Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678Last >>
Author Topic:
BingoTook
Radical Humor Mathom & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Cirith Thoronath (feel free to join)
on: March 26, 2004 04:38
Hawthorn's eyes narrowed.

" 'Beheading'? What kinda place do you think you're takin' us to, Missy?"

Elerrina glared sharply at the lack of her proper name, but the man belligerently ignored it and continued his protest.

"You say that they're gonna be linin' us up at the door to take our heads off, then *I* ain't gonna have nothin' t' do with it, you follow me?!"
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: March 27, 2004 02:44
"Well, that's comforting, though I still don't feel too sure. You never know to certainty when it's concerning Elves. And I've heard many fell things of that place, things that would scare even the bravest. Not many who venture there return, it seems folly to even come near if we can avoid it. You say you wander at with no purpose or real destination, then why is it necessary to go there. Should we not rather seek out a more pleasant place, where our lives will not be so endangered?"
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2004 01:00
Elerrina glared at Hawthorn again, "You behave and come along or i will behead you myself." Then she smiled and looked at the dwarf, "I asure you that there is nothing fell about Lorien. in fact it is one of the most beautiful places i have ever seen and if people don't come out it is because they enjoy the place so much that they don't wish to leave. As for why we are going there, i actually have a reason for going there. I can not tell the details for it is a private matter, but i will tell you that it is very important that i get there as soon as possible."
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2004 06:26
((ooc: Sorry I was gone so long, it was spring break and we went on a trip!))

Nethiel rolled her eyes and looked at Hawthorn. "There's nothing to worry about in Lothlorien. Once you get there, you'll never want to leave. And there's no be-heading that goes on around those parts, lest it be orc's heads." She sat down leaning on a tree, and closed her eyes, smiling slightly, as if laughing at some amusing joke.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2004 06:40
"Well we had best get moving, I wish to get with in a days jouney of Lorien by tonight." Elerrian said as she started walking, grabbing Hawthorn's shirt and half dragging him along.
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: March 29, 2004 07:44
Simbelarië shuddered, she still didn't feel to comfy about that place, but she decided to hide away her emotions a bit, she didn't want to come off bad, because then surely they'd find a way to use it in their harassment of her race...

She looked at the Pointy Ear, ruddy little thing. He she sat herself against a tree, smiling, no doubt planning how she'd win the honour of all. She hated that race, of course only because they'd always treated her race with such a lack of respect.... She didn't have any prejudices....

When the Ranger told them to continue, she rose, eager to get going though still reluctant to come to their desrination. She didn't get why both the ranger and the Pointy Ear treated the Hawthornguy so obviously mistrusting, not that he had gained her trust yet, but she thought it weird that their was this dislike inside a race -there aren't any bondage between them, she thought, rolling her eyes. Continuing the road hummingly, a small flower in her hand, which she hadn't even notice that she'd picked....
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2004 02:51
Nethiel got up and sighed. She whistled to her horse, then jumped on lightly. She was suddenly very tired, and rested her eyes quite a bit.
BingoTook
Send Message
on: March 30, 2004 06:53
[Trying very hard to resist the urge to quote “Planet of the Apes”…]

Elerrina managed to drag Hawthorn behind her, but not without great difficulty.

“Let—“ Yank. “—me—“ Yank. “—go—“ Yank. “—you—“ Yank. “—cursed woman!” Big yank.

“Stop struggling!” the Ranger commanded, annoyed. “You’re going whether you like it or not!”

“Oh, I’m not, Missy! And you know what? I ain’t goin’ nowhere! Now git yer paws offa me, or I’ll—“

“Or you’ll what?” Elerrina demanded. “You wouldn’t hit a lady, would you?”

“You know what?” Hawthorn answered. “I just might.”

With that, he quickly pulled his hand into a fist, swinging a right hook, wide of Elerrina’s head, but close enough that she released her grip in surprise at the seemed sincerity of his threat. The instant was just enough, and Hawthorn took off running.

