Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Of Dragons and Caverns (scripted: pm to join)
on: December 12, 2003 02:42
"Mordor gear! An accursed soy of Mordor. Haldan spat the words out with digust. He turned to the prisiorlying winded, but not yet tied, on the ground, with an arrow aimed at his throat. "What have thee to say for thyself, scum!" Haldan's face was terribl, filled with rage and fury.
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 03:25
"Daro!" Randiron's voice rang clearly through the night air. His blue eyes glittered in the firelight as the other three froze in response to his command.

Enraged, he held the point of his sword at the intruder's heart. His voice was full of ice, as he said, "Answer the question, thief! Who are you?"

(OOC: 'daro' = 'stop')
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 04:57
Gudrith lay down, breathing heavily. He felt the point of the sword shrap against his heart, and the arrow was ready to fly and pierce him. His enemies' eyes said clearly that he would die the moment he dared to move.

He hadn't thought that this affair would end like this.

What in the Middle-earth was he going ta say?! Hi, I am Gudrith, the only son of the Mouth of Sauron, and I want one of your horses?!

He sensed rage coming from all of them, a little less from the shorter one, and hate, mostly from the one that was ready to release his arrow every moment. He closed his eyes. So, it was all the same, whether in Mordor or outside, there was only hate and anger, and desire to kill. The old pain returned with a tremendous force, and he clenched his fists not to let the sudden tears escape his closed eyelids. He wished he was back in the solitude of the forest, where nobody would look at him with hate in their hearts. Why was he never able to shield himself from others' emotions?!

The silence rang in his eyes. He had to say something. One of them, he was not sure for he kept his eyes closed, was about to kill him if he didn't answer now.

"I'm Guddo," he forced out the nickname his mother had used to call him.

"Why were you trying to steel our horses?" the icy cold voice didn't leave him alone.

"Because I needed to get away, that's why!" he cried, not being able to keep his despair hidden anymore. Tears burnt his eyes, but he didn't let them go, as he looked into the cold blue eyes.

A sudden realization struck him, and the boy gasped in surprise.

"You... you are an elf!" His eyes widened in amazement and his mouth fell open.
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 06:59
"Yes," Maethir laughed a little from where he lay. He hadn't bothered to get up, assuming that Randiron and Haldan were quite alright on their own. Jag shoved him a litte, but he pushed the horse away.

"Anyway," Maethir continued, "I might as well tell you who we are, Guddo. I am Maethir of Rivendell and the other two are called Randiron and Haldan. They are pretty supsicious of anyone, so just mind how you act. I don't think they are particularly pleased with me very often, but I get along. We only just started on a journey. If you needed a horse, you should have asked. Taking Jag by surprise nearly always comes out ill. He nearly killed you!"

The young half-elf had a certain confidance about him. As though anyone could do anything and he wouldn't care. He was quite serious as he spoke and almost dignified, despite being friendly.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 07:54
Completely puzzled, Gudrith felt the enemity of Maethir fading and then disappearing at all, as the half-elf laughed and introduced himself. He threw a quick glance at him. There was something unusual about Maethir's emotions he couldn't catch. If you needed a horse, you should have asked. Did he really mean what he said? Gudrith couldn't believe his ears.

The surprise almost made him forget where he was, and the tension was about to disappear, when the other two, the elves brought him back to reality. Their anger hadn't disappeared, it had even grown. A cold hand squeezed the boy's heart.
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 11:15
Maethir looked from Gudrith to his companions and frowned, his unusual emotions suddenly changing once again. He stood up and set himself between the elves and the boy.

"He means us no harm," the half-elf said firmly to Randiron and Haldan. "You shall not touch him!" Maethir did not draw his weapon, but could have easily. He looked at them, sure in his judgement of the boy. Remaining in their path, he bent towards Gudrith and reached out to help him up. Smiling, he said. "Well, Guddo, if you are running from something, you have, at least, one friend. I will help you, though I am afraid that he cannot spare any horses to go another way. However, if you wish to come with us, I believe Jag would carry two if I asked him."
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2003 02:32
"Ho wdo you explain his Mordor gear?!?!" yelled Haldan, rising to his full heihght of (about) six-foot-seven. Rage radiated off him in waves, feeling almost like heat. He seemed to grow more vast, until a powerful force of rage and hate radiated off of him.
"If he does not exlpain that I will kill him now!" he yelled, his voice echoing for miles.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: December 13, 2003 03:06
For the second time that night, Randiron found himself in agreement with Haldan. He wanted to know the answer as well. Maethir's attitude only fueled his ire, and he moved his sword not an inch from its target.

