Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First56789
Author Topic:
FaramirandEowynForever146
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Cirith Thoronath (feel free to join)
on: May 06, 2004 11:42
Ethener did not have much packing to do when he found out that Elerrina was ready to leave. He was glad that she was well again, but leaving the safety of Lothlorien would put all of them in danger. He had decided that he must keep an eye on Elerrina, remembering the Lady Galadriel's words.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2004 03:26
"Yes i told tham that you were getting ready to leave." The elf said.
Elerrina mounted her horse, "I am not sure if i should bring them along, I do not wish to put them in danger." She turned her horse and began to ride off, "Would you please tell them goodbye for me?"
The elf stared after her for a few moments and then ran to find the others. He spotted them and yelled, "Lady Elerrina has left!" He ran up to them and stopped in front of Ethener, "She said that she did not wish to put you all in danger, but I fear for her. She is not full healed yet, I could see it by the way she mounted her horse."
Just then Lady Galadriel appeared, "She went off alone?! Ethener you and the others must catch her quickly, I have seen her future if she goes off alone, she will die." Galadriel looked up at the sky and then said, "The one who is after her is not far away and if she does not have help she will not live."

Then the Healer came out of his talon and gave a package to Ethener, "I tried to give this to Lady Elerrina, but she would not take it. It is medicine for her wounds, for they have not fully healed yet."
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2004 01:56
Nethiel groaned, for she was still very unhappy about leaving, but said, "Well, we might as well go after. Come on, we must pack swiftly." And with that, she ran of to pack.
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2004 06:23
Ethener took the package from the healer and quickly left, the others follwing behind. Elerrina had not gone far when they caught up. Elerrina told them again what the elf had said, that she didn't want to put them in danger. Ethener replied, "You are putting yourself at danger, traveling like this with that wound. The least we can do is help you."

He handed her the package from the healer, and she took it reluctantly. "But I'm fine. The wound is healed over." she said, trying to convince them to turn back. "Oh, you are just like my brother." Ethener muttered. "Or at least, like he was when we were together." he added softly.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2004 01:27
Elerrina sighed, "I guess i can not leave without you even if I wanted to can I?" She smiled at Ethener and then added, "Actually I am glad that I do not have to do this alone. You remind me a lot of Ranmar." She had saddness in her eyes as she said the name of her now departed friend.
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2004 01:48
Nethiel had grown a little uncomfortable in this sentimental moment, and glanced between Ethener and Elerrina, who were still looking at eachother. "Yes, well," She said, breaking the silence and clearing her throat, "We'd better be off then. But where are we going?" ((OOC: lol! Fellowship of the Ring flashback! Pippin: "Great! Where are we going?" lol))
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2004 01:58
"I need to go to the plains of Rohan. I have to find out what happened to Ranmar." She had tears in her eyes as she said this and then looked up at the sky.
Then she looked around, "Something does not feel right here, lets go." She nudged Laurelin into a walk again.
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2004 05:23
They started off again, going slowly for a while. After a while, Ethener spoke up after having a moment of thought. "Yes, you miss your friend, I miss my brother." he said. "Who is your brother, and where is he? Did he....die?" asked Elerrina cautiously. "No, he is alive, or at least, he was when I last saw him. But eight years can be a long time. Anything could have happened to him.....his name is Denallian, my older brother by three years. We grew up in a village in Gondor. About 9 years ago, I left home with the Rangers. I came back a year later to visit my family, and that was the last time I saw him. I miss him very greatly, and wish everyday that I could him again."
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2004 01:03
"I am sorry to hear that." Elerrina said, "Ranmar was also like a brother to me so i understand how you feel. Ranmar was always there for me, no matter where I was...." She broke off as tears welled up in her eyes, "But I was not there for him when he needed me the most......"
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: May 09, 2004 01:07
Simbelarië walked slowly, her eyes on every moment, her ears alert for any strange sound. She tried not to listen to the conversation between Ethener and Elerrina for she felt it was quite personal, however she had to stay close to them to keep a good distance from the wretched Pointy Ear that rode along some way behind her chatting along with Hawthorn.
She whistled to herself, adding humming words to her homemade tune.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 06:33
A darkness continued to grow in the back of her mind, making her nervous, "Ethener, something is definatly not right, can you feel it?"

