Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
Rixamus
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: ROTK EE - All Discussion, News, Trailers, etc.
on: October 30, 2004 06:13
i really cant wait till December... this x-mas is gonna be the greatest! ROTK EE is out and so is Battle For Middle-Earth!!!

looking forawrd to seeing the flashbacks of Boromir... he is my fave. character of LOTR - MORE FLASHBACKS!!!!

those images are awesome i cant wait now thanks a lot!
Rhîw_o_Tirion
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2004 08:10
looking forawrd to seeing the flashbacks of Boromir... he is my fave. character of LOTR - MORE FLASHBACKS!!!!

Are you sure about flashbacks? I heard there would be some kind of grafting of Boromir's image onto Faramir while he is talking to Denethor.
~hobbitluver~
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2004 10:16
Well, at least we get it before the States... Go Europe!!

Nah, feel sorry for you that you have to wait for it!

Wait for it? Are you kidding? I'm flying over to Europe on the 9th to camp out in front of the store so I don't have to wait one second longer than necessary! Although I don't think my parents will approve of my sleeping outside all alone...hey, anyone want to come with me? Or maybe I could just bring my cardboard stand up Hobbits to guard me from nightly dangers.

I'm bound to cry when Sam throws away his pots. I thought that was one of the saddest moments in the book. It brought tears to my eyes just reading it.

Wow, Ruby, I thought I'd be the only one looking forward to that part! Poor Sam, now he'll have no way to cook his taters. Or coneys. Or roast chickens...

Anyway, thanks for the links, Aervir. I'm still waiting for the one from the German site to load, and by the looks of things it will be a while (darn cheapo computer :killcomp: ).

I don't really care what the Mouth of Sauron looks like as long as he's in the movie. That part was way too important to leave out. And I'm not thrilled about the Saruman scene (from what I can see--I'm not jumping to conclusions) but I can live with it.

50 minutes of new footage! We wants the Precious! Gollum, gollum! Uh...yeah... *edges away to find cough drops*

Aldariel22
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2004 03:49
Hobbitluver, while I was hoping to wait the extra four days like the majority of America, but since your parents do not want you to go alone, I suppose I could give up the great honor of waiting four da--

Oh! What the Hell?!! Take Me With You! I'll do anything! I'll be your personal slave for the entirety of the trip!! OH! Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!

But seriously, a tip for fellow fanatics in America. I would suggest if you are planning to buy in person(i.e. not pre-mail-order) on the day of release, I would say to pick it up from Wal-Mart. "Why?" you may be asking. For several reasons actually.

1: I think that itis going to be cheaper than other stores.

2: Wal-Mart( Bless It's...Soul? :dizzy: ) is open 24 hours a day, and I don't know about the rest of you, but I am picking it up at 12:01 AM on December 14th. I already have a written excuse for my absence on that Tuesday! This is my number 1 reason! Money is of no consequence when it comes to LOTR: ROTK Extended Edition Bow Set with all those goodies!! Am I right or am I right? :naughty:

3: A lot of people who will camp out at video stores will not consider Wal-Mart a video store, so not a lot of people will go there. And even if they do, Wal-Mart being the smart store that it is will be prepared, and overstock.

If you are not close to a Wal-Mart, don't particularly like Wal-Mart (how can you not?) or are closer to a Target, then my back up suggestion would be Target. The only reason Wal-Mart is number one is cause of the 24 hour thing. On I am going on what I can find on the net but the internet pre-order prices from Wal-Mart and Target are $55.83 and $ 55.94 for the Special Box/Gift Set. So in the stores you can probably bet to find it closer to $49-$50 (I am going on personal experience buying the Star Wars Trilogy which was cheaper in the store than it was on that exact same store's website).The normal Extended Edition without the Minas Tirith Miniature and Extra DVD will most likely be $25-$27 in the store.The price for Blockbuster for buying it on the net is ? (they don't have the Extended Edition up anywhere on the site yet, but you can be sure that is going to be a lot more.

Well yeah...*reads over post* :twitch: Why is it that more often than naught, My reviews are like some of the longest in the thread?

Ta My Lovelies! :wave:

[Edited on 31/10/2004 by Aldariel22]
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 31, 2004 02:03
Well, at least we get it before the States... Go Europe!!

Nah, feel sorry for you that you have to wait for it!

