Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
Post In the land of the Lossoth(semi-scripted,see the ooc to join)
on: January 30, 2004 08:51
(OOC-The story takes place right after "Varda's gift".)
~~Orodreth and Vana had been at home for three weeks after they returned from Rivendell.Lindal and Macilie chose to stay there for some time and now they were practically alone in the big Carnesir mansion.It was another uneventful afternoon and the couple was sitting in the living room,trying to break the boredom that lasted for a couple weeks now~~

"It seems everybody has something to do except us.Even nana went to her city woman meeting.You know,you could have gone too...but again,that would leave me bored to death and they are all old women anyway." Orodreth said with a frown."How about we go down...oh,thats right,we've done that about hundred times already in the past three weeks.Damn,I wish we had stayed in Rivendell too!It was typically me to go rushing back here!I always feel guilty whenever Iam not here,looking after my mom.",he said sarcastically.He looked over at Vana.He could see that she thought the same and he felt somewhat guilty.Then he stood up and walked around.

It became too much after a while and he sat down beside Vana and took her hands and said "Meleth nin,why don't we take another trip,just you and me this time?!That would sure help." Then he remembered and his mood sank again."Thats right...you are pregnant..",he said resignantly.

[Edited on 30/1/2004 by Perathion]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: In the land of the Lossoth(semi-scripted,see the ooc to join)
on: January 31, 2004 11:08
Vana was resting in a soft chair set right in the rays of the sun, and she watched Orodreth lazily, soaking up the sun like a cat would. When he suggested a trip, however, all lethergy slipped from her and she sat up.

"I will not be showing for some time yet, m'love," she reminded him, absently resting a hand on her abdomen. "A trip would be just the thing for both of us. Where should we go? Somewhere neither of us have seen before...which considerably narrows the field."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2004 11:41
Orodreth was glad deep inside that Vana was as stubborn as she is."Well..Iam still not sure if we should go,but..I always wondered about the lands in the north.I know very little about them,except that they are populated by people called the Lossoth...they are a man race.But its cold there and I will understand you perfectly if you don't want to go there.",he said.

He didn't want to expose his beloved Vana to extreme weather conditions,but the adventurer spirit in him woke and he felt a strange urge to explore the lands of the north.

[Edited on 31/1/2004 by CarolP]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 12:36
Vana smiled and touched the side of Orodreth's face. "M'love, I know you have been pacing the walls of this house like a trammeled animal. I want to see this land, and I do not fear the cold." Her smile was gentle as she guided his face up to look at hers. His gaze was searching as his blue eyes met hers.

He seemed to read her for a moment, deciding what to do.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 12:50
As the last obstacle was removed,Orodreth felt truly happy inside.He smiled at her and touched her face and then moved his hand along her cheek and touched the straws of her long golden hair that touched the side of her face."I hoped you would say that.I would never want to go anywhere without you.Then it wouldn't feel like an adventure at all." He kissed her lightly on the lips,then put his hand gently on her stomach."And if the little warrior doesn't mind,we shall have our last adventure as free and uncommited couple!",he said at last smiling with all his heart.Then he went to prepare all they needed and in order to do that,he had to go to town."You can stay here and get what you need meleth nin.I won't be long.",he said.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 01:04
Vana leaned forward and gently touched her lips to Orodreth's before she replied, "You do so, my love, but hurry to my side quickly, or I shall pine."

He grinned at her and replied, "You'll pine, and I'm a holly bush."

Vana laughed, and got up and headed to their room as Orodreth left the house to prepare supplies.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 04:43
Orodreth got what they needed in town and came back soon.
He came in and called out for Vana."Darling,Iam back!I got us some warm clothes so we don't freeze to death.I know that we don't have any clothes that are warm enough." As she came down,he showed her the fine coats made of leather and wool and sheepskin hats."I was lucky to find this here!Harlond has a warm climate and people never wear this sort of clothes around here.I just hope you can stand wool.",he said with a grin."Obviously there is some trade going on between Harlindon and the north,for these clothes are most certainly made by men.But believe me,one needs them up there!",he added when he saw Vana frowning.

