Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First56789
Author Topic:
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Cirith Thoronath (feel free to join)
on: April 14, 2004 05:04
Elerrina smiled and said, "My name is Elerrina Gil-Estel." she pointed to each of her companions and said, "That is Feanaro, and Moro, and Nethiel. And this fine dwarf is Simbelarië." She indicated Hawthorn next, "And that villan over there is Hawthorn. i believe that if you had traveled here with him you would bear the same feelings towards him as i do. A companion of ours was killed thanks to him. And I believe that we can also thank him for the ambush." She glared at Hawthorn again and said, "I refuse to let him run free until we find this out for certain."
BingoTook
Radical Humor Mathom & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 14, 2004 05:50
Hawthorn was aghast.

"What..? *MY* fault?! What do you think you're talkin' about, woman?! I don' have NOTHIN' t' do with that!"
FaramirandEowynForever146
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 09:44
"It does not matter whose fault it was, though I am sorry for your loss." said Ethener. "Come, I will take you to the healers, and have that nasty wound fixed up properly. I am a Ranger, and I know a good deal about healing, but my skill can never surpass that of the Elves. Come now." After helping Elerrina back onto her horse, Ethener mounted his own horse and set off at a relaxed pace to the healers.
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 01:37
((OOC: Sorry, I've been grounded! And who's Nariel, Bingo?))

Nethiel, excited as could be about finally entering Lothlorien again, sprung her horse forward and plunged into the forest, then waited next to a small river ((Sorry, I forgot what it was called, you know, the singing one)) and waited for everyone to catch up.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2004 08:55
Feanaro grabbed Hawthorn by the arm and led him in the same direction that Elerrina and Ethener were headed.
Elerrina winced as a wave of pain ran through her side. She almost fell of her horse as she clutched her side and when she removed her hand from her side, she saw that the bleeding, which had almost stopped before, had begun again and was worse than ever, Why won't the bleeding stop?' she thought to herself, almost in a panic.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2004 10:41
Ethener heard Elerrina's groans, and halted. Looking at the blood, he said, "We must hurry. Come, climb up with me, and I shall take you. The rest of you may come at whatever pace you like, if you can not keep up." After pulling Elerrina up into the saddle with him, he quickly raced off, not looking behind to see if they were still with him.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2004 01:19
"I....I....don't understand. The bleeding should have stopped hours ago...." She looked down at her hand which was covered in blood. The red highlight that ran through her raven black hair usually glowed like fire, but now it was very dull and barely noticable. Her bright purple eyes had also turned to a dull grey and she felt very weak and vulnerable at the moment, which scared her.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2004 04:51
"Just hold on..." whispered Ethener, trying to keep her from jouncing too much as they rode. It seemed like forever when they finally reached their destination. He dismounted and carried Elerrina inside. An elf greeted them at the entrance, trying to smile despite Elerrina's visible pain. Ethener spoke briefly to him, and the elf called out in his own tongue for the master healer to come out immediately.

The healer then carefully inspected the wound, but could find nothing out of the ordinary. "But...why won't it stop bleeding?" asked Elerrina. The healer looked grave. "I myself do not understand this. It seems as if some evil is at work, but what it is, I cannot find. I can, however, help to ease the pain for now."

He whispered to an assistant, which then left the room and returned shortly with a small, leather pouch. Inside was a white-ish powder, which was applied to the wound. After a few excruciatingly long minutes, Elerrina began to feel the pain lessen. She was bandaged up and taken to a smaller room, where she was laid in bed to rest, Ethener standing watch in the doorway.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2004 04:59
Elerrina lay in the bed watching Ethener. She was exhausted, but happy that the bleeding had stopped. "Thank you for your help, Lord Ethener." she said weakly.