“See you AROUND!” he called back, laughing wildly. “Or NOT!!”
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2004 06:38
Elerrina was very angry at this point and whistled. Laurelin ran to her and she quickly mounted and strung her bow. She chased after Hawthorn and caught up with in a few minutes, and shot an arrow at him. It caught his shirt and pinned him to a tree. She stopped in front of him and said, "Next time I will not be so kind." She glared at him and bound his hands. Then she threw him on her horse. "I guess you will get to ride after all." Elerrina said smirking. Then she walked Laurelin back to the others and smiled, "Well let us be off then, Hawthorn has changed his mind and will gladly continue with us." Then she walked over to Feanaro and said, "Watch him and see that he does not try and leave us again."
Feanaro smiled and said, "It would be my pleasure, Lady Elerrina." He mounted Laurelin, right behind Hawthorn and laughed.
Elerrina walked next to Simbelarië and said, "I am sure that you will enjoy yourself at Lothlorien, so do not fret."
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: March 31, 2004 12:42
Through the whole scenario of Hawthorn being dragged along, escaping and being caught, the roaming sound of gay laughter could be heard coming from the deep places of Simbelarië's stomach. She almost cried of laughter. The sight was so hilarious and it was hopeless to fight against the amusement you felt at being the spectator of the show.

When Elerrina had caught Hawthorn once more and put him on her horse with Feänoro she came and joined Simbelarië, telling her that Lothlórien was not a place to fear, but a place to long to get to. Simbelarië said nothing aloud, but the doubt was written in her face.
"I still am not thoroughly convinced, I have not yet seen any kindhearted Pointy Ears, but the age of the Miracles might not have passed completly yet" she said, deep in thought....
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2004 03:14
Nethiel sighed loudly after all this and rolled her eyes. "WHAT does it take to make you people get along?? Hawthorn, stop WORRYING! There's nothing wrong with Lothlorien. Elerrina, stop-just stop chasing people and arrows. This shouldn't be THAT hard."
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: April 01, 2004 07:31
That Pointy Ear!!! She was like one of the most arrogant and horrid of the kind, Simbelarië thought to herself. Her mood quite back at the normal, Elf-hating, mistrustful level, where sanity was in the highseat and impulses were forbidden
She looked venomously at Nethiel who noticed it.
"What, have you got a problem Dwarf? I'm simply saying what most of us non-crazy people are thinking, we who take this seriously"
Simbelarië snorted, looking annoyed on the green turf on the side of the road. She suddenly fell. It was soooo embarrassing. Most tried to hide their laughter, some scorned her and others were rolling their eyes at her.
She got up quickly, brushing of the dust from the road.
"There was a stone, I hadn't seen it" she said, her face reddining into a deeper scarlet than before.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2004 07:38
Elerrian had regained her rangerly ways and said, "Alright no more. Everyone needs to stay quiet so nothing stupid is said." She looked right at Nethiel as she said this, then she walked next to Simbelarië and said, "Are you alright?" She was not laughing at the dwarf, for she did not see it as funny or silly. "Don't worry about it, I bet before long something funny will happen to one of these elves, and then it will be your turn to laugh." she said quietly, smiling at the dwarf. then she looked back at Hawthorn, who was slung over Laurelin on his stomach, "So are you enjoying yourself Hawthorn?" She asked with a smirk.
FaramirandEowynForever146
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2004 05:09
Coronath sat upon his horse, watching the scene in quiet amusement. It was rather comical seeing the poor man pinned against the tree. Even more so as the dwarf fell off onto the ground. Deciding to break his silence, he asked, "Well now, my lady Elerrina, remind me again, how much time shall it take us to reach the Wood?"
BingoTook
Send Message
on: April 01, 2004 07:34
Hawthorn glared at Elerrina, as she turned amiably to answer the other man's question. Hawthorn's face was pulled back into a wide, tight-lipped smile as he slowly shook his head in incredulity at his situation.

"What are YOU smiling at?" Fearno broke in. "It's the rest of us who should be smiling, with how you look tied up like that!"

Hawthorn turned his head to the Elf.

"You know," he remarked thoughtfully, "if my hands weren't tied up right now....I think I'd slug you."

He paused a moment, then added, "Of course, my legs are still free."

