wish to go. I know that it is short notice and....and...an..." Nevawen turned away for she feared that they would see her cry, she wiped her tears and quickly turned to face the others...."I just wanted to do the right thing..." she spoke softly.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2006 03:31
Bragolan smiled and put his hand on Nevawens shoulder. "I will follow you my friend. We have been traveling together for too long to split apart." Bragolan said. "I do not wish to go my brother, but if no one else will stay then I will go." Lindar said. "Will anyone else stay?" Bragolan asked.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 30, 2006 11:55
Narluin looked up from her meal. "There is nothing holding me here." She peered intently at Nevawen. "What manner of girl was this that is ill?" Unknowingly her thoughts turned to Lindar; she hoped that there wasn't more darkness about him that she didn't know. A chill caused her to shudder, and the fair elf stood abruptly. "Forgive me, I need air." Narluin left the room quickly and headed for a courtyard where she leaned against a tree. Her limbs trembled; her heart sped up. There was nothing to fear here, she told herself blatantly, but Narluin couldn’t shake the feeling of more evil to come.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2006 04:43
Bain was shocked to learn of some one in need of Lord Elronds healing.

Bain spoke softly but urgently, "has she been tended by a healer? Whats wrong with her? Its there anything another healer could do? Why have you with held infomation on some one in need of help?"

Bain stopped, she realized she had asked way too many questions at once, hopefulle she would get the answers she needed.

Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 02, 2006 12:12
Horrible memories flooded Narluin's mind. The day her father was slain...her mother setting sail for Valinor...the day she was forced to leave Imladris...Narluin shook her head deftly and told herself, "There is nothing that can be done. The maid Bain spoke of needs help, and Varda be willing, I will help her." The maiden returned to the dining hall and sat down, muttering apologies.
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2006 09:33
Nevawen, looked at the others, "They do not know anything of what infects her body, only that it is causing her to have a terrible fever. They cannot get it to go away and all of her vital body parts will start to shut down soon if they cannot grasp controll over it. They said that Lord Elrond would be our greatest hope."

Nevawen looked outside one of the tiny windows, it was already getting dark so they would have to wait untill morning to leave.

"I suggest that everyone say their good-byes and pack, also we will need some rations for the journey. I am sorry that this is on such short notice but I just felt the need to help her for some reason. I have alot to do though before we leave toomorrow so I will bid you all goodnight and retire to my room." Nevawen bowed slightly and turned down the long hallway leading to their rooms.

Although she did not go to her room, she slipped into the room where the girl was being kept. Nevawen steped beside her bed. She looked pale and pasty...there were beads of sweat running down her forehead. Nevawen dipped one of the nearby cloths into the basin of cool water sitting on the side table. Gently laying it on her head she sighed..."I do not know you...but I feel the need to help you. Please hold on, I am going to do my best to save you...and my friends are coming too...we will try to make haste and get back as soon as possible my friend."
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2006 05:44
Bain followed Nevawen into the sick room and she heard what was said.

Baim spoke softly, "You are right she requires a very skilled healer. I am not sure if Lord Elrond will be able to help with the elleth staying here. But to care for her on the rode a still make good speed will be exceedingly difficult. Not impossible but difficult, perhaps dangerous, for her and us."

Bain paused to let the words sink in. "I do not know her or even anyone who knows her so I can not and will not make such a desicion for her. If you are happy with your choise to ride to imladris for help and then ride back I will not fight it. I have told you of the extra risks either cource has."

Bain left to go to her bed and get some sleep. Noth else need be done till just before first light.
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2006 05:55
Nevawen thought for a second, "You are right, see needs to come with us...there is no point to making her wait any longer. The chance that she has of making it if we take her is the same as if she stays here...having to wait too long might kill her easier than taking her with us. Thank you my friend...you are a genius." (sp?)