Wait for it? Are you kidding? I'm flying over to Europe on the 9th to camp out in front of the store so I don't have to wait one second longer than necessary! Although I don't think my parents will approve of my sleeping outside all alone...hey, anyone want to come with me? Or maybe I could just bring my cardboard stand up Hobbits to guard me from nightly dangers.

haha, you're more than welcome to come to Denmark, and stay at my place!!
~hobbitluver~
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 31, 2004 08:12
OK, I'll admit it, I got all my LotR movies at either Wal-Mart or Sam's Club (they're owned by the same person). It's true, you can get everything there.

Lossendiliel, I would love to come! Can I bring my hobbits? And I'll bring pizza and candy and pop and we could stay up all night getting high on sugar and watching RotK EE! Woohoo! :disco: :cheers:

By the way, the clip from the German site was awesome! The scene with Pippin and Faramir is adorable. Thanks again for posting that, Aervir. :hug: I am even more excited now, if that's possible! You know, my friend's brother's friend knows how to gets pirated DVDs. *thinks about whether she's desperate enough for RotK EE to break the law* What am I thinking? Of course I am!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, Happy Halloween everybody!

[Edited on 31/10/2004 by ~hobbitluver~]
Aldariel22
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 31, 2004 05:08
David Wenham and Billy Boyd fans will want to go to the German site with the EE Trailer as it is hosted/commentated upon by David and Billy!

Thanks Aervir! I was only just able to get to the site. That trailer was so awesome. It is seriously getting harder and harder to wait for December 14! And Billy and David both looked uber mega hot!

The scenes they show are Gandalf vs. Witchking, extended Paths of the Dead (you kind of get the Dead's reaction to "What Say You?!"), Pippin and Faramir talking ( about how Pippin is wearing Faramir's childhood armor) an extended Pippin lookig for Merry (ends up looking the searching went on for severals hours and when he finally finds them it dark/night)

Everyone who hasn't downloaded it or whatever should! Go now! Shoo! Off with you! Away you go! Begone! :wave:
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 31, 2004 09:19
Yes, oh please bring the hobbits!!

Haha, yes high on sugar, my parents will get crazy, but who cares about them, it's ROTK EE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!!

Ohm, is it real?? They're commenting? Gonna download it NOW!!!
Aldariel22
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2004 09:37
Ms. Aldariel: OK Everyone! Lets do some math!!!

everyone reading this post(aka the class): *groans* yuck! math suck! :angry:

Ms. Aldariel: Of course it does!

A few students: :twitch:

Rest of class: We don't want to do "math"! :nono:

Ms. Aldariel: You will do this math and you will LIKE it!

Entire class this time: :twitch: o..k...

Ms. Aldariel: Let's start with some easy ones. How many days are left in November if we don't count today, November 1st? Lossendiliel?

Lossendiliel: 29...?

Ms.Aldariel: Good! Two GOLD STARS! Now home many days into December does ROTK EE come out on DVD? Do you know ~hobbitluver~?

~hobbitluver~: 14 since it comes out December 14th.

Ms. Aldariel: Two GOLD STARS for you too. She is right, unless of course, you live in Denmark and/or most of Europe. Then it would only be 10. So who can tell me how many days are left until ROTK EE comes out?

Random person who reads the posts but doesn't post themselves: 43 and 39 for those who reside in the United States and for those who reside in Denmark and/or most of Europe, respectively.

Ms. Aldariel: That's absolutelty correct, but seeing as I don't recognize you I am going to have to call Security. You'll probably be arrested and get taken away by the police and go through trials and conviction and all....but hey you got the question right! Two GOLD STARS! Ok I think we have done enough math for today!

Class: YES! :disco:

Ms. Aldariel: So claer your desks and take out your quills and inkpots. Its time for a POP-QUIZ on Quenya!

Class is reacting with a mixture of emotion:
:angry: :twitch: :sob: :banghead:

[Edited on 1/11/2004 by Aldariel22]

[Edited on 1/11/2004 by Aldariel22]
~hobbitluver~
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2004 04:46
Wow, Aldariel, since when did this become the fanfiction section? Very funny, though. You should write a fanfiction. I wrote an LotR fanfic with myself in it once. I just couldn't resist at least pretending I'd met LotR characters! But that's getting a little off-topic.

And Lossendiliel (do you mind if I just say Loss or something? You can shorten my name if you want ), you think your parent will be mad? I'm the one sleeping at a stranger's house in Denmark! Of course, I know that LotR fans are the nicest, coolest, funkiest, all around best people there are, but they just don't listen to me, do they? I'm so misunderstood. :cry: Lol, OK, I'm done being a drama queen. And yes, watch the clip!!!!!! It's awesome!!!!