Galadriel sat in her chambers reading a book, when an elf came in and told her of Elerrina's arrival and injury. She got up and said, "Thank you, I will go to her since she can not come to me." The elf led Galadriel to the healer's. She entered the healer's and was lead to the room that Elerrina was in. She saw a man with her and stepped in quietly, not wanting to disturb anything.
Elerrina looked up and saw Galadriel, "Lady Galadriel...." she said quietly.
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: April 17, 2004 10:25
As they reached the forest of Lothlórien, Simbelarië could not help to grow slightly paler at every step they took further into the luring depths. She felt a chill creeping about her and shuddered.
When they met the man who called himself Ethener, after they had travelled for a while, she couldn't help eyeing him suspeciously, he reminded her of someone in strange way and moreover, she would never feel to trustful towards any who walked the lands of the Elven Witch.
When they arrived to Caras Galadhorn, she drew her breath quickly, panick couldn't help but being felt just a tad, though she tried to conceal it, but it was difficult.
Then the Ranger left them, she needed to talk to an Elven Healer about her wound which was not keen to heel. That made her feel even more uneasy. She didn't see many Elves around, but she felt them and their animosity against her. She knew about this place and how the lord of these lands felt a grudge against her kin for the slaying of Thingol or Elwë Singollo, she had studied those times and that age.
She held a little tighter on her axe.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2004 10:43
Galadriel walked over to Elerrina and sat down at her bed side. Then she said, "I am sorry to bother you while you are still healing, but I need to tell you why I called you here. This is a matter that can not wait." She turned to Ethener and said, "Would you leave us alone to speak?" Elerrina quickly said, "No he can stay, I don't mind."
"Very well." Galadriel said and then said, "I called you here because I have been informed that someone, or something has been murdering those of Dunedain blood." Elerrina looked at her shocked, "Who has lost their lives and how many?"
"We don't know exactly but at last count there were about 15 dead, including Ranmar......" she trailed off.
Elerrina's eyes got wide and she said, "Eru no....." and a tear slide down her cheek, "When did it happen?"
"About a week ago...... I am sorry for your loss." Galadriel placed her pale hand on Elerrina's shoulder.
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2004 03:18
Nethiel led Simbelarië into the building where Elerrina was and told her to stay there. "I have to visit a few people. Don't get into any trouble." She then turned and left the building crossing over to a house three trees away and walked in.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2004 05:27
Ethener listened to the Lady's news with curiousity and terror. "Who would do such an evil deed, and why?" he asked, now standing beside her. Galadriel answered solemnly, "The report gave only information of the victims. The murderer's identity is veiled. No one has yet been able to catch this villian."

Ethener stood in thought for a moment, and then said, "I had a dream some time ago. That is why I came here, to see if you could interpret it for me. In it, I seemed to be looking up into the night sky, and there were many stars. A dark, ominous cloud was also there. It moved, swallowing up each star, and blocking out its light, never to be seen again. There was a bright, bright star which the cloud was pursuing, but could never find."

"That is when I would wake up. I might have thought nothing of it, just a dream affected by the dreary weather, but it came back to me again, but this time, the cloud continued to eat up the stars, until only two stood between it and the star it chased after.

"Again, I woke up, and again the dream came to me. In this final dream, the first star faltered, and just as it was about to be consumed, a burst of lightning tore through the sky, shattering the cloud."
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2004 09:54
"That is a powerful dream, Ethener. Allow me to think on it for a few hours and I will try to give you an answer.' Galadriel said, and began to stand up.

"Wait, Galadriel." Elerrina said suddenly, "Will you please tell me where Ranmar was killed?"

"The plains of Rohan, not far from Fanghorn. I know what you are thinking, but Hawthorn didn't kill him or any of the others, I have seen his mind and I know. He was not responsible for the death of Coronath either. " she replied and left.

Elerrina stared after her and then turned to Ethener, "Would you please go and find Simbelarië and Hawthorn, I want to talk to them." She felt horrible about the way she treated Hawthorn.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2004 03:10
Ethener nodded, and without speaking another word, left to find the others. He found them waiting outside the healers' talan, waiting. They looked anxious. "Come, Elerrina wishes to speak to you." He led them to the bedside of Elerrina. The two exchanged glances, and he knew what she was thinking. He turned to Hawthorn, his arms still bound. Then he pulled out his dagger, and sliced off the rope, freeing him.
BingoTook
Send Message
on: April 18, 2004 05:25
" 'Bout time," Hawthorn growled, rubbing his sore wrists. "What's this about, Missy? Yer not up an' dyin' on us now, are ya?"
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 04:41
"No i'm not (not that you would care) it will take more than that to kill me." Elerrina said, "I wanted to apologise to you. i treated you poorly and blamed you for things before looking into them and i am sorry for that. I hope you can forgive me in time."