Nevawen watched as Bain left the room and then turned back to the girl. "I will do my best to protect you." She bowed slightly and turned from the room and went to her own. She lay down but did not sleep...she could not stop thinking about the girl...
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2006 08:16
Bain heard Navawen but made no reply. The coming journey would be risky for the female.

Now Bain made a list of extra supplies she would need and got some sleep.

Well before departure time Bain found a servant and got direction to the healers. Once there she spoke of the wish to get the ill girl to lord Elromd with all speed.

The healers agreed that she was beyond them. They could maintain her, they hoped, but they had no idea how to improve her so were agrreable to haveing her go to imlaidris (sp) with the group. When Bain went over the extra supplies she felt proper to have they agreed even suggested another couple.

When every thing was packed Bain took her pack, her new pack of supplies and her weapons and headed back to the ill girl to make she would be as comfortable as possible for a long difficlut and perhaps dangerous trip.

Then she waited for her travel mates to arrive and finish preparations and depart, hopefully soon.

(hope pushing it a head till moring doesnt upset any one)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 19, 2006 12:20
Lindar and Bragolan hurriedly prepared to leave the next morning.
Soon they were on their horses and ready to go. They rode out, and although speed was needed, they would have to go slow for the sake of the girl. Lindar ended up being their scout, he would go ahead of the group and see if there was any danger. Narluin went with him also, just incase of an emergency.
Bragolan stayed with Bain and Nevawen and the girl, helping anyway he could.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 21, 2006 12:49
Narluin glanced at her companions and said, "My uncle will help as much as he can, but unless we know exactly what ails her, there isn't much that we can do. We will go slow, but we need to be watchful at all times." Her eyes met Lindar's, and she knew that they would both be responsible for scouting ahead. She nudged Arden forward into a canter. "Come, Lindar. We should get going."
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 02:18
Nevawen glanced back at the girl, she did not look good but Nev knew that it could be much worse. She thought as they rode about eveything that had happened to them, The ride, the attacks, the way everything just seemed to be getting worse and worse. It was like doom was following them where ever they went, she shook her head slowly. Letting her thoughts bounce into the back of her mind. She needed to stay alert, they had to protect the girl with everything they had.

Nevawen spoke to Bain and Bragolan, "Do you think that she is going to make it? I do not know if I have made the right decision. Nevawen glanced back at the fair lady.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2006 05:02
"I am not sure Nevawen." Bragolan admitted. "I have not much skill with healing, but I am sure that Bain could tell us." Bragolan said as he looked to Bain.

Meanwhile Lindar and Narluin were scouting. "Did you hear something?" Lindar asked. "It must have been nothing, I'm just a little jumpy." Lindar said, he couldn't hear anything else. Then he heard a low growling. "A beast is in this forest nearby. I'll go warn the others, you stay here but be careful!" Lindar said, he rushed back to Bragolan. "Something is back there, a beast of some kind." Lindar said. "I'll go ahead with you, Nevawen,Bain you stay here." Bragolan instructed. Then Bragolan and Lindar ran back to the place where he had heard the creature.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 27, 2006 02:14
Narluin looked around, her keen senses missing nothing. Arden whickered fretfully and pawed the ground. What is out there? the elf wondered, withdrawing her sword Arinya. "Should we split up and look for the thing?" Narluin asked Bragolan and Lindar. "Or do we wait here and let it come to us? The choice is up to you." The telltale signs of something were around them, broken branches, some type of rubbings on trees, what was here? Something completely normal or something out of the ordinary?
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 01:12
( I am going to assume that the girl is unconscious and unable to help or communicate)

Bain held the female and looked at Nevawen and Bragolan. Their concern was no shock to Bain. "She is in only slightly more danger here than in her bed at the castle and this way she will be going to the best healer i have ever known. It is her best chance of improving. There is almost nothing that can be done for her there that I can not do here." They continued to canter.

Then the news of the beast came. Bain took a good look at the female. There was nothing that could be done to keep her safe beyond keeping the best away.

