Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
faramirofminastirith
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Who is your favorite character?
on: February 19, 2005 06:54
ello! faramir! i mean who doesnt like faramir??
Fodo_Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 06:46
Frodo of course - sillys!!!!!! (even thogh i spelled it wrong when i joined CoE!!) but i do like sam as well i just love the bond they have so powerful (i hav a friendship like that apart from we think of eachother as brothers which is really great) then again all of the hobbits are cute hehe i do like pippin coz of bill's scottish accent it really fits the part well (this is my first post here by the way ) legolas is kool too oh and gandalf oh heck they're all amazing!! and the rest of the cast, including bill the poney

[Edited on 25/3/2005 by Fodo_Baggins]
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 06:40
Hello there, Fodo_Baggins. How do ya' like your stay on CoE??

Just to let you know, you might want to punctuate, capitalize, and spell check some of your words. I know it's alot faster and easier to say "gr8" than "great", but it's a bit harder for people to read your sentences. No offense; just letting ya' know.
Sam_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 08:22
<------ For many reasons. On being how much we are alike, and how much people saw we are alike. Sam is the quintessential friend to me, and i hope that others see me in the same light, though i would never say that of myself.
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 08:25
My list of favourite characters:
Grima
Gollum/Smeagol
Pippin
Sam
Eowyn
Bill the pony (the 10th member of the Fellowship!)

...that's it

the other characters are great too, but I certainly wouldn't class them as 'favourites' as such

[Edited on 23/3/2005 by GrimaWormtongue]
nikkiethehobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 01:21
PIPPPIN ALL THE WAY just because he is so innocent :love::love::love:
Anoria_Miriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 04:35
Eowyn's definitly my favourite. She's inspired me so much, and is such a good role model. She fights when only men do, and when no one lets her go to war.
But second is probably Faramir, then Galadriel, Pippin, and Aragorn.
elves_bestfriend
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 07:23
there all awsome!
Fodo_Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 05:49
Thanks for the welcome foolofatook!! i'll bear the advice in mind and no offence taken hehe i just use messenger a lot and so i go on auto pilot hehe perhaps if i can get sum more regular posting done then i'll get better at the whole type the whole word properly thing hehe but anyway this isn't really the place for this so ill wrap up for now hehe feel free to mail me i've only got one message and that goes for everyone else as well!!!!! catch ya later!!
TinaHalfelven
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 06:39
LEGOLAS. Ahem. Sorry. Yes. Legolas is my favorite MOVIE character. He's so hot and loyal and trusting and trustworthy. Kind of like Will Turner really, except minus pirate-ness and Johnny Depp.
kaki_samwise_gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 06:27
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sam. Period. The end. The real hero of the Lord of the Rings. Admit it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another Quote
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree totally with you. Sam helped Frodo and pretected him all the way. Go Sam!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG YEA i luv sam.. like in TTT 'you've left ut one of the main charaters, samwise the brave, frodo wouldn't of got far without sam' :heart:
Morna_Child_of_Eru
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 10:03
FRODO. Though Sam is a close second. I think Frodo sqeaks out just a bit ahead of Sam because I relate more to Frodo. The internal battle, the need for support he can't bring himself to ask for, the fact that, like all of us, he's failable and capable of being put in situations that are beyond his ability to endure. As for why I picked Sam...his loyalty. Relationships are THE most important thing in life, and Samwise shows us that.
fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 04:14
frodo, sam, arwen, aragorn, galadriel
Redeemed
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2005 02:28
Samwise Gamgee, without any doubt in the world. Sure, Aragorn is nobler and Gandalf is wiser and Gimli is more hardy and Eowyn's prettier and all, but it is with Sam that I can most identify, and his simplicity and servant's heart are some of the most beautiful aspects of the trilogy. Plus, he makes me laugh even in the darkest parts of the story.
That being said, no one is above Sam, but I hold a deep love for Faramir - of the book, not the movie, although far be it from me to deny that he looks GOOD - but I feel that the movie ruined his character.
Fodo_Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2005 03:10
FRODO. Though Sam is a close second. I think Frodo sqeaks out just a bit ahead of Sam because I relate more to Frodo. The internal battle, the need for support he can't bring himself to ask for, the fact that, like all of us, he's failable and capable of being put in situations that are beyond his ability to endure. As for why I picked Sam...his loyalty. Relationships are THE most important thing in life, and Samwise shows us that.

thank you Morna_child_of_Eru for putting into words what i could not you really hit the nail on the head i thoroughly agree that relationships are the basis of our lives and that we all have times when we cannot ask for help although we are in desperate need of it
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2005 06:43
Aragorn, the reluctant king, is my favorite character. His battles are both internal and external. There are heavy demands upon his physical,emotional and mental facilities. I admire his bravery in the face of defeat, loyalty and love to those he hold dear, his nobility and humility. He ain't too bad to look at, either.:love:
Berelaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 02:54
:love: me lovesessss
Frodo, Pippin, and Legolas:heart:
Ovëlyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 07:27
Boromir - For his honor and courage. For his bravery and compassion. For every weakness he has, I see in all mankind; including myself.

