Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The New Dragonbreath Inn: OOC Discussions
on: January 21, 2004 09:08
I posted a pic of Polodren in the RPG Character Forum! I'm getting quite a few characters under my belt...hmmmmm! I now control...six of them, I think? Yeee. Scary! I'm becoming a serious RP'er! Hee hee!

Congrats on winning the TT RPG, Nenya!!!

Hugs,

Ayla
Galadreil112
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 23, 2004 12:27
*cries* Ayla, you broke your promise, Goddess Of Tiredness! Oh well. Your post had better be good...
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2004 10:28
Well, I spent an hour writing a post, and as I hit the post button, Internet Explorer had an error of some sort and I lost EVERYTHING I had written! I am so majorly furious right now!!!! I'll try and remember what I wrote and post it tomorrow! Sorry!!

Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2004 01:56
Okay! Okay! I'm up at 3:00AM to re-write the post I lost! The first one was better than the re-write, but what can I say? I have learned my lesson, and will now write my posts in Word and cut & paste them so that doesn't happen again. (Also, it has spellcheck! Hee hee!

It's now 4:00AM! Sorry it took me so long, and I feel properly guilty, but the Goddess does have a business to run and I pulled a double today! Hope you enjoy the post! I'm going to bed now!!!

NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 11:30
***THROWS OUT LOTS OF CONFETTI***

CONGRATULATIONS!!! For winning the First Featured RPG for Tolien Related! :love:
Naurmaethor
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 11:52
Congrats all!!! This is what you get when you have a good time rping with your friends!!hehe...not always. 3 cheers for the Dragon Breath!!! Hip Hip...
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate: and though I oft have passed them by, a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 01:04
...Hurray!
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 02:17
Hurray!!! *does happy little dance*

I was thinking about what's next:

1. The Assassins: Naur, what do you want to do with the two that escaped Integra? Nim, the Nazg has escaped with Naur's female assassin. Should we pursue for now, or let him get away and hunt him down later?

2. The Nazg Ring's Effects: Nim, you mentioned a page or two back that by acccepting the ring, Axeia would unknowingly come under its influence. What kind of effect should it have on her?

3. The Captive Assassins: Thanks to Integra (cheers, Galad), we nove have five unsavory captives to deal with? Any thoughts on who should question them? Elethian? Thenglas? Integra?

Talk amongst yourselves, and Axeia shall see it done! Hee hee! You all are wonderful!!!! WE WON WE WON WE WON!!! Mochas on the house!!!

Hugs to All,

Ayla

Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 04:19
1. Let him go.

2. Well, it wasn't the Ring, that was just a sign of agreement. I had had a preconceived thought that the Nazg would hunt down the owner of the Ring, and well, he kind of did already.

3. Hmm...maybe Thenglas ought to have his say....:evil:

Okay, I personally also have questions to bring to "the floor"

4. Where is everyone gonna go at dawn? Maybe fufill "Tendromer's bidding" to get assassins off our tail and to finally get it done....

5. Ayla, where are Axeia's family in Middle-Earth? And do we ever plan on visiting them?

6. One more thing: Rohan and Gondor probably won't let a whole Dark Elven Army running around their lands without them doing anything. Will Axeia have a personal audience with King Eomer or King Elessar for permission? I just thought that would be interesting: Axeia there to negotiate, and Thenglas to keep her from going off stride against his own people, if you know what I mean

Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 09:06
Oh, this is so fun!!!

1. "Where is everyone going to go at dawn?" - Well, Axeia isn't in the best of shape. She'll go wherever the Pillar thinks we should go...if she agrees with him!

2. Axeia's family is a race of Elves I made up who have not yet left for the Grey Havens. They are the Annuigilgalad, (translates as Western Starlight) Elves of the Western Realm. I had chosen Ered Luin, the remote area in the Northwestern part of Middle Earth, west of the Icehay of Forochel for her home. Her father the King has summoned her home, sending his own troops with Elethian's (formerly Galorian/Mornrochben's) Dark Elf Army, forming the Alliance Army in the prophecy. She has given her word to Elethian that she will return home with him, to her father, but she did not say when. Hee hee. We can play with the details. None of this is set in stone. I was going to include something about the King calling her home because he realizes the time of the Prophecy is at hand, and her people are faced with a great evil (as yet undetermined), but I don't know. Things are progressing so nicely as it is! The Nazg is a great thread to follow up on; Axeia can return home later.