[Edited on 2/11/2004 by ~hobbitluver~]
Aldariel22
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 02:59
I didn't think that that^ looked like fanfiction...I read fanfiction that is like in paragraph form and long and...canon, I guess but thats get of topic.

Ooops I forgot:

Disclamer: Lord of th Rings doesn't not belong to me. Lossendiliel and ~hobbitluver~ are names/ids/whatever of people who were closest to my post and Therefore is to copy and paste, and therefore absolutetly do not belong to me.

So ROTK EE...we need to get some new information on it. This thread is all...not talking or whatever...
Aldariel22
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 09:45
Ok I posted that we needed more EE stuff to talk about during Lit calss earlier today. It is the end of the day here now and I have happened to stubble upon....new stuff on EE.

Here is a link, click on it to see screenshots of ROTK EE. Some of them we've seen. Other we haven't. Some look like they were in the theatrical version, but yeah still something to check out.

http://www.dvdtown.com/screenshots/lordoftheringsreturnoftheking-/12523/

Ones I THINK we haven't seen/are new:
-Pippin looking at a cloak(?) after Battle of Pelennor Fields.

-Gandalf standing in some old looking part of Minas Tirith.

-Isenguard:
a-Saruman with a Palantir,
b- Legolas reaching for an arrow,
c-Theoden looking at...? I really don't know, maybe Gandalf? Who cares the Isengaurd shots have nice clear shots of a vey spiky wheel! I love that wheel! It is sooo cool looking!

-Eowyn in the Golden Hall bowing-ish giving the goblet/cup to, I think maybe to Theoden, look at the background everyone is all organized and far way from Eowyn, which is unlike when she and Aragron had their little moment and everyone was crowding together and moving and such...

-PJ as the corsair captain with a green arrow sticking out of his chest. (side note: Why don't we have a lauging smilie?)

-Gimli, he looks like is surprised or faking being surprised/being sarcastic,or something
-Rohirrim riding somewhere, they are going past/around both sides of a lake. I think that you can see Eomer if you look closely (I think he is the first of the three foremost riders heading to the right). This is probably The Muster(ing) of the Rohirrim.

There are others from the extended sections of the movie but I think many of you have already seen them.

Well, yeah, schools over and the subsitute librarian is giving me dirty looks. EEK! Why isn't the nice one here today? Well I am going to leave now, I hope I have been helpful!!!

Ta My Fellow Fanatically Darlings!

[Edited on 2/11/2004 by Aldariel22]

[Edited on 2/11/2004 by Aldariel22]
Aldariel22
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 04:06
Ok *takes a deep breath*

Names of Extended Scenes:

5-Return to Edoras
8-The Palantir
11-Minas Tirith

Names of New Scences:

7- Eowyn's Dream (between 6-Gollum's Villainy and 8-The Palantir)
12- The Decline of Gondor (immediately after 11-Minas Tirith)
37- The Corsairs of Umbar (immediately before 38-Shelob's Lair)
39- Merry's Simple Courage (immediately after 38-Shelob's Lair)

There are obviously more. These were found at http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=4927

Now I have a question: Was there a scene in the Theatrical Version called "Grond- Hammer of the Underworld"? It is shown right after Merry's Simple Courage as scene/chapter 40 at the link provided above. I haven't seen the theatrical's scene selection in a while so I am not sure of all the scene's names. I don't remember this title/scene so it sounds new to me but there is nothing indicating that it is a new scene (i.e. no astrix*) I am SO CONFUSED!!

If anyone can clear this bit up for me, that would be wonderful!
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 08:20
If I tell them in time, I think it would be okay!!

Well, maybe not with the Scip-school-that-day part, but then we could always meet in the town and go buy it! My school's in the city, so you could also have classes with me (hmm, gym... nah...)

Anyways, that was soooo cool Aldariel!! Must say....:love:
~hobbitluver~
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 02:32
Unless I've finally snapped, then I'm positive that there is a chapter called "Grond--Hammer of the Underworld". Then again, I snapped a long time ago, so maybe you shouldn't trust me. By the way, fanfics can we written in paragraph form, but a lot of them are written the way you did it, too, Aldariel.