Aragorn - For his unfailing loyalty and committment to greatness. He is everything we all long to be but just aren't. He is the reluctant King, which is why he is the only one deserving of the title.

Sméagol - For every horrible experience one could live through during their lifetime, he experienced it all... and although he failed miserably at trying to mend his ways, he still managed to try, which is more than any of us could say about our own lives.

Samwise, Merry and Pippin - There could not be a more loyal group of friends than this group. Frodo may have worn the Ring around his neck, but they all helped carry it to Mordor.

Gandalf - For all things wise, Gandalf far surpassed his peers. His unfailing love for the Hobbits is endearing and his love for pipeweed is humorous.

Théoden - He represents all who have lost their voice at some point only to find it later on and thusly redeem themselves. He led his people to victory by teaching them the importance of holding fast and standing up for what you believe in - even if that means dying for it.

Éowyn - Because she loved her people so much that it hurt her so deeply to be left behind. She could not understand that even though she was not at battle, she was still helping them by taking care of those who could not take care of themselves.

Faramir - The unsung hero. He rode in the shadow of his older brother for so long without receiving any praise.

Eh, I think I'll stop here and just simply say that I adore all the characters for everything they offer to the story. Tolkien did a fantastic job of writing each Human, Elf, Dwarf, Hobbit and other folk to have specific characteristics that represent something unique inside us all.
AniDarling
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 05:36
My favourite character is Aragorn, although I like very much Arwen and Frodo too. In the movie I love Cate Blanchett so I like Galadriel. But I like much more Aragorn!!!
elfAyla
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 09:54
I my self LOVE legi!:love:
he is so hot not to menchin kool but........ well thats just my opinion!

[Edited on 12/6/2005 by Figwit]
the1ringofSauron
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 04:43
:hug:Llegolas :hug: Aragorn :hug: Eowyn :hug: Faramir

[Edited on 6/12/2005 by Nienna-of-the-Valar]
elfAyla
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 06:10
:love: love ur banner! and good choices!

Varda_of_the_Valar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 07:37
Aragorn, Arwen and Sam.. in not particular order..

Also Merry, Pippen, Gandlaf and Faramir..

Also Eomer, Eowyn.. ALL OF THEM!!!!
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 11:05
Thanks for the welcome foolofatook!! i'll bear the advice in mind and no offence taken hehe i just use messenger a lot and so i go on auto pilot hehe perhaps if i can get sum more regular posting done then i'll get better at the whole type the whole word properly thing hehe but anyway this isn't really the place for this so ill wrap up for now hehe feel free to mail me i've only got one message and that goes for everyone else as well!!!!! catch ya later!!

*lol* No problem! I know how it gets when you start postin' on messanger. :rolleyes: *lol* It's fun though! Maybe I'll send ya' a message one of these moons.

Once again, welcome!! And have fun!!
alane
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 02:23
Legolas is my Elf Boy!!:love:
I hav 2 admit that I hav a "little" obsession with him, but it's one that I can live with my Elf friends. :love:
elfAyla
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2005 12:58
ORLANDOS MINE.......:love::love::love:.......... not trying to be rude or greedy but..... I just :love: him
alane
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 02:25
ORLANDOS MINE.......:love::love::love:.......... not trying to be rude or greedy but..... I just :love: him

Hey my Elf friend, ur not the only 1, I :love::love::love::love::love: him 2 you know.
elfAyla
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 07:11
I know!! and I dont mind if other ppl like him as long as they dont like think hes all theres and all ....... thats all and I was just posting a post and I put wat I thought and felt as my opinon/post thing!
Nienna-of-the-Valar
Loremaster of the Edain
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 07:59
Alright, ladies . This is a thread about the _characters_, not about the actors. Please, if you want to drool over Orlando, take it next door to the Casting Forum. Thanks!
elfAyla
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 08:04
murmers:... Im not drooling .......
but wat ever!

Kaur
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 01:43
Hey! Galadriel isn't on there. She's definetly my favorite!
Ewey
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2005 07:46
My favorite is Legolas, he's so great fighter and also so smart! I also like Aragorn, Faramir, Arwen and Galadriel. But all in fellowship are nice and I love them all:heart::heart::heart:
henidhrineth
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2005 08:14
i'm not sure who i like the most....i think it'll have to be legolas because he is great with a bow and he's quiet and sweet.
Yunathesummoner
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2005 09:20
I adore Eowyn! She's everything a woman should be!
Princess_Sailasiri
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2005 09:26
Thats a hard question. :dizzy: Personally I guess I'll go with Sam who was true hero. Eowyn and Faramir are right up there too.
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email