YES, THE SLEEPY! MWAHAHA. :evil:

AAAAAH!
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The New Dragonbreath Inn: OOC Discussions
on: April 03, 2004 11:53
AHHH!

I thought I had posted Thursday, but no! Its not there at all! Sigh...Maybe I can post tomorrow, if it'll let me...
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2004 09:26
Sooooo...I was thinking about how to write Axeia out of her current predicament. Since my character garnered fifty points exactly and has been rated "Rewrite. PLEASE." by the online LOTR "Mary Sue" Litmus Test (Thanks for the link, Galad! I had a lot of fun!), I figured I'd tone her down a bit. (She really IS a Mary Sue, isn't she? WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS SAY SOMETHING?! You all know I'm a first-time RP'er!)

So, here's my thoughts:

1) The "Bourne Identity Syndrome" - Axiea has received a severe blow to the head during her fall without a helm. She will wake up knowing who she is, but that's about all. She will remember herself as the Princess Annadin, before she was Exiled. She will retain her assassin's skills, but not know why she can do the things she does (i.e. use weapons, scout for exits, etc.). She will have no memory of being an assassin, or her years in Exile. She won't remember anyone she's currently with, but she will know that she's supposed to know them; they will be familiar to her. Certain items or situations will bring about flashbacks of things she's done or seen, and she will wonder if she truly did those things. Over time, her memory will return slowly; for instance she will recall Noth's name without realizing it, or repeat a situation she had forgotten previously. She will realize what she has become isn't who she wants to be, and will be a better person for her experiences. (Probably easier to handle and nicer to be around, too!) I thought about this version because something similar happened to me when I was thrown from the horse earlier this year. One moment I was on the horse, and the next I was sitting at my friend's kitchen table not knowing where I was or what had happened to me. I still can't recall that five minutes or so, and for a good twenty minutes, I'd lost the last four years of my life. Scary stuff, I can tell you. It all came back quickly, but there for a while I was pretty scared. So that's that idea.

2. "Mary Sue Escapes" - Just before she hit the floor, Axeia used her lightining fast reflexes to slice into the Felbeast and crawl inside, sparing herself most of the injuries she would have received. Her wristblades appear from inside the Beast and she steps out, smelly and bloody, but none the worse for wear.

3. "Mary Sue Escapes Lite" - Axeia is trapped uunder the Felbeast, but has fallen just in front of the step to the dais that the thrones sit upon. There is just enough room next to that step for her not to be entirely crushed by the Beast, but if she doesn't get help, she won't be able to get out. She gets to lay there and think about what she's done and who she is. "When I get out of here I..., I should have/not have...," etc. Her friends bail her out and she realizes that it's good to have friends around, and that there are people who care about what happens to her, and that she needs to be a little more respectful of that and stop selfishly doing things that suit her. She needs to start thinking more about how her actions affect others as opposed to just her....blah blah blah.

4. "Typical Mary Sue" - For an assassin who's supposed to be one of the best, Axeia sure ends up wounded a lot. She could be knocked out for the remainder of the battle until Melathir shows up with Daddy the King in a day or two.

5. "And When She Was Bad She Was Better" - Reverse the "Bourne Identity Syndrome". She manages to wriggle out from underneath the carcass with help. Her blow to the head knocks all sense out of her and she forgets everything she's been through for the past couple months. She doesn't know why she's here in Rohan, but she sure as heck doesn't have any intention of staying here, and who are all these people? Where is her employer? Was she here to take a job? Who's side is she on? Orcs? She hates orcs! And why is her hair short?? She whistles for her war mount and her wolf and goes charging off again like the Mary Sue she is! YAHHHHHH!

So, as you all can see, I'm having a little trouble writing myself out of this one without being a dork. Help and suggestions gratefully appreciated. I would like to resign my position as a Mary Sue and become a serious RPer. Help help help please!

Thanks all!

Ayla

Oh, and here's the link Galad found for me, if you all are interested. Axeia got 50 points, although some of the questions were "maybe". She's a Mary Sue. No doubt about it.

http://alswaiter.codedaemon.com/LOTR/lotrlt.htm
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 09:08
Ooh, I'm either a 15 or a 17. Depends if Thenglas takes Naur's suggestion early in this thread of the betrothing. Hmm, I thought I'd get atleast 25.
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 09:10
.....and I only just now read "This test will mainly work for female original characters." Hm.
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 12:27
Hehe, your number list plans? I like three. Hehehe...Mary-Sue Escapes Lite
Galadreil112
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 01:59
Integra is a Mary Sue, too. Not nearly as bad as Axeia, though!

