Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
Post Sapphire Skies Among the Darkness. (Everyone Welcome!!)
on: June 29, 2006 06:32
((This takes place at the begining of the 3rd age. Before anthing with the fellowship even takes place. It begins in lothlorien. Anyone can join please post thoughtful posts and make sure they are at least a paragraph or so, Please Other than that have fun be creative and enjoy the thread.))

Nevawen walks through Lothlorien on a quiet morning. The sun is just peaking through the trees and beams of light can be seen everywhere. Nevawen smiles as one of the beams hit her face and warms it. It's going to be a great day, she just knows it.

She had been told not to walk alone in the woods, there had been a few attacks on the wood lately by an unknown force. Some say it ways sauron himself, but Nevawen doubts the truth of most rumors. Still she couldnt help but feel a little uneasy at the thought of the dark lord coming back into power.

Nevawen shakes off the chill that had slowly begun to creep up her spine and turns to head back into the main wood. Maybe everyone's right, it might be dangerous to be out here all alone. She walks along, not being able to shake the uneasyness that surrounds here. "Stupid rumors" she thinks to herself.

((Join in anywhere, ))

[Edited on 29/6/2006 by Elvin_Chick]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
Post RE: Sapphire Skies Among the Darkness. (Everyone Welcome!!)
on: June 29, 2006 09:54
(Hope this is ok!)

Narluin stood with her back against a large oak tree and closed her eyes as the sun warmed it. What a beautiful morning, she thought languidly.

The sound of footsteps startled the blue-eyed Elf out of her reverie. "Nevawen?" she asked, opening her eyes. "What are you doing out here?"

Narluin saw a troubled look on her friend's face and wondered of she was thinking of the same things that had troubled Narluin's mind also. There were rumors of a second coming of the dark lord, but the Elf didn't want to believe them just yet. But at the same time, Lord Elrond, her uncle, had foreseen a shadow growing over the land. Whatever would happen wasn't for certain; not even Lord Celeborn or Lady Galadriel knew exactly the darkness that would eventually grip the land.

(To let anyone and everyone know, this will be my last post in here for a while until I can access a comp again. Whatever anyone wants to do to Narluin is fine by me.)
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2006 11:22
[b][/b](M'kay- I haven't done an RPG in a while, so you've been warned. This may not be great and I am not gonna post anything huge till I get a better sense of what is going on... anyway- onto the post!)

Firniswin clucked gently to her midnight black steed as he continued to quicken his smooth pace.

She could feel the sun upon her, brown-red garb and pale skin, but even amid the warmth, she felt a chill- not of cold, but of something else. Something...sinister.

Shaking the feeling, she continued on, not wanting to stop, for though elven she was, he limbs ached and her eyes wished for some bit of rest. Firniswin had ridden long without stopping and she could not stop now.

"Nevawen?"

Surprised, she grasped Rochdu's black withers and pulled gently, easing the canter to a swift halt.

'Someone in Caras Galadhon, this early in the morn?' she thought.

Although it was common for the elves to take walks, she had not expected anyone out so early, not during these frightening times...

Looking about, she listened and, hearing footsteps, she reluctantly altered from her path and followed the quiet sounds.

Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2006 02:05
Nevawen stopped in her tracks listening, she thought she had heard hoofbeats but now she could barley make them out.

Just then Narluin appeared, it seemed the Nevawen was not as alone as she thought. "Suilad Mellon nin." Nevawen smiled as she turned her full attention to Narluin. "I was just out walking, I love the mornings. Its a perfect time to enjoy a nice thoughtful walk."

Nevawen smiled at her friend and turned as she heard the hoofbeats again. "Did you hear that my friend, I fear we are not the only ones out on this morning."

With a chill running down her spine she turned and started to follow the sound, motioning for Narluin to follow her. As they made thier way through the forest Nevawen was filled with anticipation, "Who could this be?" she thought to herself.
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2006 04:37
Slowing Rochdu's steady pace, Firniswin checked the elven stallion and, noting the two elves approaching her, smiled.