[Edited on 3/2/2004 by Perathion]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 09:37
((OOC: hello alll, i'm playing as Ulfgar the dwarf and I'm just gonna sit around and wait for the right moment to bring him in.))
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 10:27
(OOC-Welcome Ruwen!)Image

[Edited on 4/2/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 10:40
((Hey Ruwen! Can't wait to have you join in!))

Vana frowned at the armful of supplies Orodreth brought home, but soon came to realize that he was right; against typical snow storms, she was able to easily remain warm, but from what she had read about this land, it got very, very cold there, and she didn't want to take chances.

"I am almost done packing our other supplies," she informed him, leading him back upstairs. On their bed rested two packs, neither of them over-large, but Vana had demonstrated the skills that came of being a ranger and packed a lot of food and clothing into a small area, even managing to include her herb bag. "Just in case something goes wrong," she explained when she saw Orodreth's puzzled look.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 12:10
Orodreth smiled at his wife's ability to think ahead and organize."Thats good.I just hope it wont be too much for our horses to bear.Those snow storms can prove enough for a horse." After they had concluded they had all they need,only thing that remained was to decide when."So,when shall we set off?",Orodreth asked excited.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 04:52
Vana smiled at her husband's excitment. He sounded almost like a little boy, eager for adventure, and she realized, for the first time, how reigned in he had truly felt since marrying her and taking responsiblity for both of their actions.

"What say we leave tommorow?" she asked, leaning aganist his shoulder. "Can you conclude all your business by then?" She tilted her head up a bit to look at him.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 06:51
Orodreth thought about Vana's suggestion,then said "Yes,I believe so.I can always be relieved by someone else on duty.It depends for how long though...yet nothing ever happens anyway",he added with a chuckle and looked at Vana,smiling heartily."I tell you,NOTHING could stop me from going!",he exclaimed solemnly.Then he embraced her."No more boredom for us.I would never let you bore yourself to death.Youre a free spirit and I love you because of that."

[Edited on 5/2/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2004 08:52
Vana laughed at Orodreth's (true) comment that nothing ever happened in Harlond. "This is true, my love," she replied, "but it is a place of peace to rest after trying adventures. Peace, however, can get tiresome."

Pulling out of his embrace gently, she took his hand and led him to the couch. "Sit, my dear," she urged, sitting herself and tugging him to sit beside her. "There is naught more to be done until we leave on the morrow, so do not weary yourself with needless pacing."

[Edited on 6/2/2004 by CarolP]
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2004 01:44
Orodreth gave in to Vana's tugging and sat down beside her."Well..here we are.What now?We have all this time to kill..",he said.Slowly the boredom came back."I hate waiting!" he said irritated.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 05:18
"Well, we can't have you bored, now can we?" Vana asked teasingly. Pulling one knee to her chest and resting her chin on it, she asked, "Do you have any objections to going to the beach for a time? It may be a while before I will want to swim again...particularly since the north is so cold." She mock-shivered.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 06:14
Orodreth smiled."Oh,that.Yes,that would do.",he answered and stroked her hair smiling."Yes,you won't be able to swim in a while..unless you wanna swim in those cold seas up there!",he said and chuckled.Then he stood up and said cheerfully,feeling his boredom disappear "Lets go then,m'love.Shall we bring anything with us?",he asked.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 09:24
Vana stood with her husband and considered the question. "Perhaps a dry change of clothes, but that's about all we'll need. Unless you're hungry?" At Orodreth's grin and nod, Vana laughed and said, "I'll grab something to eat if you'll grab the changes of clothes."

Without waiting for a response, Vana disentangled her hand from her husband's and headed for the kitchen. A picnic basket was easy to pack, as much of their food had been pre-made. Walking out of the kitchen with the basket slung over her arm, she called, "Hurry up, Orodreth!"

[Edited on 11/2/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 12:04
Next day it was a fine clear morning when Orodreth and Vana said goodbye to Ëamane(who didn't share their enthusiasm about the trip) and mounted their horses,having put their packs on them.They rode and talked."I hope we won't have problems with finding the right route.It can be as frustrating as hell to wander around in confusion,as you know.",he added with a grin,a bit nervous."Are you hungry?",he asked her after some time."There is a nice valley about 10 miles ahead,we can stop there and have some lunch."