I like the 'Bourne Identity' one the most. Hmm. Perhaps we should make a vote? Or, if tis a tie, I could ask Nenya to pick a number!

By the way.. SOMEONE POST BEFORE WE GET REEEEALLY ANGRY! You ain't nevah seen us ladies like this befow!

[Edited on 6/4/2004 by Galadreil112]
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 02:07
The reason I do not support the Bourne Identity Syndrome is that the story has become far too elongated. This would stretch it beyond comprehension. Not that I don't like the idea, but were a long way already. Besides, don't you ever want to see a *cough*NDBI sequel*cough*
Galadreil112
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 03:40
Well, I'd think that it would give a good reasont o take her back to the NDBI and go from there. Of course, they'd have to have some stops along the way *Cough* King *Cough cough* etc. And, of course I want to see a sequel! But, not yet. We're so deep in the story right now we couldn't just cut it off..
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 01:27
I didn't want to cut it off, just we have so much to accomplish in the thread already.

Hmm.....Mary-Sue Escapes Lite it is, eh? Aha...Thenglas will actually think she's dead, go crazy, and order Integra to stop the battle. That way we can have that "Days of Terror" thing. Or what? Thoughts?
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 05:57
I'm all set. "Days of Terror" sounds great to me, because it gives our characters time to think, plan, and talk with each other as opposed to traveling or fighting. It will give the Erui and King Berenruscon time to catch up with us and help us end the battle, Integra time to finish healing the Queen, Dornadann time to take over Axiea's training of the guards, (if he wants to, since she won't be up to it for a day or so) and Thenglas and Axeia time to work out their...um...issues.

But, that's just my opinion. I'm up for anything. Axeia being a Mary Sue, once you guys get her out of there, she could just dust herself off, thank everyone and go kill some more orcs after she's had a chance to catch her breath and get a drink! But I like Nim's idea better. Axeia is attending "Mary Sue Anonymus" Meetings to help her on her road to becoming a serious RP character!

Feel free to use Noth, Celcamer and Polodren in Axeia's rescue attempt. They're there to help! (Elethian ran off to bring his precious Army back, so he'll be of no use!)

The Erui should be back the day after this one, and the King could theoretically be there the day after that. Nim, feel free to write their arrivals in at the appropriate time!

Whatever ya'll decide to do, I'll post tonight. I'm trying to sell my business, so I've been really busy lately. See ya'll later!

Hugs,

Ayla
Naurmaethor
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2004 03:25
I got like an 11 on that quiz thang...
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate: and though I oft have passed them by, a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Galadreil112
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 08, 2004 11:37
That's because Dornadann is not a Mary Sue at all! He's totally original!

And WHY IS DORNADANN DYING?!?!?! *tackles Naur*
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2004 02:44
Yeah, Naur, why is he dying? Seriously, that may have been a mistake, because Dornadann will be paralyzed for life...if he just doesn't die right there.

What....are you doing it.....on purpose.....WAHHHHH:cry:
Naurmaethor
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2004 05:00
I'm still thinking over it. I don't think he'll die but if he does I'll do the whole another Character thing. He COULD be paralyzed for life but I'm counting on some MIRACLES.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate: and though I oft have passed them by, a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2004 07:42
Your turn to post, Nim......*hugs*
Galadreil112
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 11, 2004 10:56
I would post, but I'm too busy eating chocolate and playing Chubby Bunny with my man!
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2004 12:57
Yeah, I know, but I'm in a writer's block. Hope it doesn't evolve into a burnout :banghead:

(New smilies!!!)
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2004 01:04
Writer's block??? After three people have given you different ways to go? You could take off the wristblades, go help Integra, help Dornadann....I can't post until you do! :killcomp:

Great smileys!!

Heee heee
Galadreil112
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 11, 2004 01:23
Yeah! None of us can post until you! I think you're just tired of the TNDBI.. et:
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2004 01:28
We can chill out on the romance stuff if that's what's bugging you... :feedback:
Galadreil112
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 11, 2004 01:34
Now he's offline. Darn. But, hey. At least we have new smilies at our disposal.. :disco:

What are you doing?

