Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
Post The New Dragonbreath Inn: OOC Discussions
on: December 19, 2003 04:22
Okay, NDBI members! Here we can discuss the thread in TR. If anyone wants to join that hasn't, PM me, and it is in Tolkien Related.

[Edited on 19/12/2003 by Nimrochben]
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The New Dragonbreath Inn: OOC Discussions
on: December 19, 2003 10:09
Order! The first issues will be brought to the stand (sorry I just had to do that)

1. Axeia and Thenglas: Yeeeeaah this is getting interesting. Be best if it was thought out.

2. The Dark Elves and the Rohirrim of Edoras: Should there be any helpful interaction of the Elves? Non helpful? Same goes for the Edoras Soldiers.

3.And always...: What next?
Naurmaethor
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 10:40
1. This definitly makes the thread more interesting, infact. RPG Character wise (and this is totally up to you two) I think either you two's characters should be like a "couple" not all goofy giggly. But kinda like Arwen looks at Aragorn kinda thing. or Get married some time.

2. I dunno maybe, they could kinda reject us or Axeia or Integra cause they were banished.

3.WE MAKE A MOVIE!!!! j/k that would be so awesome....
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate: and though I oft have passed them by, a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Galadreil112
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 12:05
1. Its completely up to you and Ayla, when she gets here. I think where its going is perfect..

2. There could be some more interaction with Inttegra and Axiea with the Dark Elves, since they both know the race quite well.. *wink wink* No clue with the Edoras soldiers.

3. Maybe we should cool it down for a bit. Let everything get rebuilt, let Thenglas & Axiea recover, Duuuh, etc..
orlis_gal
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 12:49
1. I think you should go with the flow...

2. I think there should be some interaction but not too much if u get the drift.

3. I agree with Galadreil112, we should let things cool off a bit, (i havent even posted there yet lol)
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 12:54
Welcome, orlis_gal, would you like to join? And have you read any of the thread yet? (you don't need to read it all, just the first and recent posts, but if you have enough time on your hands you can read it all)
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 04:23
Yay!! An OOC thread!!! TY Nim!!

Okay, here's what I was thinking, and feel free to reject this, all of you!!

Throughout my numerous and lengthy posts, you'll notice that I often make references to Axeia's past, her "former rank", etc. I was going to take the thread in the direction of the "prodigal daughter called home in time of need."

1. Axeia and Thenglas: This is fun! Axeia's profile states that she's a loner and doesn't make friends, but she sees something of herself in Thenglas. He has a past as well, and if anyone understands pain and regret, it's Thenglas. I think it would be fun to make them friends, since Axeia is so resistant to friendship. Thenglas could introduce her to the concept that although relationships are work, they are not without their rewards. As to what happens, we'll see where it leads us. Axeia is not the "settle down" type, but the New Dragonbreath is growing on her more than she'd like to admit.

2. The Dark Elves and Rohirrim: The Dark Elves were under the command of General Mornrochben, who we all know is Axeia's former lover/commander/destroyer. Since he is now dead, the command falls to Axeia, and they have come to take her home to her father. Her father was the one who had her Exiled in the first place, but he has made an alliance with the Dark Elves in order to fight a great evil, fulfilling a prophecy made long ago. Axeia is part of the prophecy, hence all the allusions to a "Gathering" in my way earlier posts. What do you all think?? The Gathering leads to another war with Dark Forces, which is ironic since Axeia and the Dark Elves fight them. Galadriel?? What do you think?? The Golohd called home?? PM me!! Dark Elves by nature aren't all that...nice...but they are under Axeia's command, and will do what she says, as long as her commands don't countermand the order to bring her to her father.

3. See above... I agree with Galadriel. I do think everything needs to get rebuilt before we take off on another adventure, and the Dark Elf army would be obliged to help if Axeia orders it. Thenglas and Axeia both need to heal, and I'm sure the others have wounds to recover from as well.

Like I said, feel free to reject any of these! I love to write, and I tend to ramble on, but this is so very much fun! Thanks for indulging me!
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 05:13
How do you guys insert TNDBI link into your signature?? I would like to do that too!! Also, do you think "mercenary" is a good title, or are there other suggestions???

[Edited on 20/12/2003 by Aylaleia]
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2003 07:44
Thanks for the replies everyone!

1. This is tricky. Naur, you suggested marriage, Galad, you let us decide, and Alya, you suggested friendship. Marriage and friendship are both good things to do.

Marriage would require Axeia to give up her elf heritage and the Dark Elven and golohd ties. Friendship is good also, and little effort. As you said, Alya, it would be good and fun for the character to have a friend, and Thenglas is one of the few Axeia knows that does not fear her. Both ideas can be done, however, and Axeia can lead her army still. I think I have a good plan to combine everything.

Maybe they make a treaty of friendship at the tent or whenever, then Axeia leads the Dark Elves to victory, and fulfills prophecy. Then, everything comes peaceful, and Axeia returns to the lookout.

Then, maybe things get better and better and better between Axeia and Thenglas until it does come to marriage.

I guess that would clear everything.

Maybe Edoras helps clean up instead of the Elves; the elves have business with Axeia. Besides, Rohirrim know Rohirrim the best.

And for the code, Alya, put this around New Dragonbreath Inn, except use brackets (This is a bracket BTW=[) instead of {'s

{url=http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=8775&page=1}New Dragonbreath Inn{/url}

[Edited on 20/12/2003 by Nimrochben]
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2003 10:48
Wonderful suggestions, Nim! I like the "friendship to marriage" theme. We'll see where that goes!

And I agree with the Dark Elves not helping clear up the outpost. They aren't the housecleaning type!

Thanks for the link!!! I hope I did it right!

Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2003 03:30
Yup. You did it right.

Now, a few things caught my eye when Melethir spoke.

"...and victory is ensured at the cost of his life."

Cost of Thenglas' life? Is that really what it means? Is it a mistunderstanding of Melethir's?

Also, it spoke of three times Thenglas would try to kill Axeia. Was it really three? Or are two more to come? And three times save her, is that two more to come?

And the three things, Deceit, Doubt, and Betrayal. Have any of these become yet?

Sorry that I've got so much stuff to ask, its just what you had in mind. And I wonder if only a few of these nine things and more have been accomplished, can there be a way to make them go by quicker and flow together? Ideas from all are appreciated.

Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2003 05:37
Don't worry Nim! Several of those nine things have already happened, (remember, prophecy is hard to interpret correctly!), and the "cost of his life" thing is conjecture only, as that part of the prophecy is faded, illegible, missing, etc.

We'll work it out...!!
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2003 07:26
I just had a thought! What time zone is everyone in? I'm in Pacific!
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2003 07:44
Eastern. I was about to say Atlantic, but thats one more over
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2003 07:47
You know, we could work the friendship to marriage thing into the fact that some of the prophecy is missing...
orlis_gal
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2003 07:50
I got invited by Naur lol, I've read the whole thing and it looks interesting, I won't come into it though until you are back in the inn and everything or it will look kinda weird if I was to suddenly step out immediately after a battle!!! :blush:
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2003 08:48
That's fine.
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2003 03:59
Good idea Nim! the whole "Giving his life for her" could mean mearriage, if you think about it....
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2003 04:15
Ah....yes I do...
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 04:07
Note everyone that this "marriage" thing is In-Character and should by NO MEANS be applied to Out of Character subjects or persons or members of this thread.

[Edited on 22/12/2003 by maeghin]
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 01:25
Okay, with that out of the way...

1.Sojourn to the Old Dragonbreath: I think I'm going to have Thenglas travel to the Old Dragonbreath Inn alll the way in Esgaroth. It would be interesting. Should any Inn members go along ya think?

2.When: When is Axeia going to fufill the prophecy?

[Edited on 22/12/2003 by Nimrochben]
Galadreil112
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 02:12
I'll go back to the Old Dragonbreath, that should be cool.
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 02:29
I second that!!! This whole "marriage" thing is TOTALLY IN CHARACTER ONLY!! (My husband would get rather peeved if it wasn't! ) It's called "Role Playing GAME" for a reason! LOL
My apologies, Nim, if any of this has made you or anyone else uncomfortable!!

Anyway, that said!:

1. I think Axeia is going to head to Gondor for a bit; there's a damsel to be rescued, though Noth might want to accompany Integra to the Old Dragonbreath. Axeia needs some time to herself to think and heal up.

2. When:....we'll see! Is there a time frame I need to work within???? Lemme know!!

Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 02:50
Glad you agree

1. Okay, that's good.

2.Umm, no certain time frame, no.
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 03:50
Oh yes, Naur wont be here for a week...
Galadreil112
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 23, 2003 01:30
I'll glady have Noth accompany Integra.

Christmas vacation for Naur, Nim?
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2003 02:53
Yup, Galadreil, you guessed it, Christmas vacation.

Okay, so far we have going:

Thenglas

Integra

Noth

And I think Naur will appreciate Dornadann going, although he won't be controlled.

I hope they can leave as soon as possible, as soon as Thenglas tells them and gets Brandtaen readied. You will have Integra use either Enkil or Moraku, I assume, Galad?

Galadreil112
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 23, 2003 05:42
I'll bring both. They deserve to see it too. Besides, Dornadann will need a travelling partner while he's away...
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2003 08:14
Okay that's fine.

Now I'm trying to get them going ASAP there, so maybe Integra can go back to the Inn from the medical tent ASAP. Is that ok, Galad?
Galadreil112
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 23, 2003 09:54
Good with me.

[Edited on 4/1/2004 by Abraon]
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2003 06:14
I'll be taking a wee break for Christmas too! I'm closing my coffee shop early tomorrow, and Christmas Day, to spend time with my family! Happy Holidays, everyone, whatever you celebrate, be it Christmas, Solstice, Chanukka, Kwanzaa, or any other holiday I haven't mentioned!

I think I'm going to keep Axeia in the medical stay for a day or so, like Noth "suggested". She has Elethian to talk to, and Melathir. They need to settle a few things....hee hee. (Wipe that evil grin off your face, Galad!!! Maybe Integra could "soften" Elethian up a bit before she heads to the Inn. He could use a little...humbling, before he addresses his Princess once again. Go play with him!!!) :love:

Have an adventure with the Old Dragonbreath, and watch Thenglas' wound, Nim! Too much strain and it might open up again!!

Hugs,
Ayla
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2003 05:02
Okay, thanks for telling us. And yes, Galad is taking a break, too, until New Year's Eve. I posted that they left, so we can "pretend" they are off flying to their destination.

Yes, I'll keep an eye on that wound. Easterlings really know how to give you a big one.
Galadreil112
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 24, 2003 04:06
They may have already left, but don't think Integra cannot have a flashback of hours before! Mwahha... Leave it to me, Ayla!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND WHATEVUH TO ALL!:evil:
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2003 03:55
Hey ya'll! Something ya'll keep mentioning prompts a question; why/how would we get shut down? Are there rules governing how much/mow many people you must have to keep your forum open? If so, what are they? It would suck if they closed us down!! Why would they do that?

Ayla
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2003 04:31
I dont think there is any restriction but at least two people (one the thread starter and the other another who joins). But I'm not really sure, maybe PBHF can help in The Rusty Pail
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email