Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Sapphire Skies Among the Darkness. (Everyone Welcome!!)
on: August 08, 2006 04:56
((Post when u can, I enjoy ur posts...and it's great.))

Nevawen lay unconcious with images swirling about her head...she felt like she was spinning throughout time watching all of her memories like movies...her and her sister...her new friends...the thing that had just attacked her were chasing all of her memories away...Nevawen tried to run but the creature in her mind was just so powerful...

Nevawen woke in a cold sweat...but she wasnt sure exactly where she was...

((Figured I'd leave that for you guys to explain...:evil)lol
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 11:16
(Is a bit of irony ok?)

The thing that had struck Nevawen lay at Narluin's feet, moaning. The thing appeared to be an elf, for its ears were pointed and its face fair. But yet at the same time, a hint of evil was stamped on its features. "What in the world?" Narluin whispered. Lost in thoughts of the figure that lay prostrate in front of her, she didn't hear the other figures that surrounded her and the rest of the horses.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2006 01:53
Before Bain was able to say any thing, 2 of her companions took off. Part of her well under stood the reason to want herbs for treating Bragolan but caution was well needed at these times.

She moved throught the trees knowing it would give her the best view of what was going on and at the same time make her hardest to see.

What she saw did not help her peace of mind at all. One elelth laying on the ground, both surronded by orcs. She did not even think about the other creature lying on the ground.

She waited not even long enough to draw a breath and her first arrow was on the way into an orc. It screamed as it fell but even before its cry ended she was already serveral trees away.

Then she shot again. Thank full that the orcs were a bit slow so by time they decided were to shoot she was long gone.

She was lucky and there had only been about 10 of the filthy creature gathered around the pair.

Bain decided that having 4 orcs with bows shooting radomly in to the trees, as they had decided that was the best chance the had. Was not good. So she darted behind a tree trunk and took a deep breath. One arrow sailed past her.

No sooner had it went then she turned and shot another one. It was one of the archers. The one who had just been shot. His screamed, as he fell, he was pointing at her. Now she was in trouble. Only 3 orcs down and now they had an idea were she was.

Bain took a chance and darted for another tree. All three orc archers shot at her. She was unable to avoid them all. She felt the arrow graze her calf. She almost lost her footing. The pain was intense She pushed her back against the new tree. Her breathing as tense due to pain.

She waited. The orcs had split now only some of them were looking for her. When one was in easy veiw she shot and it fell dead.

There were still six orcs left all Bain could hope for was that one or both of the elleths would be able help. She could not risk scattering then because that would endanger Bragolan because surely at least one would go there.

[Edited on 13/8/2006 by tawar_meldis]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2006 02:24
Bragolan wanted to fight. He lifted his bow and prepared to shoot. He shot one orc and it fell. Then he felt a surge of energy and suddenly a shadow filled his mind. "Nevawen." Bragolan whispered. Bragolan slowly stood. Then he made his way over to a large boulder, and he hid behind it. He looked otu at the scene before him. Nevawen was on the ground, she seemed dead, and yet he knew it was not so. Then he looked upon the face of the elf that had stabbed Nevawen. He stepped back when he saw the elfs face. "Could it be..." Bragolan started, he felt as if he could barely breath.

(Is it okay if the elf that hurt Nevawen is somehow related to Bragolan?)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2006 04:09
((That would be great, you have such good ideas everyone!!! I was trying to figure out HOW the figure had gotten there and WHO they were lol...Sorry that I do not have time to post right now but I will soon I promise!!!))
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2006 02:17
Bragolan slowly approached the injured elf. Fear and worry showed in his eyes. "Lindar?" Bragolan whispered. The elf looked up. Bragolan could see fear in his eyes also. The others looked at him, wondering how he knew this evil elf. "He is my brother Lindar. I knew not that he still lived." Bragolan said as he knelt beside him, Bragolan still clutched his side. Lindar was too weak yet to explain of where he came from or why he had done that horrible thing to Nevawen who was now being tended to.

(I'll think of something for Lindar, but I'll wait for the next time I post.)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2006 04:22
Bain could haer voice of someone she knew but was too far away to hear the words.

Bain still pressed her back against the tree the orcs on the ground were still looking for her.

( if you want the orcs to run off now that is fine I will leave that to some one else. Sorry its so short. But coe is already claiming I posted so I decided to post some thing)
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2006 03:17
((sorry this took so long to post :S))

Nevawen looked around, it looked like she was back in camp...there was a strange man tied up straight across from her. She tried to sit up, but when she did she felt a searing pain where she had been stabbed. She lifted her shirt and found that the wound had been dressed and cared for while she had been unconcious. Everyone was sitting around the camp fire and dusk was settling in.