She had not meant to disturb anyone and she hoped she was not bumping into personal matters.

Letting down her guard momentarily, she nodded to the two and bowed shortly, for she had been taught first and formost proper curtosy and manners.

"Good morning," she sighed, realizing fully what a good morning it was. But, then she foccused on the two confused, and interested faces before her. "I am sorry to bother you both and I hope I was not interupting anything."

Clucking to Rochdu, she moved with the horse as it walked closer to the maidens.

"I was just relaying an important message from Lord Elrond of Imladris. I was hoping to make it soon, but I heard one of you calling for the other and the voice-" she stopped as if to find her words. "It sounded startled or frightened, but, you both seem fine. I would rather not trouble you anylonger..."

'Eru curse my interupptive nature!' Firniswin thought and flushed an embarrassed smile and she started to turn Rochdu away from the elves.

Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2006 05:08
Nevawen bowed to the elf and watched as she turned to go. "Wait, you look tired and you have come far. Let us lead you through the woods, I've lived here all my life and know all the best shortcuts into the main wood. Please, it's all I can do to repay you for being so concerned." Nevawen smiled and motioned for her to follow.

Nevawen turned and spoke to the elf, "So may I ask your name, and what the news may be?"She smiled and waited for the elf to answer.
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2006 07:51
Firniswin smiled openly, for the first time in a long time.

She nodded. "That would be wonderful, thank you." she chuckled, looking about the woods. "It has been a while since I entered these woods and I am not so observant in the day as in the night."

Clucking again to Rochdu, she followed the two elves as they lead her through the forest.

As she followed them, she spoke: "My name is Firniswin Ranlome. I am adoptive daughter of Glorfindel of Imladris." she sighed. "As for the news I carry, it is of great tragedy! There has been an attack on the borders of Imladris, many Dunedain and some elves were killed. Lord Elrond felt it important to inform Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn."

Looking at the lovely scenery she nodded back to the two elves. "I am sorry, how rude of me. I have forgotten to ask of your names?"
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2006 05:41
Nevawen smiled and answered, "My name is Nevawen, and my friend here is Narluin, shes kinda quiet..." Nevawen turned and walked down an almost hidden path, though she herself could find it even in the dark.

"So who do you think sent the attack, that is horrible I have been hearing about the attacks around the wood but I did not know that it was going on over the mountains also!"Nevawen said. "I do beleive that we must hurry The Lady of the Wood will want this information as soon as possible."

Nevawen led them through the forest untill they entered the main wood. Two gaurds came out and Nevawen explained the situation and they were led to the Lady.
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2006 06:14
Lady Galadriel was not in the room as they entered and they were bayed wait for her to arrive, for she was not expecting such a message- even with her forsight.

As they waited, Firniswin shrugged slightly.

"We do not know who has laid the attack. Many times we arrive only to drive them away quickly. The bodies that we find are those of orcs, but we have also found a few men among them as well, not Dunedain, but of some other far less competent breed." she scowled deeply, thinking of her Dunedain brothers who had been slain.

Firniswin bowed her head, staving off the emotions and trying to look less upset than she felt.

Trying, desperately to get off the subject she gulped and turned her fair features upwards, looking deeply into the eyes of, what she hoped would be, her new found friends.

"So," she nodded to the otherwise empty room before them and smiled. "It would seem the Lady is very busy, no use wasting time sitting in boring silence- Are you both from these fair forests, or do you reside elsewhere?"

Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2006 08:53
Nevawen and Naurlin sat on one of the lovley benches scattered through out the room and Nevawen began to speak, "I have lived here ever since I can rememeber, and my friend Narluin hails from Imladris, she is here visiting. What about you have you lived in Imladris all your life."

Nevawen started to get excited, maybe if this new friend was going farther on another adventure she would allow Nevawen to accompany her. Nevawen had never left the woods, and she was eger to start an adventure...she just had no one to go with.