Bain immediately slowed to a walk. Hopeing that the beast would be delt with before they got caught up to it. Then she tightened her hold on the female and spoke to her mare, "be alert, i cannot fight well with the little one in my arm. your job will be to keep that away. I count on you, as last line of defense." the mare seamed to nod its ears perked up, sniffing the air.

Bain glanced at her companions." I will stay in the back. The best that I can do is keep the thing away from her. I know you will defend her as well. I will take off only if I must. With her I must take care to keep her safe. I cannot use my bow with one hand so all i have is my sword. " Bain drew her sword and made sure that the rest of the group was between her and her charge and the beast that was coming .

Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 07:18
Nevawen drew her bow, and hopped off her horse and into the trees, "I will stay hidden so that if they get too close I can at least injure them before they get to you." She then dissapeared without another word. She crouched and then notticed something moving about 100 yards or more ahead of them. Her keen eyes caught the scruff of two stray wargs heading their way.

"Wargs! Two of them." She called down low enough so that their positions wouldnt be given away. "Stay back I will try and pick them off before we get into close combat!" She then hopped forward and to the side a bit so that if they did charge her they wouldnt find the girl and the others. Aiming carefully she knocked an arrow and let if fly, she hit her target. Injuring the front leg of the first warg and doing the same to the second. They both roared and charged towards her direction. She danced though the trees away from the girl so they would not find her. Hopefully the others could take care of close combat untill she got there to help. They were very skilled fighters though so she did not worry.

She jumped down from the trees where Narluin and Lindar had already gotten to the wargs. They were doing quite well and just when Nevawen started to draw her sword she felt a searing pain down her arm. Looking down she saw a quite deep gash where the Orc blade had cut into her flesh.

She looked up to see a wounded Orc smiling cruely. "You'll have to do better than that you evil creature." Nevawen said before she swung her sword swiftly through the neck of the Orc beheading him.

She felt the warm trickle of blood running down her arm, she looked down it did not look like it would be a fatal wound but if she did not get it taken care of it would be a problem. Suddenly she felt a mind numbing buring sensation coming from the cut. "The blade must've been tarnished with something." She said to herself.

She commanded herself to ignore the pain and get back to helping the others. She had to stay focused to keep the girl and the others safe. Swinging her sword she drove it deep into the hide of the closest warg.

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2006 04:32
Bragolan noticed thw wound on Nevawen's arm. "Nevawen! Go back and stay with the girl, you must not fight now. We don't want to have another unconscious person." Bragolan said.
Lindar fought well against the wargs. He looked over at his partner Narluin. He admired her for her strength, and he enjoyed fighting with her.

Once they had finished off the last warg he smiled. "We make a good team Narluin." Lindar said as he shook her hand. Then he turned back to Bragolan, waiting to hear what he had to say. "We should continue on our journey now, we mustn't waste anymore time." Bragolan said. Then Bragolan turned to Nevawen. "Are you alright Nevawen?" Bragolan asked.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 29, 2006 08:05
Narluin smiled in thanks to Lindar. "I believe we do, friend." Both were unscathed, and they weren't too tired. Arden whinnied, and the elf urged him forward. "You are right, Bragolan; we must be away from here before more of them come." She glanced sideways at Lindar and sighed in relief. She was glad that he seemed in his right mind and was on their side. He was strong, that was certain, and his skills were commendable.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2006 04:49
Bain and the rest of those that held back got there after every thing was dead and Bain heard.

"You are right, Bragolan; we must be away from here before more of them come."

Bain spoke, "I agree staying here would be a very bad idea." Then she noticed Nevawen's injury, "we must pause for a few moments for a quick tending of this wound on Nevawens arm. Some will need to take the girl or else this will take a lot longer then a couple of minutes."

will leave to you for someone to voleuneteer and post that...

Then BAin went over to Nevawen. "Why do you appear to be in more pain then is normal for a wound like this." Bains mind was already thinking of poison. She examined the wound waiting for her answer.