Nevawen spoke to the others, "Is Bragolan okay? Is anyone else hurt? What was that thing that attacked me?" She sighed as the others looked at her, none of them looked too badly hurt but she just wanted to make sure. They all looked very tired and some of them looked like they had a lot on their mind. It had been quite a day....
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2006 05:13
"I'm fine Nevawen. And that thing that attacked you is my brother, but he has not yet told why he did so." Bragolan said as he stared angrily at his brother. Lindar was hurt also. He finally looked up. "The orcs...they said I could go if..." Lindar coughed in between. "Go on." Bragolan said. "They said I could go if I killed an elf and brought it to them." Lindar said. "Wouldn't you rather die yourself?" Bragolan asked. Lindar didn't answer. "I'll explain to you why I didn't know he was alive. When we were young we were playing in the woods of Lorien when a bunch of orcs attacked. Lindar was taken away with them and I was badly hurt." Bragolan stoped to catch his breath but then Lindar began sharing his story. "Thay said they were going to take me to Sauron, thst name still sends shivers up my spine. They didn't take me to him, but they took me to Mordor. I was used as a servant in a Easterling camp. Thay beat me and the orcs always came into the camp to try and steal me for their dinner. Well one of the orc leaders decided to use me to kill an elf for what reason I do not know, but he promised me freedom if I did it so I did, and I'm sorry." Lindar explained. Bragolan still looked stern, but he had softened.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2006 01:35
Bain had done the healing that was needed on Lindar and Nevawen but she did not immediately regain conciouness. The return to their camp of earlier had not taken long at all.

Now with evening coming and a greater likely hood of orcs roaming Bain was in fact on gaurd duty.

It was a small camp so she was able to keep herself in hearing distance of the wounded and as such she heard the youth explained his actions.

Bain frowned realizing that he wasnt really a youth but he had not learned so much of what he would have need to be a functional adult either.

There was no hatred in her heart for this young one. But she could not allow him to run free either.

"Lindar there is no doubt that you have suffered a lot. Part of me can ALMOST understand what you did. But for the saftey of this group you will remain tied until we reach the end of our road. Then you will be taken before some type of leader for final judgement."

Bain paused, "I know I am not the leader of this group but on this issue of every ones safety there can be no compromise."

She looked at Bragolan. "I know he is your blood but everyones safety is more pressing right now." She went to him and put her hand on his shoulder. Her voice dropped so only he could her. "The only other way to keep you and everyone else safe is to kill him and I have no wish to be a kin slayer, but I will if I must. I am sorry."

Bain waited for all that was said to sink in.

( I will post when i can for the next week. Will not have great comp access.)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2006 03:12
Bragolan took a deep breath. He knew if his brother caused anymore trouble it would be his end. "I understand Bain." Bragolan whispered. He looked at his brother, he knew he wouldn't be of any use to them. He watched as Lindar nodded to sleep. "I just wish I knew that he was still alive. I would have been able to prevent this." Bragolan said to Bain. He was very sad that it was like this.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2006 01:18
Bain looked back at the young elf. She was sad that it had came to this.

She looked back at bragolan, "I will not harm him, if he gives me the choice. Some things are beyond your ability to help."

She stopped she knew in her heart that there were some who already may consider her a kinslayer, after all she had allowed her father to die. The result of which, now she put great value on all life, except orcs, they were the ones who had injured her father.

(you can beside if Bragolan know her history. That she was unable to save her father or not. Only some one who had been in the Lorine gaurd for some centuries would know it. Right now time online is short for me)

(will come back for typos later)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 03:47
Bragolan nodded his head. He remembered the day Bains father had died. Bragolan had been very young at the time and his father was still alive then also. Memories flooded back into his mind. Then he looked at his brother. "Where will we be heading now?" Bragolan asked, he didn't want to think about the horrible things that had happened.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 09:23
Narluin had only stared in horror at the elf that had laid prostrate at her feet. "This is your brother?" she asked Bragolan. "And I had hurt him?" She shook her head. "I had no idea, and I apologize deeply for hurting him so." Her eyes were solemn as she awaited the elf to speak.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 11:43
"It was an accindent. You did not mean him any harm, and he shall live." Bragolan said. Then he turned back tot he others. "Now where shall we go maidens? We should not stay here too long, unless this is our destination." Bragolan repeated.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 18, 2006 10:23
Narluin pointed in the direction of Mirkwood. "I thought we were headed to Thranduil's halls," she said. Arden nudged her, and she mounted him gracefully. Her crystal eyes surveyed the surroundings anxiously. "We would best to be clear of here before something else should come upon us."
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2006 12:01
Firniswin nodded and mounted her own steed.