Nevawen looked at Firniswin, "May I ask what your plans are after you leave the woods?"

Just then Nevawen heard footsteps, but they were not that of the lady. A gaurdsmen game running and had a scared look on his face. "The eastern borders are under attack!! We need everyone that can help. There is a huge mass of orcs and wargs! Come quickly if you can fight." And with that he ran down the many stairs to another of the rooms.

Nevawen glanced at Firniswin, "Are you coming?" Nevawen asked as she got up started to run to the door. Nevawen stopped in one of the rooms and grabbed her armor and wepons.

She was filled with anxiety as they ran with hundereds of others to the East border.

(( I am leaving and wont be back untill Wednesday, You can continue on or just wait till then to start again it doesnt matter to me. Have a great 4th of July everyone.))

[Edited on 2/7/2006 by Elvin_Chick]
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2006 05:17
( I'll just reply to this and then wait, unless of course someone else responds... )

Rising to her feet, Firniswin followed Nevawen and Naurlin, talking as she ran.

"I am a wanderer and so I am somewhat skilled in battle. I will assist you!"

As they reached the eastern border, Firniswin pulled out her elven scimitar and running beside Nevawen, she spoke again- her breath fast from exertion. "Are you trained in the art of warfare?" she only turned her head slightly as she ran.

A growling to her left stopped Firniswin dead in her tracks, she heard a grunt and cry and with this, she hurried.

Behind a mass of bushes, two wargs surrounded another warrior. What rank he was, she could not tell, but she could see him limp slowly away, brandishing his sword bravely and looking the beasts in the eye.

One, the smaller warg advanced, licking his chops.

Seeing no time for hesitancy, she leapt forward, scimitar at the ready.

As the beast lunged, she hit her mark and he fell to the ground, whimpering.

The larger, obviously some sort of parental figure, snarled and roared as it saw the younger defenseless.

It charged, its teeth glittering and mouth gaping, straight at Firniswin.
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2006 06:44
"Many hours of sparing and training but no actual experience!" Nevawen yelled. This would be her first real fight, she was excited and scared out of her mind at the same time.

Running Nevawen watched as Firniswin ran over to the left and watched as Firniswin mortally wounded the smaller warg and then the bigger one jump and lunge at Firniswin. Nevawen and Narluin ran over and caught the warg off gaurd as they both attacked from the sides. Nevawen ran her dagger down the beasts side, making a deep gash with one quick swipe, blood gushing from the wound Nevawen jumped out of the way of an angry paw that came crashing down where she had just been.

Nevawen wasnt quite quick enough though becase the beasts other paw quickly followed and Nevawen's head suddenly was filled with a blinding light and ringing that seemed unbearable. Nevawen staggered into some bushes and out of the way of Narluin and Firniswin, she did not want to be in the way.

She fell to the ground and held ber head in her hands as she blacked out

((SOrry it took so long for me to respond lol))

[Edited on 7/7/2006 by Elvin_Chick]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2006 05:09
Bain as a member of the Lorien gaurd did not hesitate even one second when the call reached her ears of a battle. She simply threw her aurmour back on and her healing pack on her back and she was running for the area.

Bain saw the gaurd limping a way from the wargs but she was too far away yet to do more then avenge. She would do so with grim effeincy.

Bain was shocked when 3 elleth jumped in between the gaurd and the 2 wargs. She did not pause but kept coming. She saw the small warg fall and then one of the elleth also fell.

She swung she sword straight into the wargs head without giving it a chance to do more harm.

Bain stopped a couple of steps beyond the head of the creature but it fell and did not get back up.

Bain looked around and saw that there were no more orc or warg in the imediate area.
Then she spoke to the elleth.
"Please stay here and keep the gaurd and the other elleth from more harm. I will return after the battle is over and tend their wounds."

Bain waited barely a half a minute before continuing toward the battle sounds.

