Register

<< First56789
Author Topic:
Astalder
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Phantom of the Opera
on: July 16, 2007 07:00
oh and btw, I prefer the newest film.. :rolling: I absolutely loved the music!!! it was absolutely amazing!!! one thing I love about the song Phantom of the Opera is how they made it sound kinda modern with the electric guitar...yet it didn't sound modern, you know what I mean?? :banghead: I don't think I'm making ANY sense... lol
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: July 16, 2007 09:37
I know exactly what you mean, Astalder! I like the guitar too.

The guy who played Raoul (Patrick Wilson) is just too gosh-darned pretty for his own good, ya know???
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2007 02:46
Yeah, he is too good looking! But I think that Gerard Butler, who played Phantom, is even better looking! Such a beautiful man!
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: July 17, 2007 07:41
Don't even get me started, woodlandelf...:drool:

I actually very much dislike Raoul for the simple reason that he stole Christine from the Phantom...the Phantom deserved the so much...:love:
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2007 03:12
I always think of it this way: it's great that Raoul got Christine in the end, because that way I can have Phantom all to myself!
Astalder
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2007 05:10
my mom went nuts over Gerard. quite frankly I think he looks a little strange (?) without his phantom mask. I don't know, maybe because that's the only thing I've seen him in.. :dizzy:

he is kinda cute... I've seen cuter *cough* my crush *cough* ... lol :love:

I watched Phantom the other day and when they did the song "Poor fool He makes me laugh" (?) I just started cracking up. I have NO idea why!

[Edited on 7/18/2007 by Astalder]
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: July 18, 2007 09:29
Who wouldn't go nuts over Gerry??? He's not cute, he's GORGEOUS!!!:love:
~Larxene~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2007 01:02
Oh! I love Phantom! I love Andrew Lloyd-Webber in general! The film rocks.

My ambition is to be an actress in The West End, and I'd LOVE to be Christine. I'm taking voice lessons when I start my Performing Arts course in september.
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2007 03:27
Good luck ~Larxene~! I hope you're able to play the part some day! Have you seen the stage version? It's actually a bit different than the movie version. I saw the movie first and at first I even liked it better. But now I have to say I like the stage version better.
~Larxene~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2007 07:22
Sadly, I live in Devon (England) with a lack of transport. I've never been to London. My sister has been once, to see The Canterbury Tales.

Yeah, I can imagine it being better than the film. Is the current actress as good as the legendary Sarah?
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2007 03:29
Well, I live in the US and I've never been to London, so I don't know how the current actress in London is, but I have seen it in New York and the current Christine (Jennifer Hope Wills) is absolutely amazing! I don't know if she's better than Sarah, since I'm sure they have different styles, but she is very good. Most people do say that no one can beat Sarah. I guess its just your own personal opinion.
~Larxene~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2007 02:06
That is very true. But I also loved Emmy Rossum as Christine in the film. And Gerry Butler...^^

But, generally, nothing beats an Andrew Lloyd Webber musical.

[Edited on 20/7/2007 by ~Larxene~]
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: July 20, 2007 11:16
*clap clap* You said it, Larxene! ^^
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2007 05:13
I don't like it when people say that Emmy Rossum and Gerry Butler sounded horrible in the movie. No, they aren't professional like the actors on stage, but they still sound good in their own way. Again, I guess its just a matter of opinion.

But, generally, nothing beats an Andrew Lloyd Webber musical.

The only one I have seen is Phantom, but I love the music from Cats! I've also heard other songs from other musicals, and they're all absolutely amazing!
~Larxene~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2007 12:21
Uh...I said I like them both...or meant to...
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2007 03:22
Oh, I know you said you liked them both, I was just saying that it bothers me when people say how they don't like them.
~Larxene~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2007 01:02
Ah right. sorry for the misunderstanding!

Yeah, I agree with you. WHY would someone NOT like Emmy as Christine? She has an amazing voice.
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2007 04:17
I know! Her voice is very pretty. I also liked her acting. A lot of people didn't like that either. They say she only has one expression on her face lol.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: July 28, 2007 08:31
Yes, Emmy has a great voice, and she acts well. I'm just not too fond of the character of Christine. She's such a flitterwit and inconsistent...but that's just me. Nothing against Emmy, of course
~Larxene~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2007 11:32
...I have to say I like Gerry aswell...

...More so when he's not got the look of the Phantom xD
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2007 12:13
I think Gerry looks better as the Phantom than as anything else. But, no matter what he's in, he looks good!! :love:

Yeah Shadowfax_Pip, I know what you mean. She can be annoying at times, but I still like her character.

Have any of you read the book? I did, and it's very good. It's a lot different from the play, but very interesting as well. I want to read it again sometime soon.
~Larxene~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2007 02:48
No...because I thought it would only be in French! I'll have to look in Waterstones!

I MUST read it.

I made a Phantom signature....but it's not very good. check it out:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/UltimaValenheart/phantomsig.jpg
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: August 03, 2007 11:07
I think your signature is rather cool, Larxene! But then I think everything Phantom is cool...

The book is excellent...but I think I've already said that I'd also suggest the Susan Kay book Phantom. It's very in depth and explains a lot of what the original novel does not cover. I will warn you though, a couple of parts are a bit iffy for younger readers. I would not suggest it to kids under 15 or so.
~Larxene~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2007 11:42
I'm almost nineteen, so I should be alright with it xD

I'll check it out when I can.
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2007 03:28
I like your sig! It's very nice.

I need to read that novel too. I'm 20, so I think I can read it too.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: August 08, 2007 08:02
I'm spreading the madness...slowly but surely :evil:
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2011 11:47
I currently have the original Andrew Lloyd Webber soundtrack on my iPod, and have seen the movie. It's awesome!! Both, the soundtrack and the movie. But besides that, has anyone noticed that, in the ALW soundtrack, that Christine's voice gets shriller as the musical goes on? Maybe that's just me, but. . .

What are your fav songs, anyone?
Ellirwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2011 03:37
"Music of the Night" "The Phantom of the Opera" "Think of Me" "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again." (In no particular order)
I hadn't noticed that about her voice. I'll have to go check now. (You do mean Sarah Brightman, right?)
The (relatively) new movie brought me semi-fame because I look a lot like Emmy Rossum as Christine. Especially when I curl my hair.
"Though she be but little, she is fierce." -A Midsummer Night's Dream
Eruvande~Elleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2011 04:04
Has anyone seen that they have made a second story (don't worry, Webber wrote it himself). It is pretty good. Three of my favorite songs are: "Love Never Dies", "Beauty Underneath", and "Devil take the Hindmost". Listening to it right now!
Ohh...it is called "Love Never Dies".

[Edited on 13/5/2011 by Eruvande~Elleth]
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
OMG!!!!! I LOVE Phantom of the Opera!!!! It's the only musical I've EVER fallen in love with!!!!! <3
"A sprinter learning to wait."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I love the music! *swoon*
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I just want to CRY every time i listen to him sing <3 I want someone to sing like that to me <3
"A sprinter learning to wait."
<< First56789
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email