"Yes, let us ride! We must not delay for we do not know what may be following us..." sheathing her sword, she breathed a deep sigh. "If any who are wounded feel the need to bow out, feel free for we can have none slowing us down."

Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2006 04:25
Nevawen grimmaced as she stood but let no one see....She called starfire and mounted. They started off down a beaten trail that looked like it had had many many travelers

"I have heard that if you get lost in these woods then you will never find your way out...." Nevawen said quietly. Nevawen felt like she needed more sleep but she knew that they could not slow down for they had to make it to Thranduil. It was very very important and they coudl not tarry...Riding quietly she looked at the others they all looked as worn out as she felt.
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2006 07:35
"Yes, these stories are true." Firniswin stated, straightening her stance on Rochdu and placing a hand on her scimitar. "I have heard many horrors that have taken place in this very forest."

"I remember once, a very long time ago, my brother told me a story of a maiden who was attacked by a group of wandering dwarves who had gotten lost in the forest. They were so angry at the elves that when they saw her, they did not hesitate and she died at their hands. It is said that they were cursed." she chuckled lightly and shook her head. "But, I never believed it. My brother would often tell me these tales to make sure I did not wander off."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2006 11:28
Bragolan smiled at the story Firniswin told. He knew many dwarves hated elves and many elves, like himself, hated dwarves. Bragolan held Lindar upright in the saddle. They both rode on his horse. He wondered what his brother's fate would be. He couldn't help it. That was all he could think about since his brother came back. "Lindar, tell me you wouldn't kill another elf." Bragolan whispered in his ear. "I would not, unless I had to." Lindar added. Bragolan felt his face flush, his brother would kill an elf if he had to. Did that mean if he was captured he would rather kill one of them then try and save them? Maybe he couldn't trust his brother after all. Then he heard someone ask him something. "I'm sorry, I wasn't listening. I guess I was just worried about the dark. Its dangerous to be in Mirkwood at night." Bragolan said.
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2006 03:05
Nevawen looked over and noticed Bragolan had a very contimplative look on his face...she wondered why his brother had decided to hurt her...she had done nothing to him. He must've been very desprated to kill one of your own kind.

Nevawen listened to Firniswin's story, she got shivers up her spine...she did not trust dwarves. They were creepy little creatures and she wanted nothing to do with them.

Nevawen looked at Lindar, the one that had almost taken her life. She was interested in WHY he had done it, she was not mad. A little upset of course, no one wanted to die. But she wanted to know what had drove him to that extent. What had went on in his mind and what had made him pick HER...she pondered these thoughts as the night went on.
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2006 08:45
(( I dont think that I uderstand...we are leaving from Lorien...going to Mirkwood...we arnt changing anything and no one has specail powers...I really dont care where it's located just am not completely understanding I guess....Im not trying to be difficult and stuff... just wondering))
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 07:30
Firniswin looked to Nevawen who was starting to look a little worried.

She chuckled and leaned in. "I didn't frighten you did I?"

[Edited on 22/8/2006 by Lady_Firniswin]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 04:03
Soon the great caves that the Mirkwood elves lived in came into view. "Finally." Bragolan sighed.

(Don't know whats going to happen now!)
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 06:02
Firniswin turned from Nevawen to Bragolan and smiled as she saw that he was correct. The Mirkwood palace, or caves, whatever was preferred, was in view. 'Of course,' Firniswin thought dryly. 'The elves of Mirkwood would not be thanful of us calling them caves...'

She turned to the company. "Shall we ride faster? It is so close and I would like to get there as soon as we could."
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 06:29
"I say we should ride faster," Narluin said, apprehension creeping up her spine. "I do not like the feeling in this forest." She nudged Arden, and the ashen stallion picked up his pace to a canter. "Once we make it to the caves, I know a few of the elves here, and they will tell Thranduil we are here. We should be able to speak with him tonight, Varda be willing."
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 12:12
Bain agreed these woods were not something she wanted to be caught in at night. Seh nudged her horse to a greater speed.

She did not know how the king would take to the attept at kinslaying but that was out of her hinds. The group was safe and there would reach the end of there travels for today before night fall.

(will fix typos later)
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2006 06:26
Firniswin followed suit, keeping her eyes open and her hand on near to her elven scimitar.

She wanted no surprises and should there be any, she would be ready.

~*~

They had ridden for what seemed like forever, and it surely had been quite a while because even Firniswin, used to riding for days was getting saddle sore. She moved uncomfortably and Rochdu neighed, a sort of mocking sound.