The gaurd spoke as Bain moved off,"glad to see you made it, Bain"

(ooc- hope I have not pushed too far for a new char.
hope i understood the other posts as well. If I messed something up let me know.))
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2006 05:18
((That was great, thanks for joining us!!!))

Nevawen woke with her nose inches above the ground, she was laying on her side and her head throbbed like nothing she had ever felt before. Her vision was blurry and she could barley make sense of anything around her.

She pulled her self to her knees and sat back against what she assumed was a tree. Touching her head she felt a small gash and a huge bump. It burned like fire when she tried to move her head so she just lay her head back and closed her eyes, she did not know that she passed out again.
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2006 04:51
Firniswin smiled worriedly as Nevawen began to move a little.

Grasping her pack, she heard her friend moan. She dug tirelessly through her rucksack for her supplies.

She heard the other elf move and she looked up to see her sit to her knees and then lean wearily against a tree.

"Nevawen?" she queried, standing up with a blanket in hand as well as some medicinal herbs and a cloth.

When no response came, she assumed the elf had lost conscioussness and she knelt down next to her and, covering her with a blanket, she began to clean the gash upon her head.

Looking to the body of the huge warg that lay dead in the sunlit grass, she smiled. "Thank you."

Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2006 07:10
Nevawen woke once more with a blanket over her and Firniswin and Narluin sitting around her. They both had worried looks on their faces.

She remembered the pain that happened everytime she tried to move so she just sat still and asked, "What happened, is everything okay? I feel like I've been run over by a horse...."Nevawen giggled to her self and then slowly started to sit up. She noticed that the pain in her head was half as bad as it was and she could think more clearly now.

She turned to Firniswin, "Are you alright? What happened at the boreder?" Nevawen lifted her hand to her head and to her suprise felt a bandage there. She looked at Firniswin, "Thank you my friend." She smiled weirly and listened to what news she had of the battle at the borders.

Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2006 07:47
Nodding lightly with a smile of delight on her normally cold, fierce features, Firniswin began to explain the situation at the border.

She did this carefully of course, treading lightly because of Nevawen's head wound- she, after all did not want her to have a worse headache than she probably did.

"The border has been secured, but not without the loss of lives. Thankfully, only a few have been slain and-" she placed a hand over her heart. "their memory will not be forgotten."

Not wanting to overload the elf anymore with horrible news, she sighed and crept forward upon her knees. Lightly, she touched the bandage and pulled it away to inspect the wound.

"How are you feeling? All right, I hope?" she chuckled a little, a rare thing. "I am not as skilled a healer as my adoptive father wishes I could be. I tried to learn from Lord Elrond, but he quickly found I have more skill fighting a battle than help others not die from one."

tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2006 06:09
Bain returned to the group after the fighting was over. she arrived in time to hear...

["How are you feeling? All right, I hope?" she chuckled a little, a rare thing. "I am not as skilled a healer as my adoptive father wishes I could be. I tried to learn from Lord Elrond, but he quickly found I have more skill fighting a battle than help others not die from one." /quote]

At the words Bain had smiled slightly. "I am glad you tried any way. Yes, you are right, the boarders are secure again and those who have lost their liives will be well remembered and honored." At that point she paused and knelt down to inspect the wound. It was not too serious and there was no sign of posoin now. That was a relief wargs could some times leave a bit of nastyness behind.

Bain spoke now to the one who had dressed the wound. "You did well. You may well have saved your friends life. YOu can rest easy today, there was nothing more needed then what you did. Just rebandage it and the elleth will be fine in a day or two. AS long as she takes it a bit easy."

She added as an after thought, "I am Bain, as the gaurd said. I have always heard that Lord Elrond is by far the most gifted healer and teacher we have very known. If he was willing to teach you anything about healing that I am sure that you most deifinately have a gift of healing."

Then she looked at the gaurd and knew that he had been stubborn. "do not fear that the a gaurd would not let you treat him. As a rule gaurds dont like having their wounds treated and will figth not to have it done unless they are near death."