With that, he twisted sideways on the horse, planting a heavy kick firmly in the Elf's stomach, and sending him toppling to the ground. Hawthorn grinned.

"Now who's smiling?"
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2004 06:14
Elerrina turned from Hawthorn to answer Coronath's question, "The journey will be about one day after tonight if all goes well." Then she heard a thud behind her. Whirlingaround she saw that Hawthorn had kicked Feanaro off the horse, "Haw thorn, please behave your......." She was cut off as an arrow flew past her head. She whirled around and said, "We are under attack!" She drew her sword as a large band of orcs ran into the clearing. Another arrow flew past her head, "Someone kill that archer!" she screamed as she slit an orcs throat.
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2004 02:12
Without thinking, Nethiel whipped out her bow and started all the orcs she could see. "What are they doing here??" She asked anyone who would answer as she continued to shoot.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 10:36
Whirling round, Coronath saw the Orc archer firing down on them. Behind it were the sounds of more approaching. Watching the elves and rangers fire back at the orcs, he remembered suddenly that he had no bow. Hastily he urged his horse to a run and fled the attack, the others following.

Deep into the trees they ran. The sounds of pursuit was far away now, and they began to slow, when suddenly another band of orcs leaped out in front of them in ambush. The horse lurched and sped away in a different direction, throwing Coronath off into a bush, out of sight of the others.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 04:48
Elerrina finally managed to kill the orc that was firing upon her. It fell out of the tree with a shriek. She charged foreward as more orcs attacked and dreww her sword. she ran into the middle of a group of orcs and swung her sword, killing three of them. she then beheaded another and sliced anothers stomach open.
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 09:08
Simbelarië had not been hable to do more than cover herself from the whirling arrows with her shield, when the first Orc attack had begun, since she as Coronath did not have any bow.
Then suddenly when they thought they had chased the fell Orcs away, they were surprised by an ambush. Simbelarië didn't mind it though, since they were this time near her, so she was able to swing her axe at them, trying to kill as many as possible.
BingoTook
Send Message
on: April 07, 2004 06:23
Hawthorn twisted on the jumpy horse, trying to avoid the arrows pelleting the ground around. He finally landed on the ground with an ungraceful THUMP, and added horse hoofs to the things which could potentially kill him at the moment.

He managed to roll away from the horse, cursing the fact that no one would think to maybe untie him. Before he could try to sever the rope himself, however, relief came in an unusual form. A large orc crashed through the brush towards him, raising a large, cleaver-like weapon. The orc swung down--and sliced through the ropes between Hawthorn's wrists.

The man looked at the orc who stood as if awaiting congradulations, down at the ropes, up again, and promptly K.O.'d it with a good right hook.

Hawthorn snatched up his bow and began shooting, pushing from his mind for the moment the question of whether or not the orc had come from where he thought it did...
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2004 09:07
Another arrow flew past Elerrina's head, as she killed another orc, "Stupid orcs..." she said as she whirled around and shot an arrow at the orc that had fired upon her. It fell out of the tree with a screech and lay still. She noticed that an orc of all things had cut Hawthorn's bonds, 'That is very strange.... could he have planned this attack?' she thought to herself, but was cut short as an orc drove a dagger in to her side. She let out a cry of pain and sliced the orcs head off. She pulled the dagger out of her side and blood began to stream down her side, 'darn orcs....' she thought wincing in pain.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2004 10:13
After a time, the struggle was over. Orcs lay dead on the ground. Elerrina sat nursing her wound, and the others gathered round her to help in any way they could. She was shooting suspicious glances over at Hawthorne, who was standing near the back. Suddenly one of them exclaimed, "Where is that man Coronath? Why is he not here?". Elerrina stood up slowly, clutching her side, and proceeded to find him.

They hadn't searched for long, when, coming upon a dip in the land, found the man lying on his back, a sword in his hand. Next to him was a dead Orc. Both were covered in blood. "Coronath!" gasped Elerrina. Coronath lifted his head to look at her. "You are wounded. Here, let me help you." she said. "No, no." Coronath replied weakly. "I do not think that......". Before he finished, a huge flock of Orcs came hurdling through the trees. "Go on! Go on to Lothlorien! Leave me here." he cried to the elf. The attack was too great to stay and fight, and so she unwillingly complied, leading the others away from the scene, silently bidding farewell to their companion.