Then she looked at Simbelarië and said, "I want you to remember that you are a friend of mine and if any of the elves her do not treat you well they will have to answer to me." she smiled weakly and then said, 'I would like to talk to you alone if you will listen."
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 10:35
Galadriel sat in her chambers, contimplating Ethener's dream. After about an hour she called one of her guards to her, "Yes lady Galadriel?' the guard asked.
"Bring Ethener to me i wish to speak with him." she said.

The elf bowed and left. He walked toward the healers and upon reaching there he found Ethener, "Lord Ethener, Lady Galadriel wishes to speak with you right away." the guard said.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 11:26
Ethener looked up as the guard entered and told him of Galadriel's request to speak to him. He followed the elf to her room and walked in. "Yes, my Lady? What is it that you wish to speak to me about?"
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 11:46
"I have thought about your dream for quite sometime and the answer has come to me. i believe that the stars are the representation of those of Dunedain blood and the cloud is the thing or person that has been murdering them, that is why the cloud is devouring the stars. I also feel that the two stars you spoke of are meant to be you and Elerrina." she paused for a few moments and then continued, "You said that one star faltered, i believe that Elerrina is the one that will falter." She stared directly at Ethener then and said, "I believe that you are destined to protect Elerrina, that is why you had that dream."
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 12:08
Ethener thought for a moment after hearing this. "So then, if this is true, then Elerrina is the next victim! And then I.......and then the bright star........" Galadriel nodded. "I have seen the Dark Lord Sauron's mind, and he knows that Isildur's heir is out there somewhere. He knows that he is of the Dunedain. That bright star is the one he seeks: Isildur's heir, the one destined to be King. If you and Elerrina falter, so shall the bright star be consumed by the cloud." Ethener nodded solemnly and bowed. He then turned and headed back to the healers' talan.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 12:28
"Ethener, one more thing, beware of the star at the center of the cloud. Things are not as they seem." Galadriel said as he left.

Back at the healers talon, Elerrina was talking to Simbelarië about what Galadriel had told her. She told Simbelarië the whole sory and then said, "i will understand if you wish to go no further with me, but I trust you with my life and i hope that you will come with me, though you would have to understand that your life will be in danger every moment."
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2004 02:36
Nethiel walked back to the Healers' talan smiling broadly. She had changed into a dark blue dress and tied her hair back so it hung loosly over her shoulders, making her more beautiful than she had been in weeks.
"Ah, it is nice to be back again!" she said happily as she sat next to Hawthorn. "I see they have finally untied you. I'm sorry about that, I don't know what they saw wrong with you." She then blushed lightly, a tinge of pink reaching her pale face. "Ahem," She cleared her throught, "Yes, well, are you starving? I'm starving. We should find somewhere to eat soon."
She stood up and walked to the edge of the talan. She sighed, looking around, and began quietly singing an elvish tune to herself while waiting for everyone else.

[Edited on 4/21/2004 by Lady_Elwing]
BingoTook
Send Message
on: April 21, 2004 06:42
[Sorry 'bout gettin' yer name wrong earlier. There's just too many darned "-iel" names in the RPG forum! I can't keep 'em all straight!]

"Food, huh?" Hawthorn replied indifferently, wihtout really listening.

This place made him nervous. He felt like there were eyes boring into him all the time, into his mind, into his heart. It was a disquieting feeling.

Still, he WAS untied, now, thanks to the ranger's seeming momentary lapse out of character due to being hit on the head. And if he kept his guard up, Hawthorn was sure that he could slip away once Elerrina recovered and changed her mind about the ropes. Plus, he wasn't expected to go near any horses for the moment.

He exhaled wearily. He was free of two grievances for the moment, at least. And he suppossed that the company of a pretty elven girl was not so objectionable as some other options.

He shrugged off the hunted feeling. He would try to relax. At least for the time.

"Food?" Hawthorn asked again. "Yeah....I could do with somethin' ta eat."
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2004 01:10
Nethiel sighed again and looked at Hawthorn. "I am really famished. I'm going to tell them we're going to eat." She then went into the building and returned a few minutes later. "Ok...Well, my friend said she was going to be making something soon. Follow me." She then started walking in the direction she had come from about ten minutes earlier.
BingoTook
Send Message
on: April 22, 2004 03:51
Hawthorn shrugged, got up and followed. Why not?
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 03:39
(((SOOOO soryy for not posting earlier, I have been extremely, horribly busy with no time to be online at all)))