3. King Elessar and King Eomer: Hmmmm...that might be fun! But since the Army is made up of both Dark Elves and Annuigilgalad, they might not be so upset. However, I was thinking that Axeia's injuries aren't best treated in the field...she should be taken somewhere quiet to heal up, and since she was intending to head to Gondor anyway, we could ask for audience with Elessar. I'm sure Melathir knows someone in Lady Arwen's court that has some healing skill. So we could go to Gondor and Rohan to ask permission to do what we're doing. Who knows? Maybe we'd pick up a few more warriors while we're at it!

4. Speaking of more warriors: Should we find a way to get Nemuriko and Durins_Bane here with us, since it doesn't look like we're going to get back to the Inn any time soon? Or maybe, we should all go back to the Inn, and check on the repairs and restoration at the outpost and heal up there. Then Thenglas can send missives to the two Kings, asking for permission and sparing them both Axeia's...negotiating tactics.

You make the calls, Nim! It's your thread, and YOU JUST WON BEST TR RPG!!!!!!! (Sorry! I just can't get over that. *happy little dance* I know this sounds like a dumb Oscar acceptance speech, but "it's an honor just to be nominated". WINNING IS EVEN BETTER!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY! And for me, personally, I look at it as a writing award! Someone likes my writing! A lot of someones! *squeals like a Legolas fangirl watching Pirates of the Carribean*)

As Gandalf would say: "Let the Threadbearer decide."

[Edited on 2/4/2004 by Aylaleia]
orlis_gal
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2004 11:03
Sorry, I got completely confused cos i got a pm saying something that was going to involve me so i waited and the plot changed and you didnt pick me up! I'm still here as you can see... pm me if you need me!!!

mmmm i love mochas!

Anyway, i think Axeia should recover a bit...

I'm still keeping an eye on things so BEWARE!!! lol
Naurmaethor
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2004 03:47
sorry..things really got messed up when we were supposed to pick you up. I don't see why your character couldn't get bored or somethin and ride out there. I don't mind.

1.The ones that excaped..not sure. I was thinkin we could introduce our new members by dispatching one or something..wasn't sure. I actually kinda wanted the female assassin to have sort of a duel with Integra but gotta wait for her to get over there.

Where to go from here? We need to introduce are new inn members soon. I don't wanna exclude them for very long at all.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate: and though I oft have passed them by, a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 10:06
(OOC: HEY YOU GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS! Talks have broken down, and I'm about to go on strike UNLESS SOMEONE POSTS!!!!!!! What? We win an award and suddenly no one has time to post anymore????? Axeia could easily lose her temper and start killing people without the Pillar or Dornadann to stop her, and Integra might just join in! Axeia is all healed now, for the most part, thanks to Integra, and she still has a death wish, not to mention a lust for blood. Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooost!!!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, before Axeia takes matters into her own hands and rides into the Orc Army again. Next time she'll make sure she gets killed for good this time! I believe that forum rules allow your character to suicide.....:evil:

POST POST POST POST POST POST POST!!!!! PLEASE! (Galad, congrats on posting, but I have to ask....IS THAT ALL?????????? :cry: Don't you guys realize I am now an RPG monster addict of your own creation? You should have killed me when you had the chance on page 2, Nim..."I have become the nightmare, you once thought me to be...."

Love and Hugs,

Ayla)
Galadreil112
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 01:49
I have a plaaaaan, Ayla! We swears it! We swears...
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 01:59
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Okay.
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 08:31
A plan, Galad? Plans are good. We likes plans, precious! Yay! Apologies to all about the hissy fit, but we writing junkies can get awfully crabby when we don't get our fix! :love:

Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 09:13
Well, I have tried twice to post now, and my computer keeps shutting down Word for some reason and ERASING ALL MY WORK, so I am giving up in wrathful frustration! I will post tomorrow evening, after I chuck my laptop through a window, in the hopes that this will cure its malfunction!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Naurmaethor
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 07:48
Hey guys, Just posted. Sorry for not bein around I was just havin a hard time getting myself to post. Hey Galad? Can you tell us your plan so I can tell you mine
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 04:18
Comp frustation? Hmmmm....it does torment one continually does it not?