[Exeunt Coronath.]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2004 09:58
Elerrina mounted Laurelin, after hog tying Hawthorn and throwing him on the horse. She kicked her horse into a gallop and everyone followed her. Tears streamed down her face as she thought of Coronath and what the orcs might do to him, 'Please be okay Coronath...' she thought to herself, as Laurelin galloped on. The sun began to set, but Elerrina could not bring herself to stop, "We will travel through the night and reach Lothlorien by morning." she said in a shakey voice. They galloped on into the night and then as the sun began to crack the horizon, she saw Lothlorien, "We are almost there..." She said as she urged Laurelin to speed up. Her side throbbed in pain and it took almost all of her strength to stay on the horse, she clutched her side as blood continued to pour from the wound.
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2004 02:52
As Nethiel rode, she pondered the cause of the attack. Orcs do not attack in great hoards without reason. What could have pushed them to do so? She then looked at Hawthorn tied back onto the horse and smiled as he bounced up and down.
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: April 13, 2004 06:47
She breathed heavily, sweating, as they hurried from the Orcs. Even though she felt a terrible glee owing to the loss of Coronath, she felt sorry at the same time and also dissatisfaction with herself, no matter what, she would like to keep her Dwarven honour, and helping other's out, no matter how disliked they were to her.
The other's made a run for their horses. She felt miserable, she didn't want to ride again. She already felt the queasiness at seeing the great horses hurrying away. She then realised a thing. There was riders on -her companions. She kicked a stone and spat at the ground.
She was at a loss whether to return to see if she could help Coronath or run to seek the refuge of the trees looming far away. She decided upon the first. But as she returned to the place of fight she noticed that only the corpses of dead Orcs were left, Coronath were gone and so were the Enemies from whom they had fled.
She sad down and sighed heavily. There was no sign of where they had gone. She sad down on a great rock, getting hold of her breath. Then she rose, walking slowly downhill.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2004 08:40
Elerrina noticed that the dwarf was not with them and quickly went back in the direction they had come from, "Go into Lothlorien and wait for me! I will be back!" she yelled to the others as she rode off. She soon found her sitting on a rock. She rode up, still holding her side and said, "I thought I had lost you too..." her face was stained with tears as she dismounted rather painfully and invited the dwarf to ride with her. "Are you still willing to come with me to Lothlorien?" she asked, not wanting to force anyone else into danger unwillingly. She looked down at the ground and said, "I will understand if you do not wish to come along.... I don't want to put anyone else into danger and I don't want to have to leave anyone else behind......" she trailed off as tears began to flow down her cheeks again. She turned her back on Simbelarië, not wanting to show that she was crying.
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: April 13, 2004 11:59
It was difficult for her to keep the relief from showing too much on her face, when she saw the form of a Ranger near itself to where she sat. She was not much for admitting it, but she had begun to like to be with a company. To be alone was so dull. But it was even far worse to be stranded somewhere between a nasty Elves place (the only place you'd meet your fellowship, but also a place you were sure to be killed if you came as a lone Dwarf) and the middle of nowhere. She had no sense of where she was at all.
At seeing Elerrina she sighed relieved, but she also noticed the tearstrained face that the Ranger had. However she seemed to be unwilling to show this, because she kept turning her head when the sorrow overtook her. "I wonder if Coronath meant so much to her..." she asked herself.
"Aye, I will come. Not that I am much for it, but seems I've got nowhere else to go, I treasure my life dearly, but it seems you could need a loyal friend at this hour, I will join with you, even to that foul Elvish place -whether it will cost me my life or not." she said, trying to pat Elerrina comfortingly on her shoulder "Heck, I will even suffer the ride of a ruddy horse" she added with a broad grin, then she sobered herself andtold the Ranger what she had seen, she noticed how worried the Ranger looked when she heard of Coronath's strange fate.
They mounted the horse, Simbelarië getting slightly green already when the Ranger pulled her up, but trying desperately not to show it....
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2004 01:50
"Thank you....." Elerrina said as they rode off again. They soon reached Lothlorien and Elerrina brought her horse to a stop. She dismounted and helped Simbelarië down. "We have reached Lothlorien, home of Lady Galadriel." Elerrina said, trying to sound cheerful. She kept looking back in the direction they had come from, 'Please be okay Coronath....' she thought to herself. Her side was still bleeding from her wound and she clutched her side in pain. Blood ran from her wound and formed a pool about her feet. 'why hasn't the bleeding stopped? it should have by now.....' she thought to herself.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2004 02:34
((ooc: Mwahahaha! You can't get rid of me so easily! You lose one character, but gain another!))

