Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2122232425Last >>
Author Topic:
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome DangerousDancingDan!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
sparklegirl7
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone!
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE): I'm Sparky (as I've already been renamed)
How did you find CoE? Well, I was just looking for a place to learn Elvish, and I stumbled upon it.
What are your hobbies and interests? I love to read, crochet, and write.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? I've seen the movies (except for the Desolation of Smaug), but I haven't read the books yet.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Sparky! Glad to have you here.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello DangerousDancingDan and Sparky. Welcome to CoE
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hello Sparkle, welcome to the Council of Elrond! You've come to the right place for learning Elvish. Don't forget to check out the Elvish forums, there are many study-buddies to be found there!
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Legolas1900
Council Member
Send Message
Hello
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey Legolas1900.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome everyone one!

~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Legolas1900. Perhaps you could tell our members a little bit more about yourself? Just saying 'hello' is kind of obvious in an introduction thread and doesn't add much to the wealth of threads in our forums on this site. For some inspiration, you could have a look at the first post of this thread. Don't forget to check out the newbies guide and the forum and site rules (linked to in the guide).
thranduillion
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hello hello!
on: April 10, 2014 08:20
Hello all!
I’m excited to start chatting with folks here, but I suppose I’ll go ahead and answer the suggested questions.
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE): Rio, by most.
Where are you from (country/state)? I’m from the lovely state of Florida in the USA.
How did you find CoE? Stumbled across it whilst looking for the Adventures of Tom Bombadil!
What are your hobbies and interests? I’m an avid cosplayer (I’ve already cosplayed one Bilbo Baggins, and Merry, Thranduil, and Fili are in the works) and somewhat decent artist. As one might assume I’m a big reader and fantasy lover.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? Seen all the movies, read all the books. Just finished up the Silmarillion as well (hard to read but so worth it)!
Anyway, I look forward to being a part of this community!

Link removed by moderator

[Edited on 04/10/2014 by gondolinian]
Image Image
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi thranduillion, welcome to CoE!
Looking for Tom Bombadil, that's one of the most original ways I've heard about how people stumbled across our site . Great!
I'm sorry that I had to remove the link to your tumblr, but our site rules don't allow for the posting of links in posts. You could however add it to your signature . For more info about our site rules, have a look at the newbie guide in the newbies forum. It contains some starter-info and the links to the rules.

Enjoy your membership! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.
thranduillion
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, shoot. I didn't realize that was against regulations!
My apologies, and thank you!
Image Image
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome, Rio! Hope you have fun here!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Rio! Great to have you here with us.
fingon of the elves
Council Member
Send Message
Hi! I just found this site, and I think that it's awesome!
I like to read J.R.R. Tolkien and many other books, and write, and I love nature.
Roads go ever ever on, Over rock and under tree, By caves where never sun has shone, By streams that never find the sea;
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome, welcome!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello and welcome to CoE, Legolas1900, thranduillion and fingon of the elves
fingon of the elves
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks! Glad to be here!
Roads go ever ever on, Over rock and under tree, By caves where never sun has shone, By streams that never find the sea;
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome fingon of the elves! So glad to have you here.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome fingon of the elves, glad to have you on board. Enjoy the site!
bedrok123
Council Member
Send Message
Hello im bedrok and i luv legolas.Also,people call me Legolas Baggins because of my sight radius and midget size.Joined this forum few days ago so i can talk to other tolkien obsessed people.As so,i watched hobbit desolation of smaug few days ago,and i think all 5 movies are good,and im on 2nd book(twin towers book I).
Legolas is the best elf ever
Eregwen_Rincauthiel
Council Member
Send Message
Hi! *waves* I joined because I want to finally get around to learning the Elven languages. My use-name is my real first and middle names translated into Sindar. I've read The Hobbit, the LotR trilogy, and The Silmarillion. I'm currently working my way through Unfinished Tales.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Welcome to CoE bedrok123 and Eregwen. Have fun here.
LithonielGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Mae Govannen (You are well met) to all of the lovely new members joining CoE. For those who are looking to learning elvish please check out the languages of Middle Earth, once you decided your chosen language feel free to check the language forums.There are always fellow members who are willing to help out.