Okay, I posted a nice long-ish post. It explains a bit of the prophecy that I hope is all right with you, Ayla.

Time to discuss!

1. Axeia and Thenglas Discussion Two : Yes, maybe this will take more turns now that Axeia is healed. Thenglas can't hide it anymore now about...you know. That's a problem, isn't it? Thoughts everyone?

2.Edoras: Any thoughts there? Should the grand King Eomer be angry and spit us off, or only because a fellow Rohirrim is there he pardons? Speak, members!

3.Elethian and Integra: Hehe, another romantic conflict ariseth! I know you two (Yes Galad and Ayla, that means YOU) have a little scheme a going. Care to share it with poor Naur and me?

4. The Thenglas and Axeia Discussion Two combining with Edoras Discussion!: I just had a plan. Maybe it really really gets going at Edoras. Maybe they stay there for a few days. Thoughts on this possible epiphany?

5. THE NDBI!: WE MUST GO BACK!....but when?
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 08:18
Great post, Nim! I loved it! The Pillar should have something to announce that he is the Pillar, and no mere Mortal, and it will look great when we go to Edoras to see King Eomer!!

Discussion:

1. Axeia and Thenglas II: I agree. Now that Axeia is healed, she has time to think about a lot of things. Granted the last few encounters between the two of them have been wrought with peril, and they have spent most of their time together trying to keep each other from getting killed and worrying about whether or not the other will survive that they haven't really had time to get to know each other as people. Perhaps they could start spending a little more time talking to each other about their pasts, and gradually talk about their futures....

Axeia doesn't realize yet that her concern for the safety of the Pillar comes more from her heart than from her desire to defy the Prophecy, and that she cares for him as a man rather than a battlefield comrade. She doesn't let people get close to her, and the fact that Thenglas means something to her frightens her beyond reason. He can't let her hide from her emotions, as their relationship is a key part of the prophecy. He needs to be her strength in this, also, as she will not allow herself to feel anything for anyone. She sees friendship and love as a weakness, and a weapon that could be used against her, but having been in the company of Thenglas, Dornadann and Integra, she is learning that, sometimes, it's good to have friends around.

2. Edoras: Eomer and Axeia have crossed blades more than once, and they each have a grudging respect for each other. My vote is that he will be angry with Thenglas for siding with Axeia, as well as bringing her to the Golden Hall, but grateful to Elethian and the Alliance Army for their help with the orcs at the outpost. Thenglas will need to keep Axeia's mouth shut in some way.... :evil: Not to mention speak on her behalf. But, these are just random thoughts...I do think Eomer's part should be written by you though, Nim!

3. Elethian and Integra: Well, I'm just kind of winging it, following Integra's lead! Elethian is still in love with Integra, and seeing her again has made him realize the mistakes he has made and all he has sacrificed for his ambition. He's finding out that it really is lonely at the top. Integra, however, is in love and loved by another, and Elethian respects that, though thoughts of trying to seduce her away from Maethor have crossed his mind more than once. Elethian is accustomed to getting what he wants, but he is determined to let her choose for herself, and he will abide by her wishes, if only because Axeia will have his head on a pike if he touches Integra again.

I was also thinking that Axeia, out of the relationship circuit for so long, could have a few "girl talks" with Integra, about Thenglas and relationships in general. As I've said, she's distanced herself from everyone, and her people skills are...well...less than adequate! The only relationship she was in kind of wrecked her social life, so she doesn't really have a clue what she's going to do with her feelings for the dashing Innkeeper. She's determined to thwart the prophecy one way or another. I won't reveal ALL her secrets here, but she could confide a little more of her past to Integra, and they could discuss the Dragoness' feelings or lack thereof for Elethian at the same time. Galad? Sound good? What's your plan??