"Be silent, Rochdu." she scolded the horse. "You laugh once more and I will find an Oliphant for you to ride."

Looking up from her honery steed, Firniswin saw the palace in view, though, to the untrained eye, it seemed only a crack in the cave wall.

They neared the stone wall, reining their horses back and sitting back with a neased sigh.

Firniswin, looking up and down the wall, she called: "We are embassadors from Imladris, we are want for advice from King Thranduil of Mirkwood."

(I can't remember what Mirkwood's gate is like, so please forgive the crude discription.)
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2006 04:04
Nevawen sat there nervously, she awaited the answer from the gaurds. Finally they spoke, "You may enter but be aware that we are watching you. we do not take kindly to strangers."

Nevawen smiled to herself as they were let him and told to dismount and were led to the great halls of mirkwood.

((I will not be able to post for awhile I will be back Tuesday though so I will post sometime then have fun you can do what you'd like just dont kill her lol))
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2006 05:57
The party rode through the now open gates, faces stoic as stable boys rushed to take their wearied mounts.

"Thank you." Firniswin stated kindly, nodding to Rochdu as he looked at the young elf nervously.

Not long after the other horses had been taken, a guard dressed in Mirkwood colors with a bow at his side greeted them. "Suilad." ("Greetings.")

"Suilad." Firniswin bowed and the rest of the party followed. "We come to seek the aid of King Thranduil, as was stated before. We desire not to be a burden, but, if you some available rooms, we would be happy to wait there for his call."

The guard seemed to think over this a moment, but promptly nodded and stretched out an arm, pointing to another elf who seemed clothed in servant's garb. "Please, follow Salwe, he will show you to your rooms. You will have to share- two to a room- for we have guests from Long Lake and are short on sleeping quarters."

"Of course, we do not mind." Nevawen stated in a friendly manner.

"Very well then. Please remain with Salwe until he shows you to your quarters. You may explore these areas, but nothing more."

Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 09:20
Narluin's eyes took in everything as she gaped around the chamber. The ceilings were low, as Mirkwood's "castle" was in cave, and everything was in grey stone. Tapestries were here and there, and there were rugs so the inhabitants didn't have to walk on the cold floor. She saw the awed expressions on the faces of her friends and knew that they were either impressed or perhaps disgusted with the stark furnishings in the room.

Being that Thranduil and Elrond weren't on the best terms, Narluin thought it would be wise for her not to reveal anything unless it was asked of her. Thranduil might be a good king, but she didn't think that he would take kindly to the fact that the niece of the person he wanted nothing to do with was here to ask for aid.
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 05:03
Firniswin, being the traveler that she was, could not help but smile as well as gape in awe.

She had been all over Arda, and still Mirkwood, though caved, was one of her favorite places. She enjoyed the dark furnishments of forest green, maroon red, and majestic purple. So many deep colors with so much character- she could only breath and follow the young servant.

"Here is one of the rooms." the young boy said as he slowed to a stop and opened the door. "Two of you may stay in this room. Who will it be?"

Firniswin nodded. "I will stay." she turned to the others. "Who will stay with me?" she chuckled. "I promise I do not bite."
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 31, 2006 11:09
Narluin smiled at Firniswin. "I would stay with you if you like. I can't promise I don't bite, but I am a decent conversationalist, I suppose." The room looked inviting with an ornate fireplace, with a fire blazing merrily in it. Two beds were situated against two walls, and a window, small though it was, looked out over the woodland.

"It seems comfortable enough," Narluin muttered to herself, but her mind was on the upcoming meeting with Thranduil. What would he say to them? The elven maid had no clue.
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2006 02:03
(( I am back now Great posts everyone!!))

Nevwen walked to the next room with the Servant. "I will stay in this one." She said and started to walk towards the door. "Who wants to share?" She asked the others that were standing there....

Nevawen pushed the door open as she waited for someone to answer. This room was almost the same as the other, Two beds lined the walls, a warm fire kept the coolness of the underground at bay, On the floor was a beautifully woven rug with earthy designs in it to keep from walking on the bare cold ground. Nevawen turned back to the others they looked like they were contiplating who would room with her....
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2006 04:05
(sorry I haven't posted for a while!)

Bragolan helped Lindar to a room where the two of them would stay. "You lie still Lindar. I don't want you to hurt yourself further." Bragolan said. Lindar laid still and soon was asleep. Bragolan went back out to see what the others were doing. It seemed they were trying to find out who would share rooms. Bragolan walked over to Nevawen. "I guess you're popular Nevawen." Bragolan said with a smirk.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email