Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Cirith Thoronath (feel free to join)
on: March 15, 2004 07:38
"Now kind dwarf, might you have a name that you would be willing to share with us? My name is Elerrina Gil-Estel, I am a ranger from the north.
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: March 15, 2004 08:00
"Simbelarië is my name in the common tongue and I am a Dwarf worthy of some respect, for I am a descendant of families who can trace their bloodline back to whence the world was still young and Elves had lived in Middle Earth but a short while. But no matter, I am accostumed to mockery from ignorant Pointy Ears and have learned not to heed their words of jealousy"
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2004 09:00
"I can see why the elves are jealous of such a fine race." Elerrina said with a smile, "Simbelarië is a very pretty name, suited for a beautiful dwarf maiden such as yourself."
FaramirandEowynForever146
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2004 12:46
ooc: Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been really busy, and still am. Just know that Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays are very hectic for me, so I may not post much then.

Coronath rolled his eyes and tuned out of the conversation. Dwarves and Elves. Pfft! What stupid races! They shall not last long once I find the right one.....
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2004 02:19
Nethiel had finished skinning her coney and was making a fire, but was having trouble. "Simbelarië, dwarves are good at lighting fires, are they not?" She was trying to redeem herself, and also needed a fire.

[Edited on 16/3/2004 by eldir]
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: March 16, 2004 06:36
"Phew, you can spare yourself the time of smoothtalking to me, I'm not going to alter my mind that easy lady. (her words were rough but she was at the moment grateful for the dim light that the fire gave, for she felled a certain redness rising to her cheeks) But it is good that you know the truth about the matters of things" she said adressing Elerrina, and then she turned to the Pointy Ear "We are good yes, very good indeed, but I thought that the craft of lighting fire were common knowledge to all races, but then again, one would assume that the poor Pointy Ears would feel above such things." She didn't want to help the Elf who had hurt er feeling, but reluctantly she did, because she didn't want them to think that her boasting were only words. She found a brick of stone from a purse and quickly lit a fire.
She then sat herself comfortably back, hands behind her neck. Yawning, her eyes wanted to close, but she knew that she would not be safe her and moreover she would soon need to prepare something to eat. She looked suspiciously around, sending all a stern and venomous stare. She shrugged and then sleep overcame her.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2004 07:12
Elerrina smiled at the dwarf after she lit the fire and said, "Well at least there is another here that is good at lighting fires, and I bet you are very good at defending yourself too, I hear that many dwarves are very skilled in battle." She leaned back against a tree trunk and began to fall asleep also.

[Edited on 16/3/2004 by Abraon]
BingoTook
Radical Humor Mathom & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 16, 2004 03:28
[Back from my *ahem* business trip. It was crazy. These 13 Dwarves showed up at my door and dragged me off to Minneapolis... Oh, nice ta meet ya, Eressea.]

Hawthorn gave a low whistle. Dwarves, now. Actually, he liked Dwarves. Something in their forward, unpretentious manner.

He leaned back against the tree, watching the flicker of shadows dancing on the forest canopy, and listening to the rustle of leaves, the soft cracking of the dying fire, and the soft snores of his companions.

Companions? It was a strange thought. Had he really been accepted among this motley band of travellers?

Hawthorn's thoughts were interrupted by the uncomfortable eyes of the sleepless Elves, and the skeptic in the Man won out for the time. He cleared his throat quietly, and moved out of the fire's light, deeper into the forest. He needed to breathe.
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2004 03:43
Nethiel watched Hawthorn go. She sighed and stirred her stew. With everyone else asleep and Hawthorn gone, she was getting quite bored. After she had finished her stew, she stood up and walked after Hawthorn silently.
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2004 05:25
(gonna speed things up here)

All were asleep, and the sun was barely peeping out over the hills in the east, when Elerrina, deep in slumber, awoke to someone shaking her. She rubbed her eyes and looked up. It was their new companion Coronath. He looked concerned and bewildered. "What is it?" she asked sleepily. "The horses! They're gone! Every single one of them, gone!" Elerrina was now fully awake, and leaped up to see for herself. Sure enough, the ropes which had tethered a few of the horses had worn away and snapped, and the horses were no where to be seen.