4: Thenglas, Axeia and Edoras: That would be great if they stay there for a few days. Thenglas and Axeia could get to know each other a little better, most likely through heated discussions about her negotiating tactics and lack of diplomacy. I'd like to bring Polodren along as well, if only to keep Elethian in check. Polodren could also defray some of Axeia's hostility, because she can be a handful when she's wrong.

During their stay, Eomer could mull things over, possibly call a truce with Axeia, maybe advise Thenglas on handling a spirited woman (after all, his sister is one, so he should know!). Thenglas and Axeia could make up with a few walks around the Hall or Edoras together, or he could invite her to the stables to see the war horses, or maybe even an orc-and-soldier-free ride on the plains. Axeia loves to race....

Either way, they need to spend some time together if this is going to work. Axeia needs to come to terms with her feelings. Also, while at Edoras, maybe Maethor's bird could take a message back, and Maethor and Goldie could come and meet us there. Then there could be a Maethor/Elethian meeting....:evil:

5. TNDBI: I agree! We must go back! Axeia left a lot of stuff behind, including a threatening note to Thenglas, denying that he is the Pillar. (That could be a good conversation, right there! She would be forced to confront her feelings for him!) Maybe we could go with the Army back to the outpost. They could help rebuild and repair things, and wait there as the rest of us (and anybody we're picking up!!) journey to Edoras.

Just some ideas! Nothing engraved in granite here! This is so much fun, and I enjoy it so much! Everyone is so great to write with, and I'm willing to go with anything. Oh, and anyone can do anything with the whole Prophecy thing, unless it contradicts something that we've already decided on, of course! I don't hold a monopoly on that arena! If anything, Nim has Absoulte Power, and I'm just glad he lets me get away with everything I get away with! I doubt any other thread owner would indulge me like this!!

So, there you are! Must go post now, before I have to go to bed! *scowls* Sometimes I hate reality.

Hugs,

Ayla

[Edited on 11/2/2004 by ithillinde]
Naurmaethor
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 02:35
Don't remind me there's a reality...
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 04:52
Lol, Dornadann, no reminders

A few questions:

Well, what is the Great Evil that must be conquered? All of Gundabad unleashed, or something totally different?

Should the outpost be attacked again?

Do you think we should really going to the Ered Luin? Heh, nimble Elves or nothin', that's a looong trip, about three to three and a half weeks I'd say, with Middle-Earth travel (don't they wish they invented Hum-Vs so they could buy near a thousand of them for the Army?).

When is Elethain coming back?

What others do you think we should have in Eomer's Hall besides Eomer himself? Maybe his wife (don't know her name) or son (I think his name is Elfwine, or is that his mom's?)? Possibly Eowyn, but she's in Ithilen with her Faramir, isn't she?

Okay, these seem like mostly direct answers are needed, but they are for discussion about what we think. So...comments and thoughts?

Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 05:28
Hmmm....I haven't really thought this far ahead, but here goes:

1. The Great Evil: The Gundabad is a great idea, but would Tawarwaith align with Dark Elves to defeat them? They have allied to defeat the great evil because it affects both of their peoples, and they are unable to stop it alone. Still, it's a great idea! I love your orc bad guy, Nim!!

2. The outpost: Your thread, Nim! Your outpost too! Well, your character's outpost. And now you have another Army.....

3. Maybe not all the way. Maybe Daddy gets tired of waiting and sets out after his daughter himself, with his own guard at the fore. After all, he didn't send ALL his troops after her.... And this IS a TR thread...whose to say we can't borrow a few landspeeders from one of the Star Wars threads.....just kidding!! Seriously, we don't have to go at all. The prophecy says nothing about the great evil being in Ered Luin! Axeia's father called her home to discuss the prophecy, but she and the Pillar are doing fine on their own, and she isn't really keen to visit with Daddy anyway. Last time she saw him, he was carving the Mark of the Exiled into her arm, and as far as she's concerned, he can rot.