After listening Bain quickly cleaned the wound and treated it with a basic poison antidote and dressed it. Hopefully that would keep the posion from spreading. Bain knew that she would need to reclean and redress it after the camped for the night
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2006 05:02
Bragolan volenteered to stay with the girl.
Once Nevawen's wound was dressed they bgan on their way again.
Lindar and Narluin rode in the front, listening for any signs of evil lurking. "How are you feeling Nevawen?" Bragolan asked, he hoped her wound would be alright.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 30, 2006 11:38
Narluin rode with Lindar ahead. "Lindar," she said quietly, lest her voice echo, "I will go ahead and see where our bearings are. I am beginning to recognize landmarks and such, but I need to be sure. I think there is a large rise northwest of here about a three hours' ride. I will go and be back by nightfall. How does that seem for you?"
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2006 02:36
Nevawen thanked Narluin and got back onto her horse, the poision antidote seemed to be working but Nevawen could still feel the burning.

Nevawen looked at Bragolan, I think it will be okay, or at least I hope so. Thank you for asking, it's nice to know I have people that care with me." She smiled and looked away.

Nevawen notticed Narluin riding faster than the rest of the group. "Where is Narluin going?" Nevawen asked, "It is not good to be ridiing alone when there are enimies about."
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2006 12:30
Ban hd been paying a good deal of attension to the girl and just noticed that there was soemthing a foot for one go off.

Bain spoke, "i agree. This is not the time for anyone to be off by themselves. If more wargs find us we should be together. Or at the very least within shouting distance"

Bain continued at the same speed as every one else.

She spoke to the one holding her patient, "i can take her, free you to do other things, if you want."
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 07, 2006 12:40
Narluin glanced at each of her companions in turn. Her voice was serious but not angry. "I know the layabout of where we are at better than any of you. If we are not to go alone, then one of you go with me." She nudged Arden a few paces forward and listened intently to the sounds of the forest. She bit her lip anxiously and looked back at the others. "You all need to leave here. Head north until you come to a clearing with a large ash in the center of it. Wait there for me; you will find out why later." Without another word, she kicked Arden into a gallop, withdrew her sword Arinya, and was gone in a heartbeat.
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2006 03:22
Nevawen urged the others forward, "We should not linger here any longer. I feel something ominous coming. Hurry..." With that she started walking her horse forward, into a slow gallop. There was something in the air, she could not figure out what it was but she had a very bad feeling that they should be exiting the woods as soon as possible.

They finally reached the clearing..."Where is Narluin??" Nevawen asked to no one in particular. She dismounted and looked to the others, "Two of us should look around and make sure there are not threats here since we dont know how long Narluin will be. Who will come with me?"
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 12, 2006 05:23
Arden galloped through the forest, carefully picking his way among the trees as Narluin sat low upon his back. Both knew where they were bound. The grey’s hooves made no noise on the worn path. They headed west where a large crest rose out of the midst of the forest. After about three hours of hard riding, Narluin urged her horse up it. At the top, she climbed a tree and surveyed the valley that the company was now entering. A snarling sounded, and Arden bolted off into the forest, whickering fretfully. Narluin looked down from her tree to see a Warg right below her, an ugly orc on its back. She held her breath and prayed that the enemy wouldn’t look up.
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2006 03:01
(( Is the thread dying? If you guys dont want to post anymore just let me know k?-Thanks-))
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2006 06:33
Arnarel was lost in thought as he tried to balance the unconcious and bleeding elf as still as possible. [/i]Why me? Why you? Do you enjoy the trouble that comes with charging a group of orcs by yourself, do you enjoy being carried around unconcious? I wish you could go without gettig hurt on at least one trip.[i]

He sighed and continued along his path, when he felt an evil presence surround him. He did not have time to think as he reined his horse around quickly and took off, tying to keep a hold on Mirelwen. He saw a group of being s ahead and sterred for them, when he heard the clash of metal and his friend Narfaroth's signature cry.
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email