Then she turned to Simbelarië, "Keep an eye out for anything suspicious, I feel like we are being watched..."
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 01:50
Nethiel rolled her eyes and looked at the sky. "Something's always wrong, isn't it? We get to lothlorien, the best place on Middle Earth, and we have to leave in two days because something's 'not right'." She sighed and looked around, very bored.
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 02:20
"It is strange to have such a feeling so near to Lothlorien, and yet I feel the same way. But maybe it is not foreboding evil. Perhaps something else will happen, something good." said Ethener.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 05:59
"I wish i could be as sure as you." Elerrina said looking at Ethener.

"Nethiel, you do not have to come with us if you do not wish to, i will not force you to stay, though i hope you will." Elerrina said, upon hearing her comment.

She was still trying to figure out why Hawthorn had decided to come with, for she knew that he did not like her and he had perfect reason for that after the way she had treated him.
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 10:53
They rode on, looking ahead and behind for anyone that might be watching them. Nothing was seen or heard of that might rouse suspicion, but still the feeling lingered.

After riding for a while, they came to an area where a forest of tall, dark trees marched alongside their path. Now the presence of these trees made them warier, for they were an excellant place for an unknown foe to hide. Ethener glanced uneasily into the gloom of the forest, and quickened their pace. A couple of times he thought he heard a rustle. He thought nothing of it until he realized that the others had heard it too. They stopped and watched. The rustling then continued, slowly and softly, until in the shadows of the wood, they could make out the figure of a person. It walked with a slight limp, leaning on a long, wooden stick. When it came out into the sunlight, they saw a hooded man walking straight towards them. "Who are you?" asked Elerrina. The man looked up, and pulled back his hood just enough for Elerrina to see his face. When she saw him, she gasped.
BingoTook
Radical Humor Mathom & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 05:25
Hawthorn's bow was in his hand in a flash, an arrow nocked and pulled back tight against the bowstring, aiming for the figure's heart. He arched an eyebrow and held the arrow there, waiting.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 05:37
Elerrina gasped as she saw the man's face and one word escaped her mouth, "Coronath........" She quickly dismounted and ran to him, "I thought you were killed..." She had tears of joy in her eyes, seeing him alive.
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 10:51
Coronath pulled his hood forward, veiling his face once more. "No, no. I was not killed luckily. I was wounded, and the Orcs took me. They carried me unmercifully for a while, but I suppose they came too close to the border of Lothlorien, and the Elves took us at unawares. All of the Orcs were killed, but during the struggle, I was forgotten, and managed to crawl to safety. That was quite some time ago. Fortunately I had the food and healing suppies to keep me on my feet and find a way out of the woods. And now, here I am."

Elerrina smiled with joy and would have hugged him, if he had not stopped her. He pushed back his cloak, and underneath his shirt he revealed a large, bloodstained strip of cloth used as a bandage. "Careful, it is still healing."

Ethener marveled at how the man could be so injured and yet still live. And even more, how did Elerrina know him? "Who is this man, Elerrina? How do you do each other?'
BingoTook
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 06:45
Hawthorn kept his bow and eyes on Coronath as he interrupted Elerrina to answer for her.

"We found *this* guy when 'e popped outta nowhere in th' Breeland forests. Then we *lost* 'im when a bunch a' goblins jumped us."

He nodded towards Coronath.

"All righty, Corr. *I* gotta couple a' queschuns fer ya. If you were bein' carried off by orcs, an' then ya escaped them when a bunch a' Elves attacked *them*, an' you ran off...where'd ya *get* th' 'food n' healin' supplies'?"
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 02:37
Hawthorn was not the only one to feel suspicious of Coronath's sudden return. Simbelarië could not help feel that something was rotten inside him, he was drenched in a stench of evil and cruelty. But she did not dare utter anything yet, they all seemed so happy of his return. At least the Ranger did. She did not wish to ruin the joy, nor make them suspicious with her for speaking her mind. So she kept quiet, deciding to put an extra eye on him as often as she could. She seldom trusted people, but that something was wrong about this, was as obvious as blood splattering on white cloth...
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 07:15
Coronath laughed at their suspicion. "I had it all with me in my pack, of course!" he said. "I was very lucky to have it, but some of my other supplies were with my horse. The poor beast got frightened by the ambush and bolted. I fell off, and now it's somewhere off in the wilderness, or found a worse fate."

Ethener listened to this man with an odd feeling. It was not one of suspicion, as the others felt, nor of joy, as Elerrina felt, but he could not explain it. Something about this man just seemed.....odd.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 08:13
"Let me have a look at that wound, Coronath. Hawthorn, you can lower your bow." She made Coronath sit down. She removed his cloak and then unwrapped the makeshift bandage, "Well it looks like the healing is coming quiet well." She said as she pulled out a container of ointment and put it on the wound.