[Edited on 17/3/2004 by eldir]
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: March 17, 2004 03:39
The sudden stirring of chaos woke Simbelarië. She noticed that the dawn had come, she had slept for far too long. She looked around and found that the root of the uproar were some cords of rope that had bound the horses.
"Hmm, lucky I'm used to walk, you lot will probably suffer a bit, but it will be good, trust me. To be on ones feet is far the better thing!!!!" she said, not knowing wheter she wished to consolate them or mock them. She went to take a closer look, and noticed that the way they had been opened had not been natural.
"I think the bonds have been cut. Either there's an enemy in this crowd or someone came here in the dark of night to have a bit of fun, did anyone see anyone? Personally I would say that one of your own has done this, but you probably won't heed my opinion...." She sighed.
She grabbed her things. "Are you going to stay and cry or will you leave to look for them or even better, will you continue your rode on foot. I myself am planning to see if there's any fun in Khasad-Dûm now, I've heard that some new dwarf-tribes have come there and I'd like to find out. The mountains of Moria are near Lothlórien, so if your going that way, as you said, perhaps you'd care to join with me. At least some of the way. I think you might want some... ahem..... company, now you won't be able to ride there swiftly as you planned anyway and even though I think I might despise some of you just a wee bit, it is always good to learn the weakness of ones enemies" She laughed then, sending them all a gleamy smile. She didn't care if they thought she was the culprit, but of course they'd suspect her, since she was a dwarf and a newcomer. Then began humming, awaiting their answer.

(((OOC This might be a bit bumbly, please bear over with me, my mind is disconnected)))
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2004 05:16
"Well do not fret, Coronath." Elerrina said smiling. She let out a shrill whistle and waited a few moments, then hearig neighing she said, "Here they come...." Elerrina's horse Laurelin came galloping up to her and greeted her by nuzzling her. Then the rest of the horses entered the clearing too, following Laurelin. "There now we can all ride." She said smiling again. "Simbelarië, would you like to ride with me? I promise you that Laurelin will take it easy with you, seeing that most dwarves do not like to ride."
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: March 17, 2004 06:21
Simbelarië couldn't help being just a bit disappointed at seeing the horses return, she had a great dislike for horses, as most other dwarves had. Whether it was because no horses fitted dwarves in height, she didn't know, but there was something instinctual to the dislike. Nay, it wasn't even dislike, it was loath.
A looked okay far from one, but she would never prefer riding to standing safely on the ground. Only then you yourself would decide where you were going.
At Elerrinas question she turned slightly green, she had never ridden before and was not very invlined to do so now. However she did not wish to tell these people that -they'd only dismiss it as Dwarven stubbornness....
"Do I have to? I walk quickly, and as you say, we Dwarves have a strange dislike of horses, or at least riding them. Mayahap your horse is easy going, but one can never know for sure"
She didn't know it, but she was backing rather awkwardly away from the huge animal, her eyes filling with a touch of dread.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2004 06:45
As if in answer to Simbelarië's question, Laurelin walked up and nuzzled the dwarf. Elerrina laughed and said, "Well Laurelin seems to like you. She does not do that to many. And riding would be much faster, for I need to get moving as fast as possible. I have urgent matters that need attending to and it is still a two days journey from here."
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: March 17, 2004 07:54
Simbelarië sighed, looking rather lost. She was torn in two, her loath of horses and lack of trust of her company and the fact that she didn't want to be a hinder, that would kind of ruin all she said about which race were the best.
Then reluctantly she nodded a confirmation. "All right then, I am not much for it, in fact I do not like it at all. But it seem that I will have to eat my dislike and cooporate (at this she shrugged). Let me see how I shall mount this mare."
The others looked at her and the hillarious picture she made, a little dwarf brightly clothed in pink, green, yellow and blue trying to mount the great horse. She felt a certain reddening, it was not fun, especially because she couldn't help noticing the sniggering of the Elf and the rolling of eyes of the Men. She was sure that she would be the joke of the month.
In the end Elerrina had to help her up, that didn't make her feel any better or any prouder. "Well, let's get going now!!!!"
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2004 09:42
"Do not feel embarassed, Simbelarië." Elerrina said smiling as she mounted the horse behind Simbelarië, "My horse is rather tall, even for me and it took me a while to learn how to mount her properly." She looked around at the rest of the company and said, "Alright let's go....." Laurelin took off slowly so as not to disturb the dwarf. She felt how tense Simbelarië and didn't want to frighten her. Laurelin gradually sped up until she was at a canter, "This isn't so bad is it?" Elerrina asked after a few moments.
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2004 10:51
Simbelarië's disappointment at the horses' return was nothing compared to Coronath's. They had come back before even a slight panic arose. Curse that horse and its rider! Foiling my plan. And that dwarf too! I thought I had not left any evidence....next time I will be more careful.