She got up and went over to him. "Are you being as stuborn as all ways and not wanted any know that you were injured?"
His nod had not beed needed by Bain to confirm his injury or the fact that he had not allowed this one to treat him.

Bain grinned at him, "well, old freind, your time of refusing treatment is over for this day." Bain then did the proper treatment of his wound without even listening to his complains that it was nothing.

Bain then went back to the elleth and she know that the inured elleth would need to not walk back so she began looking about for means to make get her back on horse back.

[Edited on 10/7/2006 by tawar_meldis]
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2006 06:28
Nevawen nodded to the new elf who had just introduced herself as Bain. "So she is the one who saved me from certain death...how could I have been so stupid, I've never even been in a true battle. At least I lived to say that now....I have been in one." Nevawen started to try and stand but was met with drowning dizziness, halfway up. Ploping back to the ground she let out a sigh of fresturation.

Whistling high pitchly, something she was very good at she let out a few notes and then fell silent, she saw Bain had bandged the lone gaurd and Nevawen said, "My horse is on the way, it will only be a few minutes, although I will need help onto it."

Nevawen retured her look to Narluin and Firniswin, "Will you be willing to accompany me back to the main wood, Im sure lady Galadriel has something that will heal this quickly."

Suddenly Nevawen looked up and saw a lone raven flying over head, heading very quickly towards Lady Galadriel's quarters. Nevawen knew that ravens only brought bad news...she had to know what was going on.

Nevawen turned to Firniswin, "Your message! I almost forgot, we should hurry! It is very important, and I fear there is more bad news just arriving also. Now would be a good time to deliver yours."

Nevawen noticed her horse standing about a yard away. Narluin and Firniswin helped her on it and soon they were off heading towards the main wood.

Soon they arrived and Nevawen was taken to the healing quarters to have the wound fully looked at and healed more if neccary, and Narluin and Firniswin went to find the Lady of the wood.

Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2006 03:08
Firniswin awaited the Lady Galadriel patiently, knowing that much was going about. It was not an easy thing for the lady, or even the lord, of this wood to get a spare moment- even when the message is important.

But, since there was no more she could do to help Nevawen or help those securing the border and burrying the slain, she stayed and awaited the Lady of the Wood.

It took quite a few moments, maybe even an hour, but finally she was greeted with a solemn, and beautiful face.

Instantly, Firniswin bowed deeply, sweeping her hand out and lowering her eyes in reverance. "My lady, please forgive me for disrupting you, but I bring a message of great urgency from Lord Elrond or Imladris."

Galadriel bid her rise and motioned towards a pair of seats to the side of the room.

Firniswin sat, after the Lady, of course, and waited silently.

"Firniswin, it is not often this wood has the pleasure of seeing your spledorous face." Galaldriel smiled playfully, her pale features almost opaque in the noon sun.

"Your words are most kind my lady, I wish I could spend more time here, for your forest is a glorious place for relaxation however, it does not seem that way this morning..."

The Lady of the Wood sighed and nodded. "Yes, things have become far less safe as of late. I feel a dark presence near this wood, darker and more terrible than I have felt in a long while." she breathed out and looked up sorrowfully. "I hear the slain count into the twenties and thrities?"

"I can not say, for I was helping with some of the wounded." she smiled fondly. "A few brave souls- a guard and two elves, young girls they were. Nevawen and Narluin."

"Ah, yes. They are fiesty ones. Nevawen especially!" she smiled and nodded. "Nevawen dearly hopes to leave this place and go out into the world. She longs for adventure like many do."

"Hmmm..." Firniswin smiled to herself. "Does she now?"

"Oh, yes. I am surprised she has not spoken to you of it- if she does know you well..."

"Oh, I believe she did, but we were quite occupied and I could not answer. We only just met a few hours ago, she does not know me well yet."

Galadriel, titled her head and looked at Firniswin with distant eyes. "Yes, I see a bright future for the both of you. One with many obstacles and triumphs."