"What else have you stolen, thief, that you are running?" he asked, and the coldness of his voice was as strong as Haldan's had been in that elf's hot anger.

Randiron could feel the fear eminating from their captive, but he didn't care, as he continued even more coldly, "Who is chasing you? Answer! NOW!"
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: December 13, 2003 08:07
Maethir could only be patient for so long and this was too much. When he made up his mind, not an army could change it. Whirling around and drawing his weapon, he pointed it at his companions. His dark eyes grew darker as he drew himself up to his full height. Haldan scoffed a little, towering above the smallish half-elf, but this did not deter him. Frustrated, Maethir made one more attempt settle this peaceably.

"Guddo is running away from Mordor, where he has been kept as a prisoner. His is only a boy, a mortal, but not one with fondness towards darkness. Doubtless he knows the ways of orcs and shall be able to aid us on our mission. If you disagree, my heart shall not allow me to turn from him. Be I right or wrong, here I stand," the young half-elf looked, unafraid and resolutely at Randiron and Haldan.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: December 14, 2003 05:09
Randiron whirled and looked at Maethir. Although he was still angry at the attempted theft, the Elf was also surprised at the youngster's words, and curiosity now colored his voice.

"How do you know he is escaping from Mordor? He has not said so." Sheathing his sword, Randirion then crossed his arms and waited for Maethir's answer.
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: December 14, 2003 09:15
Maethir lowered his weapon readily and looked back at Randiron. When he went to answer, however, he found no reason, but was still sure. "I don't know, I just do......a little," glancing at Gudrith, the young half-elf felt more convinced. "I don't think you could understand, but he has something to do before all's over. You don't have any reason to believe me, but you must."
elfgirl555
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2003 05:12
(I'm going to jump in with the village idea I hope this is all right, please let me know if it isn't, shirehobbit.)

Loryn could still hear the crackling flames of the flames that destroyed what had once been her home. She could still feel the heat on the back of her neck as she rode away, quickly, not daring to look back.

The screams of the villagers echoed in her ears, haunting her, she only rode faster, as if to ride away from her mind.

Her horse was galloping as fast as he could, but he could only go on for so long. He started to slow, and stumble a bit, but it was only then that Loryn slowed him to a brisk walk.

The warg-riders had come in the middle of the night, the blaze they set to the village. The mortal villagers around her had no knowledge of these foul creatures, and Loryn had escaped as soon as she could.

A single sound caught her ear, the ring of a sword being pulled out of its sheath. She dismounted, looping her horse's reins about her hand and walking slowly towards the sound. As she approached, she heard raised voices, arguing.

"Guddo is running away from Mordor, where he has been kept as a prisoner. His is only a boy, a mortal, but not one with fondness towards darkness. Doubtless he knows the ways of orcs and shall be able to aid us on our mission. If you disagree, my heart shall not allow me to turn from him. Be I right or wrong, here I stand."

"How do you know he is escaping from Mordor? He has not said so."

She heard the quieter talk of conversation increase as she grew closer to their camp, where she saw two elves, like herself, a man in the garb of Mordor, and another, that seemed to be an elf but yet was not. Not wanting to seem unfriendly, she stepped in the midst of them, even though she may have possibly been intruding on their conversation.

"Hello," she said quietly, "I could not help hearing your conversation while in the woods, and wondered if you would possibly have any place for a lone stranger to stay the night."
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2003 01:04
Now that was a turn of the situation! Gudrith was completely lost. Why in the world shoud anybody protect him? He had attacked Maethir and wounded him, and still the young half-elf stood against his comrades for him, Gudrith, who hadn't even told his real name! And how could he possibly know that he was escaping Mordor? Gudrith's eyes narrowed in suspicion. He couldn't have known it if he hadn't been there himself. And about him being a prisoner, was he lying deliberately? Or he had been too low in rank to know...

At the quiet voice behind them, everybody nearly jumped, so high was the tension. Both elves swung around to face the new threat, only Maethir remained where he was.

There stood a tired maiden, all covered with dirt and ashes, with light vertical lines over her cheeks left by the traces of the tears. It was completely impossible to determine the color of her hair or her clothes that looked as if been on fire, and the smell of burn came from her. The sight of two elves ready to fight this unprotected maiden was more than ridiculous, and they understood it the very next moment, and lowered their weapons.