"Y-you.. saw me?"

Yes, I saw you. Disco is a big no no. :nono:

"Right. Here, have a hug." :hug:

Hey! You changed colour! :twitch:

"Yes. Yes I did." :naughty:

[Edited on 11/4/2004 by Galadreil112]
Naurmaethor
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2004 06:50
:twitch:
Galadreil112
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 14, 2004 02:31
Naur, can you find out whats wrong with Nim? If its personal, no need to share. But we're in the thick of things here, there's not much we can do until he posts.

That being said, I'll go post.
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2004 04:07
I tried to post last night here, but my comp froze up on me. Time to bring it out.

I've lost my LOTR RP charisma and energy for the time. You've noticed how my posts have become shorter and shorter over time, and some long waits for posts. It's just, well, gone. But I know one thing: It's not gone for good. The explosion of events in the thread have forced an onflow of double creativity where there simply is none. So, I propose a "sleep mode" of NDBI.

This will put NDBI in a sustained mode of rest so that we can easily leave it and easily come back to it when desired. Where we are right now, that isn't too easy. Before we can go into "sleep mode", there has to be a "fall asleep mode", in which we need to think of a way to pull out of our situation creatively. Our situation is so sticky that we may need a "narrator" post in which it explains what eventually happened. Not as we may have wished, no, but effective, yes.

I hate to do this. But it is better than the alternative. Naur and Galad, you will remember that in a similiar situation like this of the two predecessor threads, The Dragonbreath Inn and The Smaug Claw Parlor, ended the threads. In DBI, I killed off Maridorn to stop the thread and in SCP Integra plainly closed the Parlor after slow progress of the thread.

If this sleep mode doesn't work, or if we realize before initializing it that it would be too hard, we may end NDBI. We did stretch the thread pretty far, and it may cause its demise.

I said it too little, too late I guess.

Well, what do all of you think about it? Should we go in sleep mode, or think of some creative scheme to quit NDBI and continue the saga in another thread?
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2004 05:33
Axeia has a death wish, but she has her army, and her father to attend to. I can easily write her into sleep mode. I'll just have her get on her horse and ride back to her army, broken in body, spirit and heart. She's met the Pillar, but nothing says that the prophecy is at hand. She will stop by TNDBI on her way and pick up her things.

If this is my fault, I offer my apologies. I will miss posting here. Thanks for the fun, everyone. Nim, thanks for the indulgences. If you start up the thread again, PM me if you want Axeia back again. But I'll understand if you wouldn't. She's a handful.

Boe naid gwannathar.

Request permission to disembark, Captain.

Ayla

[Edited on 4/15/2004 by Aylaleia]
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 02:16
That would be good, but what I really mean is a point were there is some minimal activity going on that doesn't seem like the thread has been ended.

But this has given me a great idea.

Before I saw it, I lost my charisma because of the situation in the thread. If we have something like this, it will give more of it back, thus I will be able to post. Okay, here it goes:

We will end the thread. However, we will finish the "prophecy" plot line with a sequel. This is how the end of NDBI I could go. The Nightmares and Dragons are victorous, and drive the Felbeasts away. They free Isengard and send all the orcs "packing" to Gundabad. Edoras is in shambles, of course. Eomer appears from the wreckage and does not let the army pass. Lothiriel had been healed, but that wasn't enough for him. Thenglas, although not secretly, says that he believes there is a Pillar but he is not the Pillar. He leaves, maybe with a wounded Dornadann and Integra, back to NDBI. Axeia may quickly leave herself and take her stuff at NDBI before they see her do. Maybe she forgets the "note" as a "dramatic edge" to fully seal Thenglas's desicion.

As things return to normal for Thenglas, the Marshal somehow lets Thenglas keep the rank of Corporal. (originally I thought he would be demoted because of his absence) There we could leave NDBI, at a no-win situation. Then, NDBI II would have a plotline were Axeia returns for Thenglas a few years later....

Like it? Orrrrrr we could just do this sleep mode stuff And it was mostly my fault that we were in this position Alya, not yours.
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 03:21
I like it.

I don't have time to post her departure now, but I will later this evening when I get home.