4. Elethian has been ordered to be at his Princess' side before she reachs Edoras. If he doesn't, he'll lose his head. At least he believes he will. He hasn't yet realized that Axeia hasn't killed anyone since she returned, though she has had cause more than once by his opinion. He will figure her out soon enough, and when he does, he will see that she has changed. He will blame the Pillar for this, especially if he catches them together without good reason. Elethian thinks the Prophecy is a bunch of garbage, and thinks Axeia is using the Prophecy to turn the Army over to someone, anyone, other than him, and the fact that she's chosen a Mortal...

5. Others at the Hall: Eowyn could be visiting with Faramir.... I think Axeia and Integra would enjoy some female company for a change. Just a thought.... Perhaps Goldie and Maethor could show up too, as I mentioned earlier, and Elethian and Maethor could meet...:evil:

I fall back on my previous disclaimer...it's your thread, Nim! You can do whatever you want. You can even send Axeia back to the outpost to keep an eye on things, or back to her Army, or whatever. Just remember to keep her on a short leash once the party reaches Edoras...

"If this is truly the will of the Council, Ayla will see it done."

Hugs to all! This is so much fun!! I love reading everyone's posts! Thanks for making this a great pasttime, ya'll!

Ayla
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 07:59
Just a thought, Nim......

Instead of posting the activities during the journey to Edoras, you could just say something like:

"The next few days passed in much the same manner as the previous one. On the morning of the fourth (or third, or whatever day we get there) day, the Gates of Edoras were before them..."

This way we could eliminate the travel time and forward the plot a little, so we can make it back to the Inn sooner. What does everyone think??

And would somebody (*ahem* Galad....Naur...) post???? It's been like, hours or something....Ayla is getting growly...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Anyway, I'm off to spend a day with the horsies, and I would like to read a post when I get home this evening.

Oh! I forgot to tell you all! (Or maybe I told you and forgot that I did. Heh!) A couple people here in my town read our thread here, and invited me to their LIVE RPG. So now, I get to play Axeia once a week, with a few minor changes.

Since it's a Drow (Dark Elf, for those who don't know, like I didn't!) campaign (as they are called, apparently), I have adapted Axeia to their culture. I am also a half-Dragon instead of full Elf, and this makes me very tall and very strong compared to the other characters. I have changed her name to fit the Drow society, (her name is now "Akorbryn", meaning "best assassin"). She has an interesting background, but to make a long story short, she is a servant bred for the single purpose of creating the finest mercenary ever. She does not speak (no one knows she can except her owner; yes, owner. She is a slave, but with many privileges most non-slaves do not enjoy.) I have been bought by another character in the game, and we are now on our way to another town to pick something up, and I'm needed for protection, as it's a dangerous road and the travelers have little strength of their own.

It's an interesting thing, playing a character as if you were that person. I deliberately chose a character that does not speak and does what she is told, because I don't really know how to play. But just because I don't talk and am a favored indentured servant doesn't mean I can't be nasty....

So, that's what I'm up to tonight, from 6:30 until we get tired, usually 9:30 or 10:00. I actually bought a day planner yesterday to keep track of everywhere I'm supposed to be. I am so majorly busy, yet I still FIND TIME TO POST! Oh...did I say that out loud?

This is more fun that LIVE RPing though, because I have time to think and plan, and there are no dice to govern my actions. The only ones who control what I do here are you three (oh yeah, and the Mods...hee hee.)

Thanks for the fun here, guys! See you tonight!

Hugs,

Ayla

P.S. Let's see a show of hands...who thinks Nim needs MSN Messenger so we can Live RP? *raises hand*
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 04:08
Hmm...interesting...two Axeias....

Well, hehehe, I do have MSN, but I don't talk to anyone else but my friends. Really. Sorry, my personal policy is quite restricted. I actually like a larger suspense when reading a post. You may think its bad, but it's all for the better.

Hmm...I think shortening the trip is a good plan. Yeah, I just can't *wait* to play a brooding, selfish towards Elf mercenaries, wise king happened to be called Eomer (He's not a favorite LOTR character of mine, just is gonna be great to RP personally.)