"I'm sorry, miss, we didn't mean to startle you," Randiron excused himself, then he seemed to really notice the way she looked. The lef gasped: "What has happened?! Can we be of any help?"

This was the moment, Gudrith thought. Everybody's attention was drawn towards the maiden and nobody was watching him. He jumped up and ran for the shadowy shelter of the bushes.

Somebody cursed behind, and a bowstring sang. Gudrith felt pain piercing his right leg, just below the knee, he screamed and fell down.

"Stay out of this, Maethir!" he heard an angry yell behind.

"I won't let you kill him!" the softer voice countered.

"I don't need my bow for that," there was a sound of a fight, and then Gudrith was shown on his back, and a shining dagger captured his sight.

"No! Daro Haldan!" came another scream, this time from Randiron, and all went black.
In the Realm of Ulmo
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2003 02:32
"Why should I not kill him? If he was innocent he wouldn't have run. I am not going to be tricked and stabbed i my sleep. You will believe the word of a dirty blood half-Elf? Randiron, have you lost your senses, or do you have a desire for death?" Haldan yelled all this, his dagger poised for a throw, hate coming off him in waves.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: December 15, 2003 04:38
Randiron's eyes flashed, and with a swift motion, he knocked the dagger from Haldan's hands. Before the taller Elf could make another move, Randiron's sword was at his throat. "I am the leader of his mission!" he said coldly. "You will do as I say! There will be no killing - yet!" Not sparing Haldan another look, he nodded to Maethir. "See to Guddo's wound," he ordered, and resheathed his sword.

Randiron still wanted to know the answers, but first things first. He turned to the disheveled Elleth who had appeared so suddenly from the forest. He bowed his head slightly and said, "Mae govannen, Hiril. You must forgive our actions." He glared at Guddo for a moment and then turned to her again. "What has happened that you are alone in this wood?" And then, suddenly remembering his manners, he said, "I am Randiron." Pointing to the others, he said, "This is Haldan and Maethir." And then, with a glare at him, the Elf said, "And this one says his name is Guddo. We caught him trying to steal one of our horses."

Returning his gaze to the Elleth, Randiron then said, "And may we have your name, Hiril?"

[Edited on 15/12/2003 by gwendeth]
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: December 15, 2003 10:06
Maethir, though not easily driven to anger, loathed Haldan for what he had done. Quietly he knelt by Gudrith, ignoring the others and barely noticing Loryn. Carefully he cleaned Gudrith's wound, whispering while he did, though more to himself than the boy.

"Ai! Curse Haldan," he muttered, then stopped himself. Even yet, he felt it wrong to actually hate the elf. Still, the words dirty blood half-elf were hard to forgive.

Maethir glanced up when he had finished, but tried not to look at Haldan though he felt the elf's eyes watching him. Then, for the first time, Maethir noticed fully Loryn's presance. He smiled a little and nodded, but quickly turned back to Gudrith.
elfgirl555
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2003 11:16
"I'm sorry, miss, we didn't mean to startle you. What has happened?! Can we be of any help?"

Loryn was about to answer when suddenly one of the elves quickly pulled out an arrow and let it fly, bringing her attention to the man making his way away from the campsite. A small fight ensued, Loryn watching with a concerned look on her face. The other elf knocked the dagger out of the elf's hands and ordered him to tend to the man's wound before turning back to her.

"Mae govannen, Hiril. You must forgive our actions. What has happened that you are alone in this wood? I am Randiron. This is Haldan and Maethir. And this one says his name is Guddo. We caught him trying to steal one of our horses. And may we have your name, Hiril?"

This was said by the elf in the midst of the others. She looked uncertainly around at the rest of them, before answering all of his questions and explaining her presence.

"My name is Loryn, of Lothlorien. I was visiting a nearby village when we were attacked by the warg-riders. They set fire to our village and killed all of the villagers. I managed to escape on my horse, but I found your campsite and thought you might be able to help me."