I agree with you, in a way. Things got a little complicated there for a while. I mean, I was controlling six characters (Axeia, Noth, Celcamer, Elethian, Polodren, Melathir, Berenruscon) , and if we had continued, I would have added a few more (Tendromer's daughter, the slave trader, etc.). It was getting a little hard to keep who was doing what straight! So, I agree with ending this thread and starting a new one...kind of a "time passed, as time does" thing like you suggested would be great!

PM me whenever you start your new thread.

Hugs,

Ayla
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 09:34
Woah, wait a second.

One post from each person is not substantial to finish the thread. It isn't going to be "The Last Great Post", it'll be "The Last Great Plotline." No, it won't take a page or two, it'll be a few posts from each of us.

I really hate to salute this great thread goodbye, but it is much better than an abrupt end. It doesn't feel like a completed thread, that is why the NDBI II (whatever I'll name it) we will do our pre-conceived plans, maybe with a very intriguing plotline.

However, to make it look less of a leave on an abrupt note, we could say that this battle may have temporarily defeated Gundabad itself. The huge offensive was relied on by Angijak to win. The loss would have rendered Gundabad paralyzed because of the great resources and Felbeasts lost. So in a sense it was a victory....in a sense.

I am going to post in NDBI today. This post will involve rescuing Dornadann, Eomer saying that he does not approve, and the battle finishing. Maybe the next post of mine will be the last farewell between Axeia and Thenglas, or something else then the farewell.

Naur and Galad, do you want Dornadann and Integra to come along with Thenglas to the Inn for the end? Or not?

I wish to make the last post in NDBI, which will finish it up and I will make a "narrator thingy" about what happened after. If you want Integra and Dornadann to come back, Naur and Galad, do you mind if in the narrator thing they are said to have "left shortly after they returned"?

This is going to take some extra effort to finish the thread, so we need to cooperate to end it in a great, clean way.
Galadreil112
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 11:54
Hmm. I could have Integra go back to the NDBI with Thenglas, yet make a way for her to leave her own separate way. When we come back to it for our 'NDBI II' (or whatever), I can have a reason for her to fly back. I could, perhaps, ask of assistance from NenyaGold, bringing back Maethor to take Integra with him for leaving posts.. Just a thought.

I'm really going to miss this thread. Honestly, throughout what has seemed like years, we've all grown so much. The Dragonbreath Inn, I know we were all a bit shaky. Then the Smaug Claw, it got reasonably better. And now, look at this thread go. Ayla, you're the newest member, and I'm so glad I've met you. I'm also glad we're in the ROR together..

Nim, I love you and Naur like little brothers. Integra will always have spies watching over Dornadann and Thenglas from afar, you can bet on that.

Well, please tell me what you think about my 'Integra Leaving With Maethor' idea, and if you like it, I can PM Nenya.

Its odd. Typing all of this bring tears to my eyes.. Isn't that strange? I'm going to miss this so much.
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 03:29
:hug: Galad. I feel that way too. This was my first time RPing, and I have had such great fun here. I only hope I'm as much fun in ROR.

Still, I have to agree with Nim on the plotline thing. Time to shut this one down, and move on to the next plotline. I will miss this though.

On your mark, Captain.
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2004 03:04
Yes, it's coming to an end. I already have the plans for the new Inn, including its name...

Where is Dornadannn?! We need him here to finish things up!
Galadreil112
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 17, 2004 03:48
Yeah, where is Naur?!

Ayla, what are some other random items left at the inn? I want to add that to my post..
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2004 06:31
Ohh, Axeia's not one to shop very often, so when she usually replaces everything. Let's see...

She bought three sets of traveling clothes to replace the ones she'd been wearing, a couple of new ropes, a new pack, three small casks of malt beer for Noth (not ale, as I said earlier. I'll edit!), a new bridle and saddlebags for Celcamer, a new quiver, a whetstone, a few medical supplies (such as bandages) and some traveling food (not lembas, as she was very tired of it). And of course, the white dress, which she has chosen to leave behind in the room she and Integra shared at the Golden Hall. (If you want to use that as well!)

Have fun, and feel free to add anything else you might want to be willed to Integra!

Hugs,

Ayla
Galadreil112
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 22, 2004 02:12
Oh man, people are gonna think we abandoned the thread if Naur doesn't post soon.. Whats going on?!?!

I wonder if we should just keep going if he isn't going to post anytime in the near future.Just a thought. I mean, I've got so much I need to write, and Maethor & Goldie need to meet up soon so I can post my end..
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email