As threadbearer (nice title, Alya), I will decide to bestow the RP power over the visiting Eowyn and Faramir to one of you. So...who wants it? (imagines it like two sharks fighting for meat)

P.S.: Why not open a "P.S." discussion? Okay....who's your favorite character in LOTR? I like Gandalf and Theoden.

Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 08:45
Totally understand on the personal policy, Nim! I have a few of those myself!

Yay! On to Edoras! I abstain from the control of visiting Eowyn and Faramir, as I am not totally familiar with their characters! I nominated Galad and Naur! Besides, at last count, I control six characters of my own, and five of them are at Edoras. (Axeia, Noth, Celcamer, Polodren and Elethian, no more for me, thanks!!

Bedtime for me.

Hugs,

Ayla

P.S. My favorite LOTR character is Aragorn.
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 03:10
Don't read this if you haven't read my post.
>>>>>>>>>
I'm sorry it sounded so harsh, but I am serious about this. Character control has started to go longer and longer unheeded, and now it happened. Complete control of a character. Also, major control of how a thread moves on has also been used. Yes, Ayla, I have used some of your characters, but I believe it has been atleast within the bounds of what we have been doing to each other. I'll take less control of them in the future.

I was going to move the thread to Edoras, but I wanted to see either Galad or Naur post. I thought it wasn't fair to take off without them doing anything.

I was afraid this was going to happen, and it did. A small use of character is about the maximum a good thread like this needs. If that means shorter posts, so be it. You can use the character of another if you had planned it with the person you are doing it with or you feel comfortable that way with another character (example: Alya and Galad, you both seem comfortable with the character control of each other.) But I am not that much comfortable with it. I don't know how Naur feels, either. If all three of you don't care, then that's how you are, and these rules would pertain to me. But I hope you atleast care a little.

I didn't mean to hurt any of you, but I do want to keep this a good thread with the abilities of all to have their own character in their reach. I've seen it happen in other RPs so many times, trust me. I've been roleplaying for about 11 months to a year now (I started with another username I had when I joined COE, and deleted it when I wanted a different name.) This does not only pertain to just Ayla and I, but for all of us in the future.

Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 10:13
Post deleted, Nim, with my apologies.

I agree with most of what you say, but I'm not so much worried about control of my characters as I am about the thread moving forward. I know that there are other people waiting to join us, or other plot lines that people want to bring up, and if there's any way that I can help move things along, I'll be glad to.

I do realize that the speed of this forum depends on how often people post, and lately it feels as though you and I are the only ones here. Frankly, it's rather frustrating. I have an extremely busy life, as I'm sure you all do, but I make a special effort each night to at least read the forum, and more often than not, reply to what has been posted. I receive e-mail notifications (as I'm sure you all do) when someone has posted, and lately it seems that all I end up doing is checking my e-mail to see if anyone has posted. I hardly even log onto CoE anymore unless someone posts in one of the other forums I keep an eye on.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I appreciate the liberties and indulgence you've shown me, Nim, but unless people start showing more of an interest in the thread, I'm afraid I'm going to have to quit posting here. I'm trying to sell my business (my husband has taken a job that will be starting in April, and many things will be changing soon.), I'm working with two green-broke horses stabled 30 miles away four days a week, all while working six days a week. Despite all this, I make the time to contribute to this forum, and I enjoy doing so. At least, I used to enjoy doing so. It seems as though ever since this forum won the "Featured RP" award, everyone has lost interest in it. I care a great deal about this thread, Nim, and I don't want to leave it, but lately I feel as though I'm the only one besides yourself that does care about it.

If that's the case, I wish someone would say something. My time is very valuable to me, and although I thoroughly enjoy posting here, I could put the sometimes two hours I spend posting to another use, and spare myself my husband's nightly questions: "Are you posting, honey? When are you coming to bed?"

I apologize for any infringement on anyone's character, or plot line. I am still new to role-playing, and though I have read the Forum Decorum and other information on how to play, as well as the OOC thread, I still make mistakes that you nice people are very tolerant of. Thank you for bringing them to my attention.