Coronath sat quietly in the saddle thinking this to himself. He rode off to the side of the company, so that he could think to himself, but close enough to appear a part of the group. He needed their trust. His plans would prove disastrous if he did not have it.

To the travelers eyes, Coronath was merely listening to the conversation, or reflecting on his journey, but inside he was contemplating his next move.

It is a two-day ride to the border on horseback. I cannot do much but delay them. Stealing the food might do the job. No, elves can last longer without food, and rangers can hunt and scavenge. What to do, what to do? Not much. Two days, and then we will reach the borders. Then the Lady will see my mind. I will be found out and all will be ruined. I must stop them before they ever set foot in that wood. But how? How could I.....maybe, maybe I could...yes, yes! That could work! I could pull that off! But I must talk to Master first....
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2004 04:13
Nethiel was riding next to Hawthorn, and kept looking back at Coronath undecidedly. "Call me folly-" She whispered in his ear, "Never mind." She coughed a bit, then sat back up straight, giving Hawthorn a look that said, "Don't worry about it."

[Edited on 3/28/2004 by Lady_Elwing]
BingoTook
Send Message
on: March 18, 2004 09:38
" 'Dissapointed'? wouldn't really blame him fer that," Hawthron said in a voice pitched to answer the Elf's, and shifted his weight uncomfortably. "Truth is, I was too."

His eye moved back to Coronath, riding along nonchalantly, and not seeming at all to mind the fact that he had a horse beneath him.

"Keep an eye out."
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2004 09:56
Elerrian rode along happily and heard the discussion going on behind her. She rode up next to Coronath and said, "Don't listen to them they just like to complain, expecially Hawthorne." She smiled back at Hawthorne and said, "Oh come on I know you are having fun."
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2004 11:31
Coronath smiled at the elven woman. He had heard the entire conversation, though he had been deep in thought previously. Seeing Hawthorn's glance, he replied, "I suspect I know what you are thinking, and let me just say that if I was the one to cause that mishap earlier, then why would I free my own horse? Though he is old, he has been a faithful companion of mine on all my journeys.

"And can't a man sit and think for a while? I have been traveling for a good while, from Gondor up to Bree. Sometimes it is nice just to sit quietly and reflect on one's journey."
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2004 12:52
Elerrina smiled at Coronath, 'Well then it is a good thing that my horse runs free, she was able to collect all of the horses and bring them back. We ahve about a two days jouney before we get to Lothlorien, so it is a good thing that we have horses." She smiled again and then said, 'I some times sit just lie you were and think about a great dael of things, but i don't think Hawthorn woud know much about that, for at times I don't think any thoughts run through his head." She laughed slightly and smiled at Hawthorn.
BingoTook
Send Message
on: March 18, 2004 05:50
Hawthorn said nothing, replying to the conversation with nothing but an icy stare. All of his hatred for Elves, Rangers, horses, and people in general seemed completely justified, and he gave his horse a swift kick to remove himself from the present company. The ranger's teasing assumption proved incorrect, however; Hawthorn's mind was *very* engaged.

[Edited on 19/3/2004 by eldir]
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: March 19, 2004 04:41
Simbelarië was getting a bit quesy sitting on the horse, the bumbling of the ride made her turn a pale greenish colour and she felt that what food she had eaten willed to come forth. She tried to avoid the quesiness however, for she did not wish for the others to see her in such a state. That would be to great a blow on her dwarven honour that had already suffered from other events and comments.
She therefore did not participate in the conversation but only listened, trying to figure out the people she was with. She did not get their need to joke and and all, sometimes silence was better, but that was of course her opinion and all was entitled to their own. She did not like any of her companions as yet, they seemed to be all of a mind that they disliked her sort and she felt sure that they had only brought her along to make a mockery of her, by putting her on a horse per example. And moreover, they had the minds of Pointy Eared. She sent a mistrusting look to all, and her eyes caught the sight of the man whom they called Hawthorn, he did not seem to be all bad. He rode in silencé, had a grim look and did not seem too happy to be on a horse. The negativess he sent out was of her liking, because she had grown all to tired with this want to like all and everybody.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2004 06:40
Laurelin sensed Simbelarië's discomfort and adjusted her pace so that it didn't bounce the dwarf around at all. The horse tried to make the ride as comfortable as possible for the dwarf. Elerrina meanwhile looked at Hawthorn with some mistrust, 'I should keep my eye on him and be careful what is said to him.' she thought to herself. While keeping an eye on Hawthorn she smiled again at Coronath. This man made her feel almost safe and she thought that she would enjoy traveling with him.
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2004 04:13
Nethiel felt the same way about the conversation as Hawthorn, and couldn't help but move forward a bit to get away from Coronath. She sighed loudly and looked up at the clear sky, not nessicarily wanting to talk.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2004 05:24
Elerrina rode up next to Nethiel and said, 'Can we speak privatly for a moment?" Then she dropped to the back of the group, out of ear shot of the others. When Nethiel joined her she said quietly, 'I don't trust Hawthorn, keep an eye on him and be wary. I don't want to point fingers but if anyone let the horses go, my money is that he did. So just be careful what you say to him alright?"

[Edited on 20/3/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 06:54
Simbelarië still sat uncomfortably on the horse, though she did sense that the horse tried to make adjustments to make her feel better -or to bug her? She was just not a horserider and she would never be.....
When Elerrina had the small conversation with the Pointy Ear she held her ears opened and at hearing whom they suspected to be the ill-doer, letting the horses loose, she felt a smile broadening. Had he done this it only made her like him the most, had his plan succeded she would not have had to ride this horse, bumping away like a ruddy sack of potatoes.

[Edited on 21/3/2004 by eldir]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2004 02:32
Elerrina looked down at the dwarf and smiled, :How about we take a break so that you can get off of this horse. It must be uncomfortable for you, for i know that dwarves do not like to ride." She halted Laurelin gently and said loudly so that everyone could hear, 'Lets take a break and let the horses rest, we still have quite a ways to go before we get to Lothlorien." She dimounted and helped Simbelarië get off.
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: March 22, 2004 04:02
Simbelarië was relieved when she felt stabil ground beneath her feet once again. She bent to the ground as if hugging it, her fingers carressing the brown soil. Then suddenly aware that she was not alone she rose to her feet, sending all a grumpy glare. "Haven't you ever seen someone being happy?" she asked.
Elerrina found some bread and gave her a bit, she took it suspiciously but at seeing that the ranger herself ate it, she took a bite and munched it carefully. The others had also found something to eat. Grey clouds were coming from the mountains, of course there would be a bad weather.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2004 06:40
"I think after we have all had a short rest, we will continue on foot for a short time." Elerrina said as she went and sat down under a tree, followed closely by Laurelin. "Go ahead and run a bit Laurelin, I will call you if I need you." the horse gave out a joyful neigh and took of into the trees.
BingoTook
Send Message
on: March 22, 2004 01:53
"Feet?" Hawthorn breathed a sigh of relief. "Wonderful. That's the first good idea you've had yet, Ranger. So where are we goin' from here? ....those clouds don't look too friendly, you know."

[Edited on 23/3/2004 by BingoTook]

[Edited on 23/3/2004 by eldir]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2004 06:35
"How many times must I tell you to call me Elerrina. My name is not Ranger or Missy so I would appreciate it if you would not call me by those names." Elerrina said glaring at Hawthorn, "Keep it up and we will ride horses the rest of the way there. I was trying to be nice, but do not push me." With that she got up and walked off into the trees. ' that man is beginning to get on my nerves.' she thought to herself as she walked.
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: March 24, 2004 05:48
Simbelarië turned slightly pale and a pang of quesiness went through her body at hearing the Ranger-lass speaking of remounting the horses. She found it amusing how Elerrina acted whenever Hawthorn called her by a name other than Elerrina -she sensed a certain amount of mistrust in her voice when adressing him, it seemed she disliked the man even more than most others dislked Dwarves. A curious thing indeed.
"Where are we going? I now you claim our destination to be Lothlórien (at the mentioning of that place she shrugged and looked unpleased), but which way will we come there? What are your plans beyond that place? I would very much dislike to come even near, especially since they'd most likely behead me, due to my race and all, such a place purposeless, I don't feel like giving up my life so soon for nothing...."
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2004 06:36
Elerrina then smiled and said pleasently, "Yes we are headed for Lorien. as for the way we are taking, we will just follow this road for a while and then cut through the forest for a bit. Afterwards I have no idea where we will go. I just wander from place to place with no real destination most of the time." She smiled at the dwarf and then looked up to see Hawthorn looking at her. She gave him an icy glare and then looked back at the dwarf smiling again, "I am sure that they will not behead you, my dear dwarf. I will not allow such a thing and I happen to be good friend with the Lady of the woods, so you have no cause for worry."
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email