The weather had not been treating Ethener too generously. He had been traveling for nearly a week with dreary, grey skies above. The clouds seemed to have an endless supply of rain to pour onto his head. Pulling his cloak tighter about him to ward off the chilling rain, he urged his horse to go faster.

His destination was the Golden Wood of Lothlorien. To avoid crossing the mountains, he journeyed southward, passed the Gap of Rohan, and continued northeast towards the Great River and onwards.

Soon he could see the leaves of the great mallorn trees in the distance. They seemed as if they were not touched by the dismal weather. Coming into the Wood, he made for the entrance of the city. The elves who guarded the border did not hinder him, for his arrival had been known.

Coming to the gates, he saw a strange company: some elves and a woman ranger, along with a shady-looking man with tethered hands, and a dwarf. He nodded in greeting to them, and in doing so, he saw the bloodied side and pained breathing of the Ranger. Dismounting, and gesturing for her to do the same, he said, "You should not be riding with such an injury. We are still far from the healers' talans. Let me help you."

[Edited on 14/4/2004 by FaramirandEowynForever146]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2004 02:43
Elerrina wondered who this stranger was, but didn't object, for she was in too much pain to argue. "Thank you kind stranger." she said as he examined her wound. "I don't understand why it is still bleeding, it should have stopped hours ago....." she said quietly.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2004 03:05
Ethener examined the wound carefully. "Hmmm.....how did you get this?" he asked. "An orc dagger. We were ambushed several hours before we came here." The man shook his head. "Ill news it is to hear that orcs are roaming nearby." He kneeled down and slung his pack to the ground. He pulled out some white linen and tore it into strips. He also brought out a small bottle of thick, clear liquid. Dabbing a rag into the stuff, he gently smoothed it over the wound, until it was also covered by the liquid. A tinkling sensation came over Elerrina, and she wondered what the stuff was. Ethener then bandaged her up, and said, "Here now. This will do until you can get to a healer in the city."
BingoTook
Send Message
on: April 13, 2004 06:59
Hawthorn looked askance at Nariel.

"You can stop laughing, ya know."

He looked over at Elerrina and Ethener.

"Great," he mumbled, half to himself. "Another one. ...Cursed woman. 'Bout time somebody thought to patch 'er up. I thought Elves were s'ppossed to be good fer that sort of thing."

He looked back at Nariel.

"Say!" he cried, smiling. "How would you like ta untie me, here? You know, these ropes chafe ya somethin' awful."

He cocked an eyebrow.

"Huh? Come on!"
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2004 06:27
"Thank you." Elerrina said with a pained smile, "May I ask your name?" She then heard Hawthorn's little "speech" and turned to him with a venemous stare, "You will not be untied, until I have decided what to do with you. It is all your fault, and you know it so do not try to play innocent." Even though her face showed great anger, a single tear flowed down her cheek once again. 'I will not lose anyone else because of that man....' she thought as she gave him another icy glare.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2004 09:31
"You know," said Ethener to Elerrina, while also looking at Hawthorn, "it is said that Lothlorien is free of all evil, save that which one brings with him. I do not know what ill feelings are between you, but I ask you, please do not take it any further into these woods." Elerrina nodded, and caught a slight smirk on Hawthorn's face, but decided to ignore it for the moment. "Now, as for my name, I am Ethener. And who might you all be, so strange a company to enter Lothlorien?"
<< First45678Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email