As for control of my characters, I think of most of them as non-player characters, with the exception of Axeia and Noth. Anyone is free to control Elethian, Polodren, Melathir, or any of the others that pop up under my control. Their personalities and histories are listed in the RPG character forum for that reason. You are all talented writers/RPGers, and I trust you all to work within the personas I've given them.

So, that's my stance, such as it is. My apologies once more for overstepping, Nim. I thoroughly enjoy my time here, and I do care about this thread, but lately I'm finding myself losing interest because no one else seems to feel the same way.

I'm off to the ranch for the rest of the day, then another charity benefit dinner tonight. Owning your own business brings with it certain community obligations, and just about every weekend I attend some function for something or other. I wonder if anyone notices that I show up in the same black evening gown to all of them (the one I'm wearing in my pic on the member forum). I certainly hope not! So, until then, everyone.

Ayla
Naurmaethor
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 10:45
It's not that we don't care..or I don't care. This has happened before with us. Our SCP DBI or NDBI threads get into a rut which we never seem to rise from..but I think we can. I'm sorry for not posting lately. My computer has been down because I got a new one. I've been neglecting the NDBI and I'm sorry.
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 12:53
I think I feel about the same way, Ayla, and would love to see this thread going. I think I was a bit harsh in my statement.

If it runs into your schedule that much, I have a thought.

You don't need to post all the time. No one is pressuring you. Don't feel forced to reply. I think we need to keep the thread low key, so that it can be active, but not too much. Even if it means one of our posts needs you to reply to it, don't stress yourself into doing it. We can wait. Also, you know that two people are waiting to join. As of now, even if the way it works is odd and peculiar, orlis-gal and Durin's Bane are in. Maybe Nemuriko gets suspicious and leaves, only to find us in Edoras? I don't know about Durin's Bane, I think Naur and Galad can work it out with Durin. Also, I'll try to move the thread along faster than normally. It is quite possible that your characters can remain low-key in Edoras and later on.

If it means more character control, I guess we may need to do that if it becomes necessary. For now, we can exploit other possibilities.

Also, I'll advertise in "The Middle-Earth Advitiser." I'm not sure anyone would want to read 12 pages of a complex roleplay, but atleast we can aim for it.

Naur, you can PM Durin's Bane, I'll PM orlis_gal.

We would really hate to see you go, so don't worry, we're here to take control of the situation

[Edited on 21/2/2004 by Nimrochben]
Galadreil112
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 07:47
I've been through the DBI, the SCP, and the NDBI and stayed with them. It wasn't that I was neglecting it or anything of the sort. It was just that I am having problems in reality. One of my horses is ill, and I need to take extra time to care for her. I was trying to find time to post, and I finally have.

On the note of new people to join.. Humm. I wish Nenya wasn't so busy! And as for the others, I'm sure we could have new companions on our way to Edoras. Perhaps it will liven up the RP. Naur, Nim, and I have seen one too many ruts in these RPs. It wouldn't be fair to lose this one so soon and in the heat of such occurences. And, Ayla, we probably wouldn't have gotten this far without you.
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 08:52
Thanks, Galad, Nim, Naur! I apologize if I sounded a little martyrish! I just don't want to see this thread die, and I'm really glad none of you do, either!

I figured something like that was going on with you, Galad! I just hoped that it wasn't YOU that was the sick one! FYI, the horsies I'm working with are coming along nicely! Stallion is going to get ridden today! (I'll try not to post from the hospital tonight!) Wish me luck!

Hugs to all,

Ayla
Galadreil112
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 11:31
Heehee, GOOD LUCK! Tell him Lenny says to be good or else she'll send her horses on him!
Naurmaethor
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 08:07
Yah tie your legs to the saddle but keep a knife in your pocket so if like the saddle slides under him you can disembark . Yah I think Dornadann's mastered that Low Key typa thing your talkin about Nim! Pmed Durins_Bane awaiting reply.
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 10:01
Well, orlis_gal replied and said she couldn't. Let's hope we have a good result from Durin's Bane.

Edoras at LAST! Muahah...:evil:

I know my disarm thing was a bit cliché, but that had to work. So, any final thoughts or questions before entering into the Hall? I'm going to wait to post us actually entering until Naur and Galad post.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email