"Ethener, to better answer your question We met Coronath in Bree as Hawthorn said. He traveled with us after that but we were ambushed by orcs and when we were fighting, I was injured. After that battle we looked for Coronath and found him, but he forced us to leave him when more orcs came. We lost Simbelarië and I went back and found her and she informed me that she had gone back and found Coronath was gone. We thought he was dead and I regretted leaving him the whole way to Lorien."
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 11:43
Nethiel glanced sideways at Hawthorn, slowly pulling her short sword out of its sheath. She then rested it on her lap, covered by folds on her clothing, and said with much enthusiasm(sp?), "Oh, Coronath! I'm so glad you're all right! I know I was a bit suspicious of you before, but I am very glad you're back."
She gave him what passed as a very friendly and sincere smile, pulled some Lembas bread out of her pack and threw it to him. "Here, you'd better have some of this." She smiled again, but this time it was not quite so sincere and happy.
BingoTook
Send Message
on: May 16, 2004 05:23
Hawthorn reluctantly lowered his bow, though he kept it and his arrow in hand as he sat down, sidling up alongside Nethiel.

"This ain't right," he murmured in the Elf's ear. " 'F 'e had anythin' when th' orcs nabbed 'im -- 'f they did -- then they'd 've taken it. Orcs never leave nothin'. Ever'body knows it."

He glanced back to where Elerrina stood fretting over Coronath.

"Keep yer fingers tight eround that thin'," he warned, his voice pitched for Nethiel's ears alone. "Yuh might need it."
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2004 05:32
She finished applying the ointment and said, "There now, how does that feel?" Then hearing Hawthorn's comment she smiled, "You really do worry too much Hawthorn."
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2004 01:51
Nethiel flashed a quick smile and said, "Yes, um, Hawthorn, may a talk to you in private for a moment?" She then hopped off her horse and dragged Hawthorn out of earshot of everyone else. "There is something very strange going on. And the fact that Elerrina accepts everything he says without question is even more strange."
She then noticed everyone else staring at them, so she nodded and they walked back. "Yes, good. We should keep going then, eh?" She hopped on her horse and looked around. (OMG, sorry, that was really long)

[Edited on 5/19/2004 by Lady_Elwing]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 05:24
"Yes we should go." Elerrina said standing up. She helped Coronath to his feet and said, "You can ride with me."
BingoTook
Send Message
on: May 19, 2004 04:42
Hawthorn exchanged a glance with Nethiel as Elerrina fretted over Coronath, letting his eyes relay what his mind thought:

"You're right. *Very* strange."
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2004 04:50
Ethener looked the man over, at least, what he could see of him. He saw that the others were troubled by Coronath's presence, but he somehow was not. He felt pity for the man rather than scorn, for he walked as an old man, both from injuries and a hard life of traveling.

*gotta finish later*
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 05:15
Elerrina helped Coronath onto her horse and mounted behind him, "Ethener, would you let Simbelarië ride with you?" She asked.
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2004 07:00
((gonna bump this up. Sorry for not posting))

Ethener helped Simbelarië up onto his horse and waited for Coronath to settle himself behind Elerrina. Then they started off, slowly at first for Coronath and Simbelarië's sake, but eventually sped up the pace. As they rode, Coronath looked around him. One time he noticed the sword and its sheath hanging on Ethener's belt. Ethener saw him observing it and said, "My brother made that for me, when we were young. That was before I became a Ranger. He had some skill as a blacksmith, and fashioned this sword and sheath one year as a present for me. I loved my brother, and I still do, though I have not seen him in many, many years. Denallian was his name." At this Coronath nodded and was silent.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2004 07:53
Elerrina rode on quietly, listening to the chatter around her and taking in all of the sights and smells of the forest. She sighed and looked at the sky.
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2004 01:10
Nethiel sighed rather loudly and said, "So...nice day." No one talked for a long time and she became very bored. "Where are we going, again?"
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2004 01:27
"We are headed for the plains of Rohan. I have to see someone there." Elerrina said, still looking at the sky. A single tear rolled down her cheek.

(ooc: just to let you all know this might be my last post for two weeks. I am going to mexico from june 4th through the 18 and I may not be able to get on again before I go. keep Elerrina going please )

[Edited on 6/1/2004 by InweSilimaure]
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2004 03:35
((Sadly, I will also be gone a lot this month, so I won't have computor access. I will be gone from the 9th through the 13th, and then the 21st through the 27th.))
<< First56789
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email