Firniswin, a little baffled, coughed and decided to cut to the chase. "My lady, I wish I could stay, but I must be getting ready to leave, the rangers ride soon and I wish to meet them near the borders of Mirkwood. I come only on an errand for Lord Elrond. I bring a message of terrible woe. Much like the attack on your borders, so also have Imladris's broders been compromised. Many orcs have broken through the guards leaving many elves helpless against the unknown onslaught. He requests wisdom from you, only because he has tried every possible way of stopping this. Our numbers grow fewer by the day and though we have tried to send groups of warriors into the woods to search out the encampment- we have found no sign of them. He wishes for your advice."

"That is grave news indeed..." Galadriel pursed her lip and breathed deeply in thought.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 11, 2006 05:23
(Sorry it has taken me sooooo long to post! Hi, tawar!)

Narluin, who had remained silent throughout the entire interview, thought it was her time to speak. She had been standing while the other two had sat. "Firniswin is right, lady. I am the niece of Elrond, and though our numbers diminish by the day, I tell you our spirit does not. I have left Imladris to seek aid, and I haven't had much in the way of help. Whatever advice you can give, us lady," Narluin's blue eyes clouded, "it will be accepted gratefully."

Having put in her two cents' worth. Narluin fell silent. The real reason she had left Imladris was to seek out the enemy herself, not to seek aid, but her companions weren't to know that. Narluin was more of a rebellious spirit, not given much to do as other Elves do, but she knew her sense of duty, and it was calling her now to help her uncle and perhaps even to the border of Mirkwood.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2006 03:00
Galadriel smiled thoughfully and nodded.

"My thoughts are these: we have not many to be sent, for our numbers are failing as well, but, if we could send some to Imladris, you could also, if you fear not the danger that may lie there, go to Mirkwood and seek the king and plead for help from there. I know that, of late, they have not been under stress."

Firniswin looked to Narluin. "Would you accompany me, my friend, if I did this? I could not go alone, for I would need help facing Mirkwood's beasts, plus, the company would be most welcome."

Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 12, 2006 05:12
Narluin smiled at Firniswin. "Yes, of course I will come with you. I know somewhat the lay out of Mirkwood, not enough to be considered an expert. I do not fear danger of going into the forest, but anything can happen in there so we must be vigilant. King Thranduil isn't the closest friend of my uncle, but they get along fairly well. He should help us."

Narluin put her hand on her sword, Arinya. She wasn't too sure how willing Thranduil would be to aid them, but surely he knew of the danger. How could he not help those who would aid him in his time of need?
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2006 12:34
Firniswin smiled, and turned back to the Lady.

"Then, if you will allow us use of as many men as you can spare, my lady, we will travel to Mrikwood and recruit more help- if there is any to be found there. You may send the warriors to Rivendell in three days and send a message with them to Lord Elrond and say where we are."

Bowing low, Firniswin placed a hand over her heart and nodded respectively to Galadriel, who, by now, had stood up to dismiss the elves.

"Go with my goodwill." she said and moments later they had left her presence in search of Nevawen, to check on her one last time before they departed.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2006 03:50
Bain went back to the main woods with the group. There was no more fighting this day.

Bain had just retunred to the city from 2 weeks on the border.

She was ready for a day or 2 off. She walked beside the gaurd who was insistant on walking back on his own.

Bain had paid close attension to the talk during the trip and found out that the golden wood wasnt the only one in danger these days.

Bain had known she would start to travel someday and with other lands in need it was a good time.

After the elleth went to wait for the lady of the wood, Bain went to find Marchwarden Haldir.

She spoke softly but with much convition. "There is a need for warriors to go and help other lands. This is my time to go and help others as I have always known i must."

Haldir spoke"the lady said your time here was short but it did not believe it would be this short. You will be well missed not only on the battle field but after words as well to keep your fellow patrolers alive. I will not stand in your way. I give you leave to do what you must." With that the march warden saluted his gaurd and Bain returned the geture with full solumnness.

Bain then went to be gound in the area of the lady's meeting room and rested against a tree where she would not miss them when they left.