[Edited on 12/2/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 05:32
Vana considered that proposition. Her travel-instincts said that they should keep going until dark, but they were in no hurry to get anywhere at this point in time, and she wanted to enjoy her husband's company.

"I am a little hungry," she admitted. "And stopping would be welcome...as I still have yet to get all the sand out of my hair!" She glared playfully at her husband, refering to a sand battle that had erupted the pervious day. He smiled innocently in return and took the lead toward the valley.

[Edited on 13/2/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2004 05:48
Orodreth grinned remembering their "sand fight" the previous day."Very well..we will have to spend the first night in the open anyway.The nearest town is Hobbiton and hopefully we will be there by tomorrow evening.",he said pondering at the distance.

When they came to the beautiful valley that opened north of the Blue Mountains,Orodreth smiled and said to Vana "Didn't I choose the right place for a picnic?" They dismounted and took out the lembas and some sweet cakes Ëamane made for their trip.They sat and enjoyed the lovely view and the peace,not saying much,just appreciating it all.

[Edited on 14/2/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2004 01:39
Vana smiled as she looked over the view with a mouthful of lembas. "I have not had much call to ever go this way," she admited after swallowing. "I regret that now. This is a beautiful area...very peaceful."

She smiled at her husband. "But, almost everywhere I am is peaceful with you, meleth nin," she said, reaching out and gripping his shoulder. "Except Mordor," she added with a teasing grin.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 08:26
He smiled lovingly at her,then took her hand and kissed it."Aye,that is a place that can never be too peaceful.",he said with a grin.A light wind started to blow."It blows from the north." Orodreth concluded as he gazed towards their destination."Lets finish up and get going so we don't get too far behind the schedule",he said.Then he looked at Vana and said "Soon you'll have to put on those clothes." He grinned and pointed at the winter clothes they brought,looking forward to see how she would look like in them and not least her reaction.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 05:07
Vana made a face at her husband. "I know, my love, I know. But I'd like to delay that day as long as possible." She pushed a piece of lembas into his mouth before he could say anything and got up, dusting her hands off. She quickly packed the leftovers and mounted up easily, eager to go on and see more of the world that she had not yet explored.

"Do you have a good campsite in mind?" she asked Orodreth as he mounted up as well. Vana wasn't particularly picky about where she slept, as during her years as a ranger she had slept pretty much anywhere, but she sensed that Orodreth would want a say in where they slept, as he wanted to keep a good eye on her and their unborn child.

Her hand slipped from her horse's mane to her abdomen, and she smiled. Elven women were different than human women in that they knew what gender their child would be long before it was born, and Vana was pleased to remember that she carried her husband's first son and heir to his name. 'What will his nature be?' she wondered, getting lost in her own thoughts. 'A wanderer, a warrior, a healer, a harper...or something greater?'
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 03:09
"Do you have a good campsite in mind?" Vana asked as they mounted the horses.Orodreth shrugged."Not really.Iam not that familiar with the terrain we will be on when the night falls...but I can see on the map." He took out the map and looked."Hmm,hills are plenty there.If we don't make it over those hills by nightfall,then we will have to spend the night there.",he pondered.

He looked at Vana and noticed that her hand was on her abdomen and her eyes distant,so he realized she was thinking about their child.He hadn't yet asked her about its gender,but he somehow figured it would be a boy since his own family was full of boys."So...are we waiting a son?",he asked carefully.

[Edited on 17/2/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 12:04
Vana's eyes snapped back into focus as her husband asked her what gender their child would be, and she flashed a brilliant smile at him as she replied, "Indeed, my love, we await our son and your heir."

Nudging her horse towards his, she reached out and took the map from his hand and examined it carefully. "This looks to be the best campsite avaliable in our travel range for tonight." she said after a moment, pointing at a little bowl valley in the hills Orodreth had commented on.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 02:57
Hearing Vana's response,Orodreth's heart started beating madly with joy.He turned his eyes to the sky and thanked Varda silently.Then Vana suddenly grabbed the map from him and he stared at her in surprise.Then he started laughing."My,you are some organiser!",he said with a chuckle.
"You really have it all under control." He smiled and reached out to her,touching her face and then leaned over to kiss her.