And as for me, i am currently learning Sindarin, but i know a few phases in quenya. I also came across this wonderful place when i was looking for a place to learn elvish. Lithoniel is sindarin for ashleigh my name. But please have fun here.!!!
El sila erin lu e-govaned vin. (A star shines on the hour of our meeting)
pips_mushrooms
Council Member
Send Message
Hello and good day to everyone! Let me introduce myself
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE): You can call me Katie.
Where are you from (country/state)? I come from the very hot state of Texas.
How did you find CoE? I for CoE while looking for some LotR/Tolkien communities. I would very much like to meet people who are interested in LotR as well!
What are your hobbies and interests? I have studied the Japanese language for over 9 years, and really enjoy it, so I guess that can be considered as one of my hobbies. I also love to read, especially, you guessed it, books by Tolkien. Ever since I was assigned The Hobbit for summer reading in 7th grade, I have been hooked. Listening to music, drawing, and blogging are just a few of my other pastimes
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?
I`ve read The Hobbit about 4 times now, and am working through The Lord of the Rings for a second time. I can`t count how many times I have seen the LotR movies!

I`m looking forward to posting on the forums, and getting to know you all better!
See you around

[Edited on 04/20/2014 by pips_mushrooms]
"It is not the strength of the body, but the strength of the spirit." - J.R.R. Tolkien
LithonielGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Pips Mushrooms, its nice to meet a new fellow LoTRs Fan. And everyone here will love to get to meet you. Explore this amazing site, check our forums and fan fic, Even the languages of middle earth, if you ever want to have a crack at Elvish. I'm Ashleigh. Lithoniel is my Sindarin name, it translates as Daughter of Ash Meadow. I've been here for about three months now and i have fallen in love with this site, you will enjoy it here.

[Edited on 04/24/2014 by LithonielGreenleaf]
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello and welcome to CoE. bedrok123, Eregwen_Rincauthiel and pips_mushrooms
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello bedrok123, Eregwen_Rincauthiel and pips_mushrooms. Welcome to CoE! Enjoy your membership and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me. I'll be happy to help out. We've got loads of good stuff, so it will keep you busy for a while discovering it all!
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies! I hope y'all have fun here!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome everyone!
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE) Finnr, means wanderer since I generally will find a path even if there isn't one; which when looking for nothing, generally, you can find the most amazing things
Age 24
Gender M
Where are you from (country/state)? FL
How did you find CoE? google, looking for a place/person to help practice Quenya & Khuzdul
What are your hobbies and interests? computers, Tolkien (obvious), dwarves, comic books, nature, building things myself
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? read The Hobbit reading LotR atm seem all of the current movies minimum multiple times but kinda disappointed with what Jackson did to the original stories but they're still decent
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? finding my way? not really i can wander and figure it out although i have noticed already that some of the links are either dead or go to something they're not suppose to

[Edited on 04/23/2014 by Finnr]
finnr_sig
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Aah! A fellow wanderer. Welcome indeed Finnr to CoE. "A mind lively and at ease, can do with seeing nothing, and can see nothing that does not answer." - Jane Austen. Have fun here.
LithonielGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome any new members!!!! Feel free to explore the realm, and learning new things. Feel free to message me or any other CoE members, We are always willing to help out, just ask. And more important... HAVE FUN!!!

Namarie.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome Finnr. I fear we don't have an extensive course on Khuzdul yet, but for Quenya you'll be able to practice to your heart's content .
The dead links are due to a change to new software some months ago. We're still working hard on fixing them all but our 'CoE library' is so full of stuff that it's not easy to find all broken links and fix them at the same time.
<< First2122232425Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email