They came out and headed for the healing talon she waited for them to emerge. When they did she spoke softly. " I would like to go with you to help you gather extra help. Plus travel is safer with a small group rather than one or two."

Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2006 06:26
Nevawen walked out of the healing talon just as her friends were walking up. She had a small bandage on her head and had been given a specail tea to rid her of her headaches and dizziness. She looked up to see her friends coming up the hall. She waved and smiled as they all stopped.

"So, what now?" She asked, "Are there any plans?"

Narluin's face brightened and she said, "We are all headed to Mirkwood, we need to find reinforcements!"

Nevawen smiled, "Then that is where I am going too, I cant let my new friends go alone...we are friends right?"
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2006 07:27
A little startled by Bain's sudden request, but happy that she would join, Firniswin nodded aproovingly.

"I have not truly seen your skills in battle, but I have seen your talents in healing and I think it would be worth our while to have you along. I will take you two, but I worry for the size of our group, for I wish not to attract unnessiscary attention. We will travel light and upon horseback, for that is quicker than upon foot. We will leave in about four hours."

Without another word, Firniswin left, Narluin in tow.

As they rushed for the healing talon, they saw Nevawen walking away, a bandage upon her head, but no worse for ware.

"So what now? Are there any plans?"

"W are all headed to Mirkwood, we need reinforcements." Narluin looked quite excited as she said these words.

"Then that is where I am going too, I cant let my new friends go alone...we are friends right?"

Firniswin, smiled and nodded firmly, taking Nevawen by the shoulder. "Yes," she said with a soft chuckle. "I suppose we are, and I would never leave a friend behind."

But, as she again noted Nevawen's injury, her face darkened and looked inquisitively upon the other she-elf. "Are you certain your are fit to travel?" she sighed. "I know we are friends, but my mission is important and I can have none slowing me down."

Feeling embarrased that she had seemed so blunt, she gulped and added. "Not to mention that I would never want you to be put in any more danger."

Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2006 08:04
))Nevawen smiled, "I may be a girl...but that doesnt mean I am a BABY....I will not slow you down any, I've had plenty of scrapes and bruises before." She smiled and looked to the others..."Is everyone coming?' she asked. They all nodded and nevawen suddenly got very excited, she had not had many friends and now she had some AND they were going on a REAL adventure...she couldnt wait untill they left...she wondered what she was going to do for 4 hours...

((Sorry it's so short, I'll post another tomorrow))
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2006 06:30
(It's all right, it's enough for me! )

Looking sheepish, Firniswin bit her lip.

She had not meant to be rude or unwelcoming, but this was her first real mission traveling with more than herself and Rochdu. It was a hard thing to become accustomed to.

She nodded quietly and smiled at Nevawen, hoping that it would be a more welcoming thing than her words had been.

"Then meet us in four hours, near the northern gate. Pack only enough to reach Mirkwood, we will gather more supplies there. Saddle a steed of your choosing because we will be riding hard and it will be unconfrotable if the horse you choose is honry or unwilling."

Without another word, Firniswin turned to go to the stables and prepare Rochdu for another long ride. The horse would no doubt be willing to have the company, he was an amiable beast after all, but would she?
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2006 08:52
Nevawen smiled, she knew that firniswin had not meant to sound rude. She turned and ran for the stables, she knew that starfire would be as excited as she would, she loved her beautiful black horse, he had a white star right between his eyes and he was the fastest horse she had ever met.

Running through the trees she finally reached the stables, grabbed her saddel and then went to starfire, he snorted in excitment as she approached with his tack. Soon she had him tied outside and ready to go.

She ran to her room and grabbed her bedroll, healing kit, (she knew very little.) her longbow and dagger, and an extra change of clothes. Running to the kitchens she grabbed a pre-made pack of food for the trip.