Simbelarië eyed Elerrina with a plae look on her face, as the ranger told her of the dreadful passings and what she willed to do. She didn't know what to make of it, it was all very over-whelming. Something bid her to just walk away from it all, yet another, including her Dwarven honour which she treasured highly, told her to not recoile but to follow this stranger, who lay this still in her bed, suffering from fell attacks.
She took a deep breath while meditating the the news. She felt Elerrina's heavy breath beside her and sent her a sideways look. She didn't look too good, nor too healthy. Her mind set up and she shrugged as her decision and its ossible consequences forced their entrance to her thoughts.
"I will follow you, lady ranger, and even die defending you if that be the case. I have already followed you to what for me seems the most dreadful place of all, the Elven dwelling of which the ruler is a Pointy Eared witch, it makes no difference whether your quest kills me or any other, I die when I am meant to do so..."
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 04:15
Elerrina smiled at Simbelarië and said, "Thank you....... Though i hope that no one else will have to die because of me....." A tear entered her eye as she said this, remembering Coronath.
Just then the healer enteredthe room again and went to Elerrina's side to check her wound, "You should get so rest, dear or that wound will never heal." then the healer turned from the ranger and looked at the dwarf, "She needs her rest so would you mind leaving her now." with a warm smile, the healer shooed Simbelarië out of the room.
Elerrina lay awake for a short while and then drifted into a dreamless sleep.
When she awoke she looked around her, not realizing where she was at first, then she remembered. She struggled to sit up as pain ripped through her side, but she didn't care, she was sick of laying down. She propped herself up against the headboard and stared out the window at all of the beautiful trees.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2004 06:28
(ooc: okay guys I am going to move this on a little)

A few days passed in this manner and on the morning of the third day, Elerrina decided that they must set out again. She sat up in her bed, feeling much better and got up. She changed back into her clothes and found that the hole from the knife had been patched up and the blood stains were gone. She walked out of the Healer's and stood below the tree. She took a deep breath and thought, "This will be a perfect day to set out again.' She was still a little weak on her feet, so she used her bow to help support herself. She sent an elf to get somethings ready for her journey. She wasn't sure if she wanted to tell the others, though because she didn't want to put them in danger.
The elf started to gather food and supplies with the help of a few other elves. As they prepared one elf saw Ethener and the others, "Are you all getting ready to leave with Lady Elerrina?" he asked curiously, seeing that they had no packs or supplies ready.
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2004 01:59
Nethiel looked at the elf as if she had not heard him correctly, "Leave? Since when are we leaving?" She was obviously not very happy about this, and waited the elf's answer impaitienly.
BingoTook
Send Message
on: May 03, 2004 06:04
"Leave?" Hawthorn blinked from where he lounged against a wall, chewing a long blade of grass. "Don' tell me that woman's serious! Two days ago she couldn' even stand up straight!"

The man caught the dwarf's eye.

"Not that I'm much fer stickin' 'round here, though, either," he murmured confidentially.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2004 05:38
"Yes, Lady Elerrina is standing out side of the Healers readying to leave. Did she not inform you?" The elf said confused, "She walked right out of the Healers and told me to help her get ready to leave, though I do say she did seem to wobble on her feet and if it was up to me, I would have her stay in bed for a while longer. But what can I do.... she is a ranger and traveling is what she does." THe elf then walked off with the supplies he was carrying back towards the healers.

Elerrina whistled and Laurelin trotted up to her, happy to see that she was okay. She stroked the horse's forehead, "Are you ready to go again girl? We have a long journey ahead of us."
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2004 01:46
"Well, I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but I am not going any where for the time being. You may leave, I'm not going to stop you, but I won't be with you, unless it's in a week or so." Nethiel sat down in a huff, then looked at Hawthorn with a bit of a smile, and quickly looked away.
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: May 05, 2004 10:46
Simbelarië was extremely relieved to hear that they were leaving, she noticed alright that Elerrina did not seem completely okay, but she dreaded this place to much to argue with the Ranger about staying further. She even had to restrain herself from run packing the very minute the message was given.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2004 06:25
Elerrina was torn, she didn't want to put her new friends in danger, but she also didn't want to go with out them, at least not without saying goodbye, "What should I do, Laurelin?" She asked her horse as she continued to stroke the horse's forehead. The elf returned with the supplies, "Did you not tell your friends that you were leaving? The yseemed suprised to find out."
"So you told them then?" She asked.
<< First56789
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email