And Lossendiliel, I think going to school in another country sounds really interesting (except for the gym part...I agree with you on that ). Of course, we could always buy the DVD and fly back to my house. Then your parents would never know you missed school.
Aldariel22
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 03:56
Grond-Hammer of the Underworld: the battering ram that looks like a warg breathing fire. My sis told me that without even looking at the DVD or anything...how embarrassing...

And speaking of gym; my school has a whacked up way of class scheduling and so we take gym for 45 days straight or one marking period(1/2 a semester). Any today was my last day of gym for the rest of this year! Woot!
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 04, 2004 02:00
Hahaha, probably yes because our teacher's checking that we are attending, and in the end of the year the parents get a note with how much we missed!!
But cool idea, but we could stay at my house too, I'd convince them... And my school is only to two o'clock, so we'd have a lot of time!!
Aervir
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2004 11:30
There's the SEE chapter list now... Hoo boy! :disco: Is it December yet?

* New scene
** Extended scene

Disc 1

1. The Finding of the Ring **
2. The Journey to the Cross-roads
3. The Road to Isengard **
4. The Voice of Saruman *
5. Return to Edoras **
6. Gollum's Villainy
7. Eowyn's Dream *
8. The Palantir **
9. Arwen's Vision
10. The Reforging of Narsil
11. Minas Tirith **
12. The Decline of Gondor *
13. The Cross-roads of the Fallen Kings *
14. "The Deep Breath Before the Plunge" **
15. Minas Morgul
16. The Warning of Sam *
17. "The Board is Set"
18. Osgiliath Invaded**
19. The Lighting of the Beacons
20. Theoden's Decision **
21. The Fall of Osgiliath **
22. The Wizard's Pupil *
23. The Stairs of Cirith Ungol
24. "Courage, it's the Best Defence" *
25. Peregrin, Soldier of the "Tower Guard" *
26. Allegiance to Denethor
27. The Parting of Sam and Frodo
28. The Sacrifice of Faramir **
29. Marshaling at Dunharrow **
30. Anduril - Flame of the West
31. Aragorn Takes the Paths of the Dead **
32. "No More Despair"
33. Dwimorberg - The Haunted Mountain **
34. The Muster of Rohan
35. The King of the Dead**
36. The Siege of Gondor **

Disc 2

37. The Corsairs of Umbar *
38. Shelob's lair
39. Merry's Simple Courage*
40. Grond - The Hammer of the Underworld
41. The Tomb of the Stewards **
42. Breaking the Gate of Gondor
43. The Choices of Master Samwise
44. Denethor's Madness
45. The Lord of the Nazgul *
46. The Ride of the Rohirrim
47. The Pyre of Denethor **
48. The Battle of Pelennor Fields **
49. "A Far Green Country"
50. The Nazgul and His Prey
51. The Black Ships
52. Shieldmaiden of Rohan
53. Victory at Minas Tirith **
54. The Passing of Theoden
55. Oaths Fulfilled
56. The Houses of Healing *
57. Pippin Finds Merry *
58. The Tower of Cirith Ungol **
59. The Last Debate **
60. Aragorn and the Palantir *
61. Faramir and Eowyn *
62. In Orcs Company *
63. The Land of Shadow **
64. The Mouth of Sauron *
65. The Black Gate Opens
66. "I Can't Carry It for You ... But I Can Carry Your"
67. The Last Move
68. Mount Doom **
69. "The Eagles are Coming!"
70. The Crack of Doom
71. Sauron Defeated
72. The End of All Things
73. The Fellowship Reunited
74. The Return of the King
75. Homeward Bound
76. The Grey Havens
77. End Credits
78. Fan Club Credits *

ethuiliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2004 02:23
Squeee!!!
My precious!!!

Must watch EE!!! Need EE!!!

I think I'll print that list out and try to figure out what every little scene is...

56. The Houses of Healing *
yay.

61. Faramir and Eowyn *
Sigh!!! Squee!!! Must see NOW!!!
Aldariel22
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2004 04:31
WEEEE! *ponders the chapter list* so many chapters now...This is going to great! Did you see the news posts things on the homepage? Anyone smart enough to visit this thread would have seen those pics before anyone on the site. WOOT! GO THIS THREAD! Seriously this is one of the few things that is keeping me from going mad! Less than 40 days for both USA and Denmark/Europe till the EE DVD comes out.
leggys_chick2004
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2004 04:12
yea i explained the whole Saruman death scene a while ago, but no one beleived me, and now it looks like its gonna come true
har har i win!
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: November 05, 2004 05:52

7. Eowyn's Dream *

16. The Warning of Sam *

22. The Wizard's Pupil *

24. "Courage, it's the Best Defence" *

39. Merry's Simple Courage*

I wonder what these could be?
LadyEowyn_Of_Rohan
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 05, 2004 06:13
I hope #22 is something interesting with Faramir, Gandalf, and Denethor... *crosses fingers and waits*
Aldariel22
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2004 06:36

7. Eowyn's Dream *

This scene, I THINK, we have a spoiler of. It's the scene where Eowyn is laying down and Aragorn is next to her and they are talking. The one where people were forever saying it was in the House of Healing but it ended up bieng in Edoras. I just am wondering what her dream and the following conversation with Aragorn are about!

Moving on...everyone heard about/saw the pic the had Fararmir in the foreground and Boromir behind him, right? Well if you didn't you hearing about it now and you can find it in one of the links above. My question is: When do you think it is going to happen? or (if you would like different phrasing) What chapter do you think it will appear in? I think it may happen during chapters:

22. The Wizard's Pupil *

tar_hazelton
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 10:13

...everyone heard about/saw the pic the had Fararmir in the foreground and Boromir behind him, right? ... What chapter do you think it will appear in? ..

That's "Wizard's Pupil" I would guess because in the book, Denethor says Faramir is a wizard's pupil, so that's a scene between Denethor and Faramir. "Decline of Gondor" I heard was a scene between Pippen and Gandalf.
~hobbitluver~
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2004 01:21
I'm very interested in seeing what "The Warning of Sam" and "Merry's Simple Courage" are. Then again, I'm kinda biased. Anything involving Hobbits makes my ear perk up. Maybe "Merry's Simple Courage" is the scene where he pledges allegience to Theoden?
vaya
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2004 04:06
Ok, so a thought occured to me...

Is the demise of Saruman at teh begining of the movie or at the end of it.

I would think the end would make more sense, personally.
Aldariel22
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2004 09:15
Ok, so a thought occured to me...

Is the demise of Saruman at teh begining of the movie or at the end of it.

I would think the end would make more sense, personally.

I think that if you looked at the Chapter list that Aervir put up (by the way I don't know if if I said this or not so; Aervir thanks for putting the complete list up so we could see it!) you would be able to see a chapter called:

4. The Voice of Saruman *

This is almost 100% sure to have the demise of Saruman. As you can see this is only chapter 4, so his end will come fairly early in the film. I think that the movie making team thought it would be bteer to get him out of the way(this is only my opinion and its not like I am saying it a good thing, I just think that it is a reason for why this is how things worked out.
vaya
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2004 11:15
it may actually make more sense for Saruman to die at the end of the movie, rather than the beggining. Like they go back to Isengard to check in on him.
Aldariel22
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2004 12:10
Yeah, but thats obviously not how that happens as there are no new scenes added to the end...actually I am kinda glad that he is dealt with at the beginning of the film.
~hobbitluver~
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2004 02:27
I'm a bit confused about the whole "Saruman's death" thing. In the books Saruman died during the scouring of the Shire, so they obviously have to change it in the movies. But last I heard the picture of him impaled on a spike wasn't real. *is confused* Does anyone know anyhting more about all that?
mistery_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2004 05:20
There is a new video on lordoftherings.net, but it's not working. All I get is the Quicktime icon. Has this happened to anyone else? I know that my Quicktime settings are alright, because I watched some other trailers today and they worked perfectly.

Please reply!
Aldariel22
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2004 10:48
Yea! I am glad mistery_elf brought that up. The same thing keeps happening to me. I can some of the other trailers but all I get is the broken Q Quicktime icon. I think that not only I but also mistery_elf and everyone who has this issue (cuz I am sure that others are having the same problem) would really appreciate!!

:feedback:
Shadow_fax
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2004 05:00
I'm glad this has been brought up. I can't download the video either, I thought it was my PC acting up, but the broken Quicktime icon may indicate a problem on the official site. I wonder if they know about it. It's such a shame we can't see it :cry: as all tantalising morsals of the EE are more than welcome.
The good thing is we are ever nearing release date. Not long now.
mistery_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2004 08:56
Yippie! I'm not the only one who has had this problem! I also thought it was my computer, but luckily it isn't.

Anyway, I noticed a feedback link on the official site, where you can suggest improvements. So I told them about the broken icon and hopefully they'll do something about it soon.
But then again, Shadow_fax is right: only one more month to go!
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email