It had only been a few hours since the others had left to get their things...she felt that for the rest of the time she would go and sit in the gardens, they were her favorite part of Lothlorien, so serene and peaceful, she would meditate untill it was time to go...
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2006 10:07
When the words were spoken that departure would happen in 4 hours she simply nodded and went quickly to her talon, which she shared with another gaurd who was now out a patrol.

She grabbed her healing pack with a change of clothes on the top. She then picked up her bed roll.

She walked to he stable. She met a couple of gaurds who were confused to see her with the pack and bed roll they knew she was supposed to be off for a few days.The remark was made, "is haldir sending you out again to day? You just got back yesterday."

Bain replied, "no actually I got back today and now I am on extended leave. I am leaving to help imladris with their troubles."

Brein laughed,"if i get the option ill join you there."

Bain nodded. She went to the stable and put on the light saddle on her normal mount. She did not bother with tack or a briddle. The animal was so easy to control with her words and her legs she had never falt a need for the other things.

Bain and the large tan animal were close freinds, she would not feel confortable with a long trip with out him. He seamed a bit confused to be saddled again to soon after a 2 week patrol. Bain spoke softly"Its ok my friend we are heading out of lorien" The horse nickered now. "We will need to be at our best" the horse nickered again and Bain stroked his nose. Then put her bags on the saddle and they walk out of the stabble to the northern gate.

Bain would rest until depature.

Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2006 02:13
Nevawen fell into a deep peacefulness and soon it was time to go..."Oh no..." she thought to her self, "I Hope they did not leave with out me!!"

She ran to the stables and found everyone there arranging their supplies, ready to go. Nevawen smiled and greeted everyone then threw herself up on Starfire. He snorted in excitement, he had not been on a long journey for a long time.

Soon everyone was ready and they were heading down the road to the northeastern boarders of lorien. Nevawen felt excited and afraid at the same time. She had never been out of the wood, she knew this was going to be a wonderful adventure....

((Sorry if I rushed that, I didnt want to get stuck in that..."We waited to leave..." scene for like 40 posts lol. I can change it if anyone needed more time.))
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2006 07:31
(Nope, that was just perfect! I was going to post, but I got busy...)

Firniswin smiled, happy to be on the road again.

At the present they were riding at a leasurely pace, a sort of trot, and talking calmly with one another.

They would save their strength and riding skills for a time of great need and now was not that time.

They needed to hurry, yes. But what would it benefit them to ride hard then rest long.

Turning with a warm grin, Firniswin spoke to Bain, whom she knew little about.

"So, what is your story, Bain? Who is your family and where exactly do you hail from?"
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 18, 2006 03:40
Seated upon Arden, her ashen grey stallion, Narluin listened keenly to the conversation she thought was about to take place. "Yes, indeed, Bain. I would be most interested in hearing your story." Holding Arden's reins in one hand, she sat to his even trot, her other hand placed on Arinya's hilt, ready to be unsheathed if danger was near.

Narluin sighed contentedly. It was nice to be in the company of friends, not having to worry about too much at the moment. She hoped the feeling would last, but the Elf also knew that such feelings oft times were gone in a rude awakening.
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2006 05:54
Nevawen rode ahead of the others, for she knew all of the short cuts through the wood. Ones only a very keen eye would ever catch, and someone who had lived her all her life.

She thought back to when she was little, her and her younger sister Vasanga would play hide and seek...or just go exploring all day. Nevawen had not seen Vasanga in a great while, she had been called away when all of the attacks started. Now Nevawen knew not where she was and she had stopped reciving letters months ago. A tear fell from Nevawen's cheek, her sister was all that she had left, she hoped that nothing terrible had happened to her. She wiped the tear away and reached into her pocket, she pulled out a necklace. It was a silver heart and inside the heart were two jewels, a lite blue jewel in one half and a light green jewel in the other. Nevawen had had it since as long as she could remeber she was told it was their mothers, her and her sister had taken turns wearing it and when Vasanga left it had been Nevawen's turn...

She slipped the necklace over her head and turned her attention to the conversation that she had noticed was taking place...
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email