Then he briefly returned to their previous discussion "Yes,that valley will do",he confirmed,not wanting to be outdone by his wife in such a "manly" thing as travelling routes.Then as they rode on both content in their hearts,they started talking about the baby."What shall we name him?" Orodreth pondered.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 08:34
Vana laughed and gently kissed her husband back, saying softly, "Believe me, my love, I would never want to out-do you in such a manly job." Sharing a laugh, they started off again, heading for the valley Vana had indicated.

A few moments after they had started, Orodreth asked, apparently thinking aloud, "What shall we name him?"

Vana pondered for a second, then grinned at her husband. "I had thought to leave that task to you, m'love, as he is to be your heir. Pick well...it should be a name of power." She ducked as Orodreth playfully tried to smack her.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 02:31
Orodreth laughed as she ducked under and pretending to be aggravated he said "Aw damn,a miss!" Then he looked at Vana and both burst into laughter again.As they stopped laughing,he again started thinking."Hmm,a strong name he must have indeed.I'll have to think about it carefully,because giving a name is something one mustn't be too reckless with."
he said thoughtfully.

~~And so they rode on,talking and laughing and enjoying their trip.As the night came,they came to the hills they spoke about earlier and found the "bowl valley" as Vana called it,where they set their camp for the night.~~
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 09:41
Vana dismounted when they reached the valley and took up the job of setting up the bedroll and all the firework, including cooking a small meal. Orodreth took the job of picketing the horses and making a general nuisance of himself as Vana tried to cook.

"Orodreth!" Vana laughed as he stole another kiss. "I'm trying to cook here!"

"Cook then, no one's stopping you!" Orodreth retorted as he wound his arms around her waist.

"There!" she cried after a moment, pulling the pan off the fire and ruefully blowing on her burned fingers. "Eat up, laddy me love," she said, quickly divvying the food between the two of them.

[Edited on 2/20/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 10:10
"Aw,did you burn yourself sweetheart?" Orodreth asked as Vana blew on her fingers.He took the plate she offered him and with a happy smile said "Thank you meleth nin.Lets try your cooking skills.You never really had a chance to prove yourself in that department,my mother rules the kitchen with iron hand!",he giggled.After tasting the meal,he smiled satisfied and said "Well,once again you impress me.This is excellent!"
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 08:27
Vana smiled at her husband. "You're too kind, my love," she teased, examining her fingers. Small blisters had appeared on her hands, so she got up and walked to her pack. Rummaging through her pack, she pulled out a vial of crushed herbs and spread them on her fingers.

Returning to the fire, she sat down by Orodreth and rested her head on his shoulder as she gazed dreamily into the flames.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 10:59
Orodreth sat with Vana by his side and thought about their way ahead and about Lindal and Macilie,wondering what they are doing right now.He smiled to himself thinking that he is for the first time enjoying himself without his little brother.He missed him slightly,but looking at Vana and feeling her body next to his,he knew that everything was as it should be and quickly Lindal disappeared from his mind.There was only Vana now.He pulled her closer to him and smiled,kissing her forehead.Words were not needed to lift the atmosphere.

[Edited on 2/21/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 09:46
Vana rested her head aganist her husband's chest, snuggling close under his embracing arm. A soft, contended sigh escaped her as she stared into the dancing flames. The soothingly familiar sound of Orodreth's heart thumping under her ear and the patterns created in the flames lulled her into a fully relaxed state, and before she had realized it, she was asleep, wandering in the green fields and forests of her dream land.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 12:02
The morning found them sleeping in eachother's arms and the bright rays of the morning sun woke them both.The first thing Orodreth saw were Vana's bright blue eyes and her beautiful face."Morning princess.",he said with a loving smile."Slept well?"

Slowly they got on their feet and started preparing to continue
their journey.Orodreth looked forward to it at the same time as he was concerned that the long route would be too much for Vana.As they started riding,he kept a watchful eye on her to assure she was allright.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email