She suddenly realized her appearance might be a bit unsettling, the dirt covering her face streaked with tears, he clothes and hair singed, and ashes covering her clothes. A large gash from one of the foul orc-blades ran down her leg. She looked up at the rest of them, her horse nibbling at her shoulder gently.
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2003 02:28
Hladan stood in silence, glaring the fiercest look he could muster. He had retrieved his dagger, slipping it into the secret place inside his boot.
Wlaking a little ways into the trees. He could hear them tending to the wound s of their "guests". fools he thought. Homeless waifs and vagabonds would only be more mouths to feed.
Smiling grimly, he thought of the time when he could be rid of these fools and go where he would.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: December 16, 2003 02:44
"My name is Loryn, of Lothlorien. I was visiting a nearby village when we were attacked by the warg-riders. They set fire to our village and killed all of the villagers. I managed to escape on my horse, but I found your campsite and thought you might be able to help me."

Raniron's eyes widened. Warg-riders? A village attacked? It would seem the rumors were true. Nodding then, the Elf retrieved a water bottle, handed it to the Elleth, and with what grace he could muster, bid her help herself to what remained of their dinner.

Haldan had walked apart, but Randiron spared him no fruther attention. Instead, he turned his attenion to Maethir and Guddo. The young half-elf had bound the wound on the would-be thief's leg and given him water.

Randiron's blue eyes were cold as they met Guddo's. He didn't draw his sword again, but his voice was hard when he spoke. "It is now time for you to answer our questions fully, 'Master' Guddo. Who are you and from what are you running?"
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2003 04:15
Gudrith had been suspicious to drink the water offered. Was it poisoned? He wouldn't have let Maethir to care for his wound, for the same reason. He had seen many times orcs putting a cloth soaked with a special poison to fresh wounds of their captives to make them lose the control of their minds and to break their wills. It was done by the order of his father. But this Maethir somehow confused him. There was no doublethink about him, he really seemed to care. For him.

The cold that came from Randir brought him back to reality.

"It is now time for you to answer our questions fully, 'Master' Guddo. Who are you and from what are you running?"

Gudrith locked his eyes on Randiron's. He was not to be broken, even if his fears were true. He felt he shouldn't lie, not to this elf.

"I lived in Mordor a long time. My family were slaves of Sauron." Now this was definite, he thought. "When my mother died, I ran away."

This was the truth, from a certain point of view. From his own point of view. It might, however, seem different for others.

Randiron seemed to be thinking about it. "You still haven't told me who is chasing you."

"Isn't it obvious? Orcs. Who else?" Gudrith shrugged. He was thankful that the moment of despair was over, and the door to his soul was safely shut and locked again.
In the Realm of Ulmo
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: December 16, 2003 08:15
Maethir smiled. "You must be hard to catch to escape from Mordor," he said, trying to be cheerful. When, he turned to help Loryn, however, his sorrow showed. "So, you alone escaped?" his face saddened. "Ah, well, I am glad that you found us."

Rising from his place, he sat a little ways off. Although still carefully watching Haldan, he bowed his head a little. Two new companions, as Maethir viewed them, both running and both with such pain. Loryn was strong, the half-elf could see that, but so was Gudrith. How could he reach him and how could he convince Randiron? "He must do that, himself, if he will," Maethir whispered. He stared at the boy. He smiled slightly when the boy stared back, but said nothing.

Maethir wanted to leave, to find a quiet placecforjust a while, but he felt that he could not trust Haldan and even Randiron to stay alone with Gudrith. The young half-elf rested his head in his hands. Never before had he been in a situation like this and he did not wish to be thus with his companions.
elfgirl555
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2003 11:52
"So, you alone escaped? Ah, well, I am glad that you found us."

Loryn nodded and bowed her head, accepting the bottle of water from Randiron eagerly, and drinking much of it. She let go her horse's reins and left him to get his own food while she sat down.

The noises still echoed in her head, and her's was a pained expression as she sat, finishing what little food remained. They had clearly not expected anyone else to be joining them, and although they did not seem suspicious of her, the man from Mordor seemed to be a complete mystery to them.

She studied the man's clothing, in the style of Mordor, and now noticed his wound on the back of his leg. Her skill in healing was very limited, so she did not think she could be of any help.

She sensed some tension in their small camp, as only Maethir and Randiron seemed to be on good terms at the moment. The other had gone off into the woods, and the man was clearly no acquaintance of theirs.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: December 17, 2003 09:09
Orcs. Wonderful. Warg-riders and now orcs! Randiron was not pleased in the least. It seemed clear that while he and Maethir had managed to at least call a truce between themselves - an unspoken one - but a truce nonetheless, that Haldan was definately going to be a problem.

And...now this refugee Elleth, not to mention Guddo. Randiron glared at Haldan's back and then turned away, gazing out into the forest in another direction as he tried to think what to do.
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: December 17, 2003 09:51
((redwallreader is probably watching ROTK, bother him!! I can't go today, I have to wait for Saturday.:cry)

Maethir glanced up as Randiron turned away. Slowly rising to his feet, the half-elf walked over to him. "I'm sorry," he said quietly. "I know you are angry with me, but....well...you are wrong." Maethir paused. "Can't you try?"

He began to walk away, feeling both frustrated and upset. Reflecting, he probably should have just been silent! Telling Randiron that was wrong, he thought (sarcastically), would cast him a favorable light for sure. He felt sorrowful because his friends were important to him.

The half-elf was jerked alert by a piercing whinny. Slightly annoyed, Maethir tugged on Jag's bridle to quiet him. The horse arched his neck and shoved the half-elf to the ground, then looked around worriedly. Maethir's senses were now alert as well. He tried to pry into the forest beyond where they were. Orcs!

"Yrch!" he cried, rushing to Gudrith. He grabbed the boy and dragged he towards Jag. Helping him on, he looked straight into his eyes. "If I say, ride hard and don't look back! They want you, so that's what we can't let them have!"

Drawing his bow, he shouted to the others. "Orcs! Only a short ways off! We must be ready!"
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 12:11
Gudrith had been sitting quietly, watching as the maiden ate hungrily. No one bothered to ask him if he was hungry. He turned his sight away to avoid anybody seeing his starving gaze. So this is what the elves are like! He had imagined them different...

"Yrch!" he cried, rushing to Gudrith. He grabbed the boy and dragged he towards Jag. Helping him on, he looked straight into his eyes. "If I say, ride hard and don't look back! They want you, so that's what we can't let them have!"

Drawing his bow, he shouted to the others. "Orcs! Only a short ways off! We must be ready!"

Gudrith could but stare at Maethir. He had tried to steel his horse, and instead of killing him for that, the half-elf was giving him Jag! Gudrith's jaw dropped open, as he sat on the horse which seemed to accept him now, and watched Maethir grabbing his bow, and the others jumping up, too. The maiden rushed to her own horse, but it looked like she didn;t have any weapon. Gudrith's own dagger was now in Randiron's things.

"Rakh!" came a gutural yell from the bushes. "Go!" The bushes moved suddenly and a host of orcs rushed out.

"Stand with our backs together!" cried Randiron, his sword ready.

There were about eight orcs, with heavy black swords in their strong hands. Six of them attacked tha elves, two rushed towards Gudrith. Jag reared, neighing wildly.

"Ride!" he heard Maethir's call, the half-elf feared for his horse, too. Without looking back, Gudrith turned Jag and rode away in the darkness.
In the Realm of Ulmo
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 06:51
The horse needed no bidding, but from his master. At the signal, Jag bolted, tearing away from the orcs. The horse was swift, despite his usually lazy gaits, and seemed to know that he was not to be caught. A few orcs broke off from the main company to chase him, but the horse tossed his head. He seemed to laugh at the orcs futile attempts.

Maethir risked a look back and nearly laughed. Those orcs would never catch his horse, so let them try! The young half-elf's expert archery into play now. Battling the orcs was no greatly terrifying experiance for him. He took the whole thing seriously, but was not afraid. The orcs were now at such close quarters, that every time the distinct twanging noise was heard, an orc fell.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 02:24
His attention on the attacking orcs, Randiron had no time to spare to wonder about Maethir's actions. As he swung his blade, though, he took his fuming ire out on one beast, severing its head from its body before turning to the next. Out-numbered the small group might be, but out-matched they were not. With satisfaction, Randiron watched another orc fall at his feet.
elfgirl555
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 05:16
((Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was at Rotk, opening day was quite exciting, with my class. It was very good!))

Loryn threw her plate on the ground and jumped up to go to her horse, remembering as she ran that she had left her blade in the small house she used to call home, for a while.

She quickly mounted her horse, and drawing a small dagger mainly used for eating from her side, she decided she would have to make do.

She swung at a few orcs that came towards her, not killing many but wounding some, and she heard the cries of the orcs as the others brought them down.
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 02:38
((ooc: RotK was AMAZING. I won't go into details, but it was GREAT! The BEST!))
Fifteen more orcs poured into the clearing. They were severely outnumbered now.
Above Randiron, a dark figure moved in the trees. With a yell it hurtled down, bow twanging. Haldan fire three arrows in seconds and had drawn a middle sized sword. Taking on two at once, he towered over his adversaries. cutting off ones head, he turned to take teh other one. He also looked to see how the rest of the company was faring.
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 07:16
((I bet it was!! ))

Maethir was holding his own and the orcs seemed to be falling back. Though quite many in numbers, it was obvious that this was merely a scouting party, sent to capture someone who was alone. Even so, these were determinded, perhaps there was some great evil if they returned having failed. Still it was unclear whether they were after Loryn, Gurdrith or someone else entirely.

As he was battling an orc, the half-elf was suddenly struck by something and fell. The orc towered above him brandishing a cutlass. As he charged, Maethir grabbed a pike that lay beside him and raised it, impaling the orc upon it. The foe fell and Maether shoved the carcass aside. Rising, he found that the small number of remaining enemy were fleeing, only about six of them in number. Grasping his bow, the young half-elf sent a swift messanger after them; one fell dead.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 11:46
Randiron smiled grimly as he watched the fleeing orcs. However, he swiftly grabbed his own bow and added an arrow of his own to that of Maethir's, bringing another foe down. He then turned and keenly surveyed the small band, and found himself relieved that there were no injuries.

Loryn had dismounted her horse and was cleaning her dagger. Randiron exchanged a brief glare with Haldan before turning to Maethir. The Elf's voice was cold as he said, "Now, where have you sent Guddo?"

"Indeed, I should like to know as well," and Haldan's voice held an unrestrained rage within it.

Not sparing the other ellon another glance, Randiron then crossed his arms and continued, somewhat sarcastically, "I don't suppose you have a way to retrieve your horse, do you?" Without giving Maethir a chance to answer, the Elf turned to look at the dead orcs laying strewn over the ground. Eyeing them carefully, he noted what Maethir had before - this was a scouting party. Their gear made that plain. They were not warg-riders, so clearly, they had been after Guddo.

Raging quietly to himself, and trying to get a hold on his temper, Randiron then walked over to his horse. Laying a hand on Nauren's silky mane, he closed his eyes and tried to puzzle it out. What was it that made Guddo so important that orcs would come so far tracking him? It was one thing to track a thief, but orcs didn't do so - not like this. And...there was something strange about that youngster...something, but the Elf couldn't quite put his finger on it. And now...Guddo had disappeared into the black forest night.
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2003 02:28
"That..." Haldan's rage was beginning to break through. "That MORDOR MAGGOT, has dissapeared. HOw convenient that he issapears just at the moment after we get attacked by orcs. If he's not helping them, how did they know wjere we were?" Haldan knew, really knew, that Gudo wasn't helping the orcs. But his anger needed to be let out before he exploded. He looked at the company for answers to his question.

[Edited on 22/12/2003 by redwallreader]
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: December 20, 2003 01:16
Maethir stubbornly ignored the question, despite that he could easily answer it. Insults, even when not directed at him, made him angry. "This dirty blood half-elf killed got fifteen orcs, how many did you?" he asked. He smiled slightly, knowing that he had surpassed Haldan by one. This perhaps, was unkind and not an excellent way to win friends, but Maethir sought revenge. He had made up his mind to ignore all further questions about Gudrith, unless his companions chose a kinder route.

Turning his back to them, he clearly refused to answer any questions. He folded his arms and sang quietly, knowing that Jag, and thus Gudrith with him, were safe and could be easily found at any time, either by their choice or his.

[Edited on 21/12/2003 by CarolP]
elfgirl555
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2003 04:35
Loryn watched the exchange of words curiously, but determined that it would be best not to interfere with what she didn't yet understand. To her knowledge, the companions distrusted eachother, and Guddo running off hadn't helped matters any.

"Excuse me, Hir Nin," she said quietly to Maethir, "But do you have any idea why our group was attacked, and if it had anything to do with the boy from Mordor?"
gwendeth
Send Message
on: December 20, 2003 06:50
"Excuse me, Hir Nin, but do you have any idea why our group was attacked, and if it had anything to do with the boy from Mordor?"

Loryn's quiet voice broke through Randiron's fuming. He hadn't really expected that Maethir would answer him anyway. The Elf was more angry at himself than anything or anyone else. He was "supposed" to be in charge...and yet...in less than a day from Rivendell, he felt things were totally out of his control.

Randiron sighed to himself, walked back to the fire, and threw a few branches on to rekindle the dying embers. He sat down and stared into the now-dancing flames and wondered if Maethir would actually answer